Log for ooc meeting 10/24/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Silrie

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:55 pm

Kinaed queries, "(Eld)Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics
Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Ofelia says, "I am confident I have seen two. Ofelia is also wearing one, but if my stretching of the pillbox is too much, I can have it changed easily enough."

Ofelia is quiet.

'I'll maike sure it makes it up this time. No errors with posting
Silrie claims, "I'll maike sure it makes it up this time. No errors with posting"

Kinaed has transferred Emma. [OOC]

Kinaed smiles at Silrie.

Kinaed states to Silrie, "(Eld)Thank you."

Temi gives a chewy caramel woodsman pressed into his shape to Emma.

Emma chuckles. "Thanks Temi."

Emma bites into her caramel woodsman, violently tearing off a piece with her teeth and then chewing on it for a goodly while.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, if no one has anything they would like to ensure that we discuss to add to the Agenda, I shall kick off the Staff Updates."

Kinaed has transferred Tomas. [OOC]

Temi gives a chewy caramel woodsman pressed into his shape to Tomas.

Emma's woodsman screams in agony. [Eilyn]

Kinaed states, "(Eld)For the most part, I did next to nothing last week. Still job searching, with something else pretty important cropping up. So, for the most part I've only checked in, ran through the recommend queue and handled anything that staff asked me to look at."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)On the good news, job searching is going well and it seems I've finally gotten some traction with my search."

Kinaed declares, "(Eld)That's all for me, Az you're up!"

Tomas pontificates to Kinaed, "Congrats! good luck!"

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)I've been sick this week, and taking care of sick kids."

Kinaed states to Tomas, "(Eld)Thank you :)"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I saw a few minor bug fixes on the board, however."

Kinaed states to Temi, "(Eld)You're up :)"

Temi claims, "Right, right... not a huge amount."

Jahaezick states, "Flu season. Understandable."

Temi says, "RPA things here and there and did an update on the Dastur plot which should have most of that wrapped up after any follow up questions."

Temi states, "So, yeah, that's about it"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says to Elzenn, "(Eld)You're up :)"

Elzenn states, "(Hillman)I have been happily puttering away at recs and requests, continuing to figure out just how to make things happen. There has been a little spike in recommends in the past copule of days, due to the events that have been going on, so keep up the good work, guys."

Elzenn grins.

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, I think that covers staff updates. Wow, we've had a bit of a slow time of it lately. For the record, I've asked Azarial to focus on tracking as the 'next big spec'"

Kinaed has transferred Shasa. [OOC]

Otois wonders, "So we will be able to stalk with style?"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)Now that Staff Updates are complete - it's Player Heartbeat. How has RP been this last week, folks?"

Faith says, "Rp has been good"

Otois says, "Interesting, confusing, surprising and then with a very happy ending"

Shasa states, "Pretty crazy"

Emma claims, "Crazy."

Eilyn declares, "Loads of fun!"

Tomas trails off, "It's been... crazy"

Jahaezick states, "I've been dealing with a lot of people getting injured, myself included. I keep getting dragged between two guilds, and I'm thoroughly enjoying having an excuse to duck out in the middle of drinks."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Well, I hope that's a good crazy. :)"

Kato declaims, "Still having fun! "

Ofelia states, "Good with a healthy dose of event-prep."

Emma declaims, "Always a good crazy!"
Misune states, "Rp has been rather amazing this last week"

Kinaed nods at Jahaezick.

'A bit slow since Sil's been back, but that's not entirely unplanned.
Silrie says, "A bit slow since Sil's been back, but that's not entirely unplanned."

Misune states, "Big thanks to Alyxandra for running her event yesterday"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Our activity has been down somewhat - by about 400 hours in the week, and we've slipped from TMC rank 3 to TMC rank 4 (by about six votes last I checked). Please go vote for us if you can to help us out."

Kinaed states to Misune, "(Eld)I've awarded her QP for running it."

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Otois claims, "The EU timezone is as dead as ever :("

Kinaed comforts Otois.

Kato states, "I do my best to be a night owl and hop on when I have to work early ; )"

Kinaed questions, "(Eld)Well, along with the general positivity - I'm so happy people are enjoying themselves lately - may I ask if there's anything shitting you that you'd really like the staff to know about/consider/do something about?"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Eilyn ponders.

Emma says, "Feeling a little bleh about the GLA stuff, myself."

Tomas says to Kinaed, "Just what I already talked to you about the other day"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Tomas nods in agreement with Emma
Misune was just about to mention the GLA matter as well

Eilyn muses, "Gla?"

Kato agrees with Emma.

Shasa queries, "Yeah, gla?"

Tomas says, "Guild Leader Approval"

Shasa claims, "Ah"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, well - I can't remember who brought what up, but let's start with GLAs, then we can discuss other things people have raised to me throughout the week."

Eilyn declaims, "Oh!"

Emma says, "Not the complete system, mind, but perhaps in need of some revision. Particularly how easy and/or difficult it should be for non-guild members to severely affect a leader."

Kinaed says to Eilyn, "(Eld)Those are the things posted on the IC Event board that shift GL approval and can oust them."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Temi nods.

Kato shifts from neutral to hated.

Eilyn salutes her understanding at Kinaed.

Emma boooooos Kato.

Temi says, "We've been talking lately that they're not really playing out how we want them to yet"

Azarial says, "(Daravi)There is a spec for adjusting glas"

Otois moves from liked to otois

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Honestly, I personally think (and this is just me) that GLAs are a bit harsher and more humiliating than intended."

Emma nods.

Eilyn nods.

'Definitely.
Tomas says, "Absolutely"

Silrie claims, "Definitely."

Shasa states, "I can dig it"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)It requires people to explicitly, publically, air their grievances."

Shasa coughs.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)And it's fair enough to a degree, but I think it does more harm than the grieviences often do."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)So, we're looking at changing the system."

Temi pontificates, "We want people to be able to air their grievances publicly and create crazy RP with that! Nothing wrong with that!"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Ideas for it would be welcome. I'm actually thinking of removing it from GLA and incorporating it into the Plot System."

Temi says, "We just don't want a system that enforces that as the only option"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Misune claims, "But they aren't airing their grievances publicly, instead hiding behind anonymity"

Eilyn doesn't know enough about how it all works to give suggestions and is sad.

Temi claims, "They are airing grievances, just not claiming them."

Tomas states, "I see there as being 3 big things I would change about it. 1. The Anonymity factor. iw ould make it a lot harder to do it anonymously or make it weaker. 2. Make people not in the guild/who don't have high ranks of support from the guild not be as effective as those who do in ousting a guild leader. 3. The story aspects should be more codified of who can say what. I worry about saying big swaths of 'all of these groups support this' even if it isn't a majority of the group"

Emma says, "The plot system idea is interesting."

Emma agrees with Tomas.

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Cahrilee is idle.

Misune agrees with Tomas as well "I think the Gla system is good in concept... it just needs some tweaking

Rimilde nods with Tomas, "To get support of groups they IC have no connection too, should have significant RP behind it, I would think, because some f those groups are highly political and may not just make those statements, it should just be RP'd out a lot more I think."

Shasa claims, "Can i say something in tells to one of you imms"

Emma says, "That might also make the support system more meaningful. Being the 3rd most influential in X guild is just a number, at the moment."

Tomas says, "And I would like to see more than one way of doing it. I know a long time ago, under Ariel, Court tried to develop an RP method of bringing grievances to court. a way to avoid the public grievances to act as mediator. It doesn't have to be court, maybe a council of guild leaders or something"

Kinaed states to Tomas, "(Eld)One thing staff have struggled with is getting a GLA for 30 points that says "I call him a brat and say I don't like/agree with him" and suddenly the NPC world hates them because of that person's words... and it seems extreme."

'Doesn't that kind of limit other involvement though?
Silrie queries, "Doesn't that kind of limit other involvement though?"

Kinaed nods at Shasa.

Temi says, "We don't want the solution for removing someone from a guildleader to be going through the court though - in some cases it makes sense. In some ways, it's not your place."

Tomas says to Silrie, "Not always, there could be public hearings, hearings with the guild. It could provide more rp"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Hunapo is idle.

Kato claims, "I really don't like the GLA. But I'm new. It's good to get gold out of the game and it provides a way to OUST guildleaders. Both of those are critical, IMO. And though I agree with Tomas, I feel like it WOULD take a highly political figure to make such ridiculous changes in favor."

Tomas states to Temi, "Oh yeah I know. and I was just thinking for some potential options"

Temi nods at Kato.

Temi claims, "We think it's important... but we want to do it right."

A stiff breeze carries a storm of pages with it, obscuring vision. As they clear from sight you see Vistarch standing before you. [OOC]
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Rimilde states, "I like the idea of the council of GLs for some issues as that promotes RP between guilds a bit more, though in some cases it might not work, but in some it could.."

Tomas nods his head, "yeah. I don't want the gla system removed entirely in terms of what it has the potential to do, just reformed

Otois wants tenabre on this council

Temi states, "Though we'd also love to be able to see a strong GL unite their guild behind them to stand up against other guilds, and such."

Temi grins.

Emma claims, "Guild waaaars."

Rimilde grins at Emma.

'Guildwar? XD
Silrie muses, "Guildwar? XD"

Emma claims, "Where is Galen? GALEN. Fight the Brotherhood."

Temi claims, "RP is good, but we need to make sure it's not all conciliatory consensus sorts of RP too."

Temi grins.

pose dies laughing at the very thought. "Poor Galen."
Silrie dies laughing at the very thought. "Poor Galen."

Kato says, "Can you just roll them into plot advances? Let people sink in IP to supercharge it more? I dunno if that would help at all."

Misune just beheads any who opposes him... +1 for armed and trained guild

Emma bwuahahas.

Vistarch says, "Giving 10:1 on Galen."

Emma claims, "Oh Misune. Such a glorious beast."

Otois states to Vistarch, "I will take that action"

Temi says to Kato, "We're discussing that some, but it doesn't necessarily address it altogether."

Vistarch states, "Actually wait, the brotherhood would fix the match at those odds."

Otois grins

Misune claims, "I just don't see how the plot syste would work for gls"

Cahrilee is no longer idle.

Kato wonders, "What doesn't staff like about it, if I can ask?"

Emma claims, "On point: One thing from the forum thread that especially sticks out as jarring are non-guild members being able to band together with a couple more non-guild members to completely change the guild's perspective on their leader."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think it'd work a lot like the current plot system does, but one thing missing in GLAs is often what people are doing to get an effect."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)For example, if you write up on the IC Event board that half of the docks burned down so the Justiciar gets people angry at him for failing to protect the city, it doesn't usually explain that Kinaed actually started the fires."

Eilyn mutters: '.. ....used.'

Ofelia says, "Oh. Alright. I did not get that that was approval -within- a guild. I thought it was just popular opinion, which I suppose doesn't make sense for some guild, but should for high profile things."

Temi claims, "Powerful outside forces should have a say, but maybe diferently."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)The nice thing about plots is that they 1) allow some back and forth between the player and staff, 2) explicitly require the player in question to actually do something, and 3) IC Event posts are optional"

Temi claims, "Approval is not within a guild."

Misune nods to Kinaed "Ok.. I could see that, though what would the costs asscociated with these advances be. I can't imagine they would be free?

Tomas asks of Eilyn, "What part are you confused about?"

Temi says, "It's part of it"

Shasa claims, "For my own part, there are some things that used to have to be done privately and handled icly. to me, the GLA system almost gives it an ooc smack. i know that's not the best way to explain it, but i'm not really sure what words to use"

Temi says, "Maybe that's part of what would be good.. internal and external approval"

Emma says, "What Shasa said."

Kinaed says to Misune, "(Eld)I'm not sure we'd do it in precisely the same way that we currently are."

Ofelia claims, "I mean, I think it's also a bit of developping thick skin. Who cares if people don't like you? Ride that wave so long as internal approval doesn't drop."

Tomas claims to Shasa, "Yeah it does have a bit of that sometimes"

Eilyn wonders to Tomas, "This whole GLA system and plot systems and I don't get the real problem anyway. Maybe I can nag you about it in tells sometime?"

Emma states, "Oooh. Dividing internal from external approval would be neat."

Kinaed states to Misune, "(Eld)So I don't know the answer to costs, and also I'd say that what I'm suggesting is just a suggestion at this time."

Misune smirks to Ofelia "I've been riding the disliked train for sometime now

With the wail of a classic guitar, the ground splits open in a fount of lava to birth a triumphantly rockin' Takta. [OOC]

Ofelia grins at Misune.

Shasa trails off, "The only problem is that sometimes there are like 2 genuinely active people in a guild, so internal and external might not work as well as one would want, but maybe having internal have more of a statistical weight..."

Otois says to Ofelia, "It is hard to run a guild if everyone hates you, as no one will work with you, but sure can be done"

Misune nods to Kinaed "Fair enough... I just was curious."

Tomas states, "I think having internal have a statistical weight and making the rank actually matter could be interesting to make it a bit more dynamic"

Vistarch states, "I'd like the events in question to actually play into the impact as well. Currently if you witness the Justiciar murdering people for pleasure but can only muster 8 IP it isn't going to do a hell of a lot, regardless of what the event post is."

Ofelia says, "I can see internal being influenced by a plot-like system. Having to do with what you actually -do- with the guild. External can stay popular opinion and have little weight when it comes to an actual oust."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)I don't think I'm prepared to divide internal and external approval. I think it's a lot of work that cna be resolved simply by making internal affects be stronger than external."

Emma claims, "Anything that encourages more delicious, live conflict RP and less board posts (except as a response to the former) is super pleasing to me. If internal and external were different, rabble-rousers from outside the guild would have a reason to approach guild members to tell them why their leader sucks and try to get them on board"

Takta trails off, "(Vandagan)I have kind of a thought regarding this..."

Emma says, "By extension, risks the members telling the leader"

Takta queries, "(Vandagan)What is the actual IC mechanism that an ousting is meant to represent?"

Takta queries, "(Vandagan)Like, assuming we did not have to even think about code for a second, what ICly happens to get somebody ousted?"

Emma says, "I have no idea."

Kinaed says to Takta, "(Eld)Enough social pressure that the GL cannot hold their position."

Tomas muses, "What if they are stubborn enough they would stay in?"

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)So, in general, you're so mired in opprobrium that nebulous people come to you and say "Look, you're out.""
Ofelia queries, "Do they have to leave when they attain that low a level?"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I'd think that people would demand their removal, stop doing as they're ordered, etc."

Kato thinks it depends on the guild. Kato would probably just his ass literally thrown out of the Theatre with a, "Get lost, chump." But a Justiciar probably involves Royalty.

Vistarch says, "I imagine it to be like a CEO's "Early Retirement""

Eilyn asks, "Riots in church square, calling for removal?"

Temi states, "Well, if we -did- an internal sort of thing, might make sense to have a pro, con, neutral sort of vote every member can cast and just sticks as long they stay active... but anyway, completely diff."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Azarial states, "(Daravi)Or jsut throw the unwanted gl off the roof."

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Support, ignore, subvert"

Takta states, "(Vandagan)If there's no official legal process that removes them, it's literally just social opinion, that is a very different system than, say, a guild internally voting."

Kinaed states to Temi, "(Eld)I thought about that awhile ago, but there was a problem with it."

Misune remembers when Alphos was ousted. That was a perfect example of how a gl ousting should go

Takta says, "(Vandagan)And probably the coded system should match the IC reality of what we're trying to portray as the normal way GLs are removed."

nod
Silrie nods.

Jahaezick is idle.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think GLAs being reformed will probably take some time, multiple staff discussions, and additional work. I don't think it's something we can resolve immediately in this conversation."

Emma nods.

Shasa nods.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)In fact, this is one of the ones I anticipate staff arguing about a bit before we get to a final decision. :)"

Elzenn grins.

Misune claims, "And I don't think we are expecting it to be an immediate thing, merely something to be thought upon"

Otois says, "Bring it to colliseum"

Kinaed claims to Otois, "(Eld)I usually just decide. :)"

Kato claims, "Yeah. OUST people with the end of a sword."

Otois exclaims, "But that is boring! I want to see staffers fight it off with thunders,a nd hammers and ponies"

Azarial says, "(Daravi)You can do that icly."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Little point in us all fighting when our stats are the same. ;)"

Shasa states, "Old way is best way"

Vistarch claims, "Immortals clashing really isn't as fun as it sounds."

Otois pontificates, "That is where creative emoting comes handy!"

Shasa doesn't ever want to see them fighting, frankly.

Azarial nods at Vistarch.

Azarial says, "(Daravi)When I can jut turn off the world, there's not much left to fight."

Jahaezick is no longer idle.
Jahaezick has returned from AFK.

Jahaezick states, "Not idling"

Cahrilee has returned from AFK.

Cahrilee has gone AFK.

Vistarch says to Rimilde, "That is when I have to start playing CTF with the server."

Vistarch claims to Azarial, "That is when I have to start playing CTF with the server."

Emma wonders, "Do we have an opening for one more small topic?"

Misune smirks "Azarial, lord of the realm."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)To emma go ahead."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Then I'll bring up some other concerns brought to me during the week."

Kato claims, "Uh oh."

Kinaed smiles at Kato.

Shasa grabs popcorn.

Otois brings out the spanking paddle

Kinaed says to Kato, "(Eld)Nothing horrible."
'It wasn't me, I swear.

Silrie says, "It wasn't me, I swear."

Kinaed wonders to Emma, "(Eld)Your topic? :)"

Emma says, "There's a thing I hoped to mention at the OOC meeting that is less a discussion and more a... something else. The OOC atmosphere on the game and on the forum really feels like it has taken a (temporary) turn toward kinda mean. Confrontational and aggressive, in places. It could just be me picking up on weird vibes, but it seems to have gotten a little bit unpleasant as of late."

Kinaed says to Emma, "(Eld)Ironically, that's the same set of complaints that I heard from -multiple- players last week."

Tomas claims to Emma, "You aren't alone. I've noticed it. On one or two of my characters I've had to turn off guild channels because of it"

Rimilde nods with Emma quietly.

Shasa has been gone too much, but agrees that things feel different

Emma says, "To go the Bill and Ted route: Be excellent to each other. I don't know what's causing it, but I'm worried if we don't talk about it it'll become more widely-spread."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)What I heard was that people were being nasty to one another OOCly, not just ICly."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Emma says, "Right, ICly is different."

Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)I haven't been around since I wasn't here, but..."

Tomas claims, "Like I think Emma is a big doodoo head, but her player is awesome"
Otois wonders, "For a change I do not think it was me as i stay away from ooc?"

Kato states, "I haven't received this feeling in the slightest except once. And even then it was like, "Eh." "

Tomas says OOCly, "<,<"

Emma states to Tomas, "YOU'RE a doodoo head."

Jahaezick claims, "No u"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Here's the sort of thing I've been hearing: So-and-so made a comment about a group of people (or particular person) on the OOC Channel being stupid/etc."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)A bit about the OOC tone that the IC noble backbiting seems to have taken on :("

Kinaed says, "(Eld)I worry that we'll lose players if we can't keep our ire towards one another IC."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)I've definitely seen some comments against noble RP and nobles OOCly."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)A bit about people using tells to pressure people OOCly about IC actions."

Jahaezick claims, "It comes with the territory. People who aren't used to games where you're going to die IG permanently because of someone else's actions generally don't take to it immediately."

Kinaed claims to Takta, "(Eld)Oh, maybe it wasn't internal. I didn't see the comments, rather the commentary about the comments."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Takta says, "(Vandagan)People putting down nobles who RP thematically rather than playing nice, etc. :("

Otois trails off, "Eh a good reminder that nobles are players too, and it sometimes is just... the ugly job of upholding noble theme"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kato exclaims, "Damn you nobles!"
Jahaezick states, "I enjoyed Adgen who turned up his nose at me trying to get with a countess."

Ofelia states, "Having come from a game with a similar take on courtesy, I am not a fan of people taking out their poor decision making vis a vis IC courtesy on others OOC. Noble players don't like it being the only sort of RP they get either."

Kinaed smiles at Jahaezick.

Kinaed states to Jahaezick, "(Eld)I'm glad you appreciated it."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)And even if someone's character is being a total jerk literally for no reason but to be a total jerk, that's their character, not them, and they don't deserve any kind of OOCly bad treatment for it."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kato questions, "Also, can we please just outlaw any talks of politics and religion in OOC chat? I mean I get jokes and all. But anytime someone wants to take the conversation there, they might as well be saying, "Who here wants to have an argument?""

Emma nods. "I tend to strongly feel that IC criticisms should stay IC."
Kinaed nods at Kato.

Kinaed nods at Emma.

nod
Silrie nods.

Otois says, "Well, if you talk about IC OOCly, it is later on hard to keep them separate in all other cases"

Vistarch states, "Thus far any time someone has asked the discussions to stop I have been very strict in enforcing it. Happy to have a blanket rule there instead."

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kinaed nods at Vistarch.

Kato states, "But if entire guild chats are getting rowdy. Man, step in. Troub chat is chill as hell."

Emma states, "Also think there's a respectful way to discuss just about anything. The lack of respect is what feels problematic."

Takta nods at Emma.

Rimilde nods with Emma.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I am happy if we're happy, to have a general rule by popular demand not to discuss political topics or religion OOCly, though it seems a bit, er... yeah."

Misune trails off, "We all should be adult enough that we can talk about religion and politics in ooc... and if you don't want to hear it, turn off chat"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)Disagreement is fine, but invalidating other people's worldview or implying they're stupid is not cool."

Kinaed states to Misune, "(Eld)I'm happy with people discussing, I am not happy with people arguing."

Emma claims, "What Takta said. The personal attacks and arguing just for the sake of having an outlet to argue while getting progressively more insulting."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)And I don't think people who don't want to have an argument, witness an argument, etc, should lose access to OOC Chat because it's become their responsibility to turn off a channel that's offensive."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Er, OOC Channel"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I'm probably not keen on rules against discussing politics or religion, personally."

Shasa claims, "I'll regret this, but there comes a point where some people just asshole to a point where i feel oocly uncomfortable because to be THAT toxic ALL the time icly smacks of them being a twisted frak waaaaay too much for my taste. and let us keep in mind that i literally cooked mages and served them in the bluebird"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)But I will happily ask staff to shut down arguments and offensive talk."

Misune claims, "I wasn't advocating for the argueing kinaed. I was saying we should, as adults, be able to have conversations about topics such as those without it devolving into arguments"

Takta states to Shasa, "(Vandagan)Honestly, I don't think that's true at all of those players."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)And though it's human and natural to react OOCly to IC happenings, actively cultivating a level of separation is the only way we maintain a happy, healthy game."

Hunapo is no longer idle.

Hunapo has returned from AFK.

Shasa says, "But that's what i'm saying. i'm saying that when things get that far i don't really feel like they're separating their ic from a certain level of ooc sadism that just scares me"
Emma states, "I would have to throw in my opinion toward not banning the topics from OOC. Just, discussing them with it born in mind that you're interacting with another human being that has the same personhood that you do. Keep it civil."

Kinaed claims to Takta, "(Eld)Or at least keeping it off the airwaves."

Takta claims to Shasa, "(Vandagan)I don't think you have any evidence to make that judgment, ultimately."

Takta claims to Shasa, "(Vandagan)And I highly doubt we have a lot of sadists running around."

Takta grins.

Tomas states, "We could solve for those who don't mind heated arguments, a sorta free for all non ooc channel, though I can't imagine staff would want to watch that"

Otois raises his ha....

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Um... I have this feeling like Takta and Shasa are talking about something specific that nobody else knows."

Ofelia claims to Shasa, "That's a really big judgement call. Given that a lot of us have played people who have been mean/cannibals/what-have-you, it's a real slippery slope to make that kind of assertion."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I'd like to request that Takta and Shasa talk to me after to see if we can sort that out."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)In general, I think people need to keep their behaviors kind to one another OOCly, regardless of whether or not someone is an IC prick."

Emma claims, "+1."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)And I frankly have a rule about that on the books that I'm happy to enforce."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Well, I do mean to talk more in general; I have done truly horrifying things in roleplay, awful things, but IRL I'm certainly no sadist. And I'm sure that's true for basically everyone."

Shasa states, "So...i'm not allowed to be uncomfortable for my own self and feel certain ways. got it"

Otois states, "Or just turn off the OOC, like I do becaus I am irl prick"

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Misune ponders when cannibalism became something hugely controversial... it seems rather mild in my opinion.

Kato muses, "Has staff tried being mediators between players in private?"

Eilyn claims, "Uh oh."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)So if someone is saying mean things about other people OOCly because of a person's IC actions, they're in the wrong."

Kinaed says to Shasa, "(Eld)You can feel however you want, but I'd prefer you didn't insult other people OOCly because of how you feel."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Particularly on a major broadcast channel."

Ofelia says to Shasa, "No one said that. But if whatever player you're insinuating is a sadist isn't a sadis, that's not really cool."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Private feelings that need resolution should come to staff."

Kinaed says to Kato, "(Eld)I have acted that role in the past."

Kato claims, "I nominate we all just direct our insults to Elzenn! But nah, sometimes it helps to have a staffer that is like, "Come be angry at me for a bit instead of a player.""

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Vistarch says, "I tend to be happy to take on that role."

Elzenn waves, "(Hillman)I'm good for insultin'."

Emma states, "Honestly, I've never felt the Staff were unavailable to discuss any issue."

Shasa states, "As far as i'm aware, i'm keeping this particular issue off the public air, especially ooc"

Kinaed says to Shasa, "(Eld)This topic didn't raise because of anything you said to my awareness."

Shasa nods.

Emma states, "Oh no, not at all."

Vistarch claims, "Hell, the amount of issues I've seen solved just by being able to vent it."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)This is more of a general discussion about behaviors people have had recently and how it's affecting us - to be honest, I apologize if I seemed to direct anything to you, but I'm not sure how we got onto any discussion that seemed like it was about you. :)"

Emma states, "For the record, I didn't mention it due to -any- single person, or even any specific comment."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)And I really do have to recommend that we need to -try- and control our OOC feelings about IC events."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Not, again, directed at anyone specific."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Last week when it came up, I had 4 examples across a huge strata of players."

Kato says, "Yeah but turning off guild chats? That's bad. Not trying to fan the flames."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)But because over all my years RPing, time and time again, I see OOC feelings over IC hurt game atmospheres and friendships, and we need to be able to trust each other as partners in telling a collective story."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Not examples of bad behavior, but examples of people complaining the OOC atmosphere was unnecessarily tense."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Emma states, "Exactly that, Takta. That's precisely what I'm trying to vocalize without managing to find the right words."

Shasa states, "I have thoughts on that one that i'll hold"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)And if there's people you don't enjoy RPing with, for the most part they're avoidable - in some situations they're not, but those situations don't tend to be 3 months unresolved, but rather something you can get over with a day or two of RP."

nod
Silrie nods.

Kato states, "Well, I'm just glad I haven't seen any of it outside of like 1 very brief instance."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Anyway, I think we've mentioned that it seemed, last week at least, that people were being unnecessarily mean OOCly to one another - on a number of levels, in a number of minor ways, but it was adding up to ... honestly, our activity is down."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)So I'd like to just ask people to keep it civil OOCly."

Shasa claims, "Okay"

nod
Silrie nods.

Otois muses, "And may I add that if you avoid roleplaying with someone, and they get into a scene with you, well, still consider at least somehow acknowledging their existence?"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

(visnet) Player Tatiana: Are the old Erra Pater animal superstitions preserved anywhere?

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)That is an OOC courtesy."

(visnet) Staff Takta: Help rhyme of portents

(visnet) Player Tatiana: Thank you.

Shasa acknowledges before fleeing the area usually, though I rarely have the problem.
vis

Visnet is off.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)There's one part of TI that staff cannot, no matter how much we want to, make TI great about - and that is the community."

Faith is idle.

Faith is no longer idle.
Faith has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)We can make an awesome game, be awesome people, but if everyone treats one another like dirt, TI won't flourish."

Faith is here, jsut nothing to type, was reading. (OOC Emote)

Kinaed states, "(Eld)So thanks for listening to my harping on."

Otois says, "Because being just completely ignored like you are not in the room is sometimes super weird and makes playing in the scene... very weird. So even just "pays little or no attention to X" is aces"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Cahrilee is idle.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)I try to emote 'Kinaed doesn't seem to notice /otios' presence, as involved in her conversation with /Temi as she is. <rest of emote>'"

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Shasa nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, four minutes."

Otois says, "Yep, simple like that and allows the other person to emote forward, without that awkward feeling of invisiblity"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kato claims, "Maybe a non-spoilery way to vent in the game. It can really help."

Emma claims, "Opens up an avenue for conflict RP! >.>"
Kinaed asks, "(Eld)A venting channel?"

Kinaed questions to Kato, "(Eld)How can we do it?"

'I could see that getting nasty.
Silrie says, "I could see that getting nasty."

Otois states, "Round of shin kicking should do it"

Shasa nods at Silrie.

Vistarch exclaims, "Come vent at me! we can go multitell and make it a horrible reply to all chain like poorly sent emails!"

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Venting probably would make things much worse."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I mean, I want people to be able to vent, but to be honest, I'd rather they did it in a different medium and kept it off the game. I don't like blackballing (I don't like so and so because he's an arse)."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Open, honest communication with the person you've got a problem with is usually the only way forward."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)In fact, people - please read HELP BLACKBALLING and HELP RULES."

Otois chuckles toward Vistarch

Kato says, "Well, that channel is called troub chat. But we can add another one. Or maybe just sending tells to players/staff who are willing to just be like, "Yeah, I'll listen to you." I mean, you guys can shoot it down if you want. I'm just spitballing."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)We're just asking that people show OOC decency to one another. In fact, one thing htat strikes me is that if a person is an IC jerk, but isn't OOCly spewing bile at people, then the character is probably a jerk, but hte player probably isn't. If a person is OOCly spewing bile about someone... then the problem isn't IC, and that player might be the problem."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)So if you hate someone IC but never hear a negative peep from them OOC, please assume they're decent people OOCly."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, time's up, but I just got a reminder."

Tomas states, "I think communication is good, very good. if you need a mediator, ask another player or a staff member maybe. If you have to agree to be seperate and try and avoid each other to make things harmonious as can be, then so be it. The game should be fun, it shouldn't be stressful for all"

Emma claims, "I've been full-on told I'm a terrible human being for an IC action, and in some pretty strong language. >.> It definitely stings."

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Eilyn nods at Tomas.

Kinaed comforts Emma.

Eilyn hugs Emma.

Faith states, "Wha? But emma is aa good player."

Emma states, "What Tomas said! ...and back to Bill and Ted. Because, best catch phrase."

Otois says, "Hey if someone got issues with me on OOC level and want to vent it to me via tells - go ahead. Most of those session wind up in mending the underlying issue (really)"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)If people tell you you're a jerk because of how you play, please tell me anad block them. It's against the rules to OOCly pressure people to take or refrain from actions, for example."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)But one thing htat did come up is that there was a player apparently running tells to another player throughout play basically fishing for IC information and giving 'wider context information' to apparently sway another player to act in a certain way this week."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)If you're RPing with someone and feel the urge to talk to them OOCly and give more information than what you've actually brought up in an emote in tells, then you're probably playing the game OOCly, and that's a bad sign for crossover. It's also against the rules, please don't do that."

Jahaezick states, "The quiet command also exists."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)If there's more info to share that you want someone to act on, raise it IC."

Jahaezick claims, "Friendly reminder."

Kinaed nods at Jahaezick.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Unfortunately, that puts handling poor behavior in the recipient's hands - so yes, use quiet and block and ignore if people are driving you nuts OOCly... but people who are doing this, please don't."

Kato claims, "As much as I love IC gossip, OOC gossip usually just amounts to bullshit. Also, maybe you all should make another board post or something about this all. So that those not here can read it."

Takta nods at Kato.

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I will when the chat is over."

Faith claims, "I usually just reply with a tell saying ask icly or something similar."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Anyone have anything else to raise or any further concerns before we wrap it up? We're about 5 min ovver."

Kinaed nods at Faith.

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)That's probably a good suggestion."

Shasa shakes her head.

Jahaezick states, "Just wondering if husbandery is on the docet."

pose shakes her head.
Silrie shakes her head.

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Everyone here is a person with their own feelings that can be hurt and hurt badly when their IC actions - often done by a player who doesn't even agree with their PC - are held against them."

Kinaed wonders to Jahaezick, "(Eld)Thanks for reminding us - Temi, were you looking at that?"

nod
Silrie nods.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Emma questions, "Is that animal husbandry?"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)If anyone has anything against me on an OOC level I'd encourage them to talk to me directly, as Otois said earlier. I don't want to make anyone have a bad time here."

Emma pontificates, "Yeeeeeeeees!"

Temi claims, "We have a spec"

Jahaezick states, "That was my feel too"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "(Eld)Cool."

Faith trails off, "Greeeeeaaatttt, now the animals can marry....."

Temi says, "It is good to be coded whenever it has the priority to be so"

Takta grins at Faith.

Emma claims, "Oh god that will be amazing."

Jahaezick says, "When they introduced new herb code, they heavily implied that there'd be husbandry."

Jahaezick says, "And everything to do it is already on grid"

Otois wants his friendly sheep, like a proper welshman

Temi says, "It shouldn't be a huge spec, but there's a few different things"

Hunapo refrains from sheep jokes.

Jahaezick says, "I just have one question on the matter."

Kinaed queries to Jahaezick, "(Eld)?"

Jahaezick states, "Is it going to be a new skill, or is there going to be some reorganization going on in skillsets"

Kinaed asks, "(Eld)Depends - does it fit into anything currently existing now?"

Emma ponders.

Otois queries, "Maybe expansion to butchery?"

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Survival skills in general could maybe use some redos."

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Jahaezick says, "Yeh, that would work. Maybe would want to rename butchery."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)We might want to think about if this is the timme to make it happen."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I could see butchering going under animal husbandry."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Otois trails off, "Atm butchery is very... small"

Otois states, "So yea"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)It's certainly not something that needs to be decided immediately."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Okay everyone, I think that's our OOC Chat for this week."

Cahrilee is no longer idle.
Cahrilee has returned from AFK.

Kinaed pontificates, "(Eld)I'm about to trans everyone back, so hug your neighbor!"

Otois hugs temi for a change

Kinaed declaims, "(Eld)Thank you for coming - please vote to help us get back into the top 3 on TMC!"

Elzenn waves, "(Hillman)Byeeee neighbours!"

Faith hugs Kato.

Kato is too busy hugginh himself to hug otois.

• Information