Log of OOC Meeting 2/6/2016

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Evrald

Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Misune muses, "So... when will piano's be a thing in TI? I feel like they must be around the corner at somepoint"

Elzenn says to Misune, "Harpsichord, possibly. Piano is a relatively new invention, I think."

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Margaux states to Elzenn, "1800s IIRC"

Elzenn nods at Margaux.

Misune states, "1700 actually,was the first documented piano by a guy who repaired harpsichords"

Kinaed mentally counts to 20 before calling it as a 'no topics to add'.

Addienna whistles innocently.

Kinaed claims, "Alright! Staff Updates, which I'll kick off... I handled some policy queries last week. Still working on the Jail Spec and Roles have cropped up again too."

Kinaed states, "Unfortunately, I actually would like to discuss one of the policy cases with the pbase."

Misune glances at Kinaed with intrigue

Kinaed says, "A player got into a tangle with a Court Demon whose schtick was love and beauty. The demon warned the player after some RP targeted at calling her ugly. The demon sucked some app from the player. The player, who had spent XP on their app, got upset."

Kinaed has transferred Silrie. [OOC]

Temi gives a piece of nut brittle molded into the shape of a tiny viol to Silrie.

Misune muses, "And? The demon warned them, and it is stated clearly in helpfiles that summoning demons can have negative side effects"

Kinaed trails off, "As IC actions = IC consequences, and the player had been warned during the RP that if they continued on the path, something bad would happen, so as policy I decided to leave it - but this raises an issue I think staff have to discuss with the pbase..."

Temi claims, "To be fair, this wasn't the summoning mage, just someone else who got in a tangle with it."

Silrie claims, "Are we speaking of the aged one? Forgive me, just got home and rushed in here."

Kinaed claims, "I get the sense that players don't 1) know when they're tangling with the baddest of the bad of demons - some demons are dirt easy to kill, for example."

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Mika nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "He was upset at losing his app so asked me to review and consider mitigating what had happened IC."

Misune shrugs to Kinaed "ok for those not actually summoning I could see the confusion... maybe had something into the short or desc about their level, lesser, greater, court

Silrie nods. I did hear that. Is he true cyan? Perhaps he wasn't truly aware of how it goes? Was he warned oocly in tells or just by the demon that something bad would or could happen? Sometimes, if the warning came icly, people wave it away as bluster?

Margaux asks, "Amend an OOC note to demon descs maybe?"

Tomas wonders, "Demons are and should be dangerous I think. to both the people summoning them and those around them. I tend to think of them as TI's bombs with court demons being the nuclear option. Did he have an opportunity to avoid that happening? or was he antagonizing or something that led to it?"

Takta claims, "Well, even a lesser demon SHOULD be dangerous."

Silrie queries, "Maybe add the L flag?"

Misune though to be fair, it's generally good idea all around not to taunt the demons."

Takta claims, "Demons are pretty much pure evil."

Silrie grins at Misune.

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, if I raised this poorly, my apologies - I'm more focusing on making sure that demons as a whole are well run and that what happens with them in real play isn't confused by Storytelling demons."

Mika nods.

Takta says, "The L flag is for mobs only, and demons are actually PCs, codewise."

Takta claims, "So we can't flag them lethal."

Silrie says, "Ooooooh"

Silrie declaims, "I see!"

Mika asks of Kinaed, "I was going to bring this up in my staff update, but I talked a little bit with another player who had been victimized by a Court demon, and i think she had a good idea - something like a newbie warning but for everyone who hasn't yet encountered a demon?"

Kinaed states to Tomas, "He was warned before it happened. But I'm not focused on the person's case or looking for a solution to THAT, I'm more mechanically noting that we may have a problem with how we're presenting demons on the whole."

Temi says, "Well, we could. But it would take new code."

Tomas muses, "Maybe the power of a demon could be linked to its size? so smaller demon = weaker?"

Kinaed says, "Storytellers run consensual stories - they're not going to rip you limb from limb. If you encounter a demon in the everyday world... that's not in the safe, consensual space most players encounter their first demons in."

Takta states, "An osay warning when demons encounter people should probably be standard practice."

Misune says, "I think perhaps adding a helpfile for non- mages with a little blurb about demons would solve the issue, if there isn't one already, and to reiterate just how dangerous they can be in the helpfile"

Mika nods.

Takta says, "Help demon does exist; we could add on there, too."

Rimilde states, "Yeah I think a help file would be good too. Help demon doesn't get into much. "

Elzenn claims, "Help demon is pretty solidly 'demon lore', so it might be good to have a bit more info on there."

Kinaed nods.

Takta asks, "So we can expand help demon and demons cn be sure to osay warn players to read the file?"

Kinaed wonders, "Happy to take an action to update help demon. Is there more we ought to be doing?"

Mika states, "I like that idea. demons should be all kinds of bad news but i don't want to blindside a player and ruin the game for them either"

Misune shakes head "I think that covers the bases... if someone still complains afterwards... well they were warned and whatever happens is on their head.

Kinaed claims, "Honestly, I just worry that a help file update is too passive. Maybe we should general board also."

Elzenn nods at Kinaed.

Takta states, "Yeah, that would also be good, I think."

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Margaux questions, "Free-range demon encounters seem to be becoming very common lately. Perhaps review the rules and dangers around summon and release?"

Kinaed claims, "Okay, thank you guys. That's all from me."

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Kinaed asks, "Yeah - is everyone demoned out?"

Tomas says, "Yeah"

Rolynd states, "Havent encountered so cant say one way otr the other"

Elzenn scuffs her toe on the ground, "Aww..."

Temi claims, "It tends to go in spurts when there's an interested demon summoner"

Misune shrugs "It wouldn't be a bad idea, also linking to the helpfile in the board note... And truth be told, I can't say I'm demoned out because I've been unfortunate enough not to be around during any of the summonings."

Kinaed claims, "We stopped approving Stories about demons in large part because 1) we were afraid story tellers didn't know enough about the actual mythos of demons and worried they were putting out misinformation and 2) because we got the sense the pbase was just like 'not another friggin' demon, please'."

Kinaed nods at Rolynd.

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Misune should really do a sequel to his spider story

Margaux says, "I'm not personally demoned out because I've had no interaction, just an observation that they seem to be common now."

Rimilde pauses, "I think that the demon stuff is a good reminder to folks, especially new folks that there is a darker element to the game. I think it sometimes gets lost..."

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Evrald says, "Side note, I'm in the same boat as Misune. I haven't gotten to see one aside from in backlog really."

Kinaed nods at Evrald.

Takta claims, "Yeah, a reminder of the evil mages can do is a nice contribution to theme, I think."

Temi claims, "As staff-run entities, when they get loose, we probably could try to spread the love around some.. just depends on our timing and when it happens."

Misune wraps an arm around Evrald and smirks "We just aren't in the right place at the right time."

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, well... maybe I'll ask something on the forums about it, but at this time - I think I need to hand over to Az, or we won't get through today's staff updates, let alone player topics (we got one!)"

Kinaed states to Azarial, "You're up."

Rolynd says, "Personally i wouldnt mind encountering one but that is mostly because my char is at the waiting phase as far as getting in a guild goes"

Addienna hides from Demons. Is a pansy. ;)

Azarial states, "Just a few smaller bugs; it;s been a busy week."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed takes a quick look at changes to see if there's anything worth mentioning.

Takta says to Kinaed, "Changes is a bit big right now, but my plan for tonight is to test."

Silrie claims, "Sorry, catching up. On the demon note, no, not demoned out. Sil's seen a lot recently, and it's actually helping me discover more about her character, flaws too, not just good things. And it promotes rp and growth. not all growth is rainbows. sometimes, growing up means losing some innocence and naivety. end rant"

Elzenn states to Kinaed, "I did do that."

Kinaed states, "Yes, mostly just bug stuff."

Kinaed states to Silrie, "Nice to hear :)"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Evrald trails off, "It's hard to be a big brother if the person growing up never needs the big brother... just sayin"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I think that covers the worthwhile bugs - most of it was small tweaks to fix obvious flaws. Temi, you're up."

Silrie hugs Evrald.

Azarial has a horrible time with inverted logic. -_-;

Temi pontificates, "Okay!"

Kinaed comforts Rimilde.

Kinaed comforts Azarial.

Kinaed claims to Rimilde, "Oops."

Rimilde states, "I don't mind the comfort:) "

Kinaed trails off, "Well, in that case..."

Temi exclaims, "Unfortunately, no more progress with livestock, since that's waiting on some code updates, but should be relatively quick once everything's in. More important to keep the game from falling apart, though!"

Kinaed sidles up to Rimilde.

Kinaed grins at Temi.

Temi states, "So I've been mainly doing RPAs and helping mind the queen in Vavard and dealing with plots surounding that."

Temi claims, "So that's about all for me."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Thanks :)"

Rimilde states, "I have to say, love the animal stuff. It's a great new dynamic. "

Kinaed says to Takta, "You're up."

Takta states, "Okay! For the last month, I have been writing my dissertation proposal, and I defended it officially yesterday - which means 1) nothing at all hardly has gotten done in the last month but 2) now I have time again."

Takta claims, "I DID fix doorguard mobs - they should all be working properly now."

Takta exclaims, "Look for more from me in the next week now I have some room to breathe again!"

Takta claims, "(That's it)"

Kinaed states to Takta, "Thank you, and I hope your defense went well."

Takta states, "It did :D"

Kinaed claims to Takta, "Awesome :)"

Evrald declaims to Takta, "Congratulations on finishing! :)"

Elzenn wiggles a pair of floppy pompoms garishly colored for encouragement at Takta.

Kinaed pontificates to Mika, "You're up!"

Silrie cheers for Takta.

Takta exclaims, "(One more year til it's ALL done, but hey!)"

Mika claims, "Okay! I have clearly been busy, at church, doing devout things, but just as a matter of personal interest - I've been talking with players this week about, incidentally, how to make demons less boring/frustrating to deal with."

Misune looks around a bit confused "They're boring/frustrating to deal with? That's news to me."

Mika says, "If you have any strong feelings on recent eldritch encounters, or just ideas for how to keep interest (I really get the feeling 'demon shows up, scares people, theres a fight' will grow old quickly since they're being summoned so much), you can pboard me"

Silrie bops Misune with a grin.

Mika grins.

Mika states, "That's all that's significant for me"

Silrie trails off, "Ooooohhhhh... I just had an idea....."

Kinaed questions to Silrie, "Yes? :)"

Misune looks to Silrie "No I was being serious... but then again as mentioned earlier, haven't been around." remembers a time when you couldn't summon demons as easily as you can now... appreciates demons, especially since he was the first to summon a greater demon and court demon

Rolynd says, "Which board should we put it on if we have an idea"

Silrie states, "Oh, just a demon idea thing. I can pboard it instead of wasting time here."

Temi states, "Pboard is personal board."

Temi states, "Feel free to put it to staff there."

Temi grins.

Azarial claims, "The forums are a good palce for ideas"

Kinaed nods.

Misune agrees with Azarial

Kinaed muses to Mika, "Okay if we move to Elzenn?"

Silrie states, "Can we change forum usernames? I've meant to ask."

Mika claims, "I'm glad to hear people aren't getting as bored or frustrated as i was worried about - but still, i don't want it to suck for anyone, which is why i'm really interested in knowing how to make it exciting instead of ruining the game for anyone."

Mika nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "I'm not sure. Request it and we'll see."

Kinaed states to Mika, "Most of the complaints I've heard aren't from people involved with the demon RP, but the people who aren't involved and hear about it, so I'm thinking it might be okay RP."

Mika nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed claims, "However, folks - if demon RP is really cramping your style, or you don't like what is happening, please DO drop me a line."

Mika declaims, "I hope so!"

Kinaed states to Elzenn, "Ahem, sorry. Please, give us your update. :)"

Temi says, "That said, if your style is to taunt and upset the demons, please expect consequences."

Temi coughs.

Elzenn gives two thumbs up, "All good."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Mika grins at Temi.

Silrie pontificates, "Demons are sensative! XD"

Elzenn says, "Love your demons, give them presents, set them free."

Elzenn claims, "(They really are.)"

Elzenn says, "Alright! So I have mostly been getting up to some plot advance shenaniganery, for the most part, as our lovely zealots have now made themselves known and are getting ready to destroy everything you love. We'll have plot stuff for you on grid very shortly, if anyone is concerned about the action being too far away - and while I am going to hit a bit of an activity black hole this coming weekend - things should be getting pretty real for everyone soon. So... hooray? As always please let me know if you have questions/concerns/issues. Plot-related STs are going to start happening soon, so please keep an eye out on the general board for volunteer calls."

Mika claims, "Its weird how demons get really lethargic and dont answer summoning calls close to events"

Kinaed snickers.

Silrie declaims, "Oooooh yay plot stuffs!"

Elzenn grins at Mika.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, is that all for you, Elzenn?"

Silrie says, "It's kinda been pretty far away from this pc so it'll be interesting to see what happens from a commoner standpoint."

Misune smirks to Elzenn "It's amazing how nicely my plot with rhea fed into your plot Elzenn. Completely unexpected."

Elzenn claims to Kinaed, "Ayup! All for me."

Silrie grins at Misune.

Kinaed claims, "I think that's all for Staff Updates."

Kinaed has transferred Arland. [OOC]

Temi gives a piece of nut brittle molded into the shape of a tiny viol to Arland.

Arland trails off, "Hooooo.... that was fun....."

Arland laughs.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, that's it for Staff Updates - now for Player Heartbeat. How has the game been in the last week, folks? RP good? Anything shitting you that you want staff to consider or have a look at?"

Silrie pontificates, "Sil finally got her shop open and I've had some rather... interesting rp on my newest, so it's been fun! :D"

Misune wouldn't have known, been pretty non-existant this last week due to various piling reasons

Evrald states, "RP was good for me I think, just a bit sparse because I was doing stuff IRL a bit."

Alessandra declaims, "While Alessandra isn't in the game yet, things have been solid with Yrata. Reached a great final note and everything!"

Rimilde says, "It's been active to say the least, with anything and everything going on at once. At least on my side, and feel like a lot of group dynamics in there was well. Seeing more people out and about as well. "

Addienna wandered into Silrie's shop and was all 'What? This isn't courtland!' hehe

Addienna hugs Alessandra.

Arland exclaims, "Well I've generally been having issues getting directives from knights and the like, a little more direction would be appreciated, it's difficult to tell what I should be doing beyond going around cleaning things, lol, other than that, the rp is good, hectic but good, this place takes a long while to get use to, I will say that, and in advance, if I'm ever a jerk, I apologize!"

Rolynd states, "Not too bad just waiting to hear from a guild leader at this point for me"

Alessandra hugs Addi back. "And everyone go to Silrie's shop. It looks great!"

Arland states, "I need to bug the earl marshall"

Kinaed smiles at Arland.

Arland puts a piece of nut brittle molded into the shape of a tiny viol in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Kinaed says to Arland, "You don't sound like a jerk. If there are any knights or knight-alts present, please consider throwing some RP Arland's way. :)"

Addienna strikes up a conversation with a giant stuffed teddybear.

Misune trails off, "To be fair, a page typically -shouldn't- see as much action as a squire or knight, since it's meant as the phase where they get used to things... it's the more boring of the phases"

Evrald declares to Arland, "The learning curve is a bit steep. I've been here a little over a month and I'm still learning all kinds of stuff. Just keep with it! :)"

Kinaed asks of Silrie, "What is the name of your shop and where is it located?"

Arland says to Misune, "Got it"

Takta claims, "And with us being an RP game, the journey is the focus, not the destination - there's a lot of RP to pick up along the way. :)"

Silrie claims to Kinaed, "Amity Atelier, located east of the butcher's shop on coiler avenue"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Arland states, "Lucky me I raided the library earlier and read a lot of stuff."

Takta states, "It's a good chance to flesh out other aspects of your character while a lot of your page work is kinda offscreen."

Elzenn claims to Arland, "Definitely don't feel like that should limit you in any way, there's a lot of stuff to get wrapped up into on the way."

Kinaed states, "I highly recommend people pop in to the Amity Atelier to check out a new location on grid."

Arland trails off to Elzenn, "Yea like sshadowsssss... and ghostssss. and witchessss..."

Arland laughs

Arland declares to Kinaed, "Will do!"

Elzenn says, "Just remember to tip your demons."

Temi asks, "Do guilds need a 'basic duties and RP hooks' sort of gnote for new members to give them direction when people aren't available for new members immediately?"

Kinaed asks, "Anything else to add about the Player Heartbeat? Anything you guys would like to see staff focusing on?"

Evrald says, "Side note! If you need leather stuff! Please feel free to stop by Captain Crocodile's Emporium! It was recently re-opened and has a new owner(me)."

Addienna states, "I wondered who was in there."

Kinaed asks of Evrald, "Where is it located?"

Silrie cheers for Evrald

Arland claims to Kinaed, "I'd say more orderites and more knights would be a blessing"

Addienna states to Arland, "They always are."

Kinaed claims to Arland, "We tend to agree, but we struggle to fill those roles."

Arland declaims, "No one wants to die!"

Evrald claims, "Right cross from the Final Touches shop on West Church Street"

Mika grins.

Alessandra trails off, "An Orderite huh..."

Arland declares, "Pansies!"

Arland grins.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, if there's nothing else to add in Player Heartbeat - time for our player topics. Silrie, you had something for us?"

Evrald states, "I do too when she's done. :)"

Kinaed has transferred Nycea. [OOC]

Kinaed says to Evrald, "Thanks, noting that."

Mika waves to Nycea.

Temi gives a piece of nut brittle molded into the shape of a tiny viol to Nycea.

Kinaed claims to Evrald, "Please pre-type your topic introduction so it's ready to go when it's your turn."

Silrie is so freakin' thrilled about livestock, just as an aside to Temi mentioning it earlier. I'm in love already. Okay, here's my topic. This came to me after rearranging my shop rooms every time I want to add items, or trying to rearrange other rooms with items in it. Can we have a "sort" command, that allows us to rearrange objects in rooms without having to pick them up and drop them all the time? Haha, god forbid you grab the wrong thing in a room with 10 objects, you need to rearrange the entire thing. Or if you want to add, say, one thing to a full shop, you need to rearrange and re-price the entiiiire back room. To make it more realistic, maybe it can be threaded and take energy to do, but would you consider the option? I understand that running a shop and arranging stock has that hard work feel to it, but... it just gets a bit crazy sometimes and I was hoping it could be solved this way. So like, sort here and either you just list what you want or are given a list to choose from or something... I don't know how you could most easily implement it. But then have the thread begin so that no, it's not instantaneous. Have it take energy so it costs more than just a string of typing. And maybe you can only rearrange a room once every half hour or so or something to keep it from being a rearrange fest? But can we pleeeease have it as an option?

Nycea smiles at Temi.

Nycea smiles at Temi.

Takta asks, "How would it work?"

Kinaed wonders to Silrie, "I think we'd be happy to help with something like that - there's "mail sort" already... but what criteria would we sort?"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed states, "That's right - I can't quickly envision how it would work."

Mika states, "What if you could like "sort dresser 2" and it would move it to the second row"

Tomas questions, "Sort items by vnum and matching string?"

Takta states, "I guess you could 'sort similar' to sort items together that are the same base item, yeah."

Silrie trails off, "Okay, let me give an example I was thinking of or... tha'ts a good idea too haha"

Takta states, "Sort type to sort them by types, like food, drink, etc."

Margaux says, "If you could drop something with a 'weight' attached, it would sort it into that order. Higher weighted objects automatically drift to the bottom/their place."

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "That'd help. :)"

Mika says, "I'm really compulsive about rearranging my phome so that the strings look pleasing to mine eyes and i'd love this. same goes for pshops and when you have displays arranging things into categories"

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Kinaed says, "It sounds cool, I just need to know how it'd work."

Kinaed wonders, "From what I gather, it's about where it shows up in the list on the floor? And subsequently where it shows up on the list when people are looking to purchase?"

Kinaed asks, "I think sorting might be a bad word for it, it's more like 'insert <item> <before/after> <target obj>'?"

Silrie says, "I was kind of thinking, for example, "sort here sofa, 2.sofa, dresser, bed, rug, table." That's using keywords, but the first thing you type is the first, second, third thing you see. Then you can just have a threaded string, like, "Silrie steps back and observes her surroundings. After a moment, she moves toward *first in string), rearranging it to her liking. Silrie does the same with the other objects in the room..." Something like that. Something that shows it's not just a snap snap fix! thing, but takes effort and time."

Addienna states, "Can I get a trans out? Please and thank you."

Addienna has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "Okay, so you're thinking to actually list all items in the order you want them."

Elzenn queries, "I am going to admit I don't see why it should require threading/energy, it's an OOC-ish way to make things easier with regard to object sorting, room look, essentially, yes?"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll have a chat with Az - I don't see any issue with it. We may want a few options for how different people think. Thank you for raising the suggestion."

Silrie claims, "Yes, and here is why. Especially in shops. In shops, you have to actually go backwards from how you want them listed and it's just confusing."

Silrie states, "And"

Kinaed says to Elzenn, "I'd consider it, but I think it'll probably be an IC action and threaded, at least if others are in the room whilst you're doing it."

Elzenn states, "Fair enough."

Silrie says, "If you just want to put one thing between something else.... well maybe insert would work best then, but I'm a stickler for just doing things in order. less confusing for my brain"

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Kinaed states, "Okay, does that close your topic, Silrie? We have another one after."

Silrie nods at Kinaed.

Silrie grins.

Kinaed claims to Evrald, "Please introduce us to your topic."

Evrald takes a breath and begins!

Evrald states, "Alright so I spoke with Temi earlier on OOC about this and thought it might be a cool addition. Secret exits to rooms are all IC and unless you're clever you might never go through some because you'll never know they are there. Perhaps with City Lore you can 'look around' and with a high enough city lore you can take note of secret exits and add them to your list of things you can go through."

Temi claims, "I mentioned we do have some secret exits hinted at in city lore notes as is, but no ability currently to have them add to your secret list."

Arland wonders, "City lore or maybe some sort of observational, intelligence based check?"

Rimilde wonders, "How does this balance with search which finds the exits? Would you still need to search or would it go through city lore now?"

Evrald says, "Yes! Which while I know an exit exists to the South through City Lore, if it isn't in my list, I can't exactly just walk through it."

Silrie wonders, "I think the problem is that people just don't know where they should be searching. Maybe not identifying the secret itself, but a hint that there could be something there?"

Kinaed claims, "I think it'd be cool if very high levels of lore were reasonably clear about some secrets - probably not where the Brotherhood guildhall is, but I can see it."

Mika nods.

Kinaed states, "I'd probably leave characters to search - knowing something is there and knowing how to find it aren't the same thing though."

Mika queries to Kinaed, "What brotherhood? everyone knows there are only 3 unrelated street gangs in lithmore"

Margaux claims, "Perhaps search roles should take city lore into account if they don't already."

Temi states to Arland, "There's currently searching for secret exits, which is observational. We're talking about the possibility for knowledge-based additions."

Silrie grins at Mika.

Kinaed twiddles her thumbs and grins angelically at Mika.

Mika states, "The brotherhood is a lie perpetuated by the reeves to oppress us"

Elzenn snickers.

Silrie claims, "The brotherhood of common goods. Just another name for uninteresting merchants."

Mika states, "(i really like the idea of tying lore and exits closer together)"

Silrie says, "XD"

Temi trails off, "But knowing about that special back room of the club..."

Temi grins.

Rimilde trails off, ""I like the idea of hints though, or like building hints where you kind have to go to multiple places to put it together but that might be complicated.... "

Kinaed says to Rimilde, "I have faith in Takta's abilities to build interesting-anything."

Takta claims, "Ahaha welp I was just about to say "I'm not sure we can do that""

Kinaed says to Rimilde, "We just need to make a couple of suggestions and she'll be fine."

Kinaed rofls.

Kinaed rofls.

Arland muses to Rimilde, "Then again you don't wanna make the hints stand out, eh?"

Temi giggles.

Takta says, "At least, not with actual revealing hidden exits, per se."

Mika grins.

Takta trails off, "Buuuuut with some other things like secret portals that work if you know the keyword... hmmm..."

Silrie claims, "Oooooh"

Takta says, "Yeah, that might be a fun little trick."

Kinaed claims to Takta, "I think we're just talking about, for some reasonable secrets, city lore in a few places suggesting where secrets are, and maybe the pieces of the puzzle being dispersed - as opposed to like a coded quest."

Takta says to Kinaed, "I have actually been wanting to build a sort of 'dungeon crawl' for a while now."

Silrie is babbling and babbling and babbling and hey wait, how did I fall through this hole in the floor? What did I say!

Temi states, "The way city lore works currently, there's snippets put on specific rooms. If you look for the lore in that room, you get the snippet if you have enough city lore skill for it."

Takta states, "Like a cool hidden temple dealio that people can adventure through."

Kinaed says, "I think it's fine if lore says 'There's a chamber under the Church Square fountain' and players just have to rely on their ability to search for it."

Temi states, "Little stories, secrets, cool things like that."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta claims, "Maybe I should have brought this up somewhere other than the OOC chat... anyway, yeah, something like that."

Takta grins.

Arland hops around and sits

Kinaed claims to Takta, "We still need to get the pebble trail to the Cult of Transcendent Ecstacy's temple set up."

Nycea loves the idea of extra places to explore. D

Kinaed says to Takta, "I wonder if anyone has ever even found it ICly."

Kinaed states, "Yes, we have about seven minutes."

Alessandra states, "Someone has, I believe, but he/she isn't here"

Kinaed smiles at Nycea.

Temi claims, "Oh, we've got a bunch of those. Hopefully you'll enjoy them."

Silrie sidles up to Takta and looks up at her adoringly. "You are my hero. I love the way you think."

Silrie says, "XD"

Temi grins at Nycea.

Kinaed nods at Alessandra.

Mika picks up her reminders to finish the druids' temple and staples them to her board too. (cough)

Silrie grins at Mika.

Misune has lost link.

Takta says to Silrie, "I think a player suggested a Temple of Dooom, actually."

Takta grins.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, lovelies - anything further to add before we wrap up? Any shameless plugs? (New Shops! Please vote to bring us more players)... anything else?"

Temi declares, "Recomend peoples!"

Tomas trails off, "Yeeesss... Iw ant the temple of doom"

Mika exclaims, "You get an rpxp bonus for playing with cyans, don't forget!"

Silrie pontificates, "My temple of doom!"

Mika says, "It's significant"

Alessandra declaims to Nycea, "I'm going to find you!"

Nycea says OOCly, "And tolerate my code screw ups because that wasn't supposed to be said oocly."

Silrie grins at Nycea.

Elzenn exclaims, "You do! Reccomend your friends! Recommend your enemies!"

Kinaed declares, "Yes, recommend people - particularly people who make your character's life hard, even if you're grumpy about it. That conflict drives the game and gives you something to do besides sitting around having tea parties and complaining about the weather!"

Tomas declares, "Also, if you are interested in the ennoblement quest, prepare your colonization plans!"

Temi claims, "And yes! Please go out of your way to draw cyans into your roleplay if you can find any reasons at all."

Evrald states, "Shameless plug... The map is more than half complete. Please look forward to it likely next week. :)"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Kinaed declares to Evrald, "I can't wait!"

Kinaed smiles.

Silrie grumbles.

Silrie grins.

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Evrald exclaims, "Also don't forget to shop Captain Crocodile's Emporium! We promise the Croc is just a skin now! It won't bite!(Much)"

Temi says to Kinaed, "If you just can't wait to give them a piece of your mind about something they've done, it was probably awesome."

Temi grins.

Kinaed grins.

Mika grins.

Mika claims, "That weather is pretty bad, though, right now, to be fair, kin"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "I was thinking about the maps that Evrald is making - they look good, and can be created into an object to put on new players who load so they can find their way around."

Silrie claims, "Unless they're blind"

Kinaed smiles.

Silrie claims, "And using screenreaders."

Silrie says, "We need an option for us"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed states, "Oh yes, if you use a screen reader and find anything broken for you, please report it."

Temi states, "That would be cool."

Mika nods at Silrie.

Evrald trails off, "I... Will work on making it workable for screenreaders"

Evrald says, "That will be my project as soon as the map itself is finished."

Nycea says, "From a new player perspective, I'm thrilled to pieces to see a place with accessibility options. Good show."

Silrie claims, "Tables are good... hmmm now that's an idea. talk to me about it when it's time. html tables could work if it's done right, perhaps."

Mika states to Evrald, "You can pboard or send me a tell if you need help getting started with that"

Kinaed queries to Evrald, "Maybe touch base with Silrie on how you can do that? We can perhaps put in an alternative look message on the object that demonstrates waypoints for 'travel'?"

Mika coughs

Temi states, "It's been something we've had a really big push on lately. We want it to be a good experience and we've needed to imporve a lot of things."

Silrie states, "And mika since I'm no staff and have no idea what the place looks like visually buahaha"

Temi nods at Nycea.

Mika says, "Or even better you could talk with someone who uses a screenreader :X"

Silrie declaims, "Talk to both! XD"

Kinaed nods.

Mika claims, "Yes"

Temi asks, "Did we finish that helpfile for options for screenreader folks?"

Evrald states, "Actually... Every map has a key that has a list of shops and important locations noted on it."

Evrald states, ":)"

Rolynd raises his hand at the mention of someone that uses a screenreader

Mika nods at Rolynd.

Takta says, "No, I've got that screenreader file on my board list."

Temi nods at Takta.

Kinaed states to Evrald, "Any ascii drawing will be a headache for a screenreader, I think, even if the legend is good. Let's touch base on that one."

Evrald states, "So if someone reads the key, even with a screenreader it should output a list of areas you can go to."

Temi says, "Well, we'll have that soon then."

Takta claims, "So I'd be happy to hear ideas/thoughts from screenreader players about what should be noted in a helpfile."

Rolynd says, "Amen to that about asky"

Evrald declaims, "I'll work with Silrie! All the more reason!"

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, that's it folks - thank you so much for coming and participating. This OOC Chat will be posted on the forums for reference and anyone who is interested that couldn't attend. Have a lovely day, folks. I'll retrans in three... two... one..."
Resident Savage Player / Expert - Currently Not a Savage though

• Information