Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Sawyer questions, "You're not a Belieber, Sikod?"

Sikod Mehtap pontificates, "No!"

Kinaed claims, "Let's begin."

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Kinaed claims to Tomas, "Please strike all Beiber references from the file. :P (j/k)"

Takta grins.

Sawyer declaims, "Objection!"

Tuon Sugiyama states, "Bieber must die. Slowly. Joffery style."

Kinaed says, "I found Joffery's death anticlimatic."

Kinaed says, "The problem is probably that I read the books prior, however."

Kinaed claims, "Okay, no one has anything they want to raise? Let's kick off Staff Updates."

Verrin Jeweler asks, "That happened far to long ago to go full spoilers on it didn't it?"

Kinaed claims, "I've been mostly busy with routine staff work, like going through the request board, actioning the request queue, etc."

Tuon Sugiyama says, "It was better in the books"

Kinaed claims, "I'm still working on eavesdropping and roles, which I'd like to complete ASAP, but real life is seriously getting in the way."

Kinaed states, "That ends my update, sorry it's brief. Give me a moment, and I'll give Az's in absentia."

Kinaed declaims, "I see a lot of routine bug fixes since last week. You can now reject a message back to its original owner with a message of your own attached that will appear to come from a standard messengar (message reject <message>) like 'message reject I couldn't find Kinaed anywhere!'"

Kinaed states, "When characters are liquidated, private notices go out to their guild mates and spouses to let them know that the character has gone missing."

Kinaed says, "That's about it that'd be noticeable. Oh! Please check up the updates to 'Help Validation' as the criteria that staff check PKs against for validity has *minorly* updated. (Just a wording change)"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up."

Temi states, "Well, I didn't quite meet my goal of getting all the elixir experiments for magecrafting done, so there's only one of those left now."

Temi claims, "So that will be the one from 55 to 71 ranks."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes claims, "Ok thank you."

Temi says, "Hoping to finish it this weekend. We'll see. And I've been doing lots of RPA that piled up over the week I'm gone."

Takta gives a tall lean man with bright blue eyes some coins.

Tuon Sugiyama needs to get supper on for his minion.

Temi says, "Not really much else. Busy RL"

Tuon Sugiyama begins to descend.

Tuon Sugiyama leaves down.

Kinaed claims to Takta, "You're up."

Takta trails off, "Okay! So..."

Takta says, "Lots of miscellaneous work, a demon summoning or two, but most importantly, the skyway."

Sawyer grins with excitement!

Takta claims, "The skeleton is essentially finished, clocking in just above 400 rooms - maybe 275 sky, 125 rooftop. More rooftop rooms may be added here and there, but rooftop transit should be reasonably doable."

Kinaed states, "Niiiice."

Aios Draiski wonders to Takta, "Are there scooter ramps for big-boned travelers?"

Takta states, "I've enlisted about six players so far to write descs, each having been assigned to 10 rooms a person and two having fully delivered so far."

Takta says to Aios Draiski, "Alas. Time for Ye Old Diette."

Aios Draiski laughs.

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes says, "Is this planned in future or has happened already. I saw one yesterday. Wished I could have participated. But that will come soon along I guess."

Takta claims, "The skyway is not YET open; exits to it are supposed to be hidden, but building so many rooms, I can forget."

Takta says, "Please write a typo board note if you see an exit."

Takta states, "I am... hopeful but far from certain that I can deliver it by September or so; we'll have to see. Some new code will have to be planned and implemented as well to allow for jumping across sky rooms and to test for dex to manage exits."

Takta claims, "That's it! Oh: Event after this meeting, Town Hall Event Ballroom."

Takta states, "All are invited. :)"

Kinaed beams.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, I think that's all of the staff that are here, so any questions on Staff Updates before we move on?"

Kinaed questions, "Everyone happy with the PK validation criteria in Help Validation?"

Verrin Jeweler says, "Looks pretty clear cut."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes states, "Reasonable."

Takta says, "I had questions"

Roderick dul Helayn asks, "I have one question about PK's if you don't mind?"

Kinaed says to Verrin Jeweler, "It's pretty well established - the change was saying that the person PKing you didn't have to explicitly tell you in the scene if the reasoning is obvious - but clearly if the reason might not be obvious, they have to make sure that the victim is aware of why it is happening, so disclosure will be required in that case."

Kinaed wonders to Roderick dul Helayn, "Absolutely, what's on your mind?"

Kinaed says to Takta, "Also, happy to answer your questions also."

Takta states, "What does it mean for a death to be invalidated? I was under the impression a death was only invalidated when it reversed the death and left the player alive - that's what codewise invalidation does. The helpfile seems to imply that if one of those criteria isn't met, then, the death will be reversed... but that seems a bit drastic, and the later part of the helpfile seems to suggest by mentioning compensation that in some cases an invalidated death will actually stand. So I'm confused."

Roderick dul Helayn wonders, "How do crimes of passion fall into the PK policy? I notice that you have to wait a certain amount of time after cnoted but if someone does something incredibly stupid that would normally warrant something like that from a character, do they still wait and have to turn it into a premeditated thing?"

Kinaed claims to Takta, "If a death is invalid, we handle it on a case by case basis. Sometimes it is the reversal of the death and an alternative ending, sometimes it's the death completed and compensation given to the player of the dead character. It depends a lot on what the player wants and what is best for the game."

Temi states, "Help pkill has some details on things that can make you not need to premeditate"

Roderick dul Helayn muses, "So the only instances of it come in the form of self defense?"

Takta states to Kinaed, "I think right now the helpfile does imply if one of those criteria is missing the death is nulled, period, and I wonder if maybe a clarifying edit would help - or not using the term invalid, since that's the code command to say 'you didn't die, come back to life'."

Sawyer claims, "I had something of a concern regarding pkilling and mage awakening, if now is a good time to bring it up"

Temi states, "Self defense means more responding to those strong factors, not necessarily that you feel your life is in danger."

Kinaed states to Roderick dul Helayn, "Generally speaking, if you get angry at someone and want to kill them out of anger, you're expected to cnote it and go back. This is to ensure that PKs don't happen because a person is OOCly angry along with their character - for example, the proverbial murder your boss because he asked you to get him a cup of coffee... yes, it angered you, but it's probably something that wouldn't realistically result in a PK."

Temi states, "But it is in response to something they do, that meets those criteria, not just deciding it's passionate enough for your character to do it right away."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes says, "I am reading help PK and it is pretty expansive and saying the same and much more."

Kinaed says to Sawyer, "Sure, this is exactly the right time to bring it up :)"

Kinaed says, "Oh yeah, there are exemptions for self defense and whatnot."

Kinaed states, "I believe those are detailed in help PK. If someone's trying to kill you, all bets are off."

Sawyer claims, "I'm a bit worried that sacrifice could be used as a means to bypass the normal requirements for PK"

Sawyer claims, "So someone wants to kill another player for vague reasons, and uses sacrifice as the reason"

Temi claims, "Sacrifice would require cnotes unless it meets self defense requirements."

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "Is sacrifice playable?"

Temi says, "Cnotes and prior meditation, I mean"

Aios Draiski asks, "In that self defense list it says "A PC attempts to restrain/arrest another PC" - does that mean either side can then kill the other without 24 hour cnotice if the attempt fails? Or is it only the resisting person that is considered to be defending?"

Kinaed claims, "They still have to have cnotes, and sacrifice also ensures that there's a minimal familiarity (amount of RPxp gained) with the sacrificed player in question before it will work."

Kinaed states to Aios Draiski, "Only the resisting person."

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "So, what. they take you, build up to the sacrifice?"

Kinaed states to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "That'd be a possibility, I'd think."

Takta muses, "Oh, another question. Before, if a PC does not contest the PK - if they say 'it's okay, I earned that' - we haven't always demanded every criteria be met. Does this change mean every criteria will be examined even if the killed person does not contest or says they're fine with it? Or does the checklist only get considered if the person contests the kill?"

Sawyer queries, "Would the cnotes require a sound reason for sacrificing that specific person? As in, why is a player being sacrificed, and not a "random victim" NPC?"

Takta claims to Sawyer, "Yeah."

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "No.. if both sides agree, I say let it go. also, does this change include executions?"

Temi says, "Sacrifice is thematically supposed to be someone close to you."

Kinaed states to Takta, "No, it's exactly the same. This help file has existed for years. When you go into the dead room, it says "Is this PK valid? Please check against Help Validation. If you're concerned that the PK is not valid, notify staff immediately via pboard". I only check the PK for validity if a player complains."

Takta claims to Kinaed, "Gotcha. The helpfile change made me think it was a big policy shift."

Sawyer states, "Ah roger, okay I think that clears up my concerns"

Kinaed claims to Sawyer, "Random Victim cnotes are fine. "I met Bob, Bob seemed like a doable candidate" is acceptable, provided Bob is explicitly named."

Sikod Mehtap is idle.

Kinaed states, "Yeah, the only change to the help file was the change to whether or not a dialogue needs to happen during the death - well, it should happen if a PKer, for any reason, suspects that the victim has no idea why they're being killed."

Kinaed says, "Otherwise, if everyone in the pbase knows that this death was likely, including the victim, the victim can't say they weren't given the PK explanation in the death scene, so it's invalid."

Kinaed muses, "Okay, if that wraps up Staff Updates, I think it's time for us to move on to Player Heartbeat! How's the RP been lately? Everyone having fun?"

Sawyer says, "That concerns me a bit, because it seems as if that could be used to do a retribution PK. So say someone makes a character, their character is killed by Bob, a real player, because their character did something that warranted it. Then they create a new character, McGuffins, and McGuffins meets Bob, and then McGuffins conveniently wants to sacrifice Bob"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes queries, "How do you truely start RPing with people?"

Kinaed says to Sawyer, "That would most likely be caught. Retribution PK is against the rules, period. If a player told me they thought they were targetted for retribution and it smelled like that, it'd be invalidated."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes says, "I was told type whereRP but it just seems strange just strolling to the middle of someone elses RP."

Temi declaims, "Not strange at all! Just consider the place you're going to"

Kinaed states, "To be honest, I can't recall a retribution PK on TI in the entire time I've been Implementor - or at least none that were complained about."

Sawyer states, "Okay great, thanks Kinaed :) I'm assuaged. "

Temi says, "An inn or square or something, totally acceptable and expected"

Kinaed smiles at Sawyer.

Zaerieth Silverclaw says to Kinaed, "For me, its ben ok. things have calmed, not as intense."

Takta states to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "And it can help to think about why you're there."

Tomas claims, "RP is pretty good so far for me. some exciting stuff, some planning, some plotting. Also been thinking about rp in general more and getting some ideas after I went on my late night article reading spree (articles shared on the forums)"

Temi states, "Wandering into someone's house, probably stranger... that might be more someone you know and can send a messenger to, etc."

Takta says to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "Make up a reason to be going somewhere, or a specific thing for a scene to be about."

Kinaed claims, "If people are visible on whereRP, which for the most part they control, it's an INVITATION for others to come play."

Takta says, "Maybe your PC's feeling ill or sad or lonely, maybe they're lost, maybe they're after something."

Sawyer states, "I think in getting RP, it's important to remember that IC conflict, (I.e being rude and butting into a conversation) is vastly different from OOC rudeness."

Kinaed claims, "Make up an excuse as to why your character is there, as flimsy as you like, and go RP. If they want to avoid other people coming into the scene, believe me, people will turn it off."

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz says OOCly, "I'm finding there is a lot going on, and a lot going on in public places drawing people to scenes they might not typically find. "

Tomas claims to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "It can be as simple as, hey, I got lost, how do I find -blah- maybe check help roster for a specific store you find interesting or maybe your character wants a drink and got lost trying to find a bar"

Sikod Mehtap is no longer idle.

Sikod Mehtap has returned from AFK.

Verrin Jeweler says, "Getting some healthy conflict in my RP, really furthering define the borders and motivations of my character lately :)"

Sawyer claims, "So while it might be rude in RL to go barge into a conversation, and it might be treated as rude by the characters, OOCly people probably won't mind, as long as you are being respectufl on an OOC level"

Kinaed says OOCly, "Good to hear, I hope that continues. :)"

Kinaed nods at Sawyer.

Takta says to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "And always try to involve yourself. Don't wait for others to address you - address them. Like Sawyer says, people totally won't mind."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes claims, "Oh ok. I will try harder."

Kinaed states, "Entering a scene isn't necessarily interupting unless your character actually ICly interrupts too. It's not like when you're talking to your friend at the mall and a stranger walks by, that you feel interrupted."

Mika exclaims, "Sorry i'm late!"

Sawyer claims, "I think that's a good point. Also in olden times, without the internet and texting, random conversation was probably more common"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes says, "Hello."

Azarial nods.

Sawyer claims, "Without all those emojis to hide behind."

Kinaed says, "You can also address people peripherally to draw them in. Like, don't interrupt their talk, but address them in an emote by 'emote walks nearby Kinaed, giving a slight nod' for example - let's them know you want to RP with them but are seeking to naturally join it rather than barge in."

Azarial says, "And without weather sats, conversation about the weather was often how you learned about it"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes nods.

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes claims, "Oh that could be nice. I felt like on my last atempt I was kind of barging in even though it was in a public place."

Kinaed declaims, "Okay, that covers Player Heartbeat - my favorite time, Player Topics!"

Sawyer says, "Yeah Kinead, even emoting in the same room with just a couple of other people in it, is usually a good way to indicate you're wanting rp with them"

Takta states, "If you make things fun for other people, by being lively and drawing them in and giving them stuff to do? Everyone will want to RP with you. Of course there's an art to doing that without being obnoxious, but just always make sure you're thinking about contributing to a scene and you'll find it surprisingly easy to fit in. :)"

Kinaed smiles at a tall lean man with bright blue eyes.

Mika states, "This is why bartender is such a good job to have"

Kinaed says, "We're an RP game. Everyone's XP is fuelled by people coming to RP with other people; believe me, you'll be welcome in most scenes."

Kinaed says, "Okay, I had a few tells from people who want to discuss topics that are a bit touchy."

Zaerieth Silverclaw nods.

Kinaed states, "I want to remind everyone that no one means offense to anyone when they raise these things, so please check any personal feelings if you think someone is talking about you - there's a good chance that they're not talking about you, but in a general sense have a concern that they're raising."

Kinaed states, "So, on that note - apparently there's a bit of a concern about Orderites being able to play mages. Particularly, there's the question if this is a bearable conflict of interest."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes queries, "Orderites?"

Shasa le Dumitru waves.

Azarial claims, "We had blocked against dual guilding manus-order across an account, but haven;t really blocked mages and orderites"

Emma ab Courtland claims, "I tend to feel the Order and Knights are both conflict of interesty as mages. Same as Reeves and Brotherhood."

Takta claims to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "Priests and Inquisitors."

Takta claims, "Order and Knights are CoI...y... but the problem is just playerbase, I think."

Kinaed states, "Staff don't, at this time, prevent Orderites from playing mages and vice versa. We like to think people are mature enough to keep their characters separate. I think that's partly borne out by the fact that a current Orderite apparently chose to bow out of RP related to themselves, as per policy requirements, so I'm happy to hear that."

Tomas claims, "Yeah I can see a conflict with a knight/order and mages, same as with reeve/brotherhood."

Temi claims, "We've considered it before, and we do no let them be in mage guilds and Order"

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz says, "Yeah KnightOrder and Mages seems a bit COI to me, same with ReeveBrother like Tomas said:)

Tomas claims to Takta, "The small playerbase can make the problem worse too. if there are say 2-3 knights or priests. which we have now. if even one of them also plays a mage that's 1/3 of the guild that can't do the guild function"

Temi claims, "But just being mages... if you couldn't have a mage and an orderite character... we find people give up the orderite instead of the mage and we don't get any."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes queries, "Orderites?"

Azarial says, "Members of the order guild"

Shasa le Dumitru says, "I'll point blank give up the knight/orderite before a mage"

Takta nods at Temi.

Takta nods at Shasa le Dumitru.

Mika says to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "Priests and Inquisitors, members of the Holy Order"

Tomas asks, "Well maybe if the mages weren't like... rabbid frothing mages out causing havoc?"

Temi says to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "Our religious, anti-mage sorts."

Takta claims, "This is the problem, really. Most players have mage alts, mages are so popular."

Kinaed states to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "The Order is the inquisitorial group that heads up The Inquisition and roots out mages to cleanse (burn them at the stake)."

Aios Draiski trails off, "On a previous incarnation of TI there was a mage that became pretty high profile, but the best combat-y Knight was the same player, so it was kinda a standstill... They couldn't send their best Knight after their worst enemy Mage"

Emma ab Courtland says, "Out of the two, Knights feel to me like the bigger CoI.."

Takta claims, "Limiting guilding on the account level means we suddenly have a lot of trouble."

Azarial nods at Takta.

Kinaed muses to Aios Draiski, "I think that might have been me?"

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "Frankly, if people can't keep the chars seporate, that's on them. and it should be handled as such. I know when there was a conflict, the person in question told me, don't ask me to handle this. and explained why"

Takta states, "Knight and Order are already understaffed."

Azarial exclaims, "We don;t quite have the pbase for that yet. vote more!"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes muses, "You meen a person making a mage char, and then making that mage char an orderite? Is this the issue?"

Kinaed asks of Aios Draiski, "Aurian/Elaseth?"

Aios Draiski states to Kinaed, "Maybe twice then ;) Was thinking of someone else though."

Takta claims to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "No, the same player having a mage and an Orderite, separate characters."

Emma ab Courtland claims, "What Aios said. Excellent example of why it's troublesome. Not so much people not being able to separate their characters as the bowing out and standstill being jarring."

Takta says, "The problem being their Orderite knows all about people hunting for their mage."

Kinaed states, "For my part, when I got caught, I went along quietly. Just a head's up. Well, mostly quietly."

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz pauses, "Could staffplayer limit what information they get incase there is a crossover or would that be a logistical nightmare?

Azarial claims, "I cannot code limit it."

Sawyer claims, "I think the issue isn't that people would be purposfully manipulating the system to their advantage, but that it is very difficult to be so disciplined as to not at all pay attention to that information"

Mika states, "It makes sense cause mages are awesome and can do fun stuff -- i think roles will potentially be able to help a lot with giving knights and orderites fun things only they can do"

Mika nods at Sawyer.

Temi says, "If you know someone has a certain alt, feel free not to tell their alt about them, to make it easier on them."

Takta states to Rimilde von Rievirkrintz, "No way we could do that."

Kinaed claims to Rimilde von Rievirkrintz, "Logistical nightmare."

Temi claims, "But we don't require people divulge their alts"

Tomas claims, "It's also just. I play a mage, my mage casts spells on people. People summon my priest because omg mage"

Zumini de Moradar states to Rimilde von Rievirkrintz, "That is what cnotes are suppose to be fore."

Tomas says, "Because I am that mage who did that, I cannot get involved"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes claims, "But magery is hard. That could push people away."

Rimilde von Rievirkrintz nods "Just brainstorming..."

Kinaed nods at a tall lean man with bright blue eyes.

Shasa le Dumitru claims, "I'm to the point where i won't play an inquisitor because i've played a mage so much"

Sawyer says, "Personally I think that the small amount of unfair advantage mages would get by being an orderite is kind of a necessary evil"

Takta claims, "Honestly? This is a cure's worse than the disease scenario."

Takta states, "The Knights and Order are both underpopulated right now."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes asks, "How many knights?"

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "Very much so.."

Sawyer states, "Hmmmm"

Roderick dul Helayn says, "Well, the Cardinals seem to drop like flies."

Temi nods in agreement with Takta.

Roderick dul Helayn claims, "So that may be part of the Order being understaffed"

Temi claims, "In a perfect world, we'd limit it."

Temi says, "But I don't think we can without making things worse."

Tomas questions, "I can think of... 2 active knights, 3 semi-active?"

Takta claims, "Not only will people drop their Knight/Order PCs, they'll avoid them in the future if they can't have mages."

Takta nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "I tend to agree with Takta. I also haven't seen anything in our current Orderite base to say that there's a problem. I'd be more inclined to deal with a person who isn't keeping their IC info separated and was getting involved in their own cases on a case-by-case basis rather than to put out a blanket rule that would be bad for the game."

Takta states, "3 active PCs in the Knights' guild right now."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes claims, "I believe I could handle being a knight."

Shasa le Dumitru asks, "I agree with Takta. i worry about limiting roles for mages especially by account. i mean, should you be able to have a mage and a knight? or be a GL? wouldn't that create conflict of interests technically?"

Shasa le Dumitru says, "Err, i mean a noble"

Tomas queries, "Is there a way to try and incentivize orderites/knights more?"

Kinaed states, "That said, I think it's fair to let the Order know there are people concerned about it so they can act with awareness to the consideration."

Zumini de Moradar says, "If any one wants my opinion, I like the idea, myself. I mean given the Aios situation, lets grow another good knight. There are dirty cops all the time so maybe having someone playing both sides of the coin might add some interestig drama.""

Emma ab Courtland wonders, "Say the Earl Marshall or Grand Inquisitor have mage alts. The mage alts are on the brink of having final warrants issued or executions confirmed. What would the GLs do in that situation? They do have to sign off on it, right?"

Roderick dul Helayn asks, "When was the last time we had a dirty cop?"

Kinaed claims, "Or if anyone has any particularly great idea about what we can do to alleviate the issue overall, that'd be great - but maybe we should raise those suggestions on the forums? It may be a long term discussion."

Zumini de Moradar looks at Zaerieth Silverclaw, "Damn! Emma found us out!"

Emma ab Courtland gasps at Zumini de Moradar.

Kinaed is somewhat behind people's says so is reading backscroll.

Tomas says to Zumini de Moradar, "I don't think the issue is of someone having the same character be a mage and a knight, but two different characters"

Temi states, "They shouldn't say anything and let them do whatever. Any sort of input besides "Do what you need to do" would be a crossover"

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "I'd defer it to the other gl. that's why I never created a mage ult until I had another gl"

Sawyer says, "I would hope that someone who has accumulated enough rp time to be a grand inquisitor or earl marshall would be mature enough to do their duty"

Temi says, "And they shuold expect that having both"

Tomas says, "If you can get your mage high up in the inquisition/knighthood more power to you"

Sawyer claims, "And if they don't, they'd probably be kicked out of their position"

Emma ab Courtland states, "Well, right, they'd do their duty, but it's alt-crossing."

Aios Draiski states to Tomas, "Same char is different than same player."

Shasa le Dumitru claims, "But you can't really block one without blocking the other i don't think"
Aios Draiski says to Tomas, "I think the issue is not "a mage being a Knight" but a player who has a mage knowing what the Knights have on them. Or similarly Reeves/BCG, whatever."

Sawyer says, "Well presumably they sign lots of warrants and such, so it seems a minimal case of alt crossing"

Tomas says to Aios Draiski, "I know that. the way zumini talked it sounded like same character mentioning dirty cops"

Tomas claims to Aios Draiski, "I know, that is just what I was saying aios"

Aios Draiski states, "Ah gotcha."

Sawyer claims, "As long as they don't use it as a way to advantage either character"

Emma ab Courtland claims, "I'm of the understanding that even if you're affecting your alt negatively, you shouldn't be doing it."

Sawyer says, "Like "oh you want Bob executed? Well, first get me some coffee and donuts, you know, from that little shop in Farin, should only take you guys a few weeks. A month at most.""

Kinaed says, "In a worst case situation, if people believe someone is not keeping their IC and OOC knowledge separate, please contact staff."

Emma ab Courtland trails off, "I suppose you could be sick for the week and have the 2nd GL field it..."

Aios Draiski says to Emma ab Courtland, "Always hard in that situation, because by NOT acting, the person would be benefiting their alt too. But yeah hopefully there is someone to give the issue to."

Kinaed nods at Emma ab Courtland.

Emma ab Courtland nods. Exactly!

Sawyer claims, "Well I think it's impossible to NEVER have any alt crossover, even if you are trying your hardest not to have it happen"

Sawyer says, "Like people mentioning your alt to your alt, etc."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes wonders, "Is t he need for order members desperate?"

Kinaed states to Sawyer, "I agree, but there are definitely people who are more mature about it than otherwise."

Zaerieth Silverclaw nods at Roderick dul Helayn.

Azarial claims, "Almost always. they are the core to theme in many ways"

Zaerieth Silverclaw states, "Put it this way. we only have two, who are reasonably active"

Sawyer claims, "And I think having alts helps the game, because the pbase is small"

Kinaed claims to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "I don't think so - I think who we have at the moment is pretty good and pretty active - it's just that it's a small guild."

Takta states, "I don't know that I'd agree, Kin. We do have great, active players, but just not enough."

Azarial claims, "Plus more orderites means more hands when someone has to go handsoff on a case"

Takta muses, "To everyone here, really... if you've ever considered playing an Orderite... or even if you haven't... why not give it a go? ;)"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes claims, "I am willing to restart somehow if you like."

Zaerieth Silverclaw claims to Kinaed, "We have, two active players.. at most. and maybe one, who pops in every once in a while"

Sawyer asks, "I'd be happy to make an app for an order character, but I'm worried I'd have to flake out at some point. Would it still be okay to give it a go?"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes says, "I am not happy with what I did with myself and the hypocracy."

Emma ab Courtland states, "I tried a Priestess once. Had to say a prayer at mass. Collapsed under the weight of personal awkwardness and went inactive. >.>"

A roughly dipped tallow candle with a thick twine wick flares momentarily blue in a tall lean man with bright blue eyes's hands.

Temi states, "No character is expected to be permanent."

Temi claims, "If you don't have time no, don't do it. If you'll not have time or interest in the future, meh. It happens."

Sawyer states, "Part of me finds the high rate of turnover within the order to be hilariously and sharply accurate"

Kinaed says to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "We all make mistakes. It's cool that you learn from them and get better. The natural inclination is not to do something that's bad for your character, it's a matter of learning how it effects the environment and agreeing to the pact of what RP is supposed to be about that lets people stop playing to win and start playing for story."

Kinaed claims to Sawyer, "Yes, I think it'd be fine to give it a go. If you flake, you're no worse than the millions that came before, and it could be just the most interesting thing to you (ie, not everyone flakes)."

Shasa le Dumitru muses, "I never understood the concept, anyways. how do you "win" in this game? i mean, really"

Takta claims to Shasa le Dumitru, "Get rich, sleep with everyone, and have the best-attended funeral."

Temi states, "However... don't create a character you aren't interested in."

Temi says, "It never works."

Temi grins.

Kinaed states to Shasa le Dumitru, "You don't, but in individual trials, people often feel it's a win/lose situation and begin to play achieving their goal as such."

Shasa le Dumitru says, "Then you've already won"

Takta nods at Temi.

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes asks, "How do you even make a new char?"

Kinaed nods.

Takta exclaims to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "Same way you make the first one!"

Emma ab Courtland says, "Not in the sense of winning a game of Monopoly. Like, hmm... Entering every situation with the need to be on top of it, rather than being involved for the ride regardless of the outcome."

Sawyer states, "I've played MUDs where there are definitely people who think they can win"

Temi claims, "Start up with a new name at log in"

Temi claims, "And just attach them to the account when it asks about that"

Sawyer says, "They ALWAYS get ridiculously killed"

Kinaed states to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "You just create at the start screen, then put in your account name and password when it asks if you have an existing account."

Kinaed nods at Sawyer.

Verrin Jeweler states to Sawyer, "Being adamant about 'winning' the game usually makes a character quick enemies."

Tomas says to Emma ab Courtland, "On that opic I posted some roleplay tips last night and one of the tips is embrace failure because it doesn't stop your characters story, it enhances it"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes states, "I think I would like to be the next chivilrous knight."

Tomas claims to Emma ab Courtland, "Because then it becomes about overcoming that obstacle"

Emma ab Courtland states, "I saw that! Good article."

Kinaed asks, "Oo, what's the link, Tomas?"

Tomas claims, "Sometimes success is more of an end for a character than a failure"

Takta nods at Tomas.

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Takta says to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "It can be a fun approach."

Tomas questions, "/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1060&p=6612#p6612"

Mika states, "Failure endears your characters to others too"

Verrin Jeweler nods to Tomas "Failure is interesting, failures and how you respond to them can really define a character."

Shasa le Dumitru questions, "Can i put one more thought up about the mage thing?"

Kinaed trails off, "The number of players who took the regency seat and just went 'wow, there's nowhere to go up from here... what now?' ..."

Sawyer claims, "I must be the most endearing character in RL then."

Tomas asks, "The other article: /viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1061&p=6613#p6613"

Kinaed claims, "Herazade went out that way. :("

Mika pontificates to Sawyer, "Same!!!"

Kinaed claims to Tomas, "Thanks."

Sawyer grins.

Kinaed queries, "Okay, that was one intense chat about a player concern. What else do I have here?"

Kinaed digs in her notes.

Kinaed asks, "Can we speak to retooling costs, espishally, when it comes to mobs?"

Tomas muses to Shasa le Dumitru, "What's your thought?"

Kinaed queries, "Anyone have any thoughts or concerns about mob retooling costs?"

Azarial muses, "And maybe the hail lost costs?"

Temi questions, "Free to string a mob, yes?"

Takta questions, "Mob retooling costs? There are costs?"

Kinaed questions, "Can someone remind me what the costs for mob retooling are?"

Aios Draiski states, "I thought 0"

Mika says, "I think the hail lost costs need to be reduced"

Tomas questions, "I think they might mean retooling items on a mob?"

Mika states, "It's free to restring a mob, but not their clothes"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes questions, "Can anyone do it?"

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "Yes. when you buy a mob, and fix their stuff, I counted it, the costs to retool everything, ran up an adishinal 1000 silver"

Kinaed claims, "I think Hail costs need to be changed to a weekly rental cost. Hail was an easy way to represent paying your people for their services."

Takta asks of Kinaed, "If we do that can we remove the mob owner limits for freemen/gentry?"

Takta asks, "And let it be 'you can have what you can afford'?"

Kinaed says, "But what I see is people avoiding using hail - I even had someone not wish to attend the OOC Chat because when we trans you, pets are put away."

Aios Draiski declares to Takta, "Yyyyeeaaah!"

Mika states, "Yesssss"

Takta claims to Kinaed, "I've heard a lot of people wishing freemen could own more than 2 pets."

Takta says, "The gentry limit is what, 5? Could be a same upper limit for anyone."

Sawyer claims, "I wish to never be separated from my weird pet."

Takta claims, "So no bodyguard -army-."

Aios Draiski trails off to Takta, "Hey, if you can rake in the gold..."

Mika asks, "Is there a limit on how many you can have out at a time?"

Kinaed says, "The thing about mob eq, it's the same as player eq. It can be worn by anyone."

Takta says to Aios Draiski, "Pffft. Broken's broken. 10 bodyguards is broken."

Takta grins.

Azarial states to Mika, "No"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Aios Draiski claims, "Mob army can only be defensive anyway, not like you can have them attack someone."

Azarial says to Takta, "That is why pets cannot attack."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes states, "Their is no limit on how much a fre man can earn."

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "I midigated the cost, by using half guild funds, but still not every player has access to that"

Aios Draiski nods at Azarial.

Takta claims, "Right, but 10 bodyguards will make you unkillable."

Kinaed says, "So, restringing your mob's eq could just as well be making a new outfit for yourself via restring."

Aios Draiski declaims, "Yyyyeeeaaaahhh!"

Aios Draiski grins at Takta.

Takta claims to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "Bodyguards are meant to be something for the rich."

Maxwell le Wattkil amasses a posse of bodybuilders to go around and flex at people around him, shirtless. The intimidation is real.

Temi claims, "You can get them any sort of clothes and have them wear it, howevr you can get them."

Shasa le Dumitru claims to Tomas, "The thing about mages not being able to play order/knights by account level because of conflict of interest...well, i understand that, but the truth is that it's a conflict of interest in most other cases as well. we get so caught up in the order vs mage thing, but it's really order versus sinners in general. if you're a heretic, you're in that boat. if you've got one character that's playing a brotherhood member, they're so steeped in sin that i think it's the same thing. just something that i'm thinking of. it's not on the same level as with a mage, but i think it still applies."

Temi claims, "And they do have clothes."

Mika questions, "I think the retainer limit could be moved to "how many can you have hailed at once" ? so you can own as many as you like but not roll six deep in the vandagan mob"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think staff will have to discuss this in further depth (mob limits, weekly pay for mobs, etc) separately."

Emma ab Courtland claims, "Order outfits from Merchants. *nudgenudge*"

Takta says to Mika, "Works for me too."

Takta nods at Kinaed.

Mika states, "As much as i'd like to roll six deep in the vandagan mob"

Sawyer states to Mika, "Shhh, no, I want my army of sloths :( :( "

Kinaed claims, "From the perspective of costs to retool objects - I think those are reasonable. It's best to go to a merchant to order clothing."

Sawyer states, "The slowest, deadliest army. You'll never see them coming. Well you will, but then you'll fall asleep before they reach you."

Kinaed claims to Emma ab Courtland, "In fact, that's why retool costs are so expensive - so as not to let retool undercut merchants."

Kinaed claims, "We're over the hour, so I'd like to wrap this up quickly - but we're not through the things players want to talk about."

Kinaed states, "So I apologize for cutting some discussion short, I just want to move a bit quickly so we don't hold up the event afterwards for too long."

Tomas claims, "If it were to be changed to a weekly rental cost... could I ask that we be able to buy silver with QP directly before then. I don't want to eat my death xp buying up silver to pay rent >.>"

Azarial was concerned about the fire mage with ten zombies.

Kinaed says, "Another tell I received: Could we have a brief reminder about the Roleplay Culture helpfile, if there's time for it? This portion: Unless you are mid-travel, don't walk through a room without an acknowledging emote. <-- Seems to be becoming more and more habitual not to do this, or to quit out rather than emote."

Takta nods at Azarial.

Maxwell le Wattkil muses, "Event...?"

Takta claims, "I... kinda think we should not expect people mid-travel to halt and emote."

Takta says, "Especially when people cluster up at the Crossroads."

Kinaed claims, "People, if you're walking through a room, unless you're mid-travel, do not walk out of that room without emoting, etc."

Azarial could also halt them in a room.

Takta states, "Oh, sorry, I misread."

Kinaed claims to Takta, "People mid-travel are already exempted."

Kinaed nods.

Takta says, "But even so, I kind of think we shouldn't have this limit if you're really going on your way from one place to another."

Sawyer claims, "Instead of penalizing it, maybe have an rpxp boost if you halt and emote"

Verrin Jeweler states, "Could the crossroads be exempt from that? A lot of time travel there is to get close enough to travel elsewhere."

Azarial states, "Not sure i can calcualte that properly."

Kinaed claims, "But please do read Roleplay Culture. If that's not our culture, let's discuss it - but these little rules/expectations help us get along together."

Takta nods at Verrin Jeweler.

Shasa le Dumitru says, "The easiest thing to do is memorize rooms just before where the hangout spots are"

Tomas states, "Yeah what Verrin said. sometimes you are traveling to travel somewhere else further away. that's the only time I do that"

Maxwell le Wattkil asks, "A one time travel boost. If you 'HALT' mid travel after having moved more then 25% of your destination, your first emote that you make gets a small boost. Good idea?"

Shasa le Dumitru says OOCly, "And halt there"

Tomas states to Maxwell le Wattkil, "Easily abused"

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "With a timer."

Azarial says, "Rpxp is not calcualted per emote."

Kinaed says, "I think this is something that can be resolved with simple courtesy."

Sawyer asks, "If it's hard to do codewise, how about we the playerbase recommend people who halt and emote?"

Kinaed states to Sawyer, "There's no penalty, beyond people thinking the people doing this have no RP etiquette."

Kinaed states, "This discussion might be good enough of a reminder."

Aios Draiski nods at Sawyer.

Sawyer claims, "I say that as someone who sucks at remembering to recommend people, I'm a bit of a hypocrite"

Takta says, "I think we should consider adjusting the file to make this less of a big deal."

Takta grins.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, that covers most of what people raised to discuss. Did anyone have anything else to discuss that can't wait til next week? We're over the hour, so it might be best to hold onto things until next week or even just contact me personally to discuss them after the meeting?"

Roderick dul Helayn is idle.

Shasa le Dumitru nods.

Kinaed claims, "I'd like to ask everyone to vote to help us bring in new players. If you haven't today, the link to do so is under our who list in the who command. Please vote - it raises our profile and hence exposure, which means more people for you to RP with."

Mika claims, "We're kicking ass on mudverse"

Tomas states to Sawyer, "It happens a lot. I know I get disheartened sometimes after big events, writing up 6-8 recommends to the others involved and not getting one in return. I'm not even sure how active people use recommend. I do forget, events are the things that mainly remind me"

Kinaed claims, "Also, please consider turning on 'autovote', which will send you a reminder to vote approximately once a day."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes claims, "The position is nice on the mud connector also. This place is 13th their."

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes states, "This is how I found this game."

Kinaed nods at a tall lean man with bright blue eyes.

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "I use recommend, a lot"

Kinaed pontificates, "Wow, it's good to know that it's working!"

Kinaed asks, "Okay, any final words from anyone?"

Sawyer claims to Tomas, "I am scatterbrained, but I will try to do recommends more often"

A tall lean man with bright blue eyes questions, "Also, on the attack helpfile could an actual good example of a person using an attack emote thing be shown?"

Kinaed states, "If not, thank you everyone, for attending our... whatever-ith OOC Chat. I think we're well over 100 chats now."

Maxwell le Wattkil states, "Yaaaaay."

Maxwell le Wattkil claims, "Hoo-ray."
Roderick dul Helayn is no longer idle.

Roderick dul Helayn has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims to a tall lean man with bright blue eyes, "We can do that."

Sawyer pontificates, "Thank you staff for being awesome!"

Kinaed muses to Takta, "Can you give Arham a link to the Combat Guide?"

Tomas claims to Sawyer, "Oh wasn't meaning you! I was just commenting off of what you had said about recommends. It's a good general pint to reemmber"

Kinaed beams at Sawyer.

Maxwell le Wattkil hugs you.

Emma ab Courtland screaaaaaaaaams!

Sawyer says to Tomas, "I know, I'm more reprimanding myself because I sympathize "

Shasa le Dumitru claims, "I have an attitude problem where i don't really care if people think i'm rude or not rp-wise, so i'll simply classify it under "being a good rule abider""

Kinaed exclaims, "Oh yes, the recommend queue has been bare lately! Please remember to thank people for plot-driving RP, and particularly if the scene was one of conflict!"

Maxwell le Wattkil says, "I love all of you, dearest, bestest friends."

Sawyer states, "I like that. "Puts up with Sawyer's bullshit.""

Sawyer hugs Maxwell le Wattkil.

Kinaed trails off, "Alright, everyone... it's time to put you all back for your regular RP programming..."

Kinaed trails off, "In 3..."

Kinaed says, "2.."

Emma ab Courtland buckles up.

Kinaed states, "1.."

Shasa le Dumitru begins to descend.

Maxwell le Wattkil honks.

• Information