Log of OOC Meeting 6/25/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Gerolf

Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:25 pm

[RPxp: none Free: 34691] [HP:excellent MV:rested P:walk] (Diremote)(R)
Kinaed has transferred Hunapo.
A Comfortable Room
[Perfect]
A plethora of gaily coloured silk pillows with fringes and tassels
completely conceal the floor. A large pillow in the corner stands out, a
brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless. Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination. Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees.

[ Exits: down ] [ Air exits: none ]
A case for a deck of cards lies here forgotten. (northern edge)
[AFK] Margaux is here. [App: 5]
Sayeda is here. [App: 4]
Silrie is here. [App: 4]
Estrilda is here. [App: 3]
Galen is here. [App: 5]
Tomas is here.[P] [App: 4]
Romeo is here.
Mansen is here. [App: 4]
Leofrick is here. [App: 3]
Emma is here.[P] [App: 5]
Fyurii is here. [App: 3]
Kinaed is here. [App: 5]
Temi is here. [App: 5]
Azarial is here.[P] [App: 5]

Kinaed has transferred Gaspard. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Drueta. [OOC]

Temi gives a velvety toy in the likeness of an adorable, chubby piglet to Hunapo.

Temi gives a velvety toy in the likeness of an adorable, chubby piglet to Gaspard.

Kinaed says, "Is there anyone willing to volunteer to be our Scribe today? This entails some QP to post a log of the OOC Chat up on the forums for those who could not attend."

Temi gives a velvety toy in the likeness of an adorable, chubby piglet to Drueta.

Romeo declaims, "Thanks!"

Hunapo claims, "Sure"
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Kinaed states to Hunapo, "Thank you."

Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed listens to the sound of crickets chirping.

Silrie giggles.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if anyone thinks of anything during the OOC Chat, please send me a tell and I'll add your topic to the agenda."

Fyurii ain't got anything.

A velvety toy in the likeness of an adorable, chubby piglet oinks menacingly into the silence. [Silrie]

Galen jumps from Silrie's arms to Margaux's arms.

Kinaed claims, "I'll kick off Staff Updates. Last week, I cleared a few boards, did some PK analysis, updated HELP POLICY PKILL (check the new policy folks), processed recommends and basically did not get anything major done."

Kinaed says, "My main focus is still the eternal automated jail spec and roles spec. I wouldn't mind some help there."

Margaux hugs him and holds a Galen!

Kinaed states, "So if you're interested in reviewing those specs and helping out, send me a tell after the meeting."

Mansen asks, "Are you going to release the PK analysis?"

Kinaed trails off to Mansen, "Oh, sure. Um, what do I recall..."

Mansen says, "I'm mildly curious"

Kinaed says, "People who pkill are more likely to do it across alts."

Kinaed states, "The number one killer on TI has 15 deaths under their belt."

Kinaed has transferred Kiana. [OOC]

Kinaed says, "The number two killer has 14."

Temi gives a velvety toy in the likeness of an adorable, chubby piglet to Kiana.

Hunapo says, "So PKing is more player centric than character centric? That doesn't surprise me."

Kinaed is the 3 killer.

Kinaed nods at Hunapo.

Margaux wonders, "Does that include Inquisitors?"

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Fyurii asks, "Lol, jesus. When you say more likely to do it across alts, does that mean that they're more likely to do so with an alternate character then thier main?"

Galen trails off, "Goodness gracious..."

Romeo claims, "15 bodies."

Mansen states, "Bloodthirsty Kinaed."

Margaux queries, "How far back does the data go?"

Azarial claims, "More that if they are willing to k8ill on one alt, they are willing to kill on all alts"

Emma questions, "Which part of the PK policy helpfile is new?"

Kinaed says to Fyurii, "No, it means if they enjoy murderous RP, they're more likely to enjoy it regardless of alt."

Drueta questions, "Psycho killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?"

Kinaed claims to Margaux, "Jan 2011"

Fyurii states, "Ohh, gotcha."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Galen states, "I wonder what makes someone a likely pkill target... besides being a mage, of course."

Kinaed says, "My #3 was 8 kills."

Gaspard states, "Seems the part about 4 hours for burning etc is new"

Kinaed says, "And the result of playing an Inquisitor."

Leofrick wonders, "Is that 15 PKs in one character?"

Gaspard states, "..I wonder where I rank now."

Kinaed nods at Leofrick.

Mansen says, "So those two are pretty far above"

Mansen questions, "Were either of them Inquisitors?"

Kinaed states to Gaspard, "Nah, that's been the same forever. The part that changed is the part about a PKer's responsibility to the PKed party to explain to them why they were being pkilled, what they could do differently to avoid it, etc."

Kinaed says to Mansen, "One was."

Romeo asks, "Wait, one character?"

Romeo questions, "So like the Hillman?"

Romeo asks, "A serial killer sort of thing?"

Emma muses to Kinaed, "It was removed?"

Fyurii mutters something about not wanting to kill folks being her 1 weakness.

Kinaed says to Emma, "Altered. The point is that a PK is supposed to be legitimate, meaty RP as opposed to someone walking in, beating you to death silently and moving on - it needs to be story connected, etc."

Emma says, "Awesome. Much better, in my opinion. The previous was a bit much."

Silrie queries, "Sorry, is late, pkill was recently updated or...?"

Kinaed says, "We had a bit of a problem with a person insisting that because they didn't understand why they were PKed (they were actually told in the scene) that it wasn't legitimate, etc."

Temi states, "But you don't need to do the evil overlord monologue."

Gaspard trails off, "So if I made a serial killer.... "

Silrie claims, "Ah."

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Emma nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims to Gaspard, "Serial killers require applications."

Gaspard claims, "Oh ho ho"

Silrie just hides in her phome for the next 9 years.

Temi states, "We never expected that monologue, but it looked like we might have from some readings of the old policy."

Hunapo says, "When I have to execute someone I offer a little Tell chat session. I mean, it can be very traumatic, especially the first time. It is just being nice and understanding. I think."

Drueta prepares her Bathory-esque noble app.

Emma says, "Always discouraged me from making an attempt, alt-side. The idea of the monologue made my social awkwardness ache."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, any further queries? Otherwise, I'd like to let Azarial do her update?"

Silrie states, "I think telling people why and what they could do differently is a good hting. Wonder how many people tell the do differently part."

Azarial says, "Of course, nothing says you have to tell the truth in your monologue."

Leofrick states to Emma, "I can write up monologues for you. :D"

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "Next to no one."

Fyurii plays with a boatload of murder hobos.

Emma claims to Leofrick, "I shall hire you as my monologue writer. It pays a ludicrous amount of gold per hour."

Kinaed states, ""Don't answer the messenger when he summons you to the empty fields for a romantic tryst"."

Gaspard states, "Emma youre ded because your hair was too blonde. You can avoid it by having dark hair next time."

Galen would appreciate not being murdered probably.

Azarial states, "Anywys. mostly crashes, and assortment of bugs bounced back after elzenn tested a ton of them, and a few typos."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Silrie doesn't trust most messengers now. lol

Kinaed states, "Just quickly checking the boards to see if there's anything else interesting adn worthwhile to mention code-wise."

Margaux states to Emma, "And use the lotion next time please."

Kinaed trails off, "Some small changes to make Vision of Leagues work properly, mages may want to test that..."

Tomas says, "I once showed up to a messenger and got mugged and poisoned lol"

Gaggable keepalive command.

Azarial says, "Unless it;s for the bluebird, then you want a nice marinade martini."
Silrie claims to Tomas, "Eesh."

Emma beams at Margaux.

Kinaed says, "Nothing else, really."

Galen states, "The game has now introduced Nice Galen Dollars! You get free dollars for being nice to me."

Azarial claims, "Tht should be attunement in general"

Kinaed says, "Oh, a mage reports it's been tested and is working properly. Yay. Thanks, mage."
Silrie giggles at Galen.

Emma trails off to Tomas, "Tomas! Remember that time you got a messenger and I was locked in a wardrobe one room away?..."

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, Temi, you're up!"

Temi exclaims, "Okay!"

Tomas states to Emma, "Yes I do remember that. "

Kinaed has transferred Evrald. [OOC]

Emma is still mad at Tomas.

Evrald gives Emma hugs to make it all better?

Tomas claims to Emma, "Ironically the same person sent that messenger as mugged and poisoned the other character"

Tomas pouts at Emma

Tomas pontificates to Emma, "I was the victim!"

Emma laughs.

Temi claims, "I spent a lot of my time working on diseases this week, using Kin's base suggestions to come up with some more IC ones, so that we can adjust how we use them rather than being tied to RL diseases, and to tie them better into humoral theory"

Temi says, "I've also started working on restock plan lists, for different items that will restock in shops based on how the city metrics are doing, especially once the city council plans go into play after Caitrin's coronation"

Temi states, "And I think that's about my week - little bit of RPA and plots."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says to Temi, "Thanks."

Galen jumps from Margaux's arms back to Emma's arms.

Kinaed wonders, "I think that's all the staff in attendance. Any questions for us?"

Margaux sobs. Rejected.

Temi gives a velvety toy in the likeness of an adorable, chubby piglet to Evrald.

Galen picks up Margaux into his own arms.

Emma asks, "Have you folks decided on the impact of diseases?"

Evrald trails off, "Heh... the npcs and Aios' pigs"

Kinaed claims, "Not really. Probably up to death, but it'd take a lot and deliberate not treating yourself, etc to get there. I don't think anyone's in favor of a whimsicial death due to disease. Last we discussed, I suggested we follow the poison paradigm."

Emma nods.

Silrie passes a velvety toy in the likeness of an adorable, chubby piglet to a member of the Holy Order of Dav for the Alms box.

Kinaed states, "And in response to a tell question: Would things like purge of the viper apply - yes."

Kinaed claims, "There will be magic to cure diseases."

Mansen questions, "Any chance of new spells involved?"

Fyurii claims, "Noice."

Kinaed claims, "Not sure if they'll be new spells or existing."

Kiana muses, "New magecrafting stuff as well?"

Kinaed says, "Potentially, some spells might be the cause of disease."

Kinaed says to Kiana, "Not sure."

Kiana nods

Evrald states, "Al the more reason to fear magery and mages."

Kinaed says, "At the outset, all we're trying to do is get city metrics working."

Silrie questions, "If magic causes disease, is magic the only thing that can heal it?"

Emma trails off, "I just wanna give somebody the pox from half the city away is that so much to ask..."

Sayeda is idle.

Silrie cringes.

Silrie makes it 20 years.

Margaux states to Emma, "Not at all! Just take a walk with Gaspard and tell him all about it."

Temi claims, "At this point, I think I've passed it back to Kin to figure out how to go forwards while I try to get everything else under control with the coronation stuff."

Emma panics.

Fyurii claims, "Emma, how is something so small and adorable so -evil?-"

Kinaed states to Silrie, "Magic would only be required to treat extremely late stage stuff that people ought to have done something about earlier, where it really would be a miracle to live, I think. If we even go that route."

Hunapo will totally be coughing on EVERYONE

Emma claims, "I'm not evil! ...My alt is though. SOO EVIL."

Silrie says, "LOL Hunapo. And ok, Kin."

Emma also mauls Fyurii.

Galen jumps into Emma's alt's arms.

Fyurii states to Emma, "Well, send 'em my way then."

Temi pontificates, "Oh, yeah, by the way! Deadline this weekend for the gown and crown designs, if anyone still wants to submit them!"

Kinaed cheers.

Emma claps.

Tomas declares, "The queen should have a crown for every day!"

Galen should have a crown.

Temi queries, "But only one coronation crown... delicious bragging right, mm?"

Temi says, "Plus... rewards."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, I guess that's it for Staff Updates. Time to discuss Player Heartbeat - how has RP been, folks? Have you been enjoying TI this week? Anything shitting you that you want to discuss?"

Temi claims, "Not that anyone likes rewards."

Tomas pontificates, "I like rewards!"

Kiana would like to remind everyone to use rumors when things like demons show up in fighting auditoriums

Silrie trails off, "Why doesn't romeo have an ap score? Random..."

Romeo declares, "It's been kinda difficult to find RP, but I've also had to fkee from some good scenes!"

Galen says, "Haven't gotten out too much lately. Hoping to change that."

Emma says, "Personal irritation with rumors about nearly any female PC spiraling so completely off the rails/topic into commentary about whoredom, but this is nothing new."

Silrie states, "Indeed."

Drueta states, "It's been terribly fun. It's nice being back on a regular basis, trying to play with a wider group of people, so on."

Silrie hugs Emma.

Mansen states, "I've had a blast this week."

Fyurii states, "It's been limited, but I'm pretty sure that I've just inadvertantly made a character that 1) I don't know how to play correctly and 2) Is reasonably unlikable. That being said, I just wanted to make a shoutout to all the support that I've gotten from Brotherhood -and- Non-Brotherhood members. I... Was super surprised. And y'all are nice as Arien."

Kinaed clears her throat and gently says, "Arien is the moon of blood and war."

Leofrick claims, "I had a nice week being mean to Drueta."

Kiana states, "RP's been great. But the lack of rumors for things which really should have them has been bugging me greatly. Also. Sort of what Emma said. A lot of rumors are just spiraling in ways which don't make any sense."

Emma claims, "Male PC is half naked, drunk and grinding up on somebody at a tavern, all comments "haha how funny! I'll have what he's having!" Rumor about a female PC walking down the street "Kill her she's a prostitue." +10 replies."

Romeo queries, "What's the good moon?"

Galen nods in agreement with EMma.

Margaux claims to Emma, "I hear you on that. :("

Drueta tells Leofrick gloomily, "Bring iiiiit."

Kinaed says, "Rumors spiraling is what rumors do."

Romeo wonders, "The moon of happiness and love?"

Romeo says, "And peace, bro."

Emma claims to Kinaed, "It surely is."

Leofrick says to Drueta, "Oh hush. XD"

Kinaed states, "I do think that it'd be nice if people got a bit more creative than whoredom for any female char though."

Evrald questions, "As nice as Arien to a barbarian maybe?"

Galen muses, "Weren't we thinking of changing how rumors work?"

Kinaed claims, "Nah, I like rumors."

Hunapo queries to Kinaed, "Nice as Circadnanoth?"

Evrald says, "Harvest moon"

Margaux claims, "Circadnanoth is one of those terrifying earth goddesses that eats people."

Fyurii claims, "So just the standard OOC PSA, Brotherhood is (kinda, sorta) back up and running, we're trying to get out there, I promise that I don't kill people, I'm just a crazy biznatch. Thanks to everyone for helping out and I totally hope to provide everyone with hella RP"

Evrald says, "And that"

Drueta claims, ":) Also, +1 on the lack of creativity in the means of slagging female PCs."

Hunapo claims to Margaux, "But it is sooo much fun to try to spell."

Emma says, "Also like rumors. Offput by the hateful sexual bile applied almost exclusively to female PCs, particularly when the rumor has literally nothing to do with anything sexually related."

Estrilda nods with Emma.

Leofrick has lost link.

Kiana nods to emma

Gaspard claims, "Seconding Emma on that."

Galen pontificates, "Thirded!"

Mansen states, "I really need to read rumors"

Kinaed says, "In any case, ladies and gents - if you're going to write an insulting response to a rumor, please remember that it's not very clever to call a woman a whore. It's been done before.. more times than any of us have seconds in a year to do it again."

Drueta asks, "That's it, the nothing to do with anything sexually related part. It's like, what?"

Leofrick has reconnected.

Galen claims, "Friggin', cut it out, whoever keeps doing it."

Leofrick would like to be able to hire toughs to beat up random-tavern goer 412637.

Emma nods at Drueta. "Exactly that. If it's a sexual or hinting at sexual things rumor, okay, have at."

Fyurii declaims to Leofrick, "Oooh, ohh, pick me!"

Leofrick exclaims to Fyurii, "You've got a job!"

Gaspard claims, "Honestly Id rather rumors be tied more directly to PCs than random npcs theyre pretending to be."

Kinaed claims, "I don't know about that, I don't have a problem with a rumor going in that direction per se."

Kiana states, "Honestly in geneeral rumor quality just seems... kinda low right now."

Kinaed states, "It's a rumor, they're meant to be reinterpreted and turn into Chinese Whispers."

Drueta claims, "It's not necessary that it's uncreative, too, it's actually frustrating from a female player side, because surely, we must be capable of a wider broadband of offense. If that's the only thing we can reach for, whether playing in a way that warrants it, or not at all... it's terribly limiting, in a meta sense."

Kinaed wonders to Kiana, "What do you mean, general rumor quality?"

Leofrick states, "Kung-fu rumors."

Drueta claims, "*not necessarily, I meant"

Kinaed says, "I think this conversation is beginning to go over my head."

Emma says, "Super duper happy to handle rumors IC, as well, but it IS shitting me a bit. Just how constant and completely unrelated to topic rumor responses are, especially where female PCs are concerned. Been going on for ages."

Kiana states, "It might just be me. But there's a lot of things which should have rumors which just never seem to get them. If a mage attacks someone in public i'd love to see a rumor about it."

Emma queries, "Oh, yeah. That's lovely to. I think folks do that though, usually?"

Kiana says, "I don't want to end up creating it two days later because nobody inolved has written one."

Kinaed nods at Kiana.

Kinaed claims, "I agree with that."

Emma says OOCly, "*too."

Kiana says, "We still don't have rumors for either of the demon instances as far as I know"

Margaux wonders, "Who should the onus for that be on?"

Sayeda is no longer idle.

Sayeda has returned from AFK.

Emma says, "There's a whole bunch of rumors up about demon attacks."

Margaux claims to Emma, "I should write a song for every rumor."

Kiana says, "I missed those then apologies"

Emma says to Margaux, "You so should."

Temi states, "Staff are not able to keep up with rumors, especially if there's stuff going on."

Kiana states, "I havn't looked in a day or so."

Kinaed claims, "Is there any way we can encourage that? And yeah, some of the problem is that there's no clear onus on any particular person to be responsible to carry the rumor."

Margaux states to Emma, "Or at least a limmerick."

Temi says, "So... please don't expect us to do it."

Temi grins.

Emma begins to count their money.

Kinaed claims, "I'm happy for staff to spread rumors though, if players are happy for us to about things we judge to be obvious enough to warrant it."

Galen pontificates, "Write a limerick about me!!"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Romeo claims, "There's usually a dip in rumor quantity though."

Kinaed says, "The problem is - aherm... people don't really like our rumors."

Emma says, "I'd love that, personally."

Galen claims, "Staff rumors are a +1"

Temi states, "I try to when I can, but I'd rather respond to you guys about your stuff than go and add rumors about other stuff."

Kinaed claims, "Historically, we got bitched out for writing up rumors that were thematic. *cough*"

Emma grumbles.

Kiana says, "I"m all for thematic rumors "

Emma states, "Thematic would be a great change."

Gaspard asks, "Like people getting upset about racism when racism is arguably thematic?"

Kinaed claims to Gaspard, "Pretty much."

Temi says, "Racism, gentry expectations, etc."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Emma claims, "That still baffles me a bit."

Kinaed pontificates, "Or "No one would have seen me riding through that field!""

Leofrick says to Gaspard, "You wanna get your head chewed off for being racist? try Lithmore.. I double dare you."

Azarial states, "Farmers tend to notice people riding through their fields"

Emma says, "Good mindset for TI racism: Think of it like any other fictional race(s). Elves and dwarves in Tolkien, for example."

Gaspard states, "Oh I've been plenty racist. Try commenting on the Charali and watch people act kike idiots about it."

Emma claims, "It's allowed to be somewhat comical because it's not real."

Romeo says, "Sometimes it's hard being racist in the game because people will gang up on you, even if it's thematic."

Leofrick states to Gaspard, "Exactly."

Fyurii states, "Absolutely."

Hunapo nods at Romeo.

Kinaed says, "Well, I had a conversation about racism recently, and one conclusion I have is that sometimes you're not being called out for being racist, but for being rude. IRL, white people do not typically use racial slurs to the faces of black people, but that does not meant that black people systemically do not get the same rights, treatment or opportunities as white people."

Fyurii is waiting until she makes an Inquisitor character, then y'all are gonna feel tha burrrrrrrrn.

Kinaed states, "I do think that sometimes what we call 'racism' on TI is the expectation to be insulting or generally nasty."

Hunapo states, "That is why I go with sublty, "Oh its ok little Hillman, I don't expect you to use manners because you are too stupid to know what is polite.""

Galen isn't quite sure a fantasy MUD is the place to properly explore realistic depictions and repercussions of racism, personally

Fyurii nods at Hunapo.

Evrald claims, "I don't have a problem with Charali racism personally but it seems that some charali who act better than others are treated better which would seem thematic as well. If you want to act like a stupid savage then you'll be treated like a stupid savage."

Kinaed claims to Galen, "I think it's quite hard, yeah."

Silrie says, "We still get shit in rumors though, so it balances itself out."

Gaspard claims, "Eh during the time of slave trade what we consider slurs now were regular conversational words. Calling a charali a savage in conversation is no different."

Tomas claims, "I tend to go with the Lithmorran Davite way of 'oh those poor dirty creatures, lets throw them a bone and help bring them into civilization'"

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Romeo throws water in Silrie's face and says, "You Charali! Get out of my city!" (jk love you sil).

Silrie claims, "I mean, it's the one reason I didn't add a rumor about the party, because it would have degenerated into a that savage sucks fest. XD"

Kinaed states to Gaspard, "That's highly dependent on whether or not the culture itself sees it as rude."

Emma says, "Rude, though. Treating lesser races with kindness is prooobably better, and makes you a good Davite."

Evrald states, "Personally Evrald has always been as respectful as he could be with everyone."

Emma wonders, "They're still uncultured, but that's why you're nicer to them. They just don't know any better?"

Kinaed claims to Gaspard, "I'd argue Lithmorrans would, as opposed to some word that is completely made up for Charali, like Horseman"

Gaspard claims to Tomas, "I remember coming up to Tomas and finding a charali with him ag the palace."

Evrald wonders, "I mean I think Evrald has made good impressions on everyone here whose met him... no?"

Emma eyes Silrie and her ABSENT SKIRT.

Evrald trails off, "Heheh..."

Tomas says to Gaspard, "Yep. He was trying to show them a better life, how proper people act."

Silrie points to her skirt.

Emma states to Silrie, "<3"

Hunapo offers a fitted military skirt of atrous leather capped with steel to those who need it

Margaux states, "The Empress' new skirt"

Kinaed says, "Anyway, my point is - being racist ICly is probably a lot deeper than expecting people to be rude to all Charali/Hillmen."

Galen points to his own skirt.

Kinaed states, "I agree with Galen that a lot of those things aren't really easy or available to RP."

Evrald declares, "Emma! Emma!"

Galen I don't even have to wear one and I'm doing it anyway. I'm EXTRA proper.

Emma claims, "Right. People tend to interpret racism as acting like a confederate flag waving lunatic."

Evrald muses, "Am I a good little savage boy?"

Gaspard coughs.

Evrald says, "Ish"

Kinaed says, "Most of us aren't in a position to decide does the Charali get the job versus a Lithmorran, for example. Or who is sat where at a dinner table."

Emma says, "Really, more like an elf looking at a dwarf and seeing a short, money-grubbing idiot."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Evrald claims, "... XD"

Silrie stares at Legolas and Gimli, tsking.

Galen wonders, "It might also be, like... inappropriate? To treat racism as this like, wow fun fantasy game what if things were like this?? kind of thing"

Emma pontificates, "Exactly that!"

Evrald states, "Something about dwarves not wanting to fall upward into the sky."

Fyurii is totally making a Dwarf as her next char, and this is incredibly relevant.

Margaux says, "Gimli is wearing a skirt? Sorry, got sidetracked."

Gaspard queries to Galen, "Can I be suspicious about your smallness still?"

Galen says, "Oh, sure, go for it."

Silrie says to Margaux, "*grins* Totally."

Kinaed trails off, "So..."

Romeo questions, "On that note, do dwarfs exist on Urth?"

Galen is hecka small.

Silrie is small...

Mansen states, "I personally thinks just treating it as a funny rivalry takes away from an interesting source of conflict."

Azarial claims, "If someone is short enough,, prolly."

Romeo says, "Like not mythical dwarves. Tyrion dwarfs."

Evrald says, "Silrie is small... but she packs a punch."

Margaux states, "Http://66.media.tumblr.com/98d66ee9b5fb ... 1_1280.jpg"

Emma claims, "Funny, maybe not. Lighthearted, definitely. "

Kinaed states to Mansen, "I agree."

Kinaed winces at Margaux.

Emma says, "(For those who have trouble with fictional races being veiwed with racism, that is)"

Kinaed states, "Okay, so... no players raised topics. It's 8:38 am by my clock, which means we have about 22 minutes left."

Emma says to Margaux, "Oh my."

Drueta is scared to click.

Kinaed muses, "What do you guys want to talk about for 20 min? Or shall I throw everyone back to their regularly scheduled RP?"

Emma states, "I spelled "Viewed" wrong, you guys."

Evrald states, "Dance party! or something."

Fyurii claims, "Oh! Actually, I do have one that a player raised with me, and I'd like to bring up for other folks opinions."

Galen claims, "Can't look at tumblr at work :C"

Silrie taps her lip, thinking.

Kinaed questions, "Oh! Would be nobles, please apply! We have 1 app. C'mon, surely there are more of you out there that'd like to join in prior to the Queen's Coronation?"

Galen doesn't think he can be a GL AND a noble...

Romeo says, "Galen, it's the most NSFW thing you'll ever see."

Temi claims, "We may be up to two now."

Kinaed says to Fyurii, "Please introduce it."

Emma begs to see more nobles. +1 Kinaed.

Silrie has been thoroughly disillusioned with noble rp. XD

Emma claims, "GASP."

Emma says, "Silrie how could you."

Estrilda muses, "When do applications close?"

Drueta states, "I was considering it, Kinaed, but A: I'm nervous about adding a time commitment, and B: I don't know what it costs or if I could afford it, ultimately."

Silrie declaims, "Nobles get no fun!"

Evrald says, "I can probably app one but... I dounno how much time I could actually commit."

Margaux claims, "Nobles get all the fun/boys/girls."

Tomas says, "If someone wants to play an older lithmorran woman. Tomas's widowed mother is around lol. send ma a tell/pboard if for some reason it interests you"

Emma states to Margaux, "And also bring all the boys to the yard."

Kinaed states to Estrilda, "Not sure - probably when we get enough to fill out our ranks some."

Sayeda has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Fyurii wonders, "Christ no, I'd make a terribad noble. So a character brought up the idea - I believe, and I'll CC this to the Imms - to... I believe? Open up the bounty system for everyone, and not just to serve the BCG's interests. I'll confess that I'm not 100% on how the bounty system -works,- but I was interested to see how others thought of opening that up?"

Temi claims, "Nobility and gentry cost the same at the moment, I believe."

Silrie trails off, "Them nobles bring all the boys to the yard, my duchy, is better than yours..."

Temi states, "All depends on the skills and such your concept neds"

Emma says, "Hrmmm."

Emma claims, "The Brotherhood doesn't have a whole lot of coded income as it is."

Leofrick says, "What Emma said."

Mansen claims, "More bounties would be great"

Kinaed claims, "The bounty system is pretty open as it is. The thieves have an interest and can block things, but anyone can see a bounty, action it, and get paid."

Temi claims, "The bounty system -is- open to everyone and all sorts of stuff."

Temi says, "It doesn't have to be criminal things."

Evrald queries, "I think you can issue and collect bounties whether you're apart of the brotherhood or not, it's just seen as... less than reputable because people see it as uncouth?"

Tomas asks, "Yeah and the BCG get a cut don't they?"

Mansen states, "Someone hire me to kill someone"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Temi states, "Yeah, just ignore the BCG cut."

Fyurii says, "Is it? Alright, I'll just CC you guys this message, as I'm not 100% on how it works."

Galen maybe will apply another small cute boy as a noble now that Galen is all grown up

Temi claims, "Someone gets a cut, and you don't know anything about them, ICly."

Temi grins.

Kinaed states, "They get a small finders fee to arrange the anonymous negotitation."
Emma says to Mansen, "Sooon."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Leofrick muses to Temi, "Batman?"

Kinaed nods at Fyurii.

Fyurii says, "Also, yes, we have... Not a bunch of income. Sadface! But we're working onnit."

Temi pontificates to Leofrick, "Could be!"

Emma claims to Galen, "Shake it up and make a big, burly brute."

Leofrick declares, "MY!"

Mansen states, "To emma tm"

Margaux says to Galen, "Yp."

Temi questions to Leofrick, "You want to support Batman, don't you?"

Silrie gives Franco a title and watches as the bastards fly.

Mansen states, "I always forget this game has a different sayto command"

Emma says to Galen, "Wields the dismembered leg of a rhino he fought in Daravi."

Leofrick pontificates to Temi, "Batman has my support! Everyday!"

Mansen grumbles.

Kinaed says, "Thieves can quash things they don't like, similarly to how bards can quash rumors into the ground if they don't like them, but that's pretty much their big advantage. Oh, and they get guild alerts when bounties are added."

Galen's web client is hanging up x_x

Fyurii claims to Kinaed, "Ahh, gotcha. Thank you! I'm still working the rust off, as everyone can probably tell. >.>"

Kinaed nods at Fyurii.

Galen's web client is hanging up x_x

Kinaed asks, "So, has anyone voted for TI recently? Written a review of us?"

Kinaed wonders, "If not, would you consider doing so?"

Silrie looks around guiltily.

Evrald claims, "I wrote a review awhile back on mudconnector but it never got posted."

Emma trails off, "Have voted, no review. It's almost time for my yearly revisit, though..."

Kinaed asks of Evrald, "Bummer :( Maybe resubmit it and see if it gets posted then?"

Silrie is ... bad at reviewing things...

Kinaed states, "I thought we'd gone an unusually long time without any reviews."

Emma states to Evrald, "TMC takes aaaages."

Fyurii asks, "In sorta unrelated news, does anyone want anything out of the Brotherhood? I've been posting all this jazz about joining up and helping out, but does anyone have any suggestions for what they'd like to see out of us?"

Evrald states, "Silrie. Talk about how much you like the pie."

Fyurii claims, "Like, we're starting from ground zero, I'll be frank. We can take this any way we'd like."

Evrald states, "More nobles houses being raided."

Emma says to Fyurii, "I would -love- to see a more active hand in crime. Mafia-esque. Shake downs on businesses, etc. But that's just one person's idea."

Romeo states, "A presence in both the Southside and Northside."

Galen declares, "General mischief!"

Romeo says, "For those who are limited to the latter."

Galen trails off, "Maybe with a sort of populist slant..."

Leofrick will actually make a brohood character.

Emma states, "Muggings of PCs would also be great to see. Somebody out wandering, chilling in Murder Alley? MUGGED."

Silrie just wants all the baddies to leave her alone... lol

Kinaed states, "I think the biggest problem with the brotherhood is that a tree falling in the forest makes no sound - so whatever the BH does, please consider impacting other people's RP."

Evrald queries, "Maybe get all of the gang leaders in southside to work together under the brotherhood so that they have a real presence?"

Fyurii states, "The abject problem that we have with committing crimes is that the report system is so efficient that we get booted pretty instantly. I'm currently trying to make the B-Hood more... Public, I suppose? But with us only having... Three members, and being outnumbered 4:1, and everyone being reasonably noblebright, we're reasonably limited to being very, very quiet."

Romeo claims, "Every PC knows how to fight nowadays. Muggings are obsolete."

Kinaed claims, "I think the BH needs to do stuff like set up barricades, have a kid lure someone in, then mug them. Stuff like that."

Emma claims, "Well, think of it this way: We have 2-3 mages right now making crazy waves."

Leofrick declaims to Romeo, "Swarm them!"

Temi states, "I do have a traits system proposed, that we discussed last week briefly"

Emma says, "If they can, and the penalty for their misdeed is death"

Emma states, "Thieves should be alright."

Azarial says, "With the coronation, if yu cn push the lawfulness down it won;t report"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Galen wouldn't fight back in a mugging.

Kinaed says, "Right now, I think it doesn't report short descs anymore."

Emma claims to Galen, "Hellll no."

Leofrick states to Galen, "Wouldn't fight back in anything."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Leofrick claims to Galen, "Just sit down and cry."

Emma claims, "Doesn't. Just says "Someone is blah blah." Kinda like it."

Temi says, "I think that was only mages anyway."

Galen would fight for his life at least!

Evrald questions, "Mages have short desc reported or used to?"

Evrald states, "Kinda confused"

Leofrick claims, "Lies. You'd charm your way out of it and be like Ceaser."

Emma says, "Used to, I think."

Evrald claims, "Ah."

Temi says, "Used to, yeah. For scaring people with magery. But we found out that most of it was actually bugs, when it did occur."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, ten more minutes to go - anyone have anything else we'd like to discuss?"

Fyurii states, "But yeah, I'm actively trying to get us some legitimacy so that we can come Northside and be more open about it. With any hope, we'll have some sort of political pull or something - that'd help tremendously - but at the moment it's a touch early for us to do anything major. I will be frank, as well, that I'm devoutedly against physical interdictions. :/"

Kinaed says, "Well, it is worht noting that the BH GL does have some silent pull with City Metrics and has a full regular vote like any other GL."

Silrie claims, "If you're up for free food and xp, come to the savage's party after the meeting, giv eor take 30 so I can make sure all is set up. If you'd rather not, totally cool too."

Kinaed claims, "We think that, thematically, the biggest crime boss in the city has some sway, even if it's not obvious who they are, and they don't get to come to the party if hor devours are served."

Galen wishes he could go...

Silrie never understood bcg when she was one.

Evrald declaims, "I'll show up!"

Fyurii nods at Silrie.

Fyurii claims, "A lot of people don't. I'm hoping to establish the lore aspect of it, as well."

Silrie questions, "It's more like, okay, I'm in... now what?"

Tomas states, "It would be interesting if the street gangs southside were a full on dynamic thing and the BCG had to try and manage them and their conflicting interests"

Fyurii says, "Exactly."

Emma queries to Tomas, "Similar to the way the city council will be, but solely applying to Southside?"

Tomas states to Emma, "Yeah sorta"

Evrald states to Tomas, "See! What's what I meant kind of."

Fyurii claims, "Phew, I'd love that."

Emma says, "That would be amazing."

Kinaed claims, "I think Silrie's hinting at having a strong progression path and making it clear to new members what they need to do to get to the next rank, etc."

Estrilda nods.

Fyurii nods at Kinaed.

Evrald states, "BCG - To advance... 'convince' the person above you to retire."

Silrie nods. I had an alt in the bcg and it was a waste of a guild, and death was the only escape from it, but it offered very little in the way of meaningful rp.

Kinaed states, "With regards to the gangs being under BH control - someone write me a proposal, I think it sounds good in theory but has a lot of 'how would that be implemented in practice' to judge its actual value."

Galen I do think that there's sometimes a problem where guilds assume there's a lot more people than there are...

Temi claims, "Also, it's often a more freeform guild. You don't have things come up that someone in your guild has to respond to, it's self-initiated."

Galen trails off, "Like the Merchants has spots for a trade master for every trade, assumes availability of mentors, etc..."

Fyurii claims, "That's the problem - there hasn't been clear progression, I'll admit. It was every man for themselves, and there was absolutely no benefit to being inside. I'm working in my braincase to come up with stuff that we can do - hopefully heists - that will be awesome RP and make a mark on the city."

Galen says, "A lot of stuff that would work well if there were 300 of us and not like 30-ish."

Emma wonders, "They have three guild skills, don't they? "

Mansen claims, "More than three"

Silrie states, "A few"

Kinaed claims, "I'd hate to see the BH, which is already challenged by things like requiring a lot of self initiative and crime being fairly universally condemned, etc, to require advancement through internal cannibalism though."

Fyurii states, "Tcant, stab, and steal are the big ones."

Emma says, "Pretty handy."

Galen trails off, "Protection from the law would be a nice benefit..."

Fyurii shrugs. "There's nearly no way to do that."

Emma claims, "Could be done through RP, I'd imagine. Pay off the Justiciar, blackmail, etc."

Kinaed says, "I think protection from the law removes their entire purpose as thieves."

Romeo muses, "Do you still get your head chopped off for being a Thief?"

Tomas claims, "Well you could negotiate them looking the other way for lower crimes if they provide intel on bigger things"

Kinaed says to Romeo, "Eh, gray area. Technically not a capital crime though."

Azarial says, "Beheadings are more for nobs. thieves are hung"

Margaux started writing this while we were talking murder alley.. X.X

Murder Alley, a most vicious street,
Those that dare wander, regarded as meat,
Oh stay away - My sister and brother,
Don't venture - My lord and my lover,
Lest this very breath is the last that you bleat.

Fyurii states, "The problem, again, is that people are too Noblebright."

Silrie questions, "Whippings I think if all they know is that you're bcg?"

Emma applauds Margaux.

Galen states, "I mean more the guild using their sway to look out for their own"

Kinaed says to Margaux, "We need to put that in the lore. Typo board it."

Fyurii says, "We have no sway, though. XD"

Margaux claims to Kinaed, "Sure."

Kinaed asks of Fyurii, "Maybe that gives you a place to start RPing to build up some sway?"

Silrie says, "Ahahaha awesome Margaux"

Galen declaims, "Yeah, that's unfortunate! They need some sway!"

Evrald wonders, "Noblebright?"

Silrie claims, "Morals, I think."

Kinaed queries, "What's this noblebright thing?"

Emma has no clue.

Fyurii states, "Physically, we're far, far too weak. Fisically, we're not able to motivate people enough. Politically, it's possible, but has never panned out - people don't like us all that much, and the payoff is garbage, admittedly. "

Evrald claims, "That's what i'm thinking but I wanted to check."

Kinaed says to Fyurii, "You can't think of it that way."

Galen says, "I wouldn't be against the thieves getting a little boost to get them started"

Galen claims, "The game is definitely stacked in favor of the goody two shoes at the mo"

Margaux states, "One problem that I've had with the BH in the past is that they burn the hand that is trying to feed them."

Fyurii says, "A setting where the good guys always win, the bad guys always lose, and every citizen is devoted to doing the Right Thing because it pays off well in both the short and long run. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Noblebright"

Gaspard is idle.

Fyurii nods at Margaux.

Evrald trails off, "Hmmm..."

Gaspard is no longer idle.

Gaspard claims, "BH was running pretty swimmingly not that long ago."

Fyurii states, "Absolutely agreed, Marg."

Emma says, "Former Tenebrae did some awesome stuff... He had us breaking into homes, stealing mail/ledgers, and using the information there for blackmail. People are WAY more worried about being embarrassed than they are getting paid."

Gaspard has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states to Fyurii, "There's been heaps of successful BH guilds and Tenebraes, and they don't walk in and look at all of the problems, then throw their hands up in the air. They just go in, RP what they love to do (generally be shit stirrers) and things take off from there, then other people want to get invovled because that's where the fun is."

Kinaed states to Fyurii, "I'd recommend that approach. Don't try to fix everything, just have fun."

Fyurii nods at Kinaed.

Estrilda says, "There have been BH and crime characters that have had public and political sway but it's built up through RP, and may not be as evident to others. It's developing relationships like any other politics. "

Margaux states to Kinaed and Fyurii, "The build it and they will come approach. It does work well."

Temi claims, "I don't know that the BH has been burning the hands that feed them lately. But they may be getting less chances."

Kinaed nods at Estrilda.

Kinaed states, "It takes time to build those relationships, but they're powerful for sure."

Drueta declaims, "Mail stealing. Brilliant fiends!"

Mansen has lost link.
Mansen has reconnected.

Tomas says, "I would also say that probably a good half of the 'lawful' side are pretty unlawful in their own ways. they are just subtle about it"

Emma declares to Drueta, "Yes!"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Margaux claims to Tomas, "Half is generous. :)"

Estrilda nods with Margaux.

Kinaed claims, "I agree with whomever said that blackmail is an interesting case."

Drueta claims, "I'm so wickedly pleased that someone was up to that. So good."

Tomas says to Margaux, "Agreed"

Silrie closes a practical leather messenger bag belted with brass buckles.

Galen has never done anything wrong in his life.

Hunapo grins at Tomas.

Silrie claims, "That's ... probably true, Galen."

Kinaed snickers.

Margaux squints at Galen, "What about that one thing Galen?"

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, it's the top of the hour, folks!"

Fyurii loves the Nobles too much to cause them pain, though, and it's a terrible affliction.

Emma claims, "Don't even need money for bribes. All you need is a sheet of paper. :P"

Margaux trails off to Galen, "How quickly they forget..."

Evrald states, "I don't doubt that."

Leofrick claims to Silrie, "We'll reach into that even if you close it. XD"

Kinaed states, "Thanks for coming to this week's OOC Chat."

Silrie laughs at Leofrick.

Silrie waves.

Kinaed states, "It's been a pleasure talking with you all about the game. I hope we have a fun meeting next week too."

Fyurii declares, "As always! Love y'all"

Drueta exclaims, "Peace!"

Kinaed says, "If anyone has anything they want to talk to me further about, send me a tell. Otherwise, I'm throwing you all back."

Gaspard has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Evrald has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Kiana has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Drueta has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]
Kinaed has transferred Hunapo.

• Information