Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Kinaed questions, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed has transferred Lidiya. [OOC]

Misune says, "I had something to bring up"

Temi gives a small cookie tin shaped and painted like a stage to Lidiya.

Kinaed states to Misune, "Okay, noted. Please type it out to have ready when we get to you."

Cahrilee sits down on the ground.

Misune says, "Will do"

Emma has returned from IAW.

Kinaed queries, "Anyone else?"

Hunapo has returned from IAW.

Kinaed has transferred Silrie. [OOC]

Temi gives a small cookie tin shaped and painted like a stage to Silrie.

Kinaed says, "Okay, if not, I'll kick off staff updates. I've had a few policy requests and I've been hunting for a new staff member. I haven't really done much else besides cheer on the rest of the staff crew, though I did process/clear out a lot of recommends."

Zaerieth nods.

Kinaed says, "Azarial isn't here, so I'll make a few quick notes on her behalf: Executions now require a Pkill registration to auto-post an IC_Event board. This is not required for all Pkills, just people who are using the 'execute' command to enact a pkill."

Kinaed says, "All it does is get the player to write the IC Event post before it goes through, staff do not need to check it."

Jahaezick questions, "Is that IC Event post public?"

Kinaed nods at Jahaezick.

Jahaezick muses, "That kind of kicks subtle kills in the teeth, doesn't it?"

Margaux states to Jahaezick, "Just for executions."

Hunapo asks, "So have you updated the help file to reflect that you can no longer do private pyrings?"

Misune asks, "And this ic event note can be edited after it is submitted orrect?"

Jahaezick says, "Oooh, Right."

Kinaed claims, "It's a public execution, it can only happen in River Square anywhay."

Jahaezick claims, "Not the finish."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Cahrilee rests.

Jahaezick says, "Got my commands mixed up"

Kinaed claims, "It can be edited up until the time the execution is kicked off, or staff can edit it for you once it's up if there's an error."

Kinaed says, "Other than that, Az fixed a heap of bugs with random stuff."

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up :)"

Misune claims, "I just ask, because sometimes stuff happens at these executions that you can't possible predict"

Temi says, "Okay! I didn't do a whole lot this week. Mostly little fixes, typos in magecrafting that people report and the like, and little RPAs."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Temi states, "That's all for me."

Kinaed says to Takta, "You're up ;)"

Takta says, "So I don't have a ton to say this week. Processed a lot of code fixes."

Takta exclaims, "For those who have been seeing eavesdropping bugs, we are aware and working on 'em!"

Takta states, "Still waiting on completion of code to bring the Skyway live."

Takta exclaims, "Next project TBD. That's it!"

Kinaed claims, "Thanks, Takta. :)"

Kato claims, "The undergroundway"

Kinaed grins at Kato.

Takta claims to Kato, "Aka, the sewers. ;)"

Kinaed pontificates to Mika, "You're up!"

Mika waves.

Silrie waves to Mika.

Mika claims, "So this week Sawyer helped me finish up the Hillman helpfile rewrite, so hopefully once those get looked over Hillmen will be much cooler and sexier and you'll want to play one"

Mika claims, "I also tool all the cold jellied food nobody wanted out of the Vandagan quarter and a lot of it is replaced with stuff that I thought fit the theme better if anyone wants to request anything or string something up for QP because I am lazy"

Mika says, "And that was my week"

Kinaed states to Mika, "Thanks."

Mika states, "Took all* typing"

Kinaed asks, "I think that covers staff updates. Anyone have any questions for us?"

Kinaed has transferred Galen. [OOC]

Kinaed has transferred Zelos. [OOC]

Galen declaims, "Here I am!"

Lily smiles.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, if no one has any questions about the staff update, it's time to move to Player Heartbeat. How was this week's RP, folks?"

Kato waves to Galen.

Zaerieth asks, "I've a question?"

Kinaed questions to Zaerieth, "Sure, what's on your mind?"

Hunapo states, "I have been a busy boy, so I guess in that sense it has been good."

Galen says, "RP has been good! Big things in the works for lil' Galen."

Kinaed says to Hunapo, "Excellent to hear. I hope you've had fun."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kato claims, "It was fun before as a player. Now it's just crazy fun as a GL. Glad I went with Troubs."

Nils says, "I got to be naked in public without getting arrested for it. Heheh."

Zaerieth wonders, "With this new pk deal, do I have to write the ic event, before I can finish it?"

Kinaed claims to Nils, "Congrats."

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth.

Zaerieth has a love hate relationship with your editors. mostly hate (OOC Emote)

Margaux claims, "Quietish week here. Timezone availability issues."

Galen declares, "I'll be right back!"

Kinaed claims to Zaerieth, "Yes, you'll have to write one. The last one Jenifyr wrote used the code and was an example. It bascially said "On <date>, name was cleansed at the stake for magery" or something. Just a sentence."

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Zelos states, "Had Rp here and there, avoided getting punched and some such."

Kato says to Nils, "I thought the pants would come sooner. But that just made it better."

Nils giggles.

Kinaed claims, "Board IC_Event, note read 14."

Emma is on the same page as Margaux. "I think I need to move to the other side of the planet."

Margaux exclaims to Emma, "We have a comfy couch!"

Mika finishes abruptly, "Oh sorry - belated: I did what Takta did and if anyone wants to look at / suggest anything for my baby land vikings, the helpfiles are here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BV- ... ymdnI/edit -"

Emma exclaims, "Claimed!"

Hunapo says to Kato, "Hey man... There was nothing wrong with what we did."

Silrie trails off, "Been good. Sil's managed not to get whipped with all her outbursts at nobles... heh..."

Lily claims, "Been a bit tired and distracted lately, so not much, but it always is fun."

Kinaed nods at Lily.

Emma trails off, "Baby land vikings..."

Mika says to Emma, "The gorilla riders of the hills"

Kinaed says to Emma, "Rewrite of the Hill folk."

Emma LOVES it.

Cahrilee states, "I'm new, so not much rp, but what I have had is fun."

Takta states to Mika, "Ahahah. Points for the title."

Kato states, "This is the Inquisition era. He deserved to be naked and someone has to be the asshole playing a tambourine during a whipping."

Margaux says, "Double the chest hair, Half the overbite."

Emma asks, "Mika, can they ride actual gorillas? Just to prove I'm not crazy after all?"

Kinaed smiles at Cahrilee.

Kinaed exclaims to Cahrilee, "Glad to hear it!"

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Hopefuly, me and the editor gets along. its the same reason I am trying to avoid message editor. the fields confuse the crap out of me"

Jahaezick claims, "So I'm going to roll a hillman and I'm going to need an axe."

Jahaezick claims, "And a horned helmet. From what I hear."

Kinaed queries, "Okay, before we go on, still in the Player Heartbeat, has anything about the game been shitting people lately that you want the staff to have a look at?"

Mika says to Emma, "I think if gorillas exist in the kingdom, they might try, but it might not go well"

Kinaed claims to Kato, "I think I love you re tambourines and nudity."

Takta states, "I LOVE the forum suggestion to make town criers appear differently than individual or guild messages before approval."

Silrie claims, "Kato's tambarine was epic."

Kinaed nods at Takta.
Mika nods at Takta.

Emma states to Mika, "The Hillman Massacre, otherwise known as "The Day Silverbacks Fought Back.""

Silrie says, "Just, epic."

Mika grins at Emma.

Kinaed states to Takta, "I'll have a look, not sure I read that."

Takta says, "That would really resolve some RP problems I've had."

Takta grins.

Kato states, "Not really. I had a mixup with a stealth character, but it was definitely my fault. I'd also like to see better bard help files so I can at least know what their bonuses are codewise. Unless that's something you have to 'find.'"

Jahaezick says, "We had that one cannibal hillman"

Takta says to Kato, "A lot of guild helpfiles are old and, well, cruddy. Be very happy to see some updates."

Zaerieth queries to Kato, "Were you the one beating a drum at smith's whipping? if so, so help me, that was damn clasic"

Silrie laughs.

Kinaed says to Kato, "Yeah, happy to have a further discussion re: those things."

Mika states, "Im glad to hear someone treating whippings like entertainment"

Mika states, "Maybe the worst thing i've ever said but"

Nils states, "Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up, people."

Nils grins.

Kato claims, "Yeah that might have been me."

Hunapo claims, "I do try my very best to make them entertaining with all the blood and stuff."

Kinaed states, "Okay, I made a note to talk to Kato a bit further after about the mix up and help files. Anyone else have anything, otherwise, we can get to the best part of the meeting, Player Topics."

Kinaed grins at Hunapo.

Zaerieth queries to Kinaed, "Help file, if someone plays mentally chalanged individual?"

Margaux declares to Emma, "Next time, time for an impromptu market? 'Get your Commemorative Whipping Plaques!'"

Cahrilee questions, "From what I have read, they were. It was a break from the norm for common folk. Whippings and executions were something the majority were actually eager to see, right?"

Kinaed states to Zaerieth, "Yeah, I looked and couldn't find it - nor could other staff. I think it's referenced in the new player zone or during character creation."

Kato claims, "But I'd like to see actions from stealthers not show. I mean, I trust people on the server and everything. But it threw me off and honestly I think when the chips are down people will get a little self-conscious about the scene they are showing when they KNOW someone else is there. But, that's me being paranoid."

Mika nods at Cahrilee.

Kinaed nods at Cahrilee.

Emma chortles at Margaux. Yes!

Galen exclaims, "I'm back!"

Kinaed says, "I think when people are stealthy, things don't show unless they failed their skill check."

(visnet) Player Otois: Is there ooc chat?

Kinaed claims, "If they fail, then they're seen."

Zaerieth says to Kinaed, "Well, if they ignore, I'd like something to remind them.. it doesn't come up often, but I've seen it more than I'd like"

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: Yes! Trans you?

Visnet is off.

Temi says, "Honestly, there's no reason to hemote something if it's not possible to notice it."

Kinaed has transferred Otois. [OOC]

Lidiya is idle.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi gives a small cookie tin shaped and painted like a stage to Otois.

Otois states, "Now i can store cookies from other events1"

Temi says, "You can, though it also comes with cookies."

Kato says, "It was an action not a hemote. And I thought it meant I actually passed the wisdom dice roll to spot. But I agree."

Lidiya is no longer idle.
Lidiya has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states to Kato, "Do you have a log of what happened? I might check with you about that after to make sure it's working okay."

Cahrilee muses, "Stealth?"

Kinaed nods at Cahrilee.

Temi states, "Action should maybe not show if you're not visible."

Kinaed states, "Kato's saying something was a bit weird about an encounter with a stealthed player."

Galen claims, "It can be hard to play a sneaky type. I shut down a sneaky type before by locking them in my phome and I feel bad about it"

Kinaed nods at Temi.
Hunapo says to Cahrilee, "You can sneak and hide and stuff."

Kinaed claims, "But sneaking isn't hide."

Takta says to Galen, "...Lol."

Jahaezick asks, "Does hiding carry over if you pass a sneak roll?"

Jahaezick says, "I've always wondered that."

Kinaed claims, "Hide keeps you from being visible in a room. Sneak lets you move silently. Hide should carry over if you pass a sneak roll, yes."

Jahaezick gives a thumbs-up

Kinaed says, "It's worth noting that we poked at this recently to improve the player experience, so it is possible that we got it wrong."

Jahaezick states, "Min-max sneak/hide, never be seen by anyone. Ever."

Galen questions, "Does room type / size have any effect on hide / sneak effectiveness?"

Galen says, "I can see it being easier to hide in a forest than, say, a hallway."

Takta claims, "I JUST tested and yes, sneak in and then hide and nobody will see you."

Takta says, "If the sneak is successful."

Kinaed says to Galen, "Not at the moment, no. Just skill and the other person's perception, if I recall correctly."

Takta states, "Must drive husband to bar, bb shortly"

Hunapo trails off, "Best BRB announcment of the day..."

Silrie giggles.

Kinaed claims, "Any other queries before we move on? We have registered Player Topics today that I'd like to get to. :)"

Galen declares, "It would be neat if room type could factor into it as well!"

Galen declares, "That's all from me!"

Jahaezick claims, "I have a question regarding guildskills"

Jahaezick queries, "Is herbalism just in physicians and thieves, or is it also in merchants?"

Galen says, "Herbalism isn't in merchants."

Misune says, "Just physicians and thieves"

Kinaed muses to Jahaezick, "I'll put you at the end of player topics, okay?"

Kato claims, "I have a question/topic I'd like to add actually. Definitely more of a question."

Kinaed questions to Misune, "Please introduce us to your topic?"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Misune clears his throat "What I wanted to bring up is regarding City Report and Guild Payments. Awhile ago the amount a guild received weekly changed to be dependent upon a certain stat in city report and how many active members that guild has. Now I'm not going to pretend to speak for all the Gls and their guilds, but at least for the Knights I think the amounts need to be adjusted a bit. Right now Knights are making 88 silver a week, with 5 active members, and defense at Substandard. This 88 silver doesn't even cover the salaries for each member, which at their lowest is 25 silver, not to mention at the end of every month there are taxes of 225 silver, and each new member of the Knights requires a cloak 125 silver, keys after a certain rank 100 silver. There is no way that 88 silver begins to cover the required costs. With how much Knights had in their coffers when I became Gl, they would have slowly exhausted all their funds in about 5 ooc months, just from paying it's members and taxes, nothing else. Though thanks to another player's large donation, and my own weekly payments which filter into the coffers, I don't even pay myself, the Knights aren't quite in the red, but I imagine if this happened for the Knights, it must be happening for other guilds, and frankly it shouldn't be this bad off. Basically what I'm saying is perhaps City report-Guild payments should be looked at.

Kinaed states to Kato, "Adding you after Jahae, please type up your topic intro for when you're called upon."

Cahrilee says, "I... had a question, maybe if we have time after everyone's done? If not, it's ok, it's really only for staff... but it's an idea."

Temi claims, "I don't believe that these metric payments are intended to cover everything, but just be a nice bonus."

Nils questions, "Isn't the Order supposed to suppliment the Knights pay?"

Nils queries, "Which, in turn, is boosted by tithing?"

Kinaed states to Cahrilee, "Noting your request"

Otois claims, "Well, they may just have to go and start robbing people by highway"

Kinaed states, "I agree, it's not meant to cover everything, and particularly... if Defense is substandard, then the Knights are receiving far less than what they could earn because the Knights' presence is weak in the city, so I'd recommend doing things plot-wise to increase the city's defense rating."

Margaux claims to Misune, "Also. Work on the defense stat through plots/etc and your income will go up."

Otois nods at Kinaed.

Margaux is slow.

Kato says, "I wish I could help with that question, but I know next to nothing about plot advances, how to use my RPA/week, and city reports. But I do know that is poor as all hell."

Otois claims, "If they cannot sustain living on pay from current rate, I imagine they will have to start selling armors and horses to eat, makes rp sense if they cannot boost the defenses."

Galen exclaims, "You can also pursue aid from other guilds!"

Kinaed claims to Kato, "I'll make a point of catching up with you after and to explain those things."

Galen muses, "Maybe... guilds who have money?"

Kato smiles at Galen's question.

Nils laughs.

Margaux says to Galen, "Mainly Court, Order and Merchants. And thieves, maybe. :)"

Otois wonders to Galen, "Are you saying extort the merchants?"

Kinaed says to Otois, "I think he wants to do it the other way around *ahem*."

Temi states, "Giving the knight's money of their own doesn't mean they should have to be self suficient."

Silrie claims, "Hey hey hey, Fairweather."

Galen bats his eyelashes innocently.

Margaux claims, "Order often used to pay a stipend to the knights."

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Takta claims, "Okay back."

Margaux begins to count their money.

Silrie queries, "They should. The knights catch the mages, the order just burns them? XD"

Zaerieth states to Misune, "Bring it to zaeri"

Takta claims, "I think the inputs and outputs may be way off, though."

Silrie says, "Quickest bar trip ever"

Takta states, "Yeah, it's raining is only reason I drove him. ;)"

Misune trails off, "Ok, you guys present alot of good suggestions, but I'd like to point all those guilds have ways to reasonably make money... Order with tithing, reeves with taxes and fines, thieves stealing shit, merchants selling shit... what do knights have besides selling shit they don't have"

Takta states, "Like, I'm not sure -anybody- makes enough money to fund the basics."

Mika nods at Takta.

Galen pontificates, "Oh oh oh I have a question!"

Emma claims, "Merchants don't pay members. We require them to pay us. It helps to that end. >.>"

Otois claims to Misune, "They should be selling their service, one way or another. So in this case order seems like main buyer"

Margaux states to Misune, "A valuable service that they provide to the Order, and should thus be getting paid by the Order for."

Margaux states, "Court doesn't pay most members, just office holders mostly."

Nils claims, "Well, granted. The Order should/is helping the Knights. And vice-versa. In our own history, though, the Crown paid Knights for service. Right off the bat, I could suggest bringing the problem to the Crown itself, as there are Nobles with... Quite a lot of silver that would love to give it up for someone to protect them and thiers."

Misune claims, "Selling their services go against everything the knights go against"

Emma states, "Definitely think the Order should be bolstering the Knights' funds with portions of tithes."

Otois claims, "Well, in practice they do. Just not on open market, instead to just the order"

Galen claims, "Actually my question is about a pretty specific situation so I'll ask it later."

Kato states, "Sounds like the Knights need to get a bit dirty. Maybe you could hold championship tournaments of arms? I mean, anyone can host events. It's not a Troub exclusive thing, right? But for boosting defenses, it does sound like a sink. You need money to improve it, but you have none."

Takta nods at Kato.

Kato says, "Like jousts and stuff."

Mika says, "Tournamentsssssssssss"

Mika approves

Kato claims, "Royal banquets and all that."

Takta says, "It is hard to raise a metric without money, but if you have a low metric, you don't get money."

Galen declares, "Archery contest!!"

Galen pulls his bow taut.
Galen nocks an arrow in a maple shortbow adorned with leaf charms from a buckled, strapped leather quiver of fine, silvery threads.

Misune declares, "Exactly!"

Kinaed says, "I think it'd be worthwhile for MIsune to ICly approach Zaerieth, for example. Beyond that, the Knights aren't thematically a money-making guild, so I'm not really comfortable building new ways for them to earn money. The money knights get from their activity and city metric bonus is firstly low because the metric isn't getting much care, but secondly fully in line with what the other guilds get."

Kinaed states to Takta, "And I don't think that's true that money is necessary to raise a metric - rather plot activity is."

Jahaezick pulls his bow taut.
Jahaezick nocks an arrow in a longbow crafted from seasoned yew with a rawhide string from an obsidian leather quiver banded with riveted steel plates.

Galen declares, "If the knights need a fundraiser, feel free to approach the Merchants for help!"

Emma states, "It helps, but there are always other ways."

Otois states, "And did not in history most knights come from rich families who, well, can afford their way into knighthood/"

Kinaed claims, "Even a plot about knights patrolling certain places and putting up moods would probably increase the metric."

Takta claims, "Knights in the TI sense are very different from Knights IRL."

Margaux claims, "I have something in the works that may improve defense, but... I'm juggling too many balls as is."

Galen relaxes the draw on his bow.

Silrie wields a gently curved longbow of seasoned ash wood with slim grip.

Takta says, "It's a bit of a problem, to me, but that's a whole nother soapbox rant."

Takta grins.

Jahaezick relaxes the draw on his bow.

Silrie grins.

Hunapo claims to Otois, "Eh... but that is one of those things that doesn't carry over."

Zaerieth wields a sharp steel dagger in her off-hand.

Takta claims to Kinaed, "Ultimately, I think most big increases typically do end up requiring money."

Silrie states, "But yes! Fundraisers could be insanely fun, participating or planning or helping set one up."

Takta claims, "Just because they represent things with a real cost."

Jahaezick states, "Just an FYI, I love the quiver and bandolier addtion. Just an aside. Whoever coded that is a beautiful human being."

Zaerieth agrees (OOC Emote)

"I got this from an archery contest!" Galen notes, hoisting up a buckled, strapped leather quiver of fine, silvery threads. [Galen]

Galen says, "I mean, I didn't win. Or enter."

Mika states to Galen, "Yeah but you didn't win it"

Misune sighs faintly "Well that is it for my topic."

Galen claims, "But it was from a contest."

Zaerieth says, "I love the bandolier"

Mika swats at galen

Hunapo trails off, "Now if we could get throwing axes to fit in the Bandolier...."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I had an anonymous topic registered to me:"

Kinaed trails off, "Issues around theme and prisoner treatment... "

Galen muses, "Are we being too easy on people?"

Nils laughs.

Misune waits to here the whole topic before saying anything

Kinaed says, "I hope people have had a look at those documents I posted about the medieval mindset. Please remember, this is a medieval role playing game, which necessitates putting ourselves into the shoes of a medieval person."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "What's the consern?"

Mika says, "It's not intuitive to us, but it might be good to remember there's no due process, no judges, only reeves and the monarch"

Misune claims, "In simpler terms, the game isn't meant to be sugar and kittens, but gritty and dark. Heck one of the mud sites has us listed as horror."

Kinaed claims, "In medieval times, they didn't have forensics and criminals were very dangerous. The extent that people would be punished was 1) entertainment for the populace and 2) intended to be a huge deterrent because severity often outweighed the crime itself."

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Otois says, "It is not odd to see a peron cheer as lashing are given"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Lily still likes kittens and sugar.

Jahaezick states, "I can't believe we're being too soft on people. I thought I was being severe."

Mika says, "And like i always say: if you die from corruption after your lashing, it's because you sinned too much and the guilt put your humours out of balance."

Misune burns the kittens for they are unholy creatures of the taint

Galen is totally fine with looking like a huge weenie for wincing at lashings and such

Takta grins at Mika.

Kinaed says, "People who got in the way of that were viewed as working against the social order, the safety of law abiding citizens, and God."

Otois says, "And would get some lashes for good measure"

Jahaezick claims, "Question about that"

Temi says, "There's people doing a great job of being rough and gritty - we want to not give them pressure against hat and make them out to be bad people being meanie-heads."

Takta says, "I'm sure most of the people engaged and interested enough to come to OOC chats have a good sense of the theme, really."

Jahaezick raises a hand.

Kinaed says to Otois, "Quite possibly."

Kinaed questions to Jahaezick, "Yes?"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta says, "So maybe we're preahcing to the choir."

Kato states, "People feel too sorry for the prisoners is what it is. Again, that's a legitimate character, but they should be in the minority. If you want to fix it, start reccing people who act thematically. It's just too tempting to play the good guy. I do it too, but I've been trying to be more assholish, but I know I am the minority. "

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Jahaezick claims, "I refused to treat someone who got lashed, because I felt it was the will of the people to see suffering."

Jahaezick asks, "Was I wrong in that?"

Kinaed states, "I agree with that, Kato. We really should rec people who get it right and help us play true to theme."

Takta claims, "(I also highly recommend putting yourself in the IC shoes where the behavior isn't assholish: for example, the person punished is there for a -reason-.)"

Otois claims, "There is that, sometimes you will put yourself in a place where you will almost certainly get lashed for it, with time, and yet you do not get recced."

Kinaed says to Jahaezick, "That's an RP choice, not a right or wrong choice."

Mika states to Jahaezick, "No, you can do as your character would do IC; others may react as they would IC"

Jahaezick says, "Just wondering if that wasn't a good thing ICly."

Kato claims, "I'm not complaining, but I got 1 rec for trying to make the whipping entertaining. Compare that to me knowing I'm more or less making my character look like an asshole to characters he wants to stay friends with. I dunno, though. "

Kinaed says, "In fact, being against whippings isn't in itself 'wrong'."

Otois claims, "To the point where i am borderline on reccing myself I must admit"

Kinaed states, "It's just an issue of - if everyone does it, then the theme is corrupted."

Takta states, "Maybe your PC believes that a harsh punishment prevents this person from doing something worse later and it's for their own good. Maybe a harsh punishment is the necessary cost of civilized society. Etc."

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Takta claims, "You can totally be okay with whippings without playing an asshole"

Takta grins.

Jahaezick questions, "Are we still allowed to be assholes?"

Kinaed says to Otois, "I think people should recommend themselves if they're upholding theme and getting grief for it."

Galen states, "It's also perfectly acceptable for characters to face pushback for appearing 'too soft'"

Mika says, "A lot of knights don't enjoy taking people to the pyre but it's their duty to protect people even if it's from themselves"

Kinaed claims, "I'm happy to approve those recs."

Mika nods.

Otois trails off to Kinaed, "I know, but it just... does not feel right"
Kinaed nods at Galen.

Nils states, "Only really got two things to tack onto the convo here, lemme just type it out right quick."

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Mika states, "Recc yourself before you check yourself"

Hunapo says, "And Medical treatment for prisioners, while not unheard of, is very very poor and very very limited. I just want to say, that it makes me feel good to hear you guys say all of this because there are some people who have gotten IC and OOC shit for doing their jobs. I am just saying. You don't have to -like- whippings but you have to -accept- them for what they are. Just like the pyre."

Kato queries, "And even then when it comes to the punishments themselves, I can safely say I think the game would be a lot less fun if it just became a slaughterfest of permakilling people. Maybe to remedy this people who are executed should get a rec% boost when they die. At least they died in the name of theme, right?"

Margaux says to Galen, "Unfortunately, the backlash is often for seeming too hard."

Kinaed nods at Hunapo.

Takta nods at Margaux.

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, and I think it's IC sometimes."

Jahaezick states, "I got ridiculous shit for refusing to treat the person who got whipped. I just bandaged them and said I'd cart them off to the triage."

Mika claims to Kato, "I think you do"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Jahaezick claims, "Er, the wards."

Kinaed says to Kato, "I think we're very, very far away from that."

Jahaezick states, "And let them heal on their own."

Takta states, "I've never seen meaningful IC backlash for being too soft beyond a comment or two, just for being too hard."

Emma agrees with Takta.

Kato nods to Takta.

Kinaed queries to Jahaezick, "I'll catch up with you about that after?"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Galen claims, "I do think part of the problem is that playing to theme also means playing against our modern sensibilities, which can be difficult and unpleasant"

Mika trails off, "But yeah the cnote requirement and stuff helps people not ... just murder for no reason"

Galen exclaims, "People do play this game to have fun, after all!"

Kato declaims, "Troubadours are now partnering with Reeves to bring you Friday Night Executions. Davites drink free!"

Galen claims, "So things that are difficult and unpleasant will naturally end up being avoided, even if we do push for them."

Emma claims, "They play the game to have fun specifically playing TI theme."

Otois cheers toward Kato

Mika questions to Kato, "Not drinking? to the pyre with you"

Kinaed claims, "I'd love it if people who receive backlash type a tell to the player, "Please see General Board, note read 15""

Lidiya claims, "Vodka and burnings, sounds like a party."

INFO: Epsonsalt Salty has just created!

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says, "One would hope."

Jahaezick claims, "The issue with that, is that people just get... Salty."

Lily states, "Eh, I play it because it's the one game where I don't have to be super violent/mean actually"

Nils claims, "Y'all prolly tired of hearing me say it, but the two thingers here are imprisonment and stoicism. And, of course, grain of salt because this is damn well the kit calling the kettle black. But imprisonment sucks, we all know it, my own case was handled quicker then fried spam and done with. I will say that I've stopped playing Knights and Reeves recently because it seems like everyone is playing the emotionless lawkeeper? Just... Y'all can have emotions, guys, it wouldn't kill anyone to give a grimace when you see someone's bone poking out from his leg, lol."

Margaux states to Kinaed, "It is often more insidious than that. Most people aren't stupid enough to give flak to someone with a whip or burning torch in their hand."

Self'huh's. That was weird timing.

Takta grins at Nils.

Galen claims, "I'm certainly not saying that we should change the theme, I'm just trying to see if we can better understand the root of the problem of people not playing to it"

Lily says, "Keep in mind, there are very few MUDs which allow you to have a profession other than NPC killer."

Takta says, "+1 to that. Stoicism is an acceptable IC choice, but you should probably think about how it can shut down RP if not done very carefully."

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Mika nods.

Nils says, "But again, kit and kettle. Y'all know I played Rothgar, and he was about as a big of a stoic asshole as you can get, so I understand how cool it is to play one. But as Takta just said - it -really- impacted my RP."

Kinaed nods at Lily.

Kinaed states, "I think we have deaths fairly rarely on TI"

Mika claims, "I roll for stoicism"

Lily claims, "So while I try and work on incorporating my character into the theme, I am playing this game mainly because it's the only real amazing option."

Otois won't mention how his emotional reeve went

Zaerieth says, "Far as emotions, I've a question"

Cahrilee is idle.

Kato queries, "We should rec people giving RP to prisoners...?"

Kinaed claims, "Someone once told me TI was special because the game is about an inward investigation of the nuiance of a character's psyche rather than an outward competition with other players."

Misune would much rather bottle his emotions and let them come out in one magnificent display of emotions and fireworks... and maybe bloodshed

Galen agrees with the thing Kinaed related!

Emma claims, "Oooh. I like that description."

Kinaed says, "I liked that, and the reality is that if you stay within certain lines, there's very little danger to a character of death."

Hunapo claims, "Well time and place right? Hunapo has a wide range of emotions but when he is being a public figure he kinda has to behave like one."

Kinaed states, "Other bad stuff can happen, but people don't tend to kill one another a lot here."

Kinaed says, "And I'm sorry, we have other topics to touch on, so if it's okay, I might just move us along."

Lily claims, "I agree that we shouldnt be as soft, but forcing everyone act to act too callous might drive some away."

Kinaed muses to Zaerieth, "I have you down to introduce a topic of interest?"

Lily nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Lily.

Galen claims, "That is a concern of mine, too"

Zaerieth wonders, "Far as whippings. I just emagin, roman floggings. they were brutel. but, I question if at times my char is to soft, emotionally?"

Galen declares, "RP games really only get grittier from here!"

Misune trails off, "And if they are driven away by that... well they weren't meant for the game"

Takta claims, "It's important to reconceptualize the RP so you can be thematic without necessarily being callous, I think."

Emma +1's Takta.

Mika claims, "I like to come up with what mental gymnastics my characters have to do to justify what they're doing"

Kinaed claims, "I'm only looking for people to RP the theme and to keep the mindset in mind. You don't have to be a dick ICly, but please acknowledge that if someone is RPing a medieval mindset on a medieval game, they probably ought not to be punished ICly with social ridicule... the nice people are the minority, not the majority."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Lily frowns at Misune. "So people who just want to do a profession relatively peacefully aren't allowed here?"

Zaerieth claims, "And yes, topic. I'm trying to get an alt in a covert guild. but its not moving forward"

Cahrilee is no longer idle.

Galen claims, "I do think that perhaps we can keep a good deal of the grittiness in the vNPC population"

Mika claims, "Whether you're terrified of the uprisings that come when people step out of line and want to protect the innocents from the rabble rousers or worried people you care about arent going to ascend to the springs"

Temi asks, "Part of the fun of RPing is thinking about what your character would do as a member of a very different world. Not what you would do in that world. Think about 'how would a kind, sweet soul who grew up with this react?'"

Galen claims, "I think it's generally assumed that the PC population are the world's more exceptional people"

Misune smirks to Lily "If they want to do just a profession, there is no issue with that, but if they decided to complain about the theme of the game... then yes, maybe they aren't meant for it

Lily says, "Even in medieval times, there are lots of people who just want to get by and don't make noise."

Kinaed nods at Lily.

Cahrilee raises a hand. "Skip my topic please. Something's come up here in rl, but can I send a tell to a staff member later?

Margaux states to Galen, "I tend to disagree, but I've long been in the exception in that viewpoint so I've given up to go with the flow."

Otois states, "Does not mean they will not get in the trouble, takes a bad day of a passing noble"

Kinaed claims to Misune, "I think it's fine to be a sweet person on TI."

Hunapo claims, "And that is ok too, Lily."

Galen says, "I had Galen recently defend the practice of public lashings to someone, I recall"

Galen claims, "Or at least explain why they were necessary"

Mika says, "Sweet lil galen"

Kinaed states, "Guys, I have several people with topics."

Kinaed claims, "I'm sorry, but we need to refocus."

Galen declaims, "Ok, quieting down now!"

Kato says, "Mine is a really crappy topic, so no harm done."

Lily exclaims, "Can always talk in OOC later and stuff!"

Kinaed says to Galen, "Not your fault, I continued it earlier :)"

Misune says, "You don't have to be a dick to play theme"

Margaux muses to Mika and Galen, "What sort of wine do you pair with sweet Galen?"

Kinaed queries, "Zaerieth, I think I know the alt and situation. I don't think that's related to the general experience, so if we can talk about that offline, that'd be great?"

INFO: Lance Attano has just created!

Kinaed states, "I think Zaerieth might be afk or catching up with the chatter, so I'm going to move on."

Kinaed muses to Kato, "Please introduce your topic? :)"

Kato says, "It's more of a question than a topic. And it's all about rumors. What all do they really do asides from be the visible gossip that NPCs spit out? I hear they can oust people, but not really sure how that works. Also, I get Bards are supposed to be the ones putting the rumors out, but without a bunch of them it's like ehhh hope this catches fire. Especially since you can't promote your own subject. "

Kato pontificates, "Also, I think there needs to be more options for Troubs who go solo. It seems like the rumor system really only benefits from a GL helping guide it. But, maybe this is intentional! "

Otois claims, "You can promote your own rumor with IP"

Takta says, "Rumors can cause an awful lot of RP. An awful lot."

Kinaed states, "They used to Oust people, but that was taken away and we use the IC_Event board instead now."

Takta claims, "Allegations made in rumors have spurred investigations and controversies."

Kinaed says, "You can earn IP for spreading rumors or promoting/quashing them."

Kinaed says to Otois, "I *think* you can, yes."

Takta claims, "Many people do ICly accept info in rumors as true, however little grounding it has in reality."

Mika claims, "You can also RPA a rumour investigation"

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Galen claims, "I've had rumors affect my RP a good deal."

Otois states, "I know you can, doing it alot ;)"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed states, "... staff are sometimes mean and make up rumors. *cough*"

Hunapo says, "I have lost OOC sleep over rumors before P"

Takta claims, "In a game as social as TI, rumors can make or break somebody's social world."

Temi says, "Bards aren't really intended to put out rumors so much as have more control over them. Which can mean putting them out when that's what they want."

Silrie is idle.

Silrie is no longer idle.
Silrie has returned from AFK.

Takta nods at Temi.

Otois states, "And yea, rumor generate so much rp if people will allow it. Imagine that your chracter constatly runs into someone talking about something stupid he did that one night"

Kinaed says, "I made up one about Margaux wearing a wig once."

Otois claims, "It can wear you down quickly"

Lily asks, "Putting them out?"

Galen muses, "Ahaha, that was you?"

Emma pontificates to Kinaed, "I remember that!"

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Margaux marks up another name for her Death List.

Takta states, "A single bard on their own can do an incredible amount of damage (or benefit) to a rumor. It's definitely not needed to have any organized campaign to do much... though an organized campaign CAN in fact do a tremendous amount."

Kato states, "Let me pose a counterpoint, keep in mind I am a new Troub and this is first char/first guild yadayada."

Kinaed says, "I was tempted to put a bounty on someone pulling her wig off, but I didn't want to go too far. I checked with Marg to make sure she was okay with it though."

Kato pontificates, "How much of this actually goes back into getting something fun for the bard though? Maybe I just need to experiment with it, but it sounds great for other players!"

Otois states to Kinaed, "That would be at least 3 gold"

Margaux almost put the bounty up herself.

Kinaed high fives Margaux.

Hunapo loosens up the whipping arm... again.

Takta states to Kato, "Well, it's part and parcel of the bard's appeal."

Takta queries, "People should be afraid to screw with a bard. Why?"

Margaux claims, "But I thought it would be creating a pkill situation."

Kato says, "If someone RPA investigates or if he RPs out, sure, but I believe what someone said earlier: They are really better at influencing existing rumors...unless you have a good amount of them working together."

Takta states, "Because that bard will slander your name left and right."

They aren't here.

Mika says to Takta, "Oh i know."

You tell Margaux, "Are you available after the ooc chat?"

Otois claims to Kato, "Well, I enjoyed for example seeing Galen go ape for rl days becuase of a rumor I spread abouthim. It was very fun and rewarding for me"

Takta says, "It's happened, in the past. People fight bards and suddenly the rumors are full of terrible vile things about those people."

Margaux tells you, "Yep, think so! I'll be going afk for 10-15 mins right after to get something to eat, but after that should be back around."

Takta claims, "Bards can tell powerful people "You should hire me to keep you informed and protect your name" and their rumor power makes it worthwhile."

Kinaed questions, "Someone said they've lost OOC sleep over rumors...? Why?"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Hunapo claims, "Because I was plotting my IC revenge."

Getting out his walking cane, Nils shakes his fist in the air. "Back in MAH DAY, bein' ah Bard meant yeh got in free to all the parties!"

Galen got SO MUCH RP out of people saying nasty things about him

Takta grins at Nils.

You tell Margaux, "*nods* send me a tell when you get back and I'll send out a messenger then"

Kato states, "I'll have to give it a try. But another thing to consider is the description of the Troubadours to new players. They really paint them out as royal to the crown, speak only the truth, etc. Sorta goes against just throwing out rumors. Which, of course, shouldn't stop people but."

Emma chuckles. "I have too, Hunapo. But mine was more because I'm ridiculous."

Jahaezick really needs to spread more rumours (OOC Emote)

Takta says, "Those helpfiles could probably also use a varnish."

Kinaed muses to Kato, "Loyal to the Crown? Where is that?"

Kato claims, "I think it's part of the Bardic Oath."

Kinaed claims, "I see them as loyal to themselves, but everyone is loyal to the Crown *sage nod*"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Takta claims, "The bardic oath certainly is limiting in some regards."

Takta states, "But there is a secondary role for bards as IC 'journalists'."

Kinaed states, "I think that's like saying the pledge of allegience. Criminals do it to and probably no one in the US considers themselves at the beck and call of the President."

Jahaezick states, "Bards are the most deadly guild imho"

Galen states, "I remember hearing once that the Merchants can have people executed"

Takta says, "There has been discussion before of bards using the bardic sceptre to gain guaranteed admittance to meetings, political proceedings, etc."

Margaux says to Galen, "If you pay me 10k silver, you bet you can. :)"

Misune smirks to Jahaezick "Especially when they used to be mages or thieves."

Kinaed says, "It sets out your general principles and ideals, but it's not enshrined in law beyond everyone who is a Lithmorran citizen being expected to not commit treason."

Takta says, "But many guilds have exactly as much power as their members choose to ICly grab."

Emma queries, "NOT allowing them is a big deal, isn't it? When they invoke the sceptre?"

Nils says, "10K?! Galen, I'll do it for 2k."

Takta states, "No less and no more."

Kinaed claims, "Well, in medieval times, it was probably more directive than tht."

Takta nods at Emma.

Jahaezick states, "I remember back when the merchant's guild was almost entirely mages. Let's not do that again."

Kinaed claims, "But I still don't see the Queen showing up on a bard's doorstep to demand a particular service."

Margaux says to Nils, "He wants a proper execution with a seal."

Kato says, "The Bards are way more alive these days. And, really, I just need more time experimenting with rumors. It's a very interesting thing to approach. And it is growing on me. I used to think it was pointless. So. That's that."

Margaux readies the seal-pult.

Galen declaims, "Hypothetically!"

Kinaed asks of Jahaezick, "You mean they're not all mages now? :P"

Nils grumbles.

Jahaezick states, "Honestly, we need more Olithers in the game."

Otois states, "Rumors are overhwelming to get into, but you will get into it ;)"

Jahaezick claims, "Some people who are just bad to be bad."

Kinaed wonders to Jahaezick, "Okay, you had a question about guildskills?"

Jahaezick declaims, "Yep!"

Zaerieth has lost link.
Zaerieth has reconnected.

Zaerieth says OOCly, "I hate, when pc demands an update"

Jahaezick states, "I was wondering if you could add herbalism to the merchants, since chandlery relies so heavily on it, and selling packaged culinary herbs and seeds seems within the auspice of the merchant guild."

Jahaezick claims, "All of the scented oils."

Emma claims, "I've often wished Herbalism were also a Merchant guildskill. Chandlery tends to be useless without it."

Galen claims, "The Merchants used to have herbalism before the Physicians split off from them, if I recall."

Otois asks, "Can't they just hire a herbalist person to buy it off them and then sell it forward?"

Jahaezick fidgets. MAY have been the one behind that.

Kinaed says to Jahaezick, "We'll consider it and discuss it in our next staff meeting. We recently opened herbalism to the Brotherhood."

Galen states, "There's still accomodations for herbalists in the Merchants Guildhall."

Kinaed says, "But at the time it's open to three guilds, I wonder if it ought to be a guildskill at all."

Margaux states, "As a former chandler, I was quite required to learn herbalism, really."

Nils giggles.

Takta says, "But I feel a bit like Physicians are constantly undercut by people selling herbalism stuff."

Jahaezick claims, "Well it makes sense for all three guilds. It's an extremely varied skillset."

Margaux says, "It probably shouldn't be a guildskill, tbh."

Takta says, "People take herbalism and then again and again use it for medical RP."

Lidiya states, "Having three guilds with the skill - yeah."

Emma asks, "Aye, make it like Cooking and Brewing?"

Jahaezick pontificates, "I'd vote for that!"

Cahrilee has returned from AFK.

Cahrilee has gone AFK.

Margaux states, "You'll get more poisoners that way."

Mika states, "Im just in it for the gardening"

Jahaezick pontificates, "We need more poisoners!"

Takta says, "Maybe we need to take the medicine out of herbalism and stick it in Medicine."

Kinaed says, "I'll chat with staff about it offline and get back to people. There are a few ramifications regarding it, and we're well over time with more topics to cover."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Misune purses lips "And what about the poisons, where would we stick them..

Jahaezick claims to Takta, "That's actually what I was going to suggest."

Kinaed asks of Cahrilee, "You had a question?"

Margaux says, "Or put the scented oils in chandlery"

Takta claims, "I think she said skip hers."

Hunapo nods to Takta

Takta nods at Margaux.

Otois states to Kinaed, "She just went afk I think"

Galen states, "I'd be down with certain crafts sharing recipes."

Kinaed states, "Okay, well that might mean we're ready to wrap up."

Galen claims, "I think jeweling and blacksmithing could share some."

Kato asks, "Do other guilds get rumor feedback messages?"
Last edited by Voxumo on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurks the Forums

Voxumo

Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Kinaed claims, "Some public service announcements:"

Margaux states to Kato, "Nope."

Kinaed states to Kato, "Nope."

Emma shakes head at Kato.

Takta claims, "And they also don't get free rumors or the ability to use rumors anywhere. ;)"

Jahaezick claims to Galen, "That's a bit harder to do than it sounds."

Kato laughs and admits, "Ah man...Okay. Just call me dumb for ever doubting rumors then. I'll mess around with them. Use rumors? As in promote and quash?"

Kinaed says, "Thank you everyone who voted for TI recently, we've held #3 on TMC all month, and we couldn't do it without you. Thank you. If you're interested in helping TI get more players for you to RP with, please consider turning on 'autovote' and voting for us often."

Takta says to Kato, "Or buy them. NonTroubs must be in rumor rooms."

Jahaezick exclaims, "We were #1 at the start of the month!"

Kinaed says to Otois, "Thank you for writing a review of TI this month."

Galen pontificates, "We're the best!"

Margaux says, "I think autovote has been great for our voting stats."

Takta nods.

Galen seems to remember autovote being his idea

Galen takes the credit

Kinaed says, "If anyone here has a Reddit account, I would personally be grateful if you wrote something suggesting people try us out there in the proper place for it - we've had a lot of success with advertising on Reddit when TI players went there."

Emma spams r/MUD whenever able.

Kato saw the reddit post. Just do it, people.

Kinaed claims, "If you have a login for http://www.mudportal.com/, you can select the number of stars above our game's image to rate TI - and you can do that every day as a vote."

Margaux has never used reddit. x.x

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kinaed claims to Margaux, "Nor I."

Otois queries, "I just have a short psa if I may?"

Emma states, "There is a monthly contest for "MUD of the Month" on the MUD subreddit, by the way. If people upvote the poster who puts up TI, I think it wins."

Kinaed declares to Otois, "Go for it!"

Misune has never really understood what reddit is supposed to be

Lily has always been scared of reddit

Kinaed asks of Emma, "Can you provide me the Mud of the Month Reddit link?"

Jahaezick says, "Social media site. Nothing more, nothing less."

Emma declares, "Sure, one sec!"

Otois states, "It is a very obvious one, but we've run into this one so I wanted to use this time to reitarate it. Do not write closed emotes unless the other player agreed, which means, for example do not grab, hold, do anything to another character without them agreeing to it. And especially do not do that as a hemote, because then they cannot even see the closed emote which... leads to very wonky situations."

Emma says, "Https://www.reddit.com/r/mud <-- The subreddit itself. The game that won September is stickied at the top. Looks like the post for the actual voting was removed after they picked the winner."

Kato says, "I actually just remembered a question I had about rumors and sources."

Jahaezick raises a hand.

Emma claims, "Goes up once a month, though. October should be up soon."

Kinaed queries to Otois, "Wow, people have been doing that?"

Otois says, "I can give you details after if you want"

Kinaed queries to Kato, "Yes?"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kinaed claims to Emma, "Thank you."

Jahaezick asks, "Are closed emotes acceptable if they're decided as a result of challenge, though?"

Galen muses, "Why do a closed emote when you can contest skills now?"

Galen gets beat up.

Kinaed claims, "Hmm, that's something I hadn't considered."

Jahaezick socks Galen in the face heartily.

Misune shrugs a bit "I'll admit I typically do some version of closed emote, but word it in such a way that the person can decide whether or not Misune actually succeeds at what he is attempting to do

Otois finishes abruptly to Jahaezick, "If that was greed with another player - yes"

Kinaed says to Jahaezick, "Let me think about that and post something in a policy help file, etc."

Otois claims, "This is why we have tells"

Kato states, "It's about the source. Obviously, Kato wants to be influencing it...so he should be the source, yes? But I know it's better if I could use an NPC as the source. Is this meta or like what is the policy with it, exactly? Help rumor policy seems a bit vague with regards to that. But it's good about how to frame other people as the source."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Galen makes Jahaezick into a sweater.

Jahaezick is a damn lovely sweater.

Galen queries, "Do contests echo?"

Kinaed claims to Misune, ""Kinaed reaches out to slap Misune" is a good example of an 'open' emote that can be read as closed."

Otois claims, "Well, if i Have to do something to someone esle i go with "if allowed he hugs the other person" for example"

Misune nods to Kinaed "Exactly, makes your intent clear but ultimately it is up to the other person if it succeeds

Galen says, "Yeah, I usually do 'reaches to', 'moves to', etc."

Kinaed states to Kato, "It's bad form to bring OOC info that your character doesn't know or have the ability to know into rumors, but the source can be any logical source for the rumor."

Temi finishes abruptly, "If Kato is ICly starting it, he should be listed as the rumor - though you can add more info there if you want - like Kato via Lysander at the Queen's"

Kinaed states, "Yeah, I'd do something like "Kinaed moves to hug Otois.""

Galen states, "I've had Galen promise not to tell anyone about something that happened in a public place, then started a rumor about it anyway with an NPC as the source :3c"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Otois hugs Kinaed and tries to cop a feel

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Temi states, "If it's not ICly Kato, don't feel obliged to put him."

Misune smirks "Damn npcs... always lurking in the shadows."

Kinaed is a big horse with a horn, Otois.

Jahaezick states, "Otois confirmed brony"

Otois exclaims, "Do not judge me for me being kinky about horses!"

Jahaezick declaims, "Another PSA!"

Kato asks, "So it's more of a question of intent? Knowingly starting slander versus just using an NPC who saw the event as the source?"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Temi nods at Kato.

Jahaezick pontificates, "If you do something like kill an NPC, make a charnote about it and do the mood in the room to reflect that something happened!"

Galen pontificates, "Exactly!"

Takta says, "And source is used for RPA purposes, too."

Kato states, "Okay, good. "

Takta wonders, "If somebody tracked the rumor down, who would they find at the ultimate end?"

Lily claims, "Well, Kato can be pleased that an NPC started a certain rumour without starting it himself."

Lily claims, "But you can't roleplay Kato starting rumours without--starting rumours."

Misune favorite source 'Random passer-by, random church-goer, random etc-goer'

Otois claims, "And if it happened behind closed doors, well, there are not always random passing people"

Kato claims, "Let's say I totally witnessed Takta casting evil magics."

Lily claims, "At least thats how I think of it."

Jahaezick claims, "As zi often does."

Galen says, "If something happened in public it's fair game for rumors, even if no PCs involved would have blabbed about it"

Kato asks, "And I personally want to bring Takta to justice via gossip. But it would make sense that an NPC could be the source as well. I still use myself as the source, yes?"

Galen exclaims, "City streets, taverns, etc. can always be assumed to have passing NPCs!"

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Otois says to Galen, "I find it actually sensible to make rumor about your own dumb actions if they happened in public"

Hunapo trails off, "And rumors can be blatent lies too..."

Kinaed claims to Kato, "You could choose."

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kinaed nods at Hunapo.

Zaerieth states, "I'm still trying to fugre how we should treat rumors"

Takta states, "If Kato ICly brings justice, then you're the source."

Takta states, "If Kato decides against it, then it's the NPC."

Zaerieth claims, "As order"

Kinaed claims, "Once, someone said in rumors that my character was a lesbian having an affair with her cousin."

Jahaezick states, "Rumors are really the only way to know what you wouldn't usually know ICly, ICly with others."

Kinaed states, "I got investigated by the Order for that. :)"

Kato says, "So if I'm actually there, I can defer to an NPC? Because ICly and OOCly Kato knows it's best to stay away from the rumor if he can."

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Kato claims, "Despite him 'starting it via the command'"

Otois states, "Well if kato would not gossip about it so yea, use npc"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Takta says, "You can defer, just don't use deferring as a way to achieve your PC's goals 'safely'."

Takta grins.

Kato claims, "Alrighty. "

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure that that is quite correct."

Galen states, "I think it's in bad faith to start a rumor that aligns with your characters' interests without listing yourself as the source."

Kato claims, "If I just don't give a shit and I was there, an npc saw it. Or if it's some random humorless throwaway rumor. Whoever started the, "Has anyone seen my wife?" rumor always makes me fucking laugh when I read it."

Kinaed claims, "Achieving your character's goals implies action on your part, so you should take responsibility for your actions rather than hiding behind an NPC"

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Takta states, "That's what I mean."

Galen says, "I say either list yourself as the source or refrain, as if it were a crossover issue - but feel free to promote it if someone else starts it."

Kinaed claims, "But if something happened in a public place, anyone can report it, including and especially vnpcs."

Otois trails off, "Damn the wenches..."

Misune would like to point out we are currently 22 minutes over

Takta claims, "If it's something your PC -really cares about- and would totally gossip about, but you use an NPC to spread the rumor... that teeters on the verge of giving yourself an unfair advantage."

Kinaed claims, "I think I'd treat that in a case by case, depending on how likely an NPC thematically would have reported it versus how much it's in your own best interest for the source to be an NPC when it's not likely an NPC would have said anything."

Misune sneezes loudly.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed claims, "Just saying how I'd handle it if it came up as a policy enquiry."

Kinaed says, "Inquiry. Darn American spelling vs Australian."

Kato declaims, "Sounds a lot like just be a good player about it. Thanks! "

Kinaed queries, "Okay, I think that wraps us up for today?"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Otois states, "When in doubt, ask staff"

Galen states, "If it feels gross, don't do it (tm)"

Takta grins at Galen.

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kato claims, "Don't forget to ic_event my poet knighthood. I think I put it on the board."

Kinaed states, "Okay, thank you so much for attending everyone."

Galen declares, "Also keep in mind how you would feel if someone did it to you!"

Kinaed claims to Kato, "We'll process the Request Board soon."

Kinaed claims, "I have notes to catch up with three people after this and to chat with staff about two items."

Kinaed says, "I'll be in touch."

Mika has gone AFK.

Mika waves.

Kinaed declares, "Thanks again everyone!"

Emma waves.
Lurks the Forums

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:12 am

Hey Misune, did the first half of the log disappear? Thanks!

Voxumo

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:00 pm

Kinaed wrote:Hey Misune, did the first half of the log disappear? Thanks!
Hmm... Truth be told, I have no idea what happened. When I initially posted this, I'm 98% sure the whole staff update section was in there. There's no reason it should have cut off like it did... Though I'll quickly go back through and get this fixed.
Lurks the Forums

• Information