Log of OOC Meeting 12/26/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Evrald

Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:42 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed claims, "I'll take the silence as a no. If that changes, please send me a tell."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I'll kick off Staff Updates then. I was supposed to read the Tubori help files, and I'm about 90% complete of those."

Kinaed declaims, "I guess I'll finish that today. Otherwise, no policy issues this week (I'm not sure if that's because we're extra quiet over the holidays or if you're just all happily chugging along, but thank you!)"

Kinaed says, "I'll hand it over to Azarial who can make the big announcement given what she's completed this past week."

Azarial claims, "I've finished up tracking. it needs testing to mkae sure the calculations are correct, but it appears to be crashfree and reaosnably functional."

Takta states, "Preliminary testing has been looking pretty good."

Azarial claims, "While waiting for testers, i've also put in the long pending regnancy update. it needs testing as well, but should not be too crashprone."

Misune asks, "Regnancy? as in the spell type thing or something else?"

Kinaed claims to Misune, "Yes, the spell that allows mages who have awakened other mages - or used the regency spell - to influence their regnants."

Azarial says, "As oer the spell, yes. the spell has been rewritten, more has bene added to it, dominate has been removed as a sdie effect, and awlaneing has been adjusted"

Azarial states, "If you are afflicted of this, be sure to play it out. and there is a way to remove it, if you can figure it out."

Takta claims, "For mages, help magic regnancy has more info."

Kinaed claims, "That probably still needs tested. Dominate and regnancy didn't really work well previously, so hopefully it will be in the same vein with more utility and more playability from the opposite side."

Teekum nods his head, clearly oblivious.

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "Does that wrap you up? If yes, Takta's turn."

Azarial states, "I think so, yeah. i don;t remember anything else"

Kinaed claims to Takta, "You're up."

Takta states, "Okay! So, major thing: me and Xinoe (mostly Xinoe) got the skyway 100% up and functional."

Kinaed claps and cheers.

Evrald pontificates, "Woo!"

Takta states, "Any feedback on it will be greatly appreciated, and if there are suggestions about rooms to add, changes to make, etc, love to hear them."

Takta states, "Next big project is still the book project (changing all existing IC books that touch on religion to be thematic with the Erra Pater)."

Takta pontificates, "That's about it for now!"

Kinaed claims to Elzenn, "You're up, El. :)"

Azarial says, "As a side effectif the skyway, range on doors should work much better now, as well as traveling through rooms and making turns"

Elzenn claims, "It's been the holidays and slow, but I should be ready to start rolling our staff-run plot out in the new year, since people had a marked preference for it happening after the holidays. There will be calls for some volunteers so we can include the playerbase in (what I hope to be) a fun capacity, so please keep your eye out on the general board and write to me if you have any questions."

Misune states, "Looking forward to this, curious what type of 'theme' it will be"

Kinaed says, "Keep your eyes peeled, we don't want to spoil it."

Elzenn states, "To do in the middle of that will be revamping the Farin climate/food files, and then keep up with questions/requests/so on."

Elzenn says, "And that is it for me."

Kinaed questions, "And that wraps up Staff Updates. Any questions or anything before we move on to Player Heartbeat?"

Ofelia states, "I look forward to exploring the Skyway with a character who dresses appropriately for it. That is all."

Kinaed grins at Ofelia.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, then moving on to the Player Heartbeat - how's the game been lately, folks? Anything great? Anything shitting people that you want staff to have a look at?"

Silrie shoves Ofelia and tries to see if her skirts will act like parachutes or stones.

Rimilde is idle.

Silrie begins to descend.

Tomas claims, "I haven't really played that much, so couldn't comment. I need to get back into playing more"

Silrie comes to a stop.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Kinaed states to Tomas, "We're glad to see you around."

Dazen states, "Same."

Ofelia states, "There seem to be a lot of IC events in the works, so hopefully that helps rope everyone back in."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Ofelia said, not at all out of personal interest.

Misune states, "What rp I have gotteb into has been meh at best, but that is likely due to holidays."

Orlando says, "I haven't played much, either. Busy, plus lack of interest. I'll reiterate that it's difficult to be a part-time player here, and it's disheartening to log on and see 1s and 2s on whererp. When that happens, I wander off and do something else."

Kinaed claims, "We tend to get a bit slow around Christmas, but bloom out between Jan and March. I'm sure El's plot will help with that."

Elzenn will kill everyone you love. Come play!

[RPXP Gain: none] [HP:scratched MV:rested P:walk] (bathed)

Teekum hums.

Kinaed states to Orlando, "I'm not sure if that's something that staff can address/fix - it's just how players want to play and socialize."

Hunapo grins at Elzenn.

Silrie stalks Elzen, waiting for volunteer openings.

Elzenn pontificates, "No, but really I won't. Keep your eyes peeled, follow rumours and submit all thep lot advances!"

Evrald queries, "So... since i'm new here, what is player heartbeat exactly?"

Orlando declaims to Kinaed, "Just pointing it out for common consumption. I don't expect/need staff to do anything, but thanks for listening!"

Kinaed states to Evrald, "A once-a-week query about how players feel about the game."

Rimilde is no longer idle.
Rimilde has returned from AFK.

Kinaed nods at Orlando.

Takta pontificates, "Best thing to do when you see 1s and 2s is to go make them 2s and 3s!"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Orlando claims to Takta, "Hard when people are locked in their phomes. But otherwise, a good idea."

Ofelia claims, "Yeah, that's a lot of a common effort thing."

Teekum says, "Help Lockpick"

Kinaed claims, "It's okay to ask on OOC if anyone wants to RP or send tells."

Teekum hums.

Azarial states, "Help bash."

Silrie claims, "Lmfao teekum"

Jemven states to Orlando, "Bash the door and claim that you heard folks struggling."

Kinaed says, "I like it."

Takta says, "And I think we do definitely see at least a couple people out in public at most times."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Azarial says, "Or you knocked too hard. though if it is a one roomphome, 'knock' should work to let them know youa re there."

Azarial needs a phoime handler before knock can be a whole house thing

Elzenn states, "And while some RP inevitably has to happen in private, everyne contributing a little of their time on grid will help make it a welcoming place, especially for new players."

Silrie claims, "I know that if I'm in my workshop, a fair portion of the time, I leave the door open. Feel free to wander on by and bug me. LOL"

Kinaed states, "Okay, well... I did have someone ask to raise a Player Topic too, when we're ready. :)"

Evrald claims, "I'm happy with the state of the game, but I just joined... so not sure what is what all the time."

Teekum claims, "You're all just as boring as I remember. <3"

Kinaed states to Evrald, "We're very slow right now, but we've had 30+ in peak times in the last week. I think it's just the Christmas weekend and people being with their families."

Takta nods.

Kinaed wrinkles her nose at Teekum.

Teekum flutters his eyelashes at Kinaed.

Kinaed grins.

Elzenn writes Teekum in on the plot's List.

Elzenn hums.

Silrie laughs.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, Silrie - I think we're ready. Would you like to kick off our Player Topics?"

Teekum declares, "No one will miss me!"

Silrie kicks!

Silrie states, "I was wondering if we could have implemented codely a qp history or something, where we can see what qp we've earned, and the reasons staff put down for it. As it stands, sometimes I see qp show up and have no idea how I earned them, or I'm waiting on qp for something and just have no idea if the qp I've got or have spent was qp related to something specific. I tend to miss the messages when they're awarded. I'm either crafting or rping or just not at the computer, etc. Basically, I qp track fail."

Kinaed states to Teekum, "I think we did miss you an awful lot, actually."

Kinaed states, "Hmm, should be pretty easy given that we have history award already for staff so we can see what went out. If we just filter that for players to see only their own, that should be pretty easy."

Teekum says, "Aww."

Takta claims, "Yeah, that makes sense."

Takta trails off, "Maybe more generally..."

Kinaed wonders to Silrie, "Okay, I'll put that up. By the way, did you try the 'look people' and 'look objects' commands?"

Takta asks, "A history for all the messages you get at log-in that aren't just new notes?"

Takta says, "So QP awards, new bounties, etc."

Ofelia claims, "Oooh, that would be cool for bounties."

Silrie declaims to Kinaed, "Omg! I totally missed that update!"

Ofelia says, "I, for one, never check them, because I put it off after seeing the message."

Azarial says, "Could move some of that to the reports command."

Silrie pontificates to Kinaed, "But I just tried it, that is so cool!"

Kinaed says, "Maybe worthwhile, but in the short term, opening history award is probably dirt easy compared to the larger history."

Takta nods.

Kinaed claims, "Though I agree."

Kinaed states to Silrie, "You asked for it about two weeks ago, so we put them in."

Silrie states to Kinaed, "I remember! Thank you guys so much! This will make life sooo much easier, especially when on my phone."

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Kinaed has transferred Margaux. [OOC]

Elzenn gives a large kite with a skyblue sail and a trailing silver tail to Margaux.

Kinaed states to Margaux, "We're at Player Topics - did you have anything you wanted to discuss? We just agreed to add a history for Quest Point awards so players can figure out where their recent QP came from."

Kinaed says, "We're thinking to also add a broader game history."

Kinaed states, "Not sure how that might work though, will discuss with Takta after."

Margaux says, "Nothing to discuss. Too early for cognitive thought, probably."

Kinaed comforts Margaux.

Kinaed questions, "Well, honestly, that's the entirety of our OOC Chat, unless anyone has anything to add?"

Kinaed questions, "Shameless plugs?"

Teekum questions, "What did everyone get for Christmas?"

Silrie ponders.

Kinaed says, "Please vote for TI to keep us visible so that we can attract new players - voting links are on the who list and you can use 'autovote' to get reminders."

Evrald states, "I'm making a map for the Cmud and Zmud users."

Jemven trails off, "I cried when I was the only one on earlier today...."

Silrie states, "A hiper toddler."

Orlando states to Teekum, "Nothing."

Kinaed claims, "I got a fitbit, and I'm having technical issues with it."

Kinaed declares to Silrie, "Me too!"

Ofelia has the same PSA as always: every time you don't answer your mail, the abyss eats a puppy.

Misune says, "What is a fitbit"

Kinaed claims to Evrald, "Awesome. I think Takta may have made one."

Teekum declaims, "I got clothes! And supplements!"

Margaux states to Silrie, "At least you didn't get a hipster toddler."

Takta claims, "Yeah, but mine is too complete to give to players."

Takta grins.

Kinaed claims to Misune, "It's a bracelet that you wear that reads your activity levels, sleep levels, acts as a watch, etc."

Takta says, "Full sewers and skyway, as well as secret rooms, etc."

Silrie claims, "My house is Princess Sofia'ed out."

Misune states, "Oh... interesting."

Kinaed claims to Evrald, "If you give a copy to us, we can put it on our website and we'll give you QP."

Kinaed grins at Silrie.

Silrie grins at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "Our kids got lego and my eldest got a violin."

Azarial states, "We picked up some of the sofia stuff, but at not yet two, it;s a chew toy."

Kinaed states, "I've spent the last two days putting puzzles together... oh, and playing Fallout. 'Cause I'm bad."

Evrald claims, "I got... cheesecake and money. They had no idea what to get me."

Silrie states, "My wee one got a princess sofia purse which doubles as a baby karaoke box. Note to child. Please. Keep microphone. Away. From speaker."

Orlando questions, "Please transfer me out since we're now in holiday banter mode?"

Kinaed grins at Silrie.

Hunapo is constantly pleased at the lack of leaking little humans in his house.

Kinaed nods at Orlando.

Orlando has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Silrie claims, "Grinch! Sobsob."

Kinaed questions, "Yes, we've gotten to holiday banter. Wow. Oh, anyone happy to write a review for TI?"

Azarial claims to Silrie, "For some reason, the bateries die in those rather quickly.,"

Teekum claims, "Seriously."

Teekum says, "I'll do it, Kinaed."

Teekum says, "I write purdy good."

Silrie grins at Azarial.

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "It's okay, Orlando's often grumpy. It's his modus operandi."

Evrald says, "I wrote a review, it's still pending apparently."

Kinaed declares to Evrald, "Thank you!"

Silrie states, "I also nearly choked."

Kinaed exclaims to Teekum, "Thank you!"

Teekum places his right fist over his heart in salute.

Evrald states, "Side note, peoples, if you don't want something going in the log, lemme know. I'm just adding everything."

Azarial claims, "Though if that princes is the same one that helps teach a 'real' princess to hammer slide...all fo tha may quietly vanish."

Ofelia says to Kinaed, "I will also ask you for a trans out, I must scarper off and go get ready."

Takta says, "Oh! I forgot to say I wrote the ritual helpfiles this week. But you mages know that."

Takta grins.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, well - it is still the holiday weekend, so given that we've gotten through the Agenda and no one seems to have anything to add.. we can wrap up early? Or we can all chatter for 30 min. I'm happy either way."

Ofelia has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Silrie claims, "We're sitting at dinner, and mom is like, "Child, did Santa claus come and see you?" Baby. "Yes! I got a purple mermaid." Mom. "Oh wow! Where is Santa Claus now?" Baby, pointing at my mom's overweight boyfriend, "Right there. He got big belly too. But he not gots a beard.""

Silrie claims, "Me? Chokes on ham."

Kinaed claims, "I have to finish reading these help files before I log today, and I can't stay long, so I might pass the retrans reigns to another staffer."

Evrald states, "... XD"

Takta states, "From the mouths of babes."

Takta grins.

Takta exclaims, "I can retrans folks, if there's nothing else!"

Kinaed pontificates, "Thanks!"

Kinaed waves, "Have fun, guys - enjoy your RP!"

Silrie grins.

Elzenn is just happily chilling with her kite, man.

Kinaed sinks into her own shadow and disappears. [OOC]

Silrie says, "They are just way toto honest."

Dazen waves.

Dazen says, "I'll go."

Rimilde queries, "Can I be transferred back please? "

Takta pontificates, "Alright, folks! See y'all later!"
Resident Savage Player / Expert - Currently Not a Savage though

• Information