Log of OOC Meeting 7/2/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kiana questions, "I was asked to bring up code unconsciousness and the effects on RP if that's ok Kin?"

Kinaed claims, "Sure is, jotting it down."

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else have anything they'd like to talk about?"

Kiana states, "Uh. Second topic. Ways to make troubs more useful"

Kiana is acting as someones proxy

Kinaed says, "Noted."

Kinaed claims, "Anything else? C'mon guys, we'll need ways to fill the time."

Kiana asks, "The life the universe and everything?"

Kinaed trails off, "I guess so... "

Kinaed jots it down. P

Jamus claims, "I've been pretty content over all, and haven't run into anything that confuses me. Sorry :("

Kinaed says to Jamus, "Hehe, no worries :)"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, let's begin with our Staff Updates."

Kinaed states, "Last week, I completed about 50% of the diseases spec, cause man it's harder than I thought it will be. I intend to complete the other 50% today."

Kinaed states, "I still plan to complete roles and the jail automation spec. I sent it to a player who asked to assist last week, but haven't heard back."

Jamus queries, "What was the decision on diseases, btw? Extreme or nonextreme?"

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, my responsibility regardless, so will jump on it."

Ellette says "Hooray. What are the plans for diseases in regards to permanence?"

Kinaed claims, "Fairly extreme, but it takes a lot to get deadly - like willful ignorance."

Jamus says, "Perfect"

Kinaed claims, "All perm effects can be resolved with magic if it really comes down to it, but again, by the time you need magical intervention, you've clearly decided to go with 'frak it'."

Kylar snickers.

Kinaed claims, "Diseases have 3 stages."

Jamus states, "A Jamus without leprosy is a relatively pleasant Jamus, and I won't have that"

Kinaed says, "The first stage is relatively mild and very curable, even for the more extreme diseases."

Kiana has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "The second stage is when serious affects pop in, like con reductions, etc - these are temporary if cured."

Kinaed says, "Again, at this stage, cures will generally be physician-based."

Kylar nods.

Drueta is idle.

Kinaed says, "The early stage is the first 0-2 OOC days, the medium stage is day 3-5."

Kinaed states, "Er, day 3-7, sorry."

Galen asks, "Does it progress when you're not logged in?"

Kinaed states, "OOC day 8 is late stage."

Kylar claims, "More than enough time, it sounds like."

Cellia is idle.

Kinaed states, "I haven't decided, Galen, but probably."

Kinaed states, "Might be that time is reduced with a 24 hour buffer for next login or something."

Galen trails off, "Yeah, best to keep in mind people who can't log on as frequently..."

Ellette says "My worry with diseases was always whether they'd be curable. Im happy with how these sound as they offer a nice way to cure but can also be super debilitating."

Cellia is no longer idle.
Cellia has returned from AFK.

Galen claims, "I think the less things that become an OOC stressor or make logging into the game feel like an obligation or job, the better."

Kinaed says, "At stage 3, either you'll auto heal (minor diseases will), you'll have a permanent (can only be cured with magic) affect, or if it's a really bad disease like the plague, you'll get contacted for a death roll."

Tacitus is idle.

Tacitus is no longer idle.
Tacitus has returned from AFK.

Kiana asks, "Will these death rolls be affectable by things like attending physicians, etc similar to poison rolls?"

Kylar asks, "Ring around the rosy. Now, would a disease like the plague be contageous? Wasn't it highly so?"

Kinaed claims, "Yes, we planned to follow the poison roll pattern exactly."

Kinaed says, "Yes, it was Kylar."

Kinaed says, "For the most part, diseases are not contagious. You get them because Health Metrics are low and you perform an act that exposes you to disease, like walking in the rain, drinking dirty water, bathing in the river, breeding, etc."

Kylar muses, "Breathing?"

Kinaed claims, "In order to get any of the most serious diseases, health metrics need to be below 10."

Kylar claims, "Oh, breeding. Read that wrong."

Ellette says "No sex for y'all. The order would be proud."

Kinaed states to Kylar, "The most easy to get is walking in the rain or snow, but that's not how you get the plague."

Kinaed says to Ellette, "That's the fun one. Long term affects are madness."

Kiana queries, "What about biological warfare? Will there be ways to deliberately force contraction (or severely increase the possibility of) of disesases?"

Kylar claims, "I kind of like that. Makes it more realistic while still offering us chances to avoid serious lasting consequences."

Jamus says, "A plauge rain would be an amazing spell for a mage to have, in my opinion"

Kinaed states to Kiana, "At this time, no."

Kylar claims, "Or to use them to kill off a character we might not want."

Ellette nods to Kinaed "Too much sin drives you mad folks!"

Sarnai declaims, "Ye olde venereal disease!"

Kinaed nods at Sarnai.

Penn gets the following from a thick canvas seabag, with leather straps and drawstrings:
a yellow oilskin hat
a yellow oilskin cloak

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's where I'm at with diseases. I am not done, and who knows how I might change some of those things."

Penn wears a yellow oilskin cloak about his body.
Penn wears a yellow oilskin hat on his head.

Kylar states, "Sounds great from where I'm standing."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says to Kylar, "Thanks for the support. I know there's a broad variety of opinions regarding diseases as per the forums."

Ellette nods "I approve. My previous fears have been put to bed."

Kinaed smiles at Ellette.

Galen says, "Sounds good! Especially if it doesn't progress too fast if you can't log in often or at ideal times."

Kylar claims to Kinaed, "Yeah, and you've managed to create a system that, I think, pleases everyone."

Jamus says, "I like hte idea of diseases, and the implementation seems interesting too, so I'm all for it."

Kinaed smiles.

Cellia claims, "My only worry is that the health metrics will be kept high and we'll never see them"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Thanks folks! Okay, that's my update. Next is Azarial -"

Penn questions, "Could clothing be waxed to protect against weather?"

Cellia wonders, "Can we have a couple independent of the metric?"

Kinaed says to Cellia, "The lower ones can be caught without health metrics being too low, but they're rare."

Azarial states, "Mostly hammering the bug list this week, with a few items here and there toi advance the lsat of the city spec, sice the builders are overwhelmed."

Kinaed says, "Ie, the lower the health metrics, the more common diseases are. And the more severe ones only come out when health metrics are sufficiently low."

Toroni is idle.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed has a quick look at the changes list whilst Azarial does her update.

Kinaed states, "We've added the sector type to Look Around."

Romeo is idle.

Kinaed states, "The Seneschal forecast commands are in... hmm storytellers got some new commands including loading mobs and objects for their stories."

Kinaed claims, "Newbie gear no longer goes into the collection chest when donated."

Kinaed says, "Treat now shows what object is required to assist in healing the injury when the injury is inspected."

Ellette asks "Seneschal?"

Romeo is no longer idle.
Romeo has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "Yes, a moment."

Kinaed has created the City Council Spec[10].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 10)the City Council Spec

Kinaed states, "The seneschal is a new, very spiffy role that will come out when City Metrics come in."

Ellette gets the City Council Spec.

Kylar states, "Oh, nice, I like the storytelling changes."

Jamus gets the City Council Spec.

Kylar gets the City Council Spec.

Kinaed says, "That dude can see how people are currently voting and try to strategize with people (if they want, or they can let all hell break loose)."
Penn surreptitiously picks up the City Council Spec.

Sarnai gets the City Council Spec.

Kinaed claims, "They also get a huge income and an office in the Town Hall."

Gothan gets the City Council Spec.

Galen asks, "Hmm... do you think maybe we can get some story tools to run a story that your character is not actually involved in?"

Galen questions, "Or would you just make yourself invisible?"

Galen wonders, "Or have people just ignore you?"

Kinaed states, "I'll think about invisible STing."

Kylar says, "That would be nice."

Cellia wonders, "Can they see how the Tenebrae votes?"

Kinaed states, "Seneschal basically follows ye old House Bids method, but any person in Lithmore can nominate and campaign to become the senescual for 6 OOC months."

Kinaed says, "They can see the vote, but not who the Tenebrae is."

Kiana gets the City Council Spec.

Romeo has lost link.

Margaux says, "Will they be able to see how anyone votes? I'm sure there are more people than Tenebrae that would want to be covert."

Kinaed states, "Yes."

Kiana muses, "Any restrictions on who can become senschal? EG not a current GL?"

Romeo has reconnected.

Kinaed states, "They'll know that the Merchants are leaning towards economics, and Baroness Margaux is going for Morale."

Cellia asks, "Freemen may become it as well?"

Kinaed says to Kiana, "No restrictions, I don't -think-."

Kinaed nods at Cellia.

Kinaed states, "Let me read that spec for a sec."

Margaux muses, "No Daravi, Hills or Charali IIRC?"

Galen states, "I think it was freeman, but not Hill, Charali, or Daravi, yeah"

Azarial claims, "No brabarians, nope."

Sarnai states, "There goes my dreams."

Kinaed says, "The income is sweet."

Kinaed questions to Azarial, "Can GLs be the seneschal?"

Kinaed can't remember.

Azarial says, "Umm."

Azarial looks.

Kylar makes plans.

Cellia says, "If that's still under debate, I would vote no."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I think that's all of the worthwhile stuff from Azarial's recent work. Whilst Az looks that up, let's move on to Ismael."

Kylar sits down on the ground.

Ismael says, "This week I finished the Cult's helpfiles which can be found at help cult of transcendent ecstasy, finished the last TOTW #5 (help lithmorran lithmorran), began a project to change TOTWs to monthly topics with better articles and more in-depth analysis, and worked on requests. From now on, the Roleplay Workshop will have a monthly topic of discussion and the next one is on VANDAGANS. Interested players can send me a pboard if they want to write anything for it, though as normal it'll be opened in 28 days for general public anyways. We are doing this to up the quality of these discussion threads because they are being added to helpfiles. Expect the topics to be very informative and helpful. I plan to keep fleshing out the TOTM this week and work on the Vandagan festival table. Medical helpfiles are on hold until diseases are implemented. The Cult's temple update is on hold as well, with the new changes. "

Kinaed says, "Nice and succinct."

Sarnai has lost link.
Sarnai has reconnected.

Ismael smiles.

Kinaed claims, "Alas, that's all for Staff Updates. :) But we're half way through the hour."

Kinaed muses, "Time to focus on players! Player Heartbeat - how was the game in the last week, folks?"

Azarial claims, "Have to be at least 16, so no child tyrants. not a barbarian, as mentioned. not a current guildleader, alts a a guild leader, or staff, and has not already withdrawn this time around."

Kiana states, "Pretty good here."

Kinaed smiles at Kiana.

Kylar states, "It's been intense, in some ways, but really wonderful and fun."

Kinaed wonders, "What about everyone else? RP good?"

Roise claims, "It was my first week, but I'm enjoying it thoroughly "

Kinaed says to Kylar, "That's what I like to hear."

Jamus states, "I've been having a great time tooling around as Jamus. Just barely skirting the edge of being a straight up antagonist has been really fun."

Ismael smiles at Roise.

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed nods at Jamus.

Kinaed asks, "Anything shitting anyone about the game this week? Running into any irritating barriers, etc?"

Kylar grins.

Galen states, "It's a bit hard for me to find RP lately."

Drueta is no longer idle.
Drueta has returned from AFK.

Galen claims, "A lot of my online time is spent taking care of guild business it feels like."

Kinaed claims to Galen, "Any idea why? As I recall it, you'll RP with anyone."

Azarial states to Penn, "Belatedly, waxed or oiled leather or canvas tends to be the norm"

Kinaed claims to Galen, "If the role makes you unhappy, please don't feel forced to do it. We can find another GL."

Galen states, "It's ok, really! I just get stressed about activity sometimes."

Kinaed comforts Galen.

Kylar just stands in Galen's shop and stares at him for an hour.

Roise pontificates, "I am literally always looking for rp, if anyone ever wants to rp shoot me a tell! :)"

Galen trails off, "It'd be helpful if support didn't drop off completely if you went inactive one week... I went from Entrenched all the way down to Neutral instantly"

Penn says to Azarial, "Ah I see, so no bonus for my cute yellow raincloak."

Romeo claims, "I just wish there were more people on when I'm on."

Azarial states, "Plastic has not been invented, if that's what you mean."

Kylar states to Roise, "You're doing great. You're high on that activity list."

Ellette says to Galen "Its okay. If you ever need folks to rp with and take your mind off things then let me know. Its important to try to not stress too much of you can. Get a new magnate to help you out perhaps?"

Kinaed says, "You can also advertise that you're looking for RP on OOC Channels or send tells to people."

Azarial states, "I am wokring on that; it shouldn;t hit quite so hard"

Kylar wonders, "Oh, hey, I just thought of something. Can I get added, Kinaed, please?"

Penn says to Azarial, "No, I don't mean plastic. just classic flaxoil-treated oilcloth."

Azarial inadvertnatly reest all fo the guildleader stats by putting a 'continue' in the wrong spot in support.

Azarial says to Penn, "That should be fine, then"

Kinaed states to Kylar, "Sure, jotting you down."

Romeo claims, "When your character is unlikable and no one wants to rp :("

Ellette says "Im gonna try and use my alts more and get more public rp done now ive settled into gl role. So Ill be all up for scenes with any and everyone.

Roise declares, "Not true! I'll rp with anyone, its why I'm here! haha"

Azarial wields a long handled broom.

Azarial shoulders her polearm.

Kinaed comforts Romeo.

Galen claims, "It'd be nice to put up the Magnate for application as a role.."

Romeo says, "But it's cool. I just barge into scenes anyway >:)"

Kinaed muses to Galen, "No one in the guild wants it?"

Galen says, "If I could keep one :C"

Azarial states, "Plesae remember to support your guild leader, so they can keep doing their job"

Ellette says to Romeo "Icly folks may not like him. But your char is great. You bring conflict reslly well and I love the way you play romeo as this all talk cowardly sort ;)"

Kinaed says, "Unless you hate them, then subvert them so people can gambit them out."

Kinaed states, "Or so you can gambit them out."

Kinaed sage nods.

Ellette nods "Yes... support us..."

Kylar grins.

Romeo states, "Yes, gambit us."

Kinaed states, "Oh yeah - guildleader command now flat out tells you when someone's position is tenacious enough for a gambit."

Margaux states, "That is a nice change."

Kinaed claims, "So if you type 'guildleader' right now, at the bottom you can see that Romeo is in a tough position."

Romeo states, "Or blow us up when we're all gathered in the cathedral."

Kylar says, "Poor Romeo."

Romeo says, "Well, y'know."

Roise claims, "Oh, I was going to mention when you said you handed a spec to a player... If any help is ever required I wouldn't mind putting my eyes on it. I'm a game developer (programmer) with a background in game design :)"

Gothan has lost link.

Galen is a game dev toooo!

Kinaed claims to Roise, "You're going to regret saying that as I need help with our Roles spec. Let me touch base with you after."

Roise states, "I won't regret it for a second, haha I like this place, wouldn't mind helping if I can"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says, "Thank you. I'll touch base soon. Okay, let's move on since we've completed our Player Heartbeat."

Kinaed claims, "Player topics."

Kinaed questions to Kiana, "Please introduce your first topic to us?"

Penn looks to Kiana.

Kiana claims, "So the first one is modifying code unconsciousness. I've had two RPs recently that involved a character losing consciousness due to code injuries"

Kinaed nods at Kiana.

Kiana continues to copy

Kiana states, "I think it's crazy that in a game so huge on RP, there is a code-system where, when unconscious, you cannot see what someone else is posing. It makes it very hard on code physicians, because you cannot pose what visible symptoms/injuries they would see based on what treatment they want to do."

Kiana says, "I'm all for keeping it such that you can't look around, look at yourself, move, etc."

Kiana states, "But you should be able to see someone's pose"

Kinaed states, "That's odd... we put in a spec for that awhile ago that when unconscious, you do see emotes, etc."

Kinaed claims, "That seems a bit buggy."

Kiana claims, "That might be it honestly"

Azarial states, "No has bugged any further spots, or blindness, so I figured we were good."

Kiana states, "Again acting as someones proxy :P they've been having some trouble in scenes recently due to unconsciousness"

Kinaed states, "Could you report that and we'll dig up the old spec. Either it wasn't completed, wasn't tested properly, or something."

Galen says, "Yeah, there are still a lot of remnants from back when the game was more overtly competitive."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial states, "Heh. it was a ROM. there was no RP."

Kinaed grins at Azarial.

Kinaed nods.

Kiana claims, "I'll look into it"

Kinaed exclaims to Kiana, "Thank you!"

Kiana says, "And thanks Kin that's good to know. I'll pass that along"

Kiana queries, "I can go into the second thing now as well then if you don't mind?"

[OOC] Icarus: "Im only on ep2 but im loving Ash vs the evil dead."

Tacitus is idle.

Kinaed states, "Yeah, tell your friend that we agree completely - those things should be possible, which is why we wrote (and thought we implemented) a spec to alter those things. It's possible that either we didn't get it right on implementation (ROM code can be a bit difficult if not everything that affects things is in a single area) or it was not implemented (lower priority, but clearly important to people, so we'll dust that off)"

Tacitus is no longer idle.
Tacitus has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "Either way, we will need a bug board. And yep, please introduce Topic #2."

Toroni has left the game.

Kiana claims, "The other one is ideas for ways to make troubs more 'useful'. One being that an ongoing performance or music at a gathering should add an RPXP bonus or something, by a troub. It just seems that troubs are currently one of the least 'code-useful' guilds in game"

Kinaed asks, "Even with their access and preference to rumor?"

Kiana says, "Uh. I'm not sure. I'm a glorified mouthpiece here admittedly"

Kiana states, "I believe she had a forum post she was working on about that"

Kiana states, "But i'm not sure if that's gone up yet"

Kinaed asks, "Is the idea just RPxp, etc?"

Kinaed nods at Kiana.

Galen would like to see more code-supported activities in general...

Kiana states, "I believe just an rpxp bonus similar to how moods, rp with nobles, etc works"

Azarial muses, "Ie, using perform or the the like?"

Kiana states, "I assume so"

Galen says, "I remember someone suggesting that performance could grant a 'lifted spirit' status that confers some minor bonus"

Kinaed states, "Let me think on that one, but in the meantime, I'd be happy to see a forum post. I know we once considered offering bonuses to things like pool processing or something if a bard was performing, but never implemented. The thing was, I know we deliberately decided not to, I just don't recall why."

Kylar claims, "But only for bards, I think."

Jamus states, "The only problem I have with something like this is that the more code support you add, the less people tend to do things "for the sake of it""

Kinaed nods at Jamus.

Kylar says, "Well, I'm not seeing many performances just for the sake of it. The last coded one was about Two Yules ago or something."

Cellia has lost link.
Cellia has reconnected.

Kinaed nods at Kylar.

Kiana says, "Pretty much."

Kinaed says, "I'm not against adding a carrot or incentivizing behavior we want to see. I'm just not sure about this one or the ramifications of it."

Kiana trails off, "The context behind this was a discussion we had about the bards because there's... really no incentive to do bard rp compared to the other guilds"

Kinaed nods at Kiana.

Kiana claims, "ORder/knights has at the least mages, thieves have their entire deal, reeves catch the lawbreakers, physicans patch everybody up, etc"

Kinaed claims, "RPxp might not be something we want to muck with, but it's also max capped in earnings potential in its own way because the highest you can achieve is legendary rewards."

Romeo can't argue with any of this.

Jamus states, "Maybe rather than something so extravagant as an RP bonus, it could be an increase to your paycheck for that week? I've got no idea how the system works, but maybe your perform skill could give you a certain amount of silver based on the amount of people in the room, your skill, etc. This way it could still give you an incentive to perform, and the equivalent of spent RPXP rather than something you can allocate freely? Just tossing it out there."

Kinaed says, "So a bard may well become welcome everywhere. I just hope it doesn't seem like magic, or we get people doing a performance in the background when they're RPing other stuff, etc."

Jamus claims, "Still very new so I'm basically walking a tightrope when it comes to suggestions haha"

Kinaed nods at Jamus.

Kiana states, "Bards just sort of fall into this wierd spot where there's nothing really do do other than walk into a bar and start randomly singing, and doing a good performance can be a huge investment on time on the part of the bard for practically no reward"

Kinaed nods at Kiana.

Tacitus questions, "Maybe we can somehow link assets to performances and the more a bard plays in public (taverns or RPs with more than X number of players), the more they earn through that system when it is implemented?"

Romeo states, "Random performances do take a lot of time and effort."

Kinaed nods at Romeo.

Kinaed nods at Tacitus.

Kiana says, "Going wayyyy back in time I beleive there were some ideas to allow Bards to have a more influential position in city politics (ala bardic scepter) but a lot of that seems to be either little known, or just not used often"

Galen loves Romeo's horrible, horrible songs.

Kylar states, "Next time, walk in, toss a container on the floor and start performing until people start throwing silver, and if they don't, follow them home until they do."

Galen muses, "Maybe bard support / subversion can count for more?"

Kinaed says to Kylar, "You rock."

Romeo states, "The Bardic Nuisance."

Jamus states, "Ah, Foul Ole Bard"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Or maybe - toss down a hat and if they don't give silver, compose a ballad or even just a line or two "in their honor""

Romeo grins.

Kinaed states, "About how they had sex with various farm animals."

Kylar grins at Kinaed.

Penn laughs.

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, as we've got 12 minutes..."

Sarnai wonders, "And got some brand new, shiny diseases from it?"

Romeo trails off, "Well, husbandry was implemented for a reason..."

Kinaed questions, "Let's move on - Kylar, you had an idea about... ?"

Ellette nods "Galen makes a good point. Troubs are meant to be somewhat influential and respected no? Hence easy rumor sccess."

Kinaed grins at Romeo.

Kinaed nods at Sarnai.

Penn looks to Kylar.

Kinaed states, "Yeah, don't annoy a troub, they have A LOT of power in the rumor system."

Kylar states, "Exactly. If they're cheap, start rumors, sing this is the song that doesn't end while your backup singers guard the tavern door until they just empty their coinpurse to get you to shut up."

Margaux claims, "I'm sad that the spying/informant/diplomacy side of barding seems to have dropped off."

Kinaed says, "Just a reminder, folks - please rumor. If you're not playing the support game, it's a way to get IP and it's free."

Kylar says, "Would it be possible to implement coded mirrors that will reflect either a room with you in it back to you or just your own reflection as people see you in a room, coded affects and all? there are some circumstances where I've found some of my characters are unaware of affects placed upon them because they do not show up when I look at myself. And the fact that I can't tell at a quick glance if I've missed the initial echo makes for some confusing rp where I should know what's been done to me but don't, and need to rp around that."

Ellette thinks about bringing her troub alt back to see if she can start singing about beasteality for silver.

Romeo claims, "I can definitely assure you it hasn't in all senses, Marg."

Romeo says, "I had some fun spying RP last week."

Galen says, "I think you should show up in a room like other people do, personally."

Galen says, "Since the game is 3rd person."

Kinaed states to Kylar, "It sounds like a good idea, so I'll jot it down, but it will probably be low priority."

Drueta is idle.

Kinaed questions, "Everyone knows you can 'eavesdrop', right?"

Margaux pontificates to Romeo, "Good!"

Jamus claims, "Writing rumors is a ton of fun"

Romeo pontificates, "That Vaxin Corn!"

Azarial claims, "Rumors are the tabloids of the time, so some people will be under the microscope more than others, mind."

Jamus muses, "Hast thou heard of the terrifying mage, "Vaxy Cor?""

Kylar muses, "I've tried eavesdropping into other rooms on alts in the past, but it says you need a tool for that. Is that obtainable on grid?"

Cellia states, "Whoever is doing that, you make me laugh quite hard."

Kinaed claims to Kylar, "I'm not sure, but thanks for letting us know. It should be a jeweler craft item and purchasable both, and it's a listening horn."

Kinaed asks of Azarial, "What is the vnum for the obj so I can typo it?"

Kylar claims, "Aaaah, all right."

Drueta is no longer idle.
Drueta has returned from AFK.

Ellette ponders why noone has hired bards to spy of thats a thing. Perhaps if she ever plays a noble she will do so.

Margaux says, "Kylar: http://1d22fa0be3e56085105a-04bbb503a45 ... umpet-.jpg"

Kylar says, "Ah, god, my eyes."

Jamus states, "You, too, can look this cool"

Kinaed states, "Oh please, that's an ugly one. Some are cute."

Sarnai claims, "Pull it out in the tavern, be awesome."

Kylar queries, "Weren't these used for deaf people in medieval times?"

Azarial states, "Got me. you;d need to ask the builders"

Kylar distinctly remembers reading something where an old man used an ear trumpet.

Kinaed queries, "Https://www.google.com.au/search?q=list ... z_bRgBM%3A"

Margaux says, "If you want cool: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Meuron.jpg"

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, we have 7 minutes, and we're out of topics. What does everyone want to discuss? Any shameless plugs for events?"

Jamus questions, "I would like to suggest one last thing if we've got a few minutes?"

Kinaed says to Jamus, "Sure do. Perfect timing."

Romeo questions, "Oh, can I also say something?"

Kinaed nods at Romeo.

Romeo states, "After Sir Jamus."

Kinaed nods at Romeo.

Kylar revels in freedom, eats chocolate, kisses a few wenches, has a pint, starts a fight, then staggers back to his box.

Jamus states, "I've been playing Jamus as sort of a public nuisance, which is fun and all, but it's kinda hard to determine whether or not you're doing so in a fun way or, well, like a public nuisance. It would be cool to have something like the recommend system but a little less stringent, just to get an idea of what the OOC reception to your character is."

Kylar says, "I think he's brilliant from the little I've seen."

Roise declares, "I haven't encountered yet, but will let you know when/if I do! "

Jamus pontificates, "Haha, awesome! I'm having a load of fun with him, it's just that it can be hard to toe the line between fun and "here he comes again to steal the scene""

Kinaed says, "The reason recommendation criteria is strict is because it's put into place to specifically reward certain behavior as opposed to being a general feel good reward."

Gothan is idle.

Romeo says, "I love the bastard."

Romeo hugs Jamus.

Kinaed says, "We want to reward people who take risks and do naughty things."

Kinaed states, "If we open it up to feel good things, we really make what it takes to get a recommendation a bit too easy."

Penn wonders, "Recommend could work for that, couldn't it?"

Galen queries, "So, a more general feedback command?"

Jamus states, "Oh sure, I didn't mean just less stringent, but with less reward as well - zero, I'd think. Just a little nudge of "right nice work" rather than "you have made the game better entirely""

Kinaed claims to Penn, "Right now, recommends have a criteria for acceptance. "I love your RP" will be rejected back to the recommender with a request to reword the recommend to explain what about the RP was good, what effect it had in game, and how it moved the plot along."

Kiana states, "Honestly I think you can be reccomended for what your doing pretty easily Jamus"

Kinaed nods at Kiana.

Kylar claims, "I honestly like the recommend system as it is, and while I don't get them often, it means that when I do, it means something."

Kinaed says, "That does remind me - people, please take the time to recommend others."

Jamus says, "I have a few times but the paranoia never abates haha"

Azarial states, "Recomendations outlive your character on your account. it's better to rmmerb a scene or arc, than just a random 'i love your rp'"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Cellia says, "I love looking back at recs"

Kylar claims, "Same."
Penn asks of Kinaed, "Perhaps put recommend on a scale system? 0 points for opinion things?"

Romeo says, "Same."

Roise states, "Me too, my.. oh right.. too new :( haha"

Romeo states, "Although I can't ever remember getting a recommendation for being nice."

Kylar states, "You can still work an opinion into a rec, I believe. You must simply explain it."

Kinaed says, "It's also important for people to think about the impact they're having on the game and also to remember that people doing annoying things may actually be the people bringing the conflict that the game needs to be entertaining."

Kinaed states to Romeo, "Hehe, you wouldn't even if you were nice, because we don't approve those."

Romeo states, "Curses! Now I have to be this way forever."

Kinaed says, "The criteria for a recommend approval is in the help file, and you can even guess how the recommend will be scored because we show the scoring system there."

Kylar grins at Romeo.

Kinaed states, "Okay, everyone - it's the top of the hour."

Romeo queries, "Wait! Please?"

Kinaed says to Romeo, "Oh, I'm sorry! Yes, quickly."

Jamus states, "Right, sounds good then. I'll just try and keep the antagonism within reasonable limits and make sure it doesn't happen -every- scene :)"

Kylar yells, "Never! Antagonize them till they throw you in jail!"

Kinaed claims to Jamus, "Antagonists are the most worthy of our recommends :) Keep it up."

Ismael claims, "Yeah, we have a special category for antagonists :D"

Ismael hugs antagonists.

[OOC] Kyrand: "Rawr"

Romeo muses, "There's a play that's taking place on the 8th at the Globe! Please attend if you can. Kinaed, should I write an IC Events note?"

Kinaed nods at Romeo.

Jamus claims, "My hope is to one day get a bar named in Jamus' honor: The Drunken Gnome"

Kinaed states, "Throw it in the Request Board."

Romeo states, "Also, I'll never write a play again. It's hard dude."

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed nods at Romeo.

Kinaed comforts Romeo.

Azarial says, "Could see if there are some old plays laying around and do a return performance"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, thank you everyone, for attending our 146th recorded OOC Chat."

Margaux states to Romeo, "It can be, but rewarding too."

Kylar whistles.

Margaux says, "I have an old ballet you could do... sounds like Romeo's style. :)"

Kinaed says, "On a few last notes - please vote to keep our game visible and encourage other players to come check us out and make your game more fun by, er, actually having people to play with."

Romeo declares, "Awesome Marg!"

Kinaed claims, "Please remember to recommend the people who irritate you most because that means your RP isn't all tea parties and taverns."

Roise states, "I'm trying to convince about 5 people I used to rp with to join :)"

Romeo states, "Yay. New blood."

Tomas states, "You know what's really irritating. Government officials. >.>"

Kinaed asks, "Any other plugs before I hit the retrans button and let everyone get back to their daily scheduled RP?"

Kiana states, "Blood for the blood god"

Kinaed states to Roise, "Thank you :)"

Margaux says to Roise, "Just one hit of TI-crack and they'll be hooked."

Kylar grins.

Romeo says, "But you're... a government official."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, retrans in 5..."

Kinaed trails off, "4..."

Kinaed trails off, "3..."

Kinaed trails off, "2..."

Tomas claims, "Yes all the recommends for government officials"

Kiana waves and hugs everybody

Ismael waves.