Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:59 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kato says, "I'm afraid to know the inspiration for this doll."

Elzenn grins at Hunapo.

Otois states, "I didnt get a doll"

Otois sobs

Elzenn exclaims, "Woops!"

Elzenn gives a doll of a grizzled, bearded man with Xs stitched for eyes to Otois.

Elzenn declaims, "Enjoy! Edible guts!"

Misune muses, "Is the bearded man suppose to be zumini?"

Otois states, "Tastes like chicken"

Otois puts a doll of a grizzled, bearded man with Xs stitched for eyes in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Hunapo says, "If you look at it, yes yes it is him."

Kato puts a doll of a grizzled, bearded man with Xs stitched for eyes in a small courier's box.

Kato closes a small courier's box.

Kinaed has transferred Gaven. [OOC]

Elzenn states, "Because, good taste."

Elzenn gives a doll of a grizzled, bearded man with Xs stitched for eyes to Gaven.

Kinaed says, "Okay, if no one has a topic to raise, let's jump right in to Staff Updates."

Kinaed claims, "This week, I didn't get a lot done. My computer bricked itself for two days, and I still don't actually have a mud client on it, paired with my daughter's 7th birthday and all of the excitement of planning a party. Next week, I have a big wedding, and I'm still job searching, so I have no idea how things will sort themselves out."

Misune claims, "God you sound incredibly busy"

Otois questions, "Did repair help?"

Hunapo exclaims to Kinaed, "Bt happy birthday to your daughter!"

Kinaed claims, "That's me, and I apologize I haven't done much. One thing I did do, however, was hire another staff member to help out with things (probably a good thing since my hands have been less available lately). I fielded some notes and agreed to compensate a couple of poor mage souls who were outed by the new alert system."

Kinaed has transferred Alyosha. [OOC]

Elzenn gives a doll of a grizzled, bearded man with Xs stitched for eyes to Alyosha.

Kinaed says, "I also worked with Az to increase the speed of pooling, which we think needs to go a bit faster than it is now, even - so stay tuned."

Kato asks, "Is the PC notified that they screwed up and called the knights/reeves?"

Azarial claims, "No"

Kinaed questions to Azarial, "Are thieves notified when they're reported?"

Mika claims, "No, but we keep an eye on evoking/invoking"

Emma states, "They are."

Misune is dry.

Kinaed states, "We should copy the notification style of thieves on that. Thanks for raising that, Kato."

Kinaed says, "Okay, that wraps me up - Azarial, you're up."

Azarial says, "Ummm. crashes, bugs, trying to finish outthe skjyway code changes"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Hunapo would like to apologize for crashing the game... three times.

Kinaed asks of Hunapo, "Did that happen during story telling or something?"

Hunapo states, "Yes it did, and I reported the bug."

Elzenn has returned from AFK.

Kinaed nods.

Adgen sheathes his sword.

Adgen puts his weight on one stirrup and swings his leg over a tall horse with dark coloring.

Adgen easily dismounts from a tall horse with dark coloring.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, if that's all for Az... Temi?"

Temi trails off, "Okay! In addition to the Dastur stuff, which has now calmed down a little bit, though still has some things going on..."

Adgen is innocent of all charges. sage nod*

Kinaed has transferred Timotheo. [OOC]

Temi states, "I've added in the recipes from the cooking contest, so those are now available, and a couple of additional fun cooking things that had been requested.. or mentioned and amused me."

Elzenn gives a doll of a grizzled, bearded man with Xs stitched for eyes to Timotheo.

Temi points to a fanciful roast cockentrice carved to display varied meats. "A la the cockentrice fellow here."

Emma says, "Mmmm"

Misune googles what a cockentrice is

Kinaed pulls horseface, "Blech."

Elzenn says to Misune, "I'm not sure your eyes are ready."

Temi says, "And that's been bascially me."

Timotheo says, "Hello"

Alyosha informs Misune it's apparently a restraunt somewhere??

Kinaed claims to Timotheo, "Hello :)"

Otois says, "Sounds like southside delicacy"

Temi claims, "Here's one link: http://www.mydiet.com/food-fraud-unmask ... ockatrice/"

Misune trails off, "That just sounds weird..."

Kinaed muses, "I note that Takta had to leave early - I just wanted to ask if all of those chandlery items were put into shops that we had discussed, if any staff member knows?"

Timotheo sits down and rests.

Temi says, "I believe so."

Misune says, "Medieval people had too much time on their hands if they could create that"

Mika asks, "Cockentrice would be suuuuuper fancy, i mean, TWO kinds of meat?? and none of them rat???"

Kinaed exclaims, "Wonderful. Mika, you're up!"

Timotheo claims, "You all suck. I dunno why. You do. :3"

Mika states, "I just poked at helpfiles and taught poor elzenn how to do things that i hate to do"

Mika exclaims, "Also, rude!"

Temi states, "To the southside eats - rat on a stick was added in the less groumet levels."

Timotheo states, "Thats my job"

Misune smirks to Mika "Bet your happy you are no longer the noob staff."

Timotheo winks at Mika

Mika finishes abruptly, "Magebane is coming up - i finally changed the helpfile, which was long overdue, so we have a magebane festival coming up instead"

Kinaed muses, "Sounds exciting - what are the main differences or points people should know, Mika?"

Kinaed has transferred Margaux. [OOC]

Mika says, "No one was into celebrating autumn's end, so we turned it into spooky halloween basically where you scare off the witches who get super powerful at that time of year"

Elzenn gives a doll of a grizzled, bearded man with Xs stitched for eyes to Margaux.

Emma claims, "Yeeees. That's awesome"

Misune muses, "So... what does that entail?"

Mika declares, "By wearing masks and drinking entirely too much and making a lot of noise ! also, for you mages, magebane will now last two OOC days so everyone can get in on the mischief"

Ofelia says, "That sounds pretty snazzy."

Mika claims, "You can also take your candles out at night and yell at peoples' houses to keep them safe"

Mika nods.

Mika says, "That's pretty much it for me"

Kinaed claims, "Nice."

Alyosha says, "Suddenly Inquisitor mask sales skyrocket."

Misune we need to get toilet paper in game astat

Kinaed declares to Elzenn, "You're up! :)"

Otois claims to Alyosha, "I so want a Zaerieth's mask"

Kato queries, "Command to check future holidays coming up or is that only on login?"

Timotheo claims, "Coded feature to Shit and toss sAid Shit at peoppe."

Timotheo claims, "People*"

Timotheo makes a 3 face

Elzenn says, "Hello! I am your new friendly neighbourhood staffer! This week, I have been learning systems and handling recs and typos. That good stuff."

Elzenn wiggles a doll of a grizzled, bearded man with Xs stitched for eyes. "I may also be partially responsible for this."

Kinaed coughs.

Otois declaims to Elzenn, "You are the reason for instant-recs!"

Kato claims, "Toss out those recs before he wisens up."

Elzenn grins.

Kinaed questions to Elzenn, "Does that wrap up Staff Updates?"

Elzenn says, "That's all for me, yep."

Kinaed asks, "Excellent, that means we're on to Player Heartbeat. How's the RP been this week, folks?"

Timotheo states, "I joined today and already love this place"

Emma trails off, "Haven't been able to get much RP done, sadly. Sent off loads of letters..."

Zelos pontificates, "I have had an amusing week!"

Ofelia says, "Bahahahahaha. Excellent."

Kinaed claims to Timotheo, "Glad to hear it :)"

Hunapo says to Kinaed, "I have been having fun."

Kinaed comforts Emma.

Otois declares, "Finally actually happening! But not enough conflict, I need people to shun, hate and assault my character :P"

Kato says, "Still pretty fun. A lot less hectic. "

Ofelia states to Otois, "I can hate you when I'm not unconscious."

Ofelia claims, "Which, I concede, is rare."

Margaux claims, "Next to no RP, entirely out of the loop."

Kinaed snickers.

Otois says to Ofelia, "You are this mud's fainting goat"

Alyosha says "I've been having fun too!"

Ofelia claims, "Oi. It's proper, wot."

Kinaed asks, "Anything about how TI is working or playing shitting anyone at the moment, or is it pretty good? Anything you want staff to have a look at?"

Mika says, "I heard an idea i thought might be good"

Kinaed queries to Mika, "What was that?"

Emma states, "Just the pooling, but you're already looking into that'n."

Mika wonders, "If we were able to allow rings to layer on top of gloves?"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Mika claims, "Is that a possible thing we can do"

Kinaed says, "Pooling is definitely on our radar."

Timotheo claims, "Make it an Armageddon clone >:D"

Kinaed says, "It seems we accidentally axed an int bonus that I'm going to resolve today."

Kato claims, "Rings on gloves is a slippery slope to socks and sandals. "

Emma begs for a "cloak pin" jewelery wear-slot...

Azarial claims, "Umnmm. there's special checking for rings and gloves; having them layer on top wou.ld be triky"

Mika nods.

Gaven states, "....oh how beautiful that would be."

Gaven says, "A cloak pin slot"

Mika muses to Azarial, "Cause of the covering thing?"

Ofelia claims, "I am going to harp on forever about the mail thing, probably. Not that there isn't a reason not to answer people, but I think GLs not answering cyans is very poor form."

Azarial nods.

Mika nods.

Kinaed claims to Mika, "I'm not sure, I'll ask Az about the technical issues after, but I think it sounds okay."

Otois questions, "I may have small idea, which may sound weird?"

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Kinaed says to Otois, "Happy to hear them out."

Mika states, "I'm also a fan of brooches/cloak pins/jewellery on the body or shoulder slot"

Mika nods at Emma.

Kato states, "I did have a question/topic/suggestion. I finally remembered what I wanted to ask last week. And I agree with Ofeilia, though I may or may not be guilty of this."

Ofelia nods at Mika.

Kinaed says, "I'll make a poll to see how many people want these additional slots before I go hog wild."

Gaven claims, "I'd rather a new slot than it taking up one already in place."

Gaven claims, "Or just stackable with whatever else is in the slot"

Kinaed nods at Gaven.

Margaux says to Gaven, "Agreed, cleaner with new slots."

Misune muses, "What is this about gls not answering cyans?"

Emma states, "Brooch instead of cloak pin, so it's more broad. Can be described as a cloak pin or whatever pin."

Otois muses, "But I was wondering, why not allow people to do some IC-related work for donations? For example I would like set of clothing strings, and have gneeral idea how would it look but this is something I am very inept at doing good, so maybe a system where a person can do that job for me (someoen good at stringing) for a donation in their name to TI? Granted that it was not thought out"

Mika claims, "Yeah i imagine it would be a small item that could layer on top at least"

Kinaed queries to Kato, "Jot it down and ask when Otois has finished?"

Kato states, "Sure."

Mika says, "I could see that also being tricky though because it'd have to stay visible when you're cloaked"

Emma states, "...I love that even more, but I bet it would be codetricky."

Kinaed claims to Otois, "There are ways to ask someone to do strings for you already, like the bounty system... I'm not sure how that could or would link to donations."

Gaven says, "Man, being cloaked where the only thing to identify you is a cloak pin...which anyone could've gotten ahold of."

Otois says to Kinaed, "Well this is not always linked to IC items, like I got raw items but just want someone to string etc. As said not thought out at all"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Azarial says, "Cloaks are obtainable as well"

Kinaed states, "I think it's a clever idea."

Kinaed says, "I certainly think it should be fine for players to OOCly ask one another's help for things like that."

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure how or if I want to do the monetization part, though I acknowledge that it's a smart suggestion and would likely be beneficial to us financially."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, that's under consideration - thanks Otois! Kato, you wanted to ask a question/raise something?"

Temi says, "You're welcome to note in donations that you want to thank someone for something they've done or such, I imagine."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kato begins to move south.

Kato slows to a halt.

Kato claims, "Oops"

Otois states, "Yep, just would require pesteing people occly if they want to do some string for you, which can be annoying. Having a for example public OOC board for this type commision would make it less intrusive for example"

Kato asks, "Is there a command to see what a future date/time will be in TI? My character schedules things, a lot. And while he is pretty foolish, I feel especially dumb when I say, "Umm, it will happen in two or three days"" Is there a command that can help me be more proper like, "It will be held Augustis 24th during the hour of sext!" I'd prefer a solution that doesn't involve math on my part. Or is this a non-problem?"

Kinaed has transferred Nils. [OOC]

Elzenn gives a doll of a grizzled, bearded man with Xs stitched for eyes to Nils.

Mika trails off, "Timeconvert or converttime, kato ... one of those"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Misune points to timeconvert and converttime helpfiles

Emma trails off, "There's a time thing that does that automatically somewhere..."

Timotheo says OOCly, "I'm plAying on a phone. Also, I'm cool for Oocing in an OOC room"

Kinaed says, "I can never remember which is which though - you'll need to read the help files."

Misune says, "It is a bit confusing to remember"

Kinaed nods at Timotheo.

Kato pontificates, "Thanks!"

Otois claims, "Most people just attach OOC part to a note/announcment/something with OOC time for it"

Kinaed muses to Kato, "Did that cover your question/thought?"

Azarial states, "Note that downtime will munge up the conversions"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kinaed states to Otois, "That's valid too."

Kato states, "I'll have to read this helpfile, but it looks to be what I need. "

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Kinaed says, "Okay, anyone else have anything to add before we move to Player Topics? No one registered any topics to discuss at the outset, and we have a whole 30 minutes left."

Kinaed muses, "We can end early and let people get back to their regular playing time?"

Emma claims, "I was curious about Roles, and if it's still in the works."

Kinaed states to Emma, "It definitely is, I just keep putting it off. I sent out a draft to interested players awhile back and only got one or two people's feedback of the 15-odd that wanted to see it. It's technially done, it just feels unfinished and maybe a touch unwieldy. That needs to be resolved, we don't like clunky systems."

Emma nodnods.

Kato wonders, "Roles?"

Emma states, "Looking forward to it when it rolls out. I really liked the draft."

Kinaed claims, "One place I'm stuck on it is that I need some help laying out what the 'roles' table would look like."

Emma says, "Hmmm."

Emma would be happy to volunteer if you're looking for player-type help!

Kinaed says, "Anyway, yes, it hasn't gone anywere. Roles... let me explain that. Roles are basically a list of professions, guild ranks, etc, that players can assume. Rather than linking commands and social class to the pfile, these things would be linked to the role players choose or play."

Kinaed states, "It came because we liked how Firan had pre-gen characters that people could log into, but we didn't like how those characters were persistent and passed around. So we decided to build a role version where it wasn't a persistent character, but certain roles in the game were persistent instead. GLs can create roles within their guilds, etc."

Otois says, "Sounds like a lot of work"

Kinaed says, "It's actually pretty easy, happy to send it to you to look at."

Azarial claims, "Given some of the code bits i was envisioning, it would slove a lot of problems on mye nd"

Otois exclaims, "If I am not willing to read something and give my opionion, tag my toe!"

Adgen asks of Kinaed, "So like in my case, it would show what I am allowed to do as a disgraced noble?"

Kinaed claims, "The sticking point is mostly the appearance of roles - how we lay out a list of them, how we lay out the roles a player holds or held, etc."

Kinaed states to Adgen, "Not 'allowed to do' but what powers, responsibilities, description, etc."

Kinaed states, "It can grant you commands or bonus income, for example."

Kato declares, "Yeah, this sounds interesting. But still a bit vague. I won't hold this meeting up with my personal questions about it. If it happens, it happens! "

Otois queries, "So when you become cadet of reeves it shows that you can access "verify" command but not much else now, and when you advance to guard you then see more commands: arrest etc?"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kinaed states, "Exactly."

Azarial says, "And it codified when people can execute so that changing the ranks doesnt; screw evertything up becuase no one informs me."

Otois wonders, "Loving it! And it will mean maintaining helpfiles in guilds for roles a bit easier I think?"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Hunapo states, "I think I will open up some new possiblities but that is just me"

Otois wonders about a role "woodcutter" with an ability "TIMBEEEEER"

Kinaed says, "Anyway, if anyone wants to see where it is at now, please send me a Personal Board message with your email address, and I'll forward you the spec. Please do NOT send it to me in a tell as I'm using a web client and cannot copy-paste/retain it."

Kinaed declaims, "Anything else anyone wants to discuss? If not, we can socialize for awhile? I have shameless plugs, like: please vote for TI to help us attract new players to play with you! You can toggle autovote on to get a reminder to vote (or toggle it off if it's irritating you)"

Mika states, "Everyone look at my baby again"

Mika shows off a baby bear with yellow fur and a pink nose

Misune says, "Already voted today"

Kinaed claims to Misune, "Thank you :)"

INFO: Ansgar Ulrichson has just created!

Mika states, "He'll die if you don't vote"

Zelos questions to Mika, "How did you...who's the father?"

Alyosha muses to Mika, "It has your eyes?"

Mika claims, "The feral grizzly bear that i am wedded to is the father"

Adgen wants first position on Mudverse again.

Otois claims, "My shameless plug would be that I am looking for someone who likes to string furniture and/or clothing for some stringing jobs :P"

Kato pontificates, "I'll write a review one day after I see more of the game!"

Mika zips up a bright yellow bear kigurumi

Kinaed states to Kato, "Thank you, I appreciate that. It's always good to have a fresh review up."

Mika says to Otois, "If you contact the merchants they can string and build things for you"

Otois finishes abruptly to Mika, "Build, always, string - not always"

Kinaed declaims, "Oh!"

Otois says, "String as writ eactual strings"

Misune queries, "Oh?"

Kinaed trails off, "US Daylight Savings is coming. When it comes, this OOC Chat is going to have to change timeslots because as much as I already enjoy waking up early on a Sunday morning to be with my favorite pbase ever..."

Kinaed claims, "There are limits."

Elzenn grins.

Otois claims to Kinaed, "Just do it from bed in you PJs"

Kinaed claims, "Someone told me this is in November, but not exactly when."

Mika declares, "You can send out mass mails to everyone in your category asking if they string! if they don't, i know there are a few characters around who like to design but would never foul their hands by picking up a hammer"

Misune claims, "November 1st to be exact."

Hunapo asks, "It shifts earlier doesn't it? It is the first weekend"

Kinaed claims to Otois, "I am doing that right now, and I sleep nude."

Kinaed wiggles.

Margaux claims, "Kin, I think it will make it later."

Hunapo nods at Misune.

Alyosha states, "Ohmy"

Kinaed claims to Margaux, "I don't really want to cut the day in half either."

Margaux nods.

Otois states to Mika, "Well mass spamming is something I am trying to avoid, and this is where my suggestion to have some sort of ic-related commision came by"

Kinaed claims to Margaux, "If you can figure out when it will be, etc and let me know, I'll post a note to remind people of the timezone shifts.."

Kinaed muses, "I've got nothin' more, and we have about 15 minutes. Party maybe?"

Kinaed tosses up confetti.
Lurks the Forums

• Information