Silrie

Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Kinaed states to Silrie, "(Eld)Thank you."
Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: scribe
Kinaed asks, "(Eld)Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics
Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"
Silrie waves.
Silrie claims, "I have something."
Rimilde wonders, "I had something under player topics, if I may?"
Kinaed says to Silrie, "(Eld)Noted."
Kinaed nods at Rimilde.
Merick states, "As do I."
Kinaed questions, "(Eld)I have Silrie and Rimilde, and Merick. Anyone else?"
Merick queries, "Or would it go under heartbeat?"
Merick claims, "I dunno the diff lol"
Avicia claims, "I have a topic! Actually perhaps too, but I can tone that down.."
Kinaed states to Merick, "(Eld)Usually players put all their stuff in topics. Heartbeat is quite generalized. I've put your name down and will call upon you."
Merick questions to Kinaed, "Heartbeat revolves around rp right?"
Avicia two two two... not too.
Merick exclaims, "Ok!"
Kinaed declares, "(Eld)Anyone who has a topic, please type the introduction up for it now so you're ready to go when called upon. Thanks!"
Gaggable keepalive command.
Merick claims, "Guess I shouldn't be 'resting' in here lol"
Kinaed claims to Merick, "(Eld)More around how people are feeling about the game."
Silrie puffs up proudly and waves pre-written topic around.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay, so Staff Updates - I'll kick them off. I didn't do much. Answered a few player questions, helped clear the recommend queue, made some decisions after the last OOC Chat that I don't even really remember. Sorry it's a weak update, but that's me when I'm working full time and going to school. I will be done with this within the year though, I think."
Silrie states, "Oh my god, a year. Kin... I hope you take time for yourself when you can."
Toroni comforts Kinaed.
Silrie states, "That sounds... like it might burn you out before a year."
Toroni nods in agreement with Silrie.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I've given Ismael and Remy some nods to plots they want to run, and approved their doing some work with the guilds."
Silrie cheers plots.
Toroni has seen the effects of that, already
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Thanks for the concern. :) I want to do the study though, and work is non-negotiable. It does mean less time for TI, though, and I am sorry about that."
Merick claims, "In otherwords we all gonna die"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I've farmed out some specs, like assets and stealth rework."
Silrie says to Kinaed, "Rl comes first. Just focus on staying healthy."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I'm still holding onto jail automation and roles."
Toroni claims to Merick, "Nah, just feel like you want to"
Merick states, "Silrie's right"
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)That's it for me. Next up, Azarial. :)"
Azarial says, "(Daravi)I think I fixed a crash ismael found, otheriwse I hvae been sick. on the mend, though."
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Hopefully mpore work by the end of thr week. I find I am still done by noon, so that dones;t leave much for code. whatever is going around is naty this year. -_-;"
Kinaed nods at Rimilde.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)That was to Azarial."
Silrie thinks to herself, "Naty?"
Kinaed questions to Azarial, "(Eld)I see you've fixed some bugs, particularly mage stuff. Will we be ready for city metrics to switch on when our Seneschal is confirmed in the next two or so days?"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)We're still missing a few griefers and diseases, but the rest should be ready to rock, and test"
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)We can start with that much and implement the rest as it's available."
Azarial nods.
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)I am using anjew's colic as a test case to see how it would work, so that one might fire, might not. I don;t quite recall where I left it when this started creeping up on me."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Mages, check out vision of leagues, it should be working a bit better now. As should Somnii and regnancy."
Kinaed nods at Rimilde.
Kinaed states to Rimilde, "(Eld)That was for Azarial again. *trains herself to use more than just the first two letters of Az's name*"
Silrie grins.
Silrie exclaims, "I was like, random Rimi nods!"
Rimilde grins.
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Somnii/regnancy still hvae a lot of commands to add back in, now that I know I hvae it working. so bear with me. it;s half a mile long, and I hvae to filter out ooc stuff. it may get yet another revamp at some point"
Kinaed questions to Xinoe, "(Eld)I think it's your turn, Xin. :) Update us?"
Xinoe declares, "(Vavardi)This week, with the help of others I cleared off the typos board entirely! I see one new note has snuck on, so after this meeting I will be fixing somebody's key with no @owner. I also trimmed the Requests board, handling a lot of building requests and assorted tasks. I started but didn't finish another review of Art in advance of releasing it to the public. I also didn't get around to writing up the reminder on when and how to ask for staff assistance via Visnet and the request board. I'll put that up today.
Once I'm done with Art, my next big project will be overhauling our help files. This is something that everyone will be able to help with as it will be a huge job, so look out for more information on the boards.
Lastly, with regards to character blogs, I'll be posting an update on our guidelines to address the use of private entries. I can get into a bit more right now, if you'd like.
And that's my update!"
Kinaed claims to Xinoe, "(Eld)Thanks :)"
Kinaed questions to Remy, "(Eld)Care to update us?"
Xinoe smiles.
Silrie thinks to herself, "Oops."
Galen is here again!
Remy claims, "(Vandagan)Mine is probably the least exciting of all updates. I mostly just tested changes. I almost got the changelist down to 70, but then it shot up again. Also still working on getting guilds scheduled for their meetings. I'm keeping my plot in the back pocket for now. Also interviewed for a big boy sales job earlier, and my fortune cookie I opened today said I'll get good news. So you know."
Kinaed grins.
Kinaed states to Remy, "(Eld)Thanks."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Ismael alerted me earlier that he had a phone call, but I'll see. "
Kinaed queries to Ismael, "(Eld)Can you provide an update?"
Ismael states, "(Charali)This week I have been running a new plot as you might've all seen and I'm excited about that. I've also been working on the assets spec though it's obviously a complex spec to write and I'm trying to get my head to cool off for a bit, though there's been a lot of progress. So far the formula is looking very neat and I should be working into other details of the spec very soon. I've also been doing some testing and requests as usual."
Galen is excited for assets!
Kinaed claims to Galen, "(Eld)Me too :)"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I think that's all of the Staff Updates for today."
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Anyone have any questions about any of that, or shall we move on to our next item?"
Silrie shakes head.
Taunya pontificates, "(Charali)Good here!"
Toroni claims, "I'm good"
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Okay :) Player Heartbeat! How has the game been for the past week, folks? RP good? Anything shitting you about the game that we ought to consider?"
Gaspard states, "Hm, there is one thing I'd like to bring up that's been nagging at me for a while."
Kinaed has transferred Kyra. [OOC]
Silrie claims, "Loving the after massacre injury rp."
Galen says, "Good! Galen has a new crush which always energizes the game for me."
Kinaed questions to Gaspard, "(Eld)Sure, what's on your mind?"
Kyra wakes and stands up.
Silrie grins at Galen.
Taunya says, "(Charali)Awesome! Kudos to those behind Magebane- being disfigured as never been more fun."
Galen shrugs.
Silrie exclaims, "Yeaaa!"
Avicia exclaims, "RP is amazing! I'm a bit concerned about Magic/Church balance, but that is probably just an afteraffect of Magebane, I suppose. People have been wonderful!"
Merick questions, "You wanna know how I got these scars? Oh wait I'm still healing, hehehe"
Gaspard states, "I'm not entirely sure what happened with the massacre and what went down with it. I'm assuming it's a plot device but if I'm wrong and it was actually done by a couple of PC Mages, smack me for what I'm about to say. "
Kinaed questions to Avicia, "(Eld)What concerns you?"
Silrie states, "It'll really promote rp for me long after Sil leaves the hospital what with the injuries I gave her, so this is an unexpected, interesting plot twist for me."
Toroni says, "Between the injuries, and his s job, its, proven exiting, but also, stressful"
Merick states to Gaspard, "I say they got lucky lol"
Galen declares, "It was just PC mages!"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)It was PC mages, yes."
Toroni states, "Very, very stressful"
Gaspard states, "I'd like to see Mages with a bit more teeth to them. I'm getting kind of tired of seeing the same ole Mage summoned a Demon to wreak havok."
Tacitus is idle.
Merick states to Avicia, "I was thinking the same about the balance, I'm not sure prayers and stuff work, if not, they should."
Silrie trails off, "They didn't..."
Avicia states, "I just feel bad for the Order, given how low on Inquisitor/Orderite members, and how many mages there are :) But... yah know."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)33% of our active pbase over the week are mages."
Toroni claims, "To gaspard oh, there was no, demond"
Silrie says, "That's not the fault of mages though, and as I've played them in the past, I say that it's not easy to pull something like that off and I don't think, even if they like to nearly kill me, that mages should suffer for the lack of orderites."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Yes, the havoc people experienced was completely PC driven."
Kinaed asks of Avicia, "(Eld)Did you have the opportunity to explain your balance concerns?"
Toroni says, "O silrie why do they like you"
Taunya says, "(Charali)I'm thinking current events will drive up Order and Knight recruitment too- though it just made me wanna roll a mage, lol"
Gaspard says, "Well that's nice to see at least. I've had a general player feeling that whenever a spell seems to do something cool or badass, it gets removed or powered down because the Mages aren't really allowed to have "claws" persay."
Silrie shrugs at Toroni. "Beats me."
Silrie nods at Gaspard.
Avicia claims, "No, the mages were definitely doing a great job! I <3 all you baddies. I just worry that IC sentiment is very anti-church, and the church is limited in what they can do to restore order and enforcece, given their numbers."
Silrie says to Gaspard, ""Same. Which leaves little left for them to do but summon demons.""
Azarial states, "(Daravi)The overall view in the city of the order is unshakeable. as a metric, it would be legendary. now, overall piety might be a bit lower."
Kinaed claims to Gaspard, "(Eld)I've heard that criticism before. Magic is not intended to be combative - mattack exists for that. Magic is a peripheral advantage tool that is far more 'frak with people' than 'make me invincible in a fight'"
Silrie states to Gaspard, ""Which gets old. Sil doesn't even turn up to summoned rp anymore.""
Gaspard claims, "MAttack is the equivalent of unarmed though."
Gaspard claims, "It's weak."
Gaspard claims, "Even one of the fucking with people spells got removed, Breathbinder. Still don't know why it was."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Magic is designed that way, so if we find it isn't adhering to that design, it will be remediated. That isn't to say spells aren't dangerous or mages are not scary, and that you have nothing to fear... as the players who experience compulsions, regency or even just have their privacy seriously invaded can attest."
Silrie claims, "From what I was told, it gave mages too much of an advantage if they wanted to outright fight someone."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Mattack bypasses armor."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)It also has unlimited range at 1st Circle."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Er, fifth"
Gaspard muses, "Wot. It bypasses?"
Kinaed claims to Gaspard, "(Eld)Yes."
Merick says, "Yes "
Gaspard says, "Oh well that's pretty cool"
Merick states, "That and some of it really effing hurts, I assume what mucked my guy up was magic, I could be completely wrong lol"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Needless to say, magic is pretty cool if you're willing to get out there and experiment with it. As those players facing down Vaxin can attest."
Toroni says, "It was"
Gaspard claims, "Vaxin was scary for his demons."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I think it was more than demons."
Toroni claims, "He was fricking scary, period"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)People fixate on demons, but most of the stuff he did actually had nothing to do with demons."
Kinaed has transferred Margaux. [OOC]
Merick says, "Agreed, what shook me was his behavior, even though I only saw him for a moment"
Xinoe gives a wriggly, slippery, edible leech to Margaux.
Kyra has returned from AFK.
Toroni points to his head
Silrie claims, "Still got caught though, but I suppose that was due to other factors too. It was rather interesting seeing a mage who managed to evade."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)As far as I know, Vaxin was never caught."
Toroni states, "He was, and burned"
Rimilde states, "He was"
Merick says, "He was"
Merick laughs.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Ahh."
Toroni states, "Now, cat stop putting your tail in the way of my typing"
Rimilde says, "And their were direct attacks to, I think some players embrace more of an arsenal than others but there has been a lot of creativity out there recently from what I've seen."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Anyway, I don't think mages need to be combatively superior to be scary or interesting to play."
Silrie says, "I don't think they should be combatively surperior. Just allowed their scary tricks without a general uproar."
Merick states, "I'll have a comment about that when we get to player stuff"
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)What is the general uproar here?"
Gaspard states, "O"
Silrie sighs. "Never mind."
Azarial declares, "(Daravi)Lace, memory changing, compulsion. 'i am your best friend, let;s have a drink, a fried gave this to me!' 'You have swallowed DEADLY POISON!' 'i swear, it was the justicar that gave it to me!'"
Toroni says to Kinaed, "He carved his name, in to tore's forehead, that has left lasting effects.. and no code was used. so don't tell me, mages can't go creepy, they can"
Gaspard says, "I never meant superior tbh"
Silrie grimaces at Toroni.
Gaspard says, "I meant just giving them a few more claws so the player who isn't super wiley can manage to be somewhat scarier in a brutish way."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)To whit - there is a post on the mages board where I asked about magic. This was because I was cleaning off my Kinaed board and had an outdated assessment from Takta about the state of magic. Since it referenced things that had mostly been changed/fixed, I asked mages about magic, completely not knowing anything about the magebane stuff going on, and was promptly accused of asking so I could dumb down magic."
Gaspard says, "Or just generally more "oh shit run" rather than "oh hey let's gank this mage cause he's a mage""
Gaspard says, "When the average citizen should be fleeing for the trained Knights to handle."
Remy states, "(Vandagan)That seems like an activity issue over a coded scare factor"
Gaspard states, "Coded scare factors facilitate activity issues."
Gaspard claims, "You can't divide them."
Remy states, "(Vandagan)I mean regardless of how codedly strong a mage is, citizens would probably be running either way."
Remy states, "(Vandagan)But they don't, because people want to RP."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think magic on TI is pretty scary, and I love that it is scary not because it is an instant win button for a mage, but because it is versatile and sneaky, and just plain mean."
Gaspard says, "Well I know from personal experience playing a Fire mage, the spells feel incredibly lackluster and meah."
Gaggable keepalive command.
Gaspard claims, "And one of their cooler ones were just removed for being abused."
Remy says, "(Vandagan)And we watched a mage incap 13 or so people at once, so I guess I'm failing to see where you're coming from."
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)I can't speak to what you're expecting when you play a mage. What do you expect that would not be lackluster and meah?"
Gaspard says to Remy, "Like I said, I wasn't there for the Madison, so I don't know what happened there."
Gaspard claims to Remy, "I can only go off of personal experience."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Depending on a few factors, he could have finished the room and jumped the list on pks in a single event."
Gaspard says to Kinaed, "Well, a number of the fire spells are the same exact spell but just ramped up a little each time."
Toroni says, "I'd say after the madison event, yeah, mages are a pain in the ass to deal with"
Taunya was rather surprised to wake up.
Margaux states, "I was sad that there weren't actual deaths from that, tbh."
Gaspard states to Kinaed, "More variety would make me happy."
Silrie says, "But will that be able to ever happen again in future? I think that's what's being referred to... if something crazy like that happens, it's generally removed."
Kinaed wonders to Gaspard, "(Eld)In what sense?"
Silrie claims to Taunya, "Yeah really."
Evrald states, "It's ok Margaux... there still might be. :p"
Toroni nods in agreement with Taunya.
Silrie grimaces and hides behind Evrald.
Taunya says, "(Charali)I don't think another Madison would happen so easily in the future, our characters learned a lot from that."
Margaux apologies for being bloodthirsty!
Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)We haven't made any changes to it, actually, thank you very much."
Gaspard states, "Making Fire feel a little bit more war-like in some fashion to reflect Arien. Doesn't even need to be some offensive thing. Just, the general feel."
Taunya says, "(Charali)Probably no need for nerfing."
Merick claims, "I agree, no need to nerf what hit the madison really."
Kinaed claims to Gaspard, "(Eld)For game design and balance reasons, magic will never be designed to be combative."
Evrald states, "If I heard right, Magebane allows for lots of magic easily right? It's like a 4 time a year thing."
Evrald claims, "Just hide when it happens if you don't want to explode into little bitty pieces"
Merick declaims to Kinaed, "Wasn't so much as "Here have a gift, BOOM!""
Merick grins.
Kinaed says to Gaspard, "(Eld)Magic is a fully 100% repeatable system with predictable outcomes. If we make it combat oriented, it will destroy the full balance of combat. That is not the intent of magic. There has to be a real struggle between mages and the Order, and that can only exist if there's full situational wins. "
Toroni says, "As I understand, this was the worst attack, I've ever experienced.. and tha's across all, of my chars"
Kinaed states to Gaspard, "(Eld)Further, fire's mythos is that it's related to healing and the body, not a war element (despite the moon)"
Taunya nods, "(Charali)Poor Arien's just misunderstood, really." single teardrop.
Evrald muses, "Does Fire actually have healing/restorative spells so that mages can avoid the hospital and whatnot if they need to?"
Silrie grins at Taunya.
Kinaed states to Evrald, "(Eld)Yes."
Evrald states, "I know that at some point during that whole ordeal there was a call out to be on the lookout for anyone with arrow wounds. And if you're that mage and went to the hospital... you're boned immediately."
Merick states to Kinaed, "Still, fire hurts/burns when not used in that respect, which is fine, and shouldn't be changed away from that, I'm all for firebombs and all that."
Evrald says, "That's good."
Gaspard muses, "Why is Arien tied to Fire then?"
Kinaed says to Evrald, "(Eld)I don't know - as I understand it, the mage in question did show up on the scene and looted people."
Gaspard says, "If the mythos is supposed to be healing"
Kinaed says to Gaspard, "(Eld)Lost to history."
Gaspard claims, "Even if the reason is lost, there should be more to actually reflect the tie in the actual magic being used."
Evrald claims to Gaspard, "Ask a demon some time. :p"
Silrie claims to Evrald, "From what I recall, unless the wounds are minor, you can't heal yourself, only others. Though that ties into healing. Most healing magic I've ever read about in books / etc does have self healing limits."
Merick claims to Evrald, "Not necessarily, most of use were knocked the hell out."
Merick grins.
Kinaed says to Gaspard, "(Eld)I think that's unreasonable - looking at real life mythology, things don't add up."
Gaspard claims, "I think it's lazy."
Gaspard claims, "Personally."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think that's offensive."
Galen is idle.
Galen is no longer idle.
Galen has returned from AFK.
Evrald says, "There are a lot of conflicting stories in pretty much any mythology or religion."
Kinaed nods at Evrald.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I think we're getting distracted anyway, we're not going to get to everyone's comments at this stage."
Merick says, "And it's kind of a fact that fire burns and harms, regardless, it depends entirely on the application, I would say."
Evrald says, "Such is the curse of being the one to record history. You tell what you know. If someone else knows something else, then your stories may well split off."
Gaspard says, "Staff aren't lazy. That's not what I'm saying. Spoonfeeding us a "this is lost to history" or "nobody knows" for something like that just feels like a poor answer."
Kynthie states, "Not every question has an answer."
Kynthie says, "It isn't satisfying, but it's the way it is."
Kinaed says to Gaspard, "(Eld)Again, I find that sentiment offensive. That is the mythos - things are lost and don't fit together like a nice puzzle. Some things are inexplicable and players have openly, ICly speculated."
Taunya claims, "(Charali)There's a LOT about magic lost to history, which I think is an interesting part of the lore. Anyway I agree with Kinaed, we could talk about this all day."
Evrald says, "Gaspard, truthfully... If there were questions you wanted answers to as a mage, i'd say summon a demon and ask them. If they still give you a 'this is lost to history' then question it. But from the human standpoint, it's lost to us because we weren't alive there."
Azarial states, "(Daravi)A lot of this dates bcak fifteen RL years. we simply don;t have it anymore."
Silrie wonders, "Some might say he wielded his weapon in one hand and healing magic in the other? Maybe write a book that speculates? Even if it's a heretical text?"
Margaux says, "I'm not certain why the 'public mythology' would be tied to magic. They could have entirely different sources and routes to how they came to be. Or perhaps our understanding of Arien as a war god is Order PR at work. :)"
Silrie nods at Margaux.
Avicia is idle.
Tacitus has left the game.
Avicia is no longer idle.
Avicia has returned from AFK.
Gaspard states to Azarial, "That's a lot more understandable to me."
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Why is tubor tropical? weunno. we just deal wiht it. those were design decisions we inherited."
Kynthie laughs.
Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.
Azarial trails off, "(Daravi)I've been here twelve years, and I have never found reasons for a lot of things. I can make reasons up, but..."
Evrald says, "Demons are dangerous and lie but they would be more knowledgeable than any human ICly. I'm an advocate for summoning demons to ask them questions. :p"
Silrie rethinks sharing a room with Evrald. P
Evrald asks, ""What do you wish of me?" "So... about last time... that discussion we were having..." "Oh Arien, you again!? *demon roar*""
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Also, some things will never be defined because it takes the mystery out of them."
Margaux claims to Evrald, "I really need you to help me with 7 Across, Mr Demon! This crossword is hell."
Silrie grins at Margaux.
Toroni laughs.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)If we can redirect our attention, please."
Merick claims, "Oh god"
Merick nods.
Xinoe claims, "(Vavardi)Gaspard, let's speak privately about your concerns later? It could be that the answers already exist in some help files. Some of the things brought up already do, I know, so this will be a good chance to help me prioritize things for the help file overhaul."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Let's roll off Player Heartbeat and get to our Player Topics."
Taunya nods to Kinaed emphatically.
Kinaed queries to Silrie, "(Eld)You're up first. Care to introduce us?"
Silrie queries, "So, someone asked me this the other day and I know the answer is no at the mo, but I thought it might be worth asking about. Is there any way we could have something implemented where you heal a little bit faster if you're in the hospital, representing round the clock care and all that? Or would that just be a bit too difficult? Also, in help heal, it states that eating / sleeping, etc, should help heal wounds. Can we possibly bring this back, as it seems realistic that these things might help a little bit. I don't think either of these things, either hospital stays or eating and sleeping should make a significant difference in healing, since some wounds are meant to have you out of action for ic months, but perhaps a small bonus to healing time could be added?"
Gaspard states to Xinoe, "I wouldn't mind that at all."
Xinoe smiles at Gaspard.
Toroni nods in agreement with Silrie.
Galen asks, "I thought being in the hospital already provided a small bonus to recovery...?"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)People already heal faster in the Madison."
Merick claims to Silrie, "That actually ties into a question I Had"
Gaspard says to Kinaed, "I'm sorry for being incredibly abrasive just now, and insulting. Was my bad and you didn't deserve that."
Kinaed nods at Galen.
Silrie states, "Oooh I didn't know this."
Kyra is idle.
Kyra is no longer idle.
Ismael has lost link.
Avicia claims, "Ooh. I like that idea, Silrie."
Kinaed says to Gaspard, "(Eld)Thank you, I appreciate that. Xinoe will meet with you to get your concerns and crystalize them for me. :)"
Kinaed claims to Gaspard, "(Eld)We'll take your thoughts seriously."
Taunya states, "(Charali)Really? I asked on visnet if healing was any faster in a hospital and was told no. I'm leaning towards not having things heal much faster, unless healing time without rest is longer."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Eating and sleeping heals wounds in that it brings you back up to your current maximum hitpoint value"
Silrie says, "Aaah."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)The increase of your maximum towards your absolute maximum is slower."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)If you really 'dun fucked up' it;s going to take a while to get back on your feet."
Rimilde trails off, "A though would be connecting it to physician PCs it would get them RP and allow for private sourcing..."
Silrie grins at Azarial.
Silrie nods.
Gaspard wonders, "Only problem I have with that is we don't really have a lot of physician PCs do we?"
Remy says, "(Vandagan)Quite a few, actually"
Avicia declares, "We have a good amount!"
Rimilde claims, "It's the highest I've seen in at least a year"
Merick claims, "Most got caught in the blast, which makes an issue, but that's purely ic and it's legit if you ask, they intentionally hit the madison"
Taunya claims to Gaspard, "(Charali)One of the longer rosters, though hard to find some of them a bit of the time *eyes Silrie*. Also, they keep getting torched."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I'll discuss a healing bonus to wounds in the madison with staff as I think this was partly an oversight to installing the wound system on top of the HP system."
Gaspard says, "Holy heck they've had a resurgance."
Kinaed questions to Silrie, "(Eld)Anything else on your mind?"
Silrie shakes her head. "Nope. Thanks!"
Kinaed says to Silrie, "(Eld)Thanks :)"
Ismael has reconnected.
Kinaed questions to Rimilde, "(Eld)Your turn. :) Please introduce us to your topics?"
Ismael has returned from AFK.
Rimilde trails off, "So on a phone typo galore, more wound stuff... "
Rimilde claims, "I wanted to discuss how constitution plays into wound healing. Healing is time based. How do people feel it should it be done? Through rolls and RP, or is there a way to connect to hewing or would that not be appropriate? If it is through rolls and RP how can we best keep this fair? I think people have different views on how their character handles injuries so thought to raise for more clarity and options."
Rimilde claims, "Hewing = healing "
Gaspard states, "Sounds kinda like something that should be entirely left up to the player."
Taunya claims, "(Charali)Oh man, was hoping you didn't mean hewing. *hides limbs*"
Merick squeaks "I need some hewing!"
Kinaed smiles.
Gaspard claims, "If the wound is healed and gone, then they should be able to say it is."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I agree, we generally leave things up to the player if they're not coded."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)So if we code remove your hand, you lost a hand, otherwise, you're just very hurt and can decide what the scars look like."
Merick declares, "You better not take my hand!!!!"
Taunya states to Kinaed, "(Charali)I like that flexibility."
Rimilde wonders, "Is there thoughts of tying constitution into healing? Since its tied to illness?"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I would note that if you do, be careful that it be somewhat realistic. I once ICly crushed a girl's knees, and she RPed she was fine the next day, so I reported her for magery."
Gaspard states, "Hook hands are in vogue Merick"
Silrie says, "Haha oops."
Kinaed claims to Rimilde, "(Eld)It's already in there."
Taunya grins at Kinaed.
Gaspard claims to Kinaed, "That's -amazing-"
Rimilde claims, "Yeah I just see a variance in how people are rping similar wounds but sounds like that is okay"
Xinoe claims, "(Vavardi)The length of time required to heal injuries now is meant to better reflect how long injuries realistically last, too. That was part of the spec."
Silrie likes that.
Gaspard says to Rimilde, "I'd just consider it up to the character's healing. Sometimes you have people that just heal faster than others."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I know some of the underlying code isn't there to be seen, but con does affect a lot of stuff. I'll be happy to go back with Az and staff and make sure con is reflected properly in healing, but overall - from a flavor point of view, it's up to players with how they want to RP what their injuries are."
Rimilde declares, "Yeah it's much better than before!"
Merick nods, "I do feel some people need to properly rp wounds more, hell I need to take my own advice but I went wandering in the hospital for a lil rp cause I was bored (and I had healed to a point to where I could move, and it wasn't my legs that were wounded)
Xinoe queries, "(Vavardi)Do the status prompts help with that?"
Merick exclaims, "Yes they do, those I like!"
Silrie trails off, "Did wheelchairs exist in medieval times... my char won't be able to walk for ic months..."
Taunya declaims, "(Charali)I think they do!"
Merick says, "I really really like affect, status, all that."
Rimilde says, "These wounds are far worse than I've ever seen so I think it's taking us all time to learn"
Silrie states to Xinoe, "Love the status prompts."
Rimilde claims, "I love the new affects layout btw"
Taunya says to Silrie, "(Charali)They did I believe."
Xinoe nods.
Merick questions to Silrie, "A variant of them, I dunno when they first came around, I will research and tell you ok?"
Merick says, "Cause I'm in a wheelchair "
Merick laughs.
Margaux states to Silrie, "You wouldn't want to take them down a medieval street though with dirt and cobbles."
Toroni says, "If I'd known that"
Silrie claims to Merick, "I'll research with ya, but info sharing would be great."
Avicia muses, "Is there a codified way to send folk a warning if they're forgetting that sort of thing. Kind of like a turns or graphic thing, but instead, about things like forgetting about injuries?"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Wheelchairs definitely existed."
Xinoe claims to Silrie, "(Vavardi)We've had characters in wheelchairs, but, yes, it wouldn't be a smooth ride."
Toroni says, "To's got wounds on legs, and"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)They wouldn't have looked like modern ones, maybe they were even more like wheelbarrows, but they definitely existed in medieval times."
Taunya claims, "(Charali)I don't know how realistic Fyuuri's injury RP is, but I love it to death."
Xinoe muses to Avicia, "(Vavardi)Hm. Maybe we could create a help file that can be assisted?"
Merick claims, "Poor Fyuuri"
Rimilde wonders, "Would it make sense to lower your constitution if you are seriously hurt or is that too detailed?"
Silrie states to Xinoe, "Oh, it's ok. I just can't have someone codedly carrying her all over, and some jostling, when she's well enough to handle it, would be better than walking on the horrific wounds she has from knees all the way to the soles of her feet."
Merick claims to Avicia, "I actually like that"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Uh oh, we're at the top of the hour and haven't gotten through all of our players."
Xinoe claims, "(Vavardi)With a simple message suggesting the player remember to use their surroundings or something to that effect."
Silrie laughs at Margaux.
Kinaed queries, "(Eld)If I can direct everyone's attention to Merick.. please introduce us to your topic, Merick?"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Dirempote adn actions can cover a lot f things."
Merick asks of Kinaed, "Well let's keep going a lil while, no harm in that right?"
Avicia says, "Ooh, I'd like that, Xi. Something you can assist to remind people about this sort of thing."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)And I suppose you could request to have your con limit lowered if it worked for your rp"
Taunya looks to Merick
Kinaed finishes abruptly to Merick, "(Eld)I have to go soon because I'm taking my kid swimming - I haven't seen her all week,"
Xinoe begins to write a message on the courier's desk.
(This is an OOC mail.)
Xinoe finishes writing her mail.
Merick wonders, "Well I had issues with the medical stuff as well, I'd like to see actual beds in the Madison, codedly, I'd also like to ask if I NEED to be logged in at the system log around 9 my time or no, to get a bit of healing?"
Merick says, "The nightly processing I mean"
Silrie says, "Sil was actually gonna make beds for the Madison, then got hurt."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)We can easily add actual beds to the madison."
Merick nods.
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)It is 24 hours after the last healing. not midnight"
Silrie says, "I'll see that happens the minute it's icly feasible."
Toroni states, "I've noticed days where it skips healing, alltogether"
Silrie declares, "Or staff could yay!"
Evrald wonders, "Really? It feels like every other day lately Az"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I can't speak on what you need to do to get healing from a PC. :("
Evrald claims, "I've healed twice since it happened 4 days ago."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Treatment can affect that, and yuo hvae to gain an hour of activity after that 24 hours"
Xinoe says, "(Vavardi)We'll make sure the pertinent details for healing are laid out clearly in a helpfile."
Merick says to Azarial, "I've had it happen after the nightly processing only and it's more like every 48 hours"
Silrie states, "I've healed, but it may seem like you're not healing when you're gaining hp back very, very slowly."
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Are we having problems with physicians not being available atm? Also, why do we need to get healed multiple times?"
Merick claims, "Cause it skips a day, yesterday I didn't heal, today I should."
Evrald says, "Healing HP is easy"
Evrald says, "Sleep."
Silrie claims, "Look at the numbers on your wounds. They drop a teeny bit."
Taunya states, "(Charali)I think the reason it skips is having many major injuries, a help file says that can slow healing."
Evrald states, "Actually sleep."
Rimilde states, "Yeah 48 for me too but I get 2 days worth of healing by how the file reads."
Merick says, "I've been treated, I've just not healed -every- day is all, which is fine, just want stuff clarified or bugs fixed"
Galen asks, "Is there a way to lose HP without taking on wounds...?"
Evrald states, "Yea. 48 is what seems accurate for me, including when I was hunting."
Silrie states, "Ooooh, activity. That makes sense."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I'm wondering if we have some bugs in the system and it's not clear what they are."
Silrie states, "Can be difficult to get an hour of rp in every day in the hospital."
Evrald muses, "I think there is Galen... inflict or something?"
Xinoe exclaims, "(Vavardi)We can test it!"
Silrie states, "That causes wounds."
Galen states, "It seems like taking HP damage almost always coincides with a reduction in max HP as well."
Evrald says, "It does damage and if it isn't too high, the wounds heal without treatment"
Kinaed questions, "(Eld)Okay, anyone who is healing who wants this fixed - can you pboard me a description of your experience healing?"
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Not rp. activity"
Kynthie is idle.
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Online, not afk"
Evrald claims, "No problem Kinky :)"
Toroni states, "Can do"
Kynthie is no longer idle.
Kynthie has returned from AFK.
Silrie says OOCly, "Oooh, got ya, Az"
Merick asks of Kinaed, "What would you need in the pboard post?"
Kinaed says to Merick, "(Eld)What injuries you had, what you did about it, what you observed whilst trying ot heal, how long different things took, and what you liked/disliked about the experience."
Taunya says, "(Charali)The current rate seems about right to me, for Taunya's injuries."
Toroni says, "I'm ok with it taking time, but when it skips, with out healing, that bugs.."
Merick states to Kinaed, "I'll see what I can do."
Kinaed claims to Merick, "(Eld)Thank you."
Merick says, "My other issue is with spells, but just a minor thought."
Remy has transferred Soheil. [OOC]
Taunya states, "(Charali)Ah, it's explained in help wound- NOTE 2: Taking multiple wounds in category 2 or above (in other words, any wound that needs treatment) will slow the healing speed of each wound - 1 day extra per two wounds."
Kyra is idle.
Merick says, "Compulsion spells in general seem a bit, boom you're compelled deal with it, I was thinking there should be a one time auto roll, intelligence or wisdom, maybe you succeed, maybe you dont, or the roll affects the intensity of the spell."
Kyra is no longer idle.
Merick claims, "Mind you I'm not complaining entirely, though I was a bit miffed at the moment it grew on me"
Merick grins.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I think players already have a saving throw for it."
Merick says, "I didn't"
Silrie queries, "It seems like it already might? From what I recall, compulsions don't always take?"
Kinaed says to Merick, "(Eld)You might have just failed it."
Gaspard claims, "It's hidden Merick"
Gaspard claims, "You don't see the throw"
Toroni claims, "Nor did I"
Merick trails off, "Ohhh....."
Merick claims, "Ok never mind"
Gaspard says, "I've cast it once before testing it and it failed."
Gaspard says, "On an alt"
Tacitus wanders into the vicinity. [login]
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, Xinoe is doing a review of help files regarding healing and making sure they're clear. Meanwhile, I will take pbaord messages (send them to "Staff" please) regarding the experience so we can see if perhaps we have unidenfied bugs, or if there's something we want to change about how it is working."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Thank you, guys."
Soheil has lost link.
Silrie nods.
Taunya waves.
Merick pontificates, "I was also thinking perhaps there should be a way to snap out of it, a prayer, smack upside the head, distance from the mage, what have you, or even just a slight shortening of the time, but again, I'm fine with not :D cause why not it's rp!"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)And alas, we are out of time. Please consider voting for TI to keep us visible so other players can join us and give you more RP opportunities."
Merick declaims, "Aye!"
Avicia sniffles.
Toroni nods at Merick.
Galen would love to have a funny compulsion cast on him.
Silrie states, "The time is based on the mage's overall power, I believe. Like Gaspard, alt tested this."
Toroni claims, "I'd love something, to be able to snap out, or shorten the time, or smoething"
Merick claims to Silrie, "I figured."
Kinaed declares, "(Eld)We've had a lot of success when people post reviews on Reddit, so if you are willing - please do!"
Silrie trails off, "Was nearly a year ago though so I could be wrong..."
Merick slaps Toroni around!
Silrie nods at Kinaed.
Merick says, "Hehehe"
Merick trails off, "Reddit huh? will look into that..."
Kinaed finishes abruptly, "(Eld)Okay, everyone - have a great day :)"
Toroni punches merick in the face, where the burns are, of course
Silrie laughs.
Xinoe waves.
Silrie waves.
Merick says, "Oouch"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I am about to return you all. Hope to see you again next week. :)"
Toroni waves.
Kyra waves.
Biting into a jelly leech, Xinoe's mouth EXPLODES! ... with flavor.
Soheil has reconnected.
Kinaed states to Toroni, "(Eld)And stop punching people. :P"
Tacitus has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Kyra has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Soheil has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Kynthie has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Avicia has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Galen has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Margaux has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Merick has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Evrald has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Gaspard has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]