OOC Log for 9/18.2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Silrie

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Kinaed queries, "(Eld)Today's Agenda is:
- Staff Updates

- Player Heartbeat

- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Zaerieth loves faith's pose (OOC Emote)

Faith says to Kinaed, "I'd like to bring up one thing, it's a small one."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Note, I have... at least two topics already registered. :)"

Kinaed nods at Faith.

Ofelia states, "I have something as well, if there's time."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Kinaed asks, "(Eld)Okay, 4 registered topics. Anyone else?"

Silrie queries, "I have something? I don't think it'll be popular, haha, but figured I'd bring it up?"

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Five."

Edward says, "I just want to say I love you guys."

Kinaed smiles at Edward.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, I'd like to ask that those of you who have registered a topic with me today, please type it up in Notepad now so that when I call upon you, you're ready to introduce your topic."

Kinaed exclaims, "(Eld)Thanks!"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Before we start, I have a public service announcement at the request of a staff member."

Azarial gets a griffin fletched obsidian tipped rowan arrow from the corpse of a Lithmorran man.

Azarial eats the corpse of a Lithmorran man.

Azarial puts a griffin fletched obsidian tipped rowan arrow in a quiver beaded with lightning from clouds at the mouth to trees.

Azarial relaxes the draw on her bow.

Silrie says, "Rofl"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)I'm not sure what led to this request, so anyone who feels that this applies to them, I don't know about it: if someone is being creepy/stalky, please report it to staff. We cannot do anything about it if you don't tell us."

Azarial says, "(Daravi)Sorry; he accosted me with a knife when I was fixing bugs. So I shot him in the face."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Secondly, if you are being creepy or stalky towards other players on TI, then you're probably going to end up banned."

Sabari twitches an eye at Azarial.

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)One shot, one kill."

Otois asks, "You mean creepy/stalky in OOC way, not icly?"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Temi claims, "We want everyone to be happy and comfortable here, on an OOC level, so everyone should feel entitled to such."

Faith states, "Whoa, haven't had to hear about anything like that in about a year."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Yeah, go ahead and stalk each other ICly, but if it's happening across alts, it's clearly OOC, and if it's happening in tells, it's clearly OOC, etc."

Kinaed nods at Faith.

Kato queries, "I assume this means, not going through OOC channels, and if your character's persona drives them to be the 'creepy' type, you respect if someone oocly asks you to stop. Make up some reason why he or she would not continue the pursuit. ??"

Otois nods and takes a deep sigh "Was worried you wanted to outlaw creepy icly behavious, would kill my rp"

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Brb"

Temi states, "Mainly don't take it OOC."

Kinaed says to Faith, "(Eld)I haven't seen/heard anything like it in a really long time, and I don't know what the incident was... but people, please self-check your behavior and back off if you think something happened that might apply to you."

Zelos claims to Otois, "You are soo creepy."

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Edward says, "It is made clear in policy you ALWAYS respect boundaries if rp makes someone uncomfortable or says you went too far."

Kato asks Otois, "asl?"

Tomas states, "(Tubori)It's a cardinal rule. don't be a dick oocly"

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)And really, no creeping up on somebody your last alt crept up on, or etc."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)That OOC element is the big problem in most cases."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think it's reasonable to OOCly explain that the IC RP is bothering you. As a non-consensual game, if that's not respected, please speak to staff to mediate, because your IC character should be subject to stalking, but if it's OOC in any regard, it absolutely isn't okay, and I'd hope that people would ease off if it's IC knowing that it's OOCly bothering RP partners."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Otois says, "There are ways to tone down stalking/creepiness while maintaining the same result, this is why we have help graphic"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, that public service announcent is done. Checking my list."

Kato says to Kinaed. "Thanks! Sounds good."

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kinaed exclaims, "(Eld)Okay, Staff Updates!"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I haven't been around much due to IRL job searching, but I have handled a policy case or two, cleared out the Recommend queue (actually, Mika's done most of the heavy lifting there) and set up a change into Az's queue that magic use in front of NPCs in lawful areas will report to the Knights in much the same way breaking and entering reports to Reeves."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)This will affect primarily public rooms and the nicer side of town if a mob is present."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)I've also bumped the request for CONTEST to be updated so that people can contest skills."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I think that's all for me. Azarial, you're up."

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)I have converted the player races to an olc so we can do some tweaking fo strigs and what not on the fly; that has been a source of a surprising numnber of crashes. The kissue with reroll nuking passwords has been resolved; i anticipate a lot less weird string issues in that mamory location. Eavesdropping is in, but untested. most of the spam on it is resolved. the start to the skyway is in, albeit premature. darn crashes."

Faith states, "Sweet, like all of those"

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed pontificates to Temi, "(Eld)You're up!"

Temi declaims, "Okay!"

Temi claims, "Still not being tooo busy. More RPA, more little things."

Temi claims, "I added mushrooms in as a 'vegetable' for cooking, so you can use them there."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)Oh sweet! I didn't know that."

Takta grins.

Temi claims, "And I've started up a cooking contest. You have a week to submit some gourmet recipes for possible inclusion in the cooking system."

Zaerieth has lost link.

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Sweet."

Temi claims, "The ones that are currently in that 60ish range are entries from previous cooking contests too"
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Mmm. braised rat on a stick"

Temi states, "So, it's a chance to leave your mark on the cooking system."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "(Eld)Your taste never ceases to amaze me."

Temi grins.

Temi states, "And that's my week."

Zaerieth has reconnected.

Kinaed says to Takta, "(Eld)You're up :)"

Azarial trails off, "(Daravi)A stick of herbed butter inside, more under the skin, pat him down with more herbs and spices, gently ser over low coals...."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)I'm very pleased to be able to announce that the Skyway (for our new players, the Skyway is a new grid of rooftop and sky rooms above the current grid) is 100% described."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Some further code changes are required to bring it all into actual play, which will then necessitate some further work by me, and as such the prior estimate of the end of September is still standing."

Kinaed cheers and claps.

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)FAQs about the skyway: 1) There will not be a skill for navigating rooftop rooms, but there will be occasional dex checks in rooms that are particularly difficult to jump between.
2) You will indeed be able to shove other people off rooftops, though it is a risky affair that might hurt your character as well.
3) There are more sky rooms (for flying mages) than rooftop rooms, but large portions of the city can be traversed in new and swifter ways by roofs. I may add 'density' as it goes on, but we were already talking a 430-room addition to the grid, so I went ahead and called it for now. "

Faith rubs his hands together, " Soon I will be able to travel like a Ninja in an Anime."

Sabari cheers!

Kato can't wait to get even more lost.

Takta says, "(Vandagan)I also have been working on some very last (hopefully!) wound tweaks to ensure healing speed is proceeding as planned."

Otois muses, "Will there be a chance that shoving someone/falling will permakill?"

Kinaed states to Takta, "(Eld)I can't remember if this is accounted for, but if a mage has flight active, shoving them probably ought not to result in them falling."

Takta states to Otois, "(Vandagan)If you go down and finish them, yes."

Takta says to Kinaed, "(Vandagan)Yeah, should be in the spec."

Otois smiles at Takta.

Aios claims, "Is there a chance for big fat guys to fall through weak ceilings? >.>"

Kinaed nods at Takta.
Azarial states, "(Daravi)Falling code will ignore them."

Takta claims to Aios, "(Vandagan)...Not at the moment, but you tempt me."

Ofelia snickers at Aios.

Kato wonders, "Are there ways to see people up or above you if you aren't at an 'up exit'?"

Kinaed says to Aios, "(Eld)That sort of thing can probably be tackled with mprogs."

Margaux will not be taking any more moonlit rooftop walks with Otois!

Faith muses to Kinaed, "Sooooo the church can start pushing people off of the bell tower to test for magery?"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Kato says, "Errr below or above you I emean."

Sabari laughs.

Kinaed says to Kato, "(Eld)Look up."

Aios grins at Faith.

Takta says, "(Vandagan)I haven't yet specced up anything to see people flying above you if you're not directly below an up exit. That may prove impossible."

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Scan, and you can look directions"

Kinaed states to Faith, "(Eld)They could at that. :)"

Ofelia states to Faith, "Brilliant."

Aios says, "Splat... innocent."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)There isn't a perfect 1:1 in rooms due to... there just isn't."

Takta grins.

Kinaed grins at Aios.

Takta states, "(Vandagan)But many rooms have up exits, -especially- within the city. More than don't, in fact."

Faith says to Ofelia, "It's similar to the real 'water' test for mages"

Takta states, "(Vandagan)The wilderness is more 2:1 to let flying be a VERY fast way of transit."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kato nods to Takta. "What about yellsrpyells between top and bottom where they aren't connected by code?"

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)That's it for me! Next project TBA."

Takta claims to Kato, "(Vandagan)Only will work if connected, I'm afraid, but if that ends up being a big problem we could figure it out."

Zaerieth grins, "I, like this idea (OOC Emote)

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Yells travel as the player walks. if there's no exit, you wont; hear it"

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Seriously, though, they're mostly all connected."

Kinaed nods.

smile
Silrie smiles.

'Sounds awesome.
Silrie states, "Sounds awesome."

Kinaed claims to Mika, "(Eld)You're up :)"

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)(Except in the wilderness where you're only going to be on 'level 2' if you're flying)"

Silrie claims, "Sil's gonna give Sikod a heart attack, runnin' around on roofs."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Can thoes below detect if a mage is flying?"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)If someone is standing in midair above you, they're flying."

Takta says to Zaerieth, "(Vandagan)Look up will work."

Azarial says, "(Daravi)If you look up, i imagine"

'lol
Silrie states, "Lol"

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)At this time, shadows are not on the docket"

Faith queries to Takta, "How will the Skyway affect phome building?"

Silrie states, "I was interested in that myself."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)We discussed if phomes would automatically have a roof, but I cannot remember if we had a decision."

Aios trails off, "Two wooden rooms, one roof, two clouds..."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)You can build homes on level 2 if you have a suitable locale/explanation in the desc. So far I was able to avoid roofs in phomes. "

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Similarly to how all phomes have a street in front of them."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta says, "(Vandagan)You can request a roof room and access to the skyway at will and if your phome is properly placed I can try to make it happen."

Kinaed claims to Faith, "(Eld)I think that issue is unresolved."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Having a roof doesn't mean accessible by roof."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Much more likely to work out if you're in the city proper."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Silrie states, "Confused."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Some roofs are virtual, i.e., you cannot go down from them because they don't represent existing rooms."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "So, is it only thiefs, or mages who would use the sky way?"

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Basically? If you want a roof room in the skyway, ask for it. Otherwise you won't have one, probably."

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)Phomes might have a roof, but if there's no hole in the roof or chimney, getting up/down is a non-issue."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)Anyone can use the skyway though only those using magic can fly."

Otois states to Zaerieth, "Children, people with too much time, people who like to break their necks"

Takta says, "(Vandagan)So those who cannot fly will have to stick to roof rooms."

Silrie says, "Lol otois"

Azarial states, "(Daravi)Fun would be southside guards ready to shove poeple off their roofs"

Kato claims, "Hahaha."

Kinaed states to Mika, "(Eld)You're up :)"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, Mika is afk. We'll skip her."

Kinaed wonders, "(Eld)That brings us to Player Heartbeat! How was the RP last week, folks?"

Kato declares, "Great!"

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Good. quiet for one char, not so for another"

Ofelia claims, "Good! High drama. :D"

Otois says OOCly, "Conflicty! A lot of conflict! Guess will need to start making new char concept very soon if it keeps the pace"

Sabari states, "Wish I could say! Have been pretty out of the loop for bit thanks to real life. Seemed like cool things were happening though. :)"

Silrie says, "Fun! Sil had an ic birthday, and that was really sweet rp."

Takta says to Sabari, "(Vandagan)Welcome back. :D"

Sabari smiles at Takta.

Kinaed smiles at Sabari.

Edward says, "I thought the mix of repetition with character development in one case I will be doing a recommendation for was awesome."

Zelos claims, "I was running around and someone thought I was crazy. >.>"

Otois pontificates, "And you did not recommend that person for creativity!"

Tomas claims, "(Tubori)Quiet for me, for obvious reasons lol"

Otois teases Zelos

Kinaed questions, "(Eld)May I ask if there's anything going on with the game that is irritating people? Anything that needs staff attention? (Beyond our player topics if you've registered one)"

Zelos is teased! xD

Kinaed has transferred Emma. [OOC]

Temi gives a brightly colored, toy parrot wearing a patch over his eye to Emma.

Kato says, "I wish there were special commands unlocked when you mastered a perform skill. But it's far from irritating."

Edward states, "Lots thats irritating, nothing needing staff involvement. :p"

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Oh, nothing to bad. save topics I already raised before the chat."

Margaux says, "Over being pregnant IC? Otherwise good here. We need an express version for busy people."

Faith claims, "Kind of the same as Edward, nothing to bring up that needs staff intervention"

Temi says to Margaux, "The 'express' version if 4:1 time"

'Think you guys should totally put in a coded sequence for fixing the road. XD
Silrie states, "Think you guys should totally put in a coded sequence for fixing the road. XD"

Margaux declaims to Temi, "Right!"

Margaux states, "Super express."

Kinaed has lost link.
Kinaed has reconnected.

Takta states to Silrie, "(Vandagan)Well, at the end of it all, a plot advance can go in for infrastructure to back up all that RP."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I missed anything from when I transed Emma in."

Azarial wonders, "(Daravi)The road should not be codely broken?"

Faith says, "Kind of the same as Edward, nothing to bring up that needs staff intervention(repost for Kinky)"

Takta claims to Azarial, "(Vandagan)IC plot about repaving broken cobblestones, etc."

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Ahh"

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Oh, nothing to bad. save topics I already raised before the chat."

Azarial nods.

Kinaed nods at Faith.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, thank you everyone."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)So on that note, let's move to player topics."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)The first one I have is anonymous on the staff board: Whippings and Reeve Crime and Punishment in general."

Kinaed asks, "(Eld)I posted a note about medieval themese on the general board. Did that clear things up for people? Are there further questions or thoughts on the topic?"

Mika has returned from AFK.

Mika waves.

Kinaed smiles at Mika.

Kinaed claims to Mika, "(Eld)Welcome back."

Edward waves.

Tomas claims, "(Tubori)Seems pretty straight forward to me"

Ofelia says, "I feel like this is something that has come up in any game I've played with a 'dark medieval' fantasy theme. It's a tough sell to convince players to onboard the violence, even when it's setting appropriate."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)I would just like to make a suggestion that it's surprisingly rewarding in many cases to embrace the theme, though. The amount of interesting RP you get out of it, especially -for- a PC who is gentler by nature."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I'd like to ask that people embrace the medieval mentality. It's what we're here to RP afterall. Staff discussed this a bit and got the sense that people may "OOCly" want to "be the hero"."

Margaux claims, "It has been something we've struggled with for as long as I've been playing."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Wishing there was another, gentler way but believing there's not can be a very intriguing plotline to play out."

Mika nods at Takta.

Kato states, "Yeah, seemed clear to me. Kinda what Ofelia says, I think most players just gravitate towards being nicer even if it goes against theme. Perhaps some other players misinterpreted those decisions as well. I did my best to act like a jerk, I promise."

Mika declaims to Kato, "(Farin)You were a fantastic jerk!"

Takta grins at Kato.

Sabari queries, "I really enjoyed the readings! Asked for any additional reading material if possible on the ooc channel today. It would be interesting to have a list compiled of possible resources since the whole medieval mindset can feel really foreign sometimes. I think Takta suggested a library of sorts?"

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Yeah, Sabari's comment made me think we could use a website section."

Temi states, "Feel free to be nicer if you think that's what the character would do, but know that theme is standing against you and you're the weird one, not the one doing the whippings."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)That is, our modern morality says taking pleasure in violent, cruel punishments is wrong, but back in the day not only did people not have TV, there were no forensics, etc, to catch criminals, so cruel and unusual punishment was done to scare the shit out of people who might offend."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)How to understand the medieval mind, etc."

Azarial states, "(Daravi)In some cases, it's not being a jerk, it is saving their soul or helping them find their proper place in society as a useful member."

Kinaed nods at Sabari.

Silrie says, "Well, next time, I'll be sure not to have my character care so publically. LOL. Lest it be misconstrued as, playing said hero"

Ofelia states to Takta, "And it is! Just like playing 'proper'. Which also shouldn't be as outside of the norm as it is."

Faith says, "Peace not war is a very modern thought. I personally don't think TI is as 'hard' as it really was, alot of people are given a bit of leeway."

Rimilde nods, "I like the idea of more resources for learning, especially a library so we are using the same resources, creates consistency."

Otois claims to Kinaed, "Think a good next step would be similar post about fear of magic ;)"

Kinaed nods at Rimilde.
Mika states, "(Farin)Playing proper and also respecting and obeying the nobility as though they were literally picked up and placed on their thrones by the hand of god is a bit of a stumbling point even for me"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kato exclaims, "Not meaning to break the ooc barrier, but it seemed fitting for your character. I just think a lot of people are nervous to speak up in those kinds of events. The Mass had a similar feeling, IMO. And I knew I was nervous before speaking up!"

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Takta states, "(Vandagan)We could start some forum threads on tips for how to do this. I have a particular take on class relations that helps me a lot."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think a shared understanding is a good point to start."

Sabari nods at Takta.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I don't want to proscribe people's RP or tell them that they're playing wrong though, that's probably going a bit too far."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Mika nods.

Takta says, "(Vandagan)It's a difficult line to walk, because the game needs theme to upheld to function."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)*to be upheld"

Ofelia says to Mika, "Disconent should definitely not be uncommon, since it's absolutely and totally unfair. But I think there ought to be a slight suspension of disbelief about it being 'the thing to do', or else the theme tends to gravitate just toward said discontent which.. can't be fun for the players of nobles."

Tomas says to Kinaed, "(Tubori)I don't either, but I will admit I get a little perturbed when I see people go on about bourgoise and proletariate in a medieval setting"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)But at least if everyone knows the medieval mindset, that will at least make acting counter to theme a character choice rather than a standard behavior that makes the theme meaningless. I hope. :)"

Mika says, "(Farin)I think a good way to approach it is your character can be however they want, but there's also a realistic way to play how they'd behave in public with lots of people lurking around who would jump out and reprimand them"

Takta nods at Mika.

Margaux says, "The theme definitely doesn't hold up when 4/5 people all want to 'be the hero' or 'reasonably minded' person."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Just a note: I'm not sure so many people thought it unfair back in the day."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Even if you hate the status quo you know you're alone an you keep it to yourself."

Takta grins.

Kato nods to Margaux.

Mika states, "(Farin)Not knowing if your friends will report you to the order for being a heretic for smack talking a noble"

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)My take is that the status quo makes sense. Nobles ARE better than you."

Zumini states, "I will say it is okay to feel bad that someone has to be whipped... I mean it hurts it is supposed to hurt.. but it is acceptance of the greater good mentality."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)We see it as unfair because we believe in equality, but people in medieval times did NOT believe in equality."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)They were raised with money, education, and all the opportunity in the world."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)They are gonna be better-suited to run things than commoners or even most gentry."

Azarial states, "(Daravi)And theya re wellfed. that goes a long ways."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)To them, it'd be unfair if a peasant were expected to be of the same calibur and responsibilities as a noble or vice versa. Fairness is very subjective."

Edward says, "Actually in Rome whipping was so popular they invented new kinds of whips. Which is kinda the point: We are not us here."

Ofelia nods to Kinaed.

nod
Mika states, "(Farin)It would be stepping wayyy out of line to think you knew better than someone with an education like that (by their standard)"
Silrie nods.

Takta nods at Edward.

Kato says, "Just think: All it takes is being a meany-head for one scene and you'll get showered with Recs. Bribery at it's finest."

Faith has been publicly whipped, stabbed by a Noble, beaten by a noble, and threatened, all seemed very thematic.

Takta grins at Kato.

Mika claims, "(Farin)(i have to keep qualifying because i play nobles from a really pinko standpoint)"

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Also a fair point."

Faith trails off, "Huh.... all of those happened from the same person....."

Margaux queries to Faith, "Oh, where do I sign up for my turn?"

Silrie makes plans to become a brat. XD [Hidden]

Otois claims to Kato, "Depends on the crowd, but generally yea"

Kinaed asks, "(Eld)Okay, just for the sake of speediness - I can see we're already headed to go over... Zaerieth, you're up. Please introduce your topic?"

Faith states to Margaux, "He got hung till his head popped off."

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)We did start late"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Tomas pontificates to Faith, "(Tubori)There is only one person I can think of who did that!"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Still, we have the Pirate Event on later."

Zumini claims to Mika, "Except when they noble has to be tutored, so they are right again. It is a vicious cycle."

Takta declaims, "(Vandagan)(Pirate ST after this! Arrr!)"

Kinaed wonders to Zaerieth, "(Eld)Your topic, my lady?"

Mika claims to Zumini, "(Farin)There'd definitely be restrictions on who is allowed to tutor a noble though ;)"

Zumini questions to Mika, "People who are smarter than nobles?"

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)And even if you see a PC noble being 'dumb', well, they're the odd one out. The brain works that way when we believe things, it makes excuses."

Mika states, "(Farin)They wouldn't be allowed to make that judgment call for themselves"

Margaux states, "Ofelia does all of Margaux's child rearing for me. I just do the fun things like excursions to burnings."

Takta grins at Margaux.

Ofelia has the faith of Crestley in her hands. (OOC Emote)

Edward declaims to Margaux, "Ha!"

Ofelia states, "Uh. They are being taught Vandagan theatre which is PARAMOUNT to administering land, thank-you-very-much."

Edward claims, "Vavard is better. >.>"

Tomas says, "(Tubori)I have an NPC nanny except when I want to trot out my children and dote on them"

Margaux states to Ofelia, "It is all death and murder, very useful for future ruling class."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think Zaerieth may be unflagged AFK."

Ofelia nods sagely, "Z'actly."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Therefore, we'll skip her and since I know what she wanted to talk about, I'll introduce it later if she doesn't get back to me."

Kinaed states to Faith, "(Eld)You're up - please introduce your topic."

Faith says, "Can we get a notification on our prompt that shows if we have 'swim' toggled or not? I can't count the number of times I've forgotten it was on and then wound up swimming when I wouldn't have done so intentionally."

Kinaed states to Faith, "(Eld)I don't see an issue with that, sure."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)There's also autolist."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Which is getting long and extensive."

Takta grins.

Kinaed queries to Faith, "(Eld)Is that all?"

Faith states to Kinaed, "Yup, i said it was small :D"

Kinaed pontificates to Ofelia, "(Eld)You're up then! :)"

Azarial states, "(Daravi)Well, i hvae been thinking about the old option command I wrote for Q. formats it up nicely and removes extraneous commands"

Margaux asks of Faith, "What you do with it that counts, surely?"

Ofelia claims, "So! I have come across a handful of (minor) incidents lately which I'd put under the 'RP etiquette' umbrella. I know there are a lot of new players / players who are new to the MUD genre as a whole, so this isn't really me trying to point fingers to name, shame and go 'You have done a BAD. BAD. THING.' But I think a little goes a long, long way, as far as being polite to your fellow players goes. Characters are of varying importance, but every player's time is equally worthwile. So I guess this is a PSA on not playing more characters at once than you/your client can handle, avoiding powerposing, answering mail, etc."

Ofelia clears her throat, "That was my notepad paragraph for ya'..."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Azarial states, "(Daravi)And avoid closed emotes."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)Related to that, in my RP, I've encountered a lot of folks not observing turn order and posing sometimes 3-4 times before I can get a pose out."

Otois says OOCly, "What is powerposing? Same as godmoding and closed emotes?"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Some people are naturally slower RPers than others, but if you're taking 5-10 minutes between emotes, that's probably unfair to an RP partner who is awaiting your next pose with baited breath."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)I'm not a slow poser, I just like to write a little longer! It may not be a norm new folks are used to, but abiding by rough order really helps everyone participate equally."

Kinaed nods.

Azarial says, "(Daravi)Bated."

Ofelia claims to Otois, "And yup."

Azarial says, "(Daravi)No one would rp with you if you had baited breath."

Margaux states, "I tend to assume that turns are in place unless there are 4+ people in a room."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, so with that public service announcement, please read HELP RP CULTURE if you have not already. In fact, if you have - please reread it, I think it got updated last week."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "(Eld)Hehe, we all love fish breath."

Azarial says, "(Daravi)Well, maybe. i'm not a fan of kissing fish."

Margaux claims to Kinaed, "Especially the sharks amongst us."

Mika declaims, "(Farin)And don't forget to report people to the order FOR ANY REASON!"

Mika claims, "(Farin)YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO PURE"

Kinaed giggles.

Sabari cheers raucously.

Temi says, "The trick is to use the right bait for the people you want to RP with."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, Silrie - you had a topic? Please introduce us."

Azarial muses, "(Daravi)...flames are sin leaving the soul?"

Mika says, "(Farin)DON'T BATHE? DIRTY SOUL. SMACK TALK A NOBLE? YOU PROBABLY SMACK TALK THE LORD -- yes, go on silrie"

Mika sits back and folds her hands

Zaerieth has lost link.

Kinaed has transferred Galen. [OOC]

Galen declaims, "It's me!"

Margaux towels Mika down and gets her a water bottle to get her ready for round 2.

Kinaed has transferred Lidiya. [OOC]

Galen muses, "I just got home! Is the meeting happening now? Did I miss it?"

Takta sits rapt at the faint of Saint Mika

Temi gives a brightly colored, toy parrot wearing a patch over his eye to Galen.

Mika says to Margaux, "(Farin)Thanks dad"

Takta declares to Galen, "(Vandagan)There's a few mins left!"

Temi gives a brightly colored, toy parrot wearing a patch over his eye to Lidiya.

Silrie claims, "Notepad paragraph, here it is."

Silrie muses, "I wanted to talk about earning xp. Is there any way we can ever earn minimal xp on our own by doing something, I would not know what. I was thinking several factors would have to be met, I'm not sure what. And here is why I bring this up. Many of us are either on different time zones or, heck, in my case, an insomniac. I have seen times where there are only 4 of us on or a handful of us on, and most people are in private areas, so it appears. If not allowed to earn tiny amounts of xp, is there any way we can advertise, hey, I'm here, looking for rp if anyone is up for it? There have been times where I've wanted to rp, but nobody is there. Or is that just kind of how it goes and it'd be better just to wait for more people to sign on? I know you have it the way you do to encourage player interaction, and I am so for that. But what if we can't find anyone to rp with at the time?"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I think we may go a little over."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)I think it's fair to say we don't expect everybody to always be earning XP at every time."

Emma is idle.

Galen states, "Hmmm! You can always do things like recommends or volunteer skyway descriptions to get QP, which can be converted to XP."

Margaux asks of Silrie, "You could put something in your wholist title to advertise your RPability?"

Otois looks up "top rp activity" briefly

Mika states to Silrie, "(Farin)If you send letters you get 100xp, if you want to send someone a tell and ask them if they're up for rp that's fine"

Ofelia says, "I'd say advertise in your title, though; I've seen players do it in the dead hours."

Aios claims to Silrie, "If you get a pen pal, you get 100xp per day or so for writing IC mail. Not QUITE by yourself but it's a thing."

Lidiya straps a brightly colored, toy parrot wearing a patch over his eye over her shoulder.

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)I personally don't mind being sent a tell, yeah."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)You can certainly advertise that you're looking for RP on either visnet or the OOC Channel. You can even ask specific people in tells, or just turn up wherever whereRP is on. To earn RPxp by yourself, you can mail letters."

Emma is no longer idle.
Emma has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Yeah, also can advertise in your title."

Ofelia parrots Margaux. Thematically appropriate.

Mika declares, "(Farin)If someone's online chances are they want to rp!"

Zaerieth has reconnected.

Kato has done his fair share of doing nothing in the Theatre. "Sometimes the whererp toggled on is all you can do, I think. It's like trying to hitch a ride on a state road."

Silrie nods.

Kato states, "You just hope someone stops by."

Otois states, "I almost never see a time when there is not a room with just one person on whererp. And that is your invitation"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I'm not keen on the idea of emoting alone in your room to get RPxp though as it doesn't really drive plot."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Edward is up for rp unless hes in a scene ALWAYS

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Sorry, what'd I miss?"

Silrie claims, "Sometimes I see people in their bedrooms with rp on and it's like, erm, I can't play the romeo to your balcony, juliet, come down"

Ofelia states to Silrie, "I'd even say hazard a tell. I know when I am on at weird hours, I sometimes do low RP stuff (writing, etc.) but I try to plop myself in a public area in case someone comes along."

Takta claims to Silrie, "(Vandagan)WhereRP defaults to on so people often forget to turn it off (me)."

Kinaed states to Zaerieth, "(Eld)When we're done chatting with Silrie, please introduce your topic."

Kinaed nods at Ofelia.

Silrie pontificates, "Okay, I got it, thanks for the suggesitons!"

Otois claims, "But yea to echo again, tells to ask 'up for a scene' are always fine. "

Silrie says, "Suggestions"

Ofelia states, "(But also, sometimes I forget and Ofelia is in her room, so really, don't hesitate to tell.)"

Kinaed smiles at Silrie.

Silrie says, "Now, make a way to avoid typos. now"

Kinaed asks of Zaerieth, "(Eld)Okay, please raise your topic, Zaerieth?"

Otois tells you, "You know that you are the top rper this week? :P"

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Dictionary.com"

Zaerieth nods.

Mika states, "(Farin)(also don't feel bad if you see someone on whererp in a phome sometimes there will be multiple people in a phome but one will have whererp off too, so it looks like they're alone, others expect guests)"

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Basicly, its this I'm noticing, a growing trend or pattern. if chars go for review by an inquisitor, they want to get staff involved, because they acuse the inquisitor of medigaming. its not just ben with me, but with other inquisitor's as well"

Zumini states to Silrie, "Anytime you see me on you are more than welcome to reach out. We can come up with a decent reason to interact I am sure"

Silrie smiles at Zumini.

Zaerieth states, "To sil same here"

Otois claims, "Most people I think share that sentiment zumi"

Mika nods.

Sabari declares, "Yup!"

Margaux claims, "I like to think people can knock on my office door if I'm there and rp on. but also feel free to send me a tell for a more incidental bumping-into."

Galen exclaims, "You can even arrange to 'coincidentally' wind up at the same public place, if there's no reason for you to meet!"

Aios claims to Zaerieth, "Unfortunately not a growing trend, it's been that way for a long time."

Wesley states, "(Vandagan)I don't think it's ever bad to have staff at least integrity check that, though. Given people have alts, i'd at least feel more comfortable if somebody was ensuring there wasnt OOC information abuse"

Kato queries, "I'd probably want staff involvement if my character's life were on the line. And I think part of it is a right as a player, right? Or am I wrong?"

Margaux says to Galen, "Oh, fancy meeting you here at the Peacock. Again."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)It depends a lot on the tone of the request."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Generally, if people believe someone is metagaming, I encourage them to pause the scene and contact me. I will ask what policy has been violated."

Mika nods.

Galen states to Margaux, "Th-that wasn't me at the Peacock! It was, uh... my twin brother, Balen."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Having been accused, as a player, of using OOC info - it's actually quite hurtful in many cases because someone is saying they don't trust you."

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)If it's done poorly, that is."

Otois states, "If there is chance of ooc abuse it is best to nip it in the bud right away, rather than let it linger as it tends to just keep on spoiling any future rp with that person"

Aios claims, "Usually it's only because the victim doesn't know the full extent of an investigation. So they think "I didn't tell anyone but Jim and Steve, so you must have had OOC knowledge!" not knowing that you just spent four days interrogating Jim and Steve."

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Registering a concern in polite and respectful ways is fine, and you should totally do it if you have a doubt, but most cases turn out totally legitimate."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)If the issue is a concerned citizen about IC/OOC Crossover, I tend to check people's cnotes first because it's too easy for someone to just tell me whatever will justify the situation in the moment. This is why recording secrets, attempts to frame people, pkill intent, etc, is important."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Agreed. and it makes the inquisitors, or who ever, frustrated.."

Takta nods at Aios.

Kinaed nods at Aios.

Takta says, "(Vandagan)I guess what I'm saying is 'it's fine to ask the staff to check but be respectful of the possibility you're wrong and that there's a real person on the other side.' *grin*"

Kinaed says to Zaerieth, "(Eld)That said, people have a character on the line, so I'm not sure that frustration isn't reasonable."

Ofelia claims, "I kinda like Wesley's point; if it's not too time consuming to do, blanket integrity checks would be a good standard, and that way no one would be pointing fingers."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I like to think the staff are pretty good about resolving policy cases quickly."

Zaerieth says to Kinaed, "I try and conte.. I'm not as good at times, but I do try espishally, when reviews are involved"

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Cnote"
Takta states to Ofelia, "(Vandagan)It adds a lot of time and effort and slowdowns if we have to policy-check every arrest, though."

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I'm not willing to do blanket checks."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)Even though as Kin says we're quick, we wouldn't be quick if we chased every case to its full details every time."

Takta grins.

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I don't have the time for it, or staff capacity."

Aios claims, "And then people end up in jail waiting for OOC resolution and not getting RP but there's nothing either side can do in the meantime."

Ofelia states, "There is that, which is annoying. I didn't really think in full detail, more like 'cnote, good to go!'."

Kinaed nods at Aios.

Takta nods at Aios.

Azarial states, "(Daravi)And in a lot of cases, you can rp your way back out of trouble"

Wesley says, "(Vandagan)I'm not saying there has to be blanket checks, but something as simple as a cnote expediates the whole process"

Takta claims, "(Vandagan)The problem is, many cases rely on multiple people's cnotes."

Kinaed claims to Ofelia, "(Eld)We're pretty much like 'cnote, good to go!' already. :)"

Ofelia nods.

Takta says, "(Vandagan)It can actually be remarkably time-consuming and difficult to investigate every piece of evidence behind a case."

Takta states, "(Vandagan)By the time folks get warranted there's usually a lot on them."

Ofelia laughs, "I.. have yet to be arrested, I truly am commenting blind here. XD"

Faith tests with minor stuff on potential crossover, if they 'pass' game on! if they don't, I try to keep alts separated from that person.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)I'll be honest, on a game like TI, I tend to take what Inquisitors say as honest. Believe me, they have very little vested interest in making more work for themselves."

Kato claims, "It's tough for me to say as I haven't been on either side of the table. But I will say that if a player has the RP power to more or less openly execute them, I would hope it's watched closely. But that's me. As for cnotes, well, mine are notoriously long lol."

Mika says, "(Farin)I think it's good to keep in mind that if you're going to endanger someone's character, just do a quick cnote, it's not a lot of effort compared to if it turns into a mess"

Margaux says to Kinaed, "There have been some bad apples in the past."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)And if you cross an Inquisitor ICly, and they decide to take you out for it, well that's sort of like Karma. My main issue is just OOC information or crossover."

Wesley states, "(Vandagan)Yeah, I mean I'm more concerned about alt crossover than anything else. Cnotes that explain how you know something IC goes a long way in ensuring that, well, it's IC"

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Kinaed nods at Wesley.

Otois says, "And logs if someone disputes the cnote"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Hell no. trust me, we have enough going on"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Yes, logging is a good idea."

Otois claims, "In this day and age, log everything and store it on dropbox. It is cheap"

Mika claims, "(Farin)Log snippets are good to have in cnotes"

Kato exclaims, "Maybe cnotes for investigations or what you hear rather than wait until, "Alright, we're killing him!""

Otois claims, "And can be set up with any modern mud client"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, guys - it's after the top of the hour, but I'd like your attention for a few more minutes if I can."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I'll get you guys out of here as quickly as possible."

Silrie says, "No. Never."

Galen attentively attends to Kinaed's attention

Sabari nods at Kinaed.

Silrie is perched on Galen's shoulders.

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)Firstly, TI staff need a new staff member. In particular, we need someone who has WordPress and web programming experience, is a hard worker, and has excellent people skills. If that fits you, and you're interested in being staff, please personal board me."
A slender purple candle scented with lavender and plum flares momentarily blue in Emma's hands.
A roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick flares momentarily blue in Sabari's hands.

Sabari snuffs a roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick.

Rimilde is idle.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)We're overrun up here."

Rimilde is no longer idle.
Rimilde has returned from AFK.

Galen sweats

Takta says, "(Vandagan)SO MANY RECOMMENDS"

'WP rocks.
Silrie claims, "WP rocks."

Aios says, "Ugh."

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "(Eld)If you know it, pboard me."

Takta grins at Aios.

Otois claims, "Kinaed I will pboard you after about the web part if all you need is a technician"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Azarial says, "(Daravi)I poke at it, but I really don;t know what I am doing. <_<"

Otois claims, "Then you can get a staffer with just people skills ;)"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Okay, the next thing: Newbie Warnings."

Galen declares, "If there's a way I can help without having to get staff-style involvement in RP or give up my GL position, I'd be glad to help!"

Kato claims, "Uh oh."

Galen declares, "I can do Wordpress stuff!"

Silrie claims, "Depending on what's needed, I can usually figure out things. my hesitancy comes from not knowing if the things you need will be accessible with the screen reader"

Silrie trails off, "Wp generally is, but..."

Silrie states, "Oo."

Silrie listens to Kinaed

Kinaed says, "(Eld)If you catch a cyan casting a spell, please report it to the cyan player first and give them a chance to learn from their mistakes before you take it to the Order. If the cyan is like "Oh, yeah, I totally meant to do that" then go ahead and report it, but please give them the chance to null or take back mistakes early on."

Sabari nods at Kinaed.

Otois claims, "Same with any other heresy/thievery/whatnot"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)If you've given a cyan player a new player warning and they persist with their action, it's fine to just go ahead and do what you'd normally do."

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Mika says, "(Farin)(also good for those of you who play nobles to remember before anyone digs themselves too deep)"

Temi says, "If you aren't comfortable letting the newbie know -you- saw them, let staff know and we can give the warning."

Zelos trails off, "Not that cyans should go around casting spells in public..."

Mika states to Zelos, "(Farin)Sometimes newbies don't know what is and isn't obvious about spellcasting"

Otois exclaims to Zelos, "If someone does it second time, after warning, burn him!"

Edward states, "Well no one should, thats the point."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Generally, being the key word, and silrei, send me a board if you use wp with screen reader?"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)If you give a new player a warning, be CAREFUL about the approach. Please don't say anything that's an ultimatum like "Stop speaking belligerantly to me, or I'll PK you." A new player warning shouldn't try to coerce, but to teach."

Silrie says, "Seems like forever since I was a cyan, and even I knew magic was baaaaaaad back then."

Mika nods.

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

'And sure Z
Silrie claims, "And sure Z"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, let's see... checking my list."

Otois wonders to Kinaed, "Would it be possible to get other tier of new player? So cyan for new accounts and, for example, light cyan for existing players?"

Otois states, "Existing accounts"

Temi wonders, "Just 'this has repercussions in the game, were you aware of that? We can pretend you didn't do it if it helps'"

Kato nods.

Aios claims to Otois, "Exiting accounts can always "purchase established" if they want to bypass the cyan bit and feel they understand what's up."

Galen trails off, "I think that might end up having people try to guess alts, if they can tell that a new character is an established player..."

Aios says, "Existing*"

Aios claims, "And if not, then they should be treated as any other cyan - maybe they're trying a new type of char they're not familiar with codewise."

Kinaed states to Otois, "(Eld)I'd rather not because I think new characters deserve time to get established, and (at least back when we had a smaller pbase), it'd often tell people who the new person's alt was off the bat."

Azarial says, "(Daravi)We try to not add things that out alts."

Sabari states, "And also, one could feel insecure in another character, because they may have never played X role before, etc."

Sabari nods at Aios.
Aios nods at Sabari.

Kato states, "Plus, there are new people who haven't played a mage/thief/whatever"

Otois claims to Aios, "But that does take the great period of getting your character into basic connections easily. That cyan bonus is rather important"

Kinaed trails off, "(Eld)That's more obfuscated these days, but even so..."

Aios grins at Sabari.

Sabari laughs.

Mika claims, "(Farin)Even though it's pretty obvious when you come in that magic is bad and stuff, there's still a lot of things to learn especially if you come in as an awakened mage"

Otois nods toward all the yells "I consent! bad idea!"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)I will say this - staff know who is new and who isn't, for the most part."

Mika states, "(Farin)I dont wanna wreck someone's experience because they dropped their glowing rock or whatever you all do"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)If you're cyan and acting out, but you're definitely not new, then if something ends up on a staff member's desk about not getting a cyan warning, there's a good chance I'll just eyeroll."
Last edited by Silrie on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silrie

Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:56 pm

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)Desert heat, with the gi, in church square."

Margaux queries, "TI version of Clue, Az? :)"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Okay, I think that covers everything, folks."

Kato claims, "'True' cyans make mistakes. I still stand by when I removed my hat and bowed to an inquisitor when I was blue."

Kinaed states, "(Eld)Having said that, some final thoughts:"

Azarial states, "(Daravi)The most obvious thing i could think of."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Firstly, thank you for voting everyone."

Azarial says, "(Daravi)W're third on tmc; that's unheard of"

Faith says, "3, 20, 1"

Galen declaims, "This game deserves it!"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)It's good to see us ranking #3 on TMC, and I'd like to request that people continue to vote to attract new players to play with you."

Azarial states, "(Daravi)We just don;t have the pbase to take on aardwulf."

Kinaed says to Otois, "(Eld)Thank you for writing a review for TI on TMC."

Wesley says, "(Vandagan)Well their staff also runs the site so"

Galen finishes abruptly, "I think the game is a nice size right now - I wouldn't want to see it get bigger than, let's say, about twice as much as it is now, tops"

Silrie states, "Pffft you guys kick the butt outa ardwolf"

Otois states, "Wesley the 150+ actvie at any time is the reason for aard voting power ;)"

Kinaed states, "(Eld)If you want or need help with voting reminders, please turn 'autovote' on. It's a toggle, you don't need to get those reminders if you're not keen to vote."

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Azarial claims, "(Daravi)We don;t have a third of that"

Galen declaims, "But yes, vote vote vote! I vote every day!"

Kato claims, "Really popular servers with pvp are always a nightmare to me."

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)We'd probably die if we didn't get more staff by then."
Aios nods in agreement with Galen.

Mika claims to Otois, "(Farin)Aardwolf also has their game advertised on like every page of tmc though"

Faith likes the voting reminder.

Margaux states to Galen, "We've never had the 'don't want to get larger' problem before. :)"

'it'd be like miriani medieval style if it got too big.
Silrie claims, "It'd be like miriani medieval style if it got too big."

Silrie shudders.

Mika states, "(Farin)I can be looking for a cyberpunk game and tmc will be like HAVE YOU TRIED AARDWOLF and i'll be like, yes"

Kinaed muses, "(Eld)We've also had a lot of success with people writing advertising posts on reddit. May I ask, if you use Reddit, to consider posting something there for us, folks?"

Otois says, "It is also very casual friendly, and fun, game. And that is larger audience than hardcore RP muds"

Galen says, "The fact that we've gotten such a huge player base while keeping the atmosphere so mature and friendly is nothing short of a miracle"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Kato arrived due to a reddit recommendation.
Mika nods at Galen.

Sabari pontificates, "Fun fact, first heard of TI through Reddit and that's what got me hooked! So threre's that :)"

Takta says, "(Vandagan)Sweeeet."

Sabari nods at Kato.

Takta says, "(Vandagan)That was probably me. :D"

Kinaed asks of Galen, "(Eld)Haven't you noticed us indoctrinating you to our RP culture? :P"

Aios states to Galen, "We have a high percentage of old fogies playing compared to most games. And I say that as an old fogie."

Sabari declaims, "Haha, Takta!"

Takta declaims, "(Vandagan)(Or the other TI redditor!)"

Kinaed declaims to Sabari, "(Eld)Sweet! :)"

Silrie pontificates, "Never underestimate word of mouth!"

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Kato says, "Then I thank you Takta, cause I have long loved RP and only dipped into muds momentarily, but this is a really great server. And this is coming from someone who -hates- pvp.

Silrie states, "I met a friend on another game who had a friend that played TI. even though he wasn't interested, I asked him about it and he told me. Hooked, and googled."

Galen claims, "I was already cool before I got here, I didn't need indoctrinating"

Kinaed says, "(Eld)Yes, if you invite a friend to play here, when they come if they type 'refer <your name>', when they get 10 hours of RP, you will receive 10 QP."

Margaux offers Galen his daily serving of TotesNotAMindAlteringDrug.

Mika says, "(Farin)Galen talked me into coming here"

Zumini claims to Galen, "Suuuuuuure."

Kinaed says, "(Eld)So even if you don't have friends who are that likely to stay, feel free to invite them for a trial to just get your QP. :)"

Takta states to Kato, "(Vandagan)Yay! :D I've enjoyed having you around."

Mika claims, "(Farin)I think when it asked how i found TI i was like 'friendship'"

Silrie says, "Aww"

"I think I'd notice if I was being subtly mind controlled with drugs!" Galen insists, drinking his glass of green-tinged spring water. [Galen]

Sabari states, "AWwwwwww <3"

Silrie pontificates, "I'm trying to get my friends here. nobody loves me enough! *sobs*"

Kinaed muses, "(Eld)Okay, I think that's all from me. Any last words before I trans everyone back?"

Galen declares, "I am very happy that I found this place and was able to drag Mika here!"

Otois finishes abruptly to Galen, "One word - fluorisation"

Mika states to Galen, "(Farin)I like our blood feud"

Kinaed comforts Silrie.

Edward exclaims, "I love you enough but Im already here!"

Silrie hugs Kinaed.

Faith wraps a safety harness around him in preparation of being transed.

Otois tickles Kinky before he gets warped away

Ofelia claims, "I love you guys, answeryourmail."

Kato asks, "What's this talk like a pirate day stuff? Am I able to just show up?"

Galen says, "Otois, how else are we going to keep everyone's teeth from falling out without tooth brushes besides medieval water fluoridation"

Silrie declaims, "Put poisoned mushrooms in the wild!"

Kinaed asks, "(Eld)Maybe instead of 'try TI, you'll totally love it' see if 'come play TI for 10 hours so I can get 10 QP, and I'll leave you alone forevermore, I promise' might work?"

Takta grins at Kinaed.

Silrie is random

Sabari laughs at Kinaed.

Otois claims to Galen, "Watch "dr strangelove""

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Azarial says, "(Daravi)Most stories you can show up early on and join"

Takta states, "(Vandagan)The pirate ST after this involves swashbcklin action."

Silrie grins.

Faith claims, "And tell them to vote on that day they play."

Silrie nods. That might actually work with one of my friends.

Takta states, "(Vandagan)People were asked to pre-register but I think it's okay if you just show up too. ;)"

Azarial states, "(Daravi)Otherwise, tnhere is a website for the holiday, and a rousing theme by tom smith."

Silrie claims, "Wait what's happening/"

Silrie is out of the loop. Again. XDXD

Zelos states, "I usually don't stop talking about TI until someone gives up and joins. It's easy."

Edward states, "Yeah... I wanna cry now."

Sabari pontificates to Silrie, "Let's be out of the loop together!"

Kinaed claims, "(Eld)One last thing: If you are keen to vote, please visit this site and click on the stars above our game icon to rate TI: http://www.mudportal.com/listings/by-ge ... nquisition"

Silrie leans on Sabari.

Mika exclaims, "(Farin)Its why its good to check the general board!"

Takta exclaims, "(Vandagan)Pirate ST! Right after this! Will involve combat but probably non-combs have stuff to do! IC announcement likely soon to follow!"

Zumini goes to find his lasso of loop wrangling.

Kinaed states, "(Eld)You can re-rate every day, but I'm not sure if I want to put it up as a 'vote' site given that it's a bit different in format to other votes."

Edward buckles his swash.

Azarial states, "(Daravi)And a potterverse birthday; that leads to some interesting crossovers."

Margaux says to Edward, "Best buckle your belt too... can be awkward if not."

Kinaed declaims, "(Eld)Anyway, once again thank you - and enjoy your Pirate RP!"

Silrie doesn't get it.

Azarial peers about intently, then chases her tails once, twice, thrice--she's gone! [OOC]

Sabari exclaims, "Thank you all!"

• Information