Log of OOC Meeting 8/16/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:12 pm

Kinaed states to Misune, "We love you, Misune, but I'll go with Otois because you usually do it."

Darley says, "I used to used pmood obsessively til I realized that it mood in autowarning referred to the room. xD"

Kinaed has awarded you 2 QPs: Scribe

(visnet) Player Jones: If I bury something, can I come back and dig it up later, or is it like junking the item?

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

(visnet) Staff Takta: I don't think you can bury items atm.

Wesley states, "Opinions of jack bauer from 24"

Galen claims, "Weekly reminder: I wanna automatically move toward things if I try to interact with them and I'm not close enough"

(visnet) Player Jones: Shame. Thanks!

Zaerieth agrees with /gal (OOC Emote)

Kinaed states, "To kick off staff updates, there is myself. I worked with staff last week to clear several changes from the change board to completed (a lot of help file documenting), discussed some coded, non-lethal punishment options to give to Reeves, etc, and worked more on the in-game ideas command. Next week, I intend to finish the in-game ideas command and review roles."

Darley pontificates, "Oh! Yeah I was wondering"

Kinaed pontificates, "That's all for me. Azarial, you're up!"

Kinaed asks of Darley, "Yes?"

Darley says, "Whoops, I didnt mean to interrupt. Accidentally pressed enter."

Azarial claims, "Bugs, bugs, a few new features, more old bugs."

Kinaed queries, "It's fine - I should have asked if anyone had any questions. Was there anything you wanted to know more about, Darley?"

say If you are taking question, does that mean like coded lashings for example?

Otois queries, "If you are taking question, does that mean like coded lashings for example?"
(This is an OOC room. Nothing counts for rpxp here.)

Kinaed nods at Otois.

cheer
Unrecognized command. Perhaps you meant the following:
carry

Darley queries, "Well, it was an addition to what Galen said. I was wondering why can we not approach objects?"

Kinaed questions to Azarial, "You're working primarily on Eavesdropping and Track, right?"

Galen trails off, "You can approach objects, I thought..."

Kinaed says to Darley, "You can approach objects *headscratch*"

Takta states, "Move for objects, approach for people/mobs. Move <obj> works identically, it's just threaded."

Galen drops a poseable wood doll of a Knight, bearing sword and shield.

Vistarch says to Darley, "'move <object>' should allow you to approach an object fine."

Azarial states, "Amoung others"

Galen takes a step to the south.

Galen takes a step to the south.

Galen starts to move towards the north.

Darley says, "Ohhhh okay."

Galen gets a poseable wood doll of a Knight, bearing sword and shield.

Galen exclaims, "Ta-da!"

Kinaed states, "Galen wants that to happen automatically when you attempt to give another player an item, for example. We've said we'd talk about it as staff, but got cut off last week. I have a lot of time today, though, so intend to dedicate a good portion to TI."

Azarial eats a kitchen knife.

Kinaed claims to Takta, "Okay, you're up :)"

Takta says, "I wrestled with computer problems this week, but they are now fully solved with the installation of a new hard drive. Still, I only had time to 1) help run last Sunday's event and 2) test, helpfile, and generally process about 40 of Azarial's bug notes. I also did a lot of player assistance. Very little happened re: the Skyway this week, but I'll try to make descing a focus of the next week's effort."

Darley states, "Ahhh hahaha cool. :D"

Takta states, "I also will provide a bit of an update from Xinoe, since people are interested in papercraft! To make the skill more useful, it will be expanding into a sort of general Arts and Crafts skill - encompassing other forms of artisanry that aren't necessarily covered by existing skills, like sculpture and painting, for example. She's still working out details but encourages interested people to provide her with recipe suggestions in Personal board notes. "

Takta declares, "That's it for me!"

Galen declaims, "Oooh, nice!"

Kinaed says to Vistarch, "I think that means you're up. :)"

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair is very interested to hear about this.. "Afterall papercraft is like the only crafting skill I use consistently."

Azarial states, "And the only on left to convert, as i recall."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Galen says, "Papercraft is invaluable if you need boxes because otherwise boxes are freakin' expensive instead of, like, basically free."

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair nods to Azarial "Hence why I brought it up last week."

Azarial says, "So we should be done with crafting for the most part once temi adn xinoe finish up."

Roderick states, "Won't be basically free after a papercraft change, Galen. Ahem."

Vistarch claims, "I've been dealing mostly with requests as the come up as well as trying to power though changes and test bugs, though I've not gotten though -quite- as much as Takta has."

Azarial says, ".....or at least this iteration anyways."

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed nods at Vistarch.

Kinaed states, "Takta's a bit of a machine."

'with a broken hard drive ;P

Otois states, "With a broken hard drive ;P"

Takta says, "Takta has many years of testing experience to make it easier. ;)"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Vistarch says, "Some of these combat bugs have been interesting, others literally gamebreaking."

A pale, obsidian-haired woman of slight build installs a new cyborg heart for Takta.

Vashrond is idle.

Kinaed questions, "Okay, anything else to add, Vistarch?"

Vistarch says, "Nothing more from me."

Zaerieth says, "Painting.. hmmmmm"

Mika stumbles drunkenly out of the bushes, wearing a bear suit. [OOC]

Mika waves.

Kinaed trails off, "Sorry, getting a bit distracted..."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, next.. Player Heartbeat. How's RP been this week, folks?"

Galen exclaims, "Good! Big things in the works for lil' Galen - his birthday party's the day after tomorrow, then he's a full grown adult!"

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair chuckles "It has been interesting to say the least." goes back to stirring the proverbial pot

Zaerieth says, "Things have slowed down.. I would say zaeri's trend is losing steem, but then..""

'Finally moving forward with some of rp here, and learned what to do with a lot of xp in account - start a combat character and it will go away :P

Otois finishes abruptly, "Finally moving forward with some of rp here, and learned what to do with a lot of xp in account - start a combat character and it will go away :P"

Kinaed says, "I just want to let everyone know - nobles are still open if a player is interested in playing a noble. We haven't gotten... well, many apps at all."

Kinaed grins.

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Takta claims, "Little Knight event after this, as a reminder for Knightly folks. :)"

Mika states, "You can play haizea's dad if you have something you want to take out on her based on your rp experiences"

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair shrugs "After samantha I don't think I could handle another noble."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

say Would love to help out but can't commit to anything lengthy tonight

Otois claims, "Would love to help out but can't commit to anything lengthy tonight"

Darley says, "A bit sad at the lack of kids around"

Kinaed asks, "Can I ask - is there anything going on that is shitting people, and they want staff to do something about it? Code, game structure, anything?"

Galen declaims, "I'm sorry, I got older!"

Roderick ponders.

Takta says, "I love that Australianism, 'shitting people'. *grin*"

Darley claims, "Hahaha time goes on and on. kid play li"

Kinaed claims to Roderick, "We can't force people to make kid chars - and TI only allows age 13 and over IC for RP purposes."

say One thing with trainers maybe, let us use practice weapons with them for trainig seesion, maybe artifically boost their damange to even it out?

Otois questions, "One thing with trainers maybe, let us use practice weapons with them for trainig seesion, maybe artifically boost their damange to even it out?"

Roderick says, "Something needs to be done for the Order. Incentive-wise or otherwise."

Kinaed grins at Takta.

Roderick claims, "I've noticed a general lack of Orderites/presence."

Kinaed claims to Takta, "Australian sure is a colourful language."

Takta says to Otois, "It's kind of a code restriction, they can't really have safe damage."

Darley states, "Hahaha time goes on and on. kids games wpuld work wonderfully with contest"

Galen trails off, "Ahh, yeah - the Order has been pretty absent lately..."

nod Takta
Otois nods at Takta.

say Well, that too, tried to follow pvent with order and meh

Otois says, "Well, that too, tried to follow pvent with order and meh"

Perpetua claims, "From my perspective, the experience has been pretty good! It can be a bit confusing at times, but I think that can be said by any newcomer to any game? I'm really pleased with the freeform style of the RP. It's not something I'm accustomed to."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, their GL is away on a seminar."

Kinaed nods at Perpetua.

Takta declaims, "Best thing for the ORder - people trying it out!"

Roderick says, "He's been away for quite a while now, seminar or no."

Kinaed says to Perpetua, "I'm very glad to hear you're having fun."

Takta states, "We do have a lot of incentives out there for Orderites - you get a weekly QP for being active, extra RP gain, etc, and it's a very fun area of the theme to try."

Kinaed says to Roderick, "If you mean Kave, I think the 1st GL has dropped him as GL for inactivity."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

say are there some openings for orderites?

Otois queries, "Are there some openings for orderites?"

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure how much more incentive we can offer."

Takta claims, "But staff can only do so much - we need you guys to give it a shot."

Vashrond is no longer idle.
Vashrond has returned from AFK.

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Darley claims, "I agree with perpetua. This game is absolutely absolutely lovely. ^-^"

Kinaed states to Otois, "I think there are some on the Announce Board."

Misune says, "There is an opening for a priest"

Roderick wonders, "Who is the 1st GL? All I know of is Kave and Zae. Or is Zae considered the 1st?"

say Then I will probably apply next week, never played orderite so may be fun
Kinaed states to Roderick, "Zaerieth."

Otois claims, "Then I will probably apply next week, never played orderite so may be fun"

Margaux states to Roderick, "Zae is the first."

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz gfg

Takta states, "Priests are open for application right now and I imagine Zaerieth would open Inquisitors again on request."

Zaerieth claims, "As far as me, I'm around, but weekends, and week nights are my best. I need more order and I am working on replacing arch"

Galen trails off, "I'm really happy that the new people are having fun! It'd be great to know any hangups that are tripping the new people up..."

Kinaed claims to Roderick, "Type 'guildleaders' - it's always available to PCs."

Takta states, "Archbishop pops up before GI though GI is 1st."

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz pauses "Ignore that...last thing I didn't realize I did..."

guildleaders
GUILD GUILDLEADER RANK APPROVAL
Thieves *Covert* Tenebrae (GL) Approved
Court Margaux le Rousselle High Steward (GL) Approved
Court Tomas ab Jinosa Regent (GL) Approved
Order Kave ab Caern Archbishop of Lithmore Disliked
Order Zaerieth ab Silvercla Grand Inquisitor (GL) Approved
Knights Zumini de Moradar Earl Marshall (GL) Neutral
Merchants Emma ab Courtland Grand Magnate (GL) Approved
Troubadour Addienna op Bearsmit Poet Laudate (GL) Approved
Reeves Rimilde von Rievirkri Justiciar (GL) Approved
Physicians Shasa le Dumitru Epion (GL) Approved
Physicians Shaylei le Orban Prime Medicus (GL) Approved

* Please mail Tenebrae to contact the Brotherhood (Thieves).

Takta claims, "Alphabetical order trumps rank order, I think."

Takta states, "Which is a bit of a bug."

Roderick says, "Huh, that makes a lot of sense."

Roderick questions, "Is the Cardinal an NPC now or are the position gone altogether?"

Roderick claims, "*is the"

Misune says, "Npc"

Galen says, "Cardinal's an NPC now."

Roderick says, "Makes sense. Sort of like the Council."

Perpetua claims, "/galen Skills. That's really the only thing that's *really* giving me shit."

Takta states, "There was a feeling that it, like Monarch, was maybe too much of a role for a PC."

Perpetua says, "Oh, and apparently using commands >_>"

Galen claims, "Skills are a bit convoluted! I tripped around them when I was new too."

Takta claims, "So keeping those two NPC and letting their subordinates be PCs allowed for a better sense of consistency at the high ranks."

Kinaed comforts a lithesome woman with long, dark brown hair.

Roderick says, "Well, didn't help that Cardinals seemed to drop like flies"

Takta nods at Roderick.

Margaux claims, "Cardinal was a less interesting role than GI too, IME."

Kinaed claims, "We do have a pretty steep learning curve, Perpetua. I'm sorry about that, but please know you're not the first and our sympathies are with you."

Takta muses, "Can I ask if people think there is anything specific that would induce them to play an Orderite?"

Takta queries, "Like, are there perceived barriers there?"

Misune trails off, "Every member of the order seems to drop like flies... Zaerieth's the longest GI we've had in awhile"

Mika claims to Perpetua, "I haven't been able to be around very much but im open to tells if you need to figure out how stuff works at length =]"

Mika has returned from AFK.

Galen says, "What's keeping me from playing an Orderite is that I don't want to participate in PK if I can help it."

Mika trails off, "And im not afk ..."

Zumini states, "More time off... I got burnt out."

Roderick says, "Tbh, I don't really know. I've always considered one but my experience has been that I'm too wrapped up in my other characters to play an Orderite."

Misune trails off, "Couldplay a priest galen... they don't typically pk"

Perpetua states, "Oh, it's nothing to apologize for! As I'd mentioned to Takta, I'm an indecisive person by nature, so that is in large part why I'm struggling so much. I'm not sure what is useful/practical."

Kinaed says, "I don't agree with that. Orderites live forever. It's rare they die. I had an Order GL that lasted for two years, and I used to purposefully taunt people to see if they'd kill me for it."

Galen says, "That's true - but also I'm too wrapped up in my main character right now. Even my alt has been a little neglected."

say so why don't they last?

Otois muses, "So why don't they last?"

Mika claims, "I'd like to see more priests around. i have a hillman who needs to be dunked in a river."

Kinaed says to Perpetua, "I'd just go play, figure out what i want through there, then go back to chargen (you have 50 RP hours to do so)"

Margaux claims, "I've played about 5 Orderites and only 1 was murdered."

Takta says, "I think it's more burnout than PK that loses us orderites."

Darley states, "I would love to build a character for the orderite"

Margaux says, "Sorry 2."

Takta states, "With exceptions."

Kinaed states, "Then you can fix up whatever you wanted to."

Misune states, "Kinaed... I have to strongly disagree with that. Order GLs circulate like crazy. This year alone we've had what, 4 different gIs and I'm fairly certain far more cardinals"

Misune claims, "It may not be that they die, but they just up and dissapear"

Takta states, "Priest RP can be extraordinarily rewarding, especially for those who enjoy counseling/helping others."

Kinaed claims, "That's a general GL problem, Misune, not an Order specific one."

Azarial says, "Disappearing isn;t a pk, which i believe was her point"

Mika declares, "You get to hear people confess !"

Roderick says, "I think part of playing an Orderite is a general lack of understanding of Davism and player inability to play the religious side of things. Religion is hard, especially if it isn't your religion so to speak."

Perpetua claims, "Yeah, that's what I've done (returned to chargen)! I'm hoping to sort it."

Takta states, "Inquisitorial RP is harder but also fascinating - the closest you'll come to playing a detective."

Vashrond claims, "I'm actually wondering if there is such a thing as a Troubadour GL."

Galen claims, "You get to hear all the juicy gossip! And then not tell anyone because you're sworn to confidentiality."

Roderick states, "Lol Vashrond"

Takta queries to Roderick, "Helpfiles and the Erra not enough?"

say I remember playing against one inquisitor back on my mage, confession was funny as hell :D

Otois says, "I remember playing against one inquisitor back on my mage, confession was funny as hell :D"

Kinaed says, "Yes, the Troub GL (Curos) was burned at the stake the other day."

Darley questions, "GL?"

Takta claims, "GL = guildleader."

Azarial says to Galen, "Which can be broken; the ic consequences would be great rp"

Darley says, "Vashyyyy"

Kinaed claims, "Guild leader - the head of a given player organisation."

Vashrond muses, "What? Seriously? I missed that?"

Darley questions, "Isnt that Addienna now?"

Kinaed nods at Vashrond.

Roderick claims, "Beginning to think the Troubs are a Manus in disguise."

Kinaed nods at Darley.

Mika pontificates to Vashrond, "There will be plenty more burnings in the future!"

Takta claims to Roderick, "Every guild has had its streak of infamy."

Takta grins.

Roderick states, "I'm not sure Takta. I found the Erra Pater rather good. Same for Helpfiles."

say Merchants included!

Kinaed states, "We bumped her up, but I'm not sure what/when she'll start tipping her hand as GL."

Otois pontificates, "Merchants included!"

Takta says, "Well, if anyone ever wants to play a priest/Iquisitor but feels unsure about the religion, feel free to contact me."

Roderick claims, "Maybe might help a little for some guides to be made on Orderite practices. Maybe prayers and rituals involved."

Roderick claims, "If there isn't already."

Galen trails off, "I think part of it might be just that religious conservatism is kind of unappealing to the demographic that plays MUD games..."

Kinaed claims, "I think there's plenty for a person to know. We have an excellent erra pater and plenty of religious help files."

Takta states, "There are in fact no guides on Orderite practices, which might help a lot."

Margaux states, "Addi mentioned she'd be hard to get ahold of until Tuesday due to some rl things."

INFO: Eileen Mcfae has just created!

Takta nods at Galen.

Kinaed claims, "I think religion and religious types just aren't very interesting to the modern player."

Takta says to Galen, "I believe that often lies at the heart of it."

(visnet) Staff Takta: Welcome to TI, Eileen! Let us know if you have any questions by typing visnet and then your message. :)

(visnet) Staff Kinaed: Welcome to TI, Eileen!

Misune wonders, "Completely off topic, but was there a reason we changed the format/design of the TI forumns?"

Azarial states, "I updated the forum, and the style hsa not been updated."

Takta queries, "As a staunch atheist myself, though, I find religious RP a fascinating way to explore a different mindset and lived experience - hell, what else is RP for?"

Perpetua claims, "To kinaed I think what I'm most uncertain of is which skills I will actually use IG, and which will be "wasted" XP. And as an aside, I think playing a fervently religious character has its merits."

Takta grins.

(visnet) Player Eileen: Thanks.

Kinaed says, "Had to upgrade them to keep them current, which is a fundamental requirement for keeping them hardened against intrusion."

Darley says, "I think restoring the piety system would make the order more alive again"

agree Takta
Otois nods in agreement with Takta.

A lithesome woman with long, dark brown hair still suffers from an inability to use the parser, apparently.

Roderick muses, "What was the Piety system?"

Takta states, "Piet ynever worked great, sadly."

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair nods to Azarial "Love the change, hence why I asked, being able to follow a topic without having to post in it is nice."

Azarial says to Perpetua, "Until you lose the cyan status, the xp in skills is not lost"

say That is the point, i am anti-clerical IRL, very much in open war with them back home, and the idea of RPing it sounds like a great challenge

Otois says, "That is the point, i am anti-clerical IRL, very much in open war with them back home, and the idea of RPing it sounds like a great challenge"

Kinaed says to Perpetua, "I don't think any skill is really a waste. And if it is, you can re-enter chargen to drop it for a decent period."

Takta claims, "You used the pray command to rank up in Piety, which was meant to be a record of how devout your PC was - but you could just pray without having any meaningful religious RP."

Azarial says, "Also had to change the recent post widget on the forum to an rss feed."

Takta states, "It wasn't tied to anything 'real', just using a command."

Kinaed says, "The most common skills people just ensure they take are ride, papercraft, and languages (according to what people have said on the forums), but I've had chars with none of those."

Galen pontificates, "I've played out confession before! I'm the most pious"

Roderick questions, "How about a stipulation of cnotes when you pray or including a pose into the pray command?"

Takta says, "It once had a role in making people more resistant to magery, which meant everybody prayed a lot to get high piety regardless of RP. *grin*"

Kinaed questions, "It's rare that you'll walk into game and feel hampered by not having a skill, I think?"

Darley muses, "What if there is a code system which sould be designed like pmote and dance?"

Misune wonders to Kinaed, "You have had a character without any language skill?"

Takta claims, "But ultimately coded piety just didn't add anything."

Galen claims, "Yeah, like 98% of the game is 'emote'"

say i remember that even mages could reach hig piety

Otois states, "I remember that even mages could reach hig piety"

Takta nods at Otois.

Darley claims, "Like piemote. xDD"

Roderick states, "A Mage can easily be a devote Davite."

say Yea, but I doubt that he would get the anit-magical shield

Otois claims, "Yea, but I doubt that he would get the anit-magical shield"

Perpetua claims, "I feel as though I'm explaining myself poorly, and I apologize. I just meant to say that I'm still unsure if I would get use out of say, "Sneak" or "Consider", rather than slotting that XP to something like "Jeweling". I don't think I've seen any skills in use up to this point, IG."

Roderick claims, "Does well for the troubled Mage thinking their a monster and should be burning but too afraid to go to the stake."

Roderick states, "*they're"

Mika claims to Perpetua, "Oh yeah i had that trouble on my first character"

Takta wonders, "Ultimately, though, the question is - what benefit does coded piety have other than focusing religious RP on commands instead of really living the faith?"

say None

Otois says, "None"

Roderick claims, "Takta has a very good point."

say i don't think anyone mentioned that they want it back?

Otois questions, "I don't think anyone mentioned that they want it back?"

Darley says, "Hm"

Takta says to Otois, "That's actually how the discussion got started."

Takta grins.

Roderick claims, "Man, there's one thing that can be said though"

emote scratches his head an shrugs "It started with absentee order, then i got lost"

Otois scratches his head an shrugs "It started with absentee order, then i got lost"

Galen questions, "Maybe something to think about down the line - maybe Orderite characters like priests and stuff can vouch for people's piety? Perhaps it can affect a character's reputation?"

Roderick states, "I don't think anyone realizes just how huge of an XP generator playing an Orderite regularly can be."

Darley claims, "I was querying if whether it would actually make the Order more appealing in a necessary manner."

Takta claims, "We may one day put in a reputation/prestige/etc system, and if we do I expect faith would have its role in that."

Roderick says, "That would be pretty neat Takta. Especially if it replaced IP."

Galen declares, "It'd be a neat way to have characters seek confession with PC orderites more!"

Takta states, "There have been staff discussions about it before, it's just something so huge and difficult to envision that no spec exists yet."

Kinaed claims, "Honestly, I'd rather not attract people to make and play priests for the wrong reasons. Then you get people doing dumb things, like letting mages go."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Galen did something so bad that he had to fast for a day. Something SINFUL

Zaerieth questions, "I'm willin if someone wants to go order, to help them out as best as posible.. question, can I ajust sponser, to zero, or is that a coded thing?"

Takta claims, "To echo what Roderick said, though: if you play a priest, people will be knocking down doors to RP with you. Biiig backlog of confessions, marriages, etc."

Kinaed says to Zaerieth, "It's a coded thing, but I think you can sponsor yourself using IP if you want."

Takta claims, "You'll likely rarely to never want for RP. ;)"

Roderick claims, "A priest who can survive through posting the Banns too."

Mika claims, "And savage dunking"

Azarial claims, "The order currently only needs one sponsor"

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair aims to have the first daravi priest...

Darley trails off, "Umm..."

Zaerieth states, "Was asking cause I've got people, but zaeri shouldn't sponsor"

Darley says, "Whoops sorry. drat this phone"

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth.

Margaux has gone AFK.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, I think that's player heartbeats - thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'll have a look at the topics raised later."

Zaerieth states, "Trying to go ok.. start this guy as an acolyte.. but"

Zaerieth nods.

Kinaed claims, "So that leads us into Player Topics. I had a tell asking me to raise that, as a cyan player, someone has felt that they've been getting the brush off a bit from other players, and wanted us to remind people that it's hard to set up a new character, so please, please make an effort to RP with cyan players until they can get into a social circle to support their RP."

Mika declaims, "You can repay them for that sweet sweet rpxp bonus !"

Zaerieth has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Takta starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Galen pontificates, "Oh, no!!"

Kinaed wonders to Mika, "Hello there. I didn't see you pop in. Did you want to give us an update?"

Takta finishes her note.

Mika says to Kinaed, "More of the same, filling requests and helping people out. i feel like i did something else but can't remember what it is so it probably wasn't very impressive."

Perpetua muses, "Is it natural, though, to anticipate at least some aloofness based on character's rank/social class?"

A child-like, green-eyed, pale-skinned blonde nods, "Oh yes. It's been rather hard. I understand though.. its quite... tiring? To keep explaining things? But honestly... I think a lot of people were really helpful!" She grins at Galen.

Kinaed nods at Perpetua.

Takta trails off, "Some aloofness may happen, but one interesting note re: social class..."

Takta states, "Higher classes have an obligation, especially nobles, to look after the common folk."

Kinaed states to Perpetua, "But aloofness can be a mood or personality of a player, rather than lack of RP. One is IC aloofness, one is OOC aloofness."

emote loves his noble interactions

Otois loves his noble interactions

Galen states, "I haven't been able to do as much as I'd like regarding helping new players, but hopefully that'll change soon."

Takta states, "Being of a high rank comes with privilege but also duty."

Kinaed states, "It's literally part of the religious commandments that those of higher social rank exist to care for those of the lower."

Kinaed claims, "Help Declarations"

Takta claims, "And on the point of IC vs OOC aloofness - you can, for example, make something happen to force your PC to interact. Trip over something and fall into a noble, for example. *grin*"

say Or wear silk cloak

Otois states, "Or wear silk cloak"

(visnet) Player Jones: How do I turn off a cooking fire?

(visnet) Staff Takta: Uhhh. Does snuff work?

(visnet) Player Jones: It does not

Kinaed says, "You can also just acknowledge people in emotes, even if your character doesn't talk to them to appear OOCly friend, even if ICly you're not engaging with them directly."

Vistarch claims to Otois, "That'd only work for a freeman."

Roderick claims, "Please... please fall into a noble and see what happens."

Galen says, "I remember a notable experience - I met a character, one time, who was brooding in a corner... but they had their pet fox jumping around and yipping at people."

(visnet) Staff Takta: I think you don't, then, it just burns out eventually.

Roderick says, "Stain their cloak maybe."

Perpetua states, "I rather enjoy the range of personalities I've encountered so far? I'm not one to default to a shiny and happy character -- so when my own character is socially snubbed, it comes off as more of a challange to be overcome, rather than like.. a personal OOC slight."

(visnet) Player Jones: Are you sure? What about ovens?

Kinaed nods at Perpetua.

Mika states to Perpetua, "Thats good =] thats the goal"

(visnet) Staff Takta: Ovens, I think, can be snuffed.

Darley says, "I must say though that people ICly have been so friendly that I was blown by the lack of... racism I expected. "

(visnet) Player Jones: Oh, okay

Galen declares, "I'm sorry!"

Kinaed states, "The person who raised it may or may not be as resilient as yourself, Perpetua. I'm not sure what the circumstances are, I just raised the issue at request."

Azarial says, "That has been a prominent and persistant problem."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

say we need more assholes

Otois states, "We need more assholes"

Roderick states, "Yeah. People seem to be rather bad about playing off the racial parts. It comes with being modern players with modern beliefs."

Galen states, "I don't know about everyone else but friendliness is, like, my thing"

Takta states, "Most people aren't comfortable being racist in RP."

Darley says, "Agreed"

Roderick asks, "Hey Galen. How's that apron treatin ya?"

Kinaed says, "Some characers are racist, etc, but it's rarer. We do have a player app in the wings that said their char is xenophobic, so maybe that will help/play out well."

Galen states, "I will never stop wearing |apron."

Galen claims, "Uh."

Takta claims, "You can play that the NPC world out there is more racist than the PCs."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair rofls.

Darley claims, "Lol"

"That is, apron," Galen corrects. [Galen]

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta states, "And that society is generally less accepting. We have some limits - for example Charali and Hill will never be GLs or gentry."

Kinaed claims, "It's fine to use vnpcs, etc, to express the prevailing IC opinions."

Mika states, "I've found i have to grab the vnpc population to have much racism happen to almaz"

Vashrond is idle.

Takta says to Darley, "Your PC also may not be recognized as Charali given the description and clothing."

Perpetua says, "I didn't mean to come across as some kind of way, I apologize. The environment is just kind of refreshing."

Mika says, "But im ok with people not rping stuff that would bum them out irl"

Vashrond is no longer idle.
Vashrond has returned from AFK.

Takta says to Perpetua, "Nothing to apologize for. :)"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Vashrond claims, "It should technically be the lithmorran population being the racist ones...culturally speaking."

Takta claims, "Well, every duchy is racist."

Mika nods at Vashrond.

Roderick states, "Not a ton of Lithmorrans around playing higher than Freemen though, far as I've seen."

Vashrond claims, "Although the charali have plenty of purpose for it too."

Roderick says, "I could be wrong though"

Takta claims, "Vavardi, Tubori, Vandagan, and Farin players also discriminate against Hill and Charali."

Takta claims, "Vavardi ESPECIALLY hate Charali."

Takta states, "*characters not players, we are not Tubori IRL"

Perpetua queries, "Is classism less commonplace than racism, then?"

Takta says, "Classism is also very important and ubiquitous in theme."

Kinaed states, "I think classism is about the same. Some play it well, some don't play it at all."

Darley trails off, "Ahh yes. Sorry I'm not exactly a realistic Charali, hehe. Made up background on the fly... so... heh"

Margaux has returned from AFK.

Takta states, "Your average person would see class as important, defining, worthy of respect, and nigh immutable."

Roderick claims, "So there's one thing I'd like to raise regarding classism."

Kinaed asks of Roderick, "What's that?"

Takta states to Darley, "It's no prob! Just saying that you may get less racism if people don't peg your race correctly."

Perpetua exclaims, "Gotcha!"

Roderick says, "More general... punishments.. other than lashings. I'm not sure if that's something that needs to be handled entirely IC for it but"

Takta grins at Roderick.

Takta trails off, "WELL ACTUALLY..."

Mika finishes abruptly, "You can also rp racism in the opposite direction - ie a vandagan who just thinks vandagan people are naturally more clever and better"

Roderick claims, "There's a ton of rumors and stuff focused around Gentry that aren't acting their class"

Kinaed nods at Roderick.

Roderick states, "And no tangible punishment for that other than a lashing"

Galen asks, "I think there was mention of more punishments being implemented?"

Misune states, "Non-lethal ones for mages"

Kinaed says, "The staff received a request to consider dropping someone's social class, but we don't have a framework in place for that, so said "Not at this time" - but that very thing is what got us to discussing codewise what non-lethal punishments should be available."

Misune says, "I mean reeves"

Takta says, "Oh, one tip for those who want to RP more thematic racism but hate being racist RP:"

help racism
No help on that word. Request logged to staff for possible addition.

Takta says, "There's always 'benevolent racism'. I.e., Charali and Hill can be fine people but their culture is inferior, they just need a good re-eduction, to be saved from their own barbarism."

Mika nods at Takta.

say Maybe a help racism should take place, explaining in brief who hates who and why?

Kinaed muses, "I think my list of punishments has disappeared off the staff board?"

Otois muses, "Maybe a help racism should take place, explaining in brief who hates who and why?"

Darley says, "Need more cruel people and cruelty considering the medieval imea and class structure."

Takta says, "This is kindler and gentler to play, but still realistic."

Mika says to Kinaed, "133"

Roderick claims, "Treated a Charali like a well meaning child the other day on an alt."

Roderick claims, "If that counts."

Takta says to Darley, "The problem is that many people feel that same way, but do not want to be cruel themselves."

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair shudders at the ability to drop someone's rank "All that wasted xp, with no way to ever get it back."

Takta states, "And cruel PCs can face pushback from people who embrace more modern ideology."

say Because it takes quite a lot of reading to catch up on all the racial nooks and crannies

Otois states, "Because it takes quite a lot of reading to catch up on all the racial nooks and crannies"

Takta claims to Otois, "I like 'help racism' as an idea."

Margaux states, "Cruel pcs face terrible backlash."

Takta nods at Margaux.

Mika nods at Margaux.

Vistarch states, "The rumors after a public lashing really speak for that."

Azarial claims, "Which is an ic/ooc crossiver, really"

Margaux states, "It is a major problem, imo, when it is so core to theme."

Takta says, "The only way for us to get more racism in theme is for everyone to commit to playing racists and to backing thematic actions that modern-day viewpoints would consider cruel."

Galen claims, "I've been of the mind that PCs willing to be agitators should have some sort of advantage or incentive to offset the pushback."

Roderick says, "I don't think people realize just how common cruelty is with the type of era this game is focused on."

Roderick says, "What we think is cruel today was very commonplace then and not considered it."

Mika states to Galen, "You get lots of qp if someone recommends you / you recommend yourself about your agitating"

Darley claims, "Terrible backlash ICly or OOCly? o.o"

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Okay, we have the following semi-discussed poetential punishments:

stretching - put the char on the rack, stretch them and reduce curr/max str by 20.
stocks - set up no-take special restraint objs, keyed to ahalin key
nailing - reduce current and max cha by 10 pts, place tattoo of missing ear on victim
branding - reduce current and max cha by 20 pts, place tattoo obj on victim with POLCA
amputation - remove the wear slot, reduce max capacity, cap combat skills effectiveness at 36
tongue cut - every s = f, v = w, l = w, regardless of language.
exile - Court GL command, IP spend and go into POLCA to write up the IC Event and exit left the victim (if in jail)
shame masks - a big ugly head cage mask"

Takta nods at Roderick.

Margaux states to Darley, "Both."

Kinaed claims, "They're not decided or resolved though."

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair chuckles to Mika "Big keyword there... If."

Mika grins at Misune.

Wesley claims, "Oof"

Mika trails off, "YEAH... YEAH, IF...."

Roderick claims, "Oh wow, those are awful"

Takta claims, "The list Kinaed has there will hopefully let us make punishments feel more common and real."

say I love it!

Otois exclaims, "I love it!"

Kinaed claims, "Well, they are punishments people ought to be afraid of that give people a reason to stop getting arrested and redoing the same stuff over."

Vashrond muses, "And flogging, a temporary penalty?"

Mika states, "You can now lose your tongue privileges if you use it to insult a noble"

Roderick claims, "Wouldn't mind seeing folks in the stocks."

Kinaed nods at Vashrond.

Roderick states, "With tomatos thrown at them"

Takta states, "When wounds are redone, wounds will be their own temporary penalty."

Azarial states, "You can flog with inflict"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta states, "They'll actually last for a while with meaningful impact."

Margaux asks, "Is there a coded excommuincation atm?"

Azarial claims, "I have a spec."

Takta states, "There is an excommunication spec."

Margaux nods.

Kinaed states, "No, but there is a spec for it on the boards."

Kinaed says, "And it's pretty nasty."

Roderick questions, "Those punishments will require extensive CNotes on the whys, etc, yes?"

say My only worry is that those punishments may deter evildoers even more, but I hope that won't happen

Otois claims, "My only worry is that those punishments may deter evildoers even more, but I hope that won't happen"

Takta claims, "All arrests require cnotes at the moment, so that shouldn't change."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair considers "And what type of crimes would be worthy of some of these? I can't imagine common crimes like slander would be worthy of those, minus the tongue one."

Wesley says, "Well if you ever did get punished with any of those it'd essentially ruin every aspect of your character except the RP"

Wesley says, "But i imagine most people who go against the grain expect it anyhow"

Takta states, "The specific details of the punishments aren't set in stone yet."

Takta says, "We want them to be serious and real but not crippling."

Perpetua begins to count their money.

Misune trails off, "20 off of a stat is rather crippling... if say your stat is only at 60 or 50"

Wesley says, "Yeah, dropping any stat by 20 is pretty crippling"

A child-like, green-eyed, pale-skinned blonde rolls her eyes, "Its medieval, get withthe times!" Wink.

Galen declares, "20 is a bit much!"

say i say let stuff iron it first and then lets ponder numbers ;)

Otois states, "I say let stuff iron it first and then lets ponder numbers ;)"

Galen finishes abruptly, "But I imagine these will be tightly regulated - especially since nobles are already application characters"

say eh, staff

Otois claims, "Eh, staff"

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz nods, "I have some thoughts on the punishment thing, I'd like to share but need to type up better, who should I send to?"

Kinaed nods at Otois.

Azarial claims, "15 has been used elsewhere as a stat detriment"

Mika says to Rimilde, "You can request or personal board to staff"

Takta says, "We'll definitely be thinking about this in careful detail before it's implemented."

Roderick says, "Well, one thing to remember for the evildoers side."

Kinaed claims to Rimilde, "Mail it to me."

Roderick states, "If you're a Mage, there -are- ways to heal that stuff."

Wesley states, "It'd be nice to also have more thematic punishment as well"

Kinaed claims to Rimilde, "You can use the mail command, or email me at Kinaed.ti@gmail.com"

Wesley claims, "Like brands don't get used very often"

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz nods to Kinaed "Thanks!"

Takta says, "Brands require VERY serious wrongdoing."

Mika nods at Wesley.

Takta states, "Hence why they aren't used often."

Wesley states, "And i think it's a good way of blatantly showing people who screws up"

Wesley says, "Lashes dont really leave that effect"

Takta says, "So that -20 is a big deal but you have to do a lot to earn it."

Azarial states, "The new wounds should make lashing more effective"

say when is that due az?

Otois queries, "When is that due az?"

Misune says, "Or just have a very corrupt person handling the punishment"

Azarial states, "When I get the rest of the table."

Takta states, "We could make lashing leave scars permanently too - that could be up for debate."

smile Azarial
Otois smiles at Azarial.

Takta states to Azarial, "Just waiting on approval for the spec."

Takta grins.

Kinaed questions to Takta, "I thought I approved it already? What changed since hte last time?"

Roderick says, "Eh. Lashing scars can be hidden."

Misune trails off, "Scars would make sense... heck I've made tattoo items into scars after some serious combat"

Roderick says, "That shouldn't hurt your cha, etc."

Takta says to Kinaed, "The messaging components."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Takta claims to Roderick, "Right, but I mean, tattoo-level scars."

Takta claims, "Not a cha penalty just noremove scar 'eq'."

Roderick states, "Oooh"

Roderick claims, "I like that a lot"

Takta says to Kinaed, "And the 'status' command."

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair is tempted to rip off his shirt and reveal his 'scars'

Darley says, "Oh dear. MUDing is really cruel on a phone. Sorry I couldn't contribute much. Also, the hundred islands and the beach and the sun are calling me."

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair stares at a child-like, green-eyed, pale-skinned blonde with envy

Kinaed claims to Darley, "Have fun :)"

Kinaed queries, "That being said, we're over the top of the hour. Did anyone want to raise or discuss any topics that we failed to get to today, or are we okay to wrap up?"

Wesley says, "What's up with those jack bauer from 24 opinions"

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz nods, "I have a couple things, but will bring forward to next week."

Darley claims, "<3 Bye and thanks for having such a wonderful game. Truly wonderful ^_^"

Galen exclaims, "I'd just like to reiterate that I think better orientation for new players should be a priority!"

Mika waves.

Margaux begins to descend.

Margaux waves.

Margaux leaves down.

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kinaed states to Rimilde, "Sorry we didn't get to them this week."

Roderick trails off, "I wanna be able to get a captain hook hand if I get amputated...."

Misune trails off, "One thing... We are number 10 on... the Mudconnector"

Roderick states, "Or an Aois peg leg"

Roderick says, "*Aios"

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair corrects, 11, just checked

Kinaed declaims, "Oh yes, please vote to help us attract new players! It's been very nice recently to see the pbase increasing in size. You can also set up autovote to get reminders!"

Takta says, "(we love all you new people <#)"

Galen declaims, "I always vote before logging in!"

Takta claims, "Ahem. <3"

Kinaed claims, "It'd be great if anyone would be interested in reviewing TI this month. Please let me know if you do, we award QP for that, good or bad."

say they also love the old people too i bet :P

Otois says, "They also love the old people too i bet :P"

Perpetua says, "You can thank Meldore's player. We staffed together on another game, and he was raving about TI."

Kinaed claims to Perpetua, "I'm deeply honored that he's thinks so positively of us."

Takta declares to Perpetua, "Use refer Meldore to make sure he gets credit! :D"

Galen pontificates, "Aaa yay!"

Takta says, "He can get 10 QP for referring you."

Perpetua asks, "I think I did! Is there a way to check?"

Kinaed claims to Galen, "Thanks for voting."

Takta says, "Let me see."

Takta pontificates, "Yep, Perpetua, you set it!"

Kinaed says, "Okay, everyone... thank you for joining this week's OOC Chat. I look forward to catching up with you next week."

Kinaed claims to Otois, "Thank you for posting the log. :)"

Kinaed waves cheerfully.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

• Information