Log of OOC Meeting for 8/20/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Silrie

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Temi claims, "Agenda for today: 1) Staff updates, 2) Player heartbeat, 3) Player topics."
Silrie puts a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths in a white, wool tassled and elaborately-embroidered aumoniere.
Temi states, "To start off with, does anyone have any topics for the player topics? I'll get you on the list."
Jozafat exclaims, "Yeah! I can't tell if a tech succeeds or not!"
Temi claims, "Okay, got a couple topics."
Temi has transferred Galen. [OOC]
Temi gives a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths to Galen.
Temi says, "Let me know if any more come up while we're going."
Temi says, "So then.. staff updates! I'll start, since I'm me."
Remy claims, "(Vandagan)Our fearless leader"
Silrie wonders, "Do we have a scriber?"
Silrie says, "Er, scribe."
Temi says, "Umm.. no, we don't yet."
Temi questions, "So.. who would like to be scribe?"
Asala stops using a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths.
Silrie states, "I'll do it."
Temi has transferred Eathon. [OOC]
Temi gives a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths to Eathon.
Temi declares, "Okay, thanks Silrie!"
Temi has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe
Temi exclaims, "Alright then, now staff updates!"
Jozafat sits down on the ground.
Temi says, "I've not done a whole lot, but started on putting some diseases into the concoction notes - still lots more to go though so I wouldn't start searching through those yet."
Kahlen sits down on Jozafat.
Temi states, "And... I feel like I did something else, but I don't remember what."
Galen says, "You forgot to give me 9000 gold."
Temi states, "RPA and note response and such as usual."
Temi says to Galen, "I remembered not to, actually ;)"
Galen trails off, "Aww..."
Silrie is excited for diseases to get fully integrated.
Temi questions, "Alright! Az, do you have an update for us?"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Just a few bugs this week. still recovering."
Taunya declaims to Azarial, "(Charali)Good well soon!"
Galen sends well-wishes!
Temi nods.
Temi says, "I expect we'll see some more next week - just the one disease is officially out now, I believe."
Emma questions, "Does it show up in diagnose for Physicians? The disease that's in"
Asala says, "It hasn't so far."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)There has been no progress since the last report."
Temi says, "Still not everything fleshed out with it yet, yeah."
Silrie nods.
Temi muses, "Okay, Zabris, do you have an update for us?"
Temi says, "I'll assume Zabris is momentarily distracted."
Temi muses, "Remy, do you have an update for us?"
Zabris says, "(Eld)Uh, typing"
Zabris says, "(Eld)But can go afterward if you want."
Temi states, "Okay! Well.. either way. Go ahead, Zabris."
Temi claims, "Remy can start typing."
Zabris claims, "(Eld)Been reviewing the various staff helpfiles on mobprogs, and am starting to put together a sort of summary manual or training dealie so imms can more easily make mobs that are awesome."
Temi nods at Zabris.
Temi says, "Always good."
Galen exclaims, "Yay progs!"
Jozafat nods.
Azarial begins to write a message on the courier's desk.
(This is an OOC mail.)
Azarial finishes writing her mail.
Temi questions, "Anythhing else?"
Zabris says, "(Eld)For me? Nope."
Temi asks, "Okay, Remy! What's up this week?"
Remy states, "(Vandagan)Giving Az more work to do by testing bugs and such. That's how I occupied my week. Sorry, Az."
Azarial states, "(Daravi)As long as you update the news and relevant helpfiles"
Remy says, "(Vandagan)And that's about it."
Temi grins.
Temi nods.
Temi questions, "Okay! So then, that's what is up with us... what's up with the players this week? How's things feeling, how's RP been?"
Gothan states, "I'm scared to leave the Knight's keep now"
Jozafat Crispy.
Jozafat says, "Crispy."
Emma claims, "Refuse to leave home until winter has passed."
Asala claims, "Nauseaous."
Leofrick declaims, "Mine started out slow then just sky rocketed all of a sudden. Bad week turned good!"
Caen says, "Interesting"
Jozafat claims, "Smmmoking."
Ariel grins at Asala.
Emma claims, "Lol. What Asala said."
Silrie claims, "Realistic. Which means a little boring, but, oddly, very immersive in that feeling."
Kahlen chortles at Leofrick.
Jozafat says, "Hot."
Eathon claims, "Uh, how to answer that"
Silrie states, "Since Sil's pretty much house bound."
Ariel says, "A lot of hearing about things, not a lot of doing things."
Eathon says, "Had plenty of rp.. lets, just say that"
Renton says, "Pretty anxious. The clerical side of the Order is getting cleared out very quickly, while the Knights are sitting pretty at only being relatively crisped. Lucky sods. :("
Asala claims, "I've just been annoying all the doctos over disease code."
Kyra exclaims, "Some of it...absolutely awesome!!"
Kahlen states, "I've been gone for quite a while, but have been able to get back into RP somewhat."
Ariel says, "Yeah, pretty concerned about the Order."
Taunya claims, "(Charali)Been great! A certain someone did something that I didn't even know was possible. Awesome and creepy."
Galen exclaims, "Things have been a bit quiet for me, but that's okay!"
Emma states, "Indeeeed. Got treated for the nausea, didn't remove the disease if that's what it is. Perplexed."
Ariel claims, "They were short enough on people BEFORE all this."
Leofrick says to Renton, "We like our knights cripsy."
Ariel says to Emma, "I submitted a bug message because I think it MAY be a bug, having tried a lot of things and none working."
Asala states, "We're all just pregnant, huzzah."
Ariel says, "But it might just be the nausea is the first stage of something that requires a very different treatment, Iunno."
Remy says, "(Vandagan)That's our gift to the playerbase, you're welcome. Enjoy the babies."
Galen isn't ready for children!
Selenia says "I was out for a week, and had the pleasure to have two nice rp sessions since I came back, yesterday."
Asala didn't even need to get married. Win.
Temi nods.
Emma states to Ariel, "Hopefully. Didn't do anything that would expose me to disease, far as I know. Physicians not being able to check/treat 'em while they're in and afflicting folks is skeery."
Temi asks, "Any big concerns from anyone, things that staff need to be made aware of?"
The Courier hands Galen a letter.
Eathon claims to Temi, "With order taking the hit it has, I'm debating something"
Caen states, "I agree with Ariel. "
Ariel says, "Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about the Order remaining functional."
Ariel claims, "Knights are fine, but clergy-side, ouch."
Asala nods.
Gaven claims, "I think I'm gonna have a lot of explaining to Emma if I get pregnant."
Asala says to Gaven, "Just doing your part in that relationship."
Temi nods.
Emma claims, "If you get pregnant we're REALLY going to need more Orderites, because you're going to have some explaining to do. To an Inquisitor."
Silrie giggles.
Renton declaims, "I'm currently the only Inquisitor, and I'm also the Archbishop, so uh if anyone wants to app in an Inquisitor or Priest, now's the time! You might not even get murdered! :)"
Gaven claims, "Fffffff"
Eathon smirks
Jozafat says, "I am a little concerned with the lack of stable Reeve chars."
Temi muses, "I think that's normally a hard balance... do staff need to step in and do something beside accepting apps?"
Kahlen secretly wants to be a Reeve.
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Most guilds come and go, self-correct a little."
Emma states, "I think it'll pass, guys."
Selenia asks "Why not promoting the acolythes first?".
Emma points at Ariel.
Jozafat claims, "Frequent rather than stable. And no nothing staff could do I think."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)If there IS anything staff can do I think they should do it; the Order has been understaffed for a LONG time."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)It's not just a normal cycle at this point."
Eathon asks, "What can staff do?"
Renton claims, "We currently don't have any active acolytes, since we promoted 'em all. :P"
Silrie would bring in a priest if she could. Give me a few more months.
Gaven claims, "I'm not really sure what staff could do to help"
Temi nods.
Temi claims, "We're not quite sure either."
Galen doesn't wanna be a priest.
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)Yeah, maybe some brainstorming is worthwhile, but there's no obvious answer, to be sure... but it's really kind of bad, honestly."
Emma states, "One of those things that requires players to be interested in the roles."
Eathon says, "There's apps, but half the time, they go unanswered.. we neeed, priests, and inquisitors"
Leofrick urges Galen to be a priest.
Galen doesn't wanna!!
Leofrick insists!
Galen won't!!!!
Eathon compells
Remy says, "(Vandagan)I'd say 'half the time apps go unanswered' is a pretty incorrect statement"
Gaven states, "I guess the Order just isn't very interesting to the general playerbase to play"
Taunya wonders, "(Charali)Guess the order collapasing and the cult rising isn't an option?"
Emma states, "It'd be pretty hard on theme. :("
Galen pontificates, "What even is the point if you can't get married!"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)It'd be super boring if the Order collapsed."
Renton says, "I figure it'll work itself out - Inquisitors and Priests are hard roles, so you don't really want to force people into them. But if people have ever wanted to give it a shot, now's the time - you'll be knee deep in RP."
Caen says, "I worry that Manus will further the demise of the order"
Galen wants his mushy romance RP!
Ariel nods at Caen.
Leofrick says to Gaven, "The clergy side of things isn't appealing to most I would say, No pew pews there."
Emma exclaims, "Have mushy romance RP in shockingly sinful secret!"
Silrie agrees with Galen. "We need priests! Banns people!"
Taunya says, "(Charali)Only pews. *nods*"
Asala declaims, "You get to burn people!"
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Manus shouldn't go in if the Order is this weak."
Silrie agrees with Ariel too.
Gaven states, "Doesn't help that a large part of the player mentality seems to be "Order sucks. Mages are cooler.". I even had an archbishop when I was the head of the church that acted on a player level like the church was hated."
Gaven claims, "Whisch made no sense to me"
Temi nods.
Renton exclaims, "Things -have- been shaken up quite a bit. I would make the suggestion of backing off a little bit at least with the murdering, pretty pretty please!"
Silrie states, "Well... I dunno. Thematically, the last few... people we've had have been... easy to dislike due to their heavy handed tactics with things. I dunno."
Selenia explains "My alt tried 8 month to become a priest... That was a lot of frustration. Though, I recommend everyone to try the order, it's also very fun."
Emma says to Renton, "Ehhh."
Gaven claims, "Also doesn't help that our general evil mage mentality seems to be to attack higher ranked folks because that's edgy and cool."
Silrie shrugs at Renton. "Can't really ask people to stop pkilling."
Galen thinks we could absolutely ask people to stop pkilling.
Gaven says, "I don't really see a problem with pkilling. It doesn't really happen all that often."
Jozafat says, "I don't mind guilds being understaffed due to carnage (it's why it's done in the first place). I do mind lack of apps or disappearing fresh blood."
Eathon says to Renton, "If they have a reason, and cnotes, can't stop it"
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Well, taking out the head is more efficient. the rest run around tryig to figure out what to do while their guild is glless and no one gets promotions or paid"
Galen claims, "Pkills have to be approved anyway, it'd be perfectly within the realm of possibility to be like, hey, lay off the priest murder for a bit"
Emma says, "I think it's created a hot mess of compelling RP. The PKs. Just -- it probably would create even more if people retained their RPable characters and went through something similarly drastic."
Gaven says, "The problem is that the head shouldn't be so easy -to- kill, Az"
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Agreed. Make some brands, lop off some arms, etc."
Asala is on team Maim.
Silrie claims, "I'm more of the mentality here that it's not fair to just ask mages to stop pkilling but let the unknown pkills go on without being spoken out against just because they're not public. So, if mages aren't allowed to pkill right now, thieves, murderers, non-magical pkills should slow too. Kind of just playing devil's advocate here."
Hunapo states, "I think the guidance should be: Don't kill for kicks and grins. Make it make sense to the story."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)But if one more Inquisitor dies we have no Inquisitors and no Inquisitors in training."
Galen wishes this was a sci-fi game so you could get cool robot arms if they were chopped off.
Temi finishes abruptly, "You are welcome to ask, on an individual level, but I don't know that as staff we're in a position where we want to forbid it - osmetimes it's what is right to do"
Galen would volunteer to have his arm chopped off.
Silrie states, "Well, not not allowed, but you know."
Emma states, "Wouldn't even have to be a physical trauma. Mental and emotional is super powerful."
Temi states, "We can field it past Kin if e think that's the way to go, of course"
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)-Forbidding- Pkills feels heavy-handed and unfair."
Emma states, "Agreed with Ariel."
Renton states, "Yeah, I'm not saying lose your teeth all of a sudden, I'm just making a personal request for the sake of the game."
Silrie claims to Hunapo, "You don't know that the killings don't effect or make sense to the killers' stories."
Caen states, "I also think that we mages have not been extraordinarily bloodthirstry"
Renton says, "I feel weird doing it in the first place, but it really is that tenuous a situation with the Inquisitors. :("
Asala claims, "I would just say maybe don't wipe out the entire Order, but not sure if we need to forbid it."
Silrie queries, "I mean, on the outside, I get it. It's kind of like, what was the point of that?"
Eathon states, "Does it suck, for the char who got killed, you better believe it."
Emma claims, "Scariest mage I ever dealt with never laid a hand on me, on the other point. But he was a constant presence, and he scared the everloving shit out of me. The stuff he did was totally mental. Huge impact."
Silrie asks, "But to the mages... maybe there was a vindetta or something?"
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Death is going to happen. non-consensual rp is going to jhappen."
Emma claims, "Similar to PK, but we keep RPable characters."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)The absolute number of kills hasn't been high - it's more that it was two of three Inquisitors."
Silrie grins at Emma.
Gaven says, "I don't really see where the mages have been bloodthirsty recently myself. I saw one kill and that one felt like a mutual OKAY one rather than the mage pwning the guy."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)And the Order is the linchpin of the whole game and has been struggling for months, arguably years."
Gaven states, "Years"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Realistically? the kill count for this could hvae been much, much higher."
Galen says, "We did lose a player to a relatively senseless mage killing"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)So the impact is disproportionate."
Emma claims, "High compared to the norm, maybe. *grin* We tend to have a very quiet game on that front."
Gaven says, "Ever since the Gerolf(?) died."
Gaven claims, "The order's kind've been deadish"
Asala states, "I think it's just felt more because the Order is so understaffed on that side."
Emma says, "Yeah."
Temi queries, "Okay, any new points on this, or should we move on to player topics?"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I'd be a lot less concerned if they were killing Knights and random civilians."
Ariel says, "(Tubori)Sorry, I'm good to move on."
Galen wonders if we could encourage more senseless fear-instilling murders to be focused on NPCs somehow
Temi states, "Okay. I have a request from a mage to talk about ascent."
Temi says, "They say it is too good and anti-fun."
Temi says, "Basically, the spell where people can fly."
Emma questions, "What's ascent?"
Emma states, "Oh."
Temi queries, "Any thoughts?"
Gaven says, "I'd just make it harder to kill people in certain areas that should be well guarded, like the Church or the Palace or the Knights Stronghold. Make it so NPC guard/knight mobs appear."
Emma muses, "It's a super, highest level spell isn't it?"
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)Yes, it's too overpowered."
Galen agress with Gaven.
Temi states, "Pretty high, yes."
Taunya says, "(Charali)If bows/daggers could target something in a room away, it'd help even it out."
Galen says, "Maybe it'd be less overpowered if flying over rooms echoed to the rooms below."
Galen says, "So that flying is more obvious."
Jozafat nods at Gaven.
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I'd say people around you ought to get a chance to stop you lifting off."
Gothan states, "My few encounters with it renders me pretty useless, which is nice to see a Mage having some way to escape but I think it might be used a bit too much."
Emma claims, "Requiring some sort of strength check to carry someone into the air wouldn't run amiss."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)That, to me, is where I really see it be overpowered."
Ariel claims to Emma, "(Tubori)Oh, god, for real."
Ariel grins.
Asala claims, "Some tweaks might be helpful, purely from a muggle point of view."
Silrie claims, "Doesn't really make sense that people would automatically know if someone's flying fifty feet above them unless they're always looking up."
Galen claims, "You'd think once ONE person noticed, though, there'd be tons of pointing and screaming."
Gaven says, "Eh, I'd just say if you're fighting a mage, draw them indoors or something."
Emma coughs. "Not that anyone did anything -wrong-, just a check for strength if you use ascent and you're carrying an entire human being. If it fails they drop out of your arms before you take off."
Gaven says, "Maybe enable a push command or something"
Galen says, "I don't think you could fly 50 feet above a crowded street and not attract any attention at all."
Eathon says, "I'd say from my incounters, flying, if you are fighting someone, is a pain in the ass to deal with"
Silrie states, "Let's also remember that mages have a disadvantage already when it comes to combat."
Ariel claims to Silrie, "(Tubori)I disagree, soundly and wholeheartedly."
Ariel grins.
Temi wonders, "Reasonable pain in the ass or beyond the pale?"
Silrie wonders, "Is it even possible to carry someone into the air?"
Emma claims, "And agreed on the instant action being a bit much."
Emma states to Silrie, "Yes."
Gaven states, "They have the inherent disadvantage in that people can and will gang up on them"
Asala says, "I've seem someone carry a dead body, at any rate."
Silrie nods at Gaven.
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I think flying is just -too- much of a get away free card."
Jozafat states, "Wait"
Jozafat states, "How about"
Emma claims, "I think it should be possible, but considered a combat action. Like flee."
Gaven states, "I like it personally. Maybe toss in that they can't carry someone without the check like Emma suggested."
Jozafat questions, "You know us Reeves get notified when there's a crime being committed?"
Gaven trails off, "....and that, if they're in combat it has to roll like flee"
Gothan claims, "I agree with Emma, it being instant seems a bit silly."
Emma states, "So the round has to end and people have to respond."
Silrie claims, "Not me. A flying mage managed to get killed when 20 people ganged up on them, and sometimes, when everyone from the baker to the earl marshall want to play hero, sometimes it's all a mage has."
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I'd add the carry check and a check to interfere with lift-off if somebody is nearby, also the flee function."
Gaven states, "I don't really like the interference check. Flee function is all that's needed."
Silrie claims, "If you've got all four exits barred, bows, arrows and aggers flying, I think a mage should have the option to lift the frak outa there."
Jozafat questions, "How about Reeves getting notified when a flyer is on public airspace within the city? with the appropiate delay of course"
Gaven claims, "It's absolutely stupid just how many people gang up on villainous mages."
Jozafat nods at Silrie.
Asala states, "Fleeing definitely. Since you are, in combat, fleeing. Just fly fleeing."
Emma states, "If it was a combat action it feels like it would be a lot more reasonable. The flee thing."
Temi finishes abruptly, "Probably it would go to Order - public magic does"
Gaven claims, "Flee already takes into account interference."
Galen declaims, "With all the mage murder lately, I don't blame them!"
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)It's the logical way to fight them, it's not stupid."
Jozafat nods at Temi.
Jozafat muses to Temi, "Why noy both?"
Hunapo states to Jozafat, "We deal with mundanes not really mages. Thematically all the reeves would do is look up, curse, and run for cover."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Admittedly probably some people should think twice on if their PC's willing to fight, but."
Jozafat nods at Hunapo.
Gaven says, "When everyone from the baker to the Earl Marshal is doing it(copyright Silrie), then yes it is stupid."
Gaven says, "Magic is thematically scary. Just coming into contact with it runs the chance of tainting people form an IC standpoint."
Ariel says to Gaven, "(Tubori)That's assuming that baker isn't a retired Knight or soldier from the Daravi front, for example."
Silrie nods at Gaven.
Even Galen has a combat skill mastered. [Galen]
Silrie claims, "Yes, but it seems silly that every pc that jumps in to stop a mage has some sort of knightly background."
Emma claims, "It's jarring to me, personally, when there's a big group of Inquisitors and clearly non-former-Knight and/or veterans are forming a mob to go walk into a mage's lair."
Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]
Emma says, "Then the Knight tell them not to is the bad guy. x_x"
Silrie asks, "No offense, but Galen can't even take a whipping, so is it really true to him that he'd face off against a mage?"
Emma says, "*Telling."
Galen would NEVER face down a mage willingly.
Ariel muses, "(Tubori)I will certainly agree that there are some PCs it doesn't make sense for, and that everyone should be more mindful, but I think people make a lot of assumptions - and I think so long as folks aren't taking Knight RP from the Knights, can we blame them for wanting to be involved?"
Gothan says, "Even Gothan hestiates a bit when dealing with Mages, if there are innocents around."
Kyra is idle.
Kyra is no longer idle.
Kyra has returned from AFK.
Temi says, "Okay, well, I can't make any decisions on ascent, but we'll point Kin at the log."
Gaven asks, "Can you blame the mage from wanting a get the heck out of here when everyone wants to be involved card, Ariel?"
Silrie shrugs. Sorry, just seems like when mobs come into play and they're not under the direction of a knight, where little Susie Summers and her farmhand brothers wanna suddenly play hero when it feels like mages are getting the raw end of a deal.
Emma states, "Ehh. I go between on that one, I think. On the one hand hunting mages is almost always going to be taking Knight RP from the Knights."
Temi queries, "Jozafat! You had a topic about the success of techs?"
Emma says, "But on the other... what Ariel said in the other portion."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)I will save my arguments to let Jozafat talk."
Ariel grins.
Emma perches on Ariel's shoulder and demands crackers.
Jozafat says to Temi, "Briefly. I did a protect action last night and I had no idea if it had succeeded until I got a magic shotgun to my face."
Kinaed steps out of your shadow. [OOC]
Gaven says, "OH MY GOD SHE STEPPED OUT OF MY SHADOW"
Gaven states, "I'M OFFICIALLY CREEPED OUT"
Temi says, "So, I think protect always 'works' when you do it"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Pardon me, in the mountains and having severe internet issues."
Temi questions, "But then you have a chance for it to be successful when things actually happen?"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I am not sure I've ever seen it fail lately."
Galen should get another bodyguard.
Temi says, "It may not be able to fail - not sure."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)Mayve ever since the Protect skill got taken out."
Leofrick claims, "I've had it fail once, so there's a chance."
Gaven muses, "There was a protect skill?"
Galen break time
Temi nods at Gaven.
Temi muses to Jozafat, "Is there more you need or would help?"
Kahlen wonders, "Sorry to break the conversation but I can no longer stay awake. D: May I please be transferred back to my savage abode?"
Kahlen has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Temi says to Renton, "You're next if you want to work on preparing your advertisement"
Renton pontificates, "Sure!"
Temi claims, "Okay, we may have lost Jozafat.. whenever you're ready Renton."
Renton states, "Like has been said in the topics, possibly to exhaustion, the Order really is hurting right now. Inquisitor and Priest RP might not appeal to everyone, but I'm sure some of you out there have given some thought to it, at some point. And right now, there are so few of us (for Inquisitors it is literally just me now) that you will constantly have a bunch of roleplay to do. I personally have hardly even been able to keep up with it, and that was when I had all the time in the world. There's paperwork, yeah, but even that can be roleplayed out and honestly doesn't take that long if you have even two people working on it. So, I guess just as a plaintive cry, please join the Order! I swear it's more fun than it seems. :)"
Jozafat claims to Temi, "I'm good thanks :)"
Temi says, "Okay, great, on both accounts."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)If anyone has any concerns or issues about how to do it right I'm more than willing to help out with OOC or IC (on my priest alt) questions."
Emma states to Renton, "And Royal Chaplain! Insta-RP between two guilds."
Caen is idle.
Eamon tells you, "Hahaha."
Temi asks, "And Eathon had a question about flight?"
Eathon nods.
Silrie will bring her Orderite back when she can! But for the present, join the Order!
Renton says, "Ah yes, the new Royal Chaplain position is a liaison between the Court and the Order, and will get you even MORE roleplay if you're interested, or maybe just want to dip your toes into order stuff without super committing."
Eathon says, "So, not about mage flight, but about flee in a reacent issue, I couldn't get flee to work propperly, at all."
Ariel wonders, "(Tubori)Were you fighting multiple enemies?"
Eathon states, "Yes"
Temi states, "Multiple enemies are harder to flee."
Eathon states, "But it said unrecignised command when I typed out the emote"
Silrie queries, "Did you type flee direction emote?"
Eathon says, "Whitch led to uh, problems"
Emma asks, "Eeesh. Log for Az, I'd suggest?"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Please bug with a log so we can review."
Temi states, "Yeah, if the command doesn't work at all, we definitely need a bug report to know about it"
Eathon says to Silrie, "No, I didn't use direction.. I'd never used the command before, but given the situation, I was in need of it"
Silrie says to Eathon, "Oooh. The flee command's sintax is, for example, "flee east runs for his life.""
Silrie claims, "I think."
Emma claims, "Always good to have a gander at the helpfiles when you're in a sticky situation. Usually if you mention over osay that you're having a technical issue folks will hold off and wait for you to check the helpfile and such."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I'd like to take Eathon's concerns offline please. We don't have a diagnosis yet and our OOC chat has an agenda."
Eathon claims, "I'm good at combat, know how to fight, but was in so much trouble, and lost a char, because I couldn't work the command propperly"
Eathon states, "Sorry"
Temi questions, "Okay... I think that's everybody on my list. Anyone have any other topics while we're here?"
Temi says, "We promise we'll point Kin at the log for the previous stuff."
Temi declaims, "Okay! I think we're about good then. We shall send everybody back!"
Jozafat has no questios.
Emma muses, "Probably annoying query: Do we have a general timeline on when diseases will be able to be treated?"
Jozafat nods.
Kinaed asks, "(Eld)I think they're treatable now?"
Silrie couldn't diagnose anyone who was nauseated.
Temi states, "Az is actively working on diseases now or next, I think."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)I think the treating may not work."
Emma says, "They don't -seem- to be, but we have symptoms. Symptoms are on us, doctors can't determine what you'll ill with, and treatments for the root symptom aren't curing 'em at the present."
Ariel says, "(Tubori)But it might be I just failed to find the right cure."
Emma says, "Ah, cool. Thanks Temi/Az :)"
Asala states, "It's mostly guessing on what symptoms are what and what cures what."
Caen is no longer idle.
Silrie trails off, "Hmmm..."
Temi nods.
Remy leaves in a swirling mist. [OOC]
Temi states, "It's still all untested. This is our first disease and is in progress."
Temi states, "So... congratulations guinea pigs."
Ariel states, "(Tubori)I am slightly worried about how many people got it."
Emma says, "Yeaaaah."
Silrie nods.
Asala says, "Queasy guinea pigs."
Taunya cheers and pukes.
Silrie questions, "It's not a deadly one, right?"
Ariel says, "(Tubori)Even with low health it seems potentially too many."
Temi claims, "No, it's not very serious, and should get better on its own if nothing else."
Caen claims, "Sorry, back"
Emma pontificates, "Did bring about some very entertaining RP, at least! "
Caen queries, "Was Ascent raised?"
Caen has returned from AFK.
Temi nods at Caen.
Kyra didn't even try to get treated for nausea because she thought it was a side effect of a coded injury.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Staff will tell you what cures what individually until we can update all of the cedits. If we have said and it doesn't work, please bug it."
Renton has lost link.
Renton has reconnected.
Caen says, "Cool. It's made the scene last night less exciting"
Asala says, "Have only tried one cure so far, so more experimenting to do, I guess."
Gaven says, "So"
Gaven claims, "Question"
Gaven muses, "WIth new disease code would it be potentially possible for say... an evil scientist or mage to concoct a plague that raises zombies when people die?"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)If diseases are really screwy, we'll turn them off and cure people."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Sorry, lagging fiercely."
Galen states, "Is back."
Kinaed states to Gaven, "(Eld)Not at this time."
Emma says, "I think right now the breach between IC physician knowledge and code knowledge is the concerning part. We couldn't get an answer on how to cure this one last night, for example, just because it's as new to Staff as it is us."
Silrie tried! *cries*
Asala nods.
Asala claims, "I tried to puzzle it out a PC physician but we just couldn't find an answer."
Asala says, "With*"
Silrie checks watch.
Kinaed states to Emma, "(Eld)My apologies for that. I sent out the spreadsheet of diseases and cures, but I think we're missing the info in the stat command to tell us what someone has."
Silrie is still totally chuffed about diseases.
Ariel states, "(Tubori)I tried a TON of cures, I do think it's bugged (sorry was afk)"
Silrie grins.
Emma says to Kinaed, "It's no trouble, honestly. The RP didn't suffer for it. Just a general picture of "this is what's offputting about diseases" at this precise moment. Doesn't sound like it'll be a long-term concern."
Taunya declares, "(Charali)"That didn't work doctor!" "Okay, better give 'em EVERYTHING" hehehe"
Gothan pontificates, "Its lupus!"
Asala states, "We all have the Pox."
Silrie just agrees that a secret demon went and impregnated all of Lithmore.
Asala nods at Silrie.
Emma throws herself on the pyre.
Kinaed asks, "(Eld)Ok, how many ppl are diseased atm?"
Asala raises her hand.
Taunya raises hand.
Ariel states, "(Tubori)1 of my 3 alts."
Leofrick raises hand.
Kyra protests, crying that impregnating a minor is against the rrrrules.
Emma says, "I am either diseased or pregnant. Symptoms at this point could be either. Ahem."
Silrie looks smugly around.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)See staff and we'll cure you for now."
Emma declaims, "Alrighty!"
Taunya sees staff.
Ariel queries, "(Tubori)Request board?"
Kinaed nods at Ariel.
Emma starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)
Asala says, "Will do."
Emma finishes her note.
Galen weaves a flower crown.
Galen puts it on Emma's head.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Hopefully Az will plug any gaps today, otherwise, we will turn disease code off."
Asala starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)
Emma preens.
Emma wonders, "I have one more question about it, if you don't mind and we aren't over time?"
Asala finishes her note.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Thanks for alerting us that our stop gaps weren't effective. Sorry about the impacts, guys."
Kinaed claims to Emma, "(Eld)Sure."
Silrie declaims, "Awwww it's okay! Trial and error!"
Asala declares, "No problem. It's still an exciting idea!"
Asala says, "Just growing pains, yep."
Silrie totally agrees with Asala.
Selenia says "Sorry alls, I'm falling asleep... could someone transfer me back to the grid?"
Emma claims, "Going out of doors in bad weather -- I see that's a cause for illness, but I was curious if it applies to even fully-dressed people? And if it does, could that be greatly lessened? Encouragement to leave the house and be appropriately "warm" in bad weather."
Selenia has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
Gaven says, "Could be neat if items like a scarf item were buyable that gave the "warm" tag to a player"
Emma states, "I can see myself not... ever leaving my phome during winter, for example, if it doesn't matter what you're wearing, wet/cold weather = sick."
Silrie states, "I think it's only if you're not covered up, or if you're wet."
Emma claims, "You get the wet flag from being outdoors in bad weather no matter what, I believe."
Temi states, "I think the trigger is 'wet or indecent'"
Gaven queries, "Is there a way to dry off?"
Galen would love tailoring recipes for padded clothes
Silrie muses, "And by covered up, I guessed closed cloak?"
Temi claims, "If yo're cloaked, you won't get wet"
Gaven states, "But if I just took a bath"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Silrie is correct, and you have to be wet for a bit of time too, it's not instant."
Taunya says to Gaven, "(Charali)I tried towels, don't work."
Taunya gets a simple linen towel, embroidered with a merry leaping fish from a wolf pelt bag, fit with leather straps and canine catches.
Emma questions, "Ah HAH. So cloaked, and/or cloaked/hooded? Or just cloaked/hooded?"
Temi states, "It might need to be concealed - not sure on that."
Temi claims, "But anyway, if you've just had a bath, may not want to venture outside immediately with wet hair in the winter."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Not sure, will check, but I like a reason for people to conceal that isn't just being dubious."
Silrie thinks scarves and hats and or gloves in cold weather adding some extra protection would indeed be kinda cool.
Emma claims, "That's fantastic either way. And inadvertently takes a good deal of the "cloaked/hooded people are automatically bad guys!" out of things."
Gaven claims, "Would be cool if you had to be concealed. Takes away from the everyone yelling at you if your hood is down acting like you're a mage or criminal."
Galen swipes Taunya's towel while she isn't looking.
Kinaed nods at Emma.
Kinaed nods at Galen.
Silrie agrees!
Emma says, "Indoors and wet from a bath is okay, outdoors and cloaked is okay. HappyEmma."
Silrie grins at Emma.
Galen likes a HappyEmma.
Emma twirls Galen.
Galen spiiinnnns~
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, sorry I didn't make it at the start of the chat. I had problems connecting from my location. Surprised I haven't lost link a dozen times."
Silrie muses, "Do fabrics come into play? Like, light cloth cloak versus wool cloak in winter / rain?"
Temi claims, "And the chances in those situations do vary with the health."
Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)No"
Caen holds a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths in his hand.
As Caen flips the doll's head inside out, a monstrous visage is exposed on the interior of the pocket. After shaking it about furiously and making faces, he returns the beast to its original, human form.
Caen stops using a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths.
Silrie states to Caen, "You're famous now."
Emma claims, "Should've had him kicking a Palace guard square in the face."
Silrie giggles.
Galen stops using a maple shortbow adorned with leaf charms.
Galen holds a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths in his hand.
Caen states, "Vote to re-elect Caen for Seneschal"
Silrie snorts.
Temi claims, "Well, I did do it up in like... 5 minutes right as we were starting. So I went for dramatic rather than looking up details."
Ariel says, "(Tubori)Caen Azazel 371: For More Murder in your Court"
Galen tries to flip a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths towards Caen, but it falls short.
Silrie laughs at Ariel.
Asala states, "Mage-in-Chief"
Galen gets a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Hmm, I need to chexk the forums re: if we're throwing buds back on or just popping dude number two in."
Temi gives a stately, ginger-haired doll, fashioned out of dyed cloths to Kinaed.
Caen claims, "I think it's tied"
Caen claims, "Hah"
Taunya states, "(Charali)Number 2 was ahead by 1 last I checked."
Kinaed queries, "(Eld)Really? Hmm. Want to discuss it out here?"
Emma states, "Suuure."
Silrie votes for opening bids.
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I totally missed bids and it felt like they went by in an twinkling."
Asala questions, "If it's a new campaign, is it all new nominations and so forth?"
Kinaed is briefly afk checking the poll.
Ariel says, "(Tubori)Plus it feels the old results must be altered by the removal of a candidate."
Silrie queries, "I'd think so?"
Gaven claims, "Should just take whoever was second in the running honestly"
Asala felt the bids lasted foreeevvveeer.
Taunya says, "(Charali)Definitely is the easier quicker option. But I think with possible magery involved with the process, re-opening bidding makes more IC sense."
Silrie nods.
Temi states, "Current standings are runner up is ahead by 1."
Galen asks, "How the heck did Caen win anyway?"
Emma claims, "The process was pretty exhausting, and all I did was help moderate the debates."
Emma states, "Bids, that is."
Emma says, "Feels too soon."
Ariel says to Galen, "(Tubori)Def magery."
Renton states, "It was fun participating in them. :P"
Caen says, "I wonder that too"
Asala states, "Yeah, not sure I want to run again."
Gaven claims, "The process took a while. I'd rather not do it again."
Silrie kind of believes, as Kin says, that the fact that limits seneschals from ousting isn't fair to other gls.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay, just a note: Everyone who is sick currently has Anjew's Colic, which self cures."
Gaven states, "Not right now"
Caen states, "I was basically outted when I won"
Emma says, "I voted reopening bidding, but-- donno. Have rethought it."
Jozafat is idle.
Caen says, "Rather surprised"
Gothan claims, ":D"
Galen states, "You were outed when you named yourself 'Caen Azazel' tbh"
Emma winces.
Gaven states, "Agreed Galen"
Hunapo claims, "If it wasn't such a short time between the appointment and removal it might be a different discussion. "
Caen claims, "Everyone is so mean to me about my name"
Gothan states, "Demon McMageyface"
Ariel says to Caen, "(Tubori)Well it is a wee bit obvious <3"
Galen is just teasing!
Emma pets Caen.
Asala declaims to Gothan, "Stop stealing my character name!"
Emma claims, "Just a wee bit. :P"
Caen claims, "Staff made me rename and I wasnmt even thinking"
Caen trails off, "I just thought... Azazel sounds copl"
Gaven says, "I'm unable to vote for the seneschal poll"
Silrie says, "The abyss was speaking through you."
Gaven claims, "I hadn't seen it til now"
Eathon is idle.
Temi muses, "So that's another one than voted leaning towards second place?"
Kinaed queries to Gaven, "(Eld)Why not? What is your stance re: reopen vs next dude?"
Jozafat is no longer idle.
Jozafat is idling for sure and not secretly plotting to the the Hillman King.
Emma claims, "Looks like the vote closed."
Temi claims to Kinaed, "Poll closed yesterday, looks like."
Gaven says, "I'd rather take next dude. We've been through the process just recently and doing the process again is going to feel kind've tiresome."
Jozafat nods at Gaven.
Asala states, "I agree on runner up as well, since I missed the voting it seems."
Ariel says, "(Tubori)I'll admit half my feeling is just because I was away."
Ariel grins.
Ariel trails off, "(Tubori)If the people INVOLVED want to not redo..."
Asala says, "And it just happened."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay. The vote is 2 in favor of next dude. Calling it as next dude. I think that's Hunapo. Staff will set him up later."
Ariel claims, "(Tubori)That seems more important than people on the side."
Jozafat claims, "Crown Jozafat. He'll disappoint you so hard he won't disappoint you."
Silrie muses, "Is this just for this one?"
Ariel states to Jozafat, "(Tubori)Whoaaaaa, dude."
Emma claims, "Rofl Joza."
Silrie asks, "You know, early ousting = next dude?"
Gaven states, "Rofl"
Asala says, "It's a pretty exhausting process, if it had been some time since it happened it might be different."
Silrie grins at Jozafat.
Gaven states, "Man, Jozafat as Seneschal would be GREAT"
Gothan declaims, "I want Jamus!"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think in the future we will generally re open bids if the seneschal has been in office for a week or more though."
Gaven states, "Gaven would be all over that"
Asala nods at Kinaed.
Emma claims, "Damn it, Gaven."
Hunapo nods at Kinaed.
Ariel states to Gaven, "(Tubori)That's how you get pregnant man"
Emma claims, "Duifdfkj"
Silrie cackles.
Gaven questions to Ariel, "Wanna get pregnant Ariel?"
Asala states, "Think of the poor rats of Lithmore."
Galen pontificates, "Pff!@"
Temi nods at Kinaed.
Emma trails off, "...I..."
Silrie dies.
Temi claims, "Seems like a good compromise."
Ariel says to Gaven, "(Tubori)Well, we can give it a shot."
Gaven beams at Emma.
Emma says, "I'm so torn."
Temi says, "At least give the seneschal time to screw things up, rather than just a bad one squeaked through the race."
Silrie muses, "So, who's topping who?"
Gaven states to Silrie, "I'm Lithmorran, I do not speak of such things openly."
Emma says, "Knew Gaven picked his neighbors with purpose."
Silrie giggles.
Temi claims, "Toppings are for ice crea."
Temi nods.
Silrie grins at Temi.
Emma votes Temi.
Silrie says, "Bet there'll be some of that too."
Eathon is no longer idle.
Kinaed questions, "(Eld)Laaaag. We ready to wrap up?"
Taunya states to Caen, "(Charali)Guess you'll have to start your own seneschalship, with jacks and wenches."
Eathon has returned from AFK.
Eathon nods.
Emma closes her eyes and thinks of Saint Celeste.
Silrie nods.
Gaven states, "Rofl"
Emma says, "Ready for wrap-up, here! >.>"
Jozafat laughs at Taunya.
Jozafat claims, "I believe we're done yes."
Renton closes his eyes and thinks of Saint Aelwyn.
Silrie giggles at Renton.
Silrie closes her eyes and thinks of Ariel and Gaven.
Silrie claims, "Ahem, I mean, Saint Celeste, of course."
Emma says, "SAINT CELESTE, SILRIE."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, thanks for coming, everyone. Staff, thanks for kicking off with my unexpected internet issues."
Galen declaims, "Goodness!"
Taunya waves.
Temi says, "Okay... we better get rid of this set."
Kinaed declares, "(Eld)Everyone enjoy your week!"
Gaven queries, "Is Saint Celeste hot or was she an old lady? Because"
Silrie says, "She was a child."
Gaven states, "Oh"
Asala claims, "Awkward."
Emma claims, "Well done, Gaven."
Gothan states, "BACK UP"
Gaven says, "Awwwwkward"
Silrie states, "Lithmorran my ass."