Log of OOC Meeting 3/19/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:12 pm

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Ofelia states, "I have a topic."

Kinaed states to Ofelia, "Noted, please type it up and be ready to introduce it when I call on you."

Ofelia nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else?"

Ostium says, "If there is extra time at the end I would just like to ask about a possibility"

Kinaed nods at Ostium.

Kinaed states, "Writing it down."

Kinaed states, "Anyone else? Otherwise, I'll take the prolongued silence as it's time to move on. :)"

Ostium says, "Speak dravari"

Ostium states, "Oops"

Ostium says, "Mischan I believe is the word"

Kinaed says, "Okay then, let's move on to Staff Updates. Last week, I did a lot of recommend processing and assisting players through the boards. I haven't been around much since I took a week off for my 5th anniversary, and came back to work with a lot to do."

Kinaed states, "Next week, my priorities are still automated jail and the role spec, though I am moving slowly with little time to focus on things. But, they'll get done."

Kinaed pontificates to Azarial, "You're up!"

Azarial claims, "Well, i stuffed in the lsat of the upkeep mods; it's in the hands of the builders now. otherwise sasorted small bugs and such as I go back to chewing on gambits. most of the math mistakes appear to be ironed out again, due to trying to reduce the lag spikes when the support commands were called"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial claims, "I believe I hvae found all of that, so that should help reduce the spikes. that;s not all of it for the nightlies, so that'll be an ongoing project."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial says, "I think I am down to one page left on the gambits, and a break through today should help finish that up in the coming week."

Azarial questions, "o, someone go out and put a foot in it so we can test it?"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed coughs.

Azarial grins.

Ostium says, "Help gambits"

Azarial says, "The gambit doens;t hvae to succeed to test it."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "We might get a willing GL to let us test it."

Temi claims, "I think Az is in part teasing. Gambits are the new plans for removing guildleaders."

Temi grins.

Azarial claims, "It is tied into the support/subvert, though it will still use IP in spots"

Azarial says, "...but not the massive amounts as before"

Ostium muses, "If its easier to do will it likewise be easier to block?"

Ostium states, "Nevermind, I'll just wait until they're done."

Azarial says, "Once the gambit is in motion, it's a straight up vote."

Eili snuffs a roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick.

Kinaed claims to Ostium, "Not sure about the ease, it will need tester. It works differently, though, and it has a period of time to reconcile."

Kinaed has created the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec[1].

Kinaed gives the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec to Ostium.

Kinaed wonders, "Would anyone else like a copy of the spec?"

Raymond pontificates, "Ooooh, I would!"

Kinaed has created the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec[1].

Kinaed gives the GL Barometer and Ousting Spec to Raymond.

Kinaed says to Temi, "Okay, Temi, you're up. :)"

Temi says, "I don't think I did a whole lot... some plot stuff, some plotting on back to the Vavard helpfile sprucing, and got the new recommend for enabling conflicts in, which has sparked a bunch of discussion, it seems. And I think that's about it."

Kinaed says to Temi, "I think handling the plots is a big thing in itself :)"

Kinaed says to Takta, "You're up :)"

Takta states, "Hi folks! So: last week I told you it was my spring break and I would attempt to finish my book project. Well, lo and behold, it's a week later and... it's done. All of the coded books in the game have been edited to match religious theme. Some books were also edited, or in one case entirely removed, to remove plagiarized content from the real world that wasn't caught on initial submission."

Takta claims, "In grand total, about five books had extremely small edits (to remove things like referring to the Lord as a creator in one line or using the term 'Abyss' or 'Paradise' to refer to a sort of hell or heaven), eight books had moderate edits, and another eight or so had major edits. "

Kinaed claims to Takta, "Nice catch."

Mika grins at Takta.

Raymond cheers happily.
Takta says to Kinaed, "Teacher's experience, I guess."

Takta grins.

Takta states, "Major edits were done mostly to the religious books - Divine Love, the Hymnal, etc. - or to books that painted the Order in an unthematically bad light, like History of the Reeves. As a note, I sometimes used prefaces when I didn't want to delete a book entirely but couldn't make it work without completely rewriting it. For example, St. Remiel was left intact but re-characterized as a pre-Consolidation piece of lore later superceded by the Erra Pater. "

Ofelia grins.

Takta states, "If you see anything thematically weird lingering in books in the Grand Library, please feel free to drop a typo board! But that is it for me. I'll probably start working on a few little building things next, details to come. ;)"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Almaz is idle.

Almaz is no longer idle.
Almaz has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says to Mika, "You're up :)"

Mika claims, "I've been picking at some helpfiles, mostly low-key flavour stuff - example, some players and I were up late one night and came up with some ideas to rewrite 'help birthstone' which i'll toss in after the chat.

Still working on speccing out a more screenreader-friendly method of evoking (at this point it's mostly just a matter of me sitting down and finishing it). Also writing new demon guidelines as we try to strike a better balance between demons being terrifying & fun to play with. I got recommended after yesterday (<3) so I think we're going in a generally good direction."

Mika states, "Thats it for me"

Kinaed smiles at Mika.

Kinaed claims to Elzenn, "You're up :)"

Elzenn claims, "I was a little bit scarce due to work obligations, so I did not contribute all that much in the last week or so, sadly! I am back, however, I have been attacking the boards, what with building phomes and seeing to other requests, while I get back into my White Flame schedule. Thank you very much for keeping the evil alive while I was gone! I'll be seeing to related plot advances in the coming days and getting us rolling again on that."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, is that it for staff updates?"

Kinaed muses, "Then moving on. :) My favorite part... Player Heartbeat! Let's start with - how was RP this week, everyone?"

Kinaed has transferred Leofrick. [OOC]

Ostium declares, "Great!"

Altana states, "My event was good & i refuse to shut up about it"

Elzenn gives an elaborately painted sculpture representing a rotund fish to Leofrick.

Raymond states, "Super fun! And I loved the demon stuff."

Mika grins at Raymond.

Elzenn states to Altana, "I mean, it spawned greatness."

Elzenn holds an elaborately painted sculpture representing a rotund fish in her hand.

Elzenn shakes an elaborately painted sculpture representing a rotund fish
and it produces a soft rattling sound.

Kinaed asks, "That's wonderful to hear. Has anyone found anything going on in the game to be a pain?"

Ostium states, "I got to RP some interesting events with some great RPers which made it even better (Raymond being one, though I wanted to stab him for a while, which is another sign of a great RPer)"

Eamon says, "I feel like I've just been seeing a lot of really -good thematic- RP lately, which is great."

Kheit says, "So as my first week, the quality has been fantastic. There are really amazing RPers here. I'm excited to see how staff-run plots continue! I went and read the log for last week's meeting, and can say OOC issues aren't something that I noticed."

Altana nods.

Evrald is idle.

Raymond grins to Ostium.

Menivichi says, "My RP was Brotastic"

Altana states, "I noticed the ooc stuff dropping off really quick after that ooc chat"

Kinaed claims to Kheit, "I'm glad to hear that. :)"

Kinaed states to Altana, "That is so awesome to hear."

Raymond claims, "Yes, it did. Yes, it did."

Ostium trails off, "Pain, hmm..."

Eili says, "I just started playing only recently and the RP is amazing"

Almaz states, "I made a forum post about the only thing that i've been really itching to make better; not sure if it would be constructive to try to discuss it here"

Raymond says, "I think it has been an awesome week, and the new players are having fun, it seems."

Ostium declaims, "No RP related pains!"

Eamon states, "Yay for new players! In fact it's a lot of the newer folks really amazing me especially with being so thematic, I think."

Ofelia declaims, "I have been... er... away! But yay to new players enjoying themselves!"

Kheit states, "Only thing that comes to mind is the use of RP and WHERE, and knowing that it's on in certain situations."

Eamon says, "Religion and culture everywhere, awesome."

Leofrick says, "I love all our new players"

Mika nods.

Leofrick says, "Theu make me jealous"

Ostium states, "You can turn on a prompt that tells you if RP is on"

Kinaed claims to Almaz, "I'll have a look."

Eamon claims, "I... need to change my prompt then. I know I leave RP on."

Ostium says, "Help prompt, but I could show you how after"

Kinaed nods at Kheit.

Raymond states, "I think he/she refers to the fact that not everyone turns it off in certain situations."

Kinaed asks of Kheit, "Can you elaborate a bit by what you mean?"

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says, "Please remember, if you have whereRP on, then it's an actual invitation for other players to make up an excuse to come join the RP. In private situations or places, it may be best to turn it off."

Kheit declares, "I'm not worried about my having in it. There have been a few scenes where players that I've roleplayed with have kept RP on in instances where it might detract from the scene. But keeping it on might be intentional, I'm not sure!"

Kinaed nods at Kheit.

Almaz says, "OH im so glad we got a new earl marshall and i <3 her already"

Almaz nods.

Kinaed says, "It's fine to send a tell and ask people to turn it off. A lot of people do, actually, just assuming it's an accidental oversight. It usually is."

Eamon states, "I just don't -remember- it's on since it defaults to on all the time, so I only remember to turn it off if like, I'm actually actively concerned about privacy. Which is bad, I know."

Caytham begins to count their money.

Kinaed nods at Eamon.

Kinaed states, "I'd hate even more for people to not remember they have it off, which is the reason we switched it to default on - it was a serial issue where people would turn it off and forget for three weeks."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, it's probably a minor thing overall."

Raymond questions, "Maybe there could be an option in autowarn to remind those who are not having RP that it's off and those who are having RP in certain rooms / situations (such as combat) that it's on?"

Ostium states, "Yeah, there is a way to make it show up at the bottom by your RPxp and HP and stuff whether your RP is on or off"

Kinaed says to Raymond, "Let me think about that. It may solve the issue."

Eamon says, "I usually don't jigger with prompts."

Kinaed claims to Ostium, "I think it's in HELP PROMPT."

Eamon says, "But maybe that one's worth an edit."

Ostium asks, "I could add it to the basic one for you and send youa copy?"

Eamon nods at Kinaed.

Eamon claims, "Oh, no, I can easily do it myself, I just usually am fine with the default prompt."

Mika starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed states, "HELP PROMPT has the default prompt text in it too so you can always fix it if you make a mistake."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, anything anyone wants staff to have a look at or intervene about before we move on to Player Topics?"

Caytham starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Ostium says, "I just always leave it on all the time, either I don't get into situations where it needs to be off or I just don't know I'm in one, I'll have to talk to someone about when its appropriate to turn it off."

Kheit claims, "I know it was mentioned last week, but some of the pooling for combat and crafting seems to be incredibly slow, still."

Kheit states, "Which may just be my stats, but it seemed slow enough to warrant mentioning."

Mika finishes its note.

Azarial states, "The %o in help prompt might need to be moved to the imm section."

Kinaed says to Kheit, "Let me check. We increased the pooling speed by 1/3 last week."

Kinaed states to Kheit, "I think that's due to your character's setup, yes."

Caytham finishes her note.

Kheit exclaims, "Okay, that makes sense!"

Takta muses, "I think we only tinkered with crafting pool, right?"

Takta says, "Brb"

Takta plays a radical riff on zir air guitar, and ascends into heaven on the wings of rock. [OOC]

With the wail of a classic guitar, the ground splits open in a fount of lava to birth a triumphantly rockin' Takta. [OOC]

Kinaed says, "Okay, if that's all for Player Heartbeat (Kheit, you're still cyan so can go back into chargen to swap or reroll your int) it's time for Player Topics. :)"

Kinaed muses to Ofelia, "Please raise your topic?"

Azarial begins to write a message on the courier's desk.
(This is an OOC mail.)

Azarial finishes writing her mail.

The Courier hands Kinaed a letter.

Ofelia exclaims, "Aye, aye!"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Ofelia claims, "I think this is a low-key-complaint-but-really-more-of-a-question. If that makes sense. I am genuinely wondering how people feel about the speech levels in the game. While I don't think everyone needs an impenetrable accent (but I admire those who do!) and we don't all need to Ye Olde Timey English it up, but I have to admit I occasionally get a touch of 'well, this is a jarring modernism'. I am genuinely wondering how people feel about this? Does it matter? Do we care? I don't think it's hyper problematic, but I wanted to know how people feel about it, as far as immersion goes."

Kinaed says, "I don't like it when people use modern slang. We've rejected rumors before for things like that. For example, citing mass production or other modern concepts."

Eamon claims, "Interesting question. I rarely feel that way, I view what we're seeing as a 'translation', but some modernisms are jarring to me if they're really modern."

Eamon claims, "Neato cool awesome! would probably throw me."

Ofelia says, "Awesome is my big one."

Altana queries, "There's definitely a level of modernism that takes me out of the game, but the only time it really bothers me is when it's in brutal rumours and stuff and it feels that the person behind it is less invested in keeping to theme/character than being nasty if that makes sense?"

Ostium says, "I do my best to avoid using words like cool and awesome but I slip up occasionally, feel free to send me a tell if you notice."

Eamon nods at Altana.

Caytham claims, "Awesome is in the Bible, so it doesn't throw me."

Ofelia claims, "It's an old word, but it's... shifted. And passing by to hear 'well, I can't help that I am AWESOME' makes my record skip."

Eamon says, "Yeah, when it feels like a rumor is just the player talking."

Eamon says, "But awesome in that sense is very different, yeah."

Kinaed pontificates, "We used to have a player that would use complete modern college-kid slang, drove me up a wall. But alas, that's mostly my preference, and not something I'd probably be going up to someone and saying "You can't do that! Policy says no!""

Eamon states, "No problem with awesome as in awe-inspiring."

Kinaed says, "More I'd feel the person doing it is just... out of touch with RP."

Caytham claims, "Ah, I see."

Kheit says, "I totally know what you mean. I catch myself using some modern types of speech, though it's rare. I don't mind things like Awesome when they're used in certain contexts (like when something literally evokes awe). Not everyone needs dialects or accents or anachronistic methods of speaking, but trying to keep it to a certain level is personally appreciated."

Ostium states, "I am, but I'm learning. I think most people would be willing to hear if they're using words that don't fit."

Altana claims, "Otherwise I think I have a lot of patience for remembering that Lithmorrans wouldn't even be speaking old english. But yeah. I prefer when there's effort to keep really modern-feeling stuff out."

Kinaed nods at Ostium.

Eamon says, "I do use more slangy and modern terms on lower-class alts to convey informality/lack of education/elegance in speech."

Altana states, "Appreciate when it is, is probably more accurate"

Altana nods at Eamon.

Almaz says, "And I will never let go of 'balls' as an exclamation."

Ofelia claims, "Yeah, I definitely don't think we need some crazy stringent standard for speech, because that would be... unfun. For pretty much everyone. But I am glad to hear it is a thing people like to think about."

Ofelia grins at Almaz.

Eamon declaims, "This will remind me to be thoughtful about where I draw that line!"

Menivichi asks, "Can ye walketh me to the olde vineyard, laddie?"

Kinaed claims, "Well, I appreciate that this topic has come up. From the responses - I don't really see anyone saying they enjoy it or think it's good - this is probably one of those things that someone would be doing that'd irritate everyone, and no one would ever tell them even though they'd really want to fix it if they knew."

Caytham says, "Lower class characters always sound cockney to me, whether the player's vernacular reflects this or not."

Kinaed claims to Ofelia, "So on that note, thank you for raising the topic. :)"

Ostium asks, "Think someone could make a list of some words that fit the theme perfectlly? as a baseline?"

Altana exclaims, "OH WAIT there's one pet peeve! In old english"

Eamon states, "It might be easier to list words that DON'T."

Ofelia states to Kinaed, "I had been meaning to. Language-bod that I am. :D"

Kinaed nods at Eamon.

Ostium states, "Both I'd think"

Altana states, "Thee/thy/thou are informal (like modern languages that have retained t- and v- forms of 'you') and if you're using it in a formal context you're actually being rude"

Eamon claims, "And even then it may be too subjective. I use kid and kiddo for children to convey informality, but others might feel that's too modern."

Kinaed nods at Altana.

Kheit says, "Yeah, I'd say I prefer people using phonetic accents (with punctuation to match it). Using anachronisms (thee, thy) don't really feel necessary. Though, I haven't noticed anyone doing it at all."

Eamon asks, "Could do a forum thread on suggestions/examples? In the new player guideline?"

Ostium claims, "I'm fine with kid personally, though I use child"

Altana says, "I mean we don't even require it here but i hear it sometimes. "sirrah" is also diminutive i believe"

Kinaed asks, "Wasn't "You" the equivalent to the German "Sie" not 'Thou', which was actually informal and used only amongst close friends?"

Ofelia says to Eamon, "That would be fun to have."

Menivichi claims, "Mhmm"

Kinaed says to Eamon, "That'd be a great idea."

Ostium says, "I'm sure I could find a site with guidelines, ha"

Eamon says, "Thankfully I've never encountered thees and thous."

Eamon grins.

Temi claims, "Forum thread seems appropriate level on this."

Temi nods.

Menivichi claims, "Can confirm. afaik"

Eamon states to Ofelia, "You should write the post! Since you're language bot."

Menivichi claims, "From Mr German"

Kinaed asks of Ofelia, "Would you be happy to start a forum topic off the back of this with the suggestions in the New Player forum?"

Ofelia claims, "I will frenchify at you all-"

Altana states to Kinaed, "I'm not actually sure! I only remember 'thou' is familiar. But yes, forum topix :X"

Ofelia declaims, "But yeah, totally! I am happy to give it a good thought and take input from anyone who wants to give any!"

Kheit says, "I'm actually a Linguist, so if anyone has questions about dialects (accents) or language, feel free to send me a tell."

Eamon says, "I'd love for us to establish dialects/accents for the different cultures too"

Kinaed nods at Eamon.

Temi claims, "Uh oh, Ofelia and Kheit are gonna get together."

Ofelia grins.

Kinaed grins at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Takta declares, "Go ye forth, and language!"

Kinaed states, "Okay, since that's done... who is next.."
Mika grins.

Kinaed digs in her notes.

Ostium trails off, "Indeed..."

Kheit likes Eamon's idea, and already has a few ideas he'll pitch on the forums.

Kinaed queries to Ostium, "You said you had a query or something to raise?"

Kinaed says, "I like it too - I'd love to have a help file on linguistics for each culture."

Kheit says, "I'll get on that then, start a discussion."

Kinaed nods at Kheit.

Takta claims to Kheit, "Let us know if you want to know what each language 'sounds' like when you don't have the ranks."

Kinaed claims to Kheit, "Thaanks :)"

Ostium says, "Eh, it was just a quick question relating to how long it took to raise crafting levels. I have far more merch than I could possibly sell, was wondering about an option of selling it for a small amount of silver, similar to a donation, or something, but if you're speeding up crafting its not really important anymore."

Kheit nods to Takta, "I will!"

Ofelia grins at Kheit.

Kinaed nods at Ostium.

Kinaed states to Ostium, "We already did speed it up though."

Ostium states, "Exactly. though I do still have 25 gowns I'm using as carpeting."

Kinaed says, "Ostium's learning capacity is really comparatively high though, so you should be learning fairly quickly."

Kheit nods aside to Ostium, "Oh! Actually, that was something I was wondering about as well. The price for raising crafting versus the speed seems really high, which is totally fine! But is there any thought about vNPCs buying them for a smaller amounts of silver?"

Ostium says, "Yeah, thats what I was getting at really."

Kinaed says to Kheit, "Not really, we're looking at salvage instead."

Leofrick has lost link.

Ostium claims, "Salvage in what sense? I would get cloth back from cloth items? but I moved past cloth already, so it doesn't help me out."

Leofrick has reconnected.

Kheit claims, "That sounds like a perfectly reasonable alternative, sounds good."

Leofrick has returned from IAW.

Evrald has left the game.

Temi says, "It doesn't help you out now, but you wouldn't have ended up with 25 gowns."

Takta grins at Temi.

Takta nods.

Takta says, "And you may get orders for cloth items later, anyway."

Kinaed claims to Ostium, "Yes, exactly like that. We can't open NPC purchasing for balance reasons. Also, you can sell cloth or donate it to your guild, etc, to help other people learn."

Almaz states, "I'd be totally in love with salvage given how expensive exotic wood and decorative items are"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Ostium claims, "I'm good with that."

Almaz questions, "Do you think there could be some way we could store unfinalized items?"

Temi claims, "That said, there will be a speed at which leveling up your skills isn't going to be possible to make you money."

Ostium declares, "YES!"

Kinaed wonders to Almaz, "What do you mean?"

Eamon states, "Oh god, yes please."

Almaz claims, "If we do have like 20 gowns lying around untooled and we're waiting on orders for example, we have to leave them on the floor, we can't put them in cupboards"

Eamon says, "That 1000%."

Takta says, "(Unfinished items can't go in containers, is the basic idea)"

Kheit nods to Temi, "I don't think it should, really. Learning is expensive, I certainly don't think there should be a net gain for practiced items."

Ostium says, "I don't see why not though, is the thing."

Kinaed states, "Let me go back and talk to Az about that - there may be a reason for it."

Almaz nods.

Kinaed says, "But I'll note it as a desired change. Thanks for raising it, Almaz."

Almaz declares, "Anyway sorry for hijacking!"

Takta says, "And I know this is way old school, but Back in The Day, crafters didn't hurry to higher skills as much because they didn't stock pre-prepared inventory - they mostly worked on commission."

Takta says, "Skills went up slower, but there was a lot less waste."

Ostium states, "I can carry a gown around with me thats unfinished for a month, but I can't store it safely in a cupboard? makes little sense IC."

Kinaed states, "Also, crafters - please test crafting out for the next 3 weeks. If in 3 weeks we still thinking craft learning is too slow, let us know and we'll adjust it again. I just want some time for normalcy to set in with the new pool settings."

Takta says, "So you don't HAVE to always be rushing to max out skill, although I know there's little PC demand at lower levels of skill."

Almaz vibrates

Kheit says, "Has there ever been any thought about practice crafts that don't produce an item, pool a small amount, and cost a small amount of silver/"

Temi claims, "For merchants, remember you can also retool items you've made for 1 silver, if you do have to finalize them, but want to change them up later."

Kinaed says to Kheit, "There was, but I'm best to leave this to Temi to answer. I think it was rejected."

Ostium says, "I just need to have an NPC I can hire to tool items for me. I spend 30 minutes tailoring one part of an 8 peice set because I'm insanely picky."

Kheit claims, "That would get rid of the item bloat, might not destroy the economy, and allows players to increase their stats, albeit slower."

Raymond is idle.

Kheit nods to Kinaed.

Takta claims, "A general ability to 'practice skills' just for a money trade would help many hard-to-train skills."

Raymond is no longer idle.
Raymond has returned from AFK.

Takta says, "Medicine comes to mind, for example, when you cannot count on a steady stream of patients."

Kinaed wonders, "By practice, you mean recipes that might use things but produce no output item?"

Temi says to Kinaed, "I don't actually remember that one in that form. Though it doesn't necessarily work terribly well with the current system."

Temi states, "Could probably work some."

Kinaed nods.

Kheit claims, "Yeah, it might consume basic materials, like a block of wood that you would need to gather/purchase, and doesn't produce an actual item"

Takta claims, "I don't think we could do it with cedits, but it could perhaps just require a morsel of new code for practicing skills that can't be used reliably."

Takta says, "(Well, we could do it with cedits but it'd suck.)"

Kheit says, "Something like "Practice Carving""

Kinaed states, "Okay, well - jotting these ideas down and we'll see what we can do. We have ten minutes left in the meeting, folks, and I have some things to tell everyone."

Kheit quiets down and saves his ideas for later.

Raymond puts an elaborately painted sculpture representing a rotund fish in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Eamon says to Kheit, "They're good ideas."

Eamon grins.

Ostium muses, "Oh, what about breaking down an item you already tailored, and tailoring it again?"

Ostium says, "Instead of retooling, retailoring."

Kinaed questions to Kheit, "Actually, happy to field ideas - if people don't mind potentially going over today? Do we have any events scheduled?"

Temi asks of Altana, "I think a boat's going to Charali?"

Takta claims to Ostium, "That's the salvage idea, essentially."

Altana states, "I have errands to run after OOC chat but I'll be herding cats together tonight for the boat trip"

Kinaed queries to Ostium, "A code nightmare for us, albeit I wonder if we can just do a craft reverse <craft> command to run any recipe in reverse?"

Kinaed ponders.

Temi claims, "Not til later then"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Ofelia questions to Altana, "Oh, that's today?"

Kheit claims, "These are also things I can totally throw up on the forum and discuss further, this is just a quicker, less formal medium."

Kinaed nods at Kheit.

Kinaed says, "Okay."

Ostium states, "I was thinking like 1 gown could equal 1 peice of cloth."

Takta claims to Kinaed, "I think there are some difficulties, possibly insurmountable, with that."

Altana finishes abruptly, "If anyone wants to like ... log off on my boat that'll make it easier - otherwise i can bat my eyelashes at staff to load people onto the ship or transfer them later"

Takta states, "Hence why it left me stuck on salvage forever."

Ostium claims, "But I'm finished now."

Altana nods at Ofelia.

Takta claims, "But I do have a model that SHOULD be workable with some edits if we choose to go that way."

Evrald wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Evrald states, "Sorry. Stuff pulled me away."

Kinaed states to Evrald, "No worries, it's an optional meeting. :)"

Temi says, "We were just discussing if we should go over on time for Kheit's ideas."

Kinaed states, "I'm happy to."

Kheit pontificates, "I figure we can just port out people that want to go in that case? I'll be around either way!"

Kinaed says, "But honestly, it sounds like the discussion about whether we ought to might take longer than Kheit raising them :)"

Kinaed nods at Kheit.

Kinaed questions to Kheit, "Please, what were your ideas?"

Kheit states, "So, on the topic of practice crafts, and salvage, it might kill two birds with one stone to tie them together, if that makes sense."

Kinaed nods at Kheit.

Kheit claims, "I don't know if Salvage is already set to produce something, but say you salvage a gown, you might get "scrap cloth""

Kinaed jots that down in her notes.

Kheit states, "Then, as a result, you can "craft practice sewing""

Kinaed nods at Kheit.

Takta states, "My plan is for salvage to return the basic 'scrap' items of each craft, the ones used for repair."

Temi claims, "It would make salvage easier if we didn't have to give useful items back."

Kheit says, "Or something like that. Same works with Herbalism. You might get like "herb base" or "Alchemical base" or something, and can then practice further, which then junks the item."

Evrald says, "I... like this idea."

Kinaed nods at Kheit.

Altana nods.

Evrald states, "But i'm a crafter, so my opinion is skewed"

Kinaed claims, "Captured."

Takta claims, "The basic scrap items, in sufficient numbers, can be re-combined back into the raw materials. Which I personally do prefer for the added usability."

Temi nods at Takta.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta says, "Rather than salvage ONLY producing scraps for training."
Mika states to Evrald, "You're a crafter so you actually have to use the system ;)"

Kheit states, "This way people are buying items, spending silver, and getting the bumps without worrying about going broke like present."

Ostium questions, "Hmm, so like you could craft a practice gown, which wouldn't be able to be sold?"

Temi says, "Yeah, it's preferrable, just also the hardest part to balance."

Kheit claims, "Yeah, a seperate craft to create a usable item sounds totally reasonable."

Evrald pontificates to Mika, "Exactly!"

Takta claims, "If we add a basic 'training pool without creating anything' option I really wanna see it go beyond crafting."

Kinaed states to Ostium, "Our craft system is a recipe system, which is a bit rigid and makes certain types of item return difficult."

Takta states, "In which case using silver rather than materials as the currency is more extensive."

Takta says, "*extensible"

Kheit states, "Oh yes please, it could totall go beyond crafting."

Takta nods.

Ostium says, "Really you'd just need to figure out the ratio I think"

Kheit says, "The first thing that comes to mind is NPC trainers, who might have a really low train skill, and cost silver."

Kheit questions, "If that's possible?"

Kinaed claims, "But I just thought of something - the reason it's hard for us to return specific items from a craft is because the item doesn't carry any crafting info to let us know which recipe produced it - we might be able to actually add that information to items to resolve the issue - though Takta's workaround seems decent."

Takta states to Kinaed, "And some items are produced by multiple recipes."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Ostium questions, "Why not just have something made of cloth return a partial segment of cloth?"

Ostium says, "Based on how much cloth it took to make it"

Ostium claims, "And then combine the partial segments into a full one"

Takta says to Ostium, "That's the current plan I have for salvage, yeah."

Ostium says, "Kk"

Kinaed states, "Anyway, Kheit - we'd have to hash this stuff out as staff, so I've written the ideas down for discussion and will follow through there. There's code limitations and balance issues we need to make sure we're across and content with beyond the simple function."

Kinaed says, "Which isn't to say these things won't fit the bill, just that craft system changes need to be duly considered."

Kheit nods to Kinaed, "Oh, yeah, totally. I just think they would be neat, honestly. Lots more to consider than I'm aware of, I'm sure.

Kinaed states, "Okay, it's one minute to eight, and I think we should move to wrap this up."

Elzenn states to Kheit, "If I'm understanding you correctly, though, we do have NPC trainers. But it's a good idea for a huge number of skills."

Kinaed states, "I'd like to do that with some final announcements that will take us a few minutes."

Kinaed states, "Firstly, everyone... I am very sorry to say that we were informed last night that one of our long term players, Patrick Titus, better known as Tuan, Seamus, and Cirian, died in a boating accident."

Kinaed claims, "His most recent active character was Eoghan."

Kinaed says, "I am so sorry to bring you this news."

Kinaed says, "Patrick was a wonderful RPer, a great father, and a friend to many of us."

Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "I know several of us will miss him deeply, including me."

Kinaed says, "I can't really say anything to soften that blow or make it better, so I guess I'll leave it there."

Caytham states, "I'm sorry. Oh my god."

Kinaed says, "Gosh, I don't really know how to follow that up."

Temi finishes abruptly, "Some of you that are newer may only know him by his OOC name - Towboat"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Raymond claims, ":("

Menivichi claims, "Oh. Wow. That is... definetly a blow."

Kinaed nods at Menivichi.

[OOC] Tomas: ";-;"

[OOC] Kinky comforts Tomas. "Me too." :(

[OOC] TaktaTakta: "Yeah. :( Freaky-sad news."

[OOC] mika nods

Kinaed states, "We're asking our sources if there is or if we can set up a donation link for his surviving son who, last I knew, was just coming out of being a toddler."

Kinaed claims, "If we get any further info, we will let you know."

Kinaed claims, "I guess that's all for today. Once again, so sorry to end on a sad note."

Kinaed says, "Thank you for coming to this week's OOC Chat, everyone. I hope to see you next week also."

• Information