Log of OOC Meeting for 10/15/16

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Gooseberry

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Ailu nods.

Barcus pontificates, "I have a couple of topics!"

Kinaed states to Barcus, "Okay, jotting you down."

Ismael gives a fair-skinned Reeve doll, holding a flail in a heroic pose to Romeo.

Romeo pontificates, "Yay!"

Kinaed states to Barcus, "Please pre-write them so you are ready to introduce them when called upon."

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else have any topics?"
Silrie puts the following into a white, wool tassled and elaborately-embroidered aumoniere:
( 5)a small crock of honey

Romeo hugs doll.

Silrie shakes head.

Kinaed says, "Okay, if anyone thinks of anything, it's perfectly fine to send me a tell throughout to get added to the list."

[Action: Silrie lounges on the floor pillow with a Malibu and coke, listening raptly. ]

Kinaed claims, "Now to kick off Staff Updates - starting with myself, I fielded a few requests on the Request Board and facilitated some bug fixes. Not a whole heck of a lot. On my plate - jail improvements."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "You're up. :)"

Azarial states, "Mostly working on the bug list. nothing too big; a lot fo work and not many notes"

A large, black cat demon with bat-like wings stalks out of the darkness, turning once before it sits, tail wrapped neatly about its feet. [OOC]

Barcus screams!

Temi says, "Oh, right."

Temi undemons.

Silrie hides behind Barcus.

Barcus trembles and shivers.

Silrie trails off to Temi, "Gooood kittyyyy..."

Goodryke prepares his tools

Barcus exclaims to Goodryke, "Goodryke The Witch Hunter!"

Gothan bares his sword.

Kinaed has transferred Leofrick. [OOC]

Kinaed says, "Some big changes - the GL code ousting people for inactivity has been fixed. Apparently one of our recent changes removed that automation accidentally. AS you know, we've added @desc_cloak descs to cloaks, please Request Board us if you want us to add a desc to one of your cloaks, which we will do (only one) for free. The rest you can add by using the tool command."
Ismael gives a fair-skinned Reeve doll, holding a flail in a heroic pose to Leofrick.

Goodryke hides behind Kinaed

Action set to:
Ailu sits cross-legged on a pillow, hastily jotting down notes on a pad of paper

Leofrick pontificates to Ismael, "Thanks!"

Kinaed claims, "We've made it so that you don't get dirty in OOC rooms (all of you are probably happier next to your neighbor right now due to that, hehe), and I htink there's been a fix to the magecrafted cloak of invisibility so that it has a cooldown period, and can't be worn, quickly taken off to do something that'd break invis, then reworn."

Silrie says, "How come you put the cloak desc on cloaks? Was there a reason? I think it's really cool, but just curious."

Temi claims, "Please prepare to give a desc for that with it. It should be generic to the cloak, not character-specific, as well."

Silrie muses to Temi, "How so?"

Vicannia trails off, "It's gonna be awkward asking for custom cloak desc from tailors..."

Temi states to Silrie, "Don't describe their eyes and hair, describe how far the cloak falls, the style of hood, etc."

Kinaed states, "In general, we had a request that players be able to emote when putting cloaks on or off, so we had to rework cloaks anyway. The problem with cloaks is that as generic as they were (ie, you buy one from the House of Mirrors), your cloak desc is unique to you."

Kinaed states, "It also doesn't change when you wear different cloaks."

Leofrick holds a fair-skinned Reeve doll, holding a flail in a heroic pose in his hand.

Kinaed says, "It just seemed like the logical and correct place for cloak descs to be, like when it was first programmed, they should have been part of the cloak."

Silrie says to Temi, "Ooooh."

Leofrick stops using a fair-skinned Reeve doll, holding a flail in a heroic pose.

Kinaed says, "So given the required overhaul to allow people to emote when putting a cloak on or off, I decided to also correct that oversight."

Ismael starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Silrie asks, "Can we see an example?"

Vicannia muses, "Ok I have a serious question... You say be able t emote putting cloaks on and off... but as far as I'm aware, even the cloak command does not allow for emotes to be added, unless that is changing?"

Silrie flips a warm enveloping mantle of intricately-embroidered cambric back over her shoulder.

Kinaed states to Vicannia, "As I understand it, that's changed already, we just haven't depreciated the old swap stuff yet, and if you don't put anything, I -think- it defaults to the old text in case people are too lazy to emote."

Kinaed states, "The help file may need updating with the new syntax."

Ismael finishes his note.

Kinaed trails off, "Let's see if this works..."

Kinaed has created a cloth cloak!

Kinaed wears a cloth cloak about her body.

Kinaed /self tests cloaking..

Silrie shakes her head.

Kinaed states, "Didn't work? Good to know. I'll bug it."

Kinaed off.

Silrie close with a furious jerk..

Kinaed says, "Interesting."

Kinaed stops using a cloth cloak.

Silrie flips a warm enveloping mantle of intricately-embroidered cambric back over her shoulder.

Kinaed eats a cloth cloak.

Silrie pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

Temi says, "Probably awkward in OOC rooms and with staffers."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Silrie questions, "Do you actually eat that or is it just a junking output?"

Kinaed states, "Right."

Kinaed states to Silrie, "Both."

Silrie grins.

Temi states, "Staff have interesting appetitites."

Kinaed wonders, "Any other questions, or can we move on with regards to staff updates?"

Silrie grins at Temi.

Kinaed claims to Temi, "I think you're up. :)"

Vicannia shrugs "No other questions... just like many of changes lately I hope for the best, and I serious hope tailors don't up cloak prices just because they now have to add a cloak desc

Diana is idle.

Temi claims, "Umm, not a whole lot. Some requests and some demons and such."

A Comfortable Room
[Perfect]
A plethora of gaily coloured silk pillows with fringes and tassels
completely conceal the floor. A large pillow in the corner stands out, a
brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless. Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination. Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees.

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
Leofrick is here.[P]
Temi is here.
Romeo is here.
Vicannia is here.
Azarial is here.[P]
Kinaed is here.
Asala is here.[P]
Rimilde is here.
Silrie lounges on the floor pillow with a Malibu and coke, listening raptly.
Eirian is here.
Goodryke is here.
Ismael is here.
Sydney is here.
Barcus is here.
Taunya is here.
Gothan is here.
Evrald is here.

Temi claims, "If I did anything more than that, I forget."

Temi grins.

Temi questions, "So.. next?"

Kinaed says, "I have weeks like that. :)"

Kinaed claims to Ismael, "Your turn."

Silrie grins at Temi.

Diana is no longer idle.
Diana has returned from AFK.

Ismael states, "This week I have been trying to handle requests as much as I can and I have been preparing a plot we're going to have regarding city metrics in a week or so, as well as a few changes (and possibly an IC event or rumor) about metrics and such. As I'm going to be working closely with metrics (which might include adding little tweaks to rooms & whatnot) I am also working to add flavor items for foraging. My vision is that every room in a distant future will have at least one unique item to forage, which could be bought elsewhere and are not valuable, but will make the skill even more cool than it is right now."

Kinaed states to Silrie, "I'm content that Temi's done enough."

Kinaed nods at Ismael.

Ismael states, "Assets are steadily sailing forth and we're at Eastgale now before I put the next revision."

Silrie grins at Kinaed.

Kinaed hasn't actually looked at the assets spec recently, cough cough*

Kinaed says, "I need to do that."

Ismael claims, "I had cool input from staff and I am soon putting a new spec in your hands! I hope after that we can bring it to an OOC meeting."

Silrie queries, "That sounds awesome. I've wanted to see some more things in forage... do you ever think foraging items will be made terrain specific one day?"

Vicannia imagines foraging a busy tavern, finding silver... Few pockets might be lighter though

Ailu takes a sip of kukicha tea.
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "I think they are to a degree already."

Ismael claims to Silrie, "There is terrain specific forage right now, but I do want to add for example seeds or very flavor stuff to every room."

Temi claims, "Foraging items are terrain specific now, as their main differentiator."

Silrie bobs her head.

Ismael says, "So you might learn that one specific room gives this specific kind of seeds? Things like that."

Kinaed states, "I think that wraps up our Staff Updates. :)"

Silrie muses, "Can we be allowed to find eggs up trees? Nests anyone? XD"

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "I think that's exactly the sort of thing Ismael's going for."

Ismael grins.

Ismael states, "Yeah."

Silrie pontificates to Ismael, "Sounds aweomse! Can't wait to play with it and with assets!"

Kinaed queries, "Okay, enough about Staff - Player Heartbeat! How was the game last week, folks?"

Diana exclaims, "It was marvelous!!!"

Kinaed states to Diana, "Great to hear. :)"

Vicannia says, "What little I have been involved in has been good"

Silrie declaims, "Definitely interesting!"

Kinaed smiles.

Gothan claims, "Still stomping around as a Knight trying to lock up those dirty heretics and mages. "

Taunya says, "Pretty eventful, surprising twist too."

Kinaed questions, "Sounding good so far. Anything irritating rear its ugly head that staff should be aware of?"

Sydney states, "I don't RP. But my plans this weekend got canceled, so I might. If there's anything after the meeting, let me know. Thanks."

Evrald declares, "And i'm back from my shower!"

Evrald flops on Silrie.

Goodryke enjoyed roleplaying roast pig

Silrie bites Evrald.

Kinaed says to Evrald, "Alas, I can't see or smell the difference over here. :)"

Silrie giggles.

Leofrick exclaims to Goodryke, "Tubori style!"

Evrald fistshakes.

Gothan states, "Yeah, Goodryke had the standard order initation."

Kinaed claims to Sydney, "I'm not aware of any events on today, alas."

Silrie claims, "Next week."

Goodryke wonders to Leofrick, "Is that with or without apple?"

Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Eirian says, "I do have a story event waiting for approval. "

Azarial finishes her note.

Sydney states, "I don't mean planned events. I just mean stuff happening. Like how people used to throw stuff together, impromptu-like. But we'll see what happens."

Kinaed states to Eirian, "Sorry about that, it must have escaped my attention. I'll have a look right after this chat."

Leofrick says to Goodryke, "I am not answering that. Nope."

Goodryke grins

Kinaed nods at Sydney.

Eirian claims to Kinaed, "No worries. It's not urgent! But I do want folks to know there's something social in the works for the not-too-distant future."

Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Barcus declaims, "A bit burnt out at the start of the week but it picked up these last days!"

Romeo is idle.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, friends, I've got a few topics here, and I think we may find some of them take a bit of time, so let's move to Player Topics? First, up: Barcus. One topic at a time, please introduce us to the first of your two?"

Barcus wonders, "I would like to speak of support & subvert and how it affects non-GL players. I know GL players can get ousted but what are the effects of subverting a random player? I think supporting them adds IP, but what of subverting them?"

Barcus says, "I don't know what the benefits might be of having people supporting me when I'm not a GL either."

Kinaed claims to Barcus, "It prevents them from getting a lot of IP and affects people they support making them less desirable."

Kinaed claims, "The benefits of being supported when you're not a GL are that you get IP and are more attractive as a supporter for others as you'll provide even more IP."

Goodryke questions, "So it works like pyramide?"

Kinaed nods at Goodryke.

Barcus asks, "Could we perhaps add a way to check how positive or negative the support of someone is through a command?"

Barcus asks, "Just like GLs?"

Kinaed states, "It's limited to 3 layers deep though."

Evrald wonders, "Is there a way to 'know' how attractive someone is for being a supporter?"

Barcus nods at Evrald.

Temi says, "Can remove the IP from other supporters, for one. Mainly it's about IP though we've done support-contests before, like when people were going for ennoblement in a quest thing."

INFO: Merrek Blackmore has just created!

Kinaed wonders to Barcus, "You can do a support show to see your own support. Are you meaning more in terms of people seeing how much support someone else has in a generally obfuscated sense?"

Vicannia groans "God I remember that temi..."

Barcus says, "Yeah, I'm talking about seeing the support of others / showing your support to others."

(visnet) Staff Azarial: Welcome to the Inquisition, Merrek; if you have any questions please use the 'visnet' channel

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: Welcome to TI, Merrek! This is our player assistance channel if you need help with anything during character generation. To use it, type 'vis <message>'.

Kinaed states, "Lore leaders uses the city lore skill to tell you who the biggest movers and shakers."

Eirian trails off, "I didn't think the lore leaders command worked anymore..."

Sydney claims, "That command is disabled."

Barcus declares, "That doesn't seem to work!"

Eirian says, "What those guys just said."

Barcus claims, "I think it could be cool to be able to type 'support show Kinaed' and it shows if the player is hated or loved. It sounds realistic too, so that you can ask around and know this person is not very popular or very popular."

TI-FACT 41: You can add keywords to objects with the 'label' command. [See HELP LABEL]

Kinaed states, "Okay, yes, we can certainly consider it."

Kinaed muses, "Next topic?"

Kinaed claims, "Sorry, something is going on elsewhere in the game, folks."

Temi says, "I think lore leaders was closed down for fixing up, not intended to be permanently removed, so probably time to look at it again."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "And I'm also not against people with city lore skill having the general ability to get a sense for where people sit on the totem pole."

Barcus claims, "My next topic is very related; I would like to discuss if we could implement more ways to use IP on your week-to-week basis rather than very long terms goals. I know you can use it for rumors but I would love if I could use it for other things, perhaps."

Kinaed claims, "We'd love to, but we need ideas. Please submit some on the forums"

Barcus muses, "Maybe you can use IP to fuel your haggling, for example? I think there's a way to jump into metric votes when you're not part of the city council?"

Barcus nods at Kinaed.

Taunya states to Barcus, "Have any ideas? I'm not too fond of the rumor and IP systems myself, but I don't really have any suggestions for it."

Kinaed states, "We agree that the use of IP is rather limited at the moment, which is sad, but we also need uses of IP to be reasonable for what it represents."

Barcus states, "I think IP shouldn't necessarily be linked to rumors or bounties and as a noble I don't have many things to do with my IP. I could share it with someone else but they wouldn't have things to use it for."

Barcus declares, "I'll give it a lot of thought!"

Kinaed says, "Yes, it is already implemented that a player can use IP to influence city metrics."

Barcus nods at Kinaed.

Eirian says, "I think IP would be more useful if it carried over across a month (or even two weeks), rather than a single week. Right now, I'm lucky if I can achieve anything ICly in a single week, given my schedule."

Kinaed claims, "Also, I would like to get a list of IP uses into the help file so people can see how useful (or not) IP are."

Barcus states, "What Eirian said is very true too."

Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Barcus states, "It feels -too- quick."

Temi nods.

Kinaed claims, "We can look at extending that time to a monthly renewal."

Barcus nods.

Taunya says, "That would help."

Eirian states, "Way too quick, for planning anything meaningful, especially things that involve multiple parties."

Barcus nods.

Eirian says, "For the same reasons that were given for the city council stuff."

Temi nods.

Barcus declares, "I'll try to post ideas on the forums!"

Vicannia falls to the floor in mock desperation "oh no, what would i ever do without that silver that gets converted from ip on weekly basis if it changed to a month."

Kinaed states, "Okay, anything else before we move on to our next player? I have three more Player Topics in the queue at the moment. :)"

Kinaed nods at Barcus.

Silrie giggles at Vicannia.

Silrie says to Vicannia, "The whole 5 silver."

Barcus shakes his head.

Goodryke queries to Vicannia, "Get a job? :P"

Vicannia trails off, "The difference between life and death..."

Silrie giggles.

Kinaed muses to Gothan, "You're up. Please introduce us to your topic? :)"

Evrald states, "I don't know if the City council will have an effect on that since if someone can gather more IP they'll have a vote. As it is you have to be very active in rumors and/or purchase IP in a weeks time to be able to influence it as a non-council member."

Gothan claims, "Hello! So, the Order has become a very ineffectual guild from my point of view, as our very low numbers are hampering our efforts quite a lot, and we're finding it hard to put forth any sort of legitmate defense against these recent Mages because of it - so they're free to just run around attacking people in the open with little consequense. At the moment there are only two active Knights, myself and Laxus, our timezones don't sync up very well so there is usualy only one Knight around at any one time. There doesn't really seem to be a big interest in the playerbase to make Order characters either Knight, Clergy or Inquisition and I just want to know why that is, so if its something we can change or improve upon to make it more appealing for people to spin up new characters to join then I would like to know. If anyone has any suggestions on what we can start doing, what sort of events or storylines we can hold to try and entice new people to join then I would very much like to hear any suggestions."

Vicannia trails off, "You know, this actually is exactly the same as what my topic was gonna be, though mine included a somewhat of a suggestional fix... "

Kinaed has transferred Cadence. [OOC]

Gothan says, "Oh! Do tell."

Evrald claims, "Truthfully, if I could justify it with Evrald, I'd probably have had him join the Order and try to be a Knight but he's a savage so it's less than desirable I believe."

Barcus says, "From my experience as Benicio, I think the Inquisitors need better tools to handle investigations and be more useful. As I saw it, a Knight could easily do exactly the same an Inquisitor could only that I was much more vulnerable to get killed. Revisions are cool, but Inquisitors are supposed to be very good at finding out stuff."

Ismael gives a fair-skinned Reeve doll, holding a flail in a heroic pose to Cadence.

Gothan claims, "There isn't anything law wise to stop a savage from joining, if I'm correct."

Asala claims, "I think there was a Hillman knight."

Cadence exclaims, "Sorry Gothan... Ellette will returb at some point I swear!"

Taunya claims to Evrald, "Taunya's been offered induction into the Knights several times. there have been savage knights previously as well."

Vicannia states, "Charali I believe"
Ailu is now idling.

A Comfortable Room
[Perfect]
A plethora of gaily coloured silk pillows with fringes and tassels
completely conceal the floor. A large pillow in the corner stands out, a
brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless. Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination. Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees.

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
Cadence is here.
Diana is here.
Leofrick is here.[P]
Temi is here.
Vicannia is here.
Azarial is here.[P]
Kinaed is here.
Asala is here.[P]
Rimilde is here.
Silrie lounges on the floor pillow with a Malibu and coke, listening raptly.
Eirian is here.
Goodryke is here.
Ismael is here.
Sydney is here.
Barcus is here.
Taunya is here.
Gothan is here.
Evrald is here.

Kinaed has transferred Margaux. [OOC]

Ismael gives a fair-skinned Reeve doll, holding a flail in a heroic pose to Margaux.

Diana is idle.

Diana is no longer idle.
Diana has returned from AFK.

Cadence says, "If we end up needing inquisitors as well I can try and bring back my priest. But problem is that 1) a knight and an inquis at so few numbers will nean only one can work certain cases. 2) I'm not sure how well I can commit to the characters at the moment due to alts and ooc stuff."

Kinaed wonders to Sydney, "What kind of OOC flak did you take?"

Barcus states, "I don't know why people aren't going for Knights."

Goodryke states, "The bigges tproblem I have, personally is that since the old GI poofed, so did all his letters/notes. At least the curretn ones"

Goodryke claims, "So I am starting from scratch"

Gothan says, "I think it was easier for me to transition into the GL role because I'd been a Page, Squire and then Knight for a while so I got pretty used to the whole jazz - but for someone just apping in, it can be quite intimidating."

Kinaed nods at Goodryke.

Goodryke jams into his head and extracts his cnotes

Sydney says, "I mean, to be perfectly apropos, being an Orderite is like being a Trump supporter dropped into San Francisco. Unless people take religion seriously (and many don't), no one's going to listen. Chicken and egg problem. There's really no solution other than ensuring that whoever's in your guild is having fun, and that's on the GL and the members. But you can't reach critical mass with like, 2 people."

Silrie states, "When I was a knight, when I apped in anyway, it was hard since I was a knight with only profiscient combat. Might be easier to climb the ladder and grow your combat skills that way."

Ailu claims, "I'm not attracted to those roles because I don't know what exactly they entail"

Silrie claims, "Kind of just faded, the interest, since I wasn't much of a threat to anything."

Vicannia says, "And as for my recommended fix, basically staff need to incentivize the filling of those applications, If people are not showing interest for a role that is needed, due to the order's importance in Theme. aka The game could exist without reeves, court, physicians etc, but it could not exist from a theme standpoint The Order/Knights are mandatory. "

Kinaed states, "Just some things that have been raised with me, btw, that I'm not sure if they have merit or not (so apologies if this upsets anyone), but there's a fear or concern amongst certain groups that people who are doing magic or whatnot may be able to use the who list to decide if they want to act or not."

Cadence states, "I found in my time as EM we never seemed to receive new seekers. So this number problems veen going on a while but no due to many dying/leavif its really hittong hard."

Taunya claims, "Any plans for closing mages at creation by the way? I think the current ratio's kind of ridiculous."

Taunya claims, "Especially with the lack of orderites"

Goodryke claims to Taunya, "Makes my job easier, flip a coin, heads you are mage"

Vicannia says, "Exactly silrie, apping in a role is ridiculous, unless you are one of the people who have a stockpile of xp, and qp to raise skills higher than 36"

Kinaed claims, "In terms of a good GI, I think we've got a decent Order GL in for the moment, provided Goodryke doesn't get scared off by how hard it is with a small guild and the general setup now."

Kinaed nods at Sydney.

Temi claims, "It automatically closes based on numbers. Well, to latent."

Kinaed claims, "I think it needs to be linked to Order numbers though, instead of overall population."

Silrie says to Taunya, "Yeah, but only one mage is causing hell"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Temi states, "That could be interesting."

Silrie states to Taunya, "So I don't really think the numbers are the issue."

Goodryke claims, "Active order I would add"

Gothan trails off, "Yeah Goodryke is doing very well for being new to TI, and heading up one of the hardest roles to do..."

Kinaed says, "I'm just not sure if that's something that sounds good as opposed to actually being good."

Diana says, "No, I'm in agreement, it needs to be linked to order numbers, rather than the populations. That's why order is struggling so hard."

Kinaed nods at Gothan.

Sydney wonders to Kinaed, "Yeah, but this game never has more than a couple active Orderites. What would your ratio be?"
Kinaed nods at Diana.

Goodryke states to Sydney, "You can still latent in, just no fireballs out of chargen"

Romeo is no longer idle.
Romeo has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states to Sydney, "I have no idea. Whatever we implement wuldn't kick in for awhile anyway."

Barcus says, "I think we need to figure out why Orderites are -not- being fun to play."

Diana claims, "It's due to the stereotype surrounding it."

Kinaed states, "Well, I agree with Sydney."

Eirian questions, "Might see more interest in Order if we had more cross-guild positions? I mean, there's kind of a requirement right now that you're either a priest, knight, or an inquisitor. Maybe if there were more options within that broader scheme...?"

Silrie wonders, "I'm lost. What needs to be linked?"

Diana claims, "If i can just chime in, I think that's the reason anyways."

Silrie claims, "Scrolling too fast"

Barcus wonders, "What stereotype?"

Sydney claims, "Because you're the fun police or an asshole who burns people, and you generally either don't like killing people or you like it WAY too much."

Gothan queries, "What would you suggestion Eirian?"

Gothan says, "*suggest"

Kinaed claims, "When I was the GI, the first mage I burned, I got tells from the player's friends literally calling me evil. Once, a staff member told me I was evil and only enjoyed the role because I could hurt people."

Sydney nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Gothan states, "O_o"

Silrie trails off, "Huh..."

Barcus says, "That is not okay."

Rimilde blinks.

Kinaed claims, "Ironically, the only reason I ever even TRIED Order RP was because I'd made a random Order char to play with a friend, and the Order died out and I as the only one left, so got bumped up"

Margaux claims, "I had similiar experiences, but that was, granted, many many years ago- several iterations of TI back."

Goodryke states, "Well, there goes my first burn anxiety"

Eirian claims, "Liaisons between the Order and other guilds, for one thing. Roles that serve the public or charity without necessarily requiring things like "you must give mass." Which is what turned me away, personally."

Barcus claims, "We have a Chaplain app sitting there I think."

Sydney says, "There's also the fact that everyone idles out in mass. I know I do it. Hell, I think I did it at one point when I was GIVING mass."

Temi nods at Barcus.

Barcus states, "Court Chaplain."

Kinaed wonders, "We have an open app for an Order liaison atm, I think?"

Vicannia trails off, "You want my honest opinion on that barcus? For me at least, it's a thankless job, icly of course. If people aren't massacering you at the slightest mistake in the rumors, they acting like it's your job to risk your character for them... I can only think of 3 times i ever had a character icly thank misune for risking his life... Why do you think it is our knights tend to go crazy after sometime"

Kinaed nods at Barcus.

Temi says, "Yeah, haven't seen any interest for that either."

Silrie claims, "Hmm."

Rimilde states, "I remember the Order doing a lot more community based work at one time, it involved a lot of people and that led to them getting more RP (the orphanage comes to mind.)"

Gothan nods to Rimilde

Gothan says, "And with the Church rebuild thing. "

Kinaed says to Goodryke, "I hope we're not scaring you off."

Eirian says, "Chaplain is still a priest. I'm suggesting thinking outside that box, toward charity-driven roles or public service."

Goodryke pontificates to Kinaed, "Only to death!"

Vicannia trails off, "Blatantly put, playing a knight, inquisitor, or priest generally sucks from an ic and ooc standpoint..."

Evrald queries, "A paladin is a priestly knight?"

Evrald shrugs.

Kinaed claims to Goodryke, "We're grateful for your taking the role, and I hope we can somehow support you so that it's fun."

Romeo says, "I've wanted to be an Order member forever."

Rimilde claims, "Any authority figure gets slack, the Reeves are the same. People don't like consequences."

Romeo huddles in the Cathedral.

Kinaed nods at Rimilde.

Cadence declares, "In regards to guild reps for order the poet knight is the link between order and troubs and I'm totally wanting one of those!! Need guildleader help to take the weight off ;)"

Rimilde claims, "They enjoy the actions but not the fall out in many cases (not all, and I really respect players that play through the whole thing)."

Barcus says, "I think it's just a personality thing."

Kinaed states to Rimilde, "I kind of agree with that, and the Order is set up as the central power in the game."

Barcus states, "Either you like it or you don't."

Rimilde trails off, "Yeah and without the Central power, a lot of other things are affected..."

Kinaed nods at Barcus.

Romeo questions, "Goodryke, think we can set up a scene after this?"

Barcus claims, "And I like those roles but I think the guild shop for the Order will help a lot."

Goodryke states to Romeo, "Already booked"

Goodryke claims to Romeo, "Can after booking"

Gothan queries, "Maybe we could have like a Poet Knight equivalent for the Reeves, or Court?"

Kinaed questions, "It turned out I liked Order RP despite not being liked because of it. You need a real thick skin to be an Orderite, and if you don't have one, it won't be fun. And if it's not fun, you won't play because who wants to spend their free time doing something they don't like?"

Diana says, "Lol yeah, you have to book Goodryke ahead of time."

Silrie shakes her head.

Romeo states, "Alrighty. I'm here alllll weekend. I'll send a board note or somethin'."

Sydney claims, "I do have a suggestion."

Kinaed says, "So how can being an Orderite be more fun? If the number one issue is the flack they get from the pbase, I think it's clear enough to the pbase that we ought to respect the people doing a hard job - but honestly, I think for the most part people do. I've only seen kindness and whatnot extended to, for example, Renton."

Gothan hugs Romeo

Goodryke says to Romeo, "Just send me tells when you see me online :)"

Gothan states, "Personaly I've not had any flack OOC'ly for doing my job, so I didn't really know that was an issue that some people face."

Vicannia states, "Don't get me wrong kinaed, I enjoyed as misune, wouldn't have spent almost 3 years playing him if I didn't... it just gets tiresome after awhile.."

Kinaed nods at Gothan.

Eirian claims, "I had no problems with the pbase and didn't get any flak at all. But I played a priest, not an Inquisitor."

Evrald claims, "The only real people i've seen take flak for being Grand Inquisitor's are Zaerieth(right when I joined) and Renton."

Rimilde gets it all the time, but maybe it's just me:)

Margaux states, "I'm slow, sorry if the convo has moved on.. My reason for not playing an Orderite is that I can't spare the time. My 'free time' during prime time is generally short blocks and I don't feel comfortable committing to long scenes that are difficult for quick extraction (such as a Review of Faith or arresting.) I've not experienced not having support."

Sydney states, "A long, long time ago, I did run the Order, and while I screwed a ton of things up, the one thing I did was get 3 other people to app in with me at the same time. So, we had connections from the get-go."

Silrie claims, "I actually enjoy mass. Just putting it out there. When cosimo had mass, I was always there. It can be really interesting and thought provoking if you let it. Random."

Kinaed says to Gothan, "You're a knight, not an Inquisitor. :) There's a bit of a difference in perception there, but then again, I could be wrong about what is faccing our new Order versus the old."

Evrald claims, "Zaerieth was being ousted and Renton for letting a prisoner go."

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Sydney says, "I think we set GLs up for failure if we app them into a GL spot when there's no actual, active guild beneath them."

Kinaed muses, "What happened to Zaerieth's player anyway, anyone know?"

Leofrick claims, "She is taking a break, said she'll return soon-ish."

Kinaed questions to Sydney, "It's up to a GL to build and run a guild; the game doesn't work ground up. Imagine we were a new game and didn't app people into guilds?"

Barcus states, "I think if you can't take the criticism behind being an Inquisitor it might not be good for you; you will feel everyone hates you ICly because that is the role. It doesn't necessarily mean that."

Kinaed nods at Leofrick.

Barcus muses, "Maybe more recommendations?"

Kinaed nods at Barcus.

Silrie nods.

Silrie says, "Losing Zaerieth was really hard on her."

Kinaed asks, "Maybe a forum topic "What would make playing an Orderite more fun"?"

Silrie nods.

Kinaed asks of Goodryke, "That said, are you generally having fun?"

Temi says, "It's more fun to be a GL with a good, strong guild already, but there's nothing really we can do to fix that up. Having a good GL tends to help strengthen their guild."

Goodryke claims to Kinaed, "Generally, yes :)"

Silrie will make a priest mother one day.

Eirian states, "More priestesses would be rad."

Silrie has been meaning to try that role. No combat needed.

Temi states, "So, we get people in as GL and hope they can get the guild going to a fun level."

Kinaed claims, "Also worth noting - folks, we're a bit low on people recommending one another for driving plots lately. I hope that's not because we're not having fun RP! Please recommend people who deserve some kudos."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Eirian.

Kinaed claims to Goodryke, "I'm glad for that."

Romeo claims, "I don't know where anyone is."

Kinaed queries, "Any other comments or ideas for Gothan's topic?"

Romeo states, "Turn on those wheres guys."

Temi claims, "Otherwise our option is just closing guilds when they get low on peole."

Vicannia trails off, "You know... another thing that may make playing an orderite better, is if they had any real power. Far to often I've seen inquisitor's even the GI be forced into a corner because a noble gets their panties in a twist... to me it doesn't feel like a noble should be able to really have any say on order matters... just my opinion"

Gothan says, "Its really hard for me trying to get the Knight side going again, and people probably think we're a bunch of useless statue's not really doing much to combat the threat."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Barcus asks, "Is there another topic or can I introduce another debate-worthy idea re: Gothan's topic?"

Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "I tend to agree with that. The Order is not beholden to Court."

Silrie states, "Ha. My GI told a noble to her face once that she had no power in Inquisitorial matters and if she had a problem with how he ran the order, she could take it up with the regent."

Diana states, "Yeah, i agree with that too."

Vicannia says, "You wouldn't know that from past events"

Margaux claims, "I never had any problems with anyone except the King (as Patriarch) trying to tell me what to do while I was an Inquisitor."

Kinaed says to Barcus, "You can - I think we're going to go over anyway."

Cadence states, "Play a corrupt orderite."

Cadence claims, "That will be fun."

Kinaed questions, "Does anyone have somewhere to be, or can we go over time?"

Eirian states to Gothan, "That's not a position I'd espouse ICly just because there are few PC Knights."

Diana declares, "No, I'm good here. Onwards!"

Silrie says to Kinaed, "I'm good on time."

Silrie claims, "And one more thing."

Vicannia claims, "Nothing on my end"

Kinaed claims to Cadence, "The first Cardinal I ever RPed with was a heretic. I know because he found out I was a mage and just let me go."

Unrecognized command.

Ailu laughs.

Gothan exclaims, "Worlds best boss!"

Barcus says, "I think our religion could use more love or more focus somehow. If I play a priest, I really don't feel my role is central -at all-. COnfessions are a burden for both parties and feel more like charity to me."

Kinaed claims, "Though I do think before we go with allowing corrupt Orderites that we need a decent non-corrupt foundation."

Barcus says, "People don't genuinely approach priests for advice, etc."

Silrie states, "For me, what else keeps me from the order, and this is nobody's fault, because I've been there. I know how stressful it is in the GI role, but the inconsistency of leaders. Whenever something is accomplished or the order starts moving along, someone leaves / is ousted and it starts all over again."

Cadence says, "Wow. There's also being a sinning inquisitor, aka drunkard with an illegitimate family."

Barcus claims, "The one time I did that with my PC I got recommended as if I had invented the wheel and that is sad."

Vicannia trails off, "And playing a corrupt orderite often gets you killed quickly, aka my character aurther auguste... killed in the madison by a KNIGHT all because the character was a bit on the "cruel" side"

Barcus states, "I would like to encourage players to focus a bit more on how prudish our society is and how important orderites are, maybe if we get a priest and we get people asking them for advice it would be super fun."

Romeo claims, "All this talk about how tenuous the Order is and all I wanna do is join."

Evrald states, "Pretty much Silrie... We don't get GI's that retire of old age or step down for doing a good job to let the next one come along."

Sydney states, "I was a Grand Inquisitor who performed my own marriage ceremony. I can't not do corrupt. Being a normal, pious person is so boring."

Barcus states, "I would love to app into a priest if I was regularly called for advice and stuff like that."

Evrald says, "They die from a Mage or Demon attack, or they end up ousted because they pissed off the wrong person."

Kinaed says to Romeo, "I believe applications are open, so people don't even need to start at the bottom re: Order."

Evrald declares, "Barcus!"

Evrald says, "App to the Court Chaplain"

Gothan pontificates, "!!!"

Sydney claims, "So, here's a partial solution. Everyone who's like "I want to go Order," go talk to Goodryke and ask him what he needs for the guild. Then work up background connections together."

Gothan claims, "I totaly forgot about that role."

Evrald says, "Nobles will be calling you all the time for advice on religious matters."

Romeo says, "I'm gonna join the good old way."

Vicannia claims, "But the applicaiton process kinaed, at least for more important roles, generally starts your character out far lest skilled than if they had just taken the time"

Silrie would be more likely to confess to a priest if she could trust the confession would stay private and branding wouldn't be step 1 toward repentence.

Evrald states, "And you can be apart of the Order."

Evrald claims, "So it's a win win."

Barcus states, "Hehehe! I can't because I have Barcus."

Silrie states, "And by private, I mean ic and ooc."

Margaux questions, "Staff, would you allow free BG connections between Orderites as a temp measure?"

Goodryke declares, "I will say, I wold like bigger sepration between church and state, it seems that nobles have a bit too much influence over order as it is. They should fear the mighty inquisiton god damnit! :P"

Romeo claims, "Although I've never played as an Orderite Order member, so I'm completely green on how the ranks there go."

Evrald queries, "You can have multiple members in the same guild... And a Court Chaplain wouldn't be a noble?"

Vicannia nods in agreeance with goodryke

Evrald wonders, "Maybe a gentry at best?"

Sydney nods in agreement with Margaux.

Romeo trails off, "If I remember, it's like acolyte priest inquisitor. Or is it like hrm..."

Barcus declares, "I would just be going over my current contacts!"

Diana says, "Yeah, i'm agreement with you Goodryke. Put your foot down."

Barcus says, "I could do a priest to advice gentry & commoners on their issues."

Rimilde trails off, "That fear needs to be built up ICly too, I think over time it shifts back and forth depending on personalities and what people want to push and try to pull off..."

Kinaed asks of Margaux, "I don't see why we wouldn't allow background connections at all... ?"

Asala states, "Court Chaplain doesn't have to be a noble, if I recall."

Vicannia says, "Actually according to emma's helpfile for the role, it is suppose to be noble filled"
Taunya says to Margaux, "I was just thinking that, or at least heavily discounted."

Evrald trails off, "As for the fear in the nobles..."

Romeo says, "Or maybe theres like 3 separate groups of ranks or something."

Evrald states, "Find a Noble that's a mage."

Cadence says, "Im considering making an app inquisitor. I'd ve up for bg connections with people who also wanna do some."

Evrald states, "Drag them out and pyre them and make a speech about, "No matter where you are. You will be found and you will be burned.""

Kinaed states to Silrie, "I agree re: confession, and I actually have said multiple times it should be that way, and even put it in a help file, but I don't think the sealed confession no-matter-what, has caught on."

Vicannia states, "Nope I was wrong, was reading the wrong role"

Romeo says, "Like branches. So maybe acolyte becomes priest or acolyte becomes inquisitor and then priest becomes chaplain."

Silrie would kind of like to see a gentler side to the order in priests. Not everything has to be fear.

Romeo states, "Agh it's so confusing."

Goodryke states to Romeo, "As your future GL: I have no idea"

Silrie states to Kinaed, "It's a shame."

Diana states, "I think that's another reason why people may not want to play. if they always have to be intimidating, fierce, it's a hard char to play like that. I'm in agreement with Sil here."

Barcus claims, "I'll app into a priest I think, though I can't promise uber activity."

Vicannia always assumed sealed confessions were the norm..

Eirian questions, "Was there another topic for discussion after this one? Or was this it?"

Gothan states, "It branches off after preist to either Inquisitor side, or keeping on the priest track up to High preist/archbishop etc. "

Cadence states, "Acolyte - priest - bishop. inq can come from priests or bishops bit aren't supposed to do priestly duties as they have inquisitor stuff to do."

Margaux agrees with Vicannia.

Silrie has a character she can bring back who had a really good temperment for priest. Stern but kind. Maybe I can kick off the sealed confessionals.

Silrie grins.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, we have other topics - so right now, if you're interested in apping for an Inquisitor after all of this discussion, please do. As a part of this, I plan to make some mage-fighting items in game more available to the Order through their guild shop. Beyond that, I'll be opening up a forum post to allow people to suggest how to make playing an Orderite fun. Have I missed anything?"

Asala states, "I did too, unless it was something that required a public penance, etc."

Vicannia claims, "I mean unless you confess to being a mage, then repent"

Evrald muses, "Wait... There are guild shops!?"

Gothan states, "I think that about sums it up Kinaed, would be nice if someone would join the Knights side too :P"

Kinaed states, "Oh, linking mage availability in chargen to Order population."

Goodryke states to Kinaed, "I am hearing mage confessions every day at 5 pm, you can add that ;)"

Evrald nags Silrie, "Why wasn't I told about this!"

Silrie says to Evrald, "In the order, yes."

Margaux says to Evrald, "Most guild shops just sell keys to the GLs."

Romeo says, "You can't be a mage and an orderite I believe."

Romeo states, "Or was that changed."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, please make knights also."

Evrald trails off, "Awww..."

Temi states, "Royal Chaplain would generally not be noble. Possibly second, third child, but never the inheriting or ruling. And wouldn't be required to be noble"

Kinaed questions, "Did anyone make any comments about the who list being used inappropriately to time mage attacks?"

Silrie claims, "You could be, but it'd probably be hard."

Asala says, "Hard to make heirs in the Order, alas. At least not legitimate ones."

Kinaed questions, "Is that happening, or just a fear? Do we need to do something about it?"

Vicannia trails off, "That seems to have always been the case kinaed..."

Silrie has thought that was used many times.

Vicannia trails off, "Regarding the who list..."

Romeo muses, "What do you mean?"

Diana states, "Oh yeah, I think that's a concern, but I think it's a fear, considering there's no real evidence. Or so I've heard from my orderite friends."

Evrald asks, "I think someone accused of that a few weeks ago?"

Kinaed says to Romeo, "Some people have told me that mage attacks seem to happen mostly when there are no knights or orderites on."

Silrie thinks it's used for a lot of things. I wish whoinvis could let you send tells if you choose it. I'd use it just to mask myself.

Goodryke states to Kinaed, "I think it may be just a case of we have little people online, can't fault people for playing at 12am to their character when almost no one is online"

Evrald claims, "But it's more just that there are never Orderites around so when there is someone, the mage might not be on."

Cadence has lost link.
Cadence has reconnected.

Evrald says, "Exactly."

Kinaed states, "I think it may be a fear more than a proven issue, but it certainly would be inappropriate use of OOC info."

Kinaed questions, "I think the question is, given the fear, do we need to do more than educate people about whoinvis?"

Azarial says, "Coputns as crossover, wouldn;t it"

Barcus claims, "I think it would be cool if instead of names we show just OOC titles or something."

Silrie claims, "It's not even just that. Who list used for narrowing down who's causing trouble, for finding ic ways to confront someone about connections only gleaned from the who list, stuff like that."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "OOC/IC yep"

Barcus ducks under the table for the incoming apple.

Vicannia trails off, "If people really do fear that, then do what I did on misune, who whoinvis majority of the time... Secret knight for the win"

Silrie trails off, "Maybe I'm just paranoid, but... *shrugs*"

Gothan nods to Vicannia

Kinaed says, "I think we need the who list otherwise people just don't stick around when they log in."

Cadence trails off, "I generally use wholist to see whether any of my guildies are online so I know which alt to play..."

Kinaed states, "But I agree it could be turned into a complete OOC thing."

Romeo claims, "Yeah wholist is a massive must for me."

Gothan claims, "I would do that but I'd rarther be seen online if people want to do scenes or send tells to me."

Silrie nods at Kinaed.

Diana claims, "Yeah, I use it to see who's around that I might like to scene with and such."

Romeo states, "I've tried playing other MUDS with no wholist"

Evrald trails off, "Yea..."

Margaux muses, "Use OOC names on the who list, such as on the OOC chan?"

Evrald claims, "Who list is required"

Barcus claims, "Then maybe make whoinvis a much more accessible thing."

Silrie nods.

Barcus claims, "Whoinvis all/guild for example."

Romeo states, "Eh... I dunno."

Kinaed asks, "Perhaps we should have it show people's OOC names, like what shows on the OOC channel, and if a person doesn't have an OOC name, show them as 'Anonymous'?"

Taunya says, "Having the wholist display in random order rather than order of login might be good too."

Temi claims, "Who list definitely helps me for trying to connect with people I have oustanding RP with."

Romeo says, "Taunya, I agree with."

Barcus states to Kinaed, "Yeah, that would be great."

Evrald states, "Yea. That would actually help probably."

Barcus says, "And the random thing too."

Eirian claims, "Wholist should absolutely be showing a random order, at all times."

Margaux claims, "+1 on Taunya's suggestion."

Silrie claims, "Like the option to chat in tells when whoinvis in case you want to talk to friends but don't want to be visible on the who list due to the ooc thing."

Diana queries, "Wait, but then that fails, because if we want to send a tell to someone, how would we match up their ic name, to their ooc list?"

Romeo says, "Yeah."

Kinaed nods at Taunya.

Goodryke states, "Yea, i think that is too much. But randomness, or better, A->Z would be aces"

Romeo says, "I'm not a fan of the OOC name thing. Maybe just randomness."

Ailu nods in agreement with Romeo.

Goodryke claims, "With invis on separate end"

Silrie nods at Taunya.

Evrald claims, "Being in a random order becomes less about "oh that person just logged on and magic starts, gotta be a mage""

Ailu meant to agree with Taunya

Romeo says, "Yeah."

Sydney states, "I definitely think the wholist should be sorted alphabetically."

Kinaed says, "I think you should simply have to ask someone who they are OOC and let them tell you or not."

Sydney claims, "And it's a trivial fix."

Rimilde trails off, "I think given the size of the game, the WHO is pretty useful for people to connect..."

Kinaed nods at Sydney.

Barcus says, "Yeah."

Kinaed states, "I think Alphabetically is probably easier than Random and has the same effect."

Diana claims, "Yeah, we should keep the who."

Temi claims, "I think fake names would be a lot more irritating than helpful."

Cadence claims, "I only wish where was used more often so I could find more social scenes ;)"

Kinaed claims, "I don't think there's any question that we'd remove who."

Diana states, "Agreed"

Eirian exclaims, "Alphabetically works!"

Silrie muses, "What of toggling an ability to chat while whoinvis?"

Diana states, "Fake names would be uber annoying."

Rimilde states, "Yup Alpha."

Temi says, "Alphabetical makes sense."

Cadence states, "But tbh usually folks doing social bar scenes have where on anyway."

Barcus claims, "I think where could use some love."

Kinaed claims, "It's too vital in terms of keeping people logging in. But there is a real fear of abuse, and it's hard to pinpoint if the abuse has happened in any specific case - but it's clear that it does happen overall."

Silrie nods.

Romeo says, "Yeah, nobody uses Where anymore. :("

Silrie claims, "It does."

Taunya states, "A lot of people feel targetted at the moment, thus the lack of whererp I think"

Sydney claims, "It's also impossible to prove unless someone admitted to it."

Silrie nods.

Barcus queries, "Could we perhaps make where more customizable?"

Gooseberry

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Diana claims, "Yes, with the recent mage activity, people are just paranoid and keep whererp off. I'm guilty of that."

Kinaed muses to Taunya, "Targetted? What do you mean?"

Silrie says, "That's the hardest thing. There's a lot of coincidences in a lot of cases that can't be proven but don't feel ic."

Goodryke says, "I don't because if I falg whererp in my office I get a line outside :P"

Evrald trails off, "Kinky. I think the main fear for it comes from the lack of Orderites since "Oh that mage only attacks when Orderites aren't online! He's using who!" "Actually... there's just no Orderites in general... :/""

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Romeo claims, "But it's not like people can just be massacred randomly by mage attacks."

Taunya states to Kinaed, "By mages"

Kinaed nods at Evrald.

Romeo claims, "Cnotes are required and it's a long process."

Cadence claims, "I think she means targeted by specific mages/criminals or other. Aka ic'ly that mage has possibly threatened them or such."

Eirian wonders, "Can I get a trans out, please?"

Eirian has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Cadence states, "I think even if they can't die the fear of having to spend ooc weeks in hospital beds is enough to scare people."

Barcus says, "I would love if we could type 'where edit' as an alternative to normal where and have it be customizable."

Vicannia trails off, "Recent events would suggest otherwise romeo..."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I think we should have a few forum posts to continue this discussion."

Cadence claims, "I've known some folks who have been really agitated by being stuck in hospital with no rp."

Diana claims, "I'm sorry! I try an rp with people in hospital. I'm only one person though, sorry for that."

Goodryke claims, "Kinda, that is why I broke my character a bit and went on roleplaying with limpyarms"

Evrald says, "It's the lack of numbers to combat the mages that causes the fear since if a mage logs in when people aren't around then they are accused of attacking when no one is online. And if they don't attack when people are online, they they're accused of using wholist to avoid attacking."

Romeo claims, "I mean, I don't know. I don't like seeing 15+ players on and nothing on where."

Cadence says, "Not your fault diana. Hospital rp is rather difficult and restrictive."

Kinaed says, "I think we're going well over time, but I'd like to revisit this topic next OOC Chat if things haven't improved with the steps we've outlined today."

Romeo claims, "Kind of dissaudes me from playing."

Asala says, "Hospital rp gets old no matter what, I find."

Vicannia nods in agreeance with Cadence "Hospital rp and the changes to how wounds work does seem to have played a large part in the sudden decline."

Ailu comfort Romeo.

Diana claims, "No I like hospital rp, but sometimes I don't catch the people in the hospital. If you don't have your where on, and you're in a recovery ward, I'm not going to see you, to rp with you, unless you shoot me a tell or send a messenger."

Romeo hugs Ailu.

Kinaed says to Romeo, "I agree, we're not removing the who list, but we may reorganize it and potentially change it to have OOC names or soemthing"

Cadence states, "I love how wounds need time and rest to heal, it's great. But it's just unfortunate when folks get stuck unable to rp for ages XD"

Unrecognized command.

Evrald states, "Well... I can't make next OOC Chat. Whether i'm working or i'm Judging, I won't be around next saturday(either part of the day, or the full day)"

Sydney nods in agreement with Asala.

Silrie is just paranoid about ooc info being used icly, wholist and past knowledge included. hides*

Asala says, "Just laying around being infirm is repetitive, is the main problem for me."

Rimilde muses, "Can I get transferred out please? I don't think there are more topics?"

Silrie sits back and waits for topics to move on.

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "I don't think you're alone"

Margaux wonders, "Don't wounds heal regardless of whether or not you're in hospital?"

Kinaed says to Rimilde, "There are."

Azarial says, "Yup"

Kinaed queries to Rimilde, "That's why I'm trying to wind down to another topic - but I can retrans you if you want?"

Azarial claims, "Once they are treated, you are free to go"

Kinaed muses to Silrie, "Care to introduce us to your topic?"

Rimilde states, "Yes please."

Silrie claims, "I was contemplating what really gets me excited about a new game the other week. And granted, this game's not new to me, but I love how it's changing so that new things are happening which, I feel, is breathing new life into it. But I also find that I enjoy exploring new areas. Even with new characters, it can sometimes feel just... a touch stale to wander the same places over and over again. Is there any way any new areas may be added soon? Bits of forest, parts of the bren, I don't know. More to explore, places to enliven the grid again, even if they're not huge? I know the grid's already pretty big, but was just interested to know if anything like that was planned? Maybe it's just me who feels that newness adds life, but... it is how I feel. Maybe even more secret places in forests / mountains / city / sewers / etc. I'm sure there's a lot I've not yet discovered on grid, but I'm all for more out there places and more secret ones."

Diana claims, "Well I truly am sorry for those of you stuck in hospital without rp. I try an rp with those there, and make it a priority, but I am so very sorry if I miss you."

Rimilde has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Margaux says to Silrie, "'Explorer' is absolutely one of the 'gamer types', so you're not alone."

Asala claims to Diana, "People just get restless. It's not really the hospital staff's fault."

Kinaed says to Silrie, "That's up to building staff to have the time and interest to do these things. Staff wise, we're down to Temi, Ismael, Azarial, Xinoe and myself at the moment. I work full time, have two kids, and am studying also."

Cadence says, "I'd still like to see the expanded pc vs npc areas that were discussed ages back. Would be nice to be able to have combat characters fighting bandits and non animal/players. As pvp does not usually happen -that- often and not without good cause."

Temi pontificates, "There's a ton of secrets around the city and wilderness. Definitely stuff out there to be found!"

Silrie bobs her head. "Sorry, not a ridicule on staff at all. Was just curious."

Romeo declaims, "You guys need new staffers!"

Romeo claims, "I have a friend who codes. He could be a builder."

Evrald states, "We lost more staffers? o.o"

Kinaed claims, "We don't have anything specific planned, but I think some of the staff are interested - I'm just worried that we'd be biting off more than we can chew to plan anything specific at the moment. We're focused on doing a monthly City Metric plot to see how that might go."

Romeo says, "I'd have to convince him though."

Vicannia trails off, "I think even getting the colleusum in the vandagan quarter functioning would be something awesome... "

Ailu muses, "Maybe more veteran players should apply to become builders?..."

Silrie queries, "Oh, one more quick question?"

Kinaed questions to Silrie, "Yes?"

Silrie muses, "Do you guys plan to make hunting animals act as more than just flavor one day? The high level requirements seem a bit steep for animals that don't do much?"

Silrie says, "Tending, I mean"

Silrie says, "Livestock"

Temi states, "Possibly at some point, but no active plans. They're mainly prestige."

Silrie nods.

Goodryke questions, "SO i can get a cow to show my prestige?"

Unrecognized command.

Temi states, "That would be a different prestige. But there are cows."

Temi grins at Goodryke.

Kinaed questions to Silrie, "Can you put any ideas up on the forums?"

Evrald says, "Sure! but if it's udders spew chocolate milk, you're a mage."

Evrald nods to Goodryke.

Gothan claims, "Dress it up in Inquisitor robes and call it buttercup."

Unrecognized command.

Goodryke pontificates to Temi, "At least it's not a sheep tied to a lamppost!"

Silrie says to Kinaed, "I'll think on it. I probably could. *grins*"

Goodryke declaims to Gothan, "Done!"

Kinaed states, "Thanks :) Okay, Vicannia - I'm going on the idea that we discussed your topic."

Silrie giggles at Evrald.

Goodryke asks of Evrald, "And who will inquisit the only inquisitor? :P"

Evrald declaims, "The Earl Marshal!"

Azarial states, "The cardinal"

Evrald declares, "That! :p"

Kinaed questions to Vicannia, "Did you want to add anything?"

Vicannia claims, "I already brought up my topic during gothan's topic, since it was nearly the same"

Cadence says, "The cardinal can't inquisit. He's too busy being foiled by the three musketeers in france."

Kinaed nods at Vicannia.

Kinaed states to Vicannia, "Just making sure."

Gothan states, "Goodryke will have to Inquist himself."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, everyone - thank you for attending this week's OOC Chat."

• Information