Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed listens to the crickets.

Ismael has transferred Evrald. [OOC]

Ismael states, "What a tune, them."

Kinaed states, "Okay, let's kick off with Staff Updates."

Misune is trying to think of something if that counts for anything

Ismael gives a merchant doll with a long cloak attached to its shoulders to Evrald.

Evrald says, "Ooo doll"

Merick chuckles

Ismael declares, "A pouch-doll!"

Merick states, "I don't have much of anything I'm just here."

Evrald opens a merchant doll with a long cloak attached to its shoulders.

Ismael examines Merick closely momentarily.

Diana claims, "It's adorable! Okay sorry shutting up."
Ismael gives a merchant doll with a long cloak attached to its shoulders to Merick.

Ismael gives a merchant doll with a long cloak attached to its shoulders to Margaux.

Ismael gives a merchant doll with a long cloak attached to its shoulders to Misune.

Ismael claims, "I'm sorry if I missed anyone; I was juggling around transporting people and telling people and preparing my staff update."

Ismael declaims, "Send me a tell if you don't have a doll!"

Kinaed claims, "Last week, I approved some recommends, answered a few requests, wrote up some stuff so that staff also have activity requirements so I can weed out inactives up here, and a spec to patch up some places where staff were receiving unwanted IC info so they're not accidentally exposed to stuff they don't want to see."

Kinaed claims, "I still have Automated Jail and the roles spec, though I turned over the draft of the Roles Spec to Az to start slowly cracking on whilst I consider the interface still (that's the only bit that still needs to be done)"

Kinaed states, "That's it for me; Azarial, it's your turn. :)"

Azarial claims, "Diseases should be working as intended. city reports should be working as intended. assorted bugs, crashes, and initial work on the roles spec."

Ismael gives a merchant doll with a long cloak attached to its shoulders to Kyra.

Kinaed states, "Oh, Az added some additional City Report feedback (type City Report) to help players know the cycle, etc (Temi designed it! Please let us know of any changes or additions you'd like for that)."

Azarial states, "The typos are resolved; it does not generate the data on the fly so this tuesday should clear them out"

Kinaed states, "Er, early pregnancy nausea has been brought in line with some of the nausea diseases so people who get it won't immediately know which they have (a doctor can tell you)."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Diana states, "All the typos? including the lotion one? Sorry I submitted that a week or so ago, just curious."

Azarial says, "I do not have any typos on my board, so probably."

Kinaed states, "We have 30 typos on the typo board, so I think some aren't done."

Kinaed has transferred Kylar. [OOC]

Ismael gives a merchant doll with a long cloak attached to its shoulders to Kylar.

Kinaed wonders, "Any other questions for Az? :)"

Diana states, "Marvelousness, sorry for the interruption, I return you to your usual programming."

Kinaed states to Diana, "Please don't apologize, this meeting is everyone's, and there is no interruption. :)"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, Ismael - your turn. :)"

Ismael trails off, "This last week I've done a lot of things; I'm -just- a single step away from the Assets Spec and I am hoping I can have it finished this week. I'm probably the most impatient to have it approved ASAP, because I love the system. I wish I could show it to you guys but it still needs a few tweaks. I am showing off the POLCAs to the staff after this meeting however so... you guys can fanboy with me.

I've also devised a system to better track what we us staffers do, like # of reports or # of recommends approved but it still sits in the approval / denying row. It was definitely a creative week for me so far.

Other than that..."

Ismael states, "I've done requests, recommends and been there for visnets and whatnot. I'm hoping to get more mapping done this week."

Ismael states, "Oh, and the Manus plot which will have its new chapter this Monday, hopefully."

Kinaed states, "Ismael also kindly offered to run this meeting when I said I didn't think I could make it. Thank you, Ismael."

Ismael smiles.

Asala asks, "Assets Spec?"

Kinaed says to Asala, "We're going to replace purchase silver with an asset system."

Asala claims, "Ah."

Asala nods.

Ismael states, "We want to work on the economy so that it finally works in a simple yet realistic way. Those who do not want to worry about assets nor metrics can simply buy an asset and have it pool money in their bank, and though it will go up and down, it'll simply work alone. However, for those who make silver-making their focus, there is going to be a simplistic yet interesting way to make silver in an effective way, keep investing in more assets, and eventually reaching their goal. Our focus is to have a system where city metrics will define when the economy crashes or when the economy grows, while letting the players have the opportunity to micro-manage their own businesses (assets & IG businesses) so that they work in an effective way, preventing the crashes or predicting them and working to take the most out of these. All in all, we want city metrics and assets to add an optional facet to players who want to make silver their focus."

Evrald claims, "Speaking of which... When that is closer, those of us who're doing lost of imports and exports and the like will be researching asset stuff a lot."

Ismael says, "That's the assets' overview of the system which we've had since its inception, for a summary of what you guys can expect."

Kinaed states to Asala, "The idea is that when a character creates, they can create an asset that provides their weekly income. It can be anything from a job to a farm or a business or a family inheritance, etc."

Ismael has transferred Taunya. [OOC]

Ismael gives a merchant doll with a long cloak attached to its shoulders to Taunya.

Asala declaims, "Sounds interesting!"

Merick asks of Kinaed, "So how will that work for people already on the map?"

Ismael pontificates to Evrald, "So far the system is very simple to understand but offers its fair share of challenge!"

Kinaed nods at Evrald.

Misune trails off, "Question, how does this account for changes in social status? Like when a Knight is well knighted, they are typically made gentry. Not because of wealth but... some reason"

Kinaed says to Merick, "You'll just get a starting asset you can define like anyone in chargen."

Margaux states, "Can I get a retrans please? Got RL things to do unfortunately."

Ismael muses, "What of it, Misune?"

Margaux has been transferred out by Ismael. [OOC]

Kinaed claims to Misune, "Ismael's spec is to answer some of those things."

Merick claims, "Okay."

Kinaed hasn't read it in full yet.

Misune muses, "Well my understanding is that one's status is also definied by their asset? I remember reading something like that in a prior chat log"

Ismael says, "This represents the income, however, not the social ascension."

Kinaed says, "I *think* there are different social class assets that you can get on chargen. It might just be a matter of upgrading a person's asset to a gentry-sized one."

Ismael says, "Oh, yes, totally: there are requirement flags."

Ismael claims, "For example, Freeman flags. Or Support flags that require that you have a positive support rating to get the income of the asset."

Misune questions, "Ok... and most importantly you said you have to purchase assets... how do you purchase them? XP I take it"

Kinaed states, "No, like the way you purchase class or skills."

Ismael says, "In chargen it's XP. In the game we plan to implement trading assets or some sort of way to buy assets from others."

Diana claims, "I hope a help file will follow soon after the system has been released? Because all this sounds complicated, and I'm a particularly daft individual who needs things explained to her multiple times, in multiple ways, as exemplified by my many questions over visnet."

Kinaed grins at Diana.

Ismael says, "But the trading of assets won't come on the first version."

Kinaed states to Diana, "Yes, of course."

Ismael states to Diana, "Don't be afraid! It shall be easy to use."

Kylar grins at Diana.

Merick exclaims to Ismael, "But, but, nothing good is ever easy!"

Merick whistles, grinning.

Diana says to Ismael, "I'm afraid, very afraid, but I do trust your word that it will be easy to use."

Taunya questions, "Sorry I'm late and if it's already answered, but could purchase silver remain available just in chagen for a quick boost of starting cash?"

Misune is in the same boat of Diana "I just hope it will be a very detailed helpfile... I just worry alot about how this will affect some of the smaller things, like merchants primarily

Kylar is a bit worried about that. Novices barely get by as it is.

Ismael states to Merick, "Well, for those who want a complex economical game you surely can get delved into the system, or you can just sit on your asset and let it run automatically."

Kinaed says to Taunya, "We intend to remove purchase silver, but will provide starting coin."

Merick trails off to Ismael, "Well if I ever get my whole forge business going..."

Diana exclaims, "Wait, you're removing purchase silver altogether? so then... oh no, what if we need silver quick? Oh man!"

Gothan exclaims, "Then you've gotta work for a living!"

Asala declaims, "Or have people work for you!"

Kylar supposes saving will become a much more frequent thing.

Diana states, "Well yeah, you do, but sometimes more money comes out than in."

Ismael states, "You have money in the bank or you wait a week for your asset to pool you money; it won't be as immediate as it is right now, however."

Kinaed claims to Diana, "If you need silver quick, do what people do irl and hit up a buddy."

Kinaed states, "Or the bank."

Misune trails off, "Will that starting coin be able to be chosen by the player, based on some currency they have, whether it be xp or qp... Because as I said in a chat before, if you can't purchase silver in the start, it mucks with any character concept that is suppose to come into the game, basically flaunting their money"

Kylar states, "That is true, butlaugh kin"

Kylar queries, "Will the bank offer loans, then?"

Merick points at Misune

Kinaed says to Misune, "As I said, you will have silver available to you at the outset of chargen."

Azarial states, "The bcg might"

Ismael states, "I believe Reeves are the ones known to offer loans but that's up to the current GL."

Misune trails off, "I started a character who purchased wealth twice before ever setting foot out of chargen... "

Kinaed claims, "I think the Merchants and Brotherhood do too. Some are probably better to owe money to than others."

Misune states, "And it's not the reeves, but the merchants who are known to offer loans"

Merick chuckles

Evrald claims, "Here I was thinking the Brotherhood might offer loans with very 'reasonable' rates."

Fyurii nods. "BCG, Merchants, and Reeves should be more then able to offer loans. The Order might, as well."

Diana queries, "Wait so when the asset thing comes in, will we not have the 250 silver that comes to gentry every week? Will that change too?"

Asala says, "Just watch your knees."

Azarial says, "Yes"

Kinaed states to Diana, "I imagine the amounts people get weekly will be balanced against what they get now."

Misune imagines a world with a bunch of broke-ass nobles and gentry...

Kinaed says, "Asset output will be modified by the economic city metric."

Diana says, "Yes Misune, that is my thought exactly, it is hurting my little brain."

Evrald imagines a world with a bunch of filthy rich Merchants... oh wait.

Ismael says, "Let's not forget that we're probably one of the very few MUDs that outposts this amount of silver immediately and off the bat! :) This system is supposed to make all of this realistic."

Leofrick claims to Evrald, "We think alike... you and I."

Evrald declares, "It's a good time to be a Merchant people. Enroll today! :p"

Merick declaims, "Where'smystuffmerchant!"

Merick coughs

Fyurii keeps quiet on the thematic aspect of the thing, just waits for it to hit and see where it takes the economy.

Ismael states, "If we have a bunch of poor nobles, us immortals can modify the assets types immediately."

Kinaed says to Fyurii, "Our hope is that, since people can self define where their money comes from, it should be thematic."

Misune claims, "If I wanted realism at every corner, as it seems this game is going, I would just leave the game and devote every second to real life"

Kinaed queries to Misune, "Do you realize how rude you sound?"

Evrald claims, "Maybe a corrupt father skimming coin off the donations"

Ismael states, "We are trying to let players offer a chance to tell stories; we have had many players who mention the issues of money not having any value to people."

Merick claims, "A lot of people are already having trouble being short on coin because a lot of things cost a lot of money"

Kinaed states to Misune, "You can say the exact same thing in a different way without being antagonistic."

Fyurii states, "Well it should positively effect the interaction between Gentry and Nobles, and I'm actually 8/10, bretty excited to see where it takes Gentry/Freeman interaction."

Ismael claims, "The assets is a chance to tell the stories you want and engage with metrics."

Diana says, "Well I don't mind the realism, I rather like it, I just think a little bit of leeway should be given. But for the most part, I think all of us, me especially are afraid of the change, because we've grown used to, and like the way things are now."

Kylar honestly makes most of his silver through beig paid by other pac, so perhaps this will not be as scary as he thought.

Kylar states, "Pcs"

Misune says, "It wasn't meant to be rude, but more of a fact. Alot of the changes lately have been in favor of realism. Diseases being a large example. I don't want to have to manage my finances in real life and in a make-believe game"

Misune says, "At least not to the level I have to in real life"

Ismael states to Misune, "You can sit on your assets and they pool money on your bank account or you can get delved into the system."

Diana claims, "That doesn't necessarily mean the change is bad, just that it's frightening, because no one wants to end up broke."

Ismael says, "The system is particularly simple to just ignore."

Kinaed states to Merick, "Then there'll likely be very little impact since the amount of money people are getting now is intended to be the same with the asset system. THe asset system simply is linked to city metrics, has the ability to grow, and allows people to ICly define where their money coems from and improve it."

Ismael claims, "It's up to you if you try to micro manage or not manage at all."

Ismael says, "How can you micromanage? Well, your income goes up and down depending on metrics."

Ismael states, "If you're a farm, you want to keep an eye on the economics system."

Kylar trails off, "Will freemen be able to improve it if something comes along icly that they are able to sink their hands into, even if they have assetts already defined? Granted, there's a cap, I'm sure, but..."

Kinaed says to Kylar, "Yes, the intent is to give everyone something they CAN choose to do - but don't have to."

Asala says, "I'm just curious, since most of the money I use comes from purchasing silver. So interested to see if I can match that in the new system."

Asala says, "Amount wise, anyway."
Ismael claims to Kylar, "Yes: you have a Basic Farm and you suddenly get a huge flow of income. You make it an Advanced Farm (you buy an asset that makes more cash with the same income in easy terms)."

Ismael says, "With the same input* sorry."

Kylar thought it was scary at first but now is rather excited to see how it plays out. Worried for merchants, but still excited. it may force merchants to do more for silver in order to help novices, loans, etc.

Evrald asks, "Actually Kylar brings up a good point... Is there a cap that those of us who would be micro-managing would hit?"

Kinaed states, "Assets can also provide non-monetary benefits, so a person can choose to get apples from their farm as an example, instead of cash."

Ismael says, "Yes, what Kinaed said."

Kylar gives Ismael a thumbs up

Diana says, "Lol okay the apple thing is amusing."

Ismael claims, "If you want to play a poor person but still survive (with food), you can."

Misune smirks to Ismael "The choice of wording makes me think of tropico or any game like that."

Ismael smiles at Misune.

Kinaed states to Evrald, "Yes, there is a cap on how much a person can access from any given asset based on the quality and class of the asset."

Ismael claims, "Well, there are many games that use the same 'micro manage or ignore' philosophy."

Tacitus is idle.
Kyra is idle.

Tacitus is no longer idle.
Tacitus has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "The way we see it, you can get into it and make it something, or you can do nothing and get about what you get now."

Diana wonders, "So wait, if we're only given one aset, as it seems, then how does micromanaging work?"

Ismael says to Diana, "YOu can get as many assets as you want with time."

Asala doesn't think she can survive on 200 silver a week.

Kyra is no longer idle.
Kyra has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims to Diana, "I haven't read the spec, and I'm not sure how far that's been defined. When the spec is done, we'll show it to people."

Merick begins to count their money.

Diana claims, "Oh i see! Hum... intersting and yeah, I'm in agreement, I don't think I'll be able to survive on that either, my char is hemmohraging money."

Misune leans real close to Asala and whispers "Just purchase a ton of silver beforehand and hoard it.

Ismael questions, "When did we ever throw 200 silver a week as a number?"

Evrald says, "I meant more along the lines of, is there a limit at which you can't get anymore assets or are unable to collect any more silver per week because of a cap. Or will there be no cap and be limited only to the amount of time and effort you feel like putting in"

Kylar likes the removal of the purchase silver temptation for characters who are meant to just be getting by on the skin of their teeth. Has played some in the past but always given into temptation when it got difficult.

Kylar laughs at Misune.

Asala says, "Never! Just if it's comparable to what I get now."

Misune states, "I think it was based on the comment that assets is suppose to be close to what current wages are, nobles at 200"

Asala nods.

Misune claims, "Or at least starting assets"

Asala claims, "I'm sure it will vary in practice."

Kinaed states, "Some of the point of this exercise is to make money valuable to people so that those who have it actually can offer people money to get them to do things. With purchase silver going away, it is possible we may need to adjust up the amount of silver weekly or even just at the outset to kick off, but it's something we'll get to and it will be reviewed."

Ismael claims, "I imagine nobles will get an asset for their lands, for example."

Kylar says, "Well, it offers something new, and while I'm by no means an old player, it adds something fresh in my opinion."

Kinaed nods at Asala.

Ismael nods at Kylar.

Evrald says, "Taxes for the nobility"

Kinaed says to Kylar, "I'm glad to hear that someone is excited about the prospect."

Misune imagines mailing being a large sinkhole of silver

Merick questions to Ismael, "This won't affect current wages, right?"

Asala says, "Time to tax all the peasantry."

Ismael states, "Depends: the automatic wages you get? It'll be replaced."

Kinaed says to Merick, "Not in terms of what guilds pay, etc, no"

Kylar says to Kinaed, "It was worrisome at first, but I like it the more I think on it."

Ismael says, "But guild pays no."

Taunya muses, "Roster?"

Kylar wonders to Kinaed, "I just like that you can say, this is what I do for a living and here's the stuff that backs it. For farms, can you say harvest time?"

Kinaed states to Taunya, "Not sure."

Ismael says, "I personally hope to expand the system through time to blend with guilds, and I believe Kinaed wanted to write a spec about sabotaging assets."

Kinaed states, "In theory, there could be an asset that is the management of the shop."

Misune wonders, "So wait... how does this work for guilds as well? Will they also be placed into the assets fund, even though a large part of their wages is suppose to be from the crown I believe?"

Evrald trails off, "I mean... I'm excited for it and someone I spoke with before was really excited about it too"

Ismael claims, "Right now it won't affect guilds."

Ismael claims, "In the long run I hope I can make it affect guilds but that's me speaking to the white moon."

Merick states, "Well there goes training"

Evrald says, "It just means that if you put in more effort for getting coin, you get more coin. If you don't want to, you still get coin."

Kinaed states to Misune, "No, right now guilds get money based on how their city metric is doing and their activity. So the Troubadours get 10 more silver per person, adjusted up or down based on how Morale is."

Misune trails off, "I was meaning the ic reasoning for that random money... "

Kinaed says, "Maybe it's 50. I can't remember."

Kinaed asks, "Any further questions or concerns you want to discuss on the asset system?"

Kinaed states to Misune, "Oh, sorry - I'm not sure I understand what you're asking."

Evrald muses, "Just to doublecheck, the cap is on the amount of silver you can acquire from 'each' asset rather than from a total number of assets, and there is or isn't a cap on the assets allowed to have?"

Kinaed claims, "I think so - I think you can get more than one."

Ismael states, "You can get more than one."

Kinaed states, "Everyone just starts with one."

Misune claims, "I was just meaning that assets seem like they are an ic thing, an ic reasoning. And my understanding was that the wages a guild receives was suppose to be from the crown or something like that, which was the ic excuse for the city metrics system"

Ismael wonders, "What about it, Misune?"

Azarial states, "Any wages paid to the guilds form the crown can be handled icly, if they exist--emma can set or remove those like any other guild."

Kinaed says, "No, it doesn't work quite that way... I'll talk to you offline to explain? But the money guilds receive isn't from the Crown."

Misune claims, "I was just clarifying my question earlier, which you already answered ismael"

Kinaed claims, "It's assumed to be money they earn based off their own IC operations."

Kinaed claims, "That's why it goes up with their activity. They don't owe anyone for that."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Evrald says, "Yea. I remember you mentioning before that you can have more than one asset, I just didn't know if there was a limit on the number of assets someone could have"

Kinaed says, "The payment system where the Crown is supporting some guilds won't change though."

Ismael claims, "That said, I want to finish the discussion saying that Assets will represent anything from 'Begging on the Streets' to 'Domain Taxes,' to 'Donations From Family.'"

Kinaed states to Evrald, "At this time, we haven't thought of that."

Evrald trails off, "Alright. I was thinking that not having a low limit would be nice unless some assets expire after a set amount of time... but that's my own opinion on it"

Ismael claims, "They have a decay rate."

Kylar states, "I like that you get what you work for, regardless of class. Though granted, a freemen's workload should be realistic as well as that of the other classes."

Kinaed questions, "I think the decay is just it going back to baseline though, right?"

Kylar says, "So you can't run 7 farms and expect to still stand at the end of the day"

Kinaed says to Kylar, "That makes senese, but is a layer of realism that we haven't considered and probably won't go to."

Kylar nods. "Easy enough to rp that out since online time varies for everyone

Ismael says, "Maybe we'll create a limit of assets based on INT, or something; I haven't thought of it."

Kylar says, "That'll probably limit what can be done I suppose"

Ismael says, "Or maybe you will need to hire someone to work for you to be able to hold more than X assets."

Ismael states, "That said, we haven't considered this side of the system at all."

Kinaed nods at Ismael.

Kylar trails off, "Oo, that's a good idea, ismael. it will promote rp for newbies who might be looking for work. or... well, oldbies too"

Kinaed states, "Right now, an asset is a polca obj that defines income and dumps money into your bank account on a weekly basis instead of your current income."

Taunya says, "Shouldn't make it more complicated than it has to be."

Ismael says, "Right now it's pretty much that."

Diana states, "Yeah, it's sounding uber complicated as is."

Misune trails off, "Or simply limit it based on social class... it makes no sense for a freeman to have more assets than a genty, though it may make more sense for a gentry to have more assets than a noble, since gentry are suppose to be more business centric"

Kylar states, "Gentry assetts would cost more, I think"

Ismael says, "What we need to consider regarding freemen having more assets than gentry is that.."

Taunya says to Misune, "My character has to be freeman since she's half-charali, but her father's still a filthy rich gentry. makes sense in some cases."

Kinaed claims, "It will allow the draw down of goods based on what you choose your asset to be, and the amount of money you get is a calculation that takes the asset size and city metric economy into account, that is it."

Kylar claims, "Earn more, so even if a freeman had 2 assetts and a gentry one, the gentry would still, I should think, earn more"

Ismael states, "Donations from your family can be an asset as it can be begging on the streets or scribing books for a nobleman."

Kinaed says, "From you, in chargen, you will purchase an asset and write a bit of a description. That's it."

Ismael states, "So a freeman can have three assets and still earn a bad pay, if that makes sense."

Ismael says, "Or they can have one asset that makes them a heck of a load."

Kinaed claims, "In terms of growing it, etc, that hasn't been worked out, neither has how players can sabotage or support one another's assets."

Leofrick is idle.

Kylar nods at Ismael.

Kylar states to Ismael, "That makes sense."

Misune trails off, "I sincerely hope other players can not affect that... we have enough sabotage and subterfuge that already has the potential to ruin people in game..."

Diana states, "Yeah, I'm kind of with Misune on this one."

Merick states, "Yup"

Kinaed states to Misune, "This game is about people interacting and impacting one another."

Leofrick is no longer idle.

Merick states to Kinaed, "And there's far more negative than positive."

Leofrick has returned from AFK.

Kinaed likes her theme dark.

Azarial states, "...we do advertise as dark."

Tacitus says, "I'm not sure this game is devised to be played as a super happy and bountiful farmer who gets all the ladies and never once has a conflict with another person."

Kinaed queries, "Any further questions on assets before we move on?"

Merick grins at Azarial

Evrald states, "Also Misune, as far as the class limits, keep in mind a majority of Merchant's are Freemen. So if you limit it based on class then a Gentry who isn't a Merchant but has a rich family, could be earning more from that rich family than a well established freeman merchant because Freeman isn't codedly allowed to make more than him"

Taunya queries to Kinaed, "Will we be getting a copy of the spec like when city metrics was coming in?"

Kinaed nods at Taunya.

Kinaed declares to Taunya, "Yep!"

Kinaed says, "We try to show players all of the bigger systems before they come in to get refinements and stuff."

Ismael pontificates, "When it's ready, yes!"

Evrald says, "I mean heck... what's the point of being a Merchant if you can't make buttloads of money."

Misune says, "Which is how it should be evrald... Gentry is defined by how much wealth you have. A merchant makes most of their money based on what they make, not some background stuff"

Ismael claims, "I'm sure this week we'll have to make a few revisions to bring the bad boy to the next OOC meeting."

Kinaed has transferred Jozafat. [OOC]

Ismael gives a merchant doll with a long cloak attached to its shoulders to Jozafat.

Jozafat eyes around warily.

Diana declares, "Joza!"

Diana hugs Jozafat.

Ismael states, "That said, with this merchant you can benefit a lot from being a merchant, yes."

Evrald states, "The 'background stuff' as you put it can also be imports and exports for various exotic goods."

Kinaed states, "You can also make money outside of assets the way merchants do - we're not changing the ability for people to craft and sell their stuff on top of this. It's just an IC explanation for your income that's tailored to you."

Jozafat smiles at Diana.

Taunya states to Misune, "I think it's based on social status as much as money made. there's probably many Charalin horse breeders that make more than most gentry, but they can never rise to that status outside the plains."

Kinaed states to Jozafat, "We're talking about the fact that Ismael was working on the asset spec."

Kinaed says, "I think we need to go onto the Player Heartbeat, we're running out of time."

Asala nods.

Kinaed queries, "So how was the game for everyone last week, folks? RP good? Anything shitting people that we ought to talk about?"

Evrald claims, "RP was good I suppose, got some stuff done, did some orders and the like."

Gothan claims, "Quiet week for me, but feels like some exciting things may be brewing up."

Kinaed smiles.

Jozafat claims, "A little slow for me, but had a few nice scenes."

Fyurii says, "Lots of folks died. I've been absent, more or less."

Taunya claims, "Good here, quite a bit happening."

Misune trails off, "Besides having several hours of rp nulled... no wait that was the entirety of my rp last week so it wasn't pleasant"

Kinaed states to Misune, "Sorry."

Misune trails off, "No worries... I'm not upset with staff..."

Diana says, "It was good! Yeah, there have been times when it was glacially slow, but it happens."

Kinaed says, "Oh, I should note - disease immunity seems to finally be working properly, so if you get sick once, you won't get sick again for at least one OOC month."

Diana declares, "Oh good!"

Misune wonders, "Sick with the same disease or any disease?"

Taunya exclaims, "Ahh nice! *goes to drink sewer water*"

Kinaed claims to Misune, "Any."

Gothan states, "So lets all start some infection parties! Get it outta the way at the start of the month."

Misune says, "Nice to know"

Merick states, "Oh god"

Merick laughs.

Evrald says, "Reminds me of being a little kid with the chickenpox"

Asala asks, "Is that per disease or just you won't get sick in general?"

Jozafat says, "STDs are the future."

Evrald states, "Everyone wants to send their kid to 'that' house so they can all catch it"

Merick claims, "Rp has picked up for me, thank god, I don't feel like I have the plague anymore"

Taunya claims to Gothan, "Infection parties were actually a thing for a while, not sure about the middle ages- though I guess any party was an infection party then"

Kinaed states to Asala, "Just won't get sick in general."

Merick declares, "And no ideas about giving me the plague!!!!!"

Asala nods.

Kinaed chuckles and nods to Taunya.

Misune wants to see lice run rampant southside...

Merick exclaims, "Shove off!"

Merick laughs.

Merick claims, "Actually"

Fyurii states, "Shit, that'd require people coming Southside. XD"

Merick states to Misune, "I kinda like that idea, for people that don't bathe enough, or maybe spend a lot of time around animals"

Kinaed says, "Any further thoughts on how the week went for people? I have a few posts up on the forums if you haven't read them. In particular stuff around theme."

Kinaed claims, "Er, theme enforcement."

Evrald wonders to Merick, "Why the Charalin hate?"

Merick grins.

Jozafat questions, "Oh? I almost never check the forums :P"

Kinaed claims, "And there's an idea up about how inactive nobles can be shelved."

Kinaed claims to Jozafat, "You ought to :)"

Merick claims, "In truth merick's prolly one of the least racist folks around lol"

Jozafat states, "Is it? Cool."

Misune trails off, "Not every plague has to be some deforming one... Lice sound like a perfectly subtle plague. Since people can't see the lice they assume it's the work of the taint and start dipping their heads in the river bren to cleanse the taint, or burning their hair to..."

Kinaed questions, "We don't have any players with topics that registered thus far. Anyone have anything they want to discuss?"

Evrald says, "Misune... Fyurri is going to come infect you now. Just so you'll pyre your hair."

Misune claims, "Eh it's singed seems on a monthly basis, nothing new"

Gothan trails off, "Dipping your head in the River bren... now thats a sure wya to"

Gothan says, "*way to pick up the plague."

Taunya claims, "I'm still of the opinion everyone should have head lice already. white itch ought to effect... other regions."

Jozafat claims, "I'm happy with my experience as a blind character."

Fyurii motions to Taunya and murmurs something about that being the reason he doesn't do that RP no mo.

A smooth, five-inch pillar of softly golden beeswax flares momentarily blue in Kylar's hands.
A roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick flares momentarily blue in Diana's hands.
A roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick flares momentarily blue in Fyurii's hands.

Merick claims, "I probably mismanaged my rp as a blind guy"

Fyurii snuffs a roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick.

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Jozafat states, "I do feel stuff like looking into other rooms should be disallowed while blind."

Tacitus claims, "You lantern newbs."

Merick trails off, "Augh! okay that was creepy...."

Merick states to Jozafat, "Course we weren't CODEDLY blind"

Merick states, "Well I wasn't"

Misune trails off, "And I have one thing... why does it have to be so hard to play florist? I want to play around with the more fun plants, like birds of paradise or cactuses, but I'm pretty sure that requires higher levels in herbalism, which in turn requires joing the physicians or brotherhood... and I imagine that works out as well as a fart in a phonebooth. Hi, I want to join to be a better gardener... get out"

Kinaed finishes her note.

Merick states, "I just went with it because fireballs to the face, repeatedly :D"

Asala declaims, "Birds of paradise are able to be used as a non-guildie!"

Kinaed nods at Jozafat.

Evrald claims, "Actually... I have the same issue. :/"

Asala wonders, "As are I think most flowers?"

Fyurii says, "Well, I can say with certainty that we actively look for sneaky-stealthy, herbalist or smith type folk in the Brotherhood. We can at least toss silver your way and see what sticks."

Misune says, "And on top of this, thank you for that clarifying that asala, it would be nice if when you assess a seed it could state what level is required to plant it."

Evrald trails off, "I can't even learn Herbalism to play with plants or anything in the first place... Physicians tell you to take a hike if you ask them to teach you and it would require joining the guild..."

Fyurii claims, "That said, my personnel issue at the moment is... <clears his throat, looks dubiously to all the inactives.>"

Taunya states to Misune, "That's a good point actually. I think tend/harvest should be seperated from concoct and made a non guild skill."

Evrald states, "But I gotta run."

Kinaed states, "Oh, just a note - Endrain or whatever his name was turned out to be a banned player - we think it was Timotheo. He's still sniffing around, folks. Please keep an eye out, and again thank you to the person who caught him and reported it."

Merick asks of Kinaed, "Well that explains what happened earlier, good to know. Sniffing around, eh?"

Azarial claims, "There has been at least one other testing the bans, assuming we'd removed them in the year or two he'd been gone."

Kinaed nods at Merick.

Ismael claims, "The guy thinks we'll get tired."

Ismael states, "He doesn't know we have infinite time."

Misune claims, "Or at the least also a merchant skill, since gardening could very well be something that falls under merchants, and that's also disturbing but glad to know they were caught"

Jozafat states to Kinaed, "Oh crap really? I thought he was happy enough in SD."

Kinaed states, "I'd be more comfortable with discussions about splitting concoct and plant/tend if Temi where here because she pretty much built the systems and would know the implications."

Kylar grimaces.

Azarial states, "Most test the bans two or three times."

Kylar claims, "Makes such sense."

Diana says, "Well I agree with Taunia here. If tend/harvest could be made a non guild skill, it'd fix all the problems. Because the only reason we're asked not to teach the skill is due to all the concoctions, and you can't split them. Oh and yeah, I get you. I know it'd be complicated as far as coding goes, just an idle remark./"

Taunya says, "I see. I'll post on the forums for when she comes back then"

Misune trails off, "I will bring it up next week if my internet allows... also massive thanks to the people who have rped with me in the last week despite the almost near constant disconnects"

Kinaed claims to Taunya, "That'd be good, thanks :)"

Ismael claims, "ALso, guys, I'm hoping to make a new design for the website so if you guys can check my post about taglines and post there and offer your feedback, I would be super happy and feel loved and all."

Ismael claims, "Otherwise I'll mourn alone and only invite you all to vote so that we can continue to snatch new players (check help vote for the list)."

Kinaed states, "Okay, our time is up. Please vote for us to keep us visible on mud sites to help bring in new people to play with us. If you know of sites like Reddit or other small groups where you frequent, please let people know about us. "

Diana states to Ismael, "Will do. Just a thing, if you intend to have lots of pretty pictures or whatever, it's fine, as long as they are all labled with some sort of text. otherwise, we screen readers are left in the dark."

Merick nods.

Misune tries to vote even when he can't steadily get onto the game

Kinaed muses, "Otherwise, is there any event after the OOC Chat today?"
Tacitus nods at Diana.

Diana questions, "Yes, the spring awakening thing isn't it?"

Misune states, "I do believe so"

Diana claims, "I'm looking forward to it, and would be extremely disappointed if it wasn't the right date."

Merick waves.

Kylar nods.

Kylar states, "The market"

Jozafat stands up.

Merick says, "Gotta skip afk for a bit"

Kylar says, "After ooc chat. trade hall"

Jozafat says, "Imma eat pizza."

Merick states, "Good chat though"

Tacitus declaims, "Oh, nice!"

Misune trails off, "Also, it would be great if on the forums we could subscribe for the subforums... I miss so many topics in general discussion because well... no alert to new topics"

Kinaed says, "Awesome, folks. Please participate if you can, and thanks to the PCs that organized the Spring Awakening. Also, please remember we have a storytelling system for PCs to become like DMs for other players and run some plots. We haven't seen any of those for awhile, and I think the game could use a spot of them if you're interested."

Merick has gone AFK.

Jozafat claims, "Oh something I'd love is to switching to a board would automatically list unread notes. Or a new command for that."

Asala declaims, "Oh, there should be another Spring Awakening event in a week's time, more details forthcoming!"

Kinaed claims to Misune, "I think it might be a limitation of our current PHPBB"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I have nothing more to add. Once again, thank you to our Scribe."

Diana wonders, "You switch to it, and hit note list. Doesn't it bring it up?"

Misune states, "Just a thought."

Azarial claims, "Note list unread"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks for coming to this OOC Chat, and I hope to see everyone next week. :)"

Ismael pontificates, "Thank you!"
Lurks the Forums

• Information