Log of OOC Meeting May 7, 2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Shimacatta

Sat May 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed states, "I'll take the extended silence as a no. :)"

Toroni grins.

Kinaed says, "Okay, let's see. Last week, I didn't do much except approve a few help files and clear
out some boards."

Kinaed says, "This week, I still have jail automation and roles on my agenda."

Kinaed claims, "That's it for me. Az, you're up."

Azarial says, "Mostly plugging away at weird bugs and crashes."

Eamon pontificates, "I was afk grabbing dinner but there's a few forum ideas we could discuss!"

Kinaed wonders to Eamon, "Sure, raise them when we get there?"

Kinaed checks the Change Board really quick.

Kinaed questions, "Everyone knows that @ as a new line in the editor is back?"

Estone says, "Thank youu"

Kinaed states, "There's a new storyteller command that allows them to remove moves as a result of
activity IC."

Kinaed claims, "I think purchasing regions has become easier, and some fixes for cloaked retainers -
use action, not changing their short."

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's all I've got."

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up."

Temi declares, "Okay!"

Kinaed has transferred Dawn. [OOC]

Temi states, "I finished up the reaction progs for random NPCs and added them to a bunch of mobs"

Temi gives a fluttering white sheet cut with rough eyeholes to Dawn.

Temi states, "Hopefully some people have started to see them! Keep an eye out for them and let us
know if it feels good, too much, etc."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says to Temi, "Thanks for that :)"

Raymond applauds.

Temi states, "The most common people who will see it will be Charali, Hillfolk, prestige folk, and
indecent folk. Though there were also be glad to see you people in your foreign areas."

Raymond pontificates, "Nice!"

Estone says, "Ooh"

Dawn queries, "Sorry, what was this about? *she asks, late to the party*"

Toroni nods.

Temi claims, "I've also started trying to figure out proposals for our plans on class mobility,
which should make it quite uncommon, but a little more defined - and easier to go down than up."

Kinaed says to Dawn, "Temi added some thematic mob progs to make mobs react to PCs."

Temi claims, "But not a lot of progress there yet."

Estone declaims to Temi, "That is so exciting!"

Temi says, "And that's all for me."

Dawn says OOCly, "Oo, awesome!"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states to Takta, "You're up."

Takta declares, "Okay!"

Takta claims, "I processed a bunch of changes, as you can see when you log on."

Takta states, "I also began work on new medical helpfiles for the game, including defining our
humoral system."

Takta says, "This project should culminate in some general guidance helpfiles for everyone, some
more in-depth helpfiles for Physicians, and probably a book or two."

Kinaed says, "HELP CHANGE APR2016 for a list."

Kinaed has transferred Hunapo. [OOC]

Takta exclaims, "And help change may2016, too!"

Kinaed says to Takta, "I fail."

Hunapo states to Temi, "Thanks."

Kinaed facefaults.

Kinaed grins at Takta.

Takta says, "That's it for right now. Upcoming, continued work on medical files and on a certain
project for a plot, later."

Takta grins at Kinaed.

Takta declares, "Hey, some of the April stuff is newish too!"

Kinaed claims to Takta, "Thanks, Takta. It sounds exciting."

Kinaed pontificates to Ismael, "You're up!"

Ismael says, "This week I have been working on requests, typos, helping loading the ST that Ofelia &
Ofelia held and a few others. I've made some preliminary progress on the Cult of Transcendent
Ecstasy's lore and I am hoping to have the helpfile done and out soon before I work on the grid
stuff. I've also been managing the IC event about Gabriel's Fine Decor and Furnishing's competition
for drawings of chests and bookshelves (board ic - note read 14) and I am hoping to link that shop
to the grid very soonish. I have also been doing my holy best to encourage everyone to vote and I
want to give our players a hearty thank you for helping us with that :)"

Kinaed says, "Yes, thanks to all of you, we're in the top 10 MUDs on TMC right now."

Kinaed states, "So thank you for continuing to vote, which has helped keep us highly visible for new
players."

Kinaed claims, "This week, 12 new characters created, and I'm sure some of that is due to your
voting."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, that wraps up our Staff Updates. Anyone have any questions?"

Kinaed muses, "Alright, onward to Player Heartbeat then! How was your week on TI? RP good? Anything
shitting you?"

Toroni claims, "Its all right, sort of"

Dawn pontificates, "I don't have a question, but I did want to chirp in a thank you to the people
running STs, events, all of those fun things. They add a great feeling of festiveness to the world,
which I feel like is a key theme for the game -- Hard Work, Crummy Life sometimes, but Party Hard!"

Eamon says, "Not having enough time to RP."

Eamon grins.

Kinaed comforts Eamon.

Kinaed states to Eamon, "We think a lot of people are in that position at the moment."

emote agreeees with Eamon there.

Estone agreeees with Eamon there.

Hunapo wonders, "Tangent question, what is the threshold for active status?"

Kinaed says to Dawn, "I agree, we're also quite grateful. It's nice when the pbase steps up and
provides some story fun."

Kinaed states to Hunapo, "1 RP hour per week."

Kinaed claims to Hunapo, "That's the same for everyone. We removed the GL 3 hours as a failed
experiment."

Kinaed states, "Didn't seem to do anything but have some of our good GLs up and quit because they
couldn't consistently meet the requirement and it put too much pressure on them so it wasn't as much
fun."

Hunapo states to Kinaed, "Hrm... I may be talking to you after the meeting then but I wont take up
any time now."

Kinaed nods at Hunapo.

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else have any comments about how their last week went? Anything they want to
raise?"

Toroni states, "Not here, I spoke to you in tells"

Raymond says, "It has been fun overall! A bit slow at times, but the events had a lot of players."

Kinaed asks, "If not, we can pop to Player Topics, and Eamon - you said you wanted to discuss a few
things on the forums?"

Kinaed nods at Toroni.

Kinaed nods at Raymond.

Eamon states, "The one that comes to mind immediately is that a bunch of people wanted a way to auto-
pay taxes."

Kinaed claims to Eamon, "Yeah, that one was already approved, I'd just asked if both house and pets
or just pets."

Kinaed says, "Haven't checked back since I asked."

Kinaed loads the forums in another window.

Hunapo states, "I say both, personally, but I am inherently lazy."

Marisa claims, "The every week on pets is pretty exhausting"

Eamon claims, "Oooh, I missed that. I think it's pets that people want most."

Eamon declaims, "Lagging bad, sorry!"

Marisa claims, "I struggle to get active every week, and then have to go give my pets money"

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, well, happy to set it up."

Temi claims, "I'd worry a little about never being able to reclaim houses"

Kinaed queries, "Anything else on that front?"

Kinaed says to Temi, "Hmm."

Eamon has lost link.

Eamon has reconnected.

say auto pay could be tied to activity.

Estone states, "Auto pay could be tied to activity."

Kinaed claims, "We may have problems making inactive payments anyway, because the game inherently
freezes payments of inactive people."

Kinaed nods at Estone.

Tacitus is idle.

Kinaed says, "Anyway, if you're active, autopay should work just fine, and I'm happy to put a toggle
in that defaults as on for that."

Kinaed muses to Eamon, "Any others from the forums that you'd like to raise?"

Marisa questions, "Though it's also upsetting when I fail to get active for a week, like I'm at 50
minutes or something, and then I don't get my weekly payment, and I still have to pay pets?"

Toroni states, "I should be around more, and I'd love auto pay"

Kinaed says to Marisa, "I might have to think through that logic a bit more."

Dawn states, "I'm pretty on-board with that with Marisa; I don't think Taxes should ping if you're
not active. It's just ... anti-fun. We all want to be around more, probably, but sometimes thnigs
get in the way, and having Taxes generate if we're inactive is just megh."

Marisa nods at Kinaed.

Tacitus is no longer idle.

Tacitus has returned from AFK.

Eamon says, "There was a good idea on showing what body part is exposed when someone is tagged
indecent."

Kinaed says, "I'm not sure I'm quite ready for the idea that if you go away, you get a free ride,
but if you don't go away, you pay."

Kinaed says, "I think that needs some thought."

Takta says, "As it is, right now, taxes don't accrue for inactive people past week 1."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Marisa nods at Takta.

Takta states, "So if you're inactive for 5 weeks you still only owe one week's worth of upkeep taxes,
which is pretty generous imo."

Kinaed states, "So you'd be paying the same as if you're active."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Marisa states, "As someone that tries to be active every week, more frustrating."

Kinaed states, "At least with pet taxes. Not sure if house taxes are the same."

Marisa states, "Tries and fails, that is."

Takta claims, "House keeps accruing, since it's 1/monthly."

Estone nods with Marisa.

Dawn muses, "Then why not make wealth payments be the same way?"

Kinaed queries to Takta, "To a limit of one month, or for as long as you're gone?"

Takta claims, "Four then repossessed, yeah."

Takta states, "Real estate has to work a bit differently, though, since it clutters up the grid."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll think on that. For the moment, I'm happy to put in autopay."

Kinaed claims, "The other items, I need to think about."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Eamon says, "And the auto-movement topic got raised again... which I'll admit seems even better now
that rooms are gigantic."

Kinaed claims, "Honestly, I don't think 4 weeks is a big deal, particularly if week 5 is repossessed,
and inactive is at 4 weeks."

Kinaed says, "Checking auto-movement. Not sure I've seen that yet."

Kinaed states, "Probably doable if we leave out auto-moving to players, which was the big
contentious item due to how it'd interfere with combat."

Kinaed says, "Does irritate me to skip players having to be aware of where the heck they're at in a
room, but oh well."

Eamon states, "It's definitely frustrating given room sizes now, so this would be awesome."

Kinaed says, "Anything else anyone wants to raise to discuss? Otherwise, I have to admit, it's
Mother's Day here, and I was looking forward to the pampering and so forth."

Eamon states, "At least it frustrates me, I bounce off stuff."

Eamon grins.

Kinaed pontificates, "And a reminder to you all to call your Mom tomorrow! :P"

Eamon declaims, "I'm good!"

Hunapo grins at Kinaed.
Kinaed questions to Eamon, "Have room sizes increased recently?"

Eamon questions, "I think so?"

Kinaed says, "Heh."

Kinaed asks, "Anyway, anything else anyone wants to talk about?"

Kinaed wonders, "If not, then I'd like to remind/ask you guys to please vote. And is there someone
who is willing to write a review of us for TMC/TMS/Optional Realities?"

Estone pontificates, "Thank you for putting this chat on every week!"

Kinaed states to Estone, ":)"

Kinaed claims, "Okay then, let's all enjoy today. Those of you who are dressed like ghosts - just
remember that when you pop into RP."

Kinaed waves cheerfully, "Thanks for joining us today, it's great to see everyone!"

• Information