Log of OOC Meeting 3/12/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Perrine exclaims, "I have one brief thing!"

Kinaed claims to Perrine, "Okay, I've put you in the list. Please write down your topic introduction so it's ready to go when I call on you."

Kinaed asks, "Anyone else? :)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll take the ringing silence as a 'no' or 'we're all AFK'. :)"

Temi grins.

Kinaed states, "I'll kick off Staff Updates then. Last week, I spent most of my time reading board posts and processing recommends - that is, I didn't do much. I've been on vacation for my 10th Anniversary, and flew to Tasmania, etc. Now I am home and should pick stuff up. Next week, my priorities are the same - automated jail spec is at the top."

Emma flings confetti. "Happy anniversary!"

Kinaed claims to Emma, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed says, "That's it for me. Azarial, you're up. :)"

Azarial says, "Some small bugs, typos, husbandry, and about a third into gmbits"

Galen declaims, "I'm so excited for husbandryyy!"

Kinaed claims, "You guys may have seen a shift in the GL Barometer calculations - they should be settled and correct now. If you are concerned about anything being incorrect, please touch base with a staff member."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kinaed declares to Galen, "Us too!"

Galen dances around with Silrie and gets excited about farms

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I don't see anything really interesting on the changes board ... lots of bug fixes though, so hopefully people will note minor improvements."

Silrie grins.

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up. :)"

Temi declares, "Okay!"

Temi says, "So... husbandry. Whew."

Silrie cheers for Temi.

Emma claims, "Husbandry is the best ever."

Temi states, "That's live! We made a big push to get everything out on Sunday and early in the week added some new recipes and stuff for herbalism for animal feed."

Kinaed states to Temi, "Yes, nice work, Temi."

Galen pontificates, "Now TI:Legacy can be the multiplayer Harvest Moon I always wished it could be!"

Temi claims, "And tried to keep up with requests for farm flags in suitable places so people can play with it."

Temi claims, "If it's taking new rooms, I'm having our builders do it though. So you're on their schedule."

Raymond states, "Hooray for recipes & husbandry :)"

Temi states, "And been doing a bit more with plots, especially the Charali colonization project."

Temi states, "And that about does it."

Ostium questions, "Er, I just heard that the deadline for the submitting of charali plans was real, real soon?"

Kinaed states, "With regards to craft recipes, a player asked me last night if you can make your own - you certainly can suggest them to us to install. Please place ideas up on the forums in the Ideas area under the related craft: http://ti-legacy.com/forums"

Temi says, "That's up to the court. I'm just helping run it from the staff side for them"

Kinaed states to Ostium, "It's a player run initiative, so Tomas will have to answer."

Takta muses, "I want to say the deadline is the 15th of March?"

Takta states, "There's an IC_event note that announces it."

Ostium declaims, "Ok thanks!"

Galen declaims, "I'm glad my recipes for tailoring made it in! Thank you so much!"

Silrie states, "Oo, new recipes."

Temi states, "And please keep in mind that while we appreciate suggestions for the craft recipes, it isn't reasonable for us to add every iteration of possible things. We'll mainly try to take up the ones that fill niches we don't already have, especially."

Galen states, "Sitting cushions and chokers~"

Emma claims, "THANK YOU for the cloak pin/brooch."

Tomas exclaims, "Yes the deadline is the 15th! so if you want to submit, get them in soon!"

Emma says, "So so much."

Kinaed wonders to Tomas, "That's about three days, right?"

Galen is still holding out for Handheld Decorated Cloth Practice Dagger

Ostium states, "I don't know where to find the information I need to come up with a worthy plan though, thats the problem! I can just ask someone after though."

Silrie claims, "Thanks for the new concoct recipes too."

Kinaed nods at Ostium.

Eamon states to Galen, "Whole new meaning for 'dagged sleeves'."

Galen asks, "Ooh, new concoct recipes?"

Silrie nods.

Silrie claims, "Animal feed and stuff."

Temi states, "Animal feeds, yeah."

Silrie queries, "Do grass seeds make hay?"

Galen declaims, "Oooo!"

Temi nods at Silrie.

Silrie grins at Temi.

Kinaed has transferred Estone. [OOC]

Silrie claims, "Awesome."

Temi says, "Yep, added grass to grow hay."

Temi gives a cow bell strung onto a broad, blue ribbon tied into a bow to Estone.

Ostium questions, "Towels? Did anyone make towels?"

Kinaed states to Takta, "I think you're up, Takta. :)"

Takta exclaims, "Okay!"

Kinaed states to Ostium, "It's on the staff board to discuss if we wanted towel objects, or if people could dry with any cloth material."

Takta pontificates, "So a busy week IRL prevented me from doing too much work, but I did get the chance to go through the Requests board and make some headway. Just the usual plug - if you've posted a Request, make sure to check and see if staff have asked you for some input/are waiting on your reply!"

Temi claims, "We have a staff topic discussing towel functions. It will require code, though, so no point in a separate object right now"

Takta says, "This next week is my spring break, so I'm going to try to dive head-first into my book revision project. (Making sure all existing books religiously gel with the Erra Pater, for those who haven't heard me say it before.) I've almost gotten the inventory of books complete, and only about ten or so books so far need sizable revision to match current theme. So I may have that done for next OOC meeting (maybe)"

Takta pontificates, "That's it for me!"

Raymond states, "I'm excited for that book revision."

Emma says, "Same."

Kinaed states, "Whew. There are your Staff Updates for the week, folks."

Kinaed wonders, "Next up - Player Heartbeat. How has RP been for the last week, folks?"

Perrine pontificates, "Lovely!"

Ostium declares, "I had a lot of fun!"

Kinaed smiles at Perrine.

Emma says, "Scandalous."

Galen trails off, "It's been nice! I've been trying to get out more with Galen..."

Galen gasps at Emma! Oh my!!!

Kinaed beams at Ostium.

Eamon says, "Good, what RP I've gotten! It's been a bit difficult to make any real connections so far, but that's probably mostly my own fault."

Kinaed claims to Emma, "Ooo."

Raymond says, "Fun for me! And I love NPC mobs stabbing people out of nowhere."

Emma nods sagely at Galen and Kinaed.

Silrie states, "A bit slow, but I've been focusing a lot on crafting."

Galen says, "Emma Emma you gotta tell me about the scandal"

Estone states, "Same."

Margaux claims, "A bit stressful."

Kinaed says to Galen, "She'll have to tell you in IC land :)"

Kinaed comforts Margaux.

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Estone grins at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Estone says to Eamon, "Starting out is always slow. :("

Leofrick says, "Not much happened to me except actively seeking those stabbing folks and not gettint any.."

Raymond claims, "Sneaky stabbing folks."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, building on that... how has the game been? Anything shitting anyone that they want the staff to look at or consider?"

Ostium exclaims, "I'll be your secretary, Margaux!"

Eamon says to Estone, "I've had better luck in the past then I'm having now, sadly, but I'm hopeful."

Galen trails off, "Nothing that immediately comes to mind..."

Margaux hands Ostium enough arsenic to sink a continent. "Here you go!"

Eamon says, "I know this has come up before but I think crafting ought to pool a bit more per use than it does, especially when you're crafting expensive things. "

Eamon says, "Not RP-related, but it has been on my mind while being locked in a basement crafting. *grin*"

Emma says, "Pooling -has- been agitatingly slow."

Ostium is so confused.

Kinaed asks of Eamon, "We've adjusted several crafts to speed up - is there a particular craft you're referring to?"

Silrie trails off, "I can agree with that. I've poured out probably over 3000 silver on woodworking stuff..."

Galen trails off, "Ohh, yeah, last time I tried to pool crafting I thought it was pretty dang slow, more than it used to be..."

Kinaed jots down to review woodworking. Any others?

Eamon says, "All of them seem to take a lot of uses to go up per rank, just thinking about the cost of the individual items needed to get anywhere at higher levels."

Emma says, "Tailoring."

Kinaed claims, "We haven't changed the pooling system for ages."

Eamon states, "But for me particularly brewing, since there isn't much demand for full casks."

Emma claims, "Brewing seemed pretty achingly slow as well."

Emma nods at Eamon.

Kinaed says, "Have you made a new character that's not as bright as your old one, perhaps? That will affect pooling."

Estone pontificates, "I've never crafted anything in my life before! *blows a raspberry from his combat high castle8"

Emma says, "Gasp."

Kinaed has jotted down to review tailoring, brewing, and woodworking.

Galen shakes his head. "Nope, only tried to pool on this here Galen, and he's smarter than ever!"
Galen appears to be of Exceptional intelligence.

Emma claims, "Sword seems... immensely slow."

Emma claims, "But that might just be me. I've never really tried raising it before."

Evrald claims, "Leatherworking takes around 15 to 20 items per rank right now."

Evrald says, "And i'm nowhere near finished with it."

Eamon claims, "Crafting only bugs me especially because of the sheer cost."

Estone claims to Emma, "All combat skills are that way."

Emma nods.

Kinaed checks Evrald's rank.

Emma claims, "One spar was... about 3% of one rank."

Emma states, "Wasn't sure if it was normal."

Silrie has cut down an entire forest and still needs more. XD

Galen trails off, "I wonder if a universal bonus to pooling might be in order..."

Takta states, "That seems low."

Kinaed states to Evrald, "At your rank, I'm not sure that's inappropriate. Also, you need to make higher level objects to continue to learn, iirc."

Evrald trails off, "I make higher levels objects though..."

Kinaed checks Emma's sword rank.

Leofrick states, "With swords.. I once raised staffs faster than swords using characters with different levels of int/wis combo.."

Silrie trails off, "I've made decorated exotic items and still not maxed my pool before..."

Eamon claims, "15-20 items makes sense on paper, but in reality, you can't typically sell most of those items."

Evrald states, "That's 15-20 successes of items at rank."

Kinaed says, "Okay, that is slow for Emma's level."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, I'll take it back with staff and discuss it. Thanks for raising the issue folks. Anything else staff need to look at?"

Margaux muses, "Was it Emma or an alt?"

Emma claims, "Both Emma and an alt."

Ostium claims, "I have about 14 cloth gowns sitting in my room, and that's just one item."

Kinaed claims, "Evrald is significantly higher rank though, and in the realm of where it'd be harder to learn, particularly if using low level items. That said, with so many saying that pooling is off, it clearly needs looked at."

Kinaed says, "So we will. :)"

Estone queries, "How's the new skill?"

Kinaed muses to Estone, "Which one?"

Estone muses, "Uhh. moo?"

Ostium muses, "Is there anything that could be worked out to do with items you hae too many of to sell?"

Evrald muses, "Can I still pool husbandry by going hunting and butchering everything? :D"

Temi says, "Husbandry is a rename of butcher, with some more work with live animals and not just dead ones."

Temi grins.

Silrie says, "Husbandry. Husbandry pools all right for me because I fish so much."

Kinaed says, "Animal husbandry? I haven't heard much other than some people aren't happy to have butchering come under it."

Takta states, "I have a potential salvage proposal (not approved, mind you) that I did some of the preliminary work to balance a couple weeks back."

Galen exclaims, "I would love salvage so much!!"

Kinaed has transferred Caytham. [OOC]

Evrald trails off to Silrie, "I must get a fishing rod so I can go fish..."

Takta states, "I can't promise it'll be approved, there are real economic issues there."

Tomas says, "Bryn has found a good way to raise husbandry. She's started feeding my taco's to tend me and her husbandry goes up"

Silrie trails off, "I kinda think buther makes sense with animals..."

Estone declares, "I would finally have a reason to strip clothing off of all the mobs I kill! :D"

Silrie claims, "Butcher."

Silrie cringes at the thought of having to learn butchering all over again.

Emma trails off, "Looking forward to playing with husbandry so so much..."

Silrie exclaims, "Nobles are now farmers!"

Emma states, "I will farm BEES."

Tomas declaims to Emma, "Me too!"

Emma states, "Then meet with Tomas and Bryn once a week to have bee battles."

Kinaed asks, "Anything else players want staff to look at/consider improving?"

Tomas high fives Emma

Galen trails off, "Nobles can't play with husbandry as much because all their marriages are arranged..."

Margaux states to Galen, "That never stopped them before."

Silrie snickers.

Emma questions, "Is talking about Seeking on the roster?"

Tomas pontificates to Galen, "I do. All noble marriages have to pass through me. so I get to play with it all the time!"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Ostium queries, "I got a little distracted, did we talk about having far too many of one specific peice of clothing?"

Kinaed claims, "If you guys want to discuss seeking, we'll discuss it, yep."

Ostium trails off, "I was writing up an idea for it I could post later..."

Temi states to Ostium, "Up to you how many things you make! But we'll be discussing pooling and such as staff later."

Emma says, "Whomever Dice is had a great way of handling it, I think, in the poll thread."

Galen declaims, "Second to Dice's proposal!"

Tomas says, "Yeah I think Dice's proposal was probably the one I liked most out of the other proposals"

Kinaed says, "I think we'll need a multi-pronged approach just because if you buy a role in chargen, it won't necessarily handle all of the guild joining people want to do - so some seeking system needs to remain."

Ostium asks, "Is there a link to it?"

Emma queries, "viewtopic.php?f=8&p=7940#p7940"

Estone says, "Thank you for the link :D"

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure I'm for seeking being a week-long process where the GL decides at the end, but that might not be bad either. I'm still perculating on that one."

Ostium states, "Thanks"

Emma claims, "It would take a lot of the guesswork out of it for seekers, I think, and still open up avenues for seeking RP if you want to have it."

Kinaed says, "I do note that many people are for players being able to purchase the lowest rank in a guild in chargen. This can be easily implemented by adding a new room to chargen and having staff set it via request board in the short term whilst we wait for me to finish the roles spec."

Eamon says, "Could be the GL -can- decide at any point but is supposed to make a decision within a time period."

Kinaed nods at Eamon.

Caytham has lost link.

Emma claims, "Have been totally for that idea - the purchasing entry-level positions - since Roles started getting chatted about. Would love to see that."

Kinaed claims, "I do like forcing a decision within one week of seeking starting. My concern is for GLs being inactive that week or something and not having enough to make a decision on."

Margaux claims, "I'd be down with that."

Tomas states, "Yeah Sometimes scheduling can be -helacious-

Evrald asks, "Isn't a GL being inactive for a week without prior notice usually a bad thing?"

Emma questions, "Hrmmm. I suppose you could reject it based upon not having enough information, or have a secondary tier for seeking?"

Eamon claims, "Two weeks for a decision with contact having to happen within those two weeks, maybe. And if roles expands who can guild... it won't be just on the GL."

Kinaed states to Evrald, "It's bad, but it's not criminal. We all have real lives."

Tomas claims to Evrald, "They get 3 weeks of that. but even beyond that, sometimes two people don't play at the same time, so arranging an RP time can take more than that"

Ostium muses, "Could have a vote, if it passes they get a trial period until the GL gets back?"

Evrald wonders, "Could it be GL and 2nd GL to make it easier?"

Galen trails off, "I like the idea of being able to guild people without having to arrange to meet them in person every time..."

Kinaed questions, "Another option we could have is that seeking expires in a week, and a GL needs to respond with: Yes, you're in, No, you're not in, or extension for one more week. Can't extend too much, or a hit to the GL barometer?"

Raymond says, "But there are 2nd GL to... yeah, that."

Silrie nods.

Kinaed nods at Evrald.

Eamon pontificates, "I like that, Kin!"

Galen claims, "Like, just having some notes to go off of from other guild members to base the decision on"

Kinaed claims, "Can be GL and 2nd GL"

Emma says, "Oooh. That's good."

Evrald says, "Since for Merchants we have 2nd GL now so if people tried to join, they have twice the chance. The two GL's are online at the same time at times but also I've seen one online when the other is usually asleep/busy."

Eamon claims, "When roles come in I figure it could be any role with guilding power."

Emma just remembered who Dice is and now feels like a FOOL.

Galen states, "That's good! Especially if sponsorship notes are an option but not a necessity."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll write something up based on the above later if everyone's cool with it."

Evrald states, "Heheh"

Emma declares, "Sounds good to me!"

Ostium wonders, "How about the most active senior guild member, not just automatically second GL?"

Kinaed comforts Emma.

Tomas claims, "I really want to see sponsorship notes/anti-sponsorship notes to help inform the GL about such things"

Galen exclaims, "Yeah!"

Silrie shakes her head.

Azarial states, "Leader flag would be easier to track in the short term"

Emma says to Tomas, "That would be great, I think."

Eamon says, "Yeah, sponsorship notes would be so helpful."

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Evrald claims, "What Aza said XD"

Silrie nods at Tomas.

Estone nods at Tomas.

Kinaed claims, "We'll add why people sponsor or anti-sponsor, that's easy and a major improvement imho."

Evrald exclaims, "Indeed!"

Galen pontificates, "I'm so glad we've finally started to settle on a solution to the seeking problem!"

Eamon says, "Amen."

Kinaed states, "Anything else on seeking? If not, we do have some people with topics. :)"

Evrald states, "There was one that I actually had to speak with my GL about after I had sponsored and went back for a re-interview just incase."

Evrald says, "So... Reasons for sponsoring and anti-sponsoring would be really helpful."

Galen remembers that.

Silrie states, "Sponsor notes for the win indeed."

Kinaed muses to Perrine, "Okay, please raise your topic, Perrine? :)"

Silrie claims, "Sil has rejected only one seeker, but would have loved to jot down why."

Perrine trails off, "Ok! I have a couple things, but here's the first one..."

Perrine says, "I understand not having it as an option available in chargen since it wouldn't be common in theme, but is there a possibility of having some gender-neutral pronouns made codedly available? Or perhaps to be able to use a pronoun that isn't coupled with your character's reproductive ability? I know it's a pretty niche thing, since so far I think I'm the only one playing a Tubori Gender Disaster, but I've had some confusion pop up around my character being referred to as 'he/his' by code despite looking quite androgynous and presenting very feminine."

Silrie shuts up. D

Takta claims, "It's come up before, bad support for androgyny."

Kinaed states, "We've had it before - just request board staff to change it."

Ostium queries, "Could you make an option that flips it back it forth randomly?"

Silrie questions, "Why would...?"

Ostium says, "But keep it secret"

Kinaed claims, "We'll do it for free. However, thematically speaking, most characters would want to avoid appearing too androygenous as it might be viewed as a deformity."

Perrine claims, "I understand! I was up to deal with the challenges of playing an androgynous character when I made them."

Kinaed nods at Perrine.

Kinaed says to Perrine, "Just request board and we'll set you how you prefer."

Emma lifts pitchfork, but only halfway. For now...

Kinaed questions to Perrine, "Did you have something else you wanted to discuss?"

Eamon says, "Could add two new code genders too, with they pronouns but the right reproductive abilities."

Eamon claims, "Or mismatched pronouns, etc."

Perrine questions, "All right! Will there be any consideration for gender neutral pronouns? They / spivak / xe / etc.?"

Azarial states, "Not adding the they pronouns back."

Temi states, "I think you'll get it, I'm afraid."

Kinaed claims, "I need to think about it. Will discuss it with staff."

Temi begins to descend.

Temi slows to a halt.

Perrine trails off, "All right! On to my other topic..."

Emma attaches to Temi's ankle.

Perrine says, "Just some things with languages! I deliberately play someone who's pretty awful with Lithmorran, for funsies."

Perrine says, "I purchased my Lithmorran down to 20 in chargen."
Kinaed nods at Perrine.

Ostium questions, "Instead of a gender nuetral one, since that upset people, why not a "too hard to tell" option?"

Perrine says, "But when I introduce myself by my full name, my long last name always gets butchered."

Ostium says, "Like you can hide your gender like you hide in your cloak"

Silrie states, "Dashes are not nice with lithmorran a lot of the time"

Kinaed claims to Ostium, "I'll jot that idea down."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Kinaed says, "That was a nod to Silrie, not Emma. :)"

Emma comforts Kinaed. "I need a different adjective in my intro."

Ostium says, "Yay, I was helpful"

Perrine declares, "There was a forum post suggestion for a language tag for language-independent speech and I thought that'd be helpful!"

Takta claims, "Maybe a dash should just be a space, though. That seems way easier."

Kinaed states, "I think we've had some problems with language before, particularly with long words that aren't registered - some words always work, like Lithmore or Inquisitor, but I don't know what we can do for your long last name other than change it to something shorter."

Emma says, "I have a sneaking feeling language independent tags might be abused. :("

Kinaed nods at Perrine.

Takta nods at Emma.

Perrine trails off, "Even with a dash being a space, eight-letter words give me trouble..."

Takta states, "Surnames are registered as coded strings, maybe you could auto-succeed on your own surname."

Tomas wonders, "Could the language code check against coded names and surnames?"

Kinaed says, "I think abuse doesn't worry me there, I just think it's a lot of programming for minimal gain when we have big ticket items in the queue - which means it'd be in the todo list, but I can't promise it soon."

Emma muses, "Making names immune might work?"

Ostium claims, "I just cheat on those and put it in two words"

Takta claims, "Also maybe we shouldn't allow dashes and apostrophes and whatnot in surnames."

Perrine wonders, "Also, one last suggestion with language - it'd be nice where when you try to speak an unfamiliar language and fail on a word, if you'd slip into your native language on accident instead of scrambling it?"

Silrie trails off, "I think dashes in surnames could be great at times..."

Perrine asks, "Or if maybe ellipses and disfluencies could be inserted in, to make it a more realistic depiction of someone struggling with a language?"

Ostium states, "I really like perrines idea, but with a luck chance"

Kinaed claims to Perrine, "I'll note that, but I think it should be a chance thing rather than something automatic always."

Takta states, "I'm not sure we could code ellipses and disfluencies, but it should be pretty easy to predict when you have a bad chance of screwing up and manually write that."

Evrald claims, "For the dashes I think it's usually saved for marriage isn't it? But for that we've had ab Bob von John or whatever."

Perrine declaims, "So instead of being like "That's so wfadwefd!" It could be like "That's so ...ah... wonderful!""

Ostium states, "Base it on wisdom or something, you have a 40% chance of realizing you're about to mess up"

Perrine pontificates, "Fair enough!"

Azarial states, "If you know you mangle it, you can do that with the existing codes"

Kinaed says to Perrine, "It used to be like that, but players hated it :)"

Takta nods at Azarial.

Perrine states, "Hehe, aw."

Takta claims, "And people are disfluent in different ways."

Kinaed states, "I think we used ??? instead of ... though."

Ostium exclaims, "Well I hate those players!"

Temi claims, "I think it may be better handled through people choosing how to RP it themselves."

Perrine declaims, "That's fair!"

Ostium states, "Just kidding. I'm sure they were swell."

Takta states, "I've done "What is the, the word... the word, uh... wonderful!" or SOmetimes "How you say, wonder full?" or "Won... der... ful.""

Kinaed states, "I've jotted the ideas down, so we can talk as staff about them after."

Perrine claims, "My character's name is hyphenated because their parents kept both names when marrying"

Estone nods with Takta.

Perrine says, "Which I seem to remember reading is a thing that can happen in Tubor"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, next person in the list - we have 15 minutes left... Silrie? You had a question?"

Ostium queries, "Can I hyphenate my name 8 times because my greatgrandparents kept both their names?"

Temi claims, "You are welcome to introduce yourself in whatever manner you feel appropriate. But there's limits to what could really handles, and what people will be pleased with."

Temi grins.

Caytham has reconnected.

Margaux is not going to say your nine names. :)

Kinaed questions to Silrie, "Are you in there? *nudge*"

Takta states, "(I'd see stacking the two like le Amari dul Bissette as more likely, probably.)"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I'm assuming Silrie is out for the moment, so... onward."

Evrald claims, "She might have had to disappear for a moment"

Ostium states, "Ssettemari."

Silrie claims, "No I'm here."

Silrie questions, "I was just wondering if you guys made a final decision on doubling up flags on rooms to allow us to have farm rooms and gardens? Would work well for pastures and stuff where you can plant hay and stuff, oats, wheat, farm things that might be more realistic to be planted outside. Well, I plant wheat and oats inside, but hay would normally be sheared from a field, based on what I've read. But I do understand you guys needed to talk about it. Would be great for freeman. In that vain and which just popped into my head, can we grow cotton at all? You know, flax stalks?"

Temi states, "It's okay as long as the desc works for both animals and gardens, from my understanding."

Caytham questions, "May I be transfered out please?"

Kinaed claims, "We decided not to increase garden sizes, but I hadn't heard about garden/farms."

Caytham has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "That makes sense."

Kinaed questions, "No idea about growing flax & cotton... Temi?"

Emma claims, "Oh that would be amazing."

Ostium grumbles, "Yeah, now that I can't use it anymore.."

Temi says, "I think we discussed it, and not anything against it except putting effort into making it happen."

Ostium exclaims, "Dibs on silkworms! and velvetworms!"

Galen declaims, "And silk worms! And a hen that lays velvet eggs!"

Temi claims, "SIlk and velet will not be happening."

Galen exclaims, "My joke!!"

Evrald trails off, "Velvet comes from other places... >_>"

Galen pontificates, "You took my joke!!!"

Emma says, "Silk and velvet should be too rare f-...yes."

Kinaed trails off, "And on a more serious note..."

Galen claims, "Okay, but hear me out."

Kinaed questions, "I don't have any more player topics registered, but I did have something I wanted to raise. I was talking to some new players the other day, and they seem to be enjoying TI - but one thing they did not enjoy, and raised as politely as possible, is that there seems to be a tendency for IC stuff to go OOC very quickly. Is this happening systemically, or was it just a fluke?"

Galen states, "Goldworms"

Ostium states, "Er, sorry"

Silrie declaims, "And yaaaay thank you staff for allowing us the double flag!"

Evrald says, "I asked about Suede and Deer farming but it's not time appropriate... sucks to be me."

Silrie hugs all the staff and sobs happily all over them.

Margaux states, "Removing velvet from the mobshop economy would singlehandedly ruin tax income. :)"

Eamon questions to Kinaed, "As in osays in scenes, o?"

Emma states to Kinaed, "Happens. Personally loathe it."

Ostium trails off, "I actually haven't run into a single OOC thing since I started..."

Azarial says, "I see a lot of chatter on the guild channels that would hvae been better as rp"

Kinaed says to Eamon, "They weren't very clear about how they experienced it, just that it seemed like people contacted them OOCly about a scene quite quickly."

Kinaed wonders to Emma, "May I ask what your experiences were like in a general way?"

Raymond says, "Tells and osays for me."

Eamon claims, "Hmmm. Well, I hate all the osay chatter, but the warnings seem to have helped."

Kinaed states, "To be clear, we're an RP game. If this is our behavior, we will have trouble attracting and retaining new RPers."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi claims, "To be fair - we do have rules about cyan privilege which require OOC contact if they're doing something trouble."

Estone states, "Have been guilty of osay chatter. *hangs head in shame*"

Kinaed claims, "I'm happy to tell people on guild channels and whatnot to please talk ICly instead of OOCly about things."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Perrine declares, "I try to avoid doing that, but I have used tells on occasion to assure that I'm OOCly cool if I'm getting ICly heated - I know that should be the assumption, but just in case...!"

Kinaed nods at Perrine.

Estone says, "I have run into a lot of clarifying things to people through tells -- when that could be resolved as easily through an IC action."

Emma points at Estone.

Emma claims, "What he said."

Ostium says, "I tend to use OOC channel for jokes that would be totally inappropriate for my character... helps me out."

Silrie states, "I've done that. Tried to reach out oocly to know if all is well if a scene gets stressful. Anxiety issues over here."

Kinaed asks of Estone, "That's sad - do you feel confident to say 'can we resolve this ICly', or does saying something like that make you feel like a jerk?"

Eamon claims, "Clarification is good sometimes to be sure you're not holding an OOC mistake against somebody ICly, but it seems better to ask for it than pre-emptively decide to clrify."

Galen says, "I think I've only ever seen a scene grind to a halt because of OOC factors once in recent memory"

Silrie says, "I don't preempt it myself."

Eamon claims, "Like sometimes somebody'll say something that comes off heretical or whatever, or against theme, you don't want to jump down their throat if maybe they're just new."

Emma says, "Court did that recently. We went nuts. It was amazing."

Kinaed states, "I think people pre-emptively clarifying RP can come across as trying to manage the RP OOCly."

Eamon nods.

Kinaed says, "Or pressuring someone to react in a certain way."

Emma trails off, "I think that's exactly it..."

Emma states, "And, it's probably not -meant- that way, 9/10 times."

Estone nods with Kinaed.

Eamon states, "I definitely don't like tells saying "My character meant <this> by <that action>.""

Kinaed claims, "Well, I want to let people know that new players have noticed this about us and that can impact how we're viewed. We're a serious RP game - we exist solely for RP as a game focus."

Ostium says, "My first MUD, first attempt at actual RP, so I don't follow most of what you're talking about, but I do appreciate it when people point out if something I say would have been better IC."

Kinaed says, "Hearing that really made me sad and worried about how players are playing the game."

Emma says, "Agreed. Or the old "hey if you become GL will you make me 2nd GL" chestnut."

Perrine pontificates, "Ah, I gotta get going!"

Estone nods with Emma.

Perrine pontificates, "Thanks for having me!!"

Margaux queries to Emma, "That actually happens? *sad panda*"

Raymond exclaims, "I think all OOC discussion that could be had ICly is healthy and even fun for roleplay. I mean, planning and plotting ICly is a lot of fun!"

Emma claims, "It did. x.x More than once."

Kinaed says to Raymond, "I agree."

Ostium sits down and rests.

Eamon says to Raymond, "Hopefully some of what you're getting is maybe new player kid gloves, people trying to be careful - we're really conscious of not killing new players over thematic mistakes, etc."

Ostium goes to sleep.

Estone nods with Eamon.

Ostium wakes and stands up.

Emma wonders, "I think it's a delicate balance between socializing with one's fellow players and pulling the IC into the OOC. One we can work on?"
Ostium sits down and rests.

Kinaed declares, "Anyway, with two minutes left until the top of the hour - please remember to vote for TI! This will raise our profile on various MUD lists to help us attract new players for you to play with! If you have the stomach for automatic reminders, please turn on 'autovote'!"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Takta says, "The best thing we may be able to do is tell people to stop when it happens to us. (Nicely, but.)"

Takta says, "I suspect it's usually more ignorance than malice, so to speak."

Raymond exclaims, "Definitely not malice, at least I think so!"

Kinaed claims, "I think we'll often be talking about IC and OOC separation, but I'd like to keep having the conversation and also ask people to come to staff when people are blatantly abusive of IC/OOC information."

Emma nods at Takta. "I've started doing that, finally. Developed half a spine. >.> It's solved pretty much every one of my problems with OOC stuff."
Kinaed nods at Takta.

Eamon pontificates, "Quick plug: Altana's event is tonight in an hour! Show up, I've been cooking for days!"

Takta grins at Emma.

Emma couuughs.

Kinaed states, "I do think the best solution is to point it out, right there, on the spot, politely but firmly yourself."
Takta states to Emma, "Good work! It's hard but valuable."

Evrald hugs Emma.

Emma pontificates to Takta, "Only took me a year and a half! *grin*"

Galen declaims, "Time for me to go to work!"

Evrald claims, "Congratulations. :p"

Kinaed smiles.

Galen declaims, "I'm glad I was able to make it!"

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, final request - if anyone would mind writing a review of TI and putting it on TMC or the other sites, we'd appreciate it. Thanks!"

Takta states, "And it's always okay to use block/ignore if you need to."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, it's the top of the hour. Thank you everyone for your time and thoughts this OOC Chat."

Margaux says, "Later Galeyboo."

Evrald pontificates, "Hmmm... You know I just got an idea for something! :D"

Galen waves!

Kinaed states, "Staff, I'd like to hold a staff meeting shortly if we're available."

Galen begins to descend.

Emma peers at Evrald.

Galen leaves down.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed declaims to Evrald, "Yes? Quick!"

Evrald declaims, "Cow bells!"

Ostium states, "I'll see if I can, if you give a list of some sites."

Evrald says, "As pet collars."

Kinaed exclaims to Ostium, "We do, yep. Thank you!"

Evrald states, "Sorry It's me being a dork. :D"

Temi states, "This one is designed so you can have your pet wear it."

Temi grins.