Log of Ooc meeting for 9/17/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Silrie

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:06 pm

Temi has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe
Temi says, "Alright, our agenda today is 1) Staff Updates, 2) Player Heartbeat, 3) Player Topics."
Temi questions, "Does anyone have any topics to add to the list now?"
Laxus queries, "Does my thing just go in number 3? :)"
Temi says, "Yep, I've got you."
Esmerelde says, "I'd like to check something on diseases."
Temi nods at Esmerelde.
Temi asks, "Okay. Anyone else?"
Vicannia has nothing
Temi says, "Alright, then we'll go ahead with staff updates."
Temi declares, "I'll start!"
Temi states, "Not a whole lot from me. Some request boards, some recommends procesed, and I added the holes in the newbie starting gear, so all regions should start decent now."
Temi queries, "And that's me. Az! Do you have an update for us?"
Vicannia wonders, "Are hillmen ever truly decent?"
Evrald says, "Nope. But we're all used to it."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Mostly bugs this weeks."
Temi claims, "Their clothing can be, though I didn't actually update them at all, since they should be fully clothed, and aren't a standard starter race."
Temi nods at Azarial.
Vicannia was meaning it more as a joke.
Temi grins at Vicannia.
Temi claims, "I know."
Temi questions, "Alright. Ismael?"
Taunya claims, "(Charali)The NPCs should be wearing the clothing for their race, right? They all still seem to be wearing Lithmorran stuff last I checked though."
Praen has transferred Merces. [OOC]
Temi claims, "I think so? If they loaded before, it would have no effect."
Temi gives a doll-size market stall to Merces.
Gaggable keepalive command.
Ismael says, "I've got a lot tacked this week, I think! Apart from a requests, mapping, some bug testing, some typos, recommends and getting the assets ready to be checked (though expect a revision or two), I've worked with players to begin writing the wiki and we've done a great job I think. So far we have a nice homepage and two very nice-looking portals; you can check our progress here: http://bit.ly/2clSAEN"
Ismael states, "Here's a list of milestones we accomplished this week and milestones we want to set for next week: http://bit.ly/2d9gMf2"
Ismael says, "986 edits and counting so far. :)"
An elegant beeswax taper dyed to a myriad of oceanic shades flares momentarily blue in Silrie's hands.
A blue spirit ball burning with chill flames flares momentarily blue.
A roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick flares momentarily blue in Ismael's hands.
A roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick flares momentarily blue in Praen's hands.
Temi claims, "Crazy! Well done, folks. Keep it up."
Silrie snuffs an elegant beeswax taper dyed to a myriad of oceanic shades.
Ismael stops using a roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick.
Vicannia declares, "Wooh! it's not the horribly ugly wikia layout/model, but the nice one"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Candles in ooc rooms won;t consume their timer"
Taunya lights a roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick.
Ismael declaims, "Check out the sidebar for domains & culture!"
Temi muses, "Anything else Ismael?"
Ismael declaims, "Those are the best changes. If anyone wants to contribute, send me a tell!"
Ismael exclaims, "Nope!"
Temi wonders, "Okay, Zabris?"
Zabris says, "(Eld)This past week I took care of a few typo notes, and did some planning for the "mobprog builder training ground". Also just barely began a project to get our helpfiles readable on the website, and hopefully easily searchable."
Temi asks, "Awesome, thanks. Anything else?"
Zabris shakes his head.
Temi wonders, "Okay, and our new Praen?"
Evrald pontificates, "Poke the Bubblebee!"
Temi pokes Praen a little bit.
Praen exclaims, "(Tubori)Sshh!"
Ismael pokes Praen too.
Praen declaims, "(Tubori)I've gotten familiar with many of the day-to-day duties; requests, typos, and the like. I've got my first event mostly ready -- this one is focused on the Brotherhood, giving them something sinister to do. That's just waiting on a very few more things before a date is set. I've got a few more ideas of more guild-specific events to get in the works as well -- if you'd like to see a certain 'type' of story run for your guild, or for the wider City in general, please let me know! Getting out stories that make ya'll have fun is my priority!"
Ismael smiles.
Temi queries, "Excellent, anything else?"
Praen exclaims, "(Tubori)And that's it for me!"
Gothan cheers!
Merces beams
Silrie hides her silver.
Temi pontificates, "Okay then! Player heartbeat!"
Tacitus pontificates, "Fun!"
Temi muses, "How's RP this week? How's everything feeling? Any issues we should know about?"
Tacitus ahems and waits.
Tacitus pontificates, "Fun!"
Silrie shrugs.
Silrie claims, "Irritating."
Gothan states, "I've been pretty absent this week due to work commitments, but should be ramping up the activity from this week on :D"
Ismael queries, "Irritating why? :("
Esmerelde claims, "I've been having a good time getting settled with the character."
Taunya claims, "(Charali)Mostly quiet due to stuff, but there was Taunya's new disfigurement so not all bad."
Silrie states, "But most of that is due to IC things. 'Cept, I'm not a huge fan on the whole "osay for last word without seeking clarification on things" and then leaving so nobody can respond."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Tattoos can be used for scars"
Silrie has a few tattoo scars... need to get more...
Silrie says, "They do take wear slots though, just keep that in mind."
Temi nods at Silrie.
Vicannia says, "But you can still put items above on those slots"
Silrie nods.
Taunya says, "(Charali)Might get one for my feet, since it's annoying to describe it every time the shoes come off. and it's almost always her feet that get injured for some reason"
Vicannia claims, "Easiest way to cripple your opponent is to aim for the legs"
Evrald muses, "Do the Deer know that too?"
Taunya exclaims to Evrald, "(Charali)Seem to!"
Temi states, "People should really only be using Osays for clarifications and such. If there's an ongoing problem with lots of it from someone, do let us know and we can look into it and remind them."
Temi questions, "Well, anything else on anyone's mind? Anything shitting anyone?"
Azarial says, "(Daravi)And osays tend to cost xp in most situations"
Evrald says, "I've had too much work this week."
Evrald trails off, "Oh... you meant in the game..."
Vicannia claims, "But in all reality azarial it is such a small amount of xp. "
Evrald states, "Nevermind. >_>"
Temi states, "Well, we can't do anything about that, sorry."
Temi grins at Evrald.
Silrie nods to Temi with a small smile. "Thanks. But that's it for me, really. I hope rp gets better soon; it's really stressful the way it is right now. I mean, a growing experience, but hard to play continually."
Laxus states, "I've got stuff but it's wrapped into my topic/thingy"
Temi queries, "Okay, well, then, that sounds like a good transition into player topics. Laxus, can you introduce your topic for us please?"
Vicannia trails off, "And nothing shitting me, aside from trying to figure out to get my character killed without it being faked or staged... "
Evrald states, "Temi, it's seems the osay incident was more of an isolated thing from one person who was cloaked so they could just have the last word and leave without having to deal with the outcome."
Zabris has to step out, sorry.
Praen waves to Zabris.
Zabris leaves in a swirling mist. [OOC]
Tacitus sadfaces at Vicannia.
Temi nods at Evrald.
Vicannia claims, "It's not vicannia whom I am looking at offing."
Tacitus nods at Vicannia.
Silrie pontificates, "I was gonna say. Don't diiiiie!"
Evrald puts away the knife. "Oh... ok... Nevermind then."
Silrie kicks Evrald.
Praen exclaims, "(Tubori)If you want something bad to happen to one of your characters, let me know! I can totally help out with that!"
Praen trails off, "(Tubori)(That's to everyone, mind. I like being mean. Err I could say that better.... 'I'm a horrible person.'? No, that's no better...)"
Temi queries to Vicannia, "Come a long way from.. what was it... characters not lasting more than a month?"
Temi grins at Vicannia.
Ismael claims to Praen, "You're the new bubblebee is the word."
Vicannia trails off, "Would rather it be a spontaneous type of death... Misune's had his run, but I'd rather him go out doing what he does best. And yeah temi... Now my characters are lasting seemingly years and it gets harder to kill them off... almost miss the days of month long characters"
Temi wonders to Laxus, "Still with us?"
Laxus asks, "Oh yes, I am.. is it time for me to throw down a paragraph bomb? :P"
Temi pontificates, "Yes please!"
Laxus declares, "Alright, so my topic has to do with combat and efficiencies. I won't get into the finer details in this but I wanted to bring up mattack and my opinion that it is slightly overtuned. Or maybe I was just really unlucky. I plan to make a forum/board post with greater detail but I feel like with Laxus's stats, I should not have been critically hit 4 out of 5 mattacks. All it took was 5 hits to drop me to unconscious. I've mentioned it to other players that have had similar experiences and would just like to discuss it if possible. I know that magic attacks are neutral against all defenses and maybe my exact circumstances were the bigger cause but by the time I could respond to someone at max range I was already under half health and rendered inefficient to counter attack. I hit for glancing with the two hits I managed to get and have 75 sword. (If this topic should just be addressed somewhere else, I understand! Also sorry for the poorly structured post, drinking wine is a bad idea always for my ability to write)"
Laxus says, "The question is, should mattack kill someone with nearly 400 health in 5 hits :)"
Vicannia trails off, "You know, I actually ran into this with misune... It only took like 5 attacks for Vaxin to get him dangerously close down, and on top of that never got a single hit in due to range... Mattack seems a bit more potent in recent times than it did in the past"
Laxus says, "I got 2 hits in, and did minimal damage"
Temi claims, "5 hits sounds about what I would expect for something hitting strongly... but we should maybe do some comparisons against everything else again if everybody is noticing this."
Praen says, "(Tubori)Range doesn't completely remove the ability to attack anymore, I don't believe."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Mattack can be rangeless."
Laxus queries, "Well, from what I read mattack was not supposed to stand toe to toe with weapons?"
Silrie trails off, "It doesn't... save in these few circumstances..."
Vicannia says, "When your target is extended range, and you have a sword it does affect the ability to attack"
(visnet) Player Violet: Any staff about for a tell?
Temi claims, "Mattack shouldn't be as strong as a weapon, but should be stronger than fists."
(visnet) Staff Ismael: Sure!
Silrie states, "The mage in question may have had strong defenses of their own."
Laxus states, "The mage in question was using the wrong defense"
Vicannia wonders, "Oh, this actually does remind me of something. Temi if I could be added to the topic list?"
Laxus states, "Unless it doesn't matter as much as I thought it would"
Temi states, "We'll put on the list to do testing and making sure things are in line. But yeah, their defense could be strong against sword."
Temi nods at Vicannia.
Laxus says, "They were using footwork, not parry"
Taunya says, "(Charali)I had a thought as well, but just if there's time."
Vicannia says, "Alot of factors play into defense, more than just what defense"
Laxus claims, "I figured grandmaster sword would do more damage than scratches. And the other thing someone mentioned was that they may have had full armor on. Which is fine, except that should hinder magic use (in my opinion)"
Temi states to Laxus, "Anything else on it? Az is cloning up some test characters for us on this."
Temi claims, "Armor doesn't hinder magic use, no."
Laxus says, "I have all kinds of stuff that I could say/speculate, I design game systems, but no I'll leave it at that and make a thorough forum post"
Temi nods.
Vicannia claims, "And armor doesn't do jack squat to protect against magic.. which I find odd but kind of understandable.. ethereal forces and all that"
Temi wonders, "Okay, Esmerelde?"
Laxus claims, "Praen Grandmaster weapon and master defense, I was literally shredded"
Silrie states, "I think those were put in because mattack had its limitations against weapons"
Laxus says, "Well that was supposed to be a tell but meh"
Silrie claims, "Range, armor immunity, etc"
Esmerelde says, "Yep! So, I'm concerned about the length of diseases. I've been trying to see how long stage 1 of a disease should last and it's been since the introduction of diseases, and I'm still on stage 1"
Esmerelde says, "And I've been playing or logged in for a couple hours most days."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)It only elapses while online."
Esmerelde says, "I think the durations may be too long, given its only online time. At his rate it'd last for months."
Temi muses, "We'll have to see what Kin thinks. Has anyone else had experiences with the length of diseases?"
Laxus says, "I had 5 diseases in 5 days, but since the fixes I've been good"
Evrald claims, "A belated note on the combat thing"
Esmerelde claims, "Okay, thanks."
Temi nods at Evrald.
Evrald claims, "To the best of my knowledge, Mattack is one of the weakest forms of damage in the game. The Mage in question may have had really high stats compared to yours as well as really high magical skills making him do 'that' much damage. I think Taunya was recently able to two-shot hunt something the other day with master level on a combat skill whereas I take 5 or 6 hits with adept."
Silrie hasn't gotten a disease in a few weeks or more and she's actually done things that should have gotten her sick. I know some feel they're too rampant, but I've not been over-plagued by them.
Laxus trails off, "Well, I've got grandmaster sword, master dodge, 85 str, and 90 dex..."
Evrald states, "And if it's the mage I think it is, he has pretty much one of the best sets of armor the game is possibly of having"
Laxus states, "70 con"
Temi nods.
Temi says, "Yeah, we'll test with the actual people n question."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)There are bonusses to scoring high on the crit table"
Evrald states, "I think the mage in question has... 95-98 on all of his stats through magic and pure input of XP to stats"
Temi questions, "Okay, Vicannia, you had a topic for us?"
Vicannia clears throat "So yeah, what I wanted to bring up was regarding Charge, which for those that don't know is used to close distances in combat. My thing is if your character is mounted during combat, there should be a modifier or something to perhaps achieve the desired range, since horses are obviously faster than a person and could probably close the gap or extend it far quicker than a person."
Praen has transferred Emma. [OOC]
Temi gives a doll-size market stall to Emma.
Laxus states, "All I'm getting from this then is mattack isn't supposed to do that much damage, unless its specific people, in which case too bad for you. And to tack onto Vicannia's draw, charge and attack as three separate actions is brutal. "
Evrald declares, "Probably not someone to be hunted solo. :) Look for help next time! Sorry for the continuation, just a recommendation, look for help in the future to kill mages, they aren't 1 person targets :p"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Groups will out weigh a single heavy hitter"
Vicannia shudders as they remember dagerian
Temi queries to Vicannia, "So basically a bonus to charge distance when mounted?"
Vicannia states, "Basically"
Vicannia says, "More so the chance of success versus actual distance"
Silrie says to Evrald, "Late, but I think he was ambushed, he didn't go seeking the insanity."
Laxus claims, "Yes, I understand the group mentality, there was something in that scene OOCly that I misjudged. Nevermind, I'll just make a forum post. Thought I wasn't the only person that thought mattack was tuned high but that's fine "
Emma states, "I also think it's a bit overpowered."
Laxus claims, "If mattack is meant to kill someone in 5 hits, I'll just live with that fact"
Laxus claims, "And avoid combat entirely"
Temi says to Vicannia, "Hm, it's an idea, though we don't have a lot of full support for mounted combat in general."
Emma states, "I went from full health to negative 90 or more in 3 rounds."
Emma states, "Not on Emma. On a combat geared character."
Vicannia says to Temi, "It was just an idea. I mean in logic it makes sense, but I wasn't sure if code could actually support it"
Vicannia claims, "But it never hurts to bring up the idea"
Emma claims, "It might have been more than negative 90, actually. I remember it being pretty crazy."
Temi claims, "We'll be testing the combat stuff. My thoughts on 5 hits were probably that that would be where weapons would hit with a strong opponent, so it doesn't sound crazy."
Laxus states, "I took an average of 80 damage per attack, the opener was about 100"
Emma claims, "Looked through log -- 370 damage in 3 rounds."
Temi claims, "We'll make sure that mattack isn't stronger than regular weapons."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)I think combat was deisgned to be over in five rounds, but will check with kin"
Temi says, "But, you could be up against someone that if they were specialized in regular weapons would be even more crazy."
Temi nods at Azarial.
Vicannia is so glad there is not some mage spell like Iron flesh. That would be terrible for combat
Temi wonders, "Okay, Taunya, did you have a topic for us?"
Laxus states, "Well, I have 75 sword and it did nothing, but yeah I'll stop :)"
Temi claims, "Like I said, we'll test."
Taunya claims, "(Charali)Sorry, lost my paragraph, a second, I'll type up a quick thing"
Silrie settles in now for the remainder of the chat, no longer distracted b adorable toddlers. D
Vicannia claims, "Your rank in weapon doesn't matter a whole much. Misune only mastered Sword, and managed to beat someone who grandmastered it with a damascus sword. Comes down to hp, defenses, and luck of the hit, aka hit and miss"
Evrald says, "Shameful knight only mastered Sword."
Taunya wonders, "(Charali)So I know you can't guard a direction against a single cloaked character, but guard all works, my question/concern is if cloaked characters are able to target a single character with guard? I think likewise they should only be able to guard all"
Merces is idle.
Evrald pontificates, "Feh!"
Vicannia states, "And for clarification, other person had damascus, not misune."
Silrie trails off, "Hmmm..."
Vicannia seconds Taunya's recommendation
Temi wonders to Azarial, "I'm not aware of anything about guarding against a cloaked person? Is that a known issue?"
Azarial states, "(Daravi)I changed a string output."
Praen declares, "(Tubori)I'll step away for now. Caio!"
Praen melts into a pool of honey and evaporates in a swirl of aureate liquid. [OOC]
Testerk has left the game.
Temi says, "I don't think ICly there's any reason why it would be prevented, so might just be a code limitation"
Tacitus is idle.
Taunya states, "(Charali)One second, it gave a specific message regarding blocking a cloaked character. this was a month or so ago, so things may have changed since then"
Testerk has left the game.
Tacitus is no longer idle.
Tacitus has returned from AFK.
Testerk wanders into the vicinity. [login]
Azarial has transferred Testerk. [OOC]
Taunya claims, "(Charali)Sorry, can't seem to find the log, might have been before I switched to this client."
Merces is no longer idle.
Merces has returned from AFK.
Taunya states, "(Charali)I'll post on the forums instead"
Temi pontificates, "That's okay. Yeah, post up on the forums!"
Temi questions, "Alright. Anything else from anyone?"
Laxus pontificates, "Wishing there was a refund time/xp from training useless skills, but that's me just frustrated and bitter. Beam me away! "
Silrie wishes that too... but alas. Suppose it wouldn't be realistic; you don't get time back if you just forget a skill...
Temi declares, "Alright, sending everyone back then!"
Emma twirls Silrie.
Taunya waves.
Taunya snuffs a roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick.
Gothan screams
Merces has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Tacitus has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Emma has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Evrald has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Gothan has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Esmerelde has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Laxus has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Vicannia has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Temi has transferred Silrie.

• Information