Log of ooc meeting for Saturday, July 16, 2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Silrie

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:09 pm

Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics
Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"
[OOC] Sydney: "I caught a Weedle today outside my barbershop."
Kinaed takes tells too.
Toroni says, "I'll have something for player topics"
Galen trails off, "It'd be nice if the weirdness with support and activity was looked at..."
Leofrick gives Kinaed tells.
Galen says, "I'm codedly active but my support keeps vanishing."
Toroni has lost link.
Toroni has reconnected.
Kinaed claims to Galen, "(Eld)Okay."
Kinaed says to Toroni, "(Eld)I've got you."
Kinaed nods at Galen.
Kinaed muses to Galen, "(Eld)Have you bugged it?"
Azarial states, "(Daravi)The only reported support bug was dual support-subvert of someone."
Silrie wonders, "A few low low priority ideas I may or may not have mentioned in the past?"
Galen exclaims, "I'll bug it!"
Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)Happy to have you remention them too."
Silrie grins at Kinaed.
Kinaed asks, "(Eld)Okay, any other topics we'd like to discuss or anyone would like to bring up?"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)If not, let's kick off Staff Updates."
Vicannia trails off, "Sorry, I actually do have something..."
Kinaed says to Vicannia, "(Eld)No worries, I've put you on the list now :)"
Vicannia is dealing with a cat who is being a hassle, so distracted
Azarial recomends throwing.
Kinaed has transferred Taunya. [OOC]
Kinaed gives an orderite doll with a leather lash and long black yarn-hair to Taunya.
Asala has lost link.
Asala has reconnected.
Kinaed says to Taunya, "(Eld)We were just taking topics if anyone had something they wanted to raise."
Taunya thinks and shruds. "(Charali)I'll speak up at the end if I think of anything."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Last week, I did small things, like come in and handle the request queue. Help resolve Player Requests on the boards, etc. I'm back to working full time now, which will cut into my availability, sadly. Still have roles and automated jail spec on my agenda."
Kinaed nods at Taunya.
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)This week, I'm planning to support Azarial, Temi, and Ismael as we're preparing for the Queen's Coronation, a shift to city metrics, and to "hire" our first Seneschal."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)A very exciting time."
Leofrick exclaims, "(Vavardi)Indeed!"
Taunya nods in agreement.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)That's all from me. Azarial, you're up."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Let's see."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)An assortment of bugs, asistsing on the other baords when I can find instructions on metrics and methods, chewing on the last few pieces of the modified city metrics spec, and waiting fpor the insult threads to p9opulte before plugging some of those into the progs I need to add to the various fq wandering mobs."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Oh yeah, I should mention that I'm planning to hire staff soon and have spoken to some potentials."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)The main defined piece atm is the list of diseases, which I hvae been working at."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Taunya queries, "(Charali)Any favorite insults yet?"
Azarial says, "(Daravi)As a side effect, newbie starting gear is now duchy specific, bsaed on prioer work of others, the helpfiles, and a few pertinant questions to staff that write the files."
Taunya declares, "(Charali)Ohhhh!"
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Mobs will now spawn with said gear, unless they are earmarked for other duties, allowing me to clothe fq mobs of obnoxiousness in their own clothing as per the duchy wihtout a lot of adjustments to the mob outfiter--they were wearing newbie clothing anyways."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Most of the typos have been found, but I imagine more are floating around, and some of the strings may just offend some people--i don;t bother with 59 chars."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)I am also not playing pokemon, so my availablity has not decreased. <_"
Silrie giggles.
Kinaed cheers.
Taunya grins.
Toroni grins.
Hunapo chuckles
Toroni asks, "Someone, can I have my husband back?"
Kinaed's childen made her watch Pokemon on Netflix last night.
Silrie says, "Oh, cool! Just saw about newbie gear."
Vicannia cackles
Silrie laughs at Toroni.
Silrie claims, "We blind have been barred from the madness."
Silrie claims, "Probably a good thing. Someone in the world must stay sensible. :D"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)'come with me so I'm not alone, so the creepers leave me alone!' and off you go as a wingman."
Kinaed asks, "(Eld)I think that's all of Staff Updates. I think the coronation is next week, right Az? Temi ... may have set up a faire for this weekend?"
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Shuld be next weekend, yes."
Silrie grins and dances.
Kinaed nods.
Taunya questions, "(Charali)Yeah, the newbie gear is very cool news! Would it be possible to load it by request though, for characters of a certain race, but are returning from another duchy?"
Toroni says, "Only reason I don't play, its not accessable"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay, everyone, be there or be square"
Silrie states to Galen, "Yeah, Galen."
Toroni nudges Leofrick, nodding
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Also, right now, we have a few more ennoble slots, so if you want to create a noble, now is a good time to submit an application."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)I know she was loading up an assortment of boxes of goods"
Leofrick begins crying.
Silrie declares, "Can I make a toddler noble who is all like, "My tiawa!" *grins*"
Galen queries, "???"
Silrie is totally channeling her three year old.
Kinaed says to Silrie, "(Eld)I'm afraid not, that application wouldn't get through."
Silrie laughs at Kinaed.
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Nothing below 16yo"
Toroni states to Kinaed, "I thought about but then, it, just seemed more complicated"
Silrie claims, "I know, I know, was just being a goof."
Galen asks, "I thought the minimum age was 13 now?"
Kinaed queries, "(Eld)Okay then, let's see. Staff Updates are done... Oh! Player Heartbeat! How has TI been in the last week, folks? Fun? If not, why not? Anything staff ought to be doing to fix problems or improve the game?"
Silrie says, "Kinda slow, but I've been busy."
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Someone was lashed instead of a more poermanent option, which was cool."
Silrie nods!
Leofrick trails off, "(Vavardi)TI has been excellent! Been getting back on the swing of things lately..."
Kinaed states to Galen, "(Eld)We allow younger characters, but it depends on how many characters are in game as to whether or not child chars are open."
Galen trails off, "I've still been a little burned out still, unfortunately, but I hope to get back into it..."
Estrilda is idle.
Kinaed smiles at Leofrick.
Leofrick trails off, "(Vavardi)I am perfectly behaved..."
Silrie is helpin' Galen. *will send out letters tonight*
Toroni doesn't believe Leofrick, one bit
Kinaed muses to Galen, "(Eld)Maybe step back from a leadership role so it's more of a lighthearted experience?"
Galen declares, "I think I'm pretty ill-suited to GL-ship but I'm not sure what else there is to do for my character!"
Vicannia trails off, "Well... rp has been ok the last week"
Taunya exclaims, "(Charali)It's been a fun first week for me!"
Leofrick exclaims, "(Vavardi)Toron Kin Believes me and can vouch for my behaviour!"
Kinaed smiles at Taunya.
Leofrick exclaims to Toroni, "(Vavardi)Kin Believes me and can vouch for my behaviour!"
Galen claims, "Last time I tried to quit being a GL I had no idea what else to do and nobody took my place"
Hunapo says, "I have been kind of slow but that may be OOC factors."
Kinaed nods at Galen.
Silrie claims, "It really sucks, because Sil'd totally take up that role, but she can't. But I'd actually do it."
Silrie claims, "And she's been around long enough to know what's needed. Just... savage."
Toroni says, "To kinaed stressful. not from ti prospective, not anything the staff isn't doing, just, comes with gl"
Kinaed nods at Toroni.
Leofrick exclaims to Silrie, "(Vavardi)I have an idea. Lead through galen.. power!"
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Is there any kind of support TI staff can and ought to consider doing for GLs?"
Leofrick claims to Silrie, "(Vavardi)No one said you can't play tricks."
Silrie exclaims to Leofrick, "Maybe... let him be the figurehead while she does all the work to save our poor player's sanity!"
Silrie hugs Galen.
Leofrick declares to Silrie, "(Vavardi)Exactly!"
Vicannia shrugs at kinaed's question
Toroni states to Kinaed, "Order, so desporately needs another inquisitor, I'm trying to keep on top of the new order members, but also we have the arch and earl marshall, so figure that's their job. but I don't want them waiting either"
Kinaed nods at Toroni.
Toroni claims, "Order seekers rather"
Kinaed has transferred Addienna. [OOC]
Kinaed gives an orderite doll with a leather lash and long black yarn-hair to Addienna.
Estrilda is no longer idle.
Estrilda has returned from AFK.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)If anyone is interested in making an Inquisitor, please consider it."
Addienna smiles.
Addienna claims, "A tough but fun job.. though I bawled when I pyred my first mage as my old Inquis. hah"
Toroni questions, "I think I'm managing, like 5 seporate cases, at once, or more?"
Kinaed has transferred Merick. [OOC]
Merick says, "Whoa"
Kinaed nods at Toroni.
Merick declares, "Whoa!"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)That sounds like quite a lot."
Kinaed gives an orderite doll with a leather lash and long black yarn-hair to Merick.
Toroni nods at Kinaed.
Leofrick declares to Addienna, "(Vavardi)You can have others pyre 'em for you while you deal with investigations!"
Addienna comforts Toroni.
Merick says, "Um Im still on my horse"
Merick laughs.
Vicannia pats Toroni on the back
Merick swings his leg over his mount, preparing to dismount.
Merick easily dismounts from A smooth brown coat palfrey.
Merick snerks
Merick trails off, "There we go...."
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Anything else people want to add or something shitting people that they want to raise staff awareness of?"
Toroni says to Kinaed, "If I had one inquisitor, I could hand a cupple cases over.. as it stands, the only ones who can review, are me, and beni, and beni isn't on as much.. not nocking him but his time is limitted"
Merick wonders, "Define shitting?"
Kinaed claims to Merick, "(Eld)Extreme irritation or frustration."
Taunya declaims, "(Charali)Oh um, haven't request boarded it yet, but I want the skip command back!"
Azarial raises an eyebrow.
Azarial questions, "(Daravi)Skip?"
Kinaed questions to Taunya, "(Eld)I think it was just a social, right?"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Oh. no, most all socials were removed as they do not egenreate rpxp."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Generate, rather"
Addienna knows nothing of this 'skip'.
Taunya claims, "(Charali)No, it was a command that took stones found from forage, and you could skip them on water sources, skipping a semi-random number of times based on dex I think"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Huh. I don;t remember that."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Oh, heh, I vaguely remember that. Odd that it's missing, I don't recall taking it out."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)It's probably been gone for years, then, if not a decade."
Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Might have been removed by Tam and crew prior to handover to us. They were struggling with several bugs."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Kinaed states to Taunya, "(Eld)Please post something on the forums under "Ideas and Requests" and we can look at it."
Taunya nods.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Alright, I think that wraps up our Player Heartbeat."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)On to Player Topics! I have Toroni down as the first person to introduce."
Merick declares, "Boo!!"
Merick grins.
Kinaed peers curiously at Merick, "(Eld)Go ahead, Toroni, when you're ready."
Toroni nods.
Toroni queries, "Ok. so I'm wondering, why when say I hand an ahalin key over to a knight, if they are in order as well, its sending logs to staff of breakins?"
Caen is idle.
Silrie asks, "Did you key assign it to them?"
Kinaed states to Toroni, "(Eld)Not sure, if the key is owned by the Order, it should be just fine."
Silrie muses, "In the past, knight and orderite keys were different. Maybe they haven't all been... standardized yet?"
Kinaed queries to Toroni, "(Eld)Can you bug that for investigation please?"
Kinaed nods at Silrie.
Toroni says to Kinaed, "It wasn't.. I handed some shackles over to merick, and it treated it like it wasn't owned by him.. but knights are now order, so"
Toroni nods.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Yeah, I'm not sure Toroni. Please do bug it, we'll need to have a look."
Toroni says, "I had something else, but I can't think of it just yet"
Kinaed wonders to Toroni, "(Eld)Is that the only thing on your mind that you wanted to raise?"
Kinaed nods at Toroni.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Next up - Vicannia, please introduce us to your topic. :)"
Vicannia clears throat "So, several weeks ago I ran into a situation where I was fighting someone, and I entered the scene within the proper range for the weapon I was wielding, medium. However the person once combat was initiated, used the flee command to leave combat, nothing wrong with that, but then immediatly returned, at an extended range and reiniated combat. This seems wrong. If you are going to flee from combat you should actually flee, not just flee only to return instantly now with an advantage in range."
Merick shakes his doll at Kinaed
Vicannia says, "I mean this is more of a PSA but it still feels like something worth bringing up."
Silrie states, "Gaming the game, sounds like."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)That sounds like it would come under twinking"
Silrie nods.
Toroni agrees
Taunya nods.
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I don't know."
Silrie claims, "If I'm fleeing, I'm gone, man. :D"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Seems a bit like utilizing strategy to me."
Silrie says, "Not codedly."
Leofrick says, "(Vavardi)I mean, it could count for.. strategy.."
Merick claims, "Strategy but also going around code"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I'll need to think on it."
Silrie nods at Merick.
Caen is no longer idle.
Caen has returned from AFK.
Vicannia claims, "This isn't the first instance of fleeing only to return instantly, but it's the first instance I've ran into where it's actually had a negative impact"
Azarial states, "(Daravi)That was what the charge command was added for in combat"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Right, but that means we need to plug the hole with code or policy, and we don't have code or policy stopping that."
Azarial states, "(Daravi)And it would reset attack/defense values"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)So right now, it's a person being extra creative who might look at that and say "I'm not twinking, geeze.""
Leofrick claims to Kinaed, "(Vavardi)Sounds more like a policy issue to me if it is to be addressed."
Vicannia claims, "But the name of the command is Flee, that would imply you are meant to flee, not return"
Leofrick declares, "(Vavardi)Or courtesy or something!"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Which is part of why i check if there is a pk goijng down before booting."
Taunya perhaps put a short timer in if you flee you can't re-enagage unless attacked?
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I think it's the sort of thing I'd prefer to cover with code because certain types of policy, particularly during fights or PKs, gets highly circumstantial."
Galen claims, "I think 'charge' is the command meant to change range with - using flee to do it more effectively seems like a loophole."
Addienna claims, "I think Flee should be.. fleeing. If I am running off I am not going to turn back and fight. :/ "
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I'll take that away and discuss it with the staff at large, thank you for reporting it, Vicannia."
Silrie nods at Addienna.
Vicannia claims, "I do have a log of the situation should that be needed"
Toroni states, "I'm thinking flee, you are trying to run.. doesn't mean use code to get an advantage"
Kinaed claims to Vicannia, "(Eld)I'd like to read it, yes."
Merick questions, "Does flee only move you a room away?"
Addienna does like to Flee... no hurting the pretties.
Vicannia says OOCly, "I'll send it to your email? It's somewhat large"
Vicannia says, "Damnit, meant to be a say"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)We've had this discussion in other ways before, and I don't want to be socially regulating PKs based off the usage of a command."
Leofrick flees away from Addienna, flailing like hell.
Addienna nods at Merick.
Kinaed states to Vicannia, "(Eld)Sure - kinaed.ti@gmail.com"
Addienna laughs at Leofrick.
Merick asks, "Maybe it should force you two rooms away? I don't know, just a thought"
Toroni remembered his thought
Leofrick questions, "(Vavardi)Ooh, since we're talking combat. Does flying take you to extended range by default?"
Kinaed states to Merick, "(Eld)Potentially, or preventing you from going back."
Leofrick says, "(Vavardi)Because I think.. it should."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Only throwing and ranged weapons can reach you in flight"
Leofrick declares, "(Vavardi)Ah, good!"
Merick trails off, "Or toroni could just throw someone..."
Silrie giggles.
Merick coughs
Leofrick snickers.
Toroni claims, "Hey"
Merick asks, "What?"
Kinaed wonders to Vicannia, "(Eld)Anything else to add before we move on to Silrie, who has several items to raise?"
Toroni says to Merick, "Fine.. your up page"
Merick says, "Oh hell"
Vicannia sorry that was it, was already getting the log up
Kinaed exclaims, "(Eld)No need to be sorry. Thanks!"
Kinaed questions to Silrie, "(Eld)Please introduce your first topic?"
Silrie declaims, "Ok! Let's do this! So, as I said, these are way low priority, but if I've mentioned 'em, it's been months. 1. Wagons / carriages / ride on carts that can hold a number of people. I'd think that carriages would be more noble and gentry things and carts / wagons would be for freeman, and maybe hold less. Carts up to two people, wagons four, and maybe carriages six? Just for some ideas when / if they are actually implemented. The ability to hitch horses would be amazing too or perhaps there could be a drive skill that could be added as well that would, instead of having the difficulty of hitched horses, enable you to drive a cart that is standardly described as having horses hitched to it. Might make things a bit easier in that regard if it ever ocmes to pass!"
Kinaed states to Silrie, "(Eld)On the agenda, but low priority given the things we have on our todo list."
Silrie exclaims, "Oh, most of these are! haha"
Silrie says, "Well, more like all."
Silrie says, "2. The ability to ride behind someone on their mount or to have someone ride behind you on yours. I think there's a forum thread up there but I also think I was half dead if I replied to it."
Toroni agrees with that
Addienna exclaims to Silrie, "I wanna ride with you!"
Taunya pontificates, "(Charali)Oh yeah!"
Toroni claims, "Or able to carry someone on back of a horse"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Again, in the cards to look at, but low priority."
Silrie declares to Addienna, "Romantic rides along harmon's lake shore, all right! :D"
Leofrick states, "(Vavardi)I can scoop up people then... horseback abductions."
Silrie says, "Haha."
Silrie states, "3. I was thinking about this with baby objects that people don't need anymore once their child gets older for it to either not be wanted as an object but an npc instead. Allow people the oppertunity to, like, retool their baby object and then stick it in the orphanage / put it up for adoption / start a plot with it, abandoned Daravi baby at the north gate! Whatever shall we do! Not sure if that'd be allowed currently what with tooling policy and such. Cnotes required if you do do it, I'd think. But it could be a fun spicing up of things from time to time."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Er, probably not something we'd be interested in doing."
Silrie declares, "Ok!"
Silrie says, "4. Maybe the ability to purchase a child npc? So you don't have a three year old that's 5 feet tall? Haha! Maybe add a standard little npc in the shops for those who wish to use npc children when that time arises for them? maybe these npc's don't scream and cry foul when you try picking them up as well? Haha! Especially since if it's a child npc you're playing with, chances are you'd not give them to someone untrusted to go haulin' off. Or, you know, just for the fun of carrying yourself. Like I said, looow priority, especially since not everyone likes npc's."
Estrilda is idle.
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)You mean as in to have children retainers or to represent your character's existing kids...?"
Estrilda is no longer idle.
Estrilda has returned from AFK.
Silrie claims, "Representing character's kids, definitely."
Silrie says, "Don't know why anyone would get a child retainer. lol"
Taunya states, "(Charali)Or for child slave armies."
Estrilda has a child retainer...
Silrie says, "LOL Or younger siblings, but I can't think of anything else."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)It seems a bit odd that we'd create the ability to circumvent having a baby, then it becoming a mob retainer just handing out mob retainers for purchase."
Addienna claims, "Cellan had them for some of her kids too."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think she actually had babies ICly first."
Silrie wonders, "Circumvent having a baby?"
Silrie claims, "That's not what I meant"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I'm not following, I think."
Estrilda says, "I got the retainer like when the 'baby' turned 4 to make it easier for posing and such. "
Silrie claims, "Ah, nevermind. I'm explaining it badly. lol. I actually love the fact that you can have babies."
Silrie nods at Estrilda.
Addienna says to Kinaed, "She did- I just meant she purchased children NPC mobs to represent them later on."
Estrilda trails off, "And Junked the baby (after telling staff what I was doing cause it just felt wrong to junk a baby...) "
Leofrick gasps,
Taunya laughs.
Silrie states, "Just saw a toddler retainer that was, like, taller than my pc and just thought it was funny."
Azarial muses, "(Daravi)You can alreayd purchase retainers to restring?"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Ahh, that seems fine. Let me think on it."
Kinaed claims to Azarial, "(Eld)Current retainers are all adults."
Kinaed asks of Silrie, "(Eld)Any more topics to raise?"
Taunya asks, "(Charali)Today's the hunting festival, any event for it?"
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Known issue. long standing very low priortiy change to how mobs save, load, and access sgae and skills."
Silrie declaims, "Ok! Movin' on! haha"
Silrie muses, "5. The ability to grow our own flax for light cloth! We can harvest wool from sheep, so can we pleeeeease have this implemented one day?"
Kinaed states to Taunya, "(Eld)Not by staff, I don't think."
Silrie states to Kinaed, "Charali holidays don't generally get love. XD"
Silrie states, "Oops. wrong person"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)I think that has been kicked around before and temi denied it for reasons I don;t remember"
Kinaed states to Silrie, "(Eld)Please post that one on the forums under ideas for consideration."
Silrie exclaims, "Sure!"
Silrie pontificates, "Aaaaaand!"
Silrie declares, "6. Oh, and just popped into my head! If a savage is only half savage, I take it that still means they're too savage enough to hold any leadership roles? LOL! Kinda gotta be... not at all barbarian? And would there even be any point in trying for one? I mean, if Galen didn't want it, past experience shows that at the moment, nobody ends up either stepping up or staying long, and the one person that would is barred. So... just not sure if it's worse thematically to have no leader at all or a savage leader? You guys would know better, having seen the response to such things in the past!"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I think it'd depend on if they represent it in RP and people knew about it, or if it was their dirty little secret."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)Half-duchies cannot be represented in code. you pick one and go wiht it, and string up as half."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)It's hard for code to test for that though."
Taunya claims to Silrie, "(Charali)As a half-savage, I think yes, wouldn't be accepted."
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Socially speaking...liekly woulnd;t get the job."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)As for no leader worse than a savage leader - I think we have to be true to our theme."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)There's always that chance that you would revert to type, chew on the furniture, skin the dog, and rosat it over the tea candles during the order society meetings, adn there you go, out on your ear."
Silrie shrugs. "Well, theme's theme. Just makes me feel bad that someone would do it but we have a gl who isn't happy and no one else who does.
Toroni backs away, from Silrie. grinning
Kinaed nods at Silrie.
Azarial says, "(Daravi)You are free to alt."
Taunya pontificates to Silrie, "(Charali)Yeah, no problem making an alt for it!"
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Okay, Merick?"
Silrie states, "Yeah... not right now."
Kinaed states to Merick, "(Eld)Please introduce your topics. :)"
Leofrick whispers to Silrie, "(Vavardi)Make.. a deal with the devil and be savage no more.. your soul, of course."
Silrie grins at Leofrick.
Silrie whispers to Leofrick, "(Whispered)Had I known, I'd never have chosen savage. Haha."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Nany does list a warning at the race selection menu."
Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Merick, I'm wondering if you lost link or something ... for that reason, I'll move on to Toroni and come back to you."
Merick claims, "Ok where to start, lol, I've just noticed a bit of an issue, at least for me, with training my weapons/defensive skills, they move really, really slowly, even after using them in real situations, not training (safe) situations, I noticed for instance my sword skill went up a tiny, tiny smidge, and then got bumped off the pool, I don't know if that's because of how many hits I got in, or what, just something a bit frustrating."
Kinaed pontificates, "(Eld)Oh, okay!"
Merick states, "Sorry jeeeeez"
Merick grins.
Kinaed queries to Merick, "(Eld)Have you learn mastered it?"
Azarial says, "(Daravi)You might need to fight a tougher trainer"
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Merick claims, "Haven't gotten to that point yet, it's at 30, I'm trying to get it up, along with my skills, I may have underset a bit, but it seems to take forever regardless."
Caen states, "Pooling is also just slow."
Galen can't chime in or catch up on stuff because he's in a call
Gothan is idle.
Silrie nods. Weapons pooling is indeed slow, it seems, especially in proportion to the cost of training if no one's around.
Gothan is no longer idle.
Gothan has returned from AFK.
Silrie claims, "When my alt was on, it didn't even pool through an entire battle scene."
Merick points at Silrie
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)It's a bit hard to tell (and no insult intended by this) if it's a matter of impatience or if those skills are genuinely going too slow. Anyone else want to add a thought on it? Also, are you practicing against other PCs or NPCs mainly?"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Because with mobs, if they're below your skill level, you won't learn."
Merick states, "And I was fighting a demon possessed fox, with a dagger, *coughnutscough* barely went up"
Caen says, "As far as I can tell, pooling is working normally"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay, having just read Silrie's comments, I'll have a look at that."
Toroni states, "Its not on defense, in training"
Merick says to Caen, "Your skills are high, mine are not"
Merick grins.
Azarial says, "(Daravi)The difficulty level of the npcs makes a major difference in pooling"
Kinaed queries, "(Eld)Mostly NPCs or PCs you're training against?"
Merick states, "Pc's"
Merick questions, "Should I be going against training hall npc's?"
Silrie claims, "But with npc training."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)And if they are using the weapon that nerfs your defense, or vice versa, you don;t get much out o fit"
Toroni says, "That was what I wanted to bring up. rimild noticed this, and I went and tested I was working with the master trainer.. the skill, is lower, and could poll, it was learn mastered, and I was using steel. but dodge was not pooling, at all no matter how many hits I took"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)If you train against the NPCs in the training hall, you'll see something we think is balanced."
Silrie asks, "If you choose one that is more difficult than you, you pay 25 silver, get hit once and knocked out of combat and then you're paying 25 again, but for what pool?"
Caen states, "Well you shouldn't be knocked out in one hit, that's too hard."
Merick states to Toroni, "You have to use the defense command, apparently, least that's what I heard earlier today"
Silrie wonders, "Besides, how do you know if you need beginner, master, grandmaster, etc?"
Azarial says, "(Daravi)There are weapons tha are not effective against certain defenses, and defenses are weak against certain weapons."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)HELP RANKS tells you what general proficiencies the ranks equate to."
Toroni claims, "Brb"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I think that you should try the trainers out and try a few different weapon defense combinations, because I think there's not enough information for staff to decide if there is a problem or not."
Leofrick declaims to Merick, "(Vavardi)Ayup, alternating between attacks and defence will take you a -long- way in training combat! :D"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Our current combat system has been in place for literally years, and I haven't heard of it pooling more slowly once things like NPC vs PC skill and weapon combinations are taken into account."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)The trainers should respond to says naming a weapon and switch up, but i don;t know if they have all fo the proper weapons or not after the mob kerfluffle, or if the progs load sa needed"
Silrie asks, "Oh! One more question if we have time?"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think, codewise, there's no major difference in PC and NPC pooling, but with an NPC you can go fairly quickly with simple emotes, whereas with a PC, you have to actually RP it out, which would be slower."
Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)Sure. :)"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)But with a PC you also get RPxp."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)And if your ranks exceeds the npcs level, you don;t pool."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Kinaed asks of Silrie, "(Eld)Are you typing your question?"
Silrie claims, "What happened to auto moving when trying to pick something up that you're not in range for? Is it still implemented? It was pretty awesome, but hasn't seemed to work for me recently."
Silrie claims, "Sorry, wasn't sure if you were done."
Azarial says, "(Daravi)There is a toggle for it"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)It's a toggle, so either it's still in place and it got toggled off, or there's a bug."
Merick wonders, "What's the toggle?"
Objects out of reach will be approached.
Silrie declaims, "Oh, automove. Got it now! Thank you!"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Type 'autolist' and it will show you all of the messages. Looks like automove is missing a help file though, so thanks for raising it. :)"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, we're out of time."
Taunya queries, "(Charali)So has anyone planned someting for the hunting festival? My character was really looking forward to it, but I don't really have the experience to run an event that big. If not, does someone have time to put something together?"
Merick trails off, "Ooooh..."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I think that's a no, Taunya."
Taunya sobs.
Kinaed comforts Taunya.
Silrie questions, "Probably not tonight, but if staff can throw some bison on grid, maybe tomorrow?"
Leofrick ab Archer replies to you, "You're so efficient I am jealous, LoL."
Kinaed claims to Taunya, "(Eld)You can certainly have a get together in a local inn or something yourself."
Kinaed says to Silrie, "(Eld)I'm not in a position to do so, my time is limited, but another staffer would probably be happy to help. We're low this week though."
Taunya claims, "(Charali)Don't think hunting rats counts."
Merick claims, "Should, they're everywhere "
Merick grins.
Leofrick trails off, "(Vavardi)I could knock a crocodile or two out and drag them to the streets..."
Leofrick coughs.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Actually, I'll just do it shortly somewhere random."
Leofrick states, "(Vavardi)I jest."
Silrie grins.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)And if you find and kill it, let me know, II'll give the killer a QP. There, quest."
Silrie states to Taunya, "Approach me about it icly. We'll get a bunch of people together to go beat up animals for meat or something."
Silrie claims to Taunya, "If not tonight, then maybe tomorrow."
Taunya claims, "(Charali)Okay."
Silrie grins at Kinaed.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay, throwing everyone back on grid soon. I'll let you know when the bison is in game. It will be marked as the quest bison just in case there are others around."
Leofrick queries to Kinaed, "(Vavardi)It is not me.. is it? I am not the target.. right?"
Taunya says to Silrie, "(Charali)By the way, it is a Lithmorran holiday, no Charali"
Kinaed grins slowly at Leofrick.
Leofrick trails off to Kinaed, "(Vavardi)I am sorry for everything I said. Really..."
Taunya says, "(Charali)Not*"
Silrie snorts.
Kinaed declaims, "(Eld)Vote for TI if you haven't today! Thanks!"
Kinaed waves cheerfully.
Addienna waves.
Gothan has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Estrilda has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Caen has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Merick has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Addienna has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Taunya has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Vicannia has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]