Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:07 pm

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Galen exclaims, "I'd like to ask if you've thought on GL activity since last time!"

Kinaed says, "Got two."

Kinaed claims, "Got two."

Eamon says, "I have a brief announcement, that's all."

Kinaed states, "And ... hit ente twice."

Violet offers to press enter on Kinaed's behalf.

Edhard says, "That's why Gamers don't have fingernails"

Kinaed queries, "All noted. anyone else?"

Kinaed states to Edhard, "I'm a particularly girly gamer. :P"

Edhard wiggles his eyebrows, "Hawt."

Silrie thinks if she wants to add anything...

Kinaed says, "Okay, if there is no one else, I'll kick off with my Staff Update. Last week, I didn't do much. Processed some requests, handled some policy, still stewing on Automated Jail and Roles. They'll come eventually. That's it for me."

Silrie declaims, "Oh!"

Kinaed says to Silrie, "Jotting you down."

Silrie states, "Or actually, nevermind. I'll ask it on ooc or vis or something.... or put up a forum post."

Kinaed states, "Anyone who has a topic, please pre-write your introduction to your topic so it is ready when it's time to go."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "That's my update. You're up now."

Crickets chirp in the background. [Edhard]

Kinaed claims, "Azarial may be afk. We'll move on to Temi and come back."

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "I... well, there's this big black, depth of moving all the mobs thing in my head."

Temi says, "I think I did some other stuff... oh, well, more ratliness. And working on the events for the Queen's coronation"

Temi claims, "If anyone wants to do anything for that, especially court, please let me know! I don't want people left out."

Temi claims, "That'll be mid-July, so time yet to plan, but I'd like basic outlines of what I'm doing in the near future."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Silrie says, "Way to go with that mobs thing, staff. That sounded horrific."

Kinaed wonders to Temi, "That's you for the week then? :)"

Temi states, "Yup"

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "Honestly, I'm just glad I was working and missed most of it. I agree - good work staff, getting that fixed."

Kinaed queries to Ismael, "You're up. :) What have you been up to recently, and what do you have planned for the next week?"

Silrie grins at Kinaed.

Ismael claims, "I processed requests and recommends mainly. I've began exploratory research on the new medical files and I added a new mob to Ahalin. The Cult files are done, so they're going to be posted this week hopefully, and I plan to keep working on medical files."

Kinaed claims, "The cult files being posted are reliant on me, folks. Ismael's completed them, I just need to review them."

Kinaed wonders to Ismael, "Is that your update? Should I poke Elzenn or Azarial now? :)"

Galen turns into a soft fluffy.

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "Are you in there yet to give your update?"

Azarial says, "For a moment."

Alvis is idle.

Kinaed queries to Azarial, "Okay, if you can quickly tell us what you've been working on and will be working on next week?"

Kinaed checks the boards for any interesting code changes.

Azarial claims, "I hvae been plugging away at the city metrics; that has culminated to date with the restock polca from temi"

Raymond is idle.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial states, "Pets now have a local cost value to support that; i still need to add a commadn to set that."

Raymond is no longer idle.
Raymond has returned from AFK.

Azarial says, "Shops can have the roster name as well, for part of the shop handling"

Azarial states, "So far we are on track for july"

Alvis is no longer idle.
Alvis has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "The most recent things I have that look player-impactful are about sponsor changing to take negative sponsors and allowing sponsors to provide reasons - that was announced last week. Rest of it looks like bug fixes. Oh, and yes, we've recently added automated restocking of rare items to shops."

Azarial claims, "...though I may stick ismael on shop updating to make sure the data macthes the roster so i can work wiht those"

Kinaed says, "It's required for city metrics because rare items will respawn more often when metrics are good."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Silrie claims, "Oo."

Azarial says, "I've also helped temi and elzenn put most of the mobs back after I fixed the bug that led to that."

Misune states, "Well that's kind of neat, the rare item restocking"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Silrie grins at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "Okay, thanks for the update, Azarial. :)"

Temi claims, "It's something I've done by hand thus far - will be good to have it automated and tied to metrics."

Kinaed says to Elzenn, "You're up."

Elzenn declares, "I also participated into the mob-moving extravaganza, as Az mentioned, with filling in buildling requests, fielding questions and a bit of the same old. But! I have also been working on a pet project Vist and I had started discussing a long time ago, that is to say... *drumroll*: the very, very rearly draft of the jousting spec, which I would be happy to receive feedback on (for those whose characters would be into that sort of thing)!"

Sydney has returned from AFK.

Elzenn has created the Jousting Spec[10].

Elzenn drops the following:
( 10)the Jousting Spec

Silrie gets the Jousting Spec.

Vaxin muses, "Sorry, was away for a moment. Rare items?"

Kinaed gets the Jousting Spec.

Vaxin gets the Jousting Spec.

Alvis widens his eyes "Jousting? Ooh I have a character who would love that."

Galen gets the Jousting Spec.

Alvis gets the Jousting Spec.

Margaux gets the Jousting Spec.

Silrie flails around with ecstacy, not because she's a jouster, but just... omg so medievally amazing!

Eamon gets the Jousting Spec.

Kinaed states to Vaxin, "Usually crafting items, but it can also be rare herbs, etc. Drugs. Stuff sold in shops that, once sold, are gone, and only respawn rarely."

Silrie puts the Jousting Spec in a practical leather messenger bag belted with brass buckles.

Temi claims to Vaxin, "Right now like rare seeds and specific jewels, but with the spec, we may have more items added to it."

Tulenkhin is idle.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Vaxin claims, "Huh. Cool."

Adilay gets the City Council Spec.

Kinaed says, "I'd love to have a bookstore that occasionally respawns random books."

Adilay drops the City Council Spec.

Adilay starts to move towards the north and east.

Kinaed says, "It's fine for you to take the City Council spec and read it too, folks. That's what Az is working on now."

Adilay gets the Jousting Spec.
Temi states to Kinaed, "We could do it with the room spec. Just drop off books in the room and it'll randomly seleect one from it when it gets to restock time."

Azarial states to Kinaed, "Restock can do your books"

Kinaed says, "Okay, anything else to add, Elzenn? If not, I think we're at the end of Staff Updates."

Silrie gets the City Council Spec.

Elzenn states, "That's it for me."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Silrie drinks from a ceramic canister of dark dessert mocha.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, the next item on the agenda is Player Heartbeat. :) How has the game been in the last few weeks, folks? Enjoying yourselves? RP good? Anything shitting you that we ought to know and do something about?"

Misune twiddles his thumbs

Alvis says "I've found it a fair bit more difficult to find rp this week... but not sure if that's folks not being in bars public rooms so much or simply me being on at bad times..."

Elizabethany claims, "Been okay with me when I've been around"

Gretel has seen her first magery trick, and is obviously happy to roleplay the theme.

Corey is idle.

Corey is no longer idle.

Kinaed nods.

Violet got to throw a rock at Edhard on an alt. Fun times.

Corey has returned from AFK.

Sydney claims, "I have no comments on the game itself. I only have one thing: please be mindful that you're dealing with other actual human persons when you're chatting on OOC. Scoring points is fine ICly; it's bad form OOCly."

Elizabethany states, "I was pretty disrupted by a scene where someone came in and rpechoed a whole bunch of the surrounding vnpcs, ignoring the mood of the scene that was already going on there or what we'd had established in it."

Elizabethany says, "So... that's something to be aware of."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, I'm all for VNPCs being puppetted, but a person coming in should make sure what they're doing makes IC sense."

Gretel is also very happy to have the feeling that there are europeans people here now. It's much more easy to find rp for her than it was, month ago.

Galen claims, "I've been mostly busy with guild stuff."

Kinaed claims to Alvis, "Is there anything staff can do? I do think your hours are unusual because I've seen you and I tend to be around Australian EST."

Margaux claims, "Busy week at work for me, so sadly little play time, but what I did get was good."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kinaed claims to Margaux, "Same here - busy work week, wasn't around much."

Alvis shrugs to Kinaed "Well not that I know of. I'm generally GMT but american friends on this game have been keeping me up very late. I've never had huge problems before. It just seems to be the past week or two that I struggle to catch folks in public areas. But the last day or two have shown some new european timezone folks which is very good. As means I have more chance on my characters ;)"

Alvis adds "But yeah it's nothing staff can do so much. I think it's just bad luck on my end."

Kinaed comforts Alvis.

Kinaed has transferred Passion. [OOC]

Temi gives a small pouch appliqued with a kissing couple in silhouette to Passion.

Vaxin states, "I haven't been able to play much either"

Temi declares, "Well, we'll cross our fingers for better luck for everybody!"

Violet says, "This is my first real RP week back from a long absence. I'd just like to say that it's been great Lots of great characters on grid right now, lots of fun and chaos."

Kinaed states, "I guess that covers our Player Heartbeat. :) Wish it weren't so sad sounding! Anyway, let's hope next week is happier for everyone."

Raymond exclaims, "Me either, though the RP I got was awesome!"

Kinaed says to Violet, "Glad to see you back also. :)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, our first Player Topic - this was raised in a tell."

Kinaed trails off, "Last night some players encountered a mage. They tried to truss him up and take him to Ahalin Tower midday, but since no one was online at the time..."

Kinaed says, "The players in question had to go - it was really bad (like 4-5am in the morning for them)."

Misune cringes and wonders if that is why there were four people in river square...

Kinaed says, "Anyway, I logged in to 'what can you do about this'... well, HELP VNPCS says that if there's no one around, there just isn't any help available."

Temi states, "You could assume the knights that are around don't believe you, or they aren't comfortable acting without a warrant, etc."

Jullius raises a hand "Mind if I add something Kinky?"

Kinaed wonders, "This obviously leaves people in a bind, so I'm wondering if we should have an auto-jail command that can only be used in River Square on a person if they're already restrained that has guards coming out of Ahalin to throw a restrained person in the common cells?"

Margaux states, "Well, citizen arrests aren't really an IC thing"

Kinaed states to Margaux, "That's true."
Edhard is idle.

Kinaed says to Jullius, "Fine if you do."

Kinaed states, "I sort of agree - people shouldn't try to arrest mages."

Adilay says, "I mean I could see a noble doing it as reeves are obligated to come to the assistance of a noble"

Silrie states, "But"

Misune says, "To be fair, civilians aren't typically suppose to be the one's trussing up mages I mean there are knights for a reason... So I would strongly suggest against the auto-jail thing."

Alvis says there was also the case of a mage happening in the cathedral yesterday I think? (early on). And the only inquisitor had to end up leaving but alas he had no backup he could call on, in the middle of the cathedral.

Jullius wonders, ""Ideally we would have liked to handle this via RPA. Possibly a way to automate that bit of it?" "

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Eamon says, "We always RP like messengers are weirdly infallible. In a world like this, there could be 100 Knights patrolling and maybe you literally Cannot Find One."

Sydney claims, "You also have the blowback of people complaining "why didn't the knights arrest this person who was already restrained?" when this mage goes aggro a week later. I'm not a fan of the doubly whammy here, so to speak."

Violet states, "The other tough part was that those of us in the scene were totally game to use RPA if staff were available to help sort it out, but there wasn't."

Silrie waves.

Gretel claims, "On the same topic, there's that order guild note: only knights can arrest mages. That is a good thing, since that is a sure way to provide rp. But if no knight is ever available, that will lead to some problem."

Jullius says, "Bad timing all around really."

Kinaed nods at Gretel.

Kinaed nods at Jullius.

Eamon states, "It would be good for the game as a whole to recognize that sometimes you just legitimately can't find people with the right authority, and if somebody gets free, oh well."

Silrie states, "Can I add something? Mages, I feel, use that wholist to do magey things when they know no knights are on, I feel."

Violet claims, "Okay... but there's a difference between going against the order to find a mage and being directly confronted by someone openly displaying magery."

Kinaed says to Eamon, "I sort of agree. I'm not sure if it's a problem if people get free for whatever reason."

Silrie claims, "So you've got them purposefully choosing when to act, but is it truly based on that time being best for their character, or just less risky"

Violet agrees with silrie.

Elzenn says, "I think people have to be willing to suspend disbelief, yeah."

Kinaed says to Violet, "But most citizens would cower and run, not get ballsy and try to arrest."

Eamon says, "It's only a problem because people use it as an excuse to say the Knights are derelict in their duty, etc. With a little more understanding of OOC factors, it'd be fine."

Margaux says to Silrie, "I expect so, that would certainly seem like the case from my time as a knight and inquisitor."

Sydney states, "I would rather more people go free, but I don't like the cognitive dissonance in play where someone's free due to the (apparent) inability to find anyone of sufficient rank to jail someone obviously needing jailed, yet there's negative repercussions later on for it. If this is the route you're going, everyone needs to suspend disbelief throughout the entire process."

Kinaed nods at Eamon.

Misune trails off, "It wouldn't lead to a problem gretel. No civilian should feel like they should try and arrest a mage, instead their focus should be on escaping said mage... But when 90% of your population knows weapons and feels like they can take on anything... well"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Vaxin says, "Yeah, I think our population is commando enough without having them be able to auto-arrest people as well"

Adilay claims to Misune, "That is an issue, but so is the backlash against the lawfuls if they get away because no one was online"

Violet says, "In the circumstances... there wasn't much running to be had. They were in danger, attacked, and ended up with an unconscious mage in an inn room."

Jullius states, "The situation was rather... unique."

Misune says, "At that point adilay that's just people complaining to complain."

Temi says, "One of my concerns is that part of knights or reeves throwing people in jail is those people taking the responsibility to get them processed through jail."

Margaux says to Adilay, "I don't think that backlash has ever had teeth, really."

Kinaed asks, "So... theoretically you could kill him and get it over with or run and inform the Order?"

Silrie is lame and usually just has her bodyguard bodily haul her outa scenes like that... so I can't really comment on actually facing one as a civilian...

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Eamon states, "I think it's fine to just say 'I couldn't find a Knight' so long as we make it clear to people not to use that as a way to say "Knights suck.""

Sydney nods at Eamon.

Kinaed nods at Eamon.

Temi says, "By being able to throw people in jail at whim, they lose control of when they arrest people - and turning these people loose would look worse on them than not being around."

Temi has transferred Tanim. [OOC]

Temi gives a small pouch appliqued with a kissing couple in silhouette to Tanim.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Silrie nods at Eamon.

Gretel says OOCly, "I agree with the fact that not arresting people is a better way to provide rp. That has always been my opinion in that story. I wanted to be sure that everyone understands and agree with the consquences."

Silrie claims, "True... so... mage lives to cast another day! Go mage."

Sydney states, "It is hard when you have someone unconscious, restrained, and outnumbered, though. It's wrong to force people to stay awake simply for someone to log in and type the "unlock" command."

Silrie grins.

Kinaed muses, "So I guess as a group we're going to go with the status quo?"

Gretel says I agree with the fact that not arresting people is a better way to provide rp. That has always been my opinion in that story. I wanted to be sure that everyone understands and agree with the consquences.

Eamon states, "Any civilian arrest code erases a substantial portion of Knight RP, given how limited Knight RP -is- to arrests, and the sheer number of civilians around."

Misune muses, "Quick question, couldn't this exact situation be used against say the Reeves as well? Oh there wasn't a reeve on so I took it upon myself to arrest this pickpocketer"

Kinaed says to Sydney, "I'd just let them go and report it to the Order. No one is forced to do much of anything."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Vaxin says, "Either kill them and deal with the IC consequences or report it, I'd say."

Eamon states, "It should be policy that not being able to find a PC of <x> guild doesn't make <x> guild derelict in its duty."

Margaux states, "Or if you want to go vigilante, just do a lynch burning."

Kinaed nods at Eamon.

Elzenn holds up an arrow which points toward Vaxin, "That."

Kinaed nods at Elzenn.

Sydney says to Kinaed, "I would suspect that you are going to basically encourage pkills here rather than jailings."

Misune wonders, "And what stops people from abusing the system? I mean it's fairly easy to knock someone unconscious and then as I understand it the autojail command could be used"

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's one topic raised in a tell that's down."

Elzenn claims to Sydney, "I honestly don't see that as a bad thing."

Violet asks, "Does it change if the player is a cyan mage?"

Sydney claims to Elzenn, "Me either, personally speaking."

Margaux agrees with Elzenn.

Tanim queries, "So... if something Ic happens.. and the right players aren't around.. you are saying that kill or let someone go free?"

Jullius says, "I really hate that"

Elzenn says, "There are IC consequences to that, and if you can get away with it, points to you."

Kinaed states to Sydney, "I personally have no issue if those events resulted in a PK. HELP PK has specific openings for 'self defense' PKs."

Eamon claims, "Or keep them in your dungeon if you want, whatever."

Kinaed states, "ICly, I can't say how authorities will take it, but citizens shouldn't arrest mages anyway, so that's there to contend with."

Jullius claims, "Because it forces you to use finish. ANd a lot of scenes don't fully support it. And then you get into this cycle where you literally have no choice but to let them go free."

Eamon says, "But RP you couldn't find a person of the right organization because you literally couldn't find them, not because the organization sucks."

Jullius says, "Technically citizens are not supposed to kill mages are."

Silrie nods.

Jullius claims, "*either"

Margaux states, "Absolutely not by the in game law and culture. But it is within their power, where jailing is not."

Kinaed claims, "Nope, but what's wrong with letting the guy go? There's no egg on your face, you're just a regular citizen."

Silrie states, "Actually, listening to it"

Misune chuckles as he remembers he once tried to pass laws to make vigilantism essentially illegal

Temi states, "I always approve of putting people in situations which cause them moral dilemnas."

Silrie trails off, "It sounds kind of thematic in the sense that, hey! We did it! We did it! And then... ooh shit no we're just citizens after all and didn't..."

Eamon says, "You can do anything you want. Keep them locked in your house for days. Break their kneecaps and leave them in Church Square. Tie them to the pyre with a note. Make them your slave in exchange for silence. You just can't auto throw them into jail because you don't have authority."

Elzenn claims, "Citizens aren't supposed to arrest mages either, to be fair. It makes a lot more sense plainly not to go after a mage as a regular joe, which removes you from putting yourself in the situation where you hit Ahalin and there's no one to open the door."

Kinaed nods at Eamon.

Sydney claims, "I do not know if it sounds thematic in a world where citizens regularly team up with knights to take on mages and demons. If it is thematic, it is not enforced consistently. It might be good if it were."

Tulenkhin has left the game.

Misune says, "Teaming up and doing it yourself is different"

Eamon says, "The important thing is citizen team up under the direction of those with legal authority."

Tanim claims to Kinaed, "I think home invasion is not the same as going mage hunting"

Violet states, "Once again... this wasn't mage -hunting-. The character entered a private RP and put himself into the scene. And the characters weren't arresting him, they were citizens looking for help."

Jullius says, "And if you're attacked? What then. If there's a huge whopping fight going on, it doesn't make sense that nobody from -either- the reeves or the knights wouldn't show up"

Kinaed claims, "I think, for all of the aforementioned reasons, that we won't enact citizen arrest code, or encourage it. Even though Misune failed to make vigilanteism completely illegal, I think it is still ICly highly frowned upon."

Eamon claims to Jullius, "We don't have cell phones, pagers, batsignals, etc."

Jullius says, "You sort of do through the order/reeve alerts though."

Eamon states, "It makes perfect sense a messenger can't find Reeves and Knights even if dozens are out there."

Kinaed states, "Then when you put the mage down, run and report what happened to the Order."

Misune says, "We just have people with great leg muscles"

Elzenn states to Jullius, "And this is an OOC constraint we have to contend with, sometimes no one can be around and it can't reflect negatively on theh players."

Kinaed claims, "If you have rope, potentially restrain him and leave them for the Order."

Elzenn states, "Willing suspension of disbelief kind of has to happen there."

Eamon claims, "Realistically, ICly, we don't have any perfect way to find people."

Eamon nods at Elzenn.

Temi states, "ICly, consider the ranks of the Knights and Reeves to be stretched thin over a huge city of all sorts of hell going on all the time."

Temi grins.

Corey is idle.

Misune claims, "Not to mention the knights are icly stretched thin due to low 'player' numbers"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think this item was raised and discussed."

Azarial states, "Especially whe the metrics are low"

Kinaed says, "We have 15 more min and more topics."

Violet claims, "But then that brings back the point- characters have started doing ICly illegal things when no one is on, because they know it's much easier to OOCly avoid arrest."

Ismael states, "You can still report it and it should be investigated."

Tanim states, "Silly."

Eamon claims to Violet, "Hooray for them, villains live longer."

Eamon grins.

Silrie grins.

Margaux muses, "That sounds like RP avoidance, potentially?"

Leofrick claims, "It could also be a matter of playtimes, the doing of things when less people are on. Lord knows how many things I did when no one was on, left clues and still got caught. "

Galen takes the opportunity to finally go eveil.

Jullius states, "Not necessarily. Playtimes."

Galen claims, "Eveil."

Kinaed says to Galen, "GL activity - you wanted to check in about it."

Sydney states, "The twist of this is that a mage did something. I only attended one OOC chat a couple months ago, and people were complaining that they didn't. So, this is perhaps a blessing in disguise."

Silrie laughs at Galen.

Margaux states, "I'd love to see Evil Galen."

Kinaed questions to Galen, "GL activity is required to be 1 hour per week like anyone else's... can you remind me about what I was thinking about that I clearly forgot to? "

Kinaed nods at Sydney.

Galen pontificates, "Ah, just a moment!"

Temi queries, "I think whether there might be able to be a longer period of time before it starts hitting approval - like missing activity one week doesn't start hitting it that first?"

Temi ponders.

Galen states, "Temi: yes"

Margaux queries, "So activity requirements would be 'You need to be active 3 out of 4 weeks in a month'?"

Galen states, "A lot of what GLs do that has to do with their duties that doesn't at all account in activity"

Kinaed says, "Oh, at this stage, I think it needs to be there to track it and it's realistic that if you're absent for a week, that people would note it and a small bit of disapproval will come your way."

Galen claims, "So if you've got stuff going on in your life and can only log on to take care of GL stuff, you could still take a hit if you can't squeeze in time for RP too."

Silrie queries, "An ooc week's like an ic month anyway... right?"

Kinaed says, "It's the only way staff have of monitoring activity, perfect or not, and it takes 4 OOC weeks down in a 6 OOC week period to get ousted."

Kinaed says, "That seems reasonable to me."

Passion is idle.

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Passion is no longer idle.
Passion has returned from AFK.

Margaux questions, "How long does it take the reputational loss of inactivity to return?"

Galen finishes abruptly, "That's what I mean - you can be present as a GL and codedly inactive"

Kinaed states to Margaux, "It returns within the six week period as the last weeks roll off."

Alvis then says "But the problem is if there is no like rp requirement then the inactive GL's can hold positions that others may be better for."

Eamon states, "Mail isn't enough to be present as a GL. It takes RP."

Kinaed states to Galen, "Potentially so, but the one hour activity mark is a requirement for every player in the game, not just GLs."

Kinaed nods at Alvis.

Galen claims, "Sorry, work"

Kinaed nods at Eamon.

Kinaed says, "I think one hour per week to be considered active is a very minimal requirement for anyone to meet."

Galen claims, "Regular players dont have to worry about approval though"

Alvis nods at Eamon "Yep. You can answer mail and stuff and that's great but it's also good (and often necessary) to rp with the guildmembers and such. Especially new folks who need interviews."

Margaux claims, "You could, in that six week period, theoretically maintain 2 inactive weeks within that without ever being ousted."

Misune chuckles faintly "I find it funny that we use a gl's rp as a way to deem they are active, when said rp doesn't have to even revolve around the fact they are gls at all. Could literately just rp with a person friend of theirs, not a business aquaintance, for an hour and still keep their gl status even if they didn't do squat for their guild that week.

Kinaed states, "No, but I think it's a fair enough thing for GLs to have to do. And we NEED some trigger to know a GL is out for the count. Whether it feels fair OOCly or not, think about the other side of the coin - a GL is fulfilling a major responsibility for a heap of players. Their checking out is far more impactful than a non-GL not playing for a week. They have a responsibility to the players and the guild they've agreed to look after."

Kinaed states, "If the requirement were insane, that'd be one thing, but the requirement is not only reasonable, it's the same requirement for every other player in the game to maintain activity status."

Azarial claims to Misune, "That is what support subvert is for adn running a gambit"

Violet says, "But that's why people can use other things to express displeasure about a GL and affect their approval, Misune."

Margaux says, "You can't subvert an inactive GL, actually."

Sydney says to Misune, "Perhaps a better barometer might be online time and requiring a "plot advance" pertaining to that guild once a week instead, rather than simply RP time."

Gretel accepts to stay near Galen while he writes his mail to fix his activity problem.

Margaux has tried.

Misune shakes head "I have my thoughts on the whole support and subvert matter but that's a discussion for another day."

Galen claims, "Can't discuss this properly atm"

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, that keeps coming up. I need to talk to Azarial about the ramifications of beign able to support/subvert inactive people."

Adilay says, "I've had my subvert stay on inactive people, but new ones cannot"

Adilay claims, "While support falls off of inactive people"

Silrie twiddles.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, this is Galen's topic and he's not in a position to discuss it properly (he's attending from work, alas)."

Margaux states, "Even if it remains on them, it is supressed while they're inactive (doesn't alter their GL standing until they're active again.)"

Edhard has left the game.

Kinaed says, "I think for that reason, and because we have 5 min left with more topics, let's table it - Galen, contact me outside of chat to discuss further."

Alvis says "My personal view if that GL's should be able to roleplay with their guildmembers and such. If people struggle for time when they are GL then are they really in the best position for GL status? I could be incredibly wrong. It just feels a shame when GL's don't interact with the guildmembers much."

Kinaed nods at Alvis.

Silrie nods at Alvis.

Temi has transferred Evrald. [OOC]

Temi gives a small pouch appliqued with a kissing couple in silhouette to Evrald.

Kinaed claims, "I agree, and I'm not sure how to ensure that happens without being too Big Brother on people."

Kinaed says, "But I definitely agree with the sentiment."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, Eamon has an announcement - Eamon?"

Margaux queries, "Could you add a new tracker for time spent in RP with your fellow guildmembers?"

Eamon says, "Kissing Festival TONIGHT just after the OOC meeting. (Maybe 15 mins after to give me time to walk up there.)"

Silrie blows everyone kisses.

Kinaed states to Margaux, "I could, but I'm not sure that tightening that sort of thing is going to be helpful."

Eamon states, "(That's it.)"

Kinaed smiles at Eamon.

Misune defends wilhelm against the horde of... people

Silrie grins at Misune.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, final topic - Silrie?"

Silrie declaims, "Okay! I'll make mine quick, since it's probably something worth speaking about in more depth on the boards, but also something I wanted to just toss out for opinion here. I've been guilty of this in the past, but I'll bring it up since I've also found myself on the receiving end lately as well. I'm finding that I don't like it all that much, and have tried hard not to do it, though I'm sure I've slipped up. If you're in a public scene and someone enters, I'd suggest, generally, allowing them to pose in first before addressing them. I've had people rush up to me when it wouldn't really make sense if Sil's just poking her head in or lingering by a doorway, etc, unless you're just really perceptive and would notice one tiny maiden in a crowded tavern. She's under 4'10; she's not someone, I'd think, who makes an entrance just by entering, which is why I like to put her in a position that suggests whether or not I plan to have her observe for a while or to interact, but it's difficult to do if I'm acknowledged the moment I codedly enter. Haha! I've also seen nobles bombarded with curtsies and bows before they've even posed in, and it makes me wonder if attempting to formulate that initial pose gets harder if you need to keep revamping it. Also, I've come to realize I like getting a feel of the scene before being tossed into it. It's probably a personal thing, but I'd just... maybe suggest practicing it off the bat? Any thoughts? I tend to just follow others' leads, but it settles uncomfortably with me at times and I feel like I'm jumping people. Haha!"

Galen has lost link.

Galen has reconnected.

Margaux says, "Agreed, good courtesy to let someone pose into a scene before acknowledging them."

Galen states, "The webclient keeps freezing and I keep getting calls so I couldn't discuss my point of view properly"

Galen states, "I would like to discuss this more in depth later if I can"

Kinaed says, "Well, I think if you want to be unnoticed entering a room, you should use stealth."

Eamon states, "Technically we have a policy that if someone is codewise there, they're ICly there, and no requirement to pose in. But I prefer posing in."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Elizabethany says, "One concern I have is that newbie type people may feel uncomfortable and ignored if they arent' greeted"

Silrie states, "No no"

Misune states, "I think it's just good manners to let them pose first before acknowleding them. Afterall for all you know they may be walking in with a wound of some sort that is not noticed just by looking"

Eamon states, "It'd be nice if you weren't treated as ICly present until you'd entered. I constantly get jumped by greetings that are weird given the way I would have posed n if somebody had let me."

Silrie claims, "What I'm trying to say is being acknowledged, literally, 2 seconds after enteirng"

Silrie claims, "I'm still typing out a pose"

Raymond states, "Yeah, I hate that too."

Elizabethany says, "I try to wait for people for a little bit, when I remember, but I want to throw out greetings and such to those who may or may not know what to do. A bit of a pause is probably good."

Elizabethany grins.

Kinaed has lost link.

Margaux agrees with Eamon.

Kinaed has reconnected.

Misune says, "And I've certainly had it where I purposefully wait to pose in to see the mood of the room"

Kinaed states, "According to our HELP RP CULTURE files, people are supposed to wait for people in the room to set the scene before posing except in emergencies."

Alvis says "Also sometimes people may have gone into a room by accident. Or realised they forgot something and wish to leave and get it without having to scene for like 5 minutes to be able to leave whilst waiting on people who got them when they entered to reply and such."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Elizabethany states, "I think there is some times where you have people on both sides waiting for the other to post first."

Kinaed states to Alvis, "Sadly, our policies also say you are where you are - so you can't ICly walk into a room, then OOCly say 'oops' and walk out legitimately unless everyone in the room is happy to let it slide."

Misune trails off, "Yeah... I've had that happen as well"

Silrie says, "I've had that happen in privates, beth, but a quick tell usually clears it up"

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says, "These things are all things that can usually be resolved by a quick tell, or if absolutely necessary, an osay."

Alvis nods to Kinaed "That's perfectly fair enough. But it could be good to emote walking in, realising you forgot something and walking out. Without necessarily having to greet twenty people ;) but you do make a very good point and such."

Elzenn states, "I'd imagine that's what a diremote/pmood is for, if you need something quickly assessable by the people in the scene you are walking in on."

Corey is no longer idle.

Misune says, "Good point elzenn, those two slipped my mind"

Eamon states, "It'd be nice if we had a single clear precedent that was usual style so people knew what to expect."

Eamon says, "So we don't have half the room expecting a pose-in and half the room not."

Gretel says "Ah, pmood, I had forgotten about that one."

Silrie claims, "I just had one recently where Sil's coming out of the queen' kitchens, and she's fully engrossed in a conversation with her npc, but someone just rushes up to her and hugs her and I'm like whoa okay... for their sake too, if they don't wait, it could make em look rude or, since she had her arms full at the time and since her balance sucks right now, it would prevent them from knocking her over. didnt rp it that way, but, example"

Kinaed states, "I would note that bows and greetings, whilst required by courtesy, are rarely required when a person just enters the room - usually it's required as a part of initial engagement... ie, they approach you, or you talk to them... but most people wouldn't expect an entire inn to stand up and bow to them when their foot crosses the inn threshold. Maybe the Queen commans that much respect, but unlikely otherwise."

Silrie says, "So, that was mine. all done"

Tanim has lost link.
Tanim has reconnected.

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Misune chuckles "There are some who just love their bows...

Kinaed claims, "Absolutely - people entering a room have a responsibility to figure out what's going on before posing in with something preposterous or that wouldn't seem rude/get them into trouble. And if they do that, then the consequences should be theirs to bear."

Kinaed says, "Okay, we're past the top of the hour."

Kinaed says, "Thank you for everyone who attended this week's OOC Chat."

Kinaed claims, "Please vote for TI to keep us visible to potential new players. There's a link at the bottom of the who list or in HELP VOTE."

Kinaed pontificates, "Enjoy your Kissing Festival today!"

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]
Lurks the Forums

• Information