Log of OOC Meeting 5/28/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat May 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kahlen says to Ofelia, "Nah, that's what the Vavardi eat."

Kinaed has transferred Vaxin. [OOC]

Riannan states, "Yes, I would like to bring something up, but it can go in player topics."

Ofelia states to Kahlen, "You know what, I'm not even going to disagree. n.n"

Kinaed states to Vaxin, "We just had the 'register if you have a topic role-call'"

Kinaed nods at Riannan.

Kahlen chortles.

Elzenn gives a soft squishable doll of a large rat frothing at the mouth to Vaxin.

Kinaed states to Riannan, "Got you"

Ofelia buffs her Vandagan fingernails.

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else?"

Margaux claims, "I'm sure all of our cultures have their own way of preparing rat."

Margaux states to Ofelia, "Except Vandago."

Ofelia claims, "We have bear."

Kahlen claims, "I'm probably just going to throw out cooking ideas later, if things aren't so serious. O:"

Kinaed smiles.

Kahlen comes from a strange land IRL.

Kinaed claims, "I think we'd love cooking ideas. You can also send them to us on the Request Board or forums."

Kahlen cheers with his new rat doll!

Elzenn states, "Indeed! We can definitely implement those on grid."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'm going with Riannan is the only person with a topic at this stage. If that changes, let me know. In the meantime, I shall kick off Staff Updates with my own."

Kinaed says, "Last week I handled a lot of policy cases, and that was sadly pretty much it (due to a heavy IRL workload)."

Romeo sits down and rests.

Romeo has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states, "Oh, wait. I actually did turn in the Spec for the "City Council""

Kinaed has created the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec[20].

Romeo asks, "Oh, can we read it?"

Kinaed drops the following:
( 20)the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec

Margaux gets the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec.

Kinaed claims to Romeo, "You can, in fact, read it."

Azarial wonders, "Is that the right one?"

Romeo claims, "Hurrah."

Kinaed says, "That's the wrong one."

Kinaed gets the following:
( 19)the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec

Kinaed claims, "Sorry guys, I'm on only a few hours sleep and not awake yet"

Kinaed drops the City Council Spec.

Kinaed gets the City Council Spec.

Kinaed has created the City Council Spec[20].

Kinaed drops the following:
( 20)the City Council Spec

Kinaed declares, "THERE!"

Kinaed says, "Enjoy, folks."

Romeo gets the City Council Spec.

Margaux gets the City Council Spec.

Misune gets the City Council Spec.

Kinaed says, "That's all for me."

Nakine gets the City Council Spec.

Riannan gets the City Council Spec.

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "You're up."

Ofelia gets the City Council Spec.

Kahlen gets the City Council Spec.

Azarial says, "Bugs, crash bugs, and the city council spec. a slow week on ti for me, alas."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "I'm checking the changes board for anything interesting."

Nothing found to get.

Tomas gets the City Council Spec.

Silrie gets the City Council Spec.

Kinaed states, "There is now an automovement command, which has yet to be tested/documented, that allows you to automatically move to objects and pick them up in a room if you're not at the right distance."

Azarial claims, "There;s no command; it;s just a mod to get."

Kinaed claims, "Autotax as well, will now have your character automatically pay their taxes."

Ofelia happily claps.

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "That was supposed to be a toggle. *cough*"

Nakine claps.

Ofelia trails off, "Damn army of guards not paying for itself..."

Azarial says, "Thta was for the second addon, it seemed"

Raymond states, "Ooooh."

Romeo asks, "But what if your character is libertarian?"

Romeo weeps.

Misune queries, "Just upkeep taxes right?"

Vaxin begins to move east.

Vaxin crosses the center of the room.

Vaxin veers to the west.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that's everything interesting on the Changes board (IE, things that are in the game and untested)."

Vaxin crosses the center of the room.

Vaxin slows to a halt.

Kinaed states, "Autotax covers both pet and house taxes."

Kinaed claims, "Well, that is what the spec says."

Ismael has returned from AFK.

Azarial says, "It should"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I think that's everything for you, Az? May I move to the next staffer? Thanks for the hard work."

Misune nods "Just was curious. I remembered some of the concerns brought up in the original topic.

Azarial nods.

Kinaed claims to Elzenn, "You're up. :)"

Elzenn pontificates, "Aaalrighty!"

Elzenn claims, "I wrapped up the greater part of the White Flame plot with our epic battle last Saturday night and I thank you guys for all of your plot advances and participation. Outside of that, I have been mostly active on grid under the guise of the Flame NPCs and some demoning, and then trying to keep a general eye on the boards. I still have a few cultural files (Farin) and helpfile refurbishings (demons) on my plate and those will get done now that I've had a wee bit of a breather. :D"

Elzenn says, "And that is me."

Kinaed smiles.

Temi skips in down a rainbow, which sparkles away behind her. [OOC]

Elzenn gives a soft squishable doll of a large rat frothing at the mouth to Temi.

Kahlen declaims, "Hooray for culture!"

Kinaed states to Elzenn, "I understand the White Flame plot was a smashing success overall, and got positive feedback. Thank you very much for that effort."

Elzenn says, "Hooray! I am glad people enjoyed it and also thank you all for your patience as it was my first big staffer plot."

Margaux claims, "Yes, it was excellent! Thank you Elzenn. :)"

Kinaed states to Temi, "Welcome, Temi. :) I'll call you last."

Elzenn claims, "(Aaaaand it got hiccough-y at times. :D)"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed has transferred Tulenkhin. [OOC]

Tulenkhin waves.
Elzenn gives a soft squishable doll of a large rat frothing at the mouth to Tulenkhin.

Kahlen exclaims, "SAVAGES RULE!"

Kahlen holds a soft squishable doll of a large rat frothing at the mouth in his hand.

Kinaed states to Ismael, "You're up. :)"

Ismael says, "I had a few RL issues that has made my time cut down considerably, and I apologize I didn't get much done this week due to it. I did, however, begin a preliminary research on what possibilities we have for the website. If anyone knows an artwork artist, web developer, graphic designer, etc, we are looking for as much options as we can. I also worked on the Cult a bit. I sadly didn't make any progress on feast tables."

Ismael states, "I'm not sure if this week will be better time-wise, but I'm going to try to continue checking our possibilities for the website and try to work on the Cult."

Kinaed claims, "Note that we're planning to pay for this work for the website."

Temi states, "Generally usually willing to take donations in such things too, though."

Temi grins.

Margaux muses, "How much are you planning to spend?"

Romeo queries, "What's the revanp gonna look like?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kahlen says, "Sadly, I am not a Photoshop professional and only know how to do film editing and video effects. D:"

Kinaed states to Margaux, "Er, I'd like to keep that under the hood for now."

Ismael says to Romeo, "We are still trying to consider options, but we are hoping for a website that is up to the standards of the RPi MUD market."

Kinaed queries to Ismael, "May I move to Temi?"

Ismael nods.

Kinaed states to Temi, "You're up :)"

Temi claims, "Okay! Well, I released rats onto the city."

Misune claps "Yay, dinner!"

Elzenn squishes her ratty friend and the doll's eyes push comically out of its
little brown head.

Nakine sits on her rat.

Temi states, "Hopefully it provides a lighter, less involved plot for people who might be excited to join in."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Margaux states, "Temi, the pied piper of Capua."

Kahlen will tame them and put up a zoo in the camp.

Temi states, "Remember, plot related RPA is free, and you can let us know if there's a way you're wrapping it into your RP for QPs and Rec points"

Ofelia ponders whether it might be worth it to invest in a litter.

Romeo states, "Ratatouille."

Silrie pontificates, "Temi stoled my idea! *sobs*"

Margaux states to Ofelia, "There is never a bad time for that."

Silrie grimaces at Kahlen. Ewww

Misune strokes chin "Clearly the next logical course of action is to release a hoard of cats to eats the rats as clearly the rats failed to eat the flies.

Temi claims, "So, feel free to jump on in and enjoy. I'll probably restock the rats a bit today."

Ofelia claims to Margaux, "Also, that."

Kinaed questions to Silrie, "I think you asked us to? *headscratch*"

Temi claims, "I don't remember if I did anything else this week other than debate extensively with Kin."

Kahlen says to Silrie, "I've been wanting to do a bug circus for a while now but rats are trending."

Temi claims, "So, that's it for me."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Silrie states to Kahlen, "Rats rock. I'm just happy to see them invading."

Ofelia states to Kahlen, "And it's winter, bugs are going to be thin on the ground."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates."

Kahlen pontificates, "Mhm! Better go sewage meat!"

Silrie claims to Kinaed, "Oh, I did. I was just messing around."

Silrie blushes.

Kinaed muses, "Player Heartbeat! How has the game been in the last week, folks?"

Misune would have no idea...

Kinaed queries, "Anything shitting you that we ought to be looking at?"

Silrie sits this one out and plays with her rat...

Ofelia had all the dinner parties.

Kinaed smiles at Misune.

Kahlen states, "Pretty fun! A Charali uprising will happen soon."

Silrie queries, "It will?"

Riannan says, "No, it's been good over all."

Kahlen says, "Yeah, we'll make you our Queen Mother."

Romeo says, "Quick question."

Kinaed claims, "It'd be awesome of Charali culture took over due to culinary delights."

Tulenkhin states, "Uh.. let's go with celebrating the fact that there have been RP scenes in the encampment, first. Uprising later."

Kinaed claims to Romeo, "Sure :)"

Kahlen squeals.

Romeo muses, "Whatever happened to that Charali colony thing?"

Kahlen is an ambitious sort.

Kinaed states to Romeo, "No idea, it was a player plot."

Kinaed asks, "Any other staff have news on it?"

Ofelia says to Romeo, "It's done, just has to be IC announced, I think."

Romeo nods.

Ofelia defers to Margaux.

Misune asks, "Wasn't it actually announced already?"

Temi states, "The official announcement was that Shaylei's plan for a March was the one selected, and she'll be the new Marquessa"

Silrie nods.

Temi says, "And, theoretically that's going on in the background."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "The plot the court asked us to run to select the marquis is done now."

Tomas says, "There is going to be an event soon ideally to do that all formally before the kingdom. just a matter of time/scheduling. if we can't work out an event it'll be done in the background"

Kinaed claims, "Probably appropriate to remind the players involved that it'd be a good idea to add some rumors or something just to show progress rather than black holing the thread off."

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Kinaed queries, "Anyone want to add anything before we go to Player Topics?"

Ofelia says, "I think PC involvement on a larger scale kinda died once it was announced/it was no longer recommended to make plot advances that happened way out there."

A beeswax candle displays an always watchful Eye of Justice, held by Vaxin flickers.

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Silrie snuffs a three-inch thick candle made of softly golden beeswax.

Ofelia exclaims, "Without being all spoilery, I think the people who had plans suddenly kinda went 'Oh, moving on then!'"

A beeswax candle displays an always watchful Eye of Justice, held by Vaxin flickers.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, finally - Player Topics. Riannan, you're up! :) Please introduce us to your topic."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Romeo stands up.

Silrie sits in the center of the big pillow.

Misune nods in agreeance with Ofelia

Kinaed says to Vaxin, "You may want to remove your candle as it's running out of wick."

Riannan claims, "Okay for this, I will preface it by saying that I know it's just me whining. But seeing as it's happened to me twice in two days, I just have to bring this up. Again, I'm pretty sure this is a me thing but here goes anyways. is there a way, we can code it, so that as far as medicine goes, that if you can treat the wound codedly, like if your skills are good enough to treat the wound, that you can see what you'll need to treat it? Like you could examine the wound, and there could be a little text saying this could be treated with... I only ask, because there is no help file on which wounds can be treated with what. Theoretically, we are meant to learn that from our guild memebers who are supposed to train the newer memebers, but it fails in practice, just because well... people get busy and it fails. So then people like me, have to ask on the physician channel, which is fine, if there were physicians online. But there weren't at that time. So what I ended up having to do, is getting all things applyable and applying them one by one, to see which would work. It's just a pain. Now I'm not as discontented as I sound right now, but I just had to bring it up because it happened twice in the last two days."

Kinaed claims, "I think that's doable."

Misune trails off, "That would be nice..."

Margaux says, "Makes sense to me."

A beeswax candle displays an always watchful Eye of Justice, held by Vaxin, flickers and goes out.

Kinaed says, "I hear there's gnotes to help you until we make that improvement though."

Silrie claims, "Just memorized what needed what after a while, but I can see how daunting it must be when you first begin."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, anything else - it's 8:30am, so this will be a short meeting if no one has anything, but I'm okay if you guys want to get back to your regularly scheduled RP."

Ofelia states, "With what (little) exposure I have had to it, Medicine is a very, very unintuitive system, so that would probably be nice (and nice for people with the skill who are not in the guild)."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Raymond is idle.

Kinaed claims, "It seems like a reasonable request to me."

Misune states, "To be fair, it's more intuitive than it was in the past"

Ofelia says, "I probably should have put that as *I have found medicine to be"

Ofelia states, "This is for my casual observer self, though."

Kahlen pulls the Charali people into a corner and proceeds to preach about the glory of food.

Silrie clonks the distractable savage on the head.

Riannan claims, "Thank you so much, I just didn't want it to come across as my being whiny and discontented, but it just I didn't know what else i could do but to bring it up. I've had to explain it to people ooc like I codedly, can treat it. I just didn't know what. It was just frustrating."

Kahlen's head is stuck in between his shoulders. His neck is gone.

Misune sighs "I miss zash... Do we have any hillmen currently?

Kahlen states, "Jazzfat is Hillie"

Silrie shrugs.

Kinaed says to Riannan, "Hehe, it's fine. That's exactly what this forum is for. No stress, you don't seem whiny."

Kahlen states, "I mean Jozafat"

Romeo claims, "Two."

Romeo says, "And Alewin."

Riannan says, "Axton, if he's ever around."

Kahlen queries, "Random question and no need to answer if violating policy: Where did a Hillwoman named Almaz go?"

Riannan muses, "In to the abyss?"

Elzenn claims, "The player left."

Riannan claims, "I just assume any char I haven't seen in a long long while, has gone in to the abyss."

Kahlen snaps.

Romeo claims, "Aw."

Kahlen claims, "Her poor ponies."

Kinaed states to Kahlen, "She left the game, sadly. IRL work got ahead of her, she told us."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kahlen says, "Awwww... Crapballs."

Misune says, "Hmm, I just had assume she got busy."

Temi claims, "At least for the Summer, may be back after"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kahlen claims, "Wooh"

Temi says, "I think there was a general board post a month or so ago"

Raymond is no longer idle.
Raymond has returned from AFK.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Silrie squishes her rat in the corner.

Romeo claims, "Ahem"

Kahlen claims, "Ohhhh"

Kinaed muses, "I think we've covered everything we've got for the OOC Chat today. Happy to just socialize for 30 min, or to put people back?"

Romeo asks, "Thirty minutes early?"

Kinaed states to Romeo, "Looks like it."

Riannan states, "Yeah, I've never seen an ooc chat end so early."

Kahlen flails and cackles, "Can we add entrails to the cook menu?!"

Romeo states, "Holy cow."
Kinaed nods at Kahlen.

Kinaed nods at Riannan.

Romeo states, "Jinkies."

Kahlen squeals!

Silrie exclaims, "Soup! Add soup to the menu!"

Riannan pontificates, "Oh I agree! Soup1"

Ofelia states, "Man, I can see some sort of charali sage reading the future in entrails."

Kahlen questions, "Wait, there's no soup? O:"

Temi states, "Stew is on the menu"

Ofelia says, "And the flight of birds."

Riannan declares, "Lots of soup!"

Silrie says, "Oh, duh."

Temi states, "Feel free to string stew as soup"

Silrie clonks herself.

Riannan laughs.

Kahlen claims, "Actually, we read the future in the way pork skin bubbles over the fire."

Ofelia states, "Mmm, crackling."

Ofelia claims to Kahlen, "Also, up your game, bruh. Entrails are where it's at."

Ofelia claims, "Far more reliable fortune-telling."

Kahlen states, "HUE~"

Silrie wonders, "Oh, hey, what can one do with pomegranites? Are they just for eating the way they are?"

Silrie trails off, "Er... i can't spell"

Ofelia questions, "They are... an ingredient in brewing?"

Silrie states, "Pomegranates"

Ofelia thinks.

Temi nods.

Temi states, "They are used in Tubori wine"

Silrie pontificates, "Ah! Thanks"

Kahlen asks, "They're used in juices IRL, right? I think?"

Margaux says to Silrie, "Can do so much with pomegranate."

Kahlen has never actually seen one.

Tulenkhin trails off, "I am infusing one in vodka right now..."

Riannan claims, "Lemonade, I want to be able to make lemonade."

Silrie grins at Margaux.

Margaux states to Silrie, "They taste good with goat cheese."

Ofelia states, "Pomegranates are pretty solid."

Kinaed falls asleep at the keyboard and jerks herself awake.

Romeo muses, "Goat cheese?"

Silrie states to Kahlen, "Really? They're messy as anything, but so good."

Kinaed queries, "Anyone have a chance to read the city specs I dropped for reading? Any questions there? Input or suggestions?"

Ofelia says, "I have a roasted eggplant with creme fraiche and pomegranates in my fridge."

Romeo states, "Go to sleep, sweet Kinky."

Riannan asks of Kinaed, "If I cheer you on, will it wake you?"

Silrie claims to Margaux, "Oooh that sounds sooo good"

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed pontificates, "I'm awake. Sorta!"

Kahlen wonders to Silrie, "Are they sweet? O:"

Margaux claims to Silrie, "Problem with pomegranates is they're a bit fiddly to get all the parts out."

Riannan exclaims, "Peaches! We should add peaches to the things!"

Silrie says to Kahlen, "Mixture of sweet and tart in my experience, but leaning more toward sweet."

Tulenkhin states, "Just peel the pomegranate in a bowl of water. The rind is waxy and will float."

Riannan pontificates, "Peaches! It's my favorite fruit and while we have every other fruit, well... minus oranges, peaches!"

Romeo states, "I like the city council spec."

Kahlen says, "Ahhhh. o:"

Ofelia points to Tulenkhin.

Temi claims, "The problem with more ingredients is only three options for a thing in any one recipe"

Romeo claims, "I feel as though GLs rarely get together. This will be cool."

Riannan muses, "Peach pie? Peach juice?"

Kahlen has lost link.
Kahlen has reconnected.

Riannan muses, "Peaches? lol"

Tomas muses, "Should I keep the food in as part of the log?"

Temi claims, "Just because we don't have an actual fruit, feel free to string the 'fruit x' as any thematic sort of fruit"

Romeo states, "And the metric system is rad too."

Margaux claims to Romeo, "Come on over any time. Bring wine."

Kinaed says to Romeo, "Thanks. :) Please let me know if any ideas hit you, etc."

Temi says, "So, feel free to make peach tarts or what have you."

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Kahlen claims, "Mango tarts pleez"

Ofelia says to Margaux, "Yes, use the dining room more."

Riannan says, "Hmm okay then. As we were."

Ofelia steeples her fingers.

Kinaed states to Tomas, "Anything from scribe to close is fine."

Temi says, "If you're doing mango, I'd suggest using some other random exotic fruit, but sure."

Romeo pontificates, "Oh, I have one thing to say!"

Kinaed nods at Romeo.

Silrie passes a soft squishable doll of a large rat frothing at the mouth to a member of the Holy Order of Dav for the Alms box.

Misune states, "Oh, I do have one quick question, not so much to discuss but just a question for the players/staff here"

Romeo claims, "My junior year is ending and I have a lot of AP tests to take, so I won't be around for about a week or two."

Silrie says to Romeo, "Good luck."

Romeo claims, "Grazie."

Kahlen fist-pumps, "Schooool"

Vaxin muses, "When does the GL inactivity requirements start to kick in? "

Romeo states, "Stay out of school kids."

Kahlen states, "Don't do floleaf."

Temi claims, "GL activity is every week, but if you let us know ahead of time, with a planned return time, we can help reset you when you're back"

Ofelia says, "Right. That stuff is terrible."

Ofelia coughs.

Kahlen grins at Ofelia.

Silrie gets a small drawstring packet of laced herbs from a spacious black linen backpack, with several large pockets.

Silrie grins at Kahlen.

Silrie puts a small drawstring packet of laced herbs in a spacious black linen backpack, with several large pockets.

Kahlen states to Silrie, "LOL"

Misune says, "d. ..l t.. ......f"

Kahlen claims, "Oh! Btw! I have a forage question! A really tiny one."

Kinaed questions to Misune, "Did you ask your question?"

Romeo questions, "Why is hemproot in everything?"

Nakine has lost link.
Nakine has reconnected.

Tulenkhin says, "That reminds me. If anyone else playing a Charali creates any social behavior that hasn't been documented before, make a note of it in the New Player Hints section to help grow the culture."

Vaxin has lost link.

Misune queries, "Sorry, I forgot. Um who are our current inquisitors? I need to send a letter to one but having been gone for like 6 weeks I'm not sure who is and isn't here currently"

Temi claims, "I tried to follow the themes of what the hrbs did mixing together to make the concoctions."

Temi grins at Romeo.

Kinaed trails off, "Guildlist order says..."

Kinaed claims, "Iria."

Kahlen queries to Tulenkhin, "Is there a thread solely about Charali people? Tried to find one but got lost"

Kinaed questions, "All players are aware that they can type 'guildlist <guild>' for a list of characters and their ranks?"

Kahlen nods

Kinaed asks, "All players know they can toggle off their guildlist?"

Misune claims, "Wasn't aware of this"

Kinaed claims, "Oh, Ewan's there too."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Tulenkhin says, "Uh.. the thread I started in 2011 is called Thoughts on the Charali in the New Player section."

Kahlen says, "Me neither. o:"

Kahlen declares to Tulenkhin, "Wew, long time ago. o_o Will find!"

Silrie has no sense of theme let alone Charali culture. lol

Kahlen muses, "Ewan is... gone though, right?"

Azarial states, "Might need to mkae sure the thread is updated for the new files"

Kinaed says, "Probably."

Romeo states, "The list is different for GLs, though. I think the GL list should be the default list."

Tulenkhin claims, "True that, Az. I hadn't compared them in a while."

Kahlen kidnaps Silrie and makes her Charali High Mother Printheth

Tulenkhin states, "The other thematic resource is the Song of Motion, also from 2011, under the Fan Fiction section."

Azarial claims, "Hill threads, as well. we have some nice new files from mika"

Silrie grins and rules over all you lesser savag men.

Romeo declares, "Matriarch!"

Tulenkhin says, "Which was on-grid at one point, but that was probably at least a game ago."

Kahlen just has to say also that "ewan" is street slang for "I don't know" in his native language.

Romeo questions, "Could I make a small proposal?"

Tulenkhin says, "If anyone wonders where my Charali get their weird creation folktales from, it's that thread."

Kinaed says to Romeo, "Sure"

Kahlen nods at Tulenkhin.

Silrie lifts a spoonful of pudding to her lips.

Romeo claims, "It was very difficult for me to come up with a last name when I first joined. Even though my current one is fabulous and I'm satisfied with it, I think it could be helpful for people to have a list of last names to choose from in chargen. They could be racially unique too, like someone from Farin could choose a default name like Sand or Snow for Vandago."

Kinaed wonders to Tulenkhin, "Can you find the link to that thread and repost it here for people?"

Kinaed nods at Romeo.

Kinaed says, "I"

Romeo says, "And I know how Game of Thronesey that sounds. Those are just examples."

Kahlen agrees with Romeo.

Kinaed states, "I'd pondered that a few times, just never got around to it"

Ofelia states, "I... do not hate this, the profound terribleness of my character's family name is a point that always makes me sad."

Ofelia has to get married just to get rid of that thing.

Margaux declaims to Ofelia, "I love your last name!"

Temi nods in agreement with Margaux.

Romeo claims, "Hartsong."

Temi says, "And it comes with such a good little story."

Misune states, "If the option to have a custom last name was still present I think this would be a great idea"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed has transferred Toroni. [OOC]

Romeo muses, "You didn't spare any literally meaning, didja Thugnificent?"

Riannan states, "Yes, but I agree there should be an option to have a custom last name as well. I've never liked it when I game made you choose from a list of names or last names, and none of them appeal to you."

Tulenkhin says, "Song of Motion is viewtopic.php?f=10&t=118. Thoughts on the Charali is viewtopic.php?f=3&t=258.

Ofelia says, "It feels... weird in comparison to what seems the general Vandagan inspiration, though."

Romeo ribs Ofelia.

Ofelia claims to Romeo, "Hey now. Don't use my rapper name in vain."

Tulenkhin says, "But as Az said, the Charali culture repository is four years out of date."

Tulenkhin claims, "Have to update to match the help files."

Kahlen rubs hands delightedly.

Kinaed nods at Tulenkhin.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, seven minutes to go - Ismael, did you have something?"

Tulenkhin says, "I have a few days of not studying for my underwriting certification. I could poke at it."

Ofelia states, "All that to say though, my like of coherence makes me wish there were more Duchy-sounding names, if that makes sense."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Ofelia claims, "Without even needing blatant examples, just a 'this is the construction of names from Vandago and feel free to inspire yourself from it'."

Kahlen asks, "Out of topic real quick: Does the cherry blossom tree outside Lithmore ever give blossoms as a result of foraging or no? o:"

Romeo claims, "Farin names could be really heavy on tok sounds."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Romeo claims, "I'd think so."

Misune queries, "We have a cherry blossom tree?"

Romeo claims, "Yup."

Temi says, "Probably not, but it's possible."

Kahlen states, "I tried but even at adept, there are no blossoms. :("

Temi says, "I'm guessing no since there does not seem to be any cherry blossom object."

Kahlen wants to fill his tub with the stuff

Riannan exclaims, "Cherries!"

Misune would hire someone to throw them everytime he entered a room

Kahlen states, "Would be lovely for soap and food too"

Kahlen declares, "And drinks!"

Romeo questions, "We have soap?"

Riannan exclaims, "Yes of course!"

Misune says, "Oddly enough"

Kahlen states, "Yuhh"

Elzenn claims, "Since they re technically there, it woud definitely be possible to integrate them without needing them as a coded ingredient."

Margaux states to Romeo, "And cologne."

Misune claims, "Quick question... Why is the Tenebrae position up for filling when according to guildleaders list we still have a tenebrae."

Elzenn states, "If I recall correctly, the soap recipes are not that specific."

Tulenkhin claims, "The phrase "pseudo-pantheon" makes me excited. Especially with the Spirits of the Light update... hrm."

Kahlen cheers for Elzenn

Temi says to Misune, "Because the current Tenebrae wants to retire"

Temi states, "RL reasons"

Margaux asks, "Is he holding the fort until a replacement comes along?"

Kinaed says, "So they're holding down the fort until the new Tenebrae comes in."

Misune trails off, "Ah... I can understand that. Wants to retire but doesn't want to leave the guild in a odd limbo..."

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Misune says, "Respectable"

Kinaed states, "Okay, with two minutes to go, I think we should start to wrap up."

Kahlen asks, "I am curious. Do people have to apply with a new PC to get GL positions or can they just be voted for within the guild?"

Ismael says, "Thank you everyone who has been participating in the TOTW #1! Don't forget to offer your comments to help fellow players improve their RP. http://bit.ly/1U7XksS"

Ismael claims, "And if you have a suggestion for this up and coming TOTW, there's a thread in those forums too."

Elzenn states to Kahlen, "They are offered to the guidmembers first, then opened to new characters."

Kinaed says to Kahlen, "It depends on how they're entering this is how it works."

Kahlen says, "Ahhhh I see"

Ofelia says, "My parting words are tip your guildleaders."

Ofelia states, "(And support your friends for all the juicy IP.)"

Kinaed says, "When a GL leaves, for whatever reason, staff look to the guild and ask if anyone wants it. Of those who say they want it, the highest ranking player will get it."

Romeo states, "What would be the youngest age to introduce people to the game? A bunch of freshmen spied me playing and thought I was hacking. I told them what I was actually doing, but not the game itself, since they're, you know, 13-14 years old."

Kinaed states, "If no one wants it, or there's no one suitable (for example, staff alts can't be GLs), then we open apps."

Margaux claims to Ofelia, "And subvert your rivals. Don't forget that."

Ofelia grins at Margaux.

Misune chuckles "Hacking... that's funny."

Temi says, "Depends on the person."

Ofelia claims to Margaux, "With a shiv to the kidneys."

Kinaed says, "A player can apply either with a new or existing character (this usually happens outside of the guild)."

Kahlen claims, "I know people who started playing around that age. o: Totally depends on the person, as Temi said."

Romeo states, "It does look like I'm hacking. I'm typing furiously away with all this code coming up."

Temi says, "I know we've had young players before, both those who have done well and struggled."

Kinaed states, "If they apply with a new character, we just approve it like any old app."

Tulenkhin says, "Lord knows I started around that age."

Riannan says, "Wow really? i didn't start till I was at least 16. Then again I didn't have a laptop till then."

Kinaed claims, "If they apply with an existing character, we first validate the app, then we approach the guild and ask if they're okay with the new GL being the existing character."

Ofelia says to Tulenkhin, "As did I, but I am also reminded that my characters, at the time, were flaming hot garbage."

Silrie stands up.

Kahlen states, "They either turn out to be trolls or superbly awesome at RP"

Margaux says, "I started at around 15."

Kinaed claims to Romeo, "We don't have a lower age limit."

Kahlen nods at Kinaed.

Misune chuckles "Those first characters... typically always a doozy."

Temi states, "We aren't aimed at being a child friendly game though."

Riannan states, "Yeah, like 15 is normal. But at 13 14, they might struggle with the more adult concepts of this game. Or any game really."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Romeo trails off, "True..."

Temi queries, "I think we've said PG-13 before on like our sexual content?"

Kinaed says, "I started around that time. I think some of our longer standing players did too."

Temi ponders.

Romeo muses, "But we do need more players, right?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Romeo.

Kinaed says, "I have no problems with you introducing them to the game, Romeo."

Raymond is idle.

Elzenn states, "That sort of thing has a tendency of regulating itself. The ones who take a shine to it will probably thrive more than the ones who don't."

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, we're 2 minutes past the hour - surprise!"

Kinaed nods at Elzenn.

Toroni grins.

Romeo says, "We filled those thirty minutes well."

Kinaed claims, "I would just warn them that it's for adults and can get a bit rough."

Kinaed nods at Romeo.

Toroni muses, "A bit?"

Romeo states, "Will do."

Kinaed exclaims, "Okay, wrapping up now!"

Kinaed says, "Thanks for coming everyone."

Margaux says to Kinaed, "That will probably sound like candy."

Riannan declares, "In to the abyss!"

Kinaed wonders to Margaux, "Would I do that?"

Margaux says to Kinaed, "Yes."

• Information