Log of OOC Meeting 12/5/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Temi claims, "Next, agenda. We'll do 1) Staff Updates, 2) Player Heartbeat, 3) Player topics."

Ankur says, "Didn't find it in score yet, still searching."

Temi queries, "Does anyone have topics they want to add onto the agenda to start?"

Ofelia shakes her head.

Gretel trails off, "If nobody has, I can add a little one..."

Silrie says, "It's at the end of the xp string hun."

Temi claims, "Okay. I'll put Gretel on the list."

Silrie says, "In score."

Gretel thanks temi.

Temi claims, "If you come up with more ideas as we get going, let me know and I'll add you in."

Temi has transferred Rimilde. [OOC]

Elzenn gives a slim, frosted glass bottle of wine with a whimsical label to Rimilde.

Temi exclaims, "I'll start with staff updates then!"

Temi says, "I did... very little this last week."

Temi claims, "Little bits of RPA an notes and such. And I think I'm going to be looking at the Vavardi files when I can get some wherewithall together."

[Action: Silrie sits in her castle on a cloud, listening. ]

Temi asks, "Okay. Az! Do you have an update for us?"

Azarial states, "I';ve been wpokring on tracking, but i need better numbers. so i've been clearing bugs. today i hvae put in a major combat change to fix a few small issues, so there are liekly to be other subtly and not so subtle issues floating around."

Temi nods.

Temi says, "So keep an eye out for combat behaving wonky."

Temi asks, "Okay. Elzenn, can you give us an update?"

Elzenn nods.

Elzenn says, "I have been doing the standard puttering away at reqs/recs and the like. I am also working at getting my ducks in the proverbial line for some plotly happenings, which we'll hopefully be able to kick off soon. So keep your eyes peeled and your ear on the ground."

Elzenn declares, "Buy some pearls to clutch from your friendly neighbourhood jeweler, all that. That's all for me!"

Temi wonders, "Great, thanks! Takta?"

Takta says, "I have a shameful lack of activity to report this week as my semester draws to a close, but I'm excited to get back on the ball after my last school-related stuff clears up a little more. Az has massaged the code needed for the skyway, so I think we're only a short way away from officially opening that up! I'll make it my biggest priority going forward."

Takta declares, "(That's about it!)"

Rimilde sits down and rests.

Temi trails off, "Okay... I think that's all the staffers we have here today..."

Temi peers around for any hiding in shadows.

Ankur states, "Hehehe"

Temi asks, "So then, next agenda item! Player heartbeat. How has RP been this week? Anything bothering you guys that staff need to know about, especially anything we need to address?"

Silrie gives smoked goat and fresh rosemary cheese atop barley flatbread to Rimilde.

Misune has been non-existant this last week, so can't really comment

Tomas states, "Rp has been interesting"

Silrie states, "That's one word for it, yeah."

Ofelia claims, "No complaints on my side. Lots of mail."

Estone states, "I've seen my RP doing well, though I'm still seeing very few populated public rooms, and am concerned about it being difficult for players without a lot of threads to grab at finding RP."

Jemven declares, "Rp has been well to me!"

Temi nods at Estone.

Takta declaims, "Nascent plot will hopefully help encourage people to get out there more!"

Gretel had a surprisingly fun week, considering she did not do much to seek rp.

Takta asks, "But we're also open to any other suggestions?"

Temi muses, "Have people who consider themselves to be in that situation experienced that?"

Elzenn has a weird, evil smile. "It will do that."

Misune arches brow "Nascent plot?"

Rimilde pauses, "there has been some interesting bits, and have been trying to share that as much as possible with folks...Did notice something, if I may?"

Tomas states, "I should have something coming up soon for plotty stuff"

Ankur claims, "Hey, I'm too new to give that sort of feedback, but I really do want to say this. I really appreciate the staff for keeping this sort of meeting regularly. It gives me an impression that it's a close-knit group in here and that you guys are pretty transparent."

Takta claims to Misune, "A plot's on its way in. Still in planning."

Temi nods at Rimilde.

Silrie looks through Ankur because transparency!

Silrie grins.

Misune googles Nascent "Oh... well that makes more sense."

Ankur grins.

Takta exclaims to Ankur, "Thanks. :) We try!"

Temi states to Ankur, "We definitely try for that! It's something that's important to us."

Jemven begins googling Nascent...

Estone nods towards all of the staffy types, "That's awesome! I've not much in the way of solutions - it was just an observation. I had issues with as much before I really got rolling, which is where the concern came from. Other people are probably better about finding resolutions than I though."

Ankur states, "To Temi I noticed"

Ankur claims to Temi, "I noticed"

Rimilde says OOCly, "I've come to a number of scenes, where someone is calling people in, this is great. What I would suggest to make it more enjoyable for the people coming in and the person bringing them in, is taking a moment to set the scene. Provide people with details, we don't mind waiting if it's to set the story. Maybe it's not the case, but I've been in a few now, where people half way through point stuff out about what the scene looks like, that would be good t the beginning. Minor detail, but it really helps flesh out a story and we can give you more, and vice versa..."

Rimilde says OOCly, "Er"

Rimilde claims, ""I need coffee. "

Temi has transferred Lueta. [OOC]

Temi nods at Rimilde.

Estone says, "Oh! One other small thought, add me to the list. :)"

Temi claims, "Good hint for people Okay, Estone, got you."

Kinaed steps out of your shadow. [OOC]

Elzenn gives a slim, frosted glass bottle of wine with a whimsical label to Lueta.

Temi queries to Kinaed, "Hi Kinky! We're just finishng upplayer heartbeat. Did you have any update you want to throw in?"

Ankur says, "To temi There really was a staffer in the shadow."

Temi states to Ankur, "You have to look for these things."

Ankur grins.

Lueta exclaims, "Oh, thanks, but I don't drink! What a pretty room, though!"

Kinaed states to Temi, "Thanks! I haven't done much lately except policy cases. Sorry for being late.. I thought it was scheduled for 30 min from now."

Lueta gives a slim, frosted glass bottle of wine with a whimsical label to Elzenn.

Farra claims, "On that note, utilizing actions and moods in large scenes is very, very, very useful for doing these. I know I love building details over time, but if there's an important detail they should be well-known at a quick glance."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Please carry on."

Temi wonders to Kinaed, "Do you want to take over, or have me keep running?"

Elzenn pontificates to Lueta, "It's the OOC meeting gift, which changes weekly, but suit yourself!"

Rimilde nods with Farra, "I agree."

Estone nods with Farra.

Farra exclaims, "(help action and help mood are awesome helpfiles, for our newer additions to the mud!)"

Rimilde claims, ""That's exactly what I mean:)"

Kinaed states to Temi, "Please keep running. :)"

Temi declaims, "Okay, let's move on to player topics then!"

Ankur claims, "Could I ask an RP related question, since all of you guys are here right now."

Kinaed nods at Ankur.

Temi says, "Sure."

Silrie claims, "Ah, and quick question on that last topic."

Temi nods at Silrie.

Temi asks, "Yep?"

Silrie queries, "Can we get examples of the sorts of things we should be including and stuff in our actions, and like, if someone new enters? I know I've been in scenes where we just kind of continue and everyone's like, doi? so do you just kind of mean, reiterating briefly in a pose what is happening?"

Ankur wonders, "I'm trying to develop my Charalin RP. On the website it says that they have a different sense of honesty. Say one thing but mean another, sorta like lying. Is that really how it's played out, do I like say stuff with multiple meanings and mislead people?"

Kinaed states, "People usually include their positioning and whom they're speaking with. And if they have an pbvoous stance, like "looking tense" or "brandishing a blade""

Silrie queries, "Hmmm, I think that can be interpreted really widely. I think it would depend upon what your character sees as truth?"

Temi states, "If you think something would change how people would interact with the scene and it may continue for more than a moment, good to make sure that's included or obvious somehow."

Takta states to Silrie, "I like to pose anything that I can foresee being a critical detail to how new entries react."

Silrie claims, "Thanks Temi."

Farra says, "If I may? That, or updating an action/mood to reflect current positions and happenings. If two people are facing off in the tavern, and someone shows up and sees their action as 'is sitting at a table', it can get really confusing. So just try to be aware of your current action and update it if it's important to the scene."

Rimilde states, ""I think both are good, but with actions, if you generally change what you are doing, the action should reflect. It's like how someone would see you when they walk in the room, which can be important. It's good to have poses that catch people up. If you are doing something or something is visible they would notice. That's my opinion anyhow. I think this really helps bring people in, regardless if their familiarity. "

Estone exclaims to Silrie, "Acts are nice for giving a snapshot of what's going on in the moment -- leaning against the table, juggling, curbstomping turkeys.. Mood is nice for giving an immediate idea of the state of a room - oh look, flipped tables and broken things! Important stuff to observe upon stepping into a scene!"

Silrie smiles at Takta.

Temi claims to Ankur, "It's more flavor than any rule on how you have to play your character."

Lueta queries, "Perhaps people should have more specific actions poses?"

Takta says, "I personally like to use scene-setting poses too rather than just action, myself, since action is short and lacking in detail."

Farra claims to Ankur, "Just because a race tends to a specific stereotype, doesn't mean you have to play that stereotype."

Kinaed says, "That was intended they are very literal about the truth. So they may give mosleading answers because you asked the wrong questions. So long as what they say is factual, they feel honest and have no need to further claeify for someone who may have gotten the weong impression."

Farra nods in agreement with Takta.

Temi says to Ankur, "It would definitely be great to encompass in your RP if you could have fun with it, and that's probably how I'd approach it, like you mentioned, but there's options."

Ankur claims to Temi, "I got that, but I wanted to develop a more fleshed out character that's inline with the theme of the game."

Silrie questions, "So like, instead of, Bob is by the bar, more like, Bob is standing at the bar, leaning forward with his face in Tomas's, glaring? XD"

Temi nods in agreement with Ankur.

Rimilde nods and grins at Silrie.

Ankur smiles at Temi.

Kinaed states, "Apologies for my spelling. It's the joy of being on a mobile phone."

Estone states, "Where's Safir, when you need a Charalian to point to towards when describing these things.."

Takta claims, "That bit on the webpage is definitely a little unclear."

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Ofelia claims to Silrie, "Essentially. Ideally someone who walks in would be walking into a scene where they see certain things and can get an idea of what's going on at a glance."

Takta says, "We could definitely stand to reword it to get the idea across."

Farra states to Silrie, "Especially anything aggressive/combatative."

Ofelia states, "Or not to use a recent example, or if a giant slab of ice had just exploded everywhere."

Ofelia claims, "Shards."

Gretel says to Ankur "I believe that characters find their behaviour with interacting with others... Roleplay with other charali could help, though, there are so few charali actually...".

Ofelia hems-hems.

Silrie pontificates, "Frozen gone wild, Inquisition style!"

Silrie exclaims, "We're getting bigger!"

Gretel says to Takta "I would appreciate that part be re-worded, since I barely understand it too".

Ankur has lost link.
Ankur has reconnected.

Takta queries, "Honestly, reading it now myself, I'm thinking 'What did the original author mean?'"

Silrie trails off, "Gretel, Darley, Ankur, Silrie... though I haven't seen Darley about in a bit"

Takta says, "Kinaed's summary makes a lot more sense."

Takta grins.

Lueta questions, "So, perhaps action poses should include not just action poses, but the mood the char as well?"

Kinaed says to Ankur, "Basically, the Charali are extremely independent individuals. It's not their responsibility in their minds to ensure someone else understands or gets what they want from them. It's the other person's responsibility. "

Silrie nods.

Elzenn states to Lueta, "It should include what people can see. The level of detail is really up to you."

Takta claims, "A lot of our racial and regional helpfiles are a little older, and we've been slowly reworking them over time."

Lueta nods gratefully to elzenn.

Gretel never met Darley nor Ankur... (timezone...).

Takta claims, "So if anything's confusing or nonsensical, feel free to bring it up on the forums or in typo-boards and we can try to turn our attentions that way."

Ankur states, "To Kinaed The first thing that came to my mind when I read that bit on the site was about marketing. They twist information and present and facts to sell something."

Lueta muses, "I'm wondering, what would the Hill people call their own language? Or are they a bunch of different languages? Also, how dangerous/mild are the Hills?"

Silrie states to Gretel, "We just need to have a Charali bash at the camp."

Kinaed says to Ankur, "They're definitely not above it."

Lueta states, "And what would we call our Hill region in general? Surely not the "Hills.""

Ankur rubs his hands together with an evil smile

Takta states, "The Hillmen generally come from the Tarn Mountains, so they might call them the Tarns instead."

Silrie keeps an eye on that one.

Lueta claps her hands, "Aha! Of course."

Takta says, "They presumably have one unified language because that's how code presents it, but likely dialects from area to area."

Elzenn says to Lueta, "We allow people a pretty great deal of creative freedom when it comes to the finer points of their origin. If you want to call your part of the mountains 'the Valley' or 'the Bend' or what have you, we really wouldn't mind."

Silrie says, "Oo, I had fun imagining those in my mind during Sil's trip."

Silrie states, "Pretty region"

Farra claims to Ankur, "It's also important, however, to keep in mind that Charali aren't viewed with the same status within the Kingdom as those from established Duchies. Charali are looked down on by many as uncivilized barbarians."

Gretel says to Silrie "I can't manage to log in during the usual feasts, but that would be great !".

Takta trails off, "And the Hills are pretty rough living. Lithmore's cold enough already, let alone in the mountains..."

Temi asks, "Okay. We've got a few people with topics still. Shall we go onto those?"

Misune ponders if Hillmen are still looked upon higher than Daravi

Farra says to Misune, "Yes."

Lueta says, ""Thanks for the answers.""

Temi questions, "Alright, Gretel! You had something small?"

Ankur claims to Farra, "I've read that, yes. I mainly chose this race cause they're considered ignorant and I dunno a lot about this game yet. I figured I might as well adapt my RP to it"

Farra grins at Ankur.

Silrie states, "I did the exact. Same. Thing, Ankur. No worries."

Silrie states, "Just please don't make the mistakes I did XD"

Lueta states to Ankur, "Yeah, me too."

Ankur asks, "To Silrie oh?"

Ankur wonders

Gretel says "yes, to fill the gap: Gretel is living outside the city, and I found really difficult to feed her: she needs more energy to find food, wood, light the fire, cook, than she receives while she eats. I know there's no easy issue, though".

Silrie states, "Don't scream at nobles. It not goods."

Silrie questions, "Foraging?"

Takta says to Gretel, "Sleep can restore MV too, and a lot of food is... we make it not necessary to avoid sheer tedium, in a nutshell."

Gretel says, "Walking in the places to forage interesting things (like wood)."
Takta grins.

Lueta says, "Ooh! My character is good at foraging! She could bump into your character and help. She'd probably also enjoy the more familiar out-doors setting."

Elzenn says to Gretel, "The terrain outside the city will sap your MV where the city does not, so it'll definitely be a lot more upkeep for her, living outside of the city."

Ankur smiles at Hunapo.

Lueta trails off, "Also, my char is kinda homeless....."

Silrie says, "You could run into Sil again as well. She can cook for you, make you movement food or something, and there is always the food at the camp"

Gretel is a good forager too. Yet, I had to let her sleep during several hours, or eat dozen of honey crocks several times.

Silrie says, "Awww"

Ankur muses, "Do our characters die if they run out of food?"

Farra states, "(Players are allowed a single-room player home for free, after a bit of time spent in the game. help home gives some details.)"

Takta states, "Eating here is entirely 'cosmetic'."

Elzenn says to Ankur, "It's useful for restoring energy, but, yeah, not needed."

Ankur claims, "Thanks, it's good to know."

Temi says, "Cooking and such is designed to even out to an advantage in mv returns, but we don't necessarily have lots of wandering figured into that. Low level ingredient items may not be aimed for that balance though. I don't think crocks of honey are really designed for eating straight"

Lueta questions to Farra, "Yeah, but my character is also a child. It doesn't seem logical that she'd just be given a room, even if she did have the money. Right?"

Takta states to Lueta, "Old enough to be working on her own, though."

Silrie says, "From what I was told, Lue, it has to be something your char could ... reasonably get. Like when sil got her workshop, I rp'ed it like she got a loan."

Farra pontificates to Lueta, "You could make it a crappy waddle square in Southside, something that was abandoned that Lueta found and claimed for herself. Lots of options for phomes!"

Lueta states to Takta, "Yes, and she certainly considers herself and adult."

Rimilde pauses, "Could also do your room as part of the camp."

Takta nods at Farra.

Takta says, "Doesn't have to be anything you 'bought', for sure. Just a reasonable setup."

Silrie states, "Oo, very true"

Lueta declaims to Farra, "Ooh, good idea!"

Takta says, "We're very flexible. :)"

Ofelia says, "The limit is really what you can pitch."

Misune rolls shoulders "Alrighty so what I wanted to bring up is regarding the price of books. Now we all know it can get costly depending on how many pages it has, but at what point does it become just a bit unreasonable. For a real example, there is currently a book in the auction house... The Knights book of virtues if my memory serves me right, that can be bought for one low, low price of 3000 silver." Pauses for dramatic effect. "To me this seems rather unrealistic even given the rough time era TI is based on. Considering it costs less to have a room made of stone added to your mansion, than it is to buy that book. And I'm assuming that price is based upon what it would take to scribe it.

Misune says OOCly, "Crap.... ignore that"

Misune says OOCly, "Hit enter button to early"

Silrie winces

Temi queries, "Well, I think we were about good with that. Shall we go onto Misune's question?"

[OOC] Lurky curses up a storm at how close the bloody quotation button is to the enter button

Ankur claims, "Sure"

Takta claims to Misune, "That book is an outlier because it's gilded."

Takta grins.

Elzenn claims, "The book in the auction house is an outlier, though, if I am not mistaken. (I -think- it is gilded or some weird other ultra expensive quirk."

Takta says, "Most books cost 150-500."

[OOC] Farraway: "#Rekt"

[OOC] Murr pats.
Takta nods at Elzenn.

Elzenn is Takta's echo.

Ankur claims, "I was thinking though, what amount of money in TI is considered to be a lot"

Rimilde nods and was wondering why that book was so much....

Ofelia states, "As someone who plays a character with a debilitating spending habit; there are things that should be expensive, given context, though."

Silrie looks at help outlier

Takta claims to Ankur, "Depends on who you ask, really. One threshold is what you get from purchase wealth, which indicates a person has a lot of money for their class."

[OOC] Lurky: "That same mistakes happens to me more than I care to admit"

Silrie claims, "Or not."

Silrie shushes ofelia. don't give them any more ideas

Silrie claims, "XD"

Farra claims, "Look at how much you make in automatic weekly income as a freeman, then imagine spending 3000 silver on a book. You can probably figure it out."

Takta claims, "By that threshold, a freeman with 5000 silver is rich, a gentry with 25000 silver is rich, and a noble with 15000 silver is rich. (Or is 10k? Whatever.)"

Ankur says to Ofelia, "I'll seek you out, should I ever make Ankur a merchant."

Ofelia grins at Ankur.

Gretel is poor.

Takta says, "A silk outfit might run you about 800 silver; a stone mansion could easily run you 20,000 silver."

Ofelia is never rich for very long.

Farra exclaims, "(10k for nobles!)"

Ankur is even poorer, all he has is sand in his pockets

Farra nods in agreement with Ofelia.

Takta exclaims to Ankur, "Gives you something to strive for!"

Takta grins.

Lueta is same as Ankur.

Elzenn declaims to Ankur, "Live the Lithmorran dream!"

Misune makes a note that his home, made of stone in wilhem cost him about 15,000 silver to make

Lueta laughs.

Ankur grins at Takta.

Temi says, "We try to have standard things at all levels available for good costs, but also to have luxuries available that may be stretch goals and expensive. Fancy, gilded books is definitely a stretch thing... and I happen to believe that books in general should be considered a luxury item."

Ofelia states to Misune, "Yeah, but you don't have to show off, man."

Silrie keeps ofelia close. Mine!

Farra says, "(As a general reminder, you CAN use XP to purchase silver at a flat rate.)"

Farra nods in agreement with Temi.

Lueta muses, "What about the library? I tried to take a book off the shelf, and couldn't. This is a noob question, I guess, but it checking out books a thing?"

Farra says, "I personally think even a basic book should be as expensive as a really good steel weapon; maybe that's just me, though."

Takta states to Lueta, "Nope - WAY too rare and expensive for that."

Takta says, "You go there and read them, but wouldn't be allowed to take them."

Silrie winces.

Lueta states to Takta, "Dang"

Ankur queries to Farra, "Are most of the lower classes in Lithmore supposed to be illiterate?"

Takta claims, "Remember, every book that exists in this game had to be hand-written by someone ICly."

Takta grins.

Kinaed says to Lueta, "You can read them there... like the reference section of most libraries. I think hecking out is a modern invention."

Temi claims to Farra, "Not just you, but we've made some compromises on it."

Farra claims to Ankur, "No. Reading and writing is common place, but owning a copy of book -- which requires many, many hours of a scribe's work -- shouldn't be common place."

Takta states, "And though codewise they're only, say, 10 pages long, we are bending realism somewhat there; they are meant to be considered whole books, it's just nobody wants to write or read an entire book."

Lueta claims, "Honestly, though, I really like the concept. As far as a game called "Inquisition" goes, I think it's cool that it's so hard to obtain knowledge"

Farra nods in agreement with Takta.

Misune ponders how reasonable it would be for someone to try to icly play that role of 'scribe'

Takta trails off, "Considering how hard books are to get..."

Ankur nods in agreement with Lueta.

Kinaed says, "We have had people come to staff and ask to scribe library books at a cost if you want a copy of something in particular."

Lueta raises hand. "That would be fun for me, Misuna

Takta says, "If you used the scribe command to copy existing books, you could probably resell at greater than the base value."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Sorry, Misune [Lueta]

Misune asks, "But doesn't that not only cost silver but also 10 qp for the staff assistance?"

Silrie looks intrigued.

Takta states, "There's pretty good interest in book buying among the wealthier folk, I think."

Takta states to Misune, "Only for no-take books."

Farra pontificates, "Think about who might need a scribe: nobility, wealthy gentry. Go and ask them ICly, some of them might be open to the idea of hiring a scribe! (Hint hint wink wink)"

Ofelia says, "Once you have a loose copy of a book you can scribe it yourself, though."

Takta trails off, "If you find somebody who already has a normal copy..."

Estone starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Takta claims, "(We occasionally have put books on sale at the Bookstore)"

Kinaed states, "I think it-s 3 QP for something like that."

Silrie races for farra's house ... or maybe town hall to try finding out where that is

Misune states, "Well I was going off of kinaed's comment. "

Hunapo says, "Reeves also have clerks... I am just saying."

Farra nods in agreement with Hunapo.

Ofelia just sits on her pile of books. "Huh? Scribes?"

Estone finishes his note.

Takta claims, "With enough QP and patience you could do it that way too, sure, RPA to copy a book, sell copies from your copy until it'd paid for itself."

Silrie giggles.

Takta says, "But many books are already in the libraries of guilds, nobles, and gentry."

Takta grins.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Ankur questions, "RPA?"

Estone says, "And it requires a lot of folks buying it from you too. ^_^"

Kinaed says, "Roleplay Assistance. HELP RPA"

Misune shrugs to Takta "I could see that... but me personally I find qp too hard to come by to waste on things like that

Elzenn states to Ankur, "Role Play Assistance lets you ask for help when something is not doable without staff assistance."

Ankur pontificates, "Oh!"

Misune hence the reason why he hardly ever, ever uses rpa

Lueta pontificates, "Aw man, imagine someone making it their life's work to scribe books and build a library for the masses! That would be excellent roleplay""

Estone exclaims, "I'm still trying to hit 200 QP. I'll get it one day!"

Farra queries, "Library for the masses -- like the Library in the north of Lithmore? ;)"

Kinaed claims, "Basically staff will help you do realistic things that you can't codeise do like climb out a window or look for information about a crime scene... but for QP."

Ofelia wonders to Estone, "What will your statue of yourself look like?"

Temi states, "Okay, we had another question from Estone? And getting towards the end of our time."

Ankur nods at Temi.

Lueta pontificates to Farra, "But like you say, there's only one copy of each book, and you can't take it home, right? Those things are more important than one might think!"

Ankur claims, "To lueta Considering that you're homeless, you could make the library your home"

Ankur states, "Problem solved"

Lueta states to Ankur, "Perfect"

Ofelia claims to Lueta, "Not quite, a lot of copies of the books exist around, the ones in the library are just free for everyone to consult."

Ofelia says, "Because, really, if they were loose, they would not come back."

Silrie nods.

Lueta states, "I played a mud where there was a fining system."

Lueta says, "But nevermind, this is just my imagination overflowing"

Temi queries to Estone, "You had a question/topic?"

Ankur claims to Lueta, "That's never a bad thing"

Estone says to Takta, "Yes! Am writing --"

Temi nods.

Estone claims, "I've been feeling a little frustrated by how cliquish I've seen a lot of events and scenes end up being -- with regards to inclusion of players outside of certain circle. It's very easy to reasonably argue as to why a gaggle of Reeves/Knights/Nobles/etc wouldn't just involve another PC, or why your personal circle isn't opening their doors to other folk for fear of repercussions, or secrets getting out, or your plots being ruined. But in the bigger picture, it really ends up forcing those not involved out of the fun stuff that they've come here to find, and frankly, gets to be very frustrating when you're playing from the side of things where others are pushing you out for the sake of furthering their own ends at the expense of everyone else's play."

Estone claims, "And this is really me just airing a feeling I've had -- I've no straightforward solutoins or anything along those lines, but really would like to hear what other folks thoughts are here."

Temi nods at Estone.

Temi muses, "If anyone has similar feelings or ideas on how to combat it?"

Silrie nods.

Takta claims, "I'm a bit torn there. TI runs on secrets."

Kinaed states, "I agree... as a community of good people, I think if behooves us to actively look for ways to RP inclusively, even if we have cliquish characters."

Takta trails off, "While of course it's good to include people in your RP whenever you can..."

Farra states, "I'm of the same opinion. And I'm as guilty as anyone for being the 'Callous Noble Who Doesn't Like Strangers' but a general opinion I have is: if you can do something with a PC instead of an NPC, give it a try. I recently decided to allow a PC into Farra's personal employ, and it's been wonderful fun."

Misune shrugs to Estone "I've noticed this for sometime, but ultimately I just stopped caring about because of various reasons better not brought up in chat."

Estone nods towards Takta.

Silrie states, "I think it's just that communication has to be a big thing for people in a big scene like that. Like, if you're seeking someone from a specific guild, make sure you mention you're seeking a specific person so someone else doesn't lose over an hour waiting for a scene they don't find."

Tomas says, "I am torn too. I mean I think that sometimes you -have- to not include people. it's the nature of having mages who are hunted and thieves and assassins. but at the same time I think in -general- RP could be more open"

Takta states, "We really can't and shouldn't expect every line of RP to be completely inclusive because that actually destroys the fun too, especially when it means a group of people who are meant to 'own' certain RP are losing hold of it."

Kinaed states, "I dont think RPing eith other people in any way endangers their secrets. No one wears their underwear on the outside."

Farra declares, "Speak for yourself, Kin! :("

Takta claims, "So including people whenever there isn't a compelling reason is great, but excluding people when there is a compelling reason, in my mind, ALSO feeds RP."

Ankur grins.

Estone muses to Kinaed, "But at what point does logging in to see every single scene on where taking place in a private room cross the line from wearing underwear on the inside, and become everyone hiding their underwear in their closet where nobody else can ever find it?"

Ofelia states, "I think there's a level of proactivity that we also all need to put in (and I will never claim not to be guilty of not doing it). But I have sat in public spots for hours and not had a single bite, and hosted events with super low attendance. I don't not have fun in smaller scenes, but there is a point wher everyone has to sort of try and meet halfway."

Kinaed claims to Takta, "Perhaps not every line, but a person can still be a snob and exclusive ICly whilst being inclusive OOCly with how they direct their text, etc. For my part, I don't want TI to be clique-y, and I imagine most players agree."

Ofelia claims, "Wanting interaction, but not finding the interaction available 'good enough' is a lame excuse."

Gretel nods, and as a newcommer, knows how difficult it is to enter the game, and roleplay something else that inn scenes. Yet, I think that there's not much to do, except be patient to find rp partners, and build a story with them.

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Estone nods with Ofelia.

Rimilde pauses, "I think it's possible to balance it, I think there are ways to bring people into most things, and sometimes there will be things that are only for a small group, which many times will end up bring in more people whether they mean to or not. I think it's really balance, and trying to engage people where you can, sometimes it's anyone, sometimes it's a couple people."

Misune trails off, "You may not want it to be that way but that is how is almost always is, as I've pointed out in the past..."

Kinaed states to Ofelia, "I can acknowledge that is also true."

Estone nods at Misune.

Kinaed claims to Ofelia, "I've experienced it myself."

Ofelia nods at Kinaed.

Hunapo says, "I would just like to say If you are on at X time of day and are wanting to RP but can't seem to find it. Odds are you aren't the only one. I gladly welcome anyone to send me a tell and we can work something out. If I can't RP then I'll let you know."

Hunapo says, "There is nothing wrong with scheduling RP times"

Ofelia states, "There really isn't. Mail/board are our friends."

Kinaed states, "I'd encourage small group RP to move out of public areas rather than stay in them and reject RP advances by others."

Lueta declaims, "Here, here!"

Kinaed nods at Hunapo.

Lueta claims to Kinaed, "That's more realistic RP, anyway."

Kinaed nods at Lueta.

Silrie muses, "Honestly, my main char right now is a bit of a recluse due to ic reasons, but totally, communication, everyone. Icly, she wasn't bugged by being passed over for a scene, and oocly, it wasn't what bothered me. It was a call for a physician, I answered, waited in triage for over an hour, then got swept by for ariel anyway when even he said to go. So icly, Sil doesn't mind. she's grown out of that. but oocly, just maybe make things clearer next time? I know I'm on a lot and it seems like I have no life, ahahahaha, I say it too, but just hanging around for an hour isn't fun either"

Temi says, "Though I do think part of the complaint is those small group things happening in private without being welcome to other people, and to some extent, I think that can't be fixed. Just ways to grab more, new people into those sorts of things, and other things that aren't those types."

Farra states, "I'd also mention, for those people in a Guild, reaching out ICly or OOCly to find time for people seeking the Guild can be very beneficial for everyone. It's very frustrating, as a new person, to be seeking a guild and not get many answers. Please, even if it's just in tells to give suggestions on how to find people, make people seeking your guild feel welcome."

Kinaed nods at Farra.

Silrie claims, "I try and make it a point to address any merchant seeker I might see, and it's actually made Sil meet new people she may otherwise have not have a reason to speak with"

Azarial says, "You can annotate your whois with your schedule"

Ankur nods in agreement with Farra.

Kinaed says, "There's a good chance that person may end up in your guild RPing with you later. "

Kinaed says, "Best to kick lff the relationship in a positive way."

Takta says, "I know I can often feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to meet all my private 'obligations', let alone my public ones."

Takta claims, "And I don't really know how to deal with that."

Takta says, "If you need to do X and Y and haven't RP'd with your character's close friends A and B in weeks, finding time for public RP seems impossible."

Estone nods towards Takta.

Farra states, "Again, even if that kick off is just a tell: 'I'm sorry I can't get into a scene with you!' can make a big difference for someone who might be just getting silence despite going through the proper steps. It happens."

Kinaed nods at Farra.

Rimilde nods with Takta, "I've had weeks like that too."

Temi wonders, "Well, we're a bit over time. Have we gotten to everything that people wanted to?"

Kinaed states to Takta, "I'd lay money this concern wasn't directed at you."

Lueta concurs with Azarial. "I think that's very important! It's also important to know what kind of RP the player is into or can deal with. Some people are busier than others. Some people like to plan stories, others wing it. Some people want deep relationships, others want something else. I think it would be great if the whois was utilized more, because it would really help me when I try to think about the directions I want my character to go."

Takta says, "Oh, probably, but I can't be the only one for whom that is almost ALWAYS the case."

Tomas claims to Takta, "That's how most of my weeks are too. and then there are the incidental, trying to get from point a to point b situations and getting caught up in things"

Takta nods at Tomas.

Misune says, "I know that speaking for a GL point of view, I've told seekers in tells before that while I may not be able to meet with them right then, that I have not forgotten about them"

Kinaed questions to Lueta, "Check whois RP preferences?"

Farra nods at Misune.

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Silrie nods at Tomas.

Silrie nods at Misune.

Estone nods to all of the above.

Silrie nods at Estone.

Farra nods at Estone.

Hunapo nods.

Lueta claims to Kinaed, "Most of the time when I check a whois, there isn't much information up there at all."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Thank you for running today. I'll adjust my clock."

Silrie states, "I think"

Silrie says, "And I'll make it quick"

Farra says OOCly, "I've got it in my whois that I want to be the victim of magic, but no mages have bit. :( Booooo."

Takta says, "It's worth noting that what seems like people being rude or ignoring you, etc, might really just be all sorts of different things, and we do well when we encourage proactivity on BOTH sides of the coin. And assuming the best of others. *grin*"

Temi says to Kinaed, "4 System the time you wanted to run it? Ie an hour ago. I think we were trying to set it to the time you wanted."

Estone declares, "Thank you for running the chat. Also! there's a Masquerade coming up today too! Woo!"

Takta claims, "At 7 PM EST/system."

Ofelia claims, "Get spooky! Or.. whatever your costume is."

Silrie claims, "And I am guilty of not whoising too, but to keep it up to date. I recently had some rp that was actually rather traumatizing oocly, when I did not think it would be. updating whois so people are aware too is good so that doesn't happen again."

Farra claims, "I thought it was at 8.. *checks*"

Silrie makes spooky faces at Ofelia.

Misune still has to get their character's fancy desc ready for it... sucks at fancy descs

Farra says OOCly, "I was wrong; 7!"

Lueta pontificates to Silrie, "D: Oh no, I'm so sorry!"

Kinaed states, "Also, a final note from me: if someone PKs you secretly, please keep it to yourself OOCly. It's a big deal to the RP of law enforcement and murderers if you tell people what happened and why, and especially who - like giving out spoilers to The Game of Thrones. "

Estone pontificates, "Oooh, I DO need to see about getting a desc swap made up for it! Thanks Misune :)"

Estone nods with Kinaed.

Ofelia declaims, "Definitely, desc swaps will make things more fun for the guessing!"

Estone claims, "It makes our RP much more enjoyable when things are still under wraps."

Misune wishes you better luck with yours than I'm having with mine

Silrie questions, "Is the masqerade already?"

Silrie says, "Wow."

Silrie states, "I'm so behind."

Temi declares, "Okay, sending people back then! Have fun with the event later today"

• Information