Log of OOC meeting 9/24/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Shimacatta

Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed states, "I already have one person registered."

Silrie bites Barcus's finger off.

Merick claims to Kinaed, "Would a rp wish be heartbeat"

Barcus is the fingerless baron. :'(

Azarial queries, "Barcus od the nine fingers?"

Kinaed claims to Merick, "Could be that, or a player topic. I'll put you down for a player topic. Please write up your RP wish so that when I call on you, you're ready to go."

Merick puts a mini chainsaw finger on Barcus' hand

Azarial says, "...don;t pick your nose, or scratch your codpiece."

Kinaed states, "Okay, with that, let's get started. I'll kick off Staff Updates."

Barcus laughs.

Merick says, "More of a hope for someone more than anything"

Barcus pontificates, "I have a quick topic too!"

Kinaed has transferred Taunya. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Asala. [OOC]

Merick states, "You'll see, I'm ranting, sorry :D"

Merick flips a blue cotton cloak bearing the Crossed Swords on a Chalice back over his shoulder.

Temi gives a colorful flower, made of ample layers of petal-thin cloth to Taunya.

Temi gives a colorful flower, made of ample layers of petal-thin cloth to Asala.

Kinaed says, "Last week, I didn't do much. IRL is absolutely crazy. My mother broke her foot the day of her flight to Australia and decided to come anyway, so I've spent a lot of time in and out of the hospital, etc."

Merick tosses his cloak over Barcus' head

Ismael comforts Kinaed.

Barcus hugs Kinaed.

Silrie hisses. Ooouch... much hugs to mama!

Kinaed claims, "I've pretty much read the boards and checked up on things important to staff and players to the best of my ability."

Barcus clings.

Kinaed states, "My continual focus is jail improvements/automation and roles - which were turned in to Az."

Kinaed queries, "That's it for me. Az, care to give us a quick update?"

Azarial says, "Mostly poking at the bug board this week, since my combat tester had to do rl stuffs. attack and mattack have had some subtle mathg errors resolved--the rest have not had the changes migrated in because i wante before and after testing data"

Azarial says, "Evoke show turned out to be a backasswards table reference, so that is usbale in notes, and evoke is now an action and should nmot be broken by notes."

Azarial claims, "News bow paginates on my login, so i may stop for the month."

Azarial claims, "Now, rather. <_<"

Kinaed says, "Oh, there's a new command in game - autofailsafe. Mages may want to turn this on as it will error out when a mage attempts to cast a spell with a warning that they're in a reportable area. "

Azarial says, "Oh, yes, I did spend a day adding that into the almsot a hundred spots that alert."

Taunya claims, "I had a question regarding the changes to appraise"

Leofrick pontificates, "Oooh, Nifty that!"

Kinaed muses to Taunya, "Yes?"

Merick puts a colorful flower, made of ample layers of petal-thin cloth in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Taunya questions to Kinaed, "Does it no longer show value of items, or does it require a certain rank?"

Azarial says, "It is now rank bacsed, up to 70"

Azarial states, "It will also print quite a bit more information than it did before"

Kinaed muses to Temi, "We do show the value of an object at a certain rank, right?"

Temi claims, "I believe the previous stuff should be mostly available by 36."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods.

Silrie says, "It's awesome."

Kinaed states to Taunya, "So yes, it will show value by a certain rank, probably rank 36."

Taunya says to Kinaed, "Thanks, I'll have to work on it then."

Silrie exclaims, "I also like the "more than can be grasped" as opposed to "more than you can grasp, ya idiot!" XDDD"

Asala wonders, "Does it affect looking at shop items too?"

Azarial states, "Yes, it affects appraising shop items."

Asala nods.

Azarial claims, "There is no longer a difference between appraising your items and shop items, due to how the spec was written."

Kinaed states, "Any further questions? Otherwise, I'll ask Temi to take the floor."

Merick rolls out the red carpet?

Kinaed claims to Temi, "I think that means it's your turn :)"

Temi says, "Well, not a whole lot on my front. Responding to requests and plots, and some more of those to do."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims to Ismael, "You're up then. :)"

Silrie exclaims, "Wikiiiiii!"

Ismael says, "Another good week of progress, I think. This week we have got two portals down at the wiki and I installed a few extensions. I'm working on the religions portal, Pixie is working on making us the first TI game (correct me if I'm wrong) with a huge timeline that spans from Pre-Consolidation to SC 371 based on approved timelines, and we have pof Silrie working on the Botany portal. GrandmaWillow finished the Culture portal while Pixie finished the Domains portal. We completed all weekly milestones, therefore, wiki-wise. That said, I have been tacking requests and trying to be generally there for player requests.

My focus this coming week will be first of all to try and lessen the stack of requests that has built this week and to finish the Religions portal. I also hope to get a new revision of the Assets spec done for this week, but I also did expand a bit some few sections of the spec for the next revision. I also want to consider if adding subsections to the off-topic forum might help create a better forum community."

Silrie flails around about assets.

Kinaed claims, "That's impressive work. Thanks also to Pixie and Silrie."

Ismael claims, "So please, let's all thank our wiki contributors and if anyone wants to write articles / copy & paste helpfiles you guys can tell me to be contributors (which is a free thing where you write whenever you want) or to be moderators (which is basically being in charge of a specific section)."

Ismael claims, "That's it for me."

Ismael declaims, "And GrandmaWillow!"

Diana says to Ismael, "Right, and I wanted to help on the wicky, but our discussion never did actually come to a close."

Kinaed says, "And to GrandmaWillow :)"

Ismael declares to Diana, "You need to send me an email and a username and I'll create you an account! :)"

Kinaed wonders, "May I ask, have we shared around the wiki link to players yet?"

Ismael says, "Only unofficially: the link is accessible (ti-legacy.com/wiki) but it will only be added to the front page when it's ready with the majority of the necessary helpfiles up."

Diana says to Ismael, "Oh okay, we never got around to that part. You had asked me if I've edited a wicky before and I told you I hadn't, but that I could probably learn, then well... that's all she wrote. lol :)"

Kinaed nods at Ismael.

Temi claims, "So, existing players are welcome and invited, but maybe not ready for recruiting new ones yet."

Silrie states, "I find it's generally an easy process. I get everything written down first and then worry about formatting, Di. Learning experience but I'm loving my new portal now so totes fun."

Ismael nods at Temi.

Kinaed has transferred Emma. [OOC]

Temi gives a colorful flower, made of ample layers of petal-thin cloth to Emma.

Ismael states, "Basically we don't show it to new players so they don't tihnk we left something unfinished on our homepage, yeah."

Azarial wonders, "And crosslinking as new files come in?"

Diana discretely pokes the Emma.

Emma shrieks.

Silrie gazes longingly at emma!!!!

Emma exclaims, "Sillriiieee!"

Silrie pontificates to Emma, "Give hugs! Now!"

Margaux x.x

Emma delivers.

Silrie is happy now and will survive another week with her heart intact.

Silrie grins.

Kinaed states, "Any further questions or comments on our wiki? If you want to help out, please touch base with Ismael after the chat."

Emma states, "Comments: It's awesome."

Azarial claims, "Sidenote, autofailsafe also works on secular crimes."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says, "I like the look of it thus far myself."

Ismael smiles.

Silrie trails off, "What is autofailsafe... *reads helpfile*"

Kinaed muses to Azarial, "Does it default as on?"

Ismael claims, "Helps magelings not get caught by erroring when you're in a public room evoking or invoking."

Silrie claims, "And yes, agreed, wiki = incredawesome."

Kinaed says to Silrie, "As mentioned earlier, if you are going to enact a crime that will report to the Order or Reeves, you'll get an error until/unless you turn it off."

Kinaed claims to Taunya, "I need to put a help file in."

Emma claims, "Ooh, that's a good idea."

Silrie says, "Oh that. Scary mageling creatures. Nodnod."

Silrie hides behind Emma.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, sorry, drifting a bit. We've done Staff Updates - time for Player Heartbeat! How was the game this week, folks? How was RP? Anything you want staff to know is driving you nuts?"

Barcus trails off, "Sooo muchhhh fuuuun...."

Emma claims, "Emotional whirlwind, which is always good."

Merick asks, "Mind if I bring up mine, Kinaed?"

Azarial says, "A boatwheel in your pants is not a staff issue."

Kinaed claims to Merick, "Sure, go ahead."

Emma trails off to Azarial, "Or IS it..."

Azarial trails off to Emma, "Well, my solution would be the repeated application of the obtanium sowrd of death until ti wasn;t a problem, so...."

Emma declares to Azarial, "Okay. It's not a staff problem!"

Kinaed is confoozled.

Merick states, "Alright, roleplay has certainly picked up for me, which is great, no complaints, save for one, I feel like we need more orderites, specifically inquisitors and priests, who can do the day to day stuff, that's really it, so I'd ask anyone who thinks it could be fun, to jump in! I won't make demands or complaints really, just feels like a bit of a hole at times."

Taunya says, "Pretty quiet for me, still been hung up waiting for a player that hasn't been around. The RP I've had has been alright though."

Kinaed claims to Taunya, "Have you pboarded that person and asked to set aside time to RP? If they're just not around/responding, particularly if they've disappeared long term, you can apply to the staff to organize RP to get you past the hump."

Esmerelde claims, "I've had fun. Some interesting scenes"

Merick points at Esmerelde, nodding

Diana claims, "Well the orderite demand has always been there Merik. That, and with the mages chopping off the priests and knights, it's a harrd sell."

Diana says, "Hard rather"

Silrie says, "Rp's been... rough."

Taunya states to Kinaed, "I have. They've logged in since then, but never responded to the pboard"

Merick states to Diana, "True."

Estone claims to Merick, "That's always been an ongoing issue; playing an Orderite or Inquisitor is a very hard role to play, and tends to be one that offers a more specific sort of 'reward' for playing it-- it just doesn't have as many players hankering to be filling that role, so they tend to end up being a touch thin on the ground."

Azarial says, "Given that a priest is effetively skilless, you dont; lose much xp"

Silrie claims, "Amazingly thematic and brilliant in that regard, but whoo, intense sometimes."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed states, "I think we're always in need of priests and inquisitors."

Kinaed says, "Any other comments or things people would care to express about how the game has felt for them in the past week? If not, I accidentally skipped Zabris in the Staff Updates."

Kinaed hangs her head in shame.

Zabris says, "I've been working on making the game's helpfiles easily browsable and searchable on the website, separate from the wiki stuff. Without getting unnecessarily technical here, Az gave me the content for about 1200 helpfiles and I wrote a Thing to properly consume them. The data's all good now and I've started on the visual bits. Then I'll need to work on an update system so we can add the rest of the helps without headaches, and also make sure the site doesn't lag too far behind any in-game helpfile changes."

Emma claims, "Shunnn."

Emma states, "Awesome, Zabris."

Merick claims to Zabris, "That sounds like a right pain, nicely done."

Kinaed squeals with joy, "Finally! We've been wanting that for years*."

Estone gawks. "Awesome indeed!"

Merick sits down and rests.

Silrie proposes marriage to Zabris.

Kinaed claims, "Indeed, thank you sincerely for that work, Zabris. Deeply appreciated."

Zabris exclaims, "No prob!"

Kinaed states, "Okay, wow. Mind blown."

Kinaed says, "I guess that moves us on to Player Topics. :)"

Kinaed asks, "Silrie, can you introduce us to your first topic please?"

Silrie grins.

Silrie exclaims, "I has three!"

Silrie claims, "1. This popped into my head after someone asked about it on visnet earlier today. Can we have a 'lookplants' command that, when you're in a room filled with plants, will show each of them when typed? Normally, it's easy to tell what plants are around if they have not been retooled, but if they have been, you need to look at each one individually, which can be tedious if you've not a trigger for it."

Emma states, "...+100 to that, please."

Estone thirds -that- thought.

Kinaed states, "Sounds like a popular idea, can you put it on the forums? I have no issues with it, but I worry we'll forget it and I don't think it's going to happen as a priority."

Silrie claims, "Sure! I'll put my ideas. probably just the plant and its status."

Silrie claims, "And well, probably level too."

Silrie declares, "Ok, 2!"

Silrie states, "2. This is more for fun and is thus super low priority, but could we perhaps have a "race" command implemented for mounts? Not sure how it would work, probably involve riding skill or maybe even the type of mount. Sil challenged a friend to a race the other day and it was fun, but there was not really any way to judge a true winner, etc, even if just for fun."

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Azarial questions, "You an contest your mount skills?"

Zabris claims, "Or could actually go from one place to another, and whoever enters the room first wins."

Kinaed claims, "I agree, using contest for the ride skill would be a reasonable way to go."

Kinaed nods at Zabris.

Zabris states, "Though that doesn't really pit skill against skill so much."

Temi claims, "Well, it does if you gallop and are falling off."

Temi grins at Zabris.

Margaux asks, "Maybe have a best of 5 that includes 2 ride rolls, 2 dex rolls and an int roll or something?"

Taunya says, "Not all mounts are equal though"

Zabris claims to Temi, "True, paces and movement points and such would be accounted for. Good call."

Kinaed says, "True, but even if we were to write a race command, it probably wouldn't take all considerations into account. I think this is the sort of thing that the 'contest' command exists for."

Azarial claims, "And possibly the weigh oof the rider, but i'd hvae to look at movement again"

Silrie claims, "Oo I didn't think of contesting. duuuuh"

Silrie queries, "Ok, 3?"

Kinaed says, "I'm just having a quick look at the contest help file - it is really out of date. I believe you can contest a skill versus a stat at this time."

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Kinaed states to Silrie, "Go ahead."

Silrie states, "3. My third thing here was to just beg your indulgence, players, if I seem to be avoiding rp at the moment. Nobody's offended me or anything; I'm dealing with a lot of stress oocly due to my mum, even though I am in love with my new apartment and living situation, and Sil's continual, no breather stress is rendering the game kind of not fun for me at the moment. So if I seem a bit out of it or overwhelmed, I probably am and will step out of the scenes with a brief note to you if it gets that way. Please don't feel that I am hating you for conflict. Sil's a difficult character at the best of times, and if her headspace becomes too intense, I'll probably break away from it to take a breather. I know my limits, and I almost left the game when I tried playing past them yesterday. I just wanted to put it out here since I don't want anyone feeling bad for playing the way they play. You're not ruining my life oocly or anything, i promise. I just know when I need a breather from her IC stressers. I love you all. I've just realized that she's exceedingly difficult to play when my ooc life, emotionally, is this stressful and, due to my mother, disheartening. So just bear with me. It'll pass, but it may just take a bit of time and gentle handling from myself."

Temi nods.

Silrie listens to the crickets. Er... right... hides*

Temi says, "Generally a good thing to keep in mind."

Emma states, "Take care of yourself, Sil. Chin up and such."

Kinaed states, "Yeah, that's understandable. No worries from our side there."

Kinaed states, "Does anyone have anything else they'd like to talk about? If not, we have 15 min to socialize."

Kinaed claims, "Or we can wrap up early."

Estone muses, "Hrm.. There's an event this evening, yes!?"

Kinaed claims, "I think we have a couple going on."

Silrie did not know this.

Kinaed wonders, "As I understand it, Court is holding a tournament (is that today, Emma?)"

Silrie wonders, "Oh wow it's today already?"

Emma declares, "No ma'am. The tournament is in Augustus!"

Kinaed states, "I might be wrong."

Margaux states, "Not the tournament, just a court team meeting."

Taunya muses, "Being able to pour something out and wash in a puddle has been removed due to crashes when it evaporates, how about being able to wash directly from a waterskin, for times when you can't leave a room?"

Kinaed muses, "Oh, maybe I've got this all wrong. Are there any events on today?"

Emma says, "Today was a Court meeting, but we've decided to postpone so folks can attend Nathaniel's event."

Asala says, "I hope it's not today. I'd be introuble."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Silrie blows kisses to all and sundry before being dragged out to the playground by the ankle.

Silrie muses to Kinaed, "Can you poof me back, oh archmage of wizland?"

Kinaed states to Taunya, "I'd be concerned about people bathing in RP when they really ought not to."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Silrie has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Azarial states, "Plus it would goober up your waterskin."

Emma says, "I would still love to see a jeweling recipe for a washbasin. Removes the dirty flag, but doesn't give you "bathed.""

Kinaed ponders that, "I have no issues with a crafted washbasin, just not sure if jeweling would be the right one."

Ismael claims, "Maybe report it as a crime if someone is bathing in public."

Taunya claims, "Well they could have before, and the waterskin could pour out when you bathe using it. Think of it as just pouring it on yourself to wash off the bloo- err dirt."

Kinaed claims, "I'll recommend it to staff for building somewhere."

Emma pontificates, "Solid GOLD washbasin, Kinaed!"

Diana muses, "Wait so no court meeting today?"

Margaux says, "+ rinestones."

Estone , squints.

Emma claims, "Marg knows what's up."

Kinaed claims to Emma, "Of course, of course. Clearly I've forgotten with whom I'm dealing with. :)"

Emma beaaaams.

Leofrick muses to Ismael, "Trying to stop me from using fountains...?"

Asala says, "Pft, diamonds."

Ismael nods at Leofrick.

Margaux claims to Asala, "Too classy."

Ismael states, "I've been plotting this intervention for the past seven days, L."

Asala says, "To margaux Gaudy or bust."

Barcus is idle.

Merick trails off to Leofrick, "If yer the one mucking up the water so help meeeee.... "

Merick laughs.

Leofrick coughs.

Margaux says, "All part of his evil masterplan."

Kinaed says, "No one had cnotes until they figured out who was peeing in the fountain."

Leofrick trails off to Merick, "I both doing it and not doing it until you see me... xD"

Emma barfs.

Emma barfs on Tomas' desk*.

Margaux queries to Emma, "He can have his desk back after that? :)"

Asala claims, "Evil mages bathing in the fountains."

Leofrick states, "Washing off some of the taint.."

Kinaed claims, "That reminds me, I need to write that room desc for nobles who go inactive. And the autofailsafe help file. And... I'm sure there was one more thing today."

Azarial wonders, "Aren;t you glad we don't have mercury to poison wells with?"

Emma states to Margaux, "I'll have it delivered to his house wrapped, so he won't know until he opens it."

Azarial claims, "Contest"

Asala declares, "We don't need mercury, we have Leo!"

Emma starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Margaux declaims to Emma, "I'm sure he'll appreicate it!"

Kinaed states, "We should create a spell for water mages to temporarily poison wells."

Emma finishes her note.

Barcus is no longer idle.
Barcus has returned from AFK.

Emma trails off, "And spoil all the food in a room..."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Asala claims, "Save the milk."

Leofrick says to Kinaed, "YES PLEASE."

Emma states, "YES ASALA."

Emma states, "Just to rub it in superstition's nose a bit."

Kinaed claims, "Apparently we already have crafting recipes for bath tubs, by the way."

Margaux says, "Call the spell 'Leofrick's Bathtime Fun'"

Asala states, "All the poor Fariners won't have anything to drink. But I like it."

Leofrick exclaims, "Heh!"

Emma claims, "RoflMarg."

Azarial says, "If the lithmorrans would quit letting the grape juice spoil, there would be plenty to drink"

Asala questions, "Also, sort of not really related. Are private baths supposed to get dirty after every use?"

Asala declares to Azarial, "Exactly!"

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Merchants guild makes more money selling it that way."

Emma claims to Kinaed, "The washbasin would be different from a bathtub, a bit! Removes blood and gore and dirty, but doesn't give you bathed. Sort of like a quicker, but more temporary solution to bathing."

Leofrick queries to Asala, "I think they were supposed to but that changed?"

Temi says to Emma, "There's no ode for that now"

Temi states, "Yeah, it's miss-settings if they are getting dirty on every use"

Kinaed claims to Emma, "We'd have to program it, and it seems like a lesser return when a bathtub can just be strung like a basin."

Asala wonders, "So if mine does, I should make a note for it?"

Emma mumbles about tiny, insignificant details.

Temi states, "Typo note probably."

Temi nods at Asala.

Asala nods.

Kinaed says, "So if you have a bathtub that gets dirty with every use, please request board to us."

Asala declaims, "Okay, thanks!"

Asala doesn't want lice.

Azarial says, "Or typo, since the builders check that first"

Barcus claims, "The Handyman: Legacy."

Kinaed says, "Typos are non-urgent though, player requests are considered urgent."

Kinaed states, "If it relates to a phome, it should be a request board."

Leofrick states, "I want a dirty bathtub to breed lice."

Emma says, "Damn it Leofrick"

Leofrick wonders what husbandry skill rank that would take.

Margaux pontificates to Leofrick, "Train them into your lovely pets and used them to take over the world!"

Leofrick claims, "Of course! They will add into my.... lovelies."

Margaux claims to Leofrick, "Or at least increase soap sales by 200%. *invests*"

Merick wonders, "Here's a stupid question, is there a way to clean out say, a fountain, that has dirty water in it?"

Margaux says, "Help masonry"

Taunya states, "See help masonry"

Merick trails off, "Well son of a... lol"

Merick states, "Thanks for that"

Margaux asks, "Wait, you can graffiti walls? How do you do that?"

Azarial claims, "Papercraft"

Emma says, "...Gasp."

Leofrick trails off, "And I was never told of all this..."

Emma starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi claims, "It's still unreleased, I believe"

Asala queries, "Will that be part of the new papercraft business or can we do that now?"

Azarial says to Leofrick, "'help random'"

Temi states, "But that's coming."

Asala says, "Ee, nevermind."

Temi states, "I'm... not sure when it's going to be finalized. It was close a while ago."

Kinaed questions, "Do we know when that's likely to be available, Az?"

Emma finishes her note.

Margaux trails off, "I have so many poems ready to graffiti up..."

Asala is excited for new papercraft stuff.

Leofrick states to Azarial, "It is too much effort, busy staying alive and going through help random is... a bit much. xD"

Kinaed claims, "Oh dear."

Azarial states, "Umm. not right off hand; i've been listening for the ledger spec more than anything"

Temi starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi finishes her note.

Kinaed says to Azarial, "Thanks. I'll follow it up. :)"

Azarial trails off to Leofrick, "Hole up, idling, nothing to craft...help random to kill time and look for qp"

Emma starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Leofrick says to Azarial, "I've no holes. :("

Leofrick trails off, "There is no pun there..."

Kinaed has transferred Romeo. [OOC]

Emma finishes her note.

Azarial states, "Good job! ...or the knights don;t have bows."

Temi gives a colorful flower, made of ample layers of petal-thin cloth to Romeo.

Azarial states, "Or reeves, for that matter. not sure right off hadn what youl;d need a hole for"

Temi states to Emma, "Or maybe I'm confusing people."

Emma claims to Temi, "There's too many of us and we all look alike."

Temi states to Emma, "You do."

Leofrick declaims to Emma, "Smith!"

Emma trails off, "Smiiith... ;_;"

Kinaed claims, "Oh look, 9am my time, means our chat time is over."

Kinaed says, "Everyone hug your neighbor, it's time to get going."

Leofrick waveth!

Romeo claims, "It was a nice, long chat."

Esmerelde hugs a neighbor.

Kinaed smiles.

Taunya hugs and waves.

Kinaed says, "Thanks for coming everyone. Please remember to take a moment to vote for TI to keep us visible."

Merick hugs everyone

Margaux runs screaming.

Kinaed declares, "It'll help get other players to come play with you!"

Leofrick claims, "Keep your doors open too, can't get in through locked doors.."

Kinaed states, "Beyond that, if you haven't written a review for awhile, please consider doing so."

Emma hugs Margaux and pets her and does various other sappy, cuddly things.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "Okay, transferring everyone back now. Enjoy the game this week and catch you all next week. :)"

• Information