Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Timotheo blows into a colorfully banded noisemaker's wooden mouthpiece, to
produce a loud and enchantingly off-key 'PHWEE! '.

Timotheo nods once

Kinaed questions to Timotheo, "You have something to add?"

Timotheo says, "Oh, no no. disregard me"

Kinaed claims to Timotheo, "Ahh, okay."

Silrie raises her hand.

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "I got you and will call on your during the Player Topics. Please type up your topic introduction to have it ready when your turn comes."

Silrie nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "Kicking off the Staff Updates. I think I approved some help files last week, but otherwise it was quiet. Holiday stuff. That's it for me."

Kinaed trails off, "Azarial fixed some things with the Regency updates..."

Kinaed queries, "And a few bugs, but nothing big new since track that I see on the changes board (am I right about that, Staff?)"

Temi trails off, "I don't think anything else big..."

Temi ponders.

Takta has returned from AFK.

Takta says, "The plant thing, maybe."

Takta states, "But that's in Complted."

Kinaed wonders to Takta, "What is "the plant thing"?"

Temi states, "There was a bug where plants had stopped needing tending like they originally had - that's been fixed."

Kinaed states, "Ahh, okay - herbalists... you may want to check your plants then, I think."

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's all for me and the best I can do for Az... Temi, you're up. :)"

Temi states, "Well, bit crazy for the holidays... so back to working on Vavardi helpfile proposal for sprucing. Got a first draft of fashion done today, so that was a big one."

Misune chuckles

Temi pontificates, "So, I'll continue working on that!"

Lueta states, "Oh, I wanted to ask about a thing! Later, though, when it's my turn."

Lueta stops using a colorfully banded noisemaker set with a wooden mouthpiece.

Lueta gives a colorfully banded noisemaker set with a wooden mouthpiece to Silrie.

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says to Lueta, "If it's related to game changes, etc, it fits in this section and you can ask, otherwise, type it up and I'll call on you in player topics."

Kinaed claims to Takta, "You're up :)"

Takta says, "Oh, man... I have... not been up to much. I did start writing a list of helpfiles that need updating, but that is going to come after the book project."

Takta claims, "So I guess that's it. *grin*"

Kinaed says to Elzenn, "I think that means it's your turn :)"

Elzenn claims, "I'm going to be quick as I spent most of this week being not here and don't have much to update on. Today was logging in to finish plot-launch-y things and my next few weeks will be dedicated to running that and preparing for each step as they come."

Kinaed nods at Elzenn.

Kinaed states, "I can't wait to see your plot come to fruition."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, if that wraps up player topics... it's time for Player Heartbeat. How's RP been in the last week, folks?"

Silrie states, "Bit slow, but it was holiday week."

Lueta declaims, "Things finally happened for me, so I'm happy!"

Rimilde has mostly been away this last week.

Misune shrugs "What rp I did get into was rather good."

Timotheo states, "Quite Jailish when I was around. Hope it'll get better once I'm out and alive."

Rimilde is however -really- looking forward to the plot, and thinks that might help jump start things:)

Kinaed nods at Timotheo.

Kinaed smiles at Rimilde.

Kinaed queries, "Is there anything going on in game that players have felt the need to complain about that staff ought to know about/look at doing something to fix?"

Kinaed says, "Wow, that probably wasn't grammatically correct."

Tomas trails off, "I've got a fever... and the only cure is more cowbell"

Lueta exclaims, "I'd put a comma after 'about,' but yeah!"

Timotheo says, "Ahalin is terribad.."

Kinaed nods at Timotheo.

Lueta says, "That does remind me, I have a bit of a concern about Ahalin."

Kinaed claims to Timotheo, "We're always looking for solutions to that, but in 10 years, we haven't really improved much in the jail space despite knowing it's kinda shitty."

Dazen grinds his teeth.

Kinaed claims to Lueta, "Happy to discuss."

Timotheo claims, "I'd have an idea.."

Misune shrugs "I only have one thing I can think of, but it is not something staff can fix but just a really annoying obstacle that is getting in the way of potential rp."

Kinaed says to Dazen, "Those issues aren't your fault, Ahalin has existed far longer than you've been responsible for parts of it."

Kinaed says to Timotheo, "Happy to listen."

Rimilde looks at Misune "People might have suggestions options?"

Kinaed claims to Misune, "Same here. Tell us what your thoughts are."

Takta exclaims, "The best solution tends to be in player hands - the Order, for example, always needs more people!"

Dazen says, "No, what's pissing me off is that okay, I know I've failed in not seeing to these Ahalen cases sooner, but every word out of his mouth is complaining about it. We got the message."

Takta claims, "They can process you much faster if they have more hands to share the burden."

Kinaed says to Dazen, "He's not complaining about you, he's complaining because he's in jail and it constricts his RP."

Kinaed comforts Dazen.

Timotheo says, "Make Ahalin not a tower, more like, a building with windows where you can talk/RP with people on the road"

Timotheo claims, "That'd be my idea"

Dazen sighs. "I understand that, but right now, I'm the only Inquisitor on grid."

Kinaed nods at Dazen.

Dazen leans on Kinaed.

Elzenn states to Dazen, "The fact that jailing is broken isn't something you should take personally. And he's not one of the Order's prisoners, far as I know, so I'd say don't take it so hard."

Misune pats Dazen on the back "I've been in that boat before, and it isn't fun one bit."

Kinaed states to Timotheo, "I'm happy to put something like that in, but I do suspect it'll still be limited RP because I doubt we'll see a lot of folk lining up to talk to prisoners."

Timotheo states, "And, yeah. Please, Dazen, seat yourself in Ahalin for more then three weeks and then, don't complain."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Temi states, "One issue we have is that we have to weigh security with RPability."

Kinaed says, "In any case, we'll put that on the docket."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Takta claims to Timotheo, "Your case has been unusually messy for a lot of reasons."

Kinaed queries to Misune, "Did I miss your suggestion?"

Takta states, "It's frustrating, but it's definitely not just one person's fault."

Dazen claims to Timotheo, "I'll just spend every day monitoring Ahalen, shall I? Just in case jail's boring. Next time, don't get there."

Timotheo states, "Not saying it is his fault"

Misune states, "I didn't have a suggestion, I was just commenting on something else unrelated to this ahalin matter"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Lueta claims, "Perhaps jail should have some aspect of it that's interesting inherently."

Margaux states to Timotheo, "You kind of were."

Temi claims, "If we force the law-keepers to make things too loose, it gets really awkward when we then make it sensibly easy to get out - or non-sensical because it doesn't."

Kinaed claims, "Guys, let's keep the directed aggression to a minimum, please."

Dazen states, "The problem here is that he's both reeves and order's, so it's not just me. I need to wait for others too, and everyone's had scheduling issues these past weeks."

Timotheo says, "The concept of Ahalin is a bit.. meh. An automated law system, with NPC Reeves patrolling and such couls help"

Dazen nods.

Kinaed queries, "An automated law system might not be terrible. How would we do that, Timotheo?"

Misune trails off, "However in regards to something Dazen did say... Those who end up in ahalin have to remember they must have done something that got them in there... and you always have the option to create an alt"

Kinaed states to Misune, "It's entirely possible to beframed."

Tomas questions, "I don't see how making it automated would help? from what I know this case is complicated and almost every situation has osme level of nuance that an automated system couldn't handle"

Lueta questions, "I mean, I don't know how difficult this would be, but perhaps jail could have npcs to interact with, activities, systems to work with... It sounds like a big project, but at least it's something??"

Kinaed states, "Rare, but not unheard of."

Misune glances at Kinaed "It's possible, but as you said, very, very rare.

Elzenn states, "And given that criminal/heretic PCs drive RP it's not very fair to expect them to sacrifice this much."

Margaux queries to Lueta, "Gamify the jail experience?"

Lueta says to Margaux, "Yeah."

Takta states, "I don't know that we can really do a lot to add much 'solo' content, given the kind of game we are and the tools we have."

Rimilde trails off, ""I'm not sure how I feel about this suggestion but I'll toss it out, something like how prisoners make license plates, maybe have them make stuff that's useful to something on grid as part of their time there... "

Timotheo claims, "I'm no coder but. Setting stuff up like NPCs wich can watch, virtual NPCs watching and such. VNpcs in the way of, people who are not codedly there but yet are there. Things would be reported, NPC Reeves would patrol for said persons and conduct an arrest"

Kinaed muses, "Serve a sentence, do some work to get out? What about people headed to termination instead of community service?"

Misune glances at Elzenn "It's one of those things that playing a villiancriminal character you have to accept. while your rp is likely to drive others, you are ultimately the one with the highest risk versus reward

Lueta claims, "Maybe something to do with diplomacy with the jail keepers, other inmates, and a system for the psychological effects of being kept in a cold dark smelly place for so long."

Takta muses, "One suggestion Xinoe made the other day: how would folks feel about some kind of arrest POLCA that would store information on prisoners, prompt people when they'd been in jail for too long, pboard automatically to help schedule RP, etc?"

Silrie claims, "How about friends visiting. Wait, was that mentioned? Getting lost in scrollage."

Elzenn says to Misune, "I know, it's never going to be balanced, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it better."

Kinaed claims to Takta, "I think that's a fantastic idea."

Dazen states, "That would be great."

Takta questions, "To help streamline the process so it's easier to get people in and out faster?"

Dazen nods at Takta.

Lueta claims, "So it would employ stat-based saves and such"

Margaux states to Takta, "That would be excellent, based on my past experience as Order/Reeves."

Temi claims, "We've already done away with jail as a punishment. It's just intended to be holding zone to decide what to do with them, which we encourage to keep brief."

Kinaed claims, "Order and Reeves can get alerts saying when staff are going to let someone out for lack of RP."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Misune trails off, "That does seem like a good idea... but it doesn't fix the main problem we often encounter, lack of people"

Tomas claims to Elzenn, "Yet even with ahalin as it is, people seem to prefer playing villains tot he peacekeepers, which is part of the reason that ahalin is a problem, not enough peacekeepers. plust he thieves/mages get their unique skills/powers that make it interesting. there is a lot of incentive to play villains, not a lot to play the lawkeepers"

Takta claims, "So maybe that's a good direction to pursue, set some 'official' timeframes to force timely action."

Takta nods at Tomas.

Takta states, "Let me just echo what Tomas says for a sec - the single biggest obstacle to handling these things quickly is that folks aren't playing Orderites."

Takta claims, "So you get 1-2 Inquisitors at a time who tend to burn out."

Kinaed wonders, "I think there's something of a lack of communication going on though. Dazen's waiting on people, for example (not a knock at you, Dazen), but can't you go in, make your judgment, mail it to the Reeve GL and dust your hands?"

Lueta declaims, "I'd be willing to create an Orderite alt!"

Elzenn muses, "There will always be ungrateful roles but then we need to figure out how to make playing an Orderite a little more worthwile, no?"

Timotheo states, "My suggestion would be to, like, Set up hardcoded punishments, fines and bribeable NPCs. A jail system wich will have you arrested for an IC week for, theft and such. Or, hands cut off or whatever punishments."

Kinaed asks, "I thought this time around, the issue wasn't Orderites, but the fact that it's a cross-jurisdiction case?"

Temi queries, "Does the Order have all of the application rolse open that it wants open?"

Temi questions, "And the Reeves for that matter?"

Lueta questions to Dazen, "Want an inquisitor apprentice?"

Dazen states, "I need an Inquisitor app open."

Takta states to Timotheo, "I don't think we can really automate that, given the nature of RP and crime here."

Temi says, "GLs should feel free to request slots they want people to apply into directly."

Misune purses lips "I've pretty much sworn away playing an inquisitor at all because... well frankly it's incredibly boring, and when you do try to actually create rp you have high influence characters who get their panties in a twist and put a halt at anything you do

Kinaed says to Dazen, "I'll open one after this meeting, sure. :)"

Rimilde pauses, "I'd be happy to discuss this specific case but would feel more comfortable doing it off line."

Kinaed nods at Rimilde.

Kinaed states to Rimilde, "Let's discuss after."

Dazen states, "Thanks, Kin. And yes, I could do that. This case is just messy because Rim and I needed to talk icly about things in order to make that judgement."

Misune states, "Nothing is more annoying than having your rp all but halted because someone who shouldn't have any say in the matter has enough influence to do so"

Margaux says, "I never found being an Inquisitor boring. If anything it is the opposite- too much going on and not enough time to do it in."

Rimilde nods "Thanks."

Kinaed states, "In any case, if I can move us to summary: automated jail might be a good idea, perhaps jail POLCA to help move things along, and we may want to consider a window to the outside world so people can RP with those outside even if they're arrested."

Dazen states, "I'm just really irked because there are all these things I should know about with nothing written down on them."

Misune glances at Margaux "It's not so much when you actually get to play the inquisitor, it's trying to find things to do outside of being an inquisitor, aka normalish rp

Dazen gives Misune a thumbs up.

Kinaed says to Dazen, "Let's catch up later, you and I, and you can explain a bit more what's going on in your world so I can figure out what's itching you and what to do about it."

Rimilde nods, "I think a polca would be good, people can update it each time they visit so there is record on who did what? That way when it's cross-jur it's easy for it to move along."

Dazen states, "Like, I have to process people like Shasa and Rylyn, etc, but had Ariel not written a letter on Rylyn, I'd have no idea why"

Lueta says, "Be back soon."

Dazen nods at Kinaed.

Temi states, "Maybe that POLCA system would be a od priority."

Dazen states, "Definitely, thanks kin"

Takta says, "The Inquisition has really resisted using gnotes for cases, and that's been a problem. Always."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Timotheo dances polka

Kinaed says, "It's probably because Gnotes don't play nicely."

Rimilde nods, "And gnotes are guild specific, are they not? can they be shared between guilds?

Takta states, "I gather it's worries about security and rank access, but it's crippling to not have records."

Takta states, "They can be shared, if need be, yup."

A silver chalice lantern elegantly etched with Dav's Laws flares momentarily blue in Dazen's hands.

Rimilde claims, "Ah didn't know that."

Misune trails off, "Can vouch for rank access worries..."

Temi states, "Maybe that needs to be a priority too, having more rank limit abilities."

Temi states, "On gnotes."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Margaux states to Misune, "Third that."

Rimilde nods "I think it would be great to limit access by ranks actually, it would solve a variety of other problems too."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, let's see. That was Player Heartbeat..."

Dazen nods.

Dazen snuffs a silver chalice lantern elegantly etched with Dav's Laws.

Timotheo says OOCly, "Gonna be linkdead for a bit"

Kinaed says, "Thank you for talking to us about your problems, folks. It's how we get better. If any of you think of solutions after the meeting, please pboard me."

Timotheo has lost link.

Kinaed queries, "Moving on to Player Topics, Silrie will you please introduce us to your topic?"

Kinaed has transferred Benne. [OOC]

Elzenn gives a colorfully banded noisemaker set with a wooden mouthpiece to Benne.

Silrie wonders, "All right.
1. Empty casks. Since empty casks are useless, but rather common for brewers, is there any way we can have a recipe created that will reduce empty casks to wooden scraps?
2. PC Woodworkers: Since the pc woodworkers seem to have vanished for now (rl comes first of course, that's not a slight at anyone--one of them is an awesome friend!), is there anything we can do for custom commissions? Like, how do we play that? Do we just ask staff for the objects and qp pay for them or just vote in hopes that new woodworkers will tumble onto grid? XD I'm just not sure if we should play, on grid, that they're not commissioning at the moment, that they're on vacation, just really backlogged, etc?"

Kinaed claims to Benne, "To catch you up, we've had a prior discussion where staff said what we've been doing in the last week - not much due to holidays - then we discussed jail and how some players are feeling unhappy with it, and looking for alternative solutions. Now, players are bringing up their topics for us to discuss. Silrie is first."

Takta asks, "Empty casks as in the casks left behind after you've finished drinking?"

Silrie nods.

Takta says, "They aren't useless; you can fill them with other liquids if you like. Any recipe to reduce empty casks to scraps would also work on full casks, and... I'd prefer to avoid the chance for an accident."

Silrie says, "Oooh"

Takta states, "Can just junk 'em if you don't want to reuse them with fill/pour/etc."

Silrie exclaims, "Okay!"

Benne holds a colorfully banded noisemaker set with a wooden mouthpiece in his hand.

Temi states, "Actually, I don't think we can do such a recipe. It would only work on full casks, because fullness has to match the pattern."

Temi says, "But even if we could, like Takta says, there's potential drawbacks."

Temi states, "I'm a bit surprised casks from drinks aren't discarded when you finish the cask though."

Kinaed states, "As for no woodworkers being on grid - yes, staff will do custom stuff for QP, but it can get expensive. I would hope that you would vote to help us attract new potential woodworkers, but if we're missing one, for example in the Merchants Guild, please ask your GL to do what Dazen did and open an application to advertise for the need."

Kinaed has transferred Riette. [OOC]

Takta states, "We had a request to make them stick around for re-using."

Temi nods at Takta.

Elzenn gives a colorfully banded noisemaker set with a wooden mouthpiece to Riette.

Temi states, "Well, can't have it both ways."

Temi grins.

Temi claims, "Just junk them if you don't want them."

Tomas says, "I'll try and get albrecht back in and playing again soon. maybe I can just do orders and not rp right now. my play time is still shakey with the back injury"

Riette declaims, "Thanks! Happy new year, everyone!"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Kinaed comforts Tomas.

Kinaed smiles at Riette.

Temi claims, "You might also reach out to the merchant guildleader and they may know of part-time woodworkers that can help."
Elzenn exclaims to Riette, "Thank you! And phwee to you too!"

Silrie nods.

Kinaed claims to Riette, "Happy New Year to you also :)"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Silrie says, "Happy TI year! Er,new year."

Silrie nods at Temi.

Silrie grins.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, thank you for raising your queries, Silrie. Does that close it, or did you want to make suggestions or ask for more on the woodworking subject?"

Silrie ponders.

Silrie trails off, "I can't think of anything right now. I'll have her ask Galen about part time woodworkers and the like..."

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Kinaed states, "Also ask him to consider opening apps."

Silrie exclaims, "Will do!"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, Dazen, you also had a topic to raise. Please introduce us?"

Dazen claims, "Is there any way a bookmarked timestamp feature can be added to the game, if we need to note a time and date but are in the middle of rp. Perhaps it'll just clip the time and date and put it in a list along with a short note we can reference later for cnotes. Make it temporary, perhaps, but it is something that might be useful on the fly. I've forgotten to take down the time and date numerous times, and it has come back to bite me, but if I know I can merely type a command and clip it for later use, it might be easier than to remember to write a cnote when in the midst of the rp."

Kinaed states, "It should be dirt easy to add, so I'll do that."

Timotheo has reconnected.

Benne questions, "Maybe just automatically add it to every cnote?"

Dazen says, "Thanks. it's so crucial sometimes, and opening an editer is just disruptive for me"

Kinaed muses, "Actually, can't you get that just by typing 'time'?"

Dazen queries, "Yes, but then I need to open a cnote to copy and paste it, since cnotes don't add ic time. Unless, as benne says, you can add ic time to cnotes?"

Kinaed wonders, "Should we add something to 'time' or give a 'timestamp' command with specific info?"

Margaux asks, "Both?"

Takta claims, "I could see timestamp Child Was Born, for example, to note the specific time that happened."

Kinaed queries, "We should be able to; would that be preferable to a timestamp command?"

Takta states, "Then timestamp list shows you a list of times and the brief line you jotted down."

Takta states, "Timestamp SoandSo's Birthday, bam, there it is on the list."

Misune states, "I like the timestamp idea better"

Dazen claims, "For me, I need to time, copy the time, open a cnote, paste the time and the what's going on, then x out and by that time, I've missed a pose."

Benne likes Takta's idea.

Dazen nods at Takta.

Dazen queries, "Would the timestamp be added automatically? The ic time you wrote the note, perhaps?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll have to think about that. In short, happy to do it, Dazen, just need to think about how best to solve the underlying problem. If it's that we want IC date/time on cnotes without extra work, we can just make cnotes show IC date/time as well as OOC and that's probably best."

Temi states, "Well, for children born there is a cnote for the mother, at least."

Takta says, "I like being able to skip the editor step, but cnotes having IC date/time would be fine too."

Kinaed claims, "I'm leery for design reasons of adding more ways to cnote or systems parallel to cnotes where people could get confused and do the wrong thing or make tracking and management difficult."

Dazen nods.

Dazen states, "I like both. Sorry, ti bees. I know that's more work."

Kinaed says, "But maybe a cnote quick <sentence> command like there's a message quick might do too."

Takta states, "Oh! Yes."

Dazen claims, "Well, honestly, if cnotes had ic time, I could deal with it."

Takta states, "Cnote quick + IC date/time on cnotes = best of both worlds."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Dazen nods at Takta.

Elzenn claims, "And it all stays in one manageable spot. That sounds good."

Kinaed states, "Okay, that's recorded, I'll make a note after."

Kinaed wonders, "Lueta, you had a topic or question for us? Would you kindly introduce it?"

Kinaed questions, "Lueta, are you afk, or just taking time to write up your query? :)"

Crickets chirp in the background. [Silrie]

Kinaed claims, "I'll give her a moment to respond, otherwise we'll move on."

Misune states, "They said they would be back soon a bit ago"

Kinaed says, "Oh, I must have missed that. Guys, if you go afk here, it's okay to flag yourself AFK."

Kinaed claims, "However, since she's away... anyone else have anything to discuss? If not, parting words are the usual - please vote for TI to assist us in bringing more players to the game for you to play with."

Kinaed claims, "Anyone have any shameless plugs? I hear there's a Tubori Event on tomorrow."

Misune shrugs "Not really something to discuss but an observation."

Kinaed questions to Misune, "?"

Elzenn claims, "IIII also have a question."

Benne states, "Can I get a quick rundown of what was said about jail RP? Curiousity."

Kinaed claims to Benne, "The log will be posted on the Forums, so you can read that. It's a bit long to re-state."

Misune states, "Our Mage count is oddly low, according to census. 23 awakened mages, 15 latent"

Silrie states to Benne, "The og will be posted on the forums too in case we don't have time."

Silrie smiles at Benne.

Benne states, "Roger dodger."

Silrie wonders, "That's low?"

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll swap us to opening magery as a choice on creation. Right now, we're creating latents."

Misune shrugs "I'd consider that low."

Dazen states, "I'm gonna die."

Dazen laughs.

Lueta is idle.

Misune trails off, "And that is likely because trying to get mages to work together is like herding cats... that includes being willing to awaken others"

Kinaed states, "Done - mages are available as a chargen choice now."

Silrie muses, "Give accounts an option of 3 instead of 2? lol"

Benne keeps his mouth shut.

Kinaed states, "I think two is enough. :)"

Dazen agrees.

Benne wonders how he had 3.

Benne states, "Good times."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, everyone - anything final to add before I toss everyone back to the wolv- er, your RP partners?"

Silrie snickers.

Silrie claims, "Toss away."

Benne says, "This thing isn't eadible. I am disappoint."

Benne stops using a colorfully banded noisemaker set with a wooden mouthpiece.

Margaux stops using a colorfully banded noisemaker set with a wooden mouthpiece.

Margaux gives a colorfully banded noisemaker set with a wooden mouthpiece to Elzenn.

Silrie claims, "I'll make you an editle one. haha"

Temi questions, "Did Elzenn ask her question?"

Margaux wields a polished steel rapier with an elegant, silver-chased hilt.

Margaux wields a steel main gauche with a slim hilt wrapped in silver wire in her off-hand.

Silrie declaims, "Oh!"

Kinaed muses, "Elzenn, what was your question?"

Margaux secures her rapier, the base clicking solidly.

Elzenn exclaims, "Ah, yes!"

Elzenn says, "I had a question fort the players: I feel like I saw pass either at last week's meeting or sometime in a guildchat that people were finding it difficult to get engaged when they did not have a lot of time to devote to the game. I wanted to prod around to see if anyone felt this and what exactly it was that you found irksome or difficult."

Misune states, "Well before you throw us back, I would like to make one small plug. I am trying to run a mini-plot on my mage character, rhea, and that requires other mages. So yeah, keep that in mind mages, those looking for rp"

Elzenn claims, "If anyone here feels like that applies to them, anyways."

Misune mumbles about having not seen elzenn's pose before he posted, since he was scrolled up "Sorry about that."

Benne has logged in at odd hours and logged off when he didn't find anyone publicly available.

Dazen says, "How would they contact you? I'm not one, I can safely say, but how is that possible when you've said mages won't work together? It's curious."

Silrie states, "Oops"

Kinaed states, "Rhea will have to ICly leave that hint around."

Misune claims, "Well I do have an alias, but it's more about the mages being willing to take the 'risk' of working with other mages"

Silrie says, "So, about rp and dead zones."

Misune nods to Silrie "Sadly yes."

Benne often spends a short amount of time in Church Square if there's nothing immediately available.

Riette says, "I'm not sure I can answer well, though even with a good amount of time for the game it can feel difficult to engage."

Kinaed claims to Benne, "I'm sorry to hear that. We're definitely more active during the US evening than any other time."

Elzenn wonders to Benne, "Are you only feeling like it's an on-grid availbility thing?"

Elzenn asks, "Or just people holed up in places that are not public?"

Benne claims, "Oh, it's definitely a mix of things, many of which are on my end."

Riette nods in agreement with Benne.

Elzenn nods at Benne.

Riette feels the same.

Margaux claims to Elzenn, "I've been in that situation a lot. It stems from a) a lack of available time and b) a lot of the time that I do have being in the wrong timezone (TI is very geared towards a USA-esque time zone, based on locale of most players). I'm not sure what can be done about it- I like engaging with plots as a secondary means of RP-esque behaviour."

Silrie feels like it's a holing up thing sometimes too, though she's guilty too.

Elzenn nods at Margaux.

Benne states, "Having been playing for fifteen years, I get how it works."

Benne states, "(not here, but text RP)"

Rimilde nods with Margaux, "Plots are a good way to do that."

Benne claims, "It doesn't help that I'm an Uber driver full time and my work schedule is nonexistant."

Silrie muses, "And we can't really just ... create ruccasses because don't they need some foundation?"

Rimilde states, ""Joining a guild is also helpful, that's how I broke through the barrier and went from always feeling on the outskirts to thrust in the middle." "

Benne points at Rimilde. "That's how I'm approaching it now."

Elzenn states to Margaux, "I'm not sure how we can fix it, but thank you for your input, it's something that would be nice to look at when we have time."

Temi claims, "Depends on the ruckus! Some are suited to spontaneity and whim."

Temi grins.

Benne notes down, "Ruckus."

Silrie queries, "I mean, npc wise. So and so walks into church square to find a corpse on the ground and an angry mob surrounding them. What happened and why? it'd bring pc's running, but it'd be npc based, so, no solution"

Benne claims, "That's the kind of thing that requires a lot of staff participation, and can quickly spiral out of hand."

Benne has run staff events before.

Silrie states, "Which is just expensive."

Silrie says, "Qp"

Takta claims, "You can run STs for that sort of thing."

Temi claims, "Well, there's the story system. You can propose that sort of thing and you can run it."

Elzenn states, "Definitely run your own STs."

Silrie states, "Hmmm. i want to run one. i just don't know what kinds of things I can do."

Silrie claims, "Oo"

Takta claims, "You can ask us."

Kinaed states, "Yes, that's the perfect kind of thing for a player to run with the ST system."

Benne claims, "Have a heart-to-heart with the staff, yeah."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Temi claims, "You can also do anything that your character would do."

Silrie muses, "Can I run, like, a test story to test the commands so I'm not stuck doing so in a real story?"

Kinaed claims, "Guys, I have to go somewhere very shortly, so my time is up."

Elzenn says, "And if they are still up, you can probably look up older story pitches."

Takta claims, "You can open the story and play with the commands ahead of time, sure."

Benne salutes Kinaed. "Hold me, thrill me."

Silrie hugs Kinaed.

Kinaed is putting down floors for a close friend in her new house and needs to get there on time since she missed painting it yesterday due to a major wedding photo SNAFU.

Kinaed hugs you.

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, you guys have good RP now!"

Silrie says to Kinaed, "Toddler words of wisdom for the day. "Mommy, I wish you were a mermaid."

Benne states, "Ciao."

Kinaed grins at Silrie.

Silrie grins.

Elzenn waves to Kinaed.

Silrie waves to Kinaed.

Benne exclaims, "Screams, "WHOA, COME WITH ME NOW!""

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, transing everyone back - please vote, and please turn on autovote if you have the stomach for reminders. Take care, everyone, sorry about the abrupt end!"
Lurks the Forums

• Information