Log of OOC Meeting for 10/22/16

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Rosin

Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Kinaed claims, "Is there anyone willing to volunteer to be our Scribe today? This entails some QP to post a log of the OOC Chat up on the forums for those who could not attend."

Kinaed looks around with hope in her eyes.

Goodryke says, "I can't say no to QP"

Bertrand claims, "Sure"

Bertrand says, "Give it to Good"

Kinaed states to Bertrand, "Thank you. I'll give it to Good - first speaker."

Goodryke exclaims, "Maybe I can afford a scribe that way!"

Kinaed states to Goodryke, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Barcus pontificates, "Me!"

Kinaed says to Barcus, "Got you."

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else?"

Rimilde claims, "Yeah"

Kinaed claims to Rimilde, "Okay, I've got you"

Kinaed says, "If anyone else has any topics, please send me a tell and I'll add you to the list."

Kinaed says, "In the meantime, I'll kick off Staff Updates. This week, I spent a lot of time going through the Request Board."

Kinaed has transferred Estone. [OOC]

Ismael gives Estone some coins.

Kinaed claims, "I still plan to work out jail automation and I have to review the assets spec."

Kinaed says, "That's all for me."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "You're up."

Goodryke muses, "Jail automation?"

Kinaed says to Goodryke, "We want to put up automatic notices to jailbirds explaining to read HELP CAPTIVITY and notes to Order/Jailbirds after certain periods to remind people to arrange RP, etc."

Azarial states, "I've been chewing on the bug list; it is now down into the lower 120s. news covers most all of it, but the long standing issue with wet mounts should be resolved."

Goodryke states to Kinaed, "Ah cool, that would come handy"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed claims, "Very cool."

Kinaed claims, "Just a moment whilst I scan the change board to see if there's anything worth a call out. Please read HELP CHANGE Oct2016 though."

Ismael exclaims, "Really a lot of changes! :)"

Kinaed claims, "There's been a change to guard and flee so that guarding can (and can fail) to block someone fleeing."

Rimilde queries, "Interesting, how is that determined? Luck, random or skill based?"

Kinaed states, "We've made sure the special characters like $n in @desc_cloak are working properly."

Kinaed claims to Rimilde, "I think it's a challenged dex or strength check against the opposing party."

Azarial says, "Same as door guarding and shouldering past."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Rimilde nods.

Kinaed claims, "Just uses the same code there, but makes flee look for guarding."

Kinaed says, "Okay, so I think that's everything in a scan that's really worth mentioning."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Thank you for the hard work."

Estone muses, "How does this new system compare to the old guard vs flee mechanic?"

Kinaed claims, "There wasn't one. Flee bypassed guard, which was the fix."

Kinaed states, "Now flee requires the player to 'shoulder past' using the same code as old checks to get past guard did."

Azarial states, "It merely swaps out the chance in flee with the guard check, instead of trying to merge them. it should be on pare for difficulty in escaping."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "Oh, yeah. Um, I put some hard to get things in the Order guildshop."

Goodryke ears perk up

Kinaed says, "These are things like wax balls and hemproot that are 'useful' against magic."

Ismael smiles.

Kinaed claims, "They are RARE, however, and are on the restock list based on the piety metric."

Ismael declaims, "More metric stuff! :)"

Goodryke muses to Kinaed, "So I should put priests to work?"

Kinaed nods at Goodryke.

Kinaed says to Goodryke, "Or use your city council support stuff to increase piety."

Goodryke says, "Yep, already plotting around that"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, so I guess that's it from htis side. Temi? Anything you'd like to tell us?"

Temi claims, "I have been out, but will be back tonight "

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "So that is about it"

Kinaed smiles.

Estone exclaims, "Wb ! :)"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "Can't wait."

Kinaed pontificates to Ismael, "You're up!"

Ismael states, "I have been working on metrics quite a bit and I have begun an indirect storytelling effort as you might've seen in the recent IC events post. Most of what you see in that post is in the game one way or the other (be it through real changes to rooms, moods or what ever). Stay tuned because the big monthly plot will happen very soon. :) I have also been trying to rush through requests (and building and recommends) as I had been slacking off in that regard at the start of the week and I am happy with how our requests board is beginning to look. I have also tried to make myself available for questions through the visnet and handling a bit of marketing on reddit. No assets update this week because plots have taken the majority of this week."

Kinaed nods at Ismael.

Ismael states, "The IC events post is 16."

Goodryke queries to Ismael, "So if piety were to hit all time low we could, for example, get a breach in the sky? Or not as dramatic?"

Azarial states, "I beileve you;d see heretical or smuty books"

Kinaed says to Goodryke, "I think it depends on how Ismael is feeling that month. :)"

Ismael laughs.

Goodryke trails off, "Well, I may have been playing the other inquisiton game too much... P"

Kinaed states to Goodryke, "Me too, oddly."

Kinaed claims to Ismael, "Thanks for the update and, of course, the work. :)"

Ismael smiles.

Kinaed queries, "That's all for Staff Updates. Now for Player Heartbeat - how has the game been in the past week?"

Goodryke shuffles out of the paperwork to emerge with more of his body than just the hand. "It was fun! Got to use the very special room for the first time"

Kinaed asks, "We have a lot of special rooms. Which is the very special one?"

Kinaed headscratches.

Kinaed has transferred Ariadne. [OOC]

Ismael gives Ariadne some coins.

Goodryke says to Kinaed, "Torture room ;)"

Diana is idle.

Kinaed says to Goodryke, "Oh, fun."

Eirian chuckles.

Kinaed has transferred Vicannia. [OOC]

Ismael grins.

Ismael gives Vicannia some coins.

Ariadne deposits silver into her account.

Ariadne claims to Ismael, "Thank you."

Barcus says, "A bit slow. :("

Kinaed states, "Okay, well I did want to mention that there's been some concern about the pbase being low in terms of numbers. We've had a number of people out because it's a busy time of year (conferences, moving house, midterms, etc)"

Kinaed states, "And I hear there were three massive DDOS attacks on US providers last night also."

Estone claims, "Couldn't get my redditing in:("

Kinaed says, "But! I also heard a couple of rumors that I'd like to clear up."

Kinaed comforts Estone.

Azarial says, "They were hitting the dns providers for maximum effect."

Goodryke says, "Today was dead all day indeed, numbers wise"

Azarial states, "Switching to opendns helped ne connect"

Kinaed has transferred Volpe. [OOC]

Goodryke claims to Azarial, "Google dns survived"

Ismael gives Volpe some coins.

Azarial claims, "Cool"

Kinaed claims, "One is that when Vaxin died, staff approved for him to play his own brother. I don't know anything about that. I've dropped Vaxin's player a note to ask about that since we have a policy against playing your own brother, but without details - you know how rumors can be."

Azarial claims, "Or playing your own children."

Kinaed says, "So, for the record on this rumor - if you've heard that, it is not true. That said, I need more information before I'd become concerned."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "Or any family member, or anyone who has any interest in your prior RP, related or not."

Kinaed says, "Dead is dead."

Goodryke says, "Like Zed"

Ismael laughs.

Ismael states, "Zed's dead."

Azarial claims, "When you die, you need to leave those rp threads dead, and start someone new--not retread the same concept with a new name."

Ismael nods in agreement.

Kinaed claims, "It's come to my attention that some people have been saying there's no RP to be had, and it may be affecting our pbase size because people are afraid to go out due to mage attacks and are all hiding in out-of-the-way places like their phomes, which is reducing the amount of RP available to everyone."

Kinaed asks, "Can I fact check that we all feel this is happening?"

Goodryke claims, "It sure affected my public RP"

Goodryke says, "Which is now really per tell/messenger basis"

Kinaed nods at Goodryke.

Kinaed claims, "So here's one person who is experiencing it directly - thank you for being willing to say so."

Kinaed muses, "What can we do about it?"

Eirian states, "I've been busy writing descriptions for my phome in preparation for a housewarming party there, but I'd still meet in public locations for RP."

Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Estone claims, "Specifically the styles of mage attack, Kin. Ubiquitous invisible man threat is fun, but also does keep people away from public spaces."

Vicannia catches up on current topics "I can't say that is what is happening to me... but I'm also not around that much. Though I'd like to remind people that mages can't just kill willy-nilly, they have to go through cnotes and likely make sure to clarify that you are the actual target..."

Goodryke says to Kinaed, "Well, the problem is that even in public places, like town hall, tavern, in middle of the day if you get attacked, no one will help you"

Goodryke says, "There is no npc guards to save you etc"

Bertrand says, "I wander out into public when I can but during the day I am a lot more busy so I wait for tells or messengers typically. "

Kyra claims, "Not my case, since my character is looking for trouble rather than avoiding it."

Estone nods with Goodryke. Enough 'I got effed up in the bank' when there weren't combat types out to come help.

Rimilde queries, "I'm in an unique position where I generally have a long list of things to get too, but maybe a way to encourage people to RP in public or with whereRP on, is to give rewards for active public RP? or something?"

Ismael queries, "We already have a RPXP bonus for that, yes?"

Rimilde claims, "Or if the attacks are an issue, that some how all those mobs wandering about because of city metrics could some how respond? No idea if that would work, but tossing out ideas."

Goodryke states to Rimilde, "Not sure that this compensates for breaking character. Once you get almost turned into a roast pig before you can blink, it kinda puts a PC in self preservation mode"

Goodryke claims, "Especially if that pc knows first hand that he is not safe in those public places"

Kinaed nods at Estone.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I'm trying to digest all of the tells."

Diana is no longer idle.

Diana has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "We actually bounced a PK very recently because someone wasn't familiar enough with their target to PK them."

Kinaed says, "Please remember that you're fairly safe from a willy nilly PK if the person doesn't know you and has no substantial RP with you."

Bertrand trails off, "If I may be bold enough to toss out an observation..."

Vicannia nods to Kinaed "Exactly... though maybe it's not being pked that is really keeping people from wandering out, but the effects of any injury?"

Bertrand claims, "I think we are on a pendulum swing with mages. A year ago we were fairly ambivilant about them. They existed but everyone who could wield a butter knife ran in after one. Now they are back to being scary once more. It is about finding the thematic balance. We -should- be terrified of them, but we can't let it affect our RP."

Kinaed says to Vicannia, "Yeah, that's concerned me a bit. We've had a staff meeting about wound times. We recently installed some caps on damage to limbs, but we don't think it gets to the heart of the matter because it won't stop people being laid up for a lot of time."

Estone nos with Bertrand.

Azarial says, "Some issues with wound timers were resolved, which should have helped."

Kinaed has transferred Taunya. [OOC]

Ismael gives Taunya some coins.

Rimilde trails off, "Yeah, some of the injuries are pretty harsh. My PC has decent constitution and some take 12 RL days to heal, and some people are hesitate to emerge with wounds because of the disadvantage..."

Kinaed says, "Another tell to share, anonymous: The quality of play with a good chunk of players in out and about RP has felt like folks sort of 'phoning it in' to get their XP, set alongside what feels like a chunk of players who've been around who, when speaking honestly, don't play in a manner that is enjoyable to RP with."

Volpe says, "Being wounded kinda sucks."

Rimilde claims, "However the type of injury WOULD take a long time to recover from."

Goodryke claims, "Well, making it very problematic for them to attack in public, obviously guarded places, would be a help in the balance imo"

Azarial claims, "Note that once treated, there is no beenfit to lurking in the hospital."

Kinaed nods at Goodryke.

Kinaed wonders, "What kind of measures can we take there?"

Rimilde says, "I think attacks are great, but I think there needs to be ways to ward it off, or at least they should build a story... but that is up to the player to do."

Vicannia nods to Kinaed "And with such low numbers of knights, any time a knight is injured and out of combat for an extended time, there goes practically your entire guild.. Also to similar to what Bertrand said, this is what mages were like when I first joined the game almost 4 years ago... a force to be feard. I know I may be the minority here, but I'm glad we've had this shift."

Ismael states, "I'm hoping plots can help liven things up. :("

Ariadne says, "Enjoyable is subjective."

Kinaed queries, "Wait, Vicannia, are you saying you're enjoying the game MORE now with the recent mage attacks?"

Barcus says, "I'm happy with how much we fear mages but I think the pace of the attacks is too quick and gives little time to digest & RP normally."

Goodryke states to Vicannia, "I actually like the general theme of them being able to attack and spread direct fear, but I think it's just a bit too easy for them atm. Especially given just 2 knight players alive"

Volpe claims, "The lack of RP did make me wonder if the game was going through some sort of down time, though. I spent maybe an entire day in the Queen's Inn and tavern waiting for someone to show up, and no one did. It does make you sort of just huff and give up."

Kinaed claims, "I'd note that there were no shifts in terms of magic code that precipitated this, just the influx of new players exploring things."

Vicannia trails off, "I've always wanted mages to be what they were in what I call the golden age of TI. TI is nothing like what it was when I first joined... I have no issues with mages being feared, being able to kill... there was a time when mages were killing normal players and each other almost every month"

Kinaed nods at Volpe.

Diana states, "Yeah, I've gone through an entire day with out any rp period."

Kinaed states, "Please remember it is okay to ask people for RP both on OOC and in tells."

Estone states, "I -do- like the theme feeling like it's a part of things to think about. ATM it does feel like the 'scary mage' part just has more weight on its side of the scale than the recourse does. That being scary knights who'll chop you in two if you get too ballsy."

Kinaed claims, "Please don't just wait around in a room, flag to people that you want RP, particularly when the pbase is low."

Barcus nods at Estone.

Kinaed nods at Estone.

Goodryke claims, "If you see me online, you can tell/messenger me for scenes"

Volpe exclaims, "But everyone's so inaccessible! D:"

Goodryke trails off, "Just... not in the open flashing "kill here""

Diana claims, "Well I just like many of you have already said, it's lacking balance right now. Not enough knights, too much power mage doing whatever they want, and run wild. But then everyone's already said that."

Volpe says, "Half the time it's either people who are nobles and are busy doing noble stuff, or guildleaders busy doing guild stuff."

Kinaed claims, "Well, at the beginning of this chat, some people missed a few changes to help with that - guard now impacts fleeing, and the Order has a few nice items in their guildshop that restock when piety is high to assist in the battle."

Goodryke declares to Volpe, "Not that busy! drop me a tell any time :)"

Volpe claims, "Public RP is super scarce."

Estone says, "When people are around on OOC can be used to catch people's attention too :)"

Eirian says, "I feel like we have been spending a lot of time every week on conjecture about this exact topic, when it's not really clear why the pbase is low, and we can't really speak for all the people who show up."

Vicannia to be fair, mages hage it alot harder now to actually kill people than they did in the past, when you had spells that could do fairly good chunks of damage, such as Empyre clap? Is that what it was called?

Eirian says, "Don't* show up."

Azarial claims, "Or the vortex"

Eirian states, "Which may have nothing to do with mages."

Estone says, "Oh man vortex."

Kinaed claims to Eirian, "I think it just has something to do with the time of year too. Midterms, business conferences, people moving house."

Barcus states, "I do try to be accessible where possible... I'm sorry if this week I have perhaps not been as much! Been a bit busy."

Eirian states, "And we've only got 20 minutes to go."

Kinaed states to Eirian, "It is all happening here."

Barcus declaims, "My topic has been touched so delete my topic from the list!"

Kinaed nods at Vicannia.

Kinaed states to Barcus, "Okay. THanks for letting me know."

Rimilde states, "Mine has not but is short (I think as it's just a friendly reminder)"

Temi exclaims, "Okay, I am being relegated to airplane mode. see you all later!"

Volpe pontificates, "See ya!"

Temi waves.

Goodryke waves to Temi

Temi has left the game.

Bertrand says, "For the record, if I am on, and you need RP, feel free to send me a tell or messenger. He is the party people person after all."

Barcus says, "I think we could all try to be a bit more practive and try to show up on where? I understand some people might be afraid, but if we don't do this we just won't get RP which is the reason to be of the game. It's easy to just handle RP with your circle, but I make my vow to try to run RP in public."

Kinaed states, "Another tell with permission: I've honestly not really seen attacks as constant. Perhaps I'm missing something, but again, my skittishness lies in the ooc info issues. I've seen it happen very close to me, and so for a new concept, I feel like I have to change every aspect of how I play, from my emote style to how I communicate oocly lest people realize it's me and try using that."

Barcus claims, "I know some people -have- been trying and I will also join that team this week."

Kinaed says, "That implies to me that someone feels OOCly persecuted. :("

Kinaed claims, "And also that there's low trust in the pbase for people not to use OOC info to cheat on one another."

Estone nods with Barcus.

Barcus pontificates, "IMHO it's a matter of proactivity. We've had combat changes and mages seem to have not made any attacks in a few weeks. We just need to get the ball rolling, guys!"

Kinaed says, "We discussed last week about people using and abusing the who list. In part, we reacted by making the wholist alphabetical."

Goodryke states to Barcus, "It may be related to no one being in public :P"

"Also in regards to having where on and being accesible, don't hesitate to try new things, where your character may not ussually wander. I was sitting in the Vavardi bathhouse for like 2 hours, hoping someone may wander in for a scene different than your normal tavern rp... Try new things." Vicannia smirks [Vicannia]

Azarial states, "That is on par with flickerlogging. if you;re not out there, other people won;t see you out there adn join you."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Barcus claims, "Exactly-- I think we just need to go public. I will do that this week myself."

Kinaed muses, "Has anyone noticed the wholist is alphabetical now? Has that helped?"

Barcus says, "I think it has."

Azarial says, "Some days I watch ten people flickerlog looking for someone. if they stayed logged in, they would be far more likely to find someone."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Diana states, "It's easier to find people I'm looking for yes."

Taunya questions, "Speaking of which, has 'who ooc' been alphabetized, or does it still match up with your name in normal who?"

Vicannia queries, "What is flickerloging?"

Azarial states, "Login, who, quit"

Diana says, "Where someone flickers. Where they come on for two seconds, and logs off."

Vicannia nods

Goodryke trails off, "I mostly do login, receive, read mail, quid..."

Kinaed claims, "I'll ask Az to alphabetize it on OOC name."

Azarial claims to Taunya, "Good point"

Vicannia blinks "I had no idea who ooc was a thing..."

Goodryke wonders, "On kinda related subject, what powers staff here has, in terms of snooping and all that?"

Goodryke declares, "Just a question, not an accusation!"

Azarial says, "Little to none."

Kinaed says to Vicannia, "Flickerlogging happens when the pbase is really low. People log in, see if they feel like they're being 'part of something', or if a specific person is around, and if not, quit. Hurts the game because we need a certain mass to get people to log in, so it's sort of a chicken and the egg kind of issue."

Azarial claims, "Snoop is obvious, and mostly only used in bug hunting."

Volpe claims, "Staff are just figureheads. We run the game. Muwahahha."

Diana says, "Yeah, I was curious too. Not for any other reson, beyond just being curious."

Ismael claims, "I would also like to encourage people to recommend a bit more! I think it's nice when your RP gets recognized, and we haven't had many recommends recently."

Volpe claims, "Too few scenes."

Goodryke states to Ismael, "We can't recommend staffers"

Azarial states, "I can see names on channels for bug purposes, otherwise even the mage channel is covered up"

Rimilde pontificates, "You can recommend staffers!"

Volpe queries, "We can?"

Goodryke claims to Azarial, "Awesome"

Vicannia trails off, "Also recommend list is a great pick me up when you might otherwise be feeling down about your rp..."

Rimilde says, "I have and they were approved."

Eirian says, "Yep."

Volpe claims, "Holy cow."

Ismael declaims, "I was talking about players, but you can! :P"

Eirian muses to Bertrand, "Are you going to say a few words about the event happening tonight? I'm looking forward to it. (It's still on, right?)"

Rimilde claims, "Yeah, recommend is really nice, sometimes when someone is sorta mean, I read it to feel better:)"

Azarial says, "The classic ROM wizinvis and incognito are long gone as well."

Kinaed says, "Oh, another anonymous request - the brotherhood needs members."

Kinaed claims, "Please consider making a thief character or applying for one."

Goodryke queries to Kinaed, "Was there a thief grand inquisitor before?"

Rimilde claims, "A lot of guilds need members, and it's a great way to get RP (plug)"

Bertrand says to Eirian, "Should be still on. I got all dressed up and wrote a speech and everything."

Azarial says, "Tells are not logged, rp is not logged, etc. which is why if something goes weird or screwy, report it. we won;t see it otehrwse"

Kinaed questions to Goodryke, "May I snoop you for a moment?"

Azarial claims, "That includes creepers"

Goodryke states to Kinaed, "Go ahead :)"

Kinaed has begun to snoop on you.

Kinaed stops snooping you.

Ariadne says, "How are people likely to get recommends if they're not willing to stir up trouble? It doesn't always fit a concept."

Goodryke says, "Ah, so it's not hidden"

Kinaed states to Goodryke, "No, not at all. We do not spy on players on TI."

Goodryke declares to Kinaed, "Aces!"

Vicannia trails off, "Brotherhood has been low for the longest time, and I don't know if the "Seeking" process is the same as the last time I played a thief, but if it is, that may play a large part in why there aren't many... "

Diana claims, "Oh I didn't know you can recommend staff. okay so I'm just curious and you don't have to tell me this. But I'm just totally curious. My friend and I were having a debate on this. I claimed, that staff can't just randomly spy on people's role play, that when they do, it's like noticeable. They claimed, that's not the case. Which is true? And yes, you can tell me to bugger off with this question, I'm just curious."

Barcus questions to Ariadne, "What do you mean?"

Azarial says, "The closest might be the ghost action for story tellers, but theya re still visible."

Goodryke states to Diana, "It gives very clear echo when they start/stop as I just saw"

Kinaed claims, "This is why we're often behind the times in terms of what's going on in the IC realm. If players don't tell us, for example, that someone has broken a policy - you cannot assume we'll just figure it out or that someone else has already told us. We just won't know."

Estone declares, "Staff are always visible!"

Ismael claims, "We don't spy nor do we have the means to spy on roleplay."

Kinaed says to Diana, "Staff do not watch people's RP at all."

Azarial claims, "That is not the case. snopp is obvious, and we;d have to stand in the room to do it--and we;d be visible. invisbility would act like the spell, and be noticable."

Kinaed says to Diana, "The only access we have is if you actually RP with one of our alts."

Ismael claims, "The closest we have is a crimelab list which shows crimes like 'Ismael bashed the door at X.' And if we are checking that for the lulz, the IMP gets who's checking it."

Kinaed says, "Staff on TI cannot go invis, which is why if you see a staff member online, we're there."

Kinaed says, "Though we may be AFK."

Azarial claims, "Which is there so that rpa to find out who did it can figure out who did it."

Goodryke claims, "Loving it, especially as I come from staff-abusive mud"

Diana claims, "Huh okay so that's what I thought. coolness. You're the first mud who genuinely does it like that. Everywhere else, staff snoops on rp constantly, and we never know."

Ariadne says, "TI staff are unique in millions of ways, all good."

Azarial claims, "There is also a list of rules for staff to follow or get the boot."

Kinaed claims, "Well, aww shucks. I'm glad you like our style."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Ismael smiles.

Estone loves on TI staffers.

Goodryke exclaims to Ariadne, "Not Ismael, he is evil!"

Eirian claims, "The fact that staff don't meddle is one of my favorite aspects of this game. ^_^"

Kinaed states, "Help staff standards."

Azarial states, "And yes, we hvae booted staff over said list of standards"

Rimilde nods, "Agreed."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "And sometimes it has been painful to do so."

Ismael claims, "HELP STAFF STANDARDS if you guys are curious."

Kinaed states, "Okay, um - anyone mind if we go over today? We've got a list of topics we haven't gotten to."

Eirian pokes Bertrand.

Diana states, "Yeah go ahead, I'm not doing anything"

Rimilde claims, "There is an IC Event after this meeting."

Ariadne states, "Don't mind at all."

Kinaed nods at Rimilde.

Vicannia trails off, "But the fact you've booted staff over the standards shows that you are strict about them, even if they are a friend or whatnot... shows integrity"

Kinaed says to Rimilde, "Okay, let's make it quick then so I don't impact that event too much. Thank you for the reminder."

Kinaed wonders, "Barcus already raised his topic. Rimilde, you were next on the list. Would you care to introduce us?"

Kinaed nods at Vicannia.

Rimilde states, "Just a friendly reminder to please set moods when you commit a crime, it's policy, but it also really forwards RP for everyone. You can very easily take steps IC to make it virtually impossible to get caught but part of a crime is the that potential, which creates interesting stories for all involved. Sometimes moods can get wiped for a lot of reasons, but we've had a couple situations recently where moods should have been there and were not. Moods are also a great thing to further RP and do not need to involve crime, but curious things that have happened somewhere."

Kinaed states to Vicannia, "Thank you."

Kinaed nods at Rimilde.

Kinaed states, "I think that calls out a point I really want to remind people about - TI is a Roleplay game."

Goodryke wonders to Rimilde, "Does the same apply to magic?"

Goodryke claims, "We had some casting about, but I never saw ny moods"

Rimilde claims, "I would think so? I don't know."

Kinaed states, "Please don't do OOC stuff to "win" - remember you're telling a story. We are NOT a Hack and Slash game. If you're making decisions on that basis, you're shortchanging the game, other players, and ultimately yourself (believe it or not)."

Estone pontificates, "Following onto that: It is terribly OOCly disheartening/frustrating when people commit crimes and don't mood!"

Estone says, "So, <3 on them moods. ;)"

Kinaed states, "Not that I know anyone here who is not doing that. It's more of a public service announcement."

Eirian starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Vicannia trails off, "Most magic that effects a location lingers for a time, then dissappears..."

Rimilde claims, "Same goes for lawful types. If you are searching a house YOU need to mood."

Kinaed nods at Rimilde.

Kinaed states, "My view on mooding is that you should do it any time it'd be reasonable that evidence is left behind."

Estone wonders to Kinaed, "What is the policy regarding crimes that involve going through rooms with a guard/in a room with a guard?"

Rimilde says, "Heck if I show up to a place I have a key and spend some time and it's not my house, I mood, cause again, it sets a stage."

Eirian finishes his note.

Goodryke asks of Rimilde, "I like you, roll a mage? :P"

Kinaed finishes abruptly to Estone, "Help VNPC - but you should mood"

Rimilde states, "I've had a lot of RP stem from one single mood. It's a great way to get a story going:)"

Kinaed queries, "Okay, Rimilde, I think your topic is covered- Vicannia, care to introduce us to yours?"

Vicannia clears throat "What I wanted to bring up was regarding the auction house. It hasn't been updated in a long time, and some of the items in there are starting items, like 2 daggers for example. To my memory it's a staff run thing so mainly wanted to ask if it's still being taken care of by a staff member?"

Kinaed asks of Vicannia, "I think not, but thanks for reminding us. Please typo it whenever you notice it needs an update in general?"

Eirian says, "When was the last time you checked it? I think Xinoe recently posted about getting around to old real estate."

Vicannia says, "I checked it earlier this week, like tuesday... hasn't changed stock in over 3 months I'd say.""

Eirian states, "General board, post 16."

Eirian states, "She posted that note on Thursday."

Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Eirian states, "Might be some new things there already."

Vicannia trails off, "And will do Kinaed... And I'll check it after the meeting"

Kinaed says, "It was more in reference to staff cleaning out houses that hit the 'reposess' timeline after taxes weren't paid for an extended period."

Kinaed nods at Vicannia.

Kinaed queries, "Any other topics of interest?"

Vicannia claims, "Which those repossed houses are where alot of the auction house items come from"

Kinaed nods at Vicannia.

Rimilde claims, "There is a city council meeting monday and it's open to the public. Just a plug. Great way for people to find out what's going on with guilds, city metrics, etc."

Goodryke exclaims, "Just a reminder on behalf of gothan - apply for knights! Join for the glory, stay for the grunt work!"

Rimilde says, "Thanks to Hunapo for organizing this."

Kinaed says, "I have a final comment regarding issues and rumors - as we mentioned, staff don't watch RP. We often aren't a part of people's social circles OOCly, etc. We don't often know if something is going wrong until after the fact or unless people tell us. When people complain about problems amongst themselves, it can create cycle of low morale and drive people off the game. Please bring problems to staff, or the OOC Chat. This is where we can work together to address them and actually get needed changes in, or at least discussed."

• Information