Log of OOC Meeting 9/5/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Gerolf

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Kinaed says, "Is there anyone willing to volunteer to be our Scribe today? This entails some QP to post a log of the OOC Chat up on the forums for those who could not attend."

Lily pontificates, "Alas, the core!"

Hunapo states, "I will"

Adgen says, "Cellar door."

Kinaed claims to Hunapo, "Thank you."

Jules has gone IAW.

Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe

Margaux bites into the soft sugar cookie, then pauses to gnaw at it.

Galen settles into Ofelia's poofy skirt cloud and doesn't get devoured by the skirt spider probably.

Akatar says OOCly, "Is ish back...?"

Eileen snorts at Galen, then says, "Flirt."

Kinaed says, "Ladies and Gents, and everyone else - there are a lot of people in this room, so I'd like to request that we keep comments on-topic."

Eileen nods.

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Akatar emotes a nod.

Otois says OOCly, "Penaut gallery is welcome on ooc"

Azarial states, "Ooc os free for side commentary and antics, though"

Misune states, "I have a topic"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Adgen says, "I'd like to bring one up."

Otois says, "I have a topic to raise"

Kinaed states, "Got all three of you."

Tuan trails off, "I have a question..."

Kinaed asks of Tuan, "Is it a topic or just a quick thing?"

Kato claims, "I got a quick question too."

Addienna hugs Tuan.

Tuan questions, "Is there any way to code thoughts into emotes like whispers?"

Lily begins to count their money.

Kinaed says to Tuan, "Not yet."

Tuan hugs Addienna.

[Action: Addienna is sitting on Tuan. ]

Akatar begins to count their money.

Kinaed wonders to Kato, "Your question, is it quick, or a topic?"

Eileen sits at Anna's feet, staring.

Kato says, "Errr...I was just wondering if crossbows exist and if they didn't if it's possible they might be added one day."

Mika attempts to light a shitty flashlight but it doesn't take.

Kinaed says, "They do not exist to my knowledge."

Akatar trails off, "Could be a research thing..."

Kinaed muses, "Anyone else have a topic they'd like to add to today's agenda?"

Adgen claims, "Awww, can't look in ooc rooms :("

Sabari bites into the soft sugar cookie, then pauses to gnaw at it.

Akatar says, "I guess that would be mine. Yes."

Kinaed has transferred Gaven. [OOC]

Galen flips some raw paper pulp into the air, but fails to catch it as it descends.

Kinaed states, "Okay, to kick off today's Staff Updates - I handled a bit of policy, cleared boards, but otherwise didn't do much. My priorities are still around the roles spec, not much else."

Galen gets some raw paper pulp.

Kinaed claims, "That's me. Azarial, you're up."

Azarial says, "Mmm. bugs, a few crashes, trying to clear the buug list. it;s in the triple digits again. -_-"

Azarial claims, "I can;t think of anything major for the last week."

Kinaed states, "I think the biggest thing to note is that players using the Execution command (burnings, drawing and quartering, hanging, etc) now have to register the PK with an IC_Event post before they can execute."

Kinaed claims, "Regular PKs don't require this."

Hunapo says to Kinaed, "I like this change."

Galen asks, "What if the execution has some kind of notable event or mishap associated with it that couldn't have been anticipated ahead of time but would be of note to include in an IC_Event post?"

Rimilde sits down and rests.

Misune glances to Galen "Very good point."

Azarial wonders, "Was that this week or last?"

Kinaed claims to Galen, "You can edit the registration right up until typing the execute command."

Mika says, "I'm sure we could add to it after the fact"

Kinaed claims, "Yes, staff can also edit the post upon request."

Galen pontificates, "Okay!"

Eileen sits down on the ground.

Galen states, "I mean, not that I plan on executing anyone any time soon."

Kinaed states, "The point for us was more about making sure that IC_Events went up when executions occurred."

Adgen states, "Is that what happened at the farin execution? I thought that one went up really quick."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, Az, that's you. Takta, you're up."

Kinaed nods at Adgen.

Kinaed claims, "First trial of the system."

Takta says, "Added about 50 rooms to the skyway, some of them courtesy of Mika - thanks, Mika! Did a small bit of changes testing, will try to prioritize more soon. But that was the major thing I got done this week. Also put out an assignment asking for folks to take on skyway - thank you to those who responded. I will get you your room maps today."

Takta states, "I am still hopeful Skyway building can be completed by the end of this month, though it is currently about 65% complete."

Galen declaims, "Sorry I didn't respond this time!"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta exclaims, "Nobody's required to respond, of course!"

Takta grins.

Takta states, "That's it for me, really."

Mika states, "You get 2qp per room desc though, and that adds up"

Kinaed claims to Galen, "It's voluntary, but I'm sure if you're interested, it's not too late."

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Haizea asks, "Do you know how many app:5 npcs i could buy?"

Akatar questions, "Is the Skyway supposed to be a mage thing?"

Lily queries, "Can you only do it if you're a thief?"

Kinaed says to Akatar, "More of a new way to navigate the grid, though it does facilitate mage flight."

Eileen says, "I don't plan on exicuting anyone either"

Mika states, "You'll also be able to climb onto roofs, in/outwindows, and run around / jump around"

Galen says, "Basically, it's gonna be really fun."

Kinaed claims to Mika, "I think you're up. :)"

Lily says, "I'm likely too busy to help, but I'm wondering about that/other projects."

Kinaed nods at Lily.

Takta claims, "Anyone can walk on the rooftop portions, though it may require high dex at places."

Misune probably would help, if he could manage to create decent room descs... but alas he can't

Kinaed states to Lily, "We'll let you know as we do what projects are on the table and what help we're looking for. Thanks for being willing to help. :)"

Mika says, "I mostly processed recommends and worked on helpfile typos / requests, got a bunch of prestige things flagged"

Lily asks, "Ahk, so it's more a dex thing than a thief thing?"

Takta states, "(As a note, prestige came out of a previous OOC chat player suggestion. So the stuff you say here matters.)"

Galen hasn't been getting recommended a lot lately C

Mika states, "I'm still in the process of rewriting hillmen to be sexy so people want to play them, so let me know if you want to help"

Takta says to Lily, "Yes."

Lily says, "And thanks. :)"

Kinaed states, "Prestige is what came out of the discussion last week with one of our new players who wanted to know if a noble/inquisitor was in the room with them."

Mika exclaims, "And that's me!"

Kinaed claims to Takta, "You type too fast. :"

Galen declares, "Prestige is a cool idea and I'm glad that it's in the game now!"

Margaux wonders to Mika, "Copious body fur?"

Mika finishes abruptly, "And yeah, prestige - if there's a P after a character name, you'll know to look at their desc"

Lily states, "Oh, huh, I didn't notice that. Good to know."

Mika says to Margaux, "Ohhh you know it"

Mika unzips a bright yellow bear kigurumi and fans herself

Margaux high fives Mika.

Adgen likes 'Prestige' but is hoping for a way to see it on yourself. Like if you set an action and look at yourself or something on your hotbar.

Kinaed claims, "It looks like [P]"

Misune wonders, "If you are wearing an item that has prestige, will cloaking hide it?"

Eileen says, "I'll probably see it then."

Kinaed states to Adgen, "Thanks for the suggestion. I think we can work something out."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Misune claims, "Good to know"

Kinaed claims, "If cloaking doesn't hide your prestige, please bug it."

Galen pulls closed his cloak, hiding his garments.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, I think that's all the staff updates - any questions?"

Haizea pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

Anna asks, "Oh I have a question if it's not too late to be on the list?"

Lily claims, "Hmm, so prestige shows you nobles? Good to know."

Eileen claims, "Oh, thanks."

Margaux states to Lily, "And Inquisitors."

Kinaed asks of Anna, "If it's a quick question, go ahead and ask. Otherwise, let me know it's a topic for Player Topics?"

Haizea nods at Lily.

Margaux says, "Question. "

Kinaed muses to Margaux, "Yes?"

Margaux asks, "Question. Should other guildleaders (EM, Justiciar perhaps?) have prestige flags also?"

A rounded silver tiara set with sparkling, pink-white opals sparkles aggressively on Haizea's head [Haizea]

Anna claims, "It might be medium so I'd say add me to p topics :)"

Kinaed states, "It's not based on who you are, it's based on what you wear."

Adgen questions, "Will guildleaders get the big P? appropriate ones I mean, like EM or Justiciar"

Eileen says, "Momne.t"

Eileen states, "Moment."

Margaux says, "More thinking a sigil of office ala inquisitors."

Lily states, "Ah. So if you wanted to be really devious, you could wear prestiged items. :P"

Galen wonders, "Hm... certain GLs get things that only they can wear, right?"

Adgen says, "Ignore my question"

Misune ponders "So one could potentially steal a nobles clothing and fake the prestige flag?

Mika says, "Gold jewellery, certain furs, and noble-only gemstones laid out in help sumptuary get prestige flags, so your flag will come off if you stop wearing everything fancy"

Takta says, "It's really for 'people who wear obvious items that identify their status, via sumptuary, as somebody who could get you in trouble.'"

Mika nods at Misune.

Kinaed claims, "So if they Justiciar, etc, are wearing things to get attention, then yes. But as it is, we went with highlighting appropriate IC visual queues. Seeing a prestige flag should indicate that you should read the person's desc and eq and look at help sumptuary."

Kinaed has transferred Aios. [OOC]

Ofelia says to Lily, "You could, and then you'd get arrested."

Adgen states, "If it's coded to clothing, they can get it themselves"

Galen isn't prestigious enough.

Takta claims, "Both nobles and Inquisitors have very specific kinds of 'watch-out-for-me' prestige."

Tuan wonders, "I have a question... where does an Op fall in sumptuary?"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Lily claims, "Oh, I know. But that it's possible is neat."

Kinaed claims to Tuan, "It doesn't, it's just a Troub honorific."

Mika says to Tuan, "Gentry"

Addienna states, "Just as a troub gentry."

Galen claims, "Guildleaders are treated as gentry for the purposes of sumptuary."

Galen pontificates, "That's why I can wear this as a freemant!"

Galen says, "FREEMANT"

Adgen claims to Tuan, "Bottom of the heap, the gray haze between noble and gentry."

Galen shows upff a voluminous green velvet overcoat edged in natural designs, even though he's a freemant.

Kinaed claims to Tuan, "If you use it, and you're not an op, you're probably impersonating a guild member, though, which I think is illegal."

Gaven states, "Guildleaders aren't immediately known to everyone who sees them though."

Margaux states to Galen, "Except for Justiciar and EM, who can wear noble stuff."

Galen says, "Upff."

Gaven says, "So a flag like that wouldn't make sense on them

Kato pontificates, "I like the prestige flags. Thank you!"

Mika says to Adgen, "More like between freeman and gentry, if you come from peasant blood"

Akatar wonders, "So shouldn't guildleaders be like.. Promoted to gentry?"

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, if that wraps up our immediate queries - it's now Player Heartbeat!"

Takta pontificates to Kato, "Your suggestion brought to life!"

Takta grins.

Margaux states to Akatar, "Yes."

Kinaed claims to Akatar, "They sort of are."

Tuan states, "I'm just wondering for things like clothes and jewelry."

Galen claims, "Guildleaders are basically de facto gentry."

Takta claims to Tuan, "Gentry."

Tuan wants to be a pretty Bard!

Kinaed wonders, "How was RP in the last week, folks?"

Otois declares, "RP was fun, a lot of entertaining and unexpected twists in the scenes but I would like to take a moment for a short PSA. If you are going to start a conflict scene, please make sure that you have the time to see it through, because having to log off in the middle of it causes a lot of headaches for everyone around. Thank you for listening!"

Azarial claims, "Gls get a code bump in class if neeeded, and upon retiring it is reverted"

Galen says, "They don't get the patronym but they get all the rights and privileges of gentry as long as they hold the office."

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Akatar says, "Great! So many awesome things happening. :)"

Anna states, "I had fun. :) <------ my emotes are better than that usually."

Kato exclaims, "As a new player to MUDS and the server, I'm having a blast. I can't complain!"

Mika grins.

Galen claims, "RP has been amazing! We're so active with tons and tons of new people."

Ofelia says, "Can't complain, it's been super, super productive."

Sabari nods.

Galen says, "I have been kept very busy as Magnate making sure to help get all the new Merchants oriented and settled in."

Blake claims, "Been lazy."

Misune says, "Rp has been quite interesting. It's been indepth and fun, a bit time-consuming but good"

Galen pontificates, "There's been a lot going on and a lot to look forward to!"

Mikhael claims, "For what I am use to, things are different, but not in a bad way ;)"

Tuan declares, "The Bards had a Rap battle!"

Adgen states, "Rp has been decent. Some things are going slow, but adapting to those things."

Rimilde nods to Otois, "Good point, if it's an arrest they can't log, but sometimes it isn't, and it can cause a lot of confusion later for a lot of people, on a variety of levels."

Kinaed says, "I'm not sure what's drawing the crowds, but I note that we're rank 4 on TMC and only 1 vote away from rank 3. Thank you, everyone who has been voting consistently and keeping autovote on to get the reminders."

Mikhael says, "From*"

Lily states, "Huh, so GL can't go to southside then? Interesting. And yeah, it's been pretty fun."

Takta gives a door shaped sugar cookie to Aios.

Margaux claims to Tuan, "You didn't invite me."

Takta gives a door shaped sugar cookie to Gaven.

Galen declaims, "Aaaah I'm sorry I gotta go!"

Lily states, "*a GL"

Otois states, "Not going to name any names or situations, it was just a psa :)"

Lily waves to Galen.

Kinaed says to Lily, "Only some GLs get upgraded in social class - some get downgraded."

Mika questions to Galen, "Where do you want me to drop you, send a tell?"

Galen has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Mika says, "Or kinaed is quicker on the draw"

Tuan states to Margaux, "I don't think you were around"

Tuan gnaws on Addienna.

Adgen voted.

Lily questions to Kinaed, "Only the thieves guild, I'd assume though?"

Margaux accepts that.

Kinaed queries, "Before we move off Player Heartbeat, may I ask if anyone has any complaints that they'd like staff to address?"

Addienna is gnawed upon. Whimpers.

Kato shakes his head.

Kinaed states, "Hehe, okay. :)"

Tuan trails off, "Oh, oh..."

Otois says, "Guess we were all good"

Kinaed says, "Alright, player topics - Otois! You're up first."

Otois claims, "And we got a cookie"

Misune ponders "I can't think of anything."

Otois states, "I wanted to raise, hopefully, a shorter issue this time - about magery and the evilness of mages. i was living under the impression that they are just born with that twist of evil because that is what taint does to them. I always imagined this as a sort of "dark side" that shows for one reason or another, maybe as light as tormenting their trade competitors with bad dreams to more severe need to kill in name of the spirit of the goat. But given recent discussion on the forums, and lack of helpfile clarifying this, am I wrong in that assumption? Because to me a concept of a mage without the dark side just seems like a bad one as without it you have a mage that will never be caught, or suffer any consequences of his power, while getting all the upside. My point would be that I think it would be worthwhile to make a helpfile that outlines the magery to non-mages, from OOC point of view, not one influenced by church of dav."

Kinaed smiles.

Gaven says, "I was under the impression Mages weren't inherently evil but that the religion made them out to be."

Takta nods at Gaven.

Gaven states, "Which, admittedly, I found more compelling"

Kinaed states, "A mage can become a mage either by birth or by sacrifice code (murder someone to become a mage). The Order and many Lithmorrans believe that associating with mages can also make you a mage."

Mika finishes abruptly, "Whether or not a character is evil is entirely subjective - from the mages' point of view, there's all these people burning them just for having an innate talent"

Lily agrees with Gaven.

Takta claims, "Or, rather, I like to say that it's unclear and it's grey."

Kato claims, "I think it's supposed to be a constant philosophical question that tugs at everyone."

Lavalle says, "Yeah, i mean, if you look at saint miriam, she wasnt an evil one"

Kinaed claims, "I'd say... it depends on the mage."

Takta states, "Many mages become rather evil in play, perhaps even the majority of mages, as they become more powerful."

Misune whistles innocently

Tomas states to Mika, "Indeed. or a mage could be a self hating mage, bu is too afraid to turn themselves in and it could be a very fun dynamic"

Takta states, "Maybe that does mean magic makes you evil. No mage is FORCED to accept that RP as truth."

Adgen claims, "I've met a few mages that were powerful and 'good'."

Gaven claims, "Power corrupts :("

Margaux says to Takta, "Also true that non mages often become more evil and jaded also."

Lily claims, "I mean, I don't think playing a mage without a taint/a good mage lacks risk. They're still a mage, and if people find out, they'd still be burned."

Kinaed says, "To be fair, a lot of mages do terrorist-like stuff."

Otois says, "My primary point would be that there is a lot of confusion on this subject, and the only helpfile available on it is made from the POV of church. It would be good to have this in clear OOC-style helpfile, so people who get into mager can learn it aheady of time."

Mika states, "I can understand mages becoming embittered and evil in this atmosphere, too"

Hunapo says, "YOu can also be 'evil' and just not get caught thanks to a public persona"

Kinaed states, "Their reputation as evil has some backing."

Mikhael says, "I normally play mages as scared and good until they get super powerful and then go on insane killing sprees >_>"

Gaven claims, "A point was brought up on the forums that a lot of mages end up doing terrorist stuff because it's the only avenue that they really have to go down to rp their magic side other than astral walking."

Kato says, "I very much enjoy the setting, and I only know so much, but the cards are definitely stacked against mages to errr...make them generally be more evil it seems."

Margaux states, "That confusion is part of our theme, really."

Lily muses, "So what does help taint mean exactly? Do mages get taint when they cast all spells, or just when they cast evil spells?"

Kinaed claims, "I think only having the Order's point of view on good/evil is very valid for TI's theme."

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Takta claims, "It doesn't sound as if most people believed mages are legit for-sure made evil by magic."

Mika finishes abruptly to Gaven, "Yeah - we've been adding a bunch of spells that are less conflict oriented"

Lily wonders, "The wording is vague, and maybe that's where there's confusion?"

Takta claims, "So I'm not sure there was wide-spread confusion of the sort that needs a elpfile."

Gaven says, "That doesn't really solve that issue though Mika"

Kato agrees with Kinaed

Adgen states, "I think that it's vague on purpose. Not only so icly players are given the Church's pov, but also so that mages can decide how they became a mage."

Jahaezick is idle.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that's Otois' topic. Next, I have Adgen."

Margaux states, "Basically, mages are people too, capable of both good and evil. Shades of grey are where TI is at."

Mika says to Gaven, "It's still up to people to rp their mages how they like, but there are a few running around whose magery gimmick has nothing to do with causing chaos"

Lily wonders, "'and casting spells widely regarded (even among mages) as being immoral' Guessing this means good spells don't produce taint?"

Mika nods.

Kinaed queries to Adgen, "Would you care to introduce your topic to us?"

Tuan summons Crowley at the Crossroads. "Make me a mage!"

Adgen says, "Be a sec as I type it"

Lily claims, "But hmm, tis been informative."

Misune queries, "Is there really a good spell?"

Azarial says to Tuan, "It has to be someone...important to you."

Addienna says, "I believe that is what Sacrifice is for."

Takta says, "What causes taint in a coded sense is not well-know, and what causes taint ICly is a matter of much debate."

Takta states, "So we can never write super clear helpfiles to nail all this down because that damages the valuable ambiguity in theme."

Tomas wonders, "There is a code mechanic for taint?"

Tuan states, "I was trying to make a funny"

Lily asks, "Yeah, but a neutral spell which doesn't affect anyone really surely wouldn't cause it?"

Kato claims, "I just like calling magic 'The Taint.'"

Hunapo claims, "You will just have to find out *evil laugh*"

Takta claims to Lily, "According to Davites, any spell might cause taint."

Takta muses, "So, who knows?"

Jahaezick is no longer idle.

Jahaezick has returned from AFK.

Mika claims, "A lot of davites don't hate mages and want to save people from themselves"

Lily says, "I know it's meant to be vague, and yes, but it'd just suck playing a good/neutral mage if you find out coded mechanics make it impossible."

Lily states, "If all spells are coded to produce taint"

Adgen states, "Okay so something that has bugged me, and apparently some others. There are a few bank/courier rooms(2 that I can think of) that you might never know are such. I was wonder if those could be marked so players(especially new ones) can know the room is a rumor mill/bank/courier. The two I know of, are the Court Malenta and a room at the Keep, there's nothing in the desc or anything that suggests being able to mail or use bank services."

Kinaed says, "I can't think of any coded mechanics to detect good/evil."

Aios states, "Since there's no way (or is there?) to know your current level of taint, you can always RP it and there's not really any code telling you otherwise."

Kinaed nods at Adgen.

Kinaed says, "I'll think about how we can handle that, it's a fair point."

Lily queries, "Rumor mill?"

Jules says, "There's a spell that acts on Taint."

Gaven says, "I don't really like the idea of rumor mills being marked. You can generally tell if you think 'hey, would this be a good place to spread something'"

Gaven states, "Like the crossroads or taverns for example"

Misune trails off, "I think those two examples, are just for ease... a handwave essentially because the rooms are so far out from any other source of bank and courier"

Gaven states, "Flagging them would take away that feeling"

Lily states, "Well, sometimes you can't. Like, you'd assume the docks would be full of rumours."

Lily states, "But they're not."

Kinaed has transferred Emma. [OOC]

Aios states, "If you hang out in rumor mills you also get the "so and so replies to a passerby" auto rumor chatter, right? So just need to pause for a while to know if a spot is good for rumors."

Kinaed nods at Aios.

Mika nods at Aios.

Misune states, "I agree with aios.. I don't think more flags are needed for things that could be found out with a bit of patience"

Eileen wonders, "Sometimes I hear romurs as soon as I wake up, so the alms house is a bit of a rumor mill sometimes too, isn't it?"

Mika finishes abruptly, "I agree with the bank/courier though (although sometimes it doesn't make sense IC and is just a matter of convenience where characters can get stuck - the recovery ward being a bank/courier for example)"

Kinaed says, "Still, I think it's a valid point to raise. I'll discuss it with staff. I don't want to add anything crazy to flag the places, but I agree it's good to know what you're dealing with."

Takta claims, "Yeah, bank and courier might make sense as just needing to be clear and obvious."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Adgen trails off, "The part I was really finding the most frustrating was the bank/courier part, since ... what takta said"

Jahaezick claims, "You could just add a coloured line to the end of the room desc."

Aios says, "Maybe just an NPC that makes sense for the area, e.g. in the hospital there can be a runner who offers to fetch mail and handle bank stuff for patients. Doesn't have to actually DO anything, just be sentinel to "mark" the room as this and/or that."

Eileen asks, "What about if you have color off? Will it still translate?"

Jules claims, "Every guild gets a bank/courier, I think. So maybe it's just a matter of making those locations more obvious."

Gaven claims, "I really like the idea of the NPC."

Emma claims, "Merchants courier is weird."

Gaven claims, "Even give them names so we can be like 'Hey, Gustavo, deliver my mail. Kthx brother'"

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure how we'll handle it, but I will discuss it further with staff after the meeting."

Kinaed queries to Misune, "You're up, Misune. Introduce us to your topic please? :)"

Misune states, "All I wanted to raise was just that it's been two weeks since the poll for Board or score went up, and I was wondering whether or not any progress has been made on that front, like whether or not we intend to go back to having boards in score, or keep them only in board."

Kinaed says, "Type 'autoboard'"

Otois pontificates, "Its back as toggle!"

Lavalle claims, "I thought the autoboard command handled that"

Kinaed nods at Lavalle.

Otois exclaims, "For which i praise jesus!"

Misune states, "Oh... I wasn't aware of this.."

Emma shrieks. "Yay!"

Haizea claims, "Oooh"

Jahaezick muses, "What's board, exactly?"

Kinaed claims to Misune, "I think it was put in help news."

Jules states, "I somehow missed that toggle, too. Thanks."

Adgen says, "Didn't know about that either"

Jahaezick says, "Oh, those."

Rimilde blinks, "Oh that is nice."

Eileen says, "Oh, cool."

Kinaed states to Jahaezick, "It's the command to see what OOC Boards have notes in your score."

The Courier hands Margaux a letter.

Misune trails off, "Well then... yeah that is all I had to raise"

Margaux studies a piece of mail.

Eileen questions, "Um?"

Jahaezick wonders, "Yeah, I was so used to just having them. When'd you change that?"

Kinaed wonders to Tuan, "You're up, Tuan. Care to introduce us to your topic?"

Tuan states, "Yrata's player likely won't be able to make the party tomorrow so either myself or Ariel will be throwing out poses for her performance. She's already agreed and sent a link with the poses. Just wanted to make that known so there won't be any confusion."

Kinaed claims to Jahaezick, "When we added wounds to score."

Mika says to Jahaezick, "We needed room at the bottom for the wound descriptions"

Jahaezick nods.

Kato says to Tuan "Uh oh,"

Kinaed says, "Okay, everyone - that covers all of our player topics that I know about."

Anna asks, "Me if I can?"

Tuan trails off to Kato, "Don't uh oh. uh oh is never good..."

Eileen trails off, "Well if she's already put up poses and things, I'm sure it would be all right..."

Kinaed wonders, "May I ask, is anyone willing or interested to write a review for TI on TMC, Top Mud Sites, MudPortal, etc?"

Takta claims, "Didn't realize she had meant for someone to play her PC as IF she was there - that seems odd."

Anna questions, "If this is covered somewhere in the helpfiles please just refer me, and sorry :)...I was wondering about the creation of art objects? For instance painting, if someone has that skill and enjoys doing that, would there be a way to actually produce real in-game paintings via that? The same way as you write a pmote, like using words to paint the picture if anyone "looks" at it? Or is it just to be RP'd?"

Kinaed states to Anna, "Apologies, the scroll goes by a bit fast for me."

Anna says, "No problem I thought of it very late, my fault."

Hunapo claims to Anna, "Check out the council chambers in town hall. there is an interesting painting there."

Otois says, "Kinaed I will, did not do review for 2 years now"

Kinaed says, "Xinoe is working on expanding papercraft to cover artwork like that. At the moment, most people just RP it and create works on pieces of paper."

Otois says, "And a lot changed"

Kinaed states to Otois, "Thank you."

Emma says, "Papercraft works to that end for the time being, Anna, though you would want to add an ed desc for the painting."

Akatar questions, "So papercraft is really an art skill?"

Tuan trails off, "Is there an issue ghosting as another Bard or..."

Takta says, "Yes, papercraft will cover art when it gets fully expanded, and is oft used for that now."

Anna claims, "Ok thanks. And thanks to whoever suggested papercraft to me :)"

Akatar claims, "I though that it was more of stuff like making books and the such."

Kinaed states, "Not at the moment, but it is the last craft being reworked. It will become something like 'arts and crafts'."

Ofelia muses, "So anyone RPing an art skill for now should really invest in papercraft for the inevitable change?"

Kinaed nods at Akatar.

Takta claims to Tuan, "I think staff might need to talk that over."

Tuan states, "Ruh roh"

Eileen states, "Feh"

Lily states, "Huh, arts and crafts? That's neat."

Kinaed states to Ofelia, "I'm not sure I'd go that far."

Eileen states, "I should have become an artist."

Adgen will corner the market on macaroni arwork.

Akatar wonders, "Will there be two different skiils? Art and then Bookmaking?"

Margaux is totally making Rimilde some macaroni art.

Ofelia states, "Because... this is relevant to my interests. >.>"

Addienna looks forward to 'art'!

Kato states, "Obviously not my call, but there's a lot of stuff that can be gleamed unknowingly by you or whoever plays her. How she remembers people, cnotes, etc."

Rimilde grins at Margaux and will hang it up in her office:)

Misune queries, "Quick question about papercrafting... would it really fall under a merchants skill?"

Aios says, "Art for painting could be creating the canvas. If you buy an unfinished canvas you can paint (tool) it yourself."

Aios claims, "Rather, "papercraft for painting""

Kinaed says, "No, I think bookmaking is too small in itself to be a skill, and we have a host of other misc crafts skills that are too small, so we're shoving them together."

Haizea takes a deep breath and hustles up more exp to commission a hall of portraits of herself

Kinaed states to Misune, "I'm not sure. Maybe not re: remaning a merchant guildskill."

Jahaezick says, "You could add scribe, as well as papermaking, origami, and cardstock to bookmaking"

Eileen says, "Gross Hizia."

Eileen grins at Haizea.

Kinaed says, "It depends on how it turns out, but I suspect if it becomes a 'craft' style skill, it probably will fall out of Merchants."

Kinaed nods at Jahaezick.

Misune nods to Kinaed "I just bring it up because when was the last time you saw a merchant who was able to make a living just by doing papercraft...

Kinaed says, "I think Xinoe is keen to hear ideas."

Misune states, "Heck, I even tried to join the merchants a long time ago but was rejected because papercraft wasn't a viable craft"

Kinaed claims, "Oh, to note - Herbalism is now a thief and Physicians guildskill as opposed to only physicians."

Jahaezick says, "I'd be happy to give my two cents at a later date, probably on the forums."

Lily wonders, "On places like etsy? :P"

Kinaed nods at Jahaezick.

Kinaed grins at Lily.

Eileen says, "Yaaay."

Gaven says, "So time to start up those drug cartels"

Gaven claims, "And make war in the streets of Southside"

Akatar claims, "Lol"

Haizea nods at Gaven.

Kinaed queries, "Does anyone have any further Public Service Announcements they'd like to share? Shameless plugs?"

Eileen asks, "I shall sell out of the office. Wait, what?"

Hunapo declares to Lily, "I like it!"

Takta pontificates, "Event tomorrow!"

Kato states, "I laughed when I realized I was able to look at a help file for smoking."

Kinaed asks of Takta, "What's the event?"

Emma pontificates, "Which event?!"

Tomas claims, "Next week is the open court, come one, come all. and after that, I'll be gone for a bit"

Adgen says to Misune, "Alot of merchants use it for a variety of reasons. Boxes for clothes, adverts, some use it to supplement their income and offer a variety of items"

Tuan muses, "Eat more chicken?"

Takta exclaims, "IC_Event 40! Spring Awakening/birthday party!"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kato muses, "7pm EST, yes?"

Eileen claims, "Weee, for awakening and the like."

Takta claims, "7 pm EST."

Eileen states, "We should all get high and giggle a lot."

Misune nods to Adgen "I understand that... but they don't actually use it as their only craft, just a supliment

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Speaking of awakening - latent mages have recently been awakened to raise our population %"

Eileen trails off, "Oy..."

Emma claims, "There was an Orderite Merchant who did very well with just a publishing shop."

Emma says, "I think he was something of an anomoly though."

Otois asks of Kinaed, "Another comet?"

Akatar asks, "That's kind of scary... How many?"

Eileen claims, "Mages seem to get burned like... almost right away."

Ofelia wonders to Emma, "I think there is still a banner for that shop up and the shop appears to... not exist?"

Kinaed states to Akatar, "I don't recall, but we're around 30% active population are mages."

Emma nods at Ofelia.

Akatar trails off, "O.o That's a few... Lol"

Kinaed says, "So just slightly under one in three people you meet is probably a mage."

Misune nods to Eileen "The return rate for mages to the abyss is rather high currently."

Sabari muses, "I also had a vague notion that there was supposed to be an event going on later tonight? Might have mistaken that for tomorrow's though :)"

Jahaezick claims, "One in three people in this room is a mage."

Aios looks all around.

Otois claims, "Well then, on that note"

Ofelia grins.

Kinaed claims, "Probably. :P"

Otois shuffles about

Eileen grins at Misune.

Azarial has to be, to write spells.

Misune agrees with Sabari "I had that same notion, but then found out it was tommorrow."

Lily says, "Jeez, I might have to reconsider certain things then."

Adgen holds out the Erra pater, looking ot Kinaed, " Actually it says that everyone else is a mage, so should probably pyre the city."

Kinaed says, "Wow, for as many people as we have in the room, we powered through our OOC Chat."

Eileen grins.

Mika says, "Oh, I'd like to say then too - if you catch a cyan mage being weird, we like to give them a warning cause sometimes it's just that they don't know mechanics. Otherwise, even if people are being suspicious, leave a cnote paper trail when you find out if someone's a mage - sometimes it doesn't make sense your character would be able to deduce the things that you can."

Kinaed says, "I'd like to ask that you consider if you owe anyone a recommend for giving you some nice, juicy plot to play with."

Misune says, "I think alot of people have wanted to do that, just burn the city"

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Jahaezick states, "Most of whom were mages."

Eileen claims, "Yeah, but then we wouldn't have a game."

Mikhael asks, "Is there an ETA for the Anklets to be fully funtional?"

Takta says, "I'd also like to make a plug for religious RP, especially with our newer players/characters."

Mika nods.

Kinaed wonders to Mikhael, "Er, ah, anklets?"

Anna declares, "And hug your local bard! :)"

Gaven wonders, "Anklebracelets?"

Eileen questions, "Aww, you mean i gotta pray and things?"

Takta claims, "It'd be awesome to see more people embracing Davite theme and RPing knowledge and acceptance of the faith."

Otois states, "Not enough chalicing, although racism seems to be on the rise"

Eileen hugs Anna.

Addienna states, "We need more priests/priestess chars and less inquisitors."

Adgen states to Kinaed, "Speaking of recommends, did mine go through from Max's pyring? I haven't noticed the ' your rec went through message'."

Takta declaims, "Most every PC would be raised in the Church, remember!"

Eileen states, "Ooooh, ok"

Mikhael states to Kinaed, "I'll send a tell :D"

Haizea states to Otois, "Its those bawdy tubori"

Eileen says, "This is true, but you know."

Misune states, "Can only do so much priestly rp"

Lily says, "Problem with religious rp, is you only can do one religion, so there's not much variety."

Otois claims, "You can do more than one religion"

Mika declaims, "There's actually several religions! just only one you won't get burned for being overt about"

Otois is secretly a cyclist

Kinaed claims to Adgen, "I'll discuss that with you after the OOC Chat."

Takta claims, "There's great depth and interest in Davism, too. :)"

Eileen coughs and exclaims, "Noblebrat."

Eileen grins.

Tuan agrees with Addienna!!!

Kinaed has transferred Alyosha. [OOC]

Anna states, "Yay hugs :)"

Kinaed queries, "Since we've gotten through most of the chat topics, we can either socialize until the top of the hour, or I can end the chat early. Any opinions?"

Eileen claims, "Yeah, the inquisitors kinda scare me to be honest."

Lily says, "Yeah, but practicing another religion is basically like playing a mage"

Ofelia says, "And it's kind of.. yanno... the theme. Even if your character is not religious, there should be some expected feelings regarding Davism."

Otois says, "Bring in the keg of beer"

Jahaezick claims, "Less likely to be burned, more likely to go through 'reconditioning'."

Misune kind of agres with Lily

Akatar says, "I had a topic."

Takta queries to Akatar, "Yeah?"

Margaux claims, "And Mika's new seksy Hillmen."

Eileen grins.

Mika says, "More chest hair"

Lily queries, "And I don't think you get cool powers for practicing another religion? :P"

Akatar claims, "Sorry, it was kind of after you guys finished asking for them,."

Mika claims, "Come on people"

Kinaed wonders to Akatar, "What is it that you'd like to discuss?"

Akatar claims, "I was wondering about research. I heard it's not going to be just magic.. So is it going to be also things like crossbows, explosives, and other sorts of science? How exactly is that going to work? Will it be that if you have x research, and x woodworking, you'd be able to learn such and such? I'd like to find that you can research some advanced things like, new spells, new recipes and the sort by using research. Where it turns out that the ones we have no are the 'common' ones. Meaning there would be some more potent ones once you discovered them. Maybe you can even discover combination spells that way. I.e. a spell that uses both Fire and Earth, etc. Or maybe you find a book written in an unknown language and can translate it because of your high research skill. Maybe it could relate to discovering a skill you otherwise would have to learn from someone else... Or... All of those things."

Lily says, "Oh, and I'm curious. Is that 30% players total, I guess? So including alts? If so, that makes sense."

Azarial claims, "Research would be advancing skills, not creating new things to try adn evolve the technologucal level"

Kinaed says to Akatar, "Research probably won't be designed to open new technology, but rather can be used to learn skills (if we ever get around to that one)"

Margaux states, "TI's technology is pretty stagnant as the Order suppresses innovative thought."

Mika claims, "Your character can attempt to advance technology, but they might be burned for it"

Kinaed nods at Margaux.

Emma states, "Made a sparkly ring once. Almost died. Margaux knows."

Eileen claims, "Seems you're burned for just having ideas."

Eileen grins.

Otois exclaims, "Yes!"

Otois says, "The good times"

Lily questions, "Or is that 30% active mages?"
Mika wonders to Eileen, "You know who else has ideas? mages"

Jahaezick says, "Took forever to just get spectacles a non-burnable offense."

Azarial says, "And some technology will be flat out denied."

Aios nods in agreement with Mika.

Azarial will not write explosives.

Jahaezick says, "All mages recently got awakened."

Jahaezick claims, "So 30% active."

Eileen states to Mika, "You know who else has ideas? Writers."

Rimilde looks at Margaux "Is there a helpfile for that? Like what is accepted and what isn't? I've heard some odd things mentioned in RP that people are working on and I think it might not be clear to them? Not sure."

Lily says, "Ahk, and with people having alts, that makes sense I guess."

Mikhael asks of Emma, "Do you still have Thea's dagger?"

Otois says, "That is it, time to open a tinfoil hat store with all those mages"

Takta says, "It's important to understand how powerful the fear of witchcraft is. In a world where people CAN do things nobody understands, and they ARE magic... then, well. Of course science might be seen as potential magic."

Emma pulls out a dagger.

Emma stops using a steel dagger, crafted with the details of a blooming lily.

Emma declaims, "I do!"

Emma wields a steel dagger, crafted with the details of a blooming lily.

Takta states, "It sounds stupid to us because IRL, magic isn't real."

Emma tucks her dagger in her belt.

Margaux says, "I've burned people for trying to build a steam engine."

Mikhael smiles at Emma.

Jahaezick says, "As the saying goes, science, if sufficently advanced enough, is indistinguishable from magic."

Gaven trails off, "....yikes Margaux"

Sabari wonders to Margaux, "For serious? :o"

Margaux says, "Seriously."

Lily states to Takta, "That's a religious discussion actually, I wouldn't go there. :P"

Hunapo states, "I fully support Marg in that."

Kinaed states, "Me too"

Eileen claims, "I am just gonna be the good girl and cry at every burning."

Takta claims, "If magic was real and you saw somebody do something inexplicable by what you understood of the world, of course it'd look like magic."

Otois claims, "Hey i will throw in th first log on that pyre"

Azarial claims, "Also, don;t break the clock tower."

Aios claims to Jahaezick, "Would be pretty funny if that ends up being the TI endgame. We find out it's all just science after all."

Lily claims to Takta, "Many religions believe magic is real. ;)"

Rimilde nods to Margaux "But is there a list? or guide for this?"

Sabari nods at Takta.

Mikhael starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Jahaezick wonders, "What about the clock tower?"

Takta states, "Burnings should actually be... I don't want to say 'old hat', but few PCs would have never seen a burning before."

Azarial states, "You can;t fix it."

Kinaed claims to Eileen, "Most Davites would consider a burning commonplace and a necessary evil. Back in medivael times, executions were partly entertainment."

Jahaezick says, "Ah right, if you fix it you're a mage."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Hunapo claims to Takta, "That doesn't mean that people cant still be affected by them."

Takta says to Lily, "To avoid that discussion, let's just note you know what I mean. ;)"

Addienna exclaims, "For children of all ages!"

Azarial claims, "A burning was sending someone's soul on the express train to the good side of th afterlife"

Takta declaims, "Oh sure. I really like it when people are affected by stuff!"

Misune will sell snacks at burnings

Ofelia says, "Yeah, in theme, a cleansing is a Good Thing(TM)"

Margaux states, "Marg takes her kids to burnings and executions. :)"

Takta states, "But it can be even better RP to put these things into IC context of the thematic world."

Jahaezick claims, "Executions are not a good thing."

Kato claims, "Man, it would suck to go on the pyre for inventing something haha."

Mikhael finishes his note.

Eileen states, "I just have a soft heart, though."

Kinaed nods at Eileen.

Hunapo trails off to Margaux, "The family that pyres together..."

Aios states to Misune, "I used to sell rotten apples and heads of lettuce for throwing... Might have to stock some for the next one."

Eileen claims, "It physicially hurts her when she sees someone die."

Jahaezick says, "Executions are a last resort. Magery is seen as Not Your Fault(tm), and you are entitled to being cleansed of said earthly taint."

Lily wonders, "Better not invent a new way of cooking fish? :P"

Sabari nods at Jahaezick.

Eileen says, "She knows that, but that doesn't stop the tears."

Ofelia claims to Aios, "I would pay money for stocks and a rotten fruit stand."

Gaven states, "Sounds like she's been magicked Eileen."

Kinaed says to Jahaezick, "Back in the old days, executions were a way of protecting the populace. Laws about cruel and unusual punishment didn't exist until the 1800s."

Lily states, "Cleansed by burning? Hah."

Gaven says, "We better exorcise the taint."

Azarial states, "It was also entertainment."

Hunapo claims to Lily, "Exactly."

Kinaed claims, "Maybe 1700s, but still, way after TI's timeframes."

Jahaezick claims, "Gladiators."

Otois trails off, "Up to 1900 in certain regions..."

Eileen states, "But she hasn't. LOL."

Haizea mutters: 'O.. w.t. a.. ..... ..ads imo'

Misune glances to Aios "Yeah but you sell items one can throw, I want to sell items for snacks and treats while enjoying the pyring,

Sabari muses, "I was under the impression that sure, a burning is unpleasant, but people view it as being for the "greater good" for both society and the person being burned?"

Kinaed states, "We do have a Colosseum that I've never seen used."

Azarial claims, "And depending, some things are still current to this day. hand chopping, for one."

Kinaed claims, "Someone should make a gladiator"

Emma trails off, "...Fights to the death..."

Lily states, "I do wonder why sacrifice is the only way of getting magic apart from being born with it."

Jahaezick declares, "I call dibs on being a gladiator!"

Tomas says to Kinaed, "I'm tempted to for my next character"

Misune says, "But then they need another gladiator to fight"

Akatar pontificates, "That would be epic!"

Mika claims to Sabari, "Burning's a combination cleansing and penance for all the sins you might need to expidate before you die"

Lily claims, "That does put an evil bent towards magic right away."

Sabari nods at Mika.

Akatar trails off, "What if the inquisitors put a mage in there, up against some knights... xD"

Tuan trails off, "I have wondered about doing an event at the Coliseum..."

Aios states to Lily, "Maybe all sacrificial mages are evil, and all "natural" mages are not ;) Just to make it even more confusing."

Adgen states, "My favorite historical test for magery was the water test, tie someone's hands and feet up, toss them in the lake. If the floated, they were a witch and got burned, if they drowned, " Sorry, God Bless, welcome to Heaven.""

Emma claims, "Oh god, Akatar."

Jahaezick claims, "I'm going to note something that I've heard said here before."

Eileen says, "Heh, if she didn't cry, I'd think something was wrong with her. Burnings scare the crap out of her to be honest."

Jahaezick claims, "If you notice that Davites are water themed, but also have references to the other elements in the cathedral"

Kato queries, "Is there a leaning to giving softer punishments than execution? Dunno if I am allowed to ask this, lol. But like is it pretty much you screw up and you get executed, or are players generally a bit more lax about it all?"

Gaven claims, "That would be amazing. Put a pyre in the colliseum and have the knights do combat with them. If they defeat the Knights then it's the Lord's will and they aren't really a mage."

Eileen states, "Usually if you can't be redeemed."

Anna states, "I'd say as long as it doesn't break theme and is in-character, go with it."

Kinaed says to Kato, "There's a book of Penances."

Emma states, "I think I've only ever seen one player executed for secular crimes. Maybe two."

Jahaezick questions, "Is that still floating around?"

Jahaezick claims, "I had a copy once upon a time."

Kinaed says, "Non-mages and non-heretics generally don't need to fear being cleansed."

Emma states, "Usually they get a whippin'."

Mika claims, "There's still books of penances running around"

Takta claims, "And most heretics get multiple tries to repent."

Ofelia states, "Dunno, trial by combat does not seem like it would fit with the attitude toward mages."

Adgen claims to Kinaed, "Riiiiiiiiiiiight"

Kinaed says, "The big gray area is heretics."

Aios says to Kinaed, "Regarding the colliseum; it's several rooms, but not really any way to "Watch" them all, right? Like if they were fighting then ran into the next room, the whole audience would have to run around chasing them."

Mika claims to Kato, "Generally pcs won't want to halt RP, so executions are oocly a last resort"

Lily asks, "Hmm, what about people associating with mages?"

[Reeves] Sikod: Huh?

Misune trails off, "Remembers when someone was quartered.... that was awesome"

Takta claims, "Associating with mages is heresy."

Gaven states, "I'm surprised at the lack of secular executions on people who attack guildleaders and Nobility."

Akatar muses, "Unless someone sets them up, right? Like makes it look like they are a mage...?"

Emma trails off, "Someone was quartered?..."

Lily asks, "As in, being a heretic?"

Jahaezick says, "Yeah, Scarlet."

Jahaezick says, "That was a fun time."

Eileen states, "But you don't know that they're mages if they hide it."

Kato claims, "Alright, Thanks! I only ask because I am a really jaded person when it comes to anything PvP-oriented."

Mika says, "Execute npcs to your heart's content though"

Misune trails off, "Awhile ago emme..."

Emma trails off, "Eesh..."
Kinaed claims to Aios, "The main area of the Colosseum is one room."

Jahaezick claims, "Benedictus and Scarlet were having an affair."

Misune says, "It was gruesome but awesome"

Lily claims, "Yeah, but given there's 30% people being mages--it'd be pretty hard NOT to associate with them"

Aios states to Kinaed, "Ah, hadn't peeked much since it was put up, my bad then."

Emma trails off, "I feel like I've missed a significant part of history. Must... find.. books..."

Lily questions, "So I'd hope you could be forgiven?"

Takta claims, "Knowingly associating with mages is heresy. Unknowingly associated may get you questioned."

Eileen claims, "Not if you don't know they're mages, though. if they don't do magic around you, then you wouldn't know."

Blake scans the area, looking for somewhere to hide.

Lily claims, "Ah, okay."
Blake edges towards his chosen hiding spot.

Mikhael begins to descend.

Blake reaches his position.

Mikhael leaves down.

Blake conceals himself as best as possible.

Ofelia states, "It'll test how well you can hustle in the face of the Inquisition."

Akatar muses, "That's another thing... Where are all o fthe player written books I can buy?"

Eileen queries, "Are they in the library?"

Jahaezick begins to count their money.

Anna questions, "May I be zapped back to the globe? Need to prepare my performance :) :)"

Misune does the hustle

Tuan claims, "Time for me to run. "

Anna pontificates, "Bye all!"

Emma claims, "You can read most of the morally sound ones in the library."

Mika has transferred Anna. [OOC]

Eileen grins.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "The Order doesn't know what % of the population is mages. Also, that's % of active players as opposed to % of the IC population. Finally, being a mage, like any other crime, is a crime that is judged like murder - are you or aren't you isn't something they definitively have to know, it just needs to be proven to a judge (Inquisitor)"

Jahaezick claims, "I have a policy question that I've probably already asked, to direct to whomever controls the distribution of housing."

Kinaed claims, "As far as they need it to be."

Tuan has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Emma claims, "Inquisitor RP is so ridiculously fun. Just as an aside."

Takta says, "Generally they adhere to a pretty high standard of proof but the process is inherently subjective and biased."

Lily says, "Yeah, so there might be even more inactive mages. Oh dear, lol."

Emma says, "Closest thing to a detective."

Kinaed says, "In any case, we've hit the top of the hour. :) I think today's chat is about over! I hope to see everyone next week."

Takta nods at Emma.

Kato says, "So really it's 100% mages if they want."

Jahaezick says, "Being a Charali Grand Inquisitior with a damascus bardiche was ridiculously fun."

Akatar exclaims, "Woo!!!"

Eileen says, "Kinaed I will hever learn how to spell your name right."

Mika says to Jahaezick, "I think that's xinoe but you can request board it"

Emma shunnns.

Margaux claims, "Inquisitor RP is indeed a lot of fun, probably my favourite thing to play."

Kinaed grins at Eileen.

Otois states to Eileen, "It's kinky"

Eileen's lips turn upward.

Eileen flirts shamelessly.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, hang on to your hats, a re-trans is about to commence."

• Information