Log of ooc meeting - December 12, 2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Silrie

Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics
Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"
none. perfect. rested. 25813.
Faith raises his hand and would like to add something.
none. perfect. rested. 25813.
You will no longer see prompts.
Kinaed queries to Faith, "(Eld)I've got you. I'll call on you when we get to player topics - please jot down an introduction to your topic so you can just copy paste and get it out when your turn comes?"
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Anyone else?"
Maiken shakes her head.

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay, we'll kick off with Staff Updates. If anyone wants to add to the agenda throughout, please feel free to send me a tell."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)My update - as has been the case for several weeks, I've been working full time and have had little time for anything other than policy cases. Policy has been slow, which means everyone seems to be treating one another properly and playing by the rules - thank you! In my spare time, my main priority is still the roles spec."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)That's it for me. Azarial, you're up."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Mostly hammering track, and when i need data on that, picking off a few bugs here and there."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)News has been filling up wiht the tested and confirmed stuff."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Kinaed questions to Azarial, "(Eld)Any notable changes looking at Change and Completed board that might impact players enough to be worth special highlight?"
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Not that i can think of. i am trying to keep my place in track in my head so i can return to it once this is over"
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Kinaed exclaims to Temi, "(Eld)Okay, you're up!"
Temi pontificates, "Okay!"
Temi states, "My current big project is sprucing up the Vavardi helpfiles, like Tubori and Hillman got, though they need less work."
Temi says, "But if there's things that bug you or are unclear about the current helpfiles, let me know so I can keep that in mind."
Gretel wonders when did the Tubori and Hillman helpfiles were changed. "Should I read them again?".
Takta states, "(Vandagan)They're waiting final approval to get into the game."
Kinaed scuffs and adds that to the priorities.
Temi asks, "I think they're posted linked on the forums still?"
Gretel nods.
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)I have an email marked unread in my inbox that I keep meaning to read..."
Temi says, "And I just before the meeting got an assignment to determine flags on rooms that players will be able to check and see, so that's something I think people will like."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Temi says, "I think that's all currently, beyond the normal RPA and such."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)It will go into the command 'look around' - so you'll see if a room is lawful (patrolled by knights and reeves) for example, or if a rumor mill is there."
Kinaed nods at Temi.
Kinaed says to Temi, "(Eld)Thanks. :)"
Kinaed declaims to Takta, "(Eld)You're up!"
Takta claims, "(Vandagan)Okay! I've done a lot of testing and helpfiling changes, as you see on the log-in notice."
Takta states, "(Vandagan)I also put together a small change for wounds, so you won't heal overnight from 0 hP as was happening in a few edge case.s"
Takta says, "(Vandagan)Helped with tracking calculations and figuring out some combat bugs that are hopefully squashed."
Zaerieth muses, "Were we able to sort the defense issue?"
Azarial says, "(Daravi)It was a display issu, not an actua;l combat issue"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I think I saw a fix go in, but I'm not sure to what degree it's been tested."
Kinaed nods at Azarial.
Kinaed wonders to Takta, "(Eld)Is that all for you? :)"
Takta declaims, "(Vandagan)That's it!"
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed claims to Elzenn, "(Eld)You're up :)"
Elzenn wonders, "(Hillman)My week has been a bit lousy with work and my focus absent as a result, so it's been slow puttering around where I can on this end, with phomes and the like. I have been perfecting my staff skills; however, and now possess the start of a working grasp on how to make things that (totally won't) kill you. So. Yay? "
Elzenn pontificates, "(Hillman)Apart from that, I am going to be taking a look at a few things in the Farin helpfiles, and have what I hope will be fun things for you guys in the plot pipeline soon. And that's all for me!"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Yes, amongst the small sideline stuff I did this week was approve a major staff-run plot line that I hope you all enjoy."
Kinaed states to Elzenn, "(Eld)Thanks for the update."
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Okay, that concludes staff updates. Any questions about them before we move on?"
Zaerieth says OOCly, "When's the plot coming?"
Elzenn says, "(Hillman)In the coming weeks."
Kinaed defers to Elzenn.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)So not months, but probably not next week. :)"
Zaerieth nods.
Elzenn claims, "(Hillman)There is peripheral stuff that makes it a bit difficult to call 'when'. But there are staff run STs planned and those will be clearly announced. :)"
Kinaed nods at Elzenn.
Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Okay, Staff Updates are complete - Player Heartbeat! How's the RP been in the last week, folks? Anything driving anyone crazy that they want staff to look at or turn our attention to?"
Dazen hopes after Christmas.
Kinaed says to Dazen, "(Eld)I think that is a consideration, yes."
Silrie says, "Rp's been great on Sil. I've really gotten back into the swing of this character, and it's been refreshing."
Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)That's great to hear."
Kinaed asks, "(Eld)Anyone else want to chime in with how the game is going for them?"
Maiken claims to Kinaed, "The help files have been great."
Maiken nods.
Kinaed grins.
Dazen is still drowning in paperwork and totally overwhelmed, but it's fun.
Jemven claims to Kinaed, "(Tubori)No one wants to share their secrets.."
Rimilde queries, "I have broken record point if I could?"
Faith has been mia for a bit on all of his characters so can't comment.
Gretel feels finally connected, and enjoys it. Nice rp here too.
Kinaed says to Maiken, "(Eld)I guess you haven't had the opportunity to RP yet. Please let us know if you need any help."
Kinaed says to Jemven, "(Eld)I don't blame them."
Kinaed asks of Rimilde, "(Eld)Sure, what's a broken record point?"
Margaux claims, "Haven't played for 3-4 months, but considering coming back in at least a limited capacity."
Kinaed claims to Gretel, "(Eld)I'm so glad that's happened."
Kinaed nods at Margaux.
Kinaed states to Margaux, "(Eld)We'd be happy to see you back, I think."
Zaerieth says OOCly, "Kind of feeling meh. but I think its still ajustment for zaeri for some points"
Kinaed comforts Zaerieth.
Gretel is glad that Kinaed is glad.
Silrie is glad that Gretel is glad that Kinaed is glad to be comforting Zaerieth.
Kinaed wonders to Zaerieth, "(Eld)Is that due to bad RP or just what's happened recently being a bit negative for your character?"
Faith ran out of Glad bags.
Azarial questions to Faith, "(Daravi)Try the dolphin?"
Rimilde states, "Just that sometimes people think you aren't doing everything you can for them, but you are. I really are about including people and doing what I can to foster RP, and it amazes me how when I reach out people can get really snippy when it's not exactly how they want. There is lots of stress and frustration but it's those moments were I'm kinda like, why do I even try? Anyhow, maybe I'm being sensitive, but just remember that sometimes when you don't get a scene, it's because there are a bunch of things being lined up, and everyone has lives. Anyhow, I am sure people mean well, but it gets a little hurtful at times. That's my rant, sorry, thanks for listening." "
Silrie laughs at Azarial.
Jemven gives Faith an infinte supply of Glad bags.
Kinaed always shudders at the thought of the dolphin.
Kinaed says to Rimilde, "(Eld)Sounds like people feel a bit entitled to your time too."
Dazen refrains from being lude.
Kinaed states to Rimilde, "(Eld)They're not."
Zaerieth says, "Not so much bad rp, just some events reacently"
Dazen hugs Rimilde.
Zaerieth states to Rimilde, "I think your doing well. its a rough place your in. just remember to walk away when you need to"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Overall, I expect people to be polite to one another OOCly, and for people to RP inclusively as a base standard, but I don't think that people actually owe one another time and attention. It concerns me when I hear that someone feels like people expect them to 'do more' for them."
Dazen questions, "Can I say something?"
Kinaed nods at Dazen.
Rimilde states, "Thanks guys, I get caught between wanting to do a good job and knowing I can't please everyone, and yeah, thanks for listening:)"
Margaux questions to Rimilde, "I've absolutely been where you are right now. That 'weight of expectation' can get pretty damn heavy at times. Happy to chat in tells some time about it, if you like?"
Kinaed queries to Margaux, "(Eld)May I ask, if it's not too personal, is that a part of why you took the aforementioned break, Margaux?"
Dazen questions, "I'm all for hammering out the little fine points of rp as well through ooc communication, but please try keeping the explanations as to why your character is doing something ic only. I am so guilty of separation issues myself in some situations as staff can attest, but I see it now from the other side and it does indeed put you in an awkward position. Dazen makes his choices based on what he sees as an Inquisitor. I can't make them based on what I know as a player. We all struggle with this at times. I'm no different. Especially when emotions are high. But can we just try?"
Dazen says, "By little things, I mean when who logs on when, etc."
Dazen claims, "Not the ic little things."
Kinaed has transferred Merces. [OOC]
Elzenn gives a mounted toy knight Crossed Swords and Chalice on her cape to Merces.
Kinaed nods.
Margaux claims to Kinaed, "Yes, it was."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I personally find it frustrating and annoying when I'm RPing with people and they're talking to me about the RP we're in."
Margaux claims to Kinaed, "Certainly weighed into most of my extended breaks."
Takta states, "(Vandagan)I might make a gentle suggestion - many of these comments will have a lot more impact if they go directly to the person they're meant to address."
Merces sneezes loudly.
Azarial says, "(Daravi)I hvae noticed that a lot of ooc communciation woud have been better served icly, even if it was just a mail or two."
Margaux claims, "But not the only thing."
Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.
Takta asks, "(Vandagan)Consider open communication with people whenever you can, because often times people aren't trying to hurt or upset you - but in this forum, a lot of people probably spend time wondering "Are they talking about me?""
Kinaed claims to Takta, "(Eld)I don't mind them coming out as general reminders/thoughts, but I agree a few direct, private conversations might not be a bad thing to deal with specific problem areas."
Takta grins.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I think people who wonder that might be a hint paranoid."
Elzenn states, "(Hillman)What's more, some concerned people may actually be going 'Heh, not my concern', if this is only vaguely addressed and not pointed out to them directly. They are probably not doing these things on purpose."
Kinaed exclaims, "(Eld)Sorry, if you're all wondering that!"
Kinaed ducks.
Rimilde states, "I try to have direct conversations with people, and in cases those are the times where the issue comes out, maybe it's me...I don't know, maybe it's best to have someone to mediate, I am open to suggestions."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Well, I do offer my services to mediate if ever required."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Or just desired."
Silrie doesn't like upsetting people oocly so is more apt to hide and fret. LOL
Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Anything else to add before we jump in to Player Topics? :)"
Kinaed nods at Silrie.
Azarial finishes her note.
Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)We're all of different personalities on that. But I will say that if you don't communicate the issues, there's not much to be done because the status quo probably won't change without some sort of action."
Silrie smiles at Kinaed.
Silrie states, "I think I'm learning, both icly and oocly to be more open with people. And patient as well. Funny what ic trials can teach you oocly as well."
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)One thing I'd like to suggest..."
Azarial nods at Silrie.
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)With the GLs in particular who are finding that they're a bit busy with a lot of stuff on their plates, maybe try to delegate some of the people jumping up and down for your attention to your guild members?"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)It might not be as awesome for the person trying to meet with you to be told that you're terribly busy, so Jane is there to help them instead, but it spreads the RP love around a bit, frees the GLs up some to focus on high impact matters, and tests out your guild members for promotion."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, Player Topics :)"
Kinaed wonders to Faith, "(Eld)You're up first. Thank you for your patience - please introduce your topic/query?"
Faith states, "My topic is simple, just wondering if we can get a prompt on our hotbar that shows we have Prestige up. I've run ito a few problems where I thought it was up, but it wasn't, and there is no way for me to check it."
Takta claims, "(Vandagan)A general command to see how you look in the room would be great."
Takta claims, "(Vandagan)I know we've discussed that before, but it'd solve this and a toooon of other problems."
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)I thought we had that on the board or something? *headscratch*"
Gretel just met a noble with prestige down, while he was wearing the prestigious item.
Takta states to Kinaed, "(Vandagan)I'm not 100% sure it ever went from idea to conceptualization, but it might be on bugs."
Kinaed asks, "(Eld)We can make the 'action' bar in score reflect exactly what you show in the room?"
Takta says, "(Vandagan)Yeah, that'd be awesome."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay, let's take that as an action item."
Kinaed claims to Faith, "(Eld)Thanks for raising that, we're on it."
Gretel liked the proposed idea to see ourself at third person in the room.
Kinaed claims to Gretel, "(Eld)I'm not sure how we can do that easily."
Danae is idle.
Danae is no longer idle.
Danae has returned from AFK.
Faith claims, "Np"
Gretel understands.
Kinaed questions to Silrie, "(Eld)Alright, you're up - what's your topic? Care to introduce us? :)"
Silrie muses, "Okay, 3 things. I was wondering, would it be possible to put in an "objects" or a "contents" command for rooms, so we can see what objects are there without having to look at the entire description again? This gets really spammy if you have to scroll with a screen reader but need to look at objects for whatever reason during rp. Also, I just thought of this, maybe as a tip in recipes for manacles and safes and stuff, since I don't think safes do it either, can we put down a note that they don't lock unless you purchase a lockable object? I think that's how it works? I could be missing a note, but I don't believe I saw one in the recipe itself. And for my last thing, can we have a %m prompt added or something to see if we have a waiting messenger. I've lost so many memssages simply due to not seeing the notification among the spam? Oh, and one more thing. Can we perhaps one day be able to set ic reminders. Like, midnight of every day, go collect sales records from your shop, etc? if you're online?"
Kinaed has transferred Gaven. [OOC]
Takta claims to Silrie, "(Vandagan)You should see messengers waiting on your prompt."
Takta says, "(Vandagan)You can use brief to turn off seeing room descs on look."
Silrie says, "I guess that's 4."
Azarial claims, "(Daravi)At this time, recipes for locking items are not workable."
Zaerieth agrees with silri on the screen reader thing, highly anoying
Azarial says, "(Daravi)I need to rewrite how locks work befoire that can work"
Silrie claims, "Brief just turns off room descs when walking, not looking."
Silrie asks, "For me anyway?"
Takta pontificates, "(Vandagan)My mistake!"
Temi nods.
Takta questions, "(Vandagan)Perhaps brief could be edited?"
Azarial asks, "(Daravi)Messages should be showing in the prompt?"
Takta states, "(Vandagan)That seems like the easiest way to put in that functionality."
Elzenn gives a mounted toy knight Crossed Swords and Chalice on her cape to Gaven.
Temi claims, "For locks, they either have to all work on the same key, or be keyed by staff."
Margaux says, "I use brief for walking around but want to be able to look at the current room and see the full desc."
Silrie says, "No no."
Silrie states, "I mean."
Takta states, "(Vandagan)Can toggle brief on and off."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)The problem with the objects command is that some objects are hidden intentionally and only described through room descs, etc. A hidden compartment in that desk shouldn't just be revealed because someone typed a contents command."
Takta says, "(Vandagan)But I guess that might be annoying."
Silrie says, "For manacles, can you put a note for those who might not know that they don't lock unles X Y or Z is done."
Silrie claims, "In the recipe. Ooc note at the bottom or something."
Maiken queries to Kinaed, "Is there a hidden flag for items like those that might be exempt from contents command?"
Silrie claims, "I use a custom prompt, not the standard."
Silrie states, "I use ... what is it, @X. @h. @v. @x."
Takta trails off, "(Vandagan)You may need to include that specific option in your potmpt, then. Which is it..."
Takta wonders, "(Vandagan)I think it's f?"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I believe it is %f"
Silrie states, "All right, thanks so much. And you have a point about the hidden things. Didn't consider that."
Danae has lost link.
Takta says, "(Vandagan)We could put a note in recipes, maybe typoboard that for a reminder."
Kinaed states, "(Eld)I do think %f probably needs to be broken down into constituent parts, but it's probably not something we'll look at soon. Re: Screenreaders - if this is a problem, I think we need to fix it."
Temi nods in agreement with Takta.
Zaerieth says OOCly, "I just want anything, that will cut down on the amount of spam we get"
Takta muses, "(Vandagan)Maybe look objects to just show the normal objects part, what a person would usually be able to see on look minus the desc?"
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I'm just thinking a 'contents' command is probably too obvious and will replace searching for many players as well as ruin existing building set ups that builders had put together... so we'll need an alternative solution."
Kinaed nods.
Takta states, "(Vandagan)Like regular look but it just gags the desc."
Silrie claims, "That'd be great."
Kinaed says to Takta, "(Eld)Please do add a few notes to obj recipes where people think things might lock."
Takta nods.
Kinaed nods at Takta.
Kinaed says to Takta, "(Eld)That's probably a good idea, and pretty easy to implement (I expect)."
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)Okay, I think that covered all of Silrie's items..."
Kinaed muses to Zaerieth, "(Eld)You had a topic? Care to introduce us? :)"
Zaerieth states, "I just want to say in general. I totally get, when dealing with ahalin rp, if someone is asked to hold off on a line of rp do to plot reasons, but remember, that this effects the player in there as well."
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Hold off on a line of RP?"
Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Why would that be necessary or appropriate to ask someone to do OOCly?"
Zaerieth says, "Sometimes they can't log on, and that's another matter, but when they are on, I think we need to make a point to rp with them. otherwise, they are wasting their time"
Kinaed says to Zaerieth, "(Eld)I do agree - it's important to prioritize RP with players in jail."
Dazen states, "Someone's in Ahalen and the Order was asked not to review them until the Knights had a chance to do what they needed to do, since the fact that he's in there at all was leaked icly. and it was asked icly."
Takta says, "(Vandagan)I believe you have had the all-clear on that one for days."
Takta says, "(Vandagan)From my knowledge of the situation."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I would think that someone being reviewed too quickly because they didn't wait for someone else would be a reasonable logistical issue to arise."
Zaerieth claims, "This isn't ment to be an issue against order or knights, more a general reminder."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)I don't think this stuff should be OOCly coordinated."
Maiken states, "I got stuck in a off the beaten path cathedral once for my character's protection for months ic.. Only had one visitor, and they had other things to do so that definitely makes a difference. I can tell you the people in jail or isolated would appreciate it."
Azarial says to Maiken, "(Daravi)All prisoners should be held in the tower, so if nothing else they can rp wiht each other"
Zaerieth states to Kinaed, "I only brought it up, because I've had chars in ahalin, and I know how frustrating it can be is all. not trying to influence oocly. again, just a general reminder"
Azarial starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)
A one-inch thick candle made of softly golden beeswax, held by Gretel flickers.
Gretel snuffs a one-inch thick candle made of softly golden beeswax.
Maiken states to Azarial, "Good deal, cause that was so sad back in the day to be so isolated not of my own doing and unable to actually RP 95% of the time I was online."
Azarial finishes her note.
Azarial says, "(Daravi)You can also alt and chase around that way"
Maiken says to Azarial, "I did, but at the time was my own character."
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I think I'm lacking in context to really understand what's happened and what you're referring to, so I'll let it alone. That said, RP being coordinated OOCly has to have certain limits. It's legitimate to say "Let's meet at 9am because that's when I'm free" or "hey, free to RP?" - but coordinating like "Please let the Knights do X before I do Y so we can really make sure of Z outcome" isn't okay."
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Just saying that in a general sense."
Dazen states, "It was asked icly."
Dazen nods.
Kinaed says to Dazen, "(Eld)Asking ICly is always okay :)"
Kinaed nods at Dazen.
Dazen smiles.
Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, we have five minutes left. I think we've covered everything. I'd like to ask everyone to please vote for TI by going to the links on the upper left hand side of our webpage here: http://ti-legacy.com"
Kinaed declaims, "(Eld)If you turn on 'autovote', you'll get occasional reminders, and that will help us attract more players for us to play with!"
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)So please help with that."
Kinaed queries, "(Eld)Anyone have any other announcements? Shameless plugs? Happy news?"
Rimilde states, "Just a thanks to staff for always been there to listen and help, it's meant a lot and yeah, thank you. "
Kinaed smiles.
Kinaed claims to Rimilde, "(Eld)Glad to be of assistance."
Elzenn declaims, "(Hillman)Leave pants on the windowsill for your favourite staffers and read your notes!"
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)Oh yes! Reminds me..."
Maiken squeezes the doll at its centre and the toy horse gives a squeaky whinny.
Silrie claims, "My daughter turns 3 tomorrow! Shameless plug."
Elzenn states to Maiken, "(Hillman)Thank you. Very a propos."
Maiken pontificates to Silrie, "Grats!"
Maiken nods at Elzenn.
Silrie grins.
Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Policy issue came up this week where a player got killed and I had to trace cnotes back a few layers. Please remember, if you kick off a pkill, even if you don't actually wield the dagger/sword/magic/poison... you need to have cnotes in place."
Kinaed says to Silrie, "(Eld)Oh, that's lovely. Three year olds are adorable. :)"
Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)I hope she enjoys her birthday."
Zaerieth nods (OOC Emote)
Silrie smiles at Kinaed.
Silrie says, "Whoa, wait wait"
Silrie queries, "A player died?"
Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)If you don't have cnotes in place, whereas the killer might, if it says "Killed him because of <your character>", and I check your character's cnotes... and there are none..."
Temi exclaims, "Character!"
Kinaed says to Silrie, "(Eld)Character! A character died last week. Whoops."
Silrie declares, "I knew that. LOL! I was like, omg! How can I help!"
Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay everyone - thank you for spending this hour with us."
Kinaed pontificates, "(Eld)I'm about to throw everyone back onto the IC grid. Enjoy your RP!"
Kinaed pontificates to Maiken, "(Eld)Welcome back!"
Jemven pontificates, "(Tubori)Thank you for the gifts Santa(s)!"

• Information