Log of OOC Meeting 7/25/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Misune states, "Yeah, I would like to bring up my topic that we ran out of time last week for"

A stiff breeze carries a storm of pages with it, obscuring vision. As they clear from sight you see Vistarch standing before you. [OOC]

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Kinaed asks, "Noted. Anyone else?"

Feamanuslaewyn claims, "Whoa, names."

Kinaed has transferred Gaven. [OOC]

Galen declares, "You see coded names here now, it looks like!"

Kinaed gives Gaven some coins.

Kinaed states, "Okay, if there's no one else who has something specific to discuss, let's get this show on the road."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Takta claims, "To make it easier to interact."

Takta declares, "Obviously it's all OOC info, though!"

Galen states, "Now everyone knows that my name is actually Galen and not Ariel le Orban."

Mika has lost link.

Mika has reconnected.

ooc off
OOC channel is now OFF.

Kinaed states, "Last week, I completed a spec to update whisper code - when it is in, players will use [w in emotes to whisper."

Emma says, "Oooh."

Kinaed claims, "This was required because eavesdropping needed an update to whisper. I've also finished the updates to the eavesdropping spec."

Galen exclaims, "That's way cool!"

Galen declaims, "I can't wait to be super discreet!"

Misune Levona ponder "How will it work if you are trying to whisper to someone specific?"

Roald states, "Wait what I don't understand."

Kinaed claims, "Right now, my understanding is that Az's major project is redoing the who list so that meditation doesn't potentially expose mages."

Misune states, "And not in a place with them"

Galen muses, "Hmm.. while you're at it, can we add yelling in emotes too?"

Kinaed says to Roald, "I'm happy to answer any questions? We've recently installed places code. Eavesdropping is the ability to sneakily listen in to a place, OR listen in on a room from another room."

Kinaed claims to Galen, "That's a possibility, making a note. THanks for the suggestion."

Takta claims, "...right, targeting the whispers is a bit of a problem right now, isn't it."

Takta says, "Right now it works solely off distance."

Misune claims, "Which makes sense"

Takta says, "So if you whisper, everybody who's 'close' to you has a 90% chance of hearing it, for example."

Roald queries, "The whisper emotes thing what is it about?"

Takta states, "I guess that might be fine, even without targeting ability."

Kinaed claims, "It will work solely off distance with the new version as well."

Misune Levona nods

Takta claims, "Sorry, when I said 'right now' I meant in the new version. Bad wording."

Takta ahems.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed smiles.

Takta says to Roald, "Sometimes you want to speak quietly so not everybody will hear. We're adding that function to the emote command."

Roald says, "Oh that is nice we get a high chance of hearing when close. Makes 100% sence thank you."

Kinaed claims, "My big project is still roles. I'm still not satisfied with the spec. We have confirmed that higher level guild roles will not be available in chargen, barring applications, as per now, however."

Kinaed says, "That's it for me, really."

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "I'm reading your AFK as truly afK?"

Galen states, "I took a look at the spec but I couldn't really understand it at the time."

Roald says, "Is their a new speck this time around? and how are we seeing everyone's names."

Takta states, "It's an OOC room, so you see names."

Feamanuslaewyn has lost link.

Xain de Wright nods, drooling

Kinaed states, "So, with regards to changes - Azarial has changed Purchase Age - TI will no longer allow characters under the age of 13. We've had several minor bugs fix and a couple of crash bugs. The skill requirement to repair objects has been reduced to 36 so that people stop joining the Merchants just to keep their equipment in decent condition. Whois has been made into a POLCA, and you can use it to add your email to the 'yes, TI Staff can email me if they want pile', and we're going to be adding some functionality so that people will get an email when they have mail or a personal board message in the future (if they've elected to do so)."

Azarial has returned from AFK.

Kinaed exclaims, "So that'll more or less cover Aza- hi Az!"

Azarial gets a small box of weapons from pico, a text editor.

Azarial gets an obtanium sword of death suitable for all ages from a small box of weapons.

Azarial is ready for the fight later.

Kinaed wonders to Azarial, "Want to give us a quick update?"

Azarial states, "Loks like you covered it."

Kinaed states to Azarial, "Okay. :)"

Kinaed claims, "No Temi today - Takta! You're up. :)"

Takta says, "Temi noted that she continues to work on magecraft, trying to add a recipe a day until it's finished. And... something else I am afraid I have forgotten."

Takta says, "My major project has been the skyway. We are now up to roughly 150/410 rooms described, or a little past a third."

Kinaed queries to Takta, "In History Staff, maybe?"

Kinaed claims, "Nice work. Thanks, everyone here who has been helping Takta with room descriptions."

Takta says, "I am hopeful to see it done by the end of September still, though at some point I will have to sit down and really think about some code challenges related to it."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta states, "That's basically it! (And yes, thanks to you all. :D)"

Galen exclaims, "Sorry I haven't provided any more descriptions yet!"

Takta states to Galen, "You've got time, since I've got plenty of other rooms to do. ;)"

Kinaed says to Galen, "It's okay; volunteer work and all of that. But we do appreciate what you've done so far."

Xain de Wright asks, "mind telling me what is this skyway project?"

Kinaed nods at Xain.

Roald wonders, "Will we have flying mounts in future?"

Kinaed says, "We've introduced a spell to allow mage characters to fly, and we've always had a Brotherhood."

Mika says to Roald, "I think we burned all of those"

Kinaed says to Roald, "Most likely not as TI's theme is far more subtle when it comes to magic."

Azarial claims, "Flying mounts is an instant trip to the pyre."

Feamanuslaewyn has reconnected.

Takta says, "The skyway is a mixture of rooftop and air rooms that allows for people to move through the grid in new ways."

Kinaed says, "This is adding a layer of sky and rooftops to the game to allow players more movement."

Misune Levona gets lost as is, can not get lost in the sky as well

Emma says, "You'll likely be able to turn off air_travel and avoid it."

Misune states, "Where is the fun in that"

Takta says, "We're definitely going to make sure you only go sky-bound if you want to."

Takta says, "That's one of the code challenges I'll be thinking about."

Xain de Wright is processing the information, then heads blows off

Roald muses, "I feel the same way. So will we all be able to fly?"

Takta says, "Only mages can fly, and only some mages."

Galen exclaims, "I imagine anyone can try to roof-hop, though!"

Takta claims, "Other people will have to stick to the rooftops and on occasion risky jumps."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Azarial states, "And if you get caught, expect to be chased and eventually burned at the stake."

Kinaed declares, "Okay, that's Takta's update. Mika? You're up!"

Kinaed has transferred Zaerieth. [OOC]

Kinaed gives Zaerieth some coins.

Roald begins to count their money.

Zaerieth smiles.

Valariana has lost link.
Valariana has reconnected.

Mika pontificates, "Okay! i've been picking through the request board mostly"

Kinaed states, "Awesome. :)"

Mika says, "Need to get back on helping with skyway descriptions, but mostly, grunt work that's about it."

Kinaed nods at Mika.

Kinaed states to Mika, "Let me know if you want to do a project; I'm sure we have heaps of possibilities around."

Mika nods.

Kinaed claims to Vistarch, "You're up. :)"

Zaerieth begins to count their money.

Vistarch says, "I've been hitting the changes as they come in as best I can and hacking away at the backlog that is the changes board."

Kinaed nods at Vistarch.

Kinaed claims, "Much appreciated, mate."

Vistarch declares, "I've only taken the entire game down once bug testing thus far too!"

Kinaed says, "I think Vistarch has proudly earned his "I've crashed the game!" staff achievement."

Takta grins.

Kinaed grins.

Takta claims, "The Medal of Dishonor."

Roald de Cussar starts clapping wildly.

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Hey, that works"

Kinaed points to her wall of shame.

Xain de Wright laughing

Kinaed muses, "Okay, I think that covers Staff Updates. Anyone have any questions or anything before we continue?"

Zaerieth smirks (OOC Emote)

Roald questions, "Why do we all get 100 coins when we get transfered?"

Roald asks, "Thanks for that anyway?"

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Its a staff gift for showing up"

Kinaed says to Roald, "Because staff were too busy/lazy to come up with a meaningful gift this week. Usually we give out memorabilia. "

Azarial says, "No one came up with a gift item."

Kinaed nods at Rimilde.

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial gets a bag of dolls from pico, a text editor.

Emma claims, "A starving Southsider doll.."

Xain de Wright nods at azarial, then wince own eyes

Roald muses, "Oh so that cup holding thing is memoribal thing. so what do I do with it?"

Azarial queries, "Wou;dn;t that just be a stick?"

Kinaed queries, "Okay, next - Player Heartbeat! How has the RP been this week, folks? Anything you want Staff to have a look at?"

Emma states, "Save that for winter."

Zaerieth ponders.

Azarial gets a singed red and black linen and leather doll from a bag of dolls.

Misune states, "Rp has been ok this last week"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Takta claims, "Oh! I remembered Temi's other thing. It's a question for players, can wait for other player topics to be finished."

Roald states, "Yes I love the rp."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Azarial stops using a yew and dragonbone composite longbow with a griffin leather grip.

Azarial holds a singed red and black linen and leather doll in her hand.

Galen states, "RP has been pretty good! The upcoming lean winter has provided some good background for rumors and plot advances."

Kinaed claims to Roald, "Excellent to hear. :)"

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Xain de Wright says, "I think this is only the beginning, not climax yet."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Its ben all right. think I went a week with out a mage clensing.. so oh wait. there was zandar"

Kinaed nods at Xain.

Kinaed chuckles at Zaerieth Silverclaw.

Roald says, "Wait a mage is burnt every week ouch."

Takta states, "It's very variable."

Galen states, "They've been particularly frequent lately."

Takta says, "But lately we have had a, um, hot spot."

Kinaed says to Roald, "Nah, Zaerieth just has... a track record."

Zaerieth says to Roald, "Lately, it seems like it"

Azarial states, "Really, though, magic is a death sentence. it;s not if they catch you, but when."

Edward says, "Id be happy to be one if I could find one. Give more kindling for the winter."

Kinaed says, "It just depends on whether or not someone gets caught."

Kinaed grins at Edward.

Xain de Wright waves at Zaerith, smirking

Azarial waggles a singed red and black linen and leather doll.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, I think that probably wraps up the Player Heartbeat, so... Takta, want to ask Temi's question real quick?"

Roald says, "And I always seem to miss them all. I need to get mage burning say why do they all get cought. Can't they just do their stuff in the wilderness for ever."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Yes, and she got that little firebug, if I recall"

Azarial claims, "This ooc memoribilia commemorated a partiall toasted GI."

Takta says, "Okay. Temi's OTHER big thing has been this Famine plot, and she wanted to know if people were enjoying it."

Kinaed states to Roald, "They can."

Azarial stops using a singed red and black linen and leather doll.

Azarial puts a singed red and black linen and leather doll in a bag of dolls.

Takta states, "Or if people were feeling fatigue, etc."

Azarial puts a bag of dolls in pico, a text editor.

Roald claims, "Oops tried to say to things at once."

Mika says, "I'm really enjoying the famine plot as a backdrop"

Misune questions, "But where is the fun if you are alway hiding?"

Mika claims, "As a player"

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Galen claims, "I've been enjoying the famine plot! My alt has been a bit more involved in it."

Emma claims, "No fatigue so far."

Emma trails off, "Just cleared out a storage room for food..."

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz says, "I think it's a plot that has been getting people talking that don't typically talk, from what I've seen."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Its ben interesting, had to do a serman about no trust and what not"

Kinaed says, "Pleased to hear that. I hope the plot continues to unfold so well."

Xain de Wright sigh, "and the price goes up"

Misune sneezes loudly.

Emma ab Courtland pats hazelnut eyed fellow.

Galen claims, "Nasty rumors have been spreading, even about characters who are cute and innocent and universally beloved"

Takta states, "Sounds good! Glad you're all enjoying it. Plot ideas and suggestions can go to Temi. :)"

Galen claims, "Not talking about anyone in particular here"

Takta declaims, "That's it!"

Misune Levona coughs and whistles innocently

Kinaed asks, "Oh dear, nasty rumors you say?"

Kinaed chuckles.

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Mika pats Galen Fairweather.

Kinaed asks, "Okay, Player Topics - Misune, I think you had something?"

Kinaed states, "I think Misune is just typing an introduction to his topic."

Misune says, "Yes I am"

Kinaed smiles.

Feamanuslaewyn has lost link.

Misune says, "Yeah, I did. It was regarding renaming. With the change to the way renaming works, being a spell instead of something rpa can handle... Well basically what I am saying is that it has brought some rather surprising surprises. I don't really feel the helpfile gives a good understanding of what is 'Needed' going into it. For example the fact that it reduces your Con, Makes sense but it would be nice knowing that before going into it. Or the fact the process has a chance of killing your character. While something that makes sense again, would be nice having some prior warning in a helpfile"

Kinaed claims, "That's odd, I thought that stuff -was- in the help file... so I'll update it, no problems."

Takta claims, "The helpfile does mention death, but personally, I agree the size/scope of the constitution penalty should be clearer."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Tomas claims, "I know the con thing was mentioned way back when first discussing the renaming spell, surprised it wasn't in there"

Misune says, "Maybe the helpfile for the spell, but if you aren't the mage with the spell, you have no way of knowing"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Xain has lost link.

Galen pontificates, "I have a suggestion when Misune is done!"

Kinaed nods.

Emma claims, "Also have a suggestion and/or request after Galen, if we still have time."

Xain has reconnected.

Galen claims, "Mine's really tiny, it should be fine."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Misune trails off, "That was pretty much it for me... I just wanted to bring up that concern"

Kinaed states to Emma, "I have someone else after Galen, then will call on you."

Emma states, "...actually, this may better work on the forum."

Emma says, "Skip meeee."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Galen says, "I was just thinking that it'd be neat if certain commands that require you to be close to something or someone would move you to them first before trying it, instead of giving you an 'error' and making you move manually."

Kinaed says, "Okay, well - happy to fix the help file. Noted that the rename thing does affect con and have a chance of death - and that non-mages seeking a mage to help them rename may not know that."

Gaven wonders, "Just how much con do you lose?"

Galen says, "Like 'get' and 'give', for example."

Kinaed claims to Gaven, "15 or so."

Misune trails off, "It was about... 15 points I think"

Gaven states, "Holy"

Zaerieth queries, "Can you get it back?"

Kinaed states to Galen, "We want people to start being aware of where they're at; each change we make increases the importance of range."

Misune claims, "Yeah, it is a signifigant change, came as a surprise to me, was worried something had broken which lead to an awkward conversation with staff"

Takta states to Galen, "I think there is a slight concern there with some commands where the movement might be getting two turns for one, too."

Kinaed states, "I'm even thinking of adding code when people walk into a room that, if people are bunched around a door, they get messages."

Takta states, "I.e., you try to lock a door in a tense situation and fail because you're not beside it, that can give you a serious advantage if it auto-moves you."

Kinaed comforts Misune.

Kinaed states to Misune, "Sorry about that."

Galen finishes abruptly, "We can have it only work outside combat - anyway, I definitely think that movement and position could be more intuitive, though I know accomplishing that in a text medium is really difficult"

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Misune Levona shakes head "No worries kinaed, just part of the reason I feel more information in the helpfile would be nice, to prevent the awkward moments

Zaerieth says, "I agree with galen here."

Azarial states, "It was designed so that mages could not escape eternally. at best, you get four renames. if you screwed up that badly, it;s time to cassh in for death xp and try a new char."

Takta says, "A lot of times things are tense prior to combat actually beginning. But I agree with the concern."

Kinaed says, "Thanks for bringing it to our attention, I'll have a further think about it."

Takta says, "It drives me INSANE all the time, running into locked doors."

Kinaed queries to Galen, "Was that what you wanted to raise?"

Galen claims, "More than once I've had to step around a room manually to unlock a door."

Temi skips in down a rainbow, which sparkles away behind her. [OOC]

Temi sneaks in.

Kinaed smiles at Temi.

Misune Levona groans "Garden rooms are the worst."

Azarial claims, "I hvae a bug on sprinting in small rooms to work on; that may fix some of that."

Kinaed says, "You can 'move center' then approach the door to align yourself with a doorway."

Zaerieth states, "I hate, when I'm trying to mount my mob, and I have to approach the thing first. slightly anoying"

Takta states, "It is awkward that you have to move center first sometimes."

Galen claims, "I think that automatic approach for things like give / get / mount / etc out of combat would be more intuitive."

Misune trails off, "That is what I had to do on a prior character... everytime said character wanted to leave their home"

Kinaed claims, "Alas, I think these things are minor irritations, and in the grand scheme of things, range is beneficial."

Misune trails off, "Everytime..."

Galen states, "Same for unlocking doors."

Temi claims, "I normally just move south center or move east center or whatnot, straight off the bat/"

Takta claims, "I just worry about the kind of actions we get in 'tense time' right before combat. Perhaps some way to codewise recognize turns outside of combat."

Misune Levona jumps "When did you get here temi, you freakin ninja

Galen wonders, "Maybe some kind of 'tension' command?"

Takta states, "If that could be implemented then I think automatic approach for give/get/lock/mount/etc would be amazing."

Temi claims to Misune, "I just snuck in a moment ago. Had to be at the company picnic."

Takta nods at Galen.

Edward states, "Rode in on a rainbow. It was sweetn"

Emma claims, "Automatic approach for all of that would make my entire century, Takta."

Kinaed states to Galen, "I think an automatic approach thing will continue to hide a character's spacial position from the player, which players need to be aware of. It'll be easier until it messes something big up and gets someone killed."

Galen states, "We can still have it print out a message that says the character approaches."

Takta says, "Well, with those commands, you inevitably just manually approach anyway."

Takta says, "So this just combines the two commands that were going to happen anyway."

Galen claims, "It'd be just like typing 'move (person), give (thing) to (person)'."

Zaerieth states, "For me, lock, and unlock and mount are my anoying ones"

Gaven claims, "I know I get incredibly annoyed with mounting my horse half the time."

Takta claims, "I see red when I mount my horse, try to leave, a door is shut, and then I have to unmount. The most annoying thread in the game, mounting."

Takta grins.

Kinaed says, "Range is extremely complex, and I understand players would prefer an automated approach - as I said, we'll give it some thought. But, it's too complex to just agree to do in the OOC Chat meeting without thinking of the full range of ramifications - range touches heaps of systems."

Takta is, perhaps, easily frustrated.

Temi claims to Takta, "Or just order your mobs to open it for you."

Gaven states, "I wonder if I can make my dog open a door."

Misune wonders, "Can they do that?"

Takta states, "Human mobs, at least, can."

Galen claims, "Combat doesn't happen terribly often enough for every character to keep a common frustration wedged in the game for its benefit, in my opinion"

Misune says, "And dogs can't, know that for a fact"

Takta states, "But I rarely have retainers around."

Temi states, "On characters I have bodyguards tey do most of my doors"

Edward declaims, "Can a lemur open doors! Oh my god monkey doorman!""

Roald muses, "How is mounting and dismounting the worst strings?"

Takta states, "Just a personal annoyance of mine, not important."

Kinaed says to Roald, "I think that's a bit of an exaggeration."

Galen states, "I'm in favor of automatic positioning and the option for any player to initiate a command in a room that disables it when things get tense"

Kinaed says, "Just some shared frustration that we probably need to look at. But "worst"... eh."

Roald queries, "And also, off topic, but slightly relevent, where is the body guard shop in lithmore?"

Kinaed claims to Galen, "Yes, I've made some notes here about that."

Misune claims, "Helping hands"

Kinaed states, "I don't think it's going to be resolved in this chat though."

Galen declaims, "In any case, it's definitely something for staff to talk about and think over!"

Kinaed claims to Galen, "Thanks :)"

Takta claims to Roald, "Questions of that sort may be best saved for visnet rather than in the OOC meeting, just to help us move through topics. :)"

Galen states, "If movement and position is going to be more important, it needs to be easy as possible to wrangle."

Kinaed muses, "Ok, Zaerieth wanted to bring up inactive characters? Zaerieth, would you mind introducing us to your topic?"

Zaerieth nods.

Zaerieth states, "I posted this on the general board, but going to say it here. when I looked at the order roster, there was like, what 20 names that I've not seen, and only a few are showing up"

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth.

Kinaed has transferred Betty. [OOC]

Kinaed gives Betty some coins.

Misune Levona sighs wistfully "Ah guildlist...

Zaerieth says, "So, I'm going to give it a few days, and if you play an order member, please put some time in, otherwise I'm scrubbing out the list"

Gaven begins to count their money.

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth.

Gaven says, "Scrubadubdub"

Kinaed states, "I love Public Service Announcements. I have a few myself, actually."

Kinaed queries, "Anyone want to add anything before I launch into them? Emma, you wanted to be skipped, right?"

Misune Levona shall be filling in for the cricket today.

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, with no one jumping in..."

Emma states, "Yes please. Posting on the forum - too long winded for here."

Tomas says, "Uhm, I'm going to be in surgery and out for a week or two at most in 3 weeks. so if you have stuff to do with me, there is a timeline, then you have to wait"

Kinaed smiles.

Zaerieth nods.

Kinaed states to Tomas, "Thanks for letting us know. Also, if you let the staff know when you won't be available, we'll restore your GLA if you lose some of it for inactivity."

Zaerieth says to Tomas, "Good thing you have a backup"

Tomas says to Kinaed, "*nods* Will do. I'll send it today."

Kinaed states, "Firstly, I'd like to ask people to vote for TI using the link under the who list, or if you're willing to use the 'autovote' feature, which will remind you about once a day to vote. I know it's a weird thing to do, but it helps us raise our profile to increase the number of players you have to play with. "

Kinaed states, "Please consider doing so regularly."

Galen declaims, "It does work!"

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kinaed declares, "For certain!"

Roald says, "I am proof."

Misune says, "We are maintaining a strong 13"

Zaerieth says, "Reminds me. I still need to write a review"

Galen states, "I've noticed a bit uptick of new players since autovote was implemented and we've been climbing the ranks"

Kinaed says, "Also, I'd like to let people know that you can get QP by submitting pvents or TI-facts."

Kinaed smiles at Zaerieth.

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Zaerieth claims, "Ben moving.. so that slipped my mind"

Feamanuslaewyn is idle.

Kinaed claims to Zaerieth, "It's okay, there's no requirement - but we appreciate it."

Vistarch breathes in deeply and begins a strange ritual.
Vistarch relaxes as the ethereal forces are finally constrained.

Wind briefly swirls about Vistarch.

Kinaed claims, "You can also get QP for submitting lore about your RP so that we can document hour history in the game."

Kinaed says, "Okay, so that wraps up my public service announcements... one final thing."

Kinaed claims, "Last week we discussed wounds."

Misune Levona raises hand "Wait, what was that last thing?

Zaerieth Silverclaw nods to misune in agreement

Kinaed states, "There was some player angst about the (wounds is the last thing, Misune - we promised to revisit it this week) changes."

Misune claims, "Are you talking about lore like room specific lore, or lore about characters"

Kinaed says to Misune, "Any lore."

Misune Levona nods

Roald asks, "Where or how do you submit it?"

Zaerieth asks, "An example of lore?"

Takta states, "Request board"

Kinaed states to Roald, "Request board from the room that you want the lore added to."

Takta states, "Lore should be a brief snippet telling about something worth memorializing, usually in a specific room. For example, in a room: "In 365 SC, Blahblah and Soandso had an epic fight here. Bystanders were stunned and appalled as Blahblah sliced SoandSo in half.""

Kinaed trails off to Zaerieth, "Um, "On Februaris 4th, 354 SC the Grand Inquisitor, then Zaerieth, was attacked here....""

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Oh"

Kinaed states, ""It's said that the conspiracy of <blah> happened here>""

Kinaed says, "Back with wounds."

Kinaed states, "We promised to bring it back up and see how people were feeling about it. From going through the OOC Chat last week with a fine tooth comb, I'm still happy to green-light the specification at this time."

Roald gets 5 silver coins from a small cloth doctor holding out a tin cup in his left hand.

Kinaed queries, "So... any further questions, comments, concerns, etc about the wounds specification going in? Or has everything been addressed as well as it can be?"

Galen says, "I don't have any suggested changes to the wound spec! I think it's good that players will be able to heal on their own now."

Temi wonders, "Should we have Takta give everyone the five second synopsis?"

Gaven says, "I don't really remember what the complaints on it were."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Takta says, "I should note the spec everyone saw last week was an incomplete copy missing the first page - one that discussed how and why these changes were considered in the first place."

Kinaed nods at Gaven.

Takta looks at a book in his hands.

Takta drops a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Zaerieth says OOCly, "How do we rp healing on our own?"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Roald yells, "Wait really heal on our own?"

Takta claims, "If anyone would like to read that first page, there it is."

read spec
01: Priorities
02: Wound Categories and the Wound Chart
03: Wound Recovery and HP Changes
04: Modifiers for Wound Recovery
Tomas studies a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Kinaed claims to Roald, "Right now, you'll heal HP, but your wounds don't heal unless they're treated."

Zaerieth gets a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Roald says, "Oops sorry no need to yell."

read spec 01
You do not see that here.

Zaerieth looks at a book in her hands.

Galen says, "And the max HP reduction is a good call. I think it should make people think twice before fighting, even if they know they can win."

Zaerieth looks at a book in her hands.

Kinaed states to Roald, "This spec makes it so that player's wounds will heal (slowly) over time without treatment, or relatively quickly with treatement."

Takta states, "Please leave it on the ground when you read it, so others can read."

Takta claims, "I only dropped the one copy."

Kinaed states, "It only applies to combat where wounds are received, specifically excluding safe attacks (ie, sparring)."

Roald looks at a book in his hands.

Gaven questions, "How are safe attacks going to be affected?"

Zaerieth drops a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Kinaed says to Gaven, "Not at all. Wounds are not accumulated during sparring."

Roald studies a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Gaven wonders, "Are they going to just remain as they currently are?"

Takta states, "Safe attacks will simply no longer leave wounds."

get spec
Tomas gets a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Misune Levona shall withhold his opinions on this until it's had a chance to breath and be tried

read 1
Tomas examines a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.
Subject: Priorities

Date: Fri Jul 17 01:50:48 2015

Eldes, Septembris 22, 366

Reasons for these changes:

1) To give Treat skill above 36 some additional value to incentivize the
Physicians.

2) To encourage better roleplay of injuries as actual meaningful wounds.

3) To give wound durations a slightly more reasonable IC length and avoid
eating one's wounds away.

4) To more realistically represent the disadvantages of being wounded in
combat.

5) To make it easier for players to comprehend how injured their PCs are
during the course of healing at any time by using a familiar metric - HP.

Galen states, "I think players being weakened meaningfully from getting in fights opens up a lot of strategy too - like waiting until an opponent is weak from a fight to make a move, etc."

Tomas drops a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Zaerieth studies a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Kinaed states, "Rather than leading to unconsciousness and the ability to finish a player, safe combat leads to exhaustion and the need to stop fighting, etc. Wounds from safe attacks are limited to bruising."

Edward studies a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Zaerieth studies a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Takta states, "...Or safe attacks will, as current, only leave the weakest category wound and be limited at max 20% of hp."

Takta nods at Galen.

Kinaed says, "None of the serious wounds - I should be a bit more clear about that."

Takta says, "Right, suddenly getting hurt should -matter- and people should have to think twice if it's worth the risk."

Rimilde studies a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Rimilde studies a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Xain is idle.

Takta claims, "The biggest changes are 1) wounds have new, RP-friendly labels; 2) your max HP is lowered by being wounded; 3) not all people with Medicine skill can treat any wound - difficult wounds require more skill."

Takta states, "Also, 4) wounds will now heal untreated, albeit slowly, and 5) wounds will no longer disappear just from eating/resting/sleeping/drinking, but over a period of time never greater than 7 IRL days if treated."

Kinaed claims, "Anyway, we had a few players deeply upset by the wounds spec. I read everything the players said and put together a statement after discussion with the other staff on the General Board. This is just checking in to see if there was more we wanted to discuss."

Misune asks, "Ah this reminded me... how many actual physicians do we have currently that would be able to treat the highest wound?"

Takta states, "Four or five active."

Galen claims, "I imagine it's comparable to the amount of warriors we have that could inflict a highest-level wound."

Misune questions, "Who can handle that category of wound, or just active?"

Takta states, "Who can ahndle it and are active."

Kinaed says, "We also said if we found people weren't active or available to treat, we'd put an NPC option in."

Misune Levona nods

Kinaed states, "At this time, we believe it's not necessary, however."

Takta says, "There is definitely no shortage of PC options at the moment. *grin*"

Gaven claims, "Is it possible to maybe get a new physician ability for those physicians who aren't max level who are in a really bad situation? "Stabilize" that stops the wounds from progressing/stopping blood flow, etc. Essentially, basic EMT training until they can get them to a master physician."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Is the dicicalty of treat, based on the level of the dock?"

Takta claims to Gaven, "That would be done via RP."

Takta states, "And also, bind will still exist to stop blood flow."

Gaven trails off, "But don't people still bleed ou....ah okay"

Temi claims, "No one should ever die from a wound (unless they want to RP it), I believe."

Takta claims, "People don't actually lose HP from bleeding or run the risk of bleeding out in any codewise way."

Takta questions to Zaerieth, "Can you rephrase that question, please?"

Zaerieth ponders.

Emma states, "Eep, need to run."

Kinaed nods at Emma.

Emma has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Zaerieth asks, "So, I get a nasty wound. is there a level of wound that a person can't treat?"

Takta says to Zaerieth, "Yes, if your wound is very serious and your doctor is not a professional."

Zaerieth says, "Zaeri forexample, has a 36 in medicine"

Temi states, "I don't think there's any level of wound beyond the ability of anyone to treat, but 36 would't be enough for the worst wounds."

Zaerieth wonders, "For example.. what would that be able to treat, or does that matter?"

Takta claims to Zaerieth, "With a 36, you will be able to treat most wounds, but not likely able to treat a wound if somebody is knocked out by a single wound."

Betty says, "I'm sort of interested in policy on RP'ing noncoded illness"

Temi exclaims to Betty, "Totally encouraged, have fun!"

Misune trails off, "Oh I do have one question actually takta... how does this solve the problem you're trying to fix, which is people actually rping their wounds? Even if you stick a fancy little flag next to it, and reduce hp because of it, doesn't seem like it makes it any more likely for people to actually rp the wound... afterall can just get it treated, and ignore it after that until it heals"

Kinaed says to Betty, "You can just do it."

Takta claims to Misune, "You will at least have a reason not to, say, jump right back into combat after being wounded."

Temi says, "Herbalists have a lot of RP-focused medicines at their disposal too."

Takta says, "Also, part of the RP thing is just changing the labels."

Galen claims, "If characters codedly suffer from wounds, they'll be more inclined to RP them, I think."

Takta says, "It's easier for people to RP a broad swath of heavily burned skin than 'a serious burn wound'."

Kinaed nods her agreement.

Zaerieth claims to Misune, "Ask zaeri, her rp is basicly she will fight with wounds.. even at the anoyence of docktors"

Mika claims, "Or "bruises" and "a broken bone" vs "a bash wound" and "a critical bash wound""

Takta states, "You'll see the priority page has multiple different priorities we're trying to achieve, and each part of the system factors in to different parts of those goals."

Takta nods at Mika.

Misune Levona nods "Fair enough response."

Betty says, "I wonder if we should write more pvents relating to illness, so doctors get more rp"

Kinaed states, "Does everyone who wants a copy of the wounds spec have it? We're past the hour, and happy for you to take the spec and read it over, then get back to us."

Betty states, "Unless doctors are overwhelmed with rp"

Takta gets a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Takta has created a volume named the Wound Spec - Current[10].

Takta drops the following:
( 10)a volume named the Wound Spec - Current

Kinaed states, "This change is awhile off, just because we have some high priority items on our plates at the moment."

Takta claims, "Take if desired."

Misune studies a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Misune gets a volume named the Wound Spec - Current.

Zaerieth asks of Takta, "You mean, like zaeri's burns? its realy hard to know how to rp some wounds"

Takta claims to Zaerieth, "This should help. You'll have a full description of the wound."

Galen exclaims, "System messages relating to wounds might help, I think!"

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kinaed claims to Galen, "Making a note."

Takta claims, "System messages relating to wounds are another part we should consider and probably add, for sure."

Takta says, "Letting people know how bad they feel."

Galen says, "I.E. 'Galen feels his leg ache as he rests his weight on it for a moment', or the like"
Takta grins.

Kinaed nods solemnly.

Zaerieth states, "That would help"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, we're 10 minutes over the top of the hour. Anything else before we wrap up?"

Galen claims, "I imagine they could be visible only to the players themselves, but maybe particularly severe wounds could cause involuntary room-visible messages"

Galen states, "There is precedent for that with things like characters sneezing"

Roald states, "That sounds like a good idea. Can this be added for burns and stuff like that that you might know how they exactly are supposed to feel like or broken bones. Never broke a bone before."

Kinaed nods at Galen.

Kinaed nods at Roald.

Edward claims, "Roald, it hurts."

Misune Levona rolls eyes

Kinaed states, "I think it's a great idea. Staff will discuss what the messages might be, how often, etc, after."

Zaerieth states, "Exactly, same with burns, zaeri had two of them, both third degree, but I had no clue how to rp it"

Misune claims, "Maybe they should be like the pregnancy messages, upon log in"

Roald sneezes loudly.

Vistarch claims, "Ask your doctor if you're unsure! They might know a thing or two about actual wounds."

Kinaed says, "Alright! I'm going to call the chat over! Feel free to continue discussing in tells or on the OOC Channel, but everyone needs to get back to their regularly scheduled programming. :)"

Roald states, "And thanks Kinaed and other staff."

Kinaed says, "Thanks again for coming, everyone."

Kinaed waves cheerfully.

• Information