Log of OOC Meeting 9/12/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Gerolf

Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Kinaed claims, "Is there anyone willing to volunteer to be our Scribe today? This entails some QP to post a log of the OOC Chat up on the forums for those who could not attend."

Emery bounces around in Lily's apron pockets cause she is tiny

Hunapo huggles Temi
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Kinaed has transferred Jahaezick. [OOC]

Emery claims, "IT JUST DOES LILY"

Temi gives a clear, glass bottle with a miniature ship floating within to Jahaezick.

Emery says, "Oh I'll shut up now"

Lily bounces around in Emery's satchel.

[Action: Ofelia sits atop a mountain of rustling skirts. ]

Hunapo examines a clear, glass bottle with a miniature ship floating within.
Contained within the glass bottle, somehow larger than the mouth through
which it might have entered, a miniature ship with fine details bobs and
floats in the liquid, changing placement as the bottle is tilted.

Jahaezick questions, "I am so keeping this. What did I miss?"

Kinaed claims, "Hehe, no need to shut up - but yes, the OOC Chat is now beginning. Let's keep non-topical chatter to a minimum just because of how many people are in the room and to ensure we can follow the convo."

Galen jumps over into Ofelia's skirt mountain like it's a pile of autumn leaves.

Kinaed has transferred Misune. [OOC]

Kinaed trails off, "So again..."

Kinaed says, "Is there anyone willing to volunteer to be our Scribe today? This entails some QP to post a log of the OOC Chat up on the forums for those who could not attend."

Silrie laughs.

Temi gives a clear, glass bottle with a miniature ship floating within to Misune.

Hunapo states, "I will do it"

Kinaed states to Hunapo, "Thank you."

Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe

Kinaed queries, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

[Action: Otois is stuck about 850km away from his home which makes him sad ]

Kinaed claims, "I had one topic passed to me earlier today that is already on the list."

Galen trails off, "I can't really think of anything in particular at the moment..."

Galen states, "Nothing I haven't already posited on the forums, anyhow."

Kinaed states, "Okay, if no one has anything to add at this time, I'll kick off the staff updates. I helped clear boards and handled a bit of policy last week. I'm working with Zaerieth's player to investigate how well magic works with screen readers and have some minor changes on the boards awaiting processing."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Silrie questions, "Suggestions and stuff, that's forum... fotter, right? Like, meant for there, not here?"

Kinaed claims, "In larger scale, my priority is the Roles spec."

Galen claims, "We can talk suggestions here, as long as they don't take up a huge amount of time."

Kinaed says to Silrie, "You can bring things up here."

Silrie nods.

Kinaed trails off, "As Azarial seems to be AFK at the moment..."

Emery queries, "I actually have a random quick question?"

Otois has returned from AFK.

Kinaed says, "A lot of bugs were looked at this week, but we've had a return of 'mail forward'."

Kinaed muses to Emery, "What's up?"

Emery wonders, "Can you tell me anything about alts? Like, how many you can have and if it's not recommended or anything?"

Kinaed claims to Emery, "You can have up to 10, and we have no stance on the number of alts people have so long as they abide by the Crossover policies. HELP CROSSOVER."

Temi claims, "The main limitation on alts is you - you need to keep their lives completely separate, so some people are more comfortable with handling that than others."

Galen declaims, "Having an alt's a fine idea - but your alts can't have anything to do with each other's business, so it's best to make an alt that inhabits a completely different social circle if you can!"

Kinaed pontificates, "That covers my update and Azarial. Temi, you're up!"

Emery says, "Awesome, I'll look into that later, thank you."

Emma questions, "What's mail forward? Exactly what it sounds like?"

Temi states, "There is the 10 limit, but I don't think anybody really gets to that with active chars."

Veresk assisted multilog file.

Kinaed says to Emma, "Yes, you can forward a mail in your inventory to another player."

Emma pontificates, "That's excellent!"

Rimilde grins at Kinaed, "That is fanstastic!!!"

Kinaed nods.

Temi says, "And this week, I've not been doing any big projects, but working on little things like RPA and such and made some additions to various crafts based on longstanding requests"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "Like another set of gems available for sale at the gem shop with bigger price tags and better appraise tags."

Emma states, "Oh reaaaaally"

Galen states, "Oh! I had an idea for a couple of tailoring recipes."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Temi states, "And some new composts with like pomace ingredients. And some new chopped fruit options, including exotic fruits."

Kinaed muses to Galen, "Can you pboard Temi with them?"

Galen declares, "Will do!"

Jahaezick begins to count their money.

Galen says, "Oh, and it'd still be nice to cook with mushrooms."

Silrie says, "I have to go, so can I just toss my suggestion out there."

Temi says, "Feel free to let us know ideas as you come up with them, thouhg we'll mainly only want to add new recipes as they fill a different niche"

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Temi nods at Galen.

Lily claims, "Hehe, I was just about to bring that up, Galen."

Temi states, "And that's me this week."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "A player requested to revert some skins or something that had no craft use on the Request Board this week. I was wondering if you could have a look at that object and either see if it can be removed or if we can use them somehow."

Silrie says, "Do you think, possibly, a scrounge command could be added one day to enable players to scrounge for coins? I don't want to say only freeman should be able to do it, but that would be your call. I don't think you'd get rich off of it, but... I think it could be useful, and realistically, in a huge city, people would drop them. maybe."

Silrie claims, "One or two here, etc."

Temi claims, "Oh yes, I also disabled that recipe."

Kinaed queries, "Why not as a part of forage?"

Ausef states, "Was about to mention forage"

Takta states, "Mushrooms as chopped veg might be nice, hmm."

Galen wonders, "Hm.. .maybe that could give something to forage for in city road rooms?"

Jahaezick claims, "Yeah, just stick it high into forage."

Haizea becomes lost in the crowd.

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Takta states, "I don't like it as forage."

Takta states, "You could forage 3 silver per room, That adds up."

Lily nodnods, "Yeah, I was thinking mushrooms as chopped veggies. And coins as a part of forage. Oh?"

Veresk claims, "I can see that getting abused, why not just panhandle to players, alot of people have done that"

Takta states, "In general I hesitate with the idea at all."

Kinaed states to Silrie, "We'll probably have to consider it during the staff meeting later."

Ofelia says, "Yeah, for something that's not supposed to be that profitable, there's a huge chance of it being abused."

Otois claims, "But it would have to be very little amounts, you should be able to make more silver by earning RPXP and converting rather than using this forage for coins"

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "Thanks for suggesting."

Mika has returned from AFK.

Kato states, "Neat idea, but I agree with Veresk. Creates more RP that way too."

Haizea is no longer idle.
Haizea has returned from AFK.

Kinaed states to Otois, "And ICly saying you scrounged, yep."

Silrie claims, "Yes, I did say very little amounts."

Galen declaims, "A fine idea, though!"

Gaggable keepalive command.

Kinaed claims to Silrie, "Did you need a retrans, or you can go down, when you need to leave. :)"

Kinaed states to Takta, "Okay, you're up."

Silrie says, "Oh. Sorry."

Silrie begins to descend.

Silrie leaves down.

Jahaezick claims, "Add copper."

Jahaezick shrugs

Takta trails off, "Okay! So..."

Takta states, "I've done a lot of things this week - skyway primarily. Players have provided 30 rooms for me (thanks guys!) and with my own additions, we're up to 81% rooms desc'd."

Kinaed cheers.

Mika claims, "Yaaay"

Galen declares, "So close!"

Kinaed claims, "Nice work, everyone."

Ausef questions, "Can I be that scrub who asks what skyway is?"

Temi cheers for Takta. "Yay Takta! And helpers!"

Kinaed queries to Takta, "How many rooms does that leave us?"

Takta claims to Ausef, "A grid of rooms above the normal grid - sky, second story rooftops, etc."

Takta trails off, "Let me check quickly..."

Takta states, "342/423 are done. About 80 left."

Jahaezick questions, "Just to be clear, this isn't only going to be for mages, right?"

Kinaed says to Ausef, "We've added a new spell for flight, as well as have the idea of a sneaky, 'thieves highway' sort of way to run around the city, bypassing main pathways."

Jahaezick says, "Thank you."

Takta states, "About 2/3 of the rooms are air rooms that require flight, but a solid 1/3 are rooftops, especially within the cities."

Takta states, "*city"

Kinaed has transferred Moxie. [OOC]

Veresk wonders to Kinaed, "Isn't the thieves highway the sewers?"

Takta states, "There will definitely be ways for non-mages to utilize the rooftop paths."

Temi gives a clear, glass bottle with a miniature ship floating within to Moxie.

Hunapo queries, "Can we have a musical day and reenact scenes from Aladin?"

Takta states, "I've also worked on typos, requests, and documenting code changes. A note: If you have an outstanding request, we WILL get to it soon."

Takta pontificates, "We're just busy folks and there's a lot of you lately!"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta says, "So please be patient. :)"

Takta declares, "That's it for me!"

Galen exclaims, "I am being patient!"

Galen sits patiently.

Lily nodnods and thanks Takta for the typo work!

Kinaed pontificates to Mika, "I think that means you're up!"

Galen claims, "Meeeeka"

[Action: Emery is the most patient of them all ]

Gaven is idle.

Mika claims, "I've been doing the same as the last of that, trying to keep changes under control and fill the requests and typo notes that I can"

Mika states, "I've also put through about 40 recommendations because you all love each other too much"

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Ofelia says, "We just do."

Kinaed claims, "Awesome."

Emery laughs at Mika.

Temi claims, "Well, they're all just too lovable, I guess, alas."

Takta claims, "(Recs have become a big effort for us lately. :D )"

Galen pontificates, "I've been doing tons of recommends lately!"

Veresk shrugs, " Well except for that guy, no one likes him."

Mika declaims, "And don't forget you get 1qp for every recommendation you right for other people and it makes them feel really good so if someone does something awesome or creates rp for you, write a recommend !!"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Mika says, "And that's me"

Mika drinks rum from a clear, glass bottle with a miniature ship floating within.

Jahaezick claims, "Oh. I got a new.."

Hunapo muses to Takta, "Is that a bad thing?"

Kato muses, "With how good QP is, can ya blame us?"

Mika states, "...write* not right."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, let's see. That's all of Staff Updates, is it?"

Takta says, "No, it's great! Just another thing that slows us staffers down a bit."

Otois says, "We need rec-processing interns "

Lily nodnods at the feeling good part.

Mika grins.

Jahaezick says, "I volunteer."

Kinaed wonders, "Time for Player Heartbeat. How has the game been in the last week?"

Kinaed smiles at Jahaezick.

Kato exclaims, "Still having a blast on my toon!"

Lily states, "Speaking of which, will have to ask about the recs after this."

Kinaed states to Kato, "Excellent."

Galen claims, "Quite good! Things have calmed down a bit for Galen finally."

Kinaed claims to Lily, "It's fine if you want to ask here."
Mika claims to Lily, "You can send me a tell if you'd like afterward"

Mika exclaims, "Or here !"

Jahaezick says, "I have a sneaking suspicion that things may explode soon."

Moxie says, "I loved rp this week. Inquisition has felt like a place I go to feel at home lately, but safe enough that I know I'm not being sucked in permanently"

Lily questions, "I could just ask on visnet?"

Otois states to Galen, "I am back tomorrow to meddle some more, do not worry"

Kinaed grins.

Veresk states to Kinaed, "Fun, had an idea for a magecraft item *shamelessly plugs his action* but pretty decent all around"

Mikhael says to Mika, "I'd like to send you a tell, bb. *wagglebrows*"

Mika declares to Moxie, "Im glad that we are not ruining your life!"

Galen pontificates, "All our new people have been really fantastic!"

Kinaed claims to Moxie, "I've pondered using the scheduler to lock myself out."

Jahaezick says, "And by sneaking suspicion, I mean I'm probably going to explode some things soon"

Mika nods at Mikhael.

Mika drinks rum from a clear, glass bottle with a miniature ship floating within.

Jahaezick says, "It's full of rum."

Hunapo pontificates, "THERE IS RUM IN THERE!!"

Hunapo claims, "My life is complete."

Ofelia claims, "I mean, best present ever."

Moxie says, "I locked myself out recently on purpose and felt much better for it"

Kinaed asks, "Is there anything about TI that is irritating folks at the moment that we should look at?"

Emery says, "Oh my gosh you can drink it"

Misune shrugs "RP has been good... Been uber busy this week, but aside from that it's been fun

Jahaezick says, "Having a miniature ship in a bottle full of rum is better than having a harp playing careless whisper."

Mika claims to Moxie, "I do the same when i need to hit deadlines hard =D"

Kinaed has transferred Zaerieth. [OOC]

Otois claims, "Actually I have a topic, so please add me to the list if there is time "

Ariel says, "I'm having a great time. Thanks to all those who came to my party. :)"

Ofelia trails off, "RP has been super good. Interacting with someone who goes by an assumed name made me wonder something, though..."

Temi gives a clear, glass bottle with a miniature ship floating within to Zaerieth.

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Galen claims, "Ohh, that's a big thing right now."

Kinaed says to Otois, "Added."

Galen says, "I do think we need some coded support for assumed names."

Moxie claims, "I don't think there's been anything terrible in the game recently. The staff have been responsive and helpful. Shout out to V and T on staff, they've been mega good when I've seen them."

Hunapo says, "RP has been good, a little odd at times, but it has been a relaxing week for me, all things considered."

Lily states, "Nope! The one thing that had been irritating me now is gone. :)"

Takta claims, "We do have decent support for assumed names - except for pboard, I think."

Kinaed questions to Moxie, "Which T? :)"

Galen states, "Recommends also use coded names right now, too."

Jahaezick says, "I'm still wondering whatever happened to adding husbandry to the herb code, but that's just a quandery."

Temi says to Kinaed, "I think the other one."

Galen claims, "And, like, the who list, unless you're invisible."

Temi grins.

Mika states, "You can send anonymous recommends like meee"

Kinaed claims to Galen, "I think that's been bugged."

Takta says, "Recommends should respond fine to non-code names now. I thought we squashed that bug. :("

Ofelia states, "'help player <remembered assumed name>' takes you to the right player info file, which kind of ruins it if their real name is in there."

Galen says, "Ohh ok ok"

Veresk hugs Jahaezick, " Don't worry, one day you can sleep with the animals."

Takta states, "If their real name is in their player helpfile, that, hmmm, is their bad, I think."

Takta ponders.

Ofelia nods to Takta.

Moxie states, "Ooooh. Another issue - I can't start learning in haggling."
Mika says to Takta, "No, i found out people are still seeing my alt's Truename, the one that lets you control her"

Takta states, "Might want to talk to 'em."

Otois says, "Well, playerhelpfiles are "common knowledge "of sorts"

Takta says to Mika, "Dangit."

Jahaezick states, "I'd also really like to recommend a mage thing."

Jahaezick states, "If it doesn't already exist."

Takta states to Moxie, "YOu need 1 rank to start haggling. Just a quirk."

Gaven is no longer idle.

Gaven has returned from AFK.

Mikhael has been transferred out by Mika. [OOC]

Zaerieth says, "Rp has ben good, focusing on trying to get order active on other side, not just inquisitors"

Temi states, "If you aren't able to send a recommend to someone because you don't have their right name, you can always post on the request board for the staff to sleuth out who they are. His may be because of assumed names or because the system doesn't recognize 'that shadow who torments me', etc."

Kato claims, "Yeah seems like there's a good amount of players but maybe too many shoes to fill still. Troubs can feel empty at times, but I still love it."
Kinaed nods at Temi.

Jahaezick says, "I'd like to recommend earth or fire mages being able to tame wild animals temporarily."

Jahaezick claims, "If it doesn't already exist."

Kinaed states, "There's a bug on the boards, I think, for player aliases needing support in recommends (can't recall if I said that). I'll bumpt its importance."

Temi states, "Because you can't choose to haggle, we don't have anyway for people to indicate they are interested in spending xp on it besides getting that first rank purposefully."

Kinaed wonders, "Anything else staff ought to be aware of regarding the game?"

Kinaed pontificates, "If not, we have Player Topics to discuss!"

Mika asks of Jahaezick, "I think fire has one like that? but im not sure if it works on animals"

Takta states, "No real way for mages to tame animals, but a forum suggest to hash that out might be nice."

Kinaed queries to Temi, "You wanted to discuss names in Pet shorts? Can you introduce that topic?"

Temi nods.

Kinaed says to Takta, "It might make a good earth spell."

Takta nods.

Lily queries, "Hmm, boo. Gotta go for a bit. Mind if I idle so I have a personal log?"

Mika declares, "It's something that i've seen rp'd with pet retainers. which temi is going to talk about now!"

Kinaed states to Lily, "Sure can. Go down when you want to leave."

Temi claims, "So, a year or so ago we discussed whether mobs should ever have their names in their intros. We decided that for mobs that people might get to know like shopkeepers or tavern workers, etc, it totally made sense and would be our new standards."

Veresk claims to Kinaed, "1 time usage, works like 'order' for purchased pets"

Lily nods at Kinaed.

Temi claims, "Recently, players have started doing it to for like their servants and I've even seen it done on non-human pets"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "And I wanted to see what people thought, and if we could have some sort of standard on whether it's okay or not"

Veresk nods.

Ofelia claims, "It feels weird for non-humans."

Galen says, "It would be handy if NPCs could be remembered like PCs could, but that's caused Problems if I recall"

Kinaed claims, "So everyone is aware, when a name is used for a mob, it blocks players from using those names."

Takta trails off, "I would like for us to avoid doing it even with shopkeeper/tavern mobs and revert the standard, though I think that ship has sailed, but..."

Mika states, "I'd rather not have it at all, but since there's no way to remember NPCs and I roleplay mine a lot, I do it for the human ones. It feels weird for animals"

Emma states, "I am not a fan of that, or personality traits that wouldn't be evident in the pet/NPC's visible behavior."

Ausef says, "I think it's strange for player pets, even not having encountered any of those myself yet."

Kinaed claims, "And yeah, it's quite weird on non-human mobs."

Takta says, "Let's strongly discourage it for animals at the very least."

Takta states, "It taking up names is a serious problem."

Jahaezick says, "Could only add it to familiar type pets."

Jahaezick claims, "Could take some notes from the pater and give earth mages cat and bat familiars and the like."

Temi says, "I think it still takes up names even if you do it with the name and it doesn't show on their intro"

Veresk is with Emma.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Mika claims, "At the moment you can codedly name pets (which is helpful when we have to find them), but it seems a little odd to run around with their shortdesc set to a name"

Jahaezick states, "Like a one-off spell that makes an intelligent-r animal"

Takta says to Temi, "Well, in that case, I suppose we can't get around it... but it does still feel weird for animals."

Kinaed says to Temi, "It does. If it's their keyword, it uses the name."

Galen trails off, "It'd be good if we could make it so that NPCs don't take up names..."

Zaerieth claims, "Its helpful for screen readers, if I just have to read a name, instead of such and such and such and such short description that ends up being very wordy"

Hunapo says, "Wait wait wait. Wait. I thought you could name your pets. For example, my horse is named Ironside, but its name isn't in its short... I guess I am confused."

Mika claims, "Though i'm guilty of adding real names to my NPCs cause like i said, my poses turn into a confusing hellscape otherwise"

Mika nods at Zaerieth.

Kinaed says, "I tend to agree with regards to names being in short descs - we don't even have our character names in our short descs and go by intros."

Temi says, "It's a code restriction because mobs have been code-confused with players, etc."

Moxie says OOCly, "Is it possible to use the NPC's extended description to add something akin to a playerhelp? "She is commonly known as 'Terry'", for example"
Ofelia questions to Zaerieth, "Wouldn't it be confusing, though if you didn't interpret the name as being an animal?"

Emma says, "They have a keyword that's their name, as it is - can still target them using the name. The thing I find icky is the intro showing the name of a person we don't really have any reason or means of knowing."

Ausef says, "Game NPCs are kind of unavoidable to a point, but for things like pets, if you want their name to be known...feel like you should RP telling everyone their name instead, or give them a nametag or summat."

Galen states, "I do think NPCs being unable to be remembered is the crux of the issue here"

Kinaed states, "But whether we can see it there doesn't impact the fact that a name was taken from use when it's in keywords, though I'm not sure if that's the thrust of Temi's concern - it's just something I've seen happen numerous times."

Takta states, "I think there were issues with remembering NPCs, but it might be fixable."

Takta states, "It used to be functional code."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Mika nods at Emma.

Galen states, "Yeah, fixing those issues might end up solving the matter entirely."

Takta says, "If we could remember NPCs and then take all the names out of shorts, that'd be awesome."

Kinaed says to Takta, "That's a decent workaround, using remember code on NPCs"

Haizea claims, "I would like to not have my npcs names running around for people who don't know them yeah"

Temi claims, "Yeah, it really bothers me, honestly."

Takta nods at Temi.

Moxie muses, "Is it possible to use the NPC's extended description to add something akin to a playerhelp? "She is commonly known as 'Terry'", for example"

Takta claims to Moxie, "Could do that but it wouldn't entirely solve it - you'd have to look every time, etc."

Moxie says, "Just spitballing here"

Temi says to Moxie, "I wouldn't mind that if we were all generally okay with it."

Veresk states, "So can we have npc's added to remember list? Think that would solve alot of the problems. First time you meet, 'oh this is Tom the cat' next time you see 'Tom'"

Takta states, "Remember would really provide the ease of use people seek out by putting names in shorts."

Temi states, "For animal pets, I know I've seen a lot of people desc collars with namtags."

Kinaed says, "Well, given that we have the intro standards, and given that we're an RP MUD, I think it stands to reason that names (particularly for pets and retainers) shouldn't be in their short, long, or look descriptions - unless they're wearing a name tag."

Ausef nods.

Moxie finishes abruptly, "Yeah, remember would fix a lot of the issues - even if it had to be called 'remember NPC'"

Galen asks, "What kinds of problems occur currently with remembering NPCs?"

Temi muses, "We have it disabled so they don't occur.. but we could ask Az to revisit it again?"

Kinaed claims, "We can look at adding remember code also."

Takta says, "That would be an Az question, I'm afraid - I just know it was causing problems so it was removed."

Kinaed has transferred Silrie. [OOC]

Takta states, "I believe you could stack up multiple remembers for a mob but none of them actually -functioned-."

Galen wonders, "So, the solution might be - take names for NPCs out of shorts and wait for issues with remembering NPCs to be worked out...?"

Takta states, "Mobs may not have unique IDs the way PCs do to tag them to, for example."

Ofelia has lost link.

Temi gives a clear, glass bottle with a miniature ship floating within to Silrie.

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Takta claims, "So this might not even be possible without a massive redo."

Kinaed says, "I think the policy of no names in pet short/intros is easy enough to establish, however."

Jahaezick is bursting with ideas suddenly. (OOC Emote)

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, in the interests of time..."

Haizea states, "I do reeally like the remember idea if we're going to nix no names in shortdescs though, cause i really like being able to rp with my npcs and it gets really confusing without names =("

Temi claims, "Totally would be worth trying to do if we can."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Haizea claims, "I didn't have them named originally but i had to after targeting hell"

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Kinaed nods at Haizea.

Emma says, "If it helps, you can still target them by name without the name in the intro. Just as a mean-time bandaid."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Haizea nods.

Veresk claims to Haizea, "The names still work for th eowner, just don't see them in the room"

Haizea states, "Yeah i mean for other people generally"

Kato says, "It's already target hell if npc short uses PC short: 'big guy and big guy's bodyguard' etc"

Kinaed nods at Kato.

Silrie nods at Kinaed.

Emma trails off, "If I could remember Sikod's horse, I would stop RPing at his horse instead of him every single time I encounter him..."

Kinaed questions to Otois, "Okay, you had a topic you wanted to raise. Can you introduce us to it?"

Gaven trails off, "....lol"

Moxie trails off, "HA! Yeah, Sikod's horse..."

Otois claims, "A small issue we've ran into recently is that it is A LOT cheaper to just recreate strings of a book by hand than it is to reproduce it with scribe. So in essence this way we can work around the base cost of scribing a book (150silver) by just writing it from scratch in a cheap journal which does not make much semse to me, and we should either make the journals more expensive/policy that they are not supposed to be used to copy books, or bring down the scribe cost. Because as it is this just promotes annoying manual OOC labor as a way to cricumvent IC costs."

Ofelia has reconnected.

Takta says, "Journals will likely be more expensive with new papercraft, for one thing."

Kinaed claims, "I have no issue with people going around and making books by hand using "manual OOC labor"."

Temi says, "Books not being cheap thematically is definitely something I'm passionate about."

Kinaed says, "Personally, I look at what I value my time and personal energy at and decide where I want to put it."

Otois says, "Well, labor is just for first copy, then it is buying a journal and typing one command to make a copy"

Emma once spent 5 RL hours meticulously copying a book from the Grand Library floor. >.> Over 150s in labor!

Emma states, "The page content doesn't copy with tool clone. Just the strings."

Kinaed muses to Otois, "You mean with macros?"

Takta states, "Yeah, copying most books manually represents a pretty significant pain in the butt."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Otois says, "Not even a macro, just saved multiline alias"

Takta states, "Even making that alias is gonna be annoying."

Veresk would probably uses scribe 99% of the time instead of copyingpasting/backspacing blank spots so it enters into game correctly.

Galen says, "I personally think that we should reduce all OOCly annoying factors whenever possible"

Otois states, "It was, but i got one ready and wondering whether I dare to use it"

Kinaed states, "Well, honestly, it doens't really bug me. If a person did that to sell the books, I'd probably see it as abusive, but if it's just to make personal copies, and they're happy to scribe it using OOC labor, it just doesn't bug me."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Kato questions, "Is there a way we could make books more valuable then to offset it? Like having an option to look at the cover or the spine or maybe more pages? I really don't know about any of this though"

Kinaed states to Galen, "It's reduced - just pay 150 silver and type scribe <ledger>."

Misune ponders something "You know, even if they are copying a book instead of paying to scribe it... don't see how that isn't ic? They forging a book? I would think that would classify as IC and not ooc

Emma ponders. "Books are pretty crazy valuable."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Galen claims, "I also worry that it might disadvantage our screen reader friends a bit"

Temi says, "There's definitely desire for them."

Takta says, "I think a policy against this would be fairly nonsensical, unless it was maybe a policy against selling them."

Takta claims, "Scribe could perhaps be cheaper for individuals with high papercraft."

Takta states, "So there was a way to still profit while scribing."

Emma says, "Definitely shouldn't be able to sell them. That'd be gross. (And what Takta said)"

Misune glances at Kinaed "When did the price for scribing books go down? I thought copying a book was, depending on the size of the book was easily in the thousands, not 150 silver

Otois claims to Takta, "Or maybe that. Because guilds need manual, but just outruling the trade makes that macro I have seem okay with me"

Veresk says, "Scribe skill, make it merchant skill like tcant *sage nod*"

Takta claims, "Most books range 150-500. 150 is the minimal."

Takta states to Otois, "Guild manuals can easily be gnotes."

Otois says, "Well, we have one in reeves that is physical one, and seems ot be that way for some time"

Temi says, "It's never been higher than this. It is based on the cost of the book though and there are some books that have gilded lettering on them."

Misune smirks to Takta "I remember bringing up that papercraft should have some influence on the scribing command a long time ago

Takta states, "That's a specific Reeve choice they can pay for if they want. *grin*"

Kinaed says to Galen, "I'm not seeing that. I don't really see an issue with manually copying a ledger, I don't see an issue with paying to scribe. I don't generally like the idea of macros, but I'm probably not inclined to code against it. Macros are generally viewed as cheating in text-based games, but so long as they're not used in a game-breaking, in-game advantage manner, it's staff time versus how much players want to cheat."

Kinaed states, "Generally speaking, TI's players are a good lot."

Hunapo defers to the GL on that one.

Takta states, "But ICly it should indeed be a considerable expenditure to produce manuals for every member of the guild - it's not like giving everyone a handbook IRL."

Takta claims, "It represents giving everyone a handmade, multi-hour copy of a book."

Rimilde looks at Hunapo, "That'd be you."

Otois claims to Takta, "They use cadets for that dirty job "

Takta claims to Otois, "Still gotta pay them for the time and materials. It ain't ever going to be cheap to make that many books."

Otois claims, "But if that is the approach then I am happy with how it is now, just seemed odd to me"

Rimilde points out in this situation there was IC reasons for it, but would rather discuss with staff if we need to after the meeting?

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Takta states, "I'm not saying it's a bad call ICly, of course! Sorry if it sounds that way."

Kinaed claims to Rimilde, "Sure, send me a tell."

Galen says, "I'll trust staff's judgment on this! I haven't come across this issue ingame yet."

Takta states, "Just that the cost factor should be seen as the realistic downside."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Gaven states, "Sort've feel scribe works well as is personally."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, Moxie, you raised something about haggle. Did that get resolved then, or did you want to discuss it?"

Kinaed says, "I wasn't sure from what you said if that was maybe a bug."

Galen claims, "I think the issue is there's currently no way to start learning haggle if you didn't start with it in chargen."

Veresk says, "You can be taught"

Takta states, "I think it's arguably a bug. Haggle of 0 will just never fire."

Mika says, "I'd be okay discussing moving haggle down so it pools from rank 0 and just letting people learn block it"

Kinaed says, "Really? It's not a guildskill."

Mika nods at Kinaed.

Moxie states, "I spoke with Temi about it. I'll just learn the first lesson from someone. Thanks, Kinaed :)"

Takta claims, "Haggle of 0 never fires so you never pool so bam, no learning."

Takta trails off, "If it had a small chance to fire even at 0..."

Kinaed queries, "Yeah, Moxie please bug that so you get the QP for it being fixed?"

Temi states to Kinaed, "You can't voluntarily haggle, so you can't voluntarily choose to spend xp on the skill or not"

Takta claims, "Oh, yeah. Hmmm."

Temi says, "Which is why we turned it off originally"

Takta claims, "Maybe you need a haggle command to -try- and make it fire at 0."

Kinaed claims, "But you can learn block it if you don't want it."
Takta ponders.

Haizea says, "I have so many languages learn blocked at 0"

Kinaed nods at Silrie.

Takta states, "I've always found it a bit weird how haggle works."

Veresk trails off, "Or just get someone to teach it to you ...."

Kinaed nods at Haizea.

Temi nods at Takta.

Haizea claims, "Language tutors dont even -know- im not paying attention u_u"

Takta claims to Veresk, "Right, but other skills that are not guildskills are all learnable from 0 unless there was a design decision for 'em not to be. This is a result of a weird implementation."

Temi says, "It's a weird skill. Probably the one players have the least control over."

Galen claims, "It's very handy to have, though."

Galen claims, "Especially if you're a crafter."

Emma says, "Super duper handy."

Mika states, "I've been wondering how to rp learning haggle from someone"

Takta states, "Maybe we should revisit making it more a setting/command."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta claims, "Instead of totally passive and random when it kicks in."

Kinaed states, "I think it'd be low priority at the moment, but probably ought to be added to the list."

Lily is idle.

Takta nods.

Galen declaims, "If you want to learn it, Moxie, hit me up IC!"

Moxie claims, "Alright, I'll bug list it for free QP. Thank you guys :)"

Kinaed says, "Okay, we have 10 minutes left."

Kinaed claims, "Did anyone else want to raise anything? That was my list of topics."

Veresk states to Mika, "I usually do it by asking if the tutor can teach about 'tells' or tricks with certain vendors."

Galen is a master of the sad puppy eyes, works every time
Galen appears to be adept at haggle.

Kinaed claims, "If not, I have a few plugs to close on :)"

Veresk trails off, "Actually in the vein of the topic...."

Kinaed muses to Veresk, "Yes? :)"

Otois states, "Just wanted to clarify, the "they use cadets for it" was supposed to be a joke but my stupid mac client cut out the smily faace at the end (just noticed that). There is no IC issues around any of htat, just a general observation around scrive that it highlighted to me"

Emery is idle.

Veresk says, "Can we contest skills with others? Haggle seems a no brainer for being able to do this."

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Mika states, "You can contest skills"

Kinaed claims to Veresk, "Yes."
Emery is no longer idle.
Emery has returned from AFK.

Veresk has tried to contest with haggle, it didn't work.

Kinaed says, "May need the help file to figure out the syntax."

Galen muses, "How do you contest skills?"

Takta says, "Is that code in? I didn't know it went in."

Mika claims, "Oh weird it looks like it's not in yet"

Zaerieth is idle.

Kinaed claims, "Or, if you can't, the bug stuff is on the board asking for it to be available."

Temi says, "It's on the bug board, waiting for implementation."

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Takta claims, "We've had it on the bug board for ages, I think. Yeah."

Takta nods.

Kinaed states, "Just a spec awaiting implementation."

Galen declares, "Oh! I have a thing"

Galen muses, "What about easy/hard rolls, or contests of one stat versus a different stat?"

Kinaed asks of Takta, "Mind bumping that as 'raised in the OOC Chat as a player request', and add today's date?"

Takta states, "You can contest diff stats now."

Galen claims, "I.E. dex vs. wis, wis vs. cha, etc."

Mika states, "I like the idea of contesting different stats, like dex vs. wisdom"

Galen asks, "Oh, how?"

Mika states to Takta, "Ive never been able to get it work"

Takta states, "Type contest takta dex, I think"

Mika says, "...ing"

Ausef questions, "What it contesting?"

Kinaed states to Galen, "One stat versus a different one is in, easy/hard isn't, but you can roll against yourself."

Takta declares, "See, that worked!"

Galen declaims, "Oooh! I never knew!"

Mika says, "Oooh i see"

Takta states to Kinaed, "Can do."

Takta starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed questions to Ausef, "If you want to use a roll to compare your stats against another player's, you can use 'contest' - it's like 'Can I contest your charisma with my wisdom to detect if you're lying'?"

Takta finishes her note.

Mika says to Ausef, "It's a roll you can make of your stat against someone else's stat to decide how rp goes"

Takta states, "Also very in favor of easy/hard to go in."

Mika nods.

Takta claims, "As a great tool for STs."

Ausef trails off, "Oh, that's...neat"

Zaerieth is no longer idle.

Zaerieth has returned from AFK.

Otois states, "So far i do the easy/hard with rl dice, which is not optimal. It will be even sweeter now that we can do silent rolls"

Zaerieth says, "Sorry about that"

Kinaed states, "You an also roll your stats for ability checks to decide if your character trips clumsily across a threshold when attempting to smoothly saunter in, etc."

Galen succeeds his charisma check!

Ausef says, "Interesting."

Kinaed states, "Okay, five minutes to go. I need to do some house keeping."

Galen gets everyone to love him.

Kinaed states, "Firstly, thank you everyone who has been voting lately. I never thought we'd make it to TMC's #3 spot."

Otois pats Kinaed on the head three times "There there there"

Ofelia just loves Galen so much she's going to keep him. Forever.

Kato states, "Hacks"

Kinaed muses, "Please keep that up. If you want to receive voting reminders, please turn on 'autovote' (or auto_vote?)"

Galen is taken away by Ofelia. Forever.

"I vote every day!" Galen looks to the camera, pointing. "You should, too!" [Galen]

Kinaed claims, "You can turn it off if it's bugging you too, but we appreciate the support in keeping our visibility high on the various MUD listing sites to attract new players to RP with us."

Zaerieth smiles.

Kinaed states, "I'd really appreciate it if someone wouldn't mind writing a review, good or bad, also."

Jahaezick is idle.

Mika states, "You get qp for reviews"

Zaerieth states, "Ok. this month, I'll get one in."

Otois says, "Mine is in queue for almost a week now"

Veresk accidentally sets Galen on fire.

Zaerieth nods at Kinaed.

Misune trails off, "I try to remember to vote everyday... just not through autovote since I can't guarantee I'll log on everday to see it"

Silrie wonders, "Autovote?"

Kinaed states, "Please remember to Recommend your RP partners, particularly if they do something that upsets you. Conflict drives RP better than pretty much any other type of interaction."

Silrie says, "Oh"

Silrie states, "I see it"

Galen is on fire. "Eh."

Galen recommends Veresk for setting him on fire.

Haizea states, "I will recommend you if you start shit with me"

Otois calls galen a pansy

Veresk states, "Autovote has helped me actually, if I'm at work I'm reminded because I go through the website, when I'm at home however, I use a mudclient, so the autovote helps."

Alyosha declaims to Haizea, "Noted! >:D"

Galen cries and recommends Otois.

Kinaed asks, "Did anyone else want to make any public service announcements?"

Kinaed nods at Veresk.

Galen trails off, "I-it'd be nice if you could... a-also recommend people who are helpful getting you set up..."

Silrie wracks her brain.

Galen pokes his fingers together. "Just saying..."

Kinaed says to Galen, "That's not the intent of the recommend command."

Mika says, "I should note we can't push through recommends for OOC things, only roleplay"

Zaerieth says, "Foranyone that is playing order, I'm thinking about doing a meeting, to see how we can better work the guild. I'm not as good with some things admittedly, so"

Galen says, "Ohh okay"

Misune ponders "Small thing. If you need to meet with Misune, aka the Earl marshall, and you don't see me on, don't hesitate to write a personal board note. I'd much rather set up a time than miss rp

Kinaed states to Galen, "The recommend command was designed to reward people who are playing 'conflict' characters or 'baddies'."

Otois questions, "Actually it is if they go out of their way to help new players rp?"

Ariel claims, "If you're new and you're having trouble getting started/settled, don't feel afraid to send out feelers to older folks."

Moxie states, "Can we get a command that isn't recommend for people like Galen who help on Visnet? There are some really important people that I want to recognise and have been rejected."

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth.

Mika pontificates, "You can send tells and nice pboard notes!"

Silrie nods.

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

Ariel claims, "We can be pretty busy, but when I'm available, I really like to help folks find their niche, either ICly or OOCly."

Silrie asks, "Wait, recommend is only for bad characters and stuff? Sorry, I'm a bit bheind"

Silrie says, "Behind"

Kato says, "Yeah, people are cool here. I think I took my hat off and bowed to the inquisitor on my first day not realizing the whole hat thing."

Temi claims, "Not for bad characters - for people who cause RP."

Kinaed states to Moxie, "We tend to give out a couple of QP even after rejecting those recommends."

Haizea trails off, "Someone doffed a hat to me too, once ..."

Haizea says, "Once"

Emma says, "Hrmm. I feel like that should be a standard expectation. Helping on visnet, etc."

Temi claims, "Drawing people into RP, even if it's not conflict laden, is awesome too"

Ofelia says to Silrie, "It's for people who drive RP. Bad people have an easier time doing that."

Otois claims, ""Clearly going out of the way to be inclusive of other players.""

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Takta states, "I've awarded QP several times to particularly helpful visnet folks."

Galen states, "Oh, just to be clear, I wasn't talking about helping people out on visnet"

Kinaed says to Emma, "But some people really do help visibly more than others."

Takta states, "And will try to keep doing so."

Otois got some qp for vis stuff

Temi finishes abruptly, "But the recommend system is for RP, not for OOC help - we reward that separately, like they said"

Galen states, "I'd do that anyway, reward or no"

Emma nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed smiles at Galen.

Mika claims, "If someone just plays a particularly difficult themely or good character too, you're allowed to recommend for themely rp or character style"

Takta nods at Mika.

Name : Hunapo le Marama
Created : Thu Aug 7 23:35:46 2014 (419rp/1427h)
IP : 98.232.111.161
OL Level: Excellent RP Level : Average Active: Yes

Intro : a tall, broad shouldered Tubori man
Origins : Tubori Language : Lithmorran
Guild : Reeves Rank : Proconsul (GL) [Judiciary]
Class : Gentry Faith : Holy Church of Dav
Rec Lvl : 42% Death XP : 35834
Influence: Weak 1 / 55

Stats : Str Substantial [ 65] Dex Good [ 60] Con Good [ 60]
Int Terrific [ 70] Wis Good [ 60] Cha Average [ 55]

Height : 5' 9" Weight : 189 lbs. Age : 37
XP : 12737 QP : 141 App : 2
Fitness : 284/300 MV Toughness: 237/310 (310) hp, 100% of max
Items : 23/ 45 Breed : no
Tax : YES Load : 96/195 lbs.

Action : Hunapo has no action set.
Diremote: He leaves [direction] eyes scanning as he goes..
Position: He is standing.
Mail : YES

Goal : Become a magistrate
Affects :
Hunapo is minorly injured, feeling moments of soreness and stiffness
occasionally.

Takta states, "It's a good way to reward people who take the hard road of playing thematic PCs."

Silrie looks around self-consciously. Oh, I think I know what he means?

Silrie claims, "Ah"

Silrie claims, "I sees."

Mika claims, "Ie gentry characters who play their class, nobles who are super serious about their station and courtesy, devout orderites"

Emma claims, "Racist folks."

Takta states, "It can be very hard for players to uphold thematic behavior because their PCs can feel shunned/unsupported, so recs are particularly valuable in those situations."

Takta nods at Emma.

Lily is no longer idle.

Mika declares, "Racist folks!"

Otois says, "Racism does not generate enough rp"

Takta states, "A good way to say 'hey, I appreciate that your RP started this interesting conflict and I'm not taking it OOCly.'"

Silrie nods at Takta.

Otois claims, "Em enough rec*"

Gaven -loves- getting Recs for being racist. He doesn't know why.

Lily sighs, noting that she had to go longer than expected. She reads up.

Misune has recommded several people for racist rp...

Galen exclaims, "For the reconrd I'm really sorry if I sounded unappreciative or anything!"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Hunapo states, "I like to reccomend players who take their punishments like a champ. "

Galen claims, "I've just been like super busy ICly and not getting any recommends made me self-conscious, eheheh"

Otois needs to play around misune more P

Kinaed states, "Okay everyone, we've passed the top of the hour."

Haizea nods at Hunapo.

Silrie glances around.

Kinaed declaims, "Thank you for attending this week's OOC Chat!"

Mika says, "Actually i tend to rec people for being devout at all"

Kinaed states, "In a few moments, I will return you to where you were."

Mika says, "You bunch of heretics"

Gaven says, "GL's don't tend to get Recs for just doing their job Galen. It's not what Recs are for."

Ausef says, "Oh, this is a weekly thing? Neat."

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Zaerieth smiles.

Kinaed nods at Ausef.

Takta pontificates to Ausef, "Come back next week! :D"

Galen declaims, "Fair enough!"

Kinaed pontificates, "Okay, everyone - see you next week!"

• Information