Log of OOC Meeting 8/9/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:06 pm

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Moxie says, "Starting scribe here, for future cut and paste"

Moxie finishes abruptly, "Yes, I'd like to add 'furniture - should it cost silver as well as XP to learn'"

Kinaed queries to Moxie, "Okay, added to the list. Anyone else?"

Galen states, "Weekly reminder: I'd like to automatically move toward things I want to interact with"

Emma says, "Two topics I'd love to be able to bring up for discussion: The blacklisting process for Merchant leaders, and the osay channel."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Kinaed says, "Got it."

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone else?"

Misune says, "I had a quick question for staff regarding crafting systems"

Kinaed says to Misune, "Gotcha."

Kinaed queries, "Anyone else?"

look
A Comfortable Room
[Perfect]
A plethora of gaily coloured silk pillows with fringes and tassels
completely conceal the floor. A large pillow in the corner stands out, a
brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless. Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination. Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees.

[ Exits: down ]
Shiloh is here. [App: 2]
Misune is here. [App: 2]
Margaux is here. [App: 4]
Feamanuslaewyn is here. [App: 2]
Roderick is here. [App: 3]
Moxie is here. [App: 3]
Estrilda is here. [App: 3]
Albrecht is here. [App: 3]
Emma is here. [App: 4]
Galen is here. [App: 4]
Edward is here. [App: 2]
Sikod is here. [App: 2]
He is indecent.
Blake is here. [App: 1]
Takta is here. [App: 5]
Kinaed is here. [App: 5]
Temi is here. [App: 5]
Azarial is here. [App: 5]
She has a yew and dragonbone composite longbow with a griffin leather grip drawn.

Kinaed states, "Okay, with no one jumping on that, but enough topics to take up time, I'll kick off."

Kinaed states, "I can't remember what the heck I did last week, my brain is non-functional due to lack fo sleep, but I am working on an ideas command to capture ideas and requests in-game instead of on the forums. And roles. Next week, I intend to have submitted one of those two for review."

Kinaed claims to Azarial, "That's me. You're up."

Azarial states, "Bugs and stuff. trying to work back towards eavesdropping to get that off my plate."

Kinaed states, "I think it's worth mentioning that remaining IP now give players silver based on their social class at the end of the week. Sneak and Hide have been altered and need testing, burying animal corpses can now happen on road sectors, and I think that's it."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up."

Temi says, "Working on magecrafting still - keeping good pace with a recipe a day. That leaves 19 recipes remaining, and Az has comleted all the code requests I made"

Azarial starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Temi claims, "And smelling salts are in game now, as an herbalism recipe."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "Nice work."

Galen pontificates, "Salt!!!"

Temi claims, "And doing plot updates for the famine header."

Kinaed says, "They will wake someone who is code-wise unconscious."

Roderick wonders, "How much Silver are we talking, if you don't mind my asking?"

Galen gets an amount of dried anise seeds from a small cloth belt pouch marked with a green leaf.

Azarial finishes her note.

A petite, feminine blonde boy digs through a small cloth belt pouch marked with a green leaf. "Aww, I don't have everything on me to make it right now."

Kinaed states to Roderick, "If you're a noble, 5 silver per IP. 3 silver for gentry, 1 silver for freemen."

Galen puts an amount of dried anise seeds in a small cloth belt pouch marked with a green leaf.

Galen questions, "What do smelling salts do?"

Temi claims, "It's not intended to be a major function of IP, just a little extra if you're not already using it."

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair ponders, "I'm surprised that Gentry don't get the higher but... the amounts don't really add up to much to worry about."

Misune trails off, "Hmm... that's not bad"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "Wake up an unconscious person."

Takta says, "Gentry get more money every other way. *grin*"

Takta claims, "This is a nice little bonus for broke nobs."

Kinaed claims to Roderick, "I figured IP was more important to nobles."

Galen claims, "Ooh, very nice. I should prepare some for my ridiculous medicine sack"

Moxie questions, "Will waking up unconscious people with smelling salts still incur PK?"

Kinaed claims to Takta, "I think it's your turn. :)"

Takta trails off, "Okay, so..."

Takta says, "Three major things this week. 1) I figured out how to export my map of the game into an XML file, which allows me to auto-count rooms. So I can tell you 228/431 rooms of skyway, or 52.9%, is done and desc'd."

Kinaed claims to Moxie, "No, only "finish" on an unconscious or otherwise helpless person incurs PK."

Takta says, "2) I finished the wound spec. It is mostly the same as folks read before, just with some messaging added to give people clues on how to roleplay their injuries and a status command to show everything about your character's overall state of health at any time. "

Takta trails off, "3) I wrote a Sky Spec. This has all the changes needed for the sky grid to go live, codewise. In short, it includes... displaying sky exits differently; requiring jump <direction> to go into an air room if you cannot fly so you don't walk there by accident; a 'shove' command to push people off rooftops into sky exits, depending on some stat checks and luck; a 'flyonly' command to mark some exits as only usable to flying people, regardless of room type"

Kinaed has transferred Orlando. [OOC]

Takta claims, "Er, flag, not command, re: flyonly."

Temi gives a drawn belt purse emblazoned with a dagger-wielding bandit to Orlando.

Takta states, "I figure since we have so many topics we can go over the Sky Spec at a later date, unless we end up with time at the end."

Takta pontificates, "That's it for me!"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Roderick muses, "....so I can shove people off of towers now codedly?"

Roderick claims, "Like, sparta kick them."

Kinaed states, "Nothing surprising in the sky spec, iirc. Except maybe the fact that you can shove people off buildings."

Emma says, "Damn it Roderick."
Takta claims to Roderick, "If it gets approved, yes."

Takta grins.

Azarial states, "Vistarch has been suffering on the change board, and trying to test combat issues for me."

A petite, feminine blonde boy is not getting on any roofs!!!!

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair grins broadly.

Azarial claims, "After casimir, it was almost required"

Takta says, "However. Shoving people has a risk of you going off with them or even instead."

Takta says, "So, shove at your own risk."

A slight figured blonde with wide-set blue eyes stares firmly at Roderick. "Yeah. Shove at your own risk."

Roderick says, "Then I can villianous scream NOOOOOOOO as I fall."

Roderick claims, "Works for me."

Kinaed queries, "I take it this is all of the staff currently available, or am I missing someone in the room?"

A petite, feminine blonde boy scream and fall into darkness.wav

Takta claims to Roderick, "It's win-win."

Roderick states, "Sorta like that guy in Die Hard when he's pushed off the skyscraper."

Takta declares to Kinaed, "I think that's it for us!"

Kinaed declares, "If so, it's time for the Player Heartbeat!"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Roderick states, "Well, when he falls off."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, so how was the game this week?"

Feamanuslaewyn states, "It's been a-ok. I haven't managed to get on, but when I have, very good the RP is."

Emma claims, "I had a ridiculously hard time getting into RP this week. However, generally my own fault. So, I'll go with "probably excellent!"."

Kinaed comforts Emma.

A petite young lady with a formal posture flashes a thumbs up. "I enjoyed last Saturday's hunt. I felt that really brought some decent roleplay to surface."

Blake states, "Has been good for me, have some many questions the next person I'm going to meet is in trouble."

Kinaed claims to Moxie, "Glad to hear it."

Galen exclaims, "It's okay Emma!!"

Kinaed grins.

Orlando claims, "Haven't gotten into it, either. Hoping to do something this evening, since my hot date with an English setter called Bentley fell through."

Margaux says, "Game was interesting this week. Lots of running around putting out fires, but less crazy running around than the week before."

Kinaed wonders, "Is there anything shitting anyone that staff ought to know about?"

Galen states, "I've had lots and lots to do. Both Galen and my alt have been busy."

Misune says, "Haven't really been around this week, but what little rp I got into was pleasant."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Roderick claims, "I liked the touch of Bandit mobs in the wilderness."

Albrecht states, "Busy busy busy"

Roderick states, "Didn't run into them myself but"

say I just want to give another shoutout to anyone who thought of pvents. That is all I havet o add

Otois states, "I just want to give another shoutout to anyone who thought of pvents. That is all I havet o add"

Roderick claims, "I loved the concept of it for RP"

Moxie states, "Oh, I'm concerned that there are lacking some of the basic things for skills. I've been looking for a chisel all week'"

Albrecht states, "Oh reminder, if you have business with one of my alts, this is the last week to do it before surgery"

Kinaed claims to Otois, "That was a player that is no longer with us, sadly."

Galen declares, "But who will give us wood, Albrecht?!"

Takta claims to Moxie, "You can typoboard that one, or get it from a PC blacksmith."

Moxie claims, "HA"

say Kinaed as ingame or for good?

Otois questions, "Kinaed as ingame or for good?"

Takta says, "Looks like we might have left the chisel out of the carpenter's shop on a quick glance."

Kinaed claims to Moxie, "As Takta said. If you can't find an obj, it's okay to ask on visnet where to get one, or typo it to staff."

Roderick says, "Odd, it used to be there."

Takta claims, "(and by we I mean I)"

Kinaed grins at Takta.

Roderick states, "Oh wait I had to have my alt's made by a blacksmith"

Kinaed muses to Otois, "I don't understand the question, sorry?"

Takta says, "Yeah, probably just accidentally left off. My bad, can fix after this."

Orlando says to Kinaed, "They're asking if the player quit or died."

Moxie claims, "Oh, I did. I went all over looking for the suggested places. No results"

Galen claims, "+str "Who needs a chisel when you're already this chiseled," /self posits, flexing."

Feamanuslaewyn queries, "Died irl?"

Kinaed wonders, "Quit after being ousted from their guild role, I think?"

Galen states, "Whoops. There goes my great joke"

Feamanuslaewyn states, "Oh nvm"

Kinaed declaims, "Wow, didn't mean to imply she died! :)"

Moxie declares, "Phew!"

Kinaed says, "Anyway, yes, I love pvents too."

say Ah, okay then. And well, gone usually means "bit the big one? ;)

Otois muses, "Ah, okay then. And well, gone usually means "bit the big one? ;)"

Margaux declaims to Galen, "Still impressed! :)"

A petite, feminine blonde boy beams at a pale, obsidian-haired woman of slight build!

Kinaed says, "Okay, thanks for that everyone. I think that means we can jump into the best part of the talk - Player Topics. One moment, and I'll call on everyone one by one to start."

Takta has created a sturdy iron chisel with a sharp-edged tip!

Kinaed queries, "Moxie, you wanted to discuss furniture and silver costs? Care to introduce the topic and what you're thinking around that?"

Shiloh is idle.

Moxie claims, "Yes, certainly. So my concern at the moment is this - I would like to further my woodwork and I've hit a point in my 'education' that only expensive items will further my learning. However, when fishing I can literally cast my line for no cost other than my time, and advance it much quicker."

Moxie finishes abruptly, "What I am asking is - is this intentional, and would the staff consider allowing aqua items on the list to allow an advance in education, albeit smaller"

Edward is idle.

Galen pontificates, "I've hit a similar problem with tailoring becoming expensive to pool, but I'm working my way to Master level, so it's understandable - I definitely don't think that should happen to someone who's just starting a craft, though!"

Kinaed says, "Not having a lot of insight on the costs and reasoning behind that, I'm going to have to let Temi and Taka (who have written most of our crafts) respond. I think fishing is just an outlier though."

Edward is no longer idle.
Edward has returned from AFK.

Takta claims, "I think we have a general issue wit crafting where it becomes very expensive to advance."

Takta states, "Largely caused by the fact we don't have salvage."

Temi claims, "Skills aren't necessarily all equal in costs to level them, certainly, but you get different amounts of value out of them too."

Takta states, "Which I think should be a big priority to implement at some point."

Takta nods at Temi.

Galen queries, "Salvage?"

Temi claims, "A huge pile of fish is... not gaining you a lot."

Takta claims, "But also, yeah, you make MUCH MORE money as a carpenter than as a fisherman."

Albrecht says, "Salvage would be nice"

Takta says to Galen, "A way to turn items back into raw materials."

Galen claims, "Oooh, that'd be handy."

Takta claims, "So you don't make items you don't need and can't sell to progress."

Galen states, "I have so much silk and velvet junk strewn around my house."

Roderick claims, "In my experience so far on a woodworker, if you get a shop running and get it off the ground/profitable, you'll make much more than what you spend making those items to advance."

Galen says, "I am just surrounded in soft, luxurious fabric and it's terrible"

Kinaed claims, "All of the trades have costs associated with them to practice because 1) realistically, those trades require materials, which must have intrinsic value for an economy, and 2) the skills are highly spammable and people used to complain of GLed Merchant apprentices overnight. Not sure if it's swayed too far in another direction."

Margaux states to Galen, "Yule gifts for the next 10 years. :)"

Moxie finishes abruptly, "I think salvage would do what I'm proposing and would make the whole affair much more bearable - though it might increase in the disappearance of furniture around the grid"

Kinaed comforts Galen.

Galen pontificates, "Like half of my friends can't legally wear the stuff!!"

Takta claims to Kinaed, "I think we've always had the problem of 'waste', so to speak. Unneeded and unwanted items used to pool."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta says, "And since you can only pool on specific items at specific times, it's become exacerbated."

Azarial states, "We did have someone gm smithing by making half a million cheap iron daggers. <_<"

Temi claims, "I would note that we have been working on having more useful, desired items to pool the whole wayup."

Takta nods at Temi.

Temi claims, "And I hate when people spam create a bunch of objects they don't want because they want to GM in three days."

Takta states, "Woodworking may not be super cheap to pool anymore, but there should be useful, variable items at all ranks."

Galen exclaims, "Heck, I can't even wear the stuff!"

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair glances at Azarial "Was it really half a million?"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair nods to Takta.

Kinaed states to Moxie, "I think this is one of the ones that we cannot easily respond to completion within the OOC CHat hour, but I'll make a note to further discuss it in our next staff meeting."

Azarial claims, "Somewhere in there."

Misune says, "Damn"

Kinaed says, "I can say costs are unlikely to disappear, but they may still need some balancing."

Azarial states, "Just spam crafted until maxed."

Galen claims, "I still think it'd be nice if you pooled by failing a recipe, even if it's cyan'd-out"

"Thanks, really appreciate it guys." a petite young lady with a formal posture steps down. [Moxie]

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kinaed claims to Galen, "Noted for consideration"

Kinaed claims to Galen, "I note you still want to auto-move to complete actions. I'll discuss that with staff in th enext staff meeting also... which brings us to Emma."

Misune states, "As they say, you still learn from your mistakes"

Emma says, "Prepare for wall of text."

Kinaed claims to Emma, "Please introduce your first topic, we'll discuss, then your second."

A petite, feminine blonde boy braces himself.

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Emma muses, "So, the osay topic, and just to preface this - I'm unsure if it's actually part of TI culture to avoid lots of osay chatter or just something I have assumed was the case. If I'm wrong on that front, please disregard. If it is, lets talk about it! I have noticed a trend picking up where a great deal of public scenes (or at least the ones I've been a part of) are becoming increasingly inundated under constant osay commentary. Not questions or what not, just harmless jokes, talking, conversation, etc. I even encountered a scene with ooc comments/jokes being made through character emotes that struck me as super jarring. Is this something we're trying to be more accommodating of, or is it more something we should chat about to try and suppress a bit?"

Temi claims, "If anyone ever tries to increase without making items just for prctice and takes longer getting up to speed, I'd be interestd in hearing how the process goes. I wish i had the time to try it out myself."

Margaux muses, "Remind people that they lose rpxp when they osay?"

Emma says, "Additionally, there doesn't appear to be a way to turn osay off."

Galen says, "I'm guilty of being a joker sometimes! I'll tone it down."

Azarial says, "It;s 5xp a comment. it adds up fast."

Temi states, "We charge for osays because of that - we want to encourage it to be limited."

Roderick trails off, "The idea of someone making an OOC comment in their actual emotes though...."

Orlando says, "Galen, it's not just you. And it's not just comments. Questions, sometimes, turn into discussions. And 5xp is nothing. I have like, 100k free XP with nothing to spend it on. I can make bad movie references all day."

Roderick claims, "That definitely sounds out of line"

Emma claims, "No, I definitely do not mean any single person. Not at all."

Margaux states, "You can block osays/oemotes through ignoring a person, but that is a... tank to a knife fight."

Takta claims, "We could maybe write a General board note gently reminding people that osays can be disruptive of the RP experience and to use them mostly for communication of important things."

Kinaed states, "Actually, we charge people XP for using osays for precisely the reason that we don't want people using Osays like that."

Takta states, "I think it's mostly ignorance of custom that causes it."

Galen states, "Maybe a 'graphic' or 'turns' type command to keep the ooc chatter down would be nice."

Kinaed says, "It's best to take that to tells, and I think a reminder that it can distress other RPers around you is probably appropriate, so thanks for raising that Emma."

Orlando claims, "Osays only really bother me in scenes that tend to require more structure, like plots, or where there's a significant amount of people in one room. Frankly, TI's just bad at supporting that (because it can't support it). People taking forever to pose in crowded scenes, or those that double post, are just as annoying."

A slight figured blonde with wide-set blue eyes nods at Roderick. "That one caught me off-guard, big time. I'd never seen that being done or accepted, emoting an ooc joke."

Azarial claims, "Places were added to trim that down."

Margaux claims to Emma, "That would bother me, too."

Takta claims to Orlando, "There's a lot of variability in what's annoying."

Takta grins.

Kinaed queries, "I'll add a ti-fact about it, and maybe the first Osay that people use of the day can remind them to keep them to a minimum and use tell/multi-tell to avoid bothering others in large scenes?"

Roderick states, "That sounds amazing."

Emma claims, "That would be excellent. I've been guilty of it myself, before. I think we can all fall into it. "

say I second that

Otois claims, "I second that"

Galen declares, "A side note on the subject of large scenes - it'd be really nice to have a command to suggest that people group into places to carry on their private discussions!"

A young woman with blonde ringlets and rosy cheeks nods at Emma, "I noticed the ooc jokes in emotes too, and comments about things, that are not relevant, or you wouldn't know by looking at them, just commentary and a lot of it. It seems more of a newer trend from what I can see."

Kinaed states, "I might also update help TI-culture"

A petite young lady with a formal posture is having trouble keeping up with the page scroll

Takta claims, "We've had a lot of new players from different games lately."

Galen claims, "Or maybe an RPXP bonus for using places in a room with like, 8+ people"

Takta says, "It takes some time for them to learn the status quo."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Orlando claims, "I don't think we need to add commands that simply print a string. There's nothing wrong with saying (even via osay) to be mindful of things."

Kinaed says to Galen, "That's not a bad idea either. I'll consider it."

say That indeed is becoming a problem i've noticed, people post a lot of conclusions in emotes instead of describing what you did, maybe with subtle hints to interprete.

Otois states, "That indeed is becoming a problem i've noticed, people post a lot of conclusions in emotes instead of describing what you did, maybe with subtle hints to interprete."

Kinaed says to Orlando, "I think people feel a bit rude telling osayers to settle down."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Orlando claims to Kinaed, "I think people need to understand it's not rude, and the other way's just passive aggressive. :p"

A young woman with blonde ringlets and rosy cheeks nods to otois. "Yes."

Roderick questions, "How is a command printed by the game passive aggressive?"

Kinaed states to Orlando, "I think passive aggressive is when you actually do something to take your frustrations out on someone, not when you're overly accommodating because you're worried about offending someone."

Takta claims, "Open communication with people is helpful, of course, but not everyone feels equipped for that kidnd of potentially confrontational conversation."

A petite young lady with a formal posture says to roderick, "Because you should feel comfortable talking to people in your own words without getting the teacher over. Or something to that effect."

Takta claims, "We can encourage people who DO feel equipped to have those conversations, but other tools for other people aren't a bad thing."

Kinaed claims, "In any case, I back that osay use in general can irritate people - I know it drives me nuts during scenes, particularly if the comment isn't directed at me and is just other people OOCly talking under my nose."

Kinaed states, "So we'll address that item in a few, hopefully polite and non-jarring ways."

A petite young lady with a formal posture nods her head in agreement to everyone gathered here.

Galen claims, "I'll try to keep it to a minimum from now on."

Blake has lost link.

Blake has reconnected.

Emma declares, "Polite and non-jarring ftw!"

Kinaed smiles.

Margaux states, "Perhaps whenever someoene uses osay, remind them about the xp loss."

Kinaed queries to Emma, "Okay, that was one item on your agenda. What's next?"

Orlando says, "Anyway, basically, yes. It's a good idea to create a culture where people are mindful of the pulse of the scene. If it's a smoking and joking sparring scene with stupid one-liners, then osays are probably fine. If it's tense and plottish, probs not. It takes a while to pick up on that, though."

Kinaed nods at Orlando.

Emma says, "Second up... Blacklisting. Re-bracing for wall of text."

Takta says to Orlando, "I think many people would disagree with the osays ever being fine, really. Different strokes; better to just not use them."

A pale, obsidian-haired woman of slight build holds onto the mast.

Kinaed says, "Tells are cheaper anyway."

Orlando claims to Takta, ""Do you really want to osay? Y/N." ;)"

A petite, feminine blonde boy is unprepared for the wall of text and is going to be knocked over.

Orlando says to Takta, "Would cut down on 95% of them, and probably 99% of the 'comments'."

Emma states, "Second on Ye Olde List is the blacklisting process for Merchants. I am very, very clearly biased on this, however, I do tend to feel that spending 10 IP to add someone to the blacklist is a bit much in a majority of cases. I feel that in the case of other guilds their special commands and big benefits are assumed to be possible because they're who they are and their leaders are the leaders of said guilds - warrants, levy, etc. A Justiciar/high-ranked Reeve shouldn't need to spend 10 IP (or any) to have a warrant issued for so and so's PC, and they don't, because it's a function of their office that's assumed. I feel that Blacklisting is the same general type of thing, but for Merchants. "

Emma trails off, "I -do- believe that in certain cases it should most definitely cost IP, or require RPA to use. But in most cases, probably not. For example - the majority of times I've needed or wanted to Blacklist someone it's been at the request of the Knights, Reeves, or Order, because we're dealing with a known Mage and they want my help to isolate/flush them out. Alternatively, a person is cheating the Merchants by intentionally trading illegally, which I doubt would take any convincing at all among the Merchants to not engage with the culprit. In a case where we're dealing with a situation like that I have a hard time imagining needing to convince the guild not to sell things to this wanted, evil person. An example of where we probably would need 10 IP and/or RPA, blacklisting an entire Barony *cough*. Not that... not that we'd ever do that..."

Takta states, "Welp, I agree."

Galen pontificates, "Agreed on all points, as well!"

Orlando claims, "I wasn't aware it cost 10 IP for the Merchants to do that. I agree with Emma 100%, and it ought to be free."

Temi claims, "I don't know that I would put blacklisting on the same level of 'the merchants' job' as arresting someone."

Galen claims, "On the subject, someone who's blacklisted is currently listed as managing a Merchants owned shop on the roster, which is, like, uh"

Misune says, "I also agree.. it really doesn't make anysense whatsoever that it costs Ip"

Emma states, "No, not really - just a function of the office if that makes sense."

Takta states, "It does seem like it is their job since the Merchants exist to help with their own trade monopoly."

Kinaed claims, "I don't agree."

Orlando claims, "Would love to see some granularity, though. Not just blacklisting. But just a flat modifier that the merchants could apply to someone's purchases. "Yes, you can still shop. But congrats, you've pissed us off, and now you're getting charged 20% extra.""

Margaux claims, "Perhaps it could instead be put up as a suggestion to merchants with a system where all merchants past rank x (full merchn probably) get an opportunity to yay or nay or abstain. "

Albrecht states, "I don't necessarily think it should be free, but I do think that that high cost is too much"

Emma claims, "In cases where it's not codedly possible to blacklist the person/group, I definitely think it should cost RPA QP or IP. But where it is codedly possible, the IP cost seems very high and in many cases unreasonable. 2 cents. *listens*"

Margaux states, "After 3 days if the yays outweigh the nays, blacklist goes through. Drop the IPs, up the merchant community involvement."

Kinaed states, "Blacklisting is a punitive measure that goes against basic profits of any individual merchant and can have a severe impact to a character's playability. Whereas arresting someone is required, blacklist almost never is. I can't see it being cheap or easy."

Roderick says, "Arresting someone has a severe impact on a character's playability as well though. Worse so even."

Kinaed claims, "Though I like Orlando's idea of shades of blacklisting."

Orlando states to Kinaed, "Hence my suggestion for price gouging, too. I feel like blacklisting is the nuclear option, and I don't think that'd ever be the starting point."

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair agrees with roderick

Roderick claims, "Blacklisting is a lot like arresting your ability to trade because you pissed off your boss."

Kinaed claims to Roderick, "Yes, but it's not generally punitive."

Emma says, "Hmmm. It's our only means of defense/offense to make the guild what it is - a monopoly of traders. Agreed, though - It's definitely not a first, second, or even generally third preferred measure."

Takta states, "Blacklisting as part of warrants seems like a different beast from just blacklisting for rudeness, dislike, or other similar issues."

Kinaed nods at Orlando.

Misune trails off, "Plus blacklisting would ecourage rp... obviously that mage is going to have to get their supplies from someone, so wheeling and dealing may have to occur"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta claims, "It might be that blacklist should go back to being auto-coupled with warrants to solve that problem and the command remain for the other issue."

Takta claims, "*issues"

Misune questions, "Why was it ever seperated in the first place?"

Kinaed states, "I don't think so, because I like the Reeves having to approach the merchants for that."

Emma says, "General rule of thumb is blacklist at the request of the Reeves, Knights or Order, or Blacklisting for illegal trading that has not been addressed another way."

Galen states, "I do think that liberal blacklisting would definitely tarnish a Magnate's reputation, so I think it would still be a last resort even if it were free."

Kinaed claims, "And I like the Order having to approach the Reeves for that."

Margaux says, "I would personally expect that whoever is requesting that the merchants blacklist to cough up the IP for it."

say then maybe the blacklist coming from warrant would come at severe discount, lik e80%?

Otois questions, "Then maybe the blacklist coming from warrant would come at severe discount, lik e80%?"

Temi claims, "The little merchants would need to know someone is warranted to even blacklist them."

Takta nods at Otois.

Temi trails off, "And if the normal populace isn't aware, just out through the guards, etc..."

Takta states, "A cheaper blacklist for warranting makes sense because little persuasion is required."

Kinaed states to Misune, "To give people who would control those things more control. IE, if it takes the Merchant's approval to make it so poeple can't shop, then the Merchants should control it, rather than Reeves. Reeves can warrant without any of the shop business."

Emma claims, "Also noteworthy - No one can blacklist but the GL or a Trademaster of a specific trade, and in that case they can only blacklist for their specific trade."

Takta says, "And then the lag required in actually asking a PC gives it time to spread and keeps it in the Merchants' hands."

Feamanuslaewyn is idle.

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair nods to Kinaed "Ok, that does make sense."

Orlando states, "Well, there's also the fact that blacklisting IS the nuclear option. There's certainly a place for saying, "Sorry, you can't shop at luxury goods places anymore. No weapons for you. Bread and gruel only. We're not going to starve you to death." I just think blacklisting, as implemented, is too draconian ... I feel like merchants might use it -more- if they had more options: certain shops, certain durations, add prices, add discounts (hey, maybe!)."

Galen claims, "Minor penalties beyond blacklisting would definitely be very good, imo"

Galen states, "Rather, short of blacklisting, not beyond"

Kinaed claims, "I think with things like cost, it's a relative thing."

Roderick states, "Ten IP is a lot of IP to spend to support a guild's theme though."

Kinaed states, "What is a high or low cost is based on perception, ease, etc. I'm happy to submit that 10 IP may simply be too much."

Emma says, "It is definitely the nuclear option, Landopants. Used sparingly, and with reason. I just don't personally feel that the reason should be what it is at the present."

Galen queries, "It'd be nice if the merchants could also offer something like the opposite - like a universal discount?"

Orlando nods in agreement with Emma.

Kinaed claims, "However, I'm not sure if I'm swayed on this, so let's table it for me to percolate on."

Orlando states, "10 IP is a lot. Then again, IP are hard to come by, that ... I don't know if that's a common theme, but I've stopped caring completely about support, IP, etc."

Margaux says, "10 IP, for example, is the same as ennoble. I think it is too much."

Edward is idle.

A slight figured blonde with wide-set blue eyes nods.

Galen claims, "Definitely the matter should be forwarded to Fully Awake Kinaed"

Margaux claims, "For (blacklist, not ennoble)"

Emma states, "Sounds good, Kinaed! And thanks for listening/debating all."

Edward is no longer idle.
Edward has returned from AFK.

Kinaed asks, "Misune You wanted to raise something about the crafting system?"

Galen exclaims, "Glad to weigh in!"

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Kinaed smiles.

Misune states, "Yes i did. Writing it out now"

A petite, feminine blonde boy does the secret Merchants handshake

Shiloh has left the game.

Misune claims, "I was simply wondering if there are any craft systems currently being worked on being converted from their old system, and if not how far down the line papercrafting is on the list of things to do"

Galen states, "I just learned papercrafting and it is werid as heck."

Takta has created a sturdy iron chisel with a sharp-edged tip!

Temi states, "Magecrafting is currently being converted."

Takta states to Galen, "Welcome to old crafting."

'The good ole crafting!

Otois declares, "The good ole crafting!"

Galen says, "I could create a pigeon for you out of this pulp right now."

Kinaed says, "Papercrafting is currently on Xinoe's desk. I'll check in with her what her expected timelines are for it."

Temi says, "Papercrafting was one Xinoe intends to work on, but she's had some RL pressures on timing, I think."

Takta states, "Papercraft is currently in the planning/preparation stage for conversion, by Xinoe."

Takta grins.

Temi claims, "And all the staff agree on this."

Temi nods sagely.

emote remembers old crafting with woodworking. Not fun!

Otois remembers old crafting with woodworking. Not fun!

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair nods "Just wanted to check in on that."

Takta states, "(The woodworking chisel is now on sale at The Lumber Yard)"

Albrecht states, "Old crafting with woodworking was the best. you could make jacks for days"

Kinaed questions, "Does that cover all player topics and enquiries today?"

Galen says, "I am getting some non-code names here in the OOC room."

Galen states, "Intros, I mean"

Moxie claims, "Thanks Takta"

A petite, feminine blonde boy points at Otois and a tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair

Galen claims, "Http://puu.sh/jup2L/4ab157c88d.jpg"

Galen questions, "Aren't only people's coded first names supposed to show up in here?"

Feamanuslaewyn is no longer idle.
Feamanuslaewyn has returned from AFK.

Emma states, "Same o.o Seeing a couple. Looks like when they use emote instead of say."

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair is just to good looking to be known by name alone

Kinaed asks of Galen, "Yes - please bug it with a log of the ones you saw?"

Galen claims, "Oooh, I didn't notice that."

say how about now?

Otois muses, "How about now?"

Orlando claims, "I only see code names when I type look."

emote and now

Otois and now

Kinaed nods.

Albrecht claims, "I was curious about support. because I see the levels jumping randomly sometimes and the scale seems... I don't know. scale never seems to be set onto like specific numbers, but seems relative somehow. I've talked with people who were extremely supported vs powerfully supported, which by scale extremely is higher, but they get less support than powerfully and it's confused me (reminded by the IP talk)"

Galen states, "I'll write up a bug board post when the meeting's over."

Takta states to Albrecht, "It may be other IP sources confusing it."

Takta claims, "Different noble titles lend IP, for example; wealth or not purchasing wealth, etc."

Azarial claims, "The various scales depend on who many are active in them, as well."

Albrecht wonders to Takta, "Other IP sources?"

Misune muses, "Isn't it based on who actually supports you and how much support they have in turn?"

Takta states, "Support is the base number but other factors modify weekly IP gain."

Kinaed claims to Albrecht, "Your direct supporters give you 3 points each, as do direct subverters. The supporters of your supporters give you 2, and so on. There's a bonus if your supporters/subverters are a GL or a noble."

Galen claims, "When we're done talking about this, I have a similar thing to bring up"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed states, "With some minor modifiers for social class."

Kinaed states, "Your weekly IP can fluctuate also if someone in your entire support tree goes inactive or is subverted."

Kinaed says, "Or even added to."

Emma wonders, "Semi-related and arguably embarrassing question: On "support show", the number being higher for a specific group is worse than it being lower, right?"

emote plays a dumbo because he never understood the whole IP system

Otois plays a dumbo because he never understood the whole IP system

Temi nods at Emma.

Temi claims, "It's a ranking"

Emma claims, "Remind me to beat the Merchants with a stick."

Temi says, "1 has the first place, 3 is third most, etc."

Kinaed claims to Emma, "Ranking #1 with a guild is better than ranking #6."

Temi claims, "But if there's ties, they default to the same level"

Emma declaims, "Got it!"

Temi states, "So if there are three people that get the most, they're all at 3."

Galen claims, "I have a thing to talk about when the IP discussion is done! It's a small thing."

A petite young lady with a formal posture nods at a petite, feminine blonde boy, "And I have something after you."

Kinaed states to Galen, "Go ahead and raise it now? We have only 10ish minutes, and some final notes before wrap-up."

Galen declaims, "All right!"

Kinaed states to Moxie, "After Galen, please. :)"

A tall, bearded vavardian man with long dark hair ponders.

Kinaed says, "Then I think we'll have to call it for the day."

Kinaed claims, "Blacklist is now set to cost 5 IP, by the way, on reboot."

Galen claims, "I've been doing a lot of pooling lately, and something I've always noticed - when you get it as high as 'some' or even 'considerable', it rapidly drains back down to 'inconsequential' - but it stays on 'inconsequential' for, like, forever."

Emma claims, "Hooray! Thanks a lot. That's awesome."

Margaux says to Galen, "I've noticed that too."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Galen says, "And getting it higher than 'inconsequential' is quite a feat. It seems like as far as the scale goes, 'inconsequential' is too broad."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Margaux claims, "Inconsequential seems to be a lot 'larger' than the other ranks."

Takta claims, "It's because of the background math."

Galen states, "Most of my learning has been 'inconsequential'."

Kinaed claims, "I'll make a note to have a look at that."

Takta says, "Inconsequential isn't larger, you just go down more per tick at higher numbers."

Galen pontificates, "There has been a great deal of consequence indeed from my inconsequential practice!"

Takta grins.

Kinaed muses to Moxie, "You had something you wanted to raise after Galen?"

Galen says, "Hm... well, the scales should probably be adjusted to compensate for that, I think."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Orlando says, "I have one thing too."

Galen pontificates, "Okay, I'm done!"

Moxie claims, "Sorry, more of a visnet question, but I thought I'd ask - Is there a way to see which people are in the room with me other than LOOK? Like, it just lists who is here? Likewise items in the room."

Kinaed says, "Probably wouldn't make a difference in the fact that lower levels will linger longer."

Kinaed claims to Orlando, "We'll see if we have time."

Orlando says to Kinaed, "It's not a discussion point, and it doesn't require staff. ;)"

Kinaed says, "Type 'map'."

Kinaed nods at Orlando.

Kinaed states, "Maybe OOC then."

Moxie states, "Ah yes, thank you. Continue."

Temi trails off, "Look around may help on objects..."

A petite young lady with a formal posture nods and steps down.

Orlando claims, "Anyway, my thing: it's not a technically a question. Considering we're all here right now, and thus we're obviously not in the middle of scenes, who wants to try to throw together some kind of event or scene when this is through? We could brainstorm here or via OOC or multitell for a few minutes, then go forth and do good things."

Margaux looks all around.

Margaux claims, "Moxie, use scan"

Takta looks all around.

Margaux states, "Summarises it all."

Kinaed says, "Please respond to Orlando in tells, folks."

Emma looks all around.

Kinaed says, "Okay, to wrap up - please consider voting for TI - you can turn on 'autowarn' to remind you on a semi-regular basis to vote. This will help us attract more players. We've also recently risen in the ranks, so thank you, those of you taking the time to help promote the game."

Takta exclaims, "(As a reminder, there is also an event tomorrow, 5 pm EST/system!)"

Kinaed states, "If anyone hasn't written a review for TI, I'd appreciate it if someone's willing to write one for August."

Moxie looks all around.

Galen claims, "I tried writing one but it was turning out way too long! I'll try again."

Kinaed declaims, "Our recommend queue could use some filling, so please remember to recommend people, especially when they give you RP that gets you hot under the collar - we thrive on conflict!"

say Or just hit on people, that also gets reccomends flowing

Otois claims, "Or just hit on people, that also gets reccomends flowing"

wink Kinaed
Unrecognized command.

Kinaed claims, "Oh! One last night."

A petite, feminine blonde boy sweats

Moxie muses, "Do people see when you recommend them, and the reason?"

Sikod says, "Yes."

Galen declaims, "Yes, they do!"

Margaux states to Moxie, "Yes, but you can make it anonymous."

say shows in your "reco list"

Otois claims, "Shows in your "reco list""

Kinaed states, "Please remember, folks - if you're engaging ICly in activities that might result in a pregnancy, you are REQUIRED to roll breed. Not rolling breed as a form of contraception is OOC. We have IC contraception in game. Please don't twink the system that way."

Temi states, "Once staff have approved them in any case, and the rewards that go with it."

Emma claims, "Oh my."

Misune trails off, "If you ever want to chuckle, view your recommend list... I always enjoy looking back at that"

Galen declaims, "Goodness!!"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Temi exclaims, "But yeah, recommends are intended to continue for people warm fuzzies for posterity. "Aww, I remember when that happened!""

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair nods to Temi "Exactly."

Moxie pontificates, "Recommend list isn't showing anything. Guess I need to work harder!"

Kinaed smiles at Moxie.

Edward states, "I've BEEN hitting on people and I don't have a rec list to speak of either."

Feamanuslaewyn states, "I can't wait to recommend some people"

Kinaed pontificates, "It's the top of the hour. Thanks for coming everyone!"

say there is nothing wrong in asking for a reco if you think you did a very good job rping. Sometimes people forget.

Otois states, "There is nothing wrong in asking for a reco if you think you did a very good job rping. Sometimes people forget."

Temi claims, "Looks like we do have some in the queue."

Feamanuslaewyn wonders, "We ended on time?!?"

Moxie says, "You've just been added to the creep list instead, Edward haha"

Kinaed claims, "You can also recommend yourself."

Takta claims, "Remember recs aren't for just RPing well, but for really making things happen. Conflict, driving RP, etc."

Galen states, "We NEVER end on time."

Margaux claims, "Edward, you must be hitting on the wrong people. :)"

say edward, i hit on kinkys character and got reco for it :P

Otois states, "Edward, i hit on kinkys character and got reco for it :P"

Edward dul Waithe waggles his eyebrows at Margaux.

A tawny-brown eyed man with sandy-blonde hair remembers a time when we used to end with too much time left

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, people - we will adjourn now ... until next week. Thanks again for attending!"

A slight figured blonde with wide-set blue eyes waves!

Moxie claims, "Come on, Edward. Let's get back to eating roasted fish"

wave
Otois waves.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

• Information