Log of OOC Meeting 6/20/2015 part 2

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:57 pm

Kinaed states to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "No, we haven't seen any apps for Cardinal. We have considered sucking up the Cardinal role to be an OOC role similar to how the Queen is."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes claims, "No need to spam yourself with a big remember list that way."

Orlando dul Cavallari nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Kinaed says, "What do people think of that? It'd leave the Order with the GI as the leader of the Order though."

Galen Fairweather says, "Heck, I'm an adept at cooking and I screwed up chopping an apple once."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims to Kinaed, "I always thought that that would be for the best, personally."

Orlando dul Cavallari claims to Kinaed, "Some roles are too important that, when you have constant turnover, churn, and just generally bad apples, the guild suffers incredibly."

Misune Levona grimaces "I can see the advantage kinaed... but I also think it would become overburdening for one person, since there are two very different sides to the order

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes muses, "I don't mind the idea, but what would the new ecclesiastical GL role be for the Order?"

Galen Fairweather states, "Failing easy recipes when you're skilled is uncommon but it does happen - I just think it'd be nice if failing an easy recipe helped you learn something, to take a bit of the sting out of wasting your ingredients."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build queries to a grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes, "Archbishop of Lithmore, perhaps?"

Kinaed claims, "I think so too, but it's a personal opinion. The Cardinal is often an empty role"

Kinaed says to a grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes, "I'm not sure."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims, "Cardinal is a less interesting job than the GI, too. IMO, of course."

Kinaed claims to an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build, "That sounds good."

Albrecht trails off, "I really think that the Cardinal and the Regent are a nice... foil that I don't think the GI would necessary fillt hat same role"

A bulky, jade-eyed man nods at an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build.

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "Then, who would gi be accountable to? for example, icly gi has to confess and what not as well. and there are two sides to the order"

Kinaed states, "Honestly, though - not that I don't want to hear everyone's opinion... I'm particularly interested in the opinion of the Order players."

Kinaed says OOCly, "Still the Cardinal, but the Cardinal would be OOC - essentially staff, the same way the Queen is."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes questions, "Does that include former Order players?"

Kinaed says, "Well, what I'm saying is that I don't want to make a decision until I hear from current Order players, though I'm keen to hear everyone's thoughts, past, present and future Order players."

Kinaed says, "It's just that anything we do impacts them the most."

Temi nods.

Matthew Portsmith says, "Well i have an order player i just dont have him logged on at the moment"

A bulky, jade-eyed man trails off, "I have known a lot of pc's who were Cardinals who either just phased out or engaged in deathly activity because well... it's a very monotonous rolw"

Kinaed states, "But I wouldn't finalize anything without ensuring I've spoken to the active Orderites."

Kinaed nods at Matthew Portsmith.

Zaerieth Silverclaw queries, "Bt, if I understand it.. gi would be responsible for all of it, corect?"

Kinaed states, "Well, right now, our active Orderites are Kharas and Zaerieth, and Zaerieth is the GI. "

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build states to a bulky, jade-eyed man, "And several good Grand Inquisitors have been absorbed into it and then... because of the nature of the role, kind of excluded from Inquisitions."

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth Silverclaw.

A bulky, jade-eyed man trails off, "But like any role... it's the player who defines the role"

Matthew Portsmith says, "Well my order player is currently stuck as an acolyte what would he have to do with the cardnal gone to get promoted"

Kinaed claims to a bulky, jade-eyed man, "To a degree, that's true."

A bulky, jade-eyed man agrees heartily with an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build.

Zaerieth Silverclaw says, "That would fall to gi"

Kinaed says to a bulky, jade-eyed man, "But only to a degree. Theme and underlying game structure impact those things too."

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth Silverclaw.

Zaerieth Silverclaw claims, "And I'll handle that, soon as they meet next its just ben kind of nts of late"

Kinaed claims, "It'd empower the GI to do everything because there is no physical Cardinal."

Kinaed states, "Okay, well. I might poll it, but honestly - if you're okay, Zaerieth, I'm happy to NPC the Cardinal."

Kinaed claims, "Make then 2nd GL the Archbishop of Lithmore."

Misune Levona states, "And that presents another issue kinaed... Cardinal and GI are kind of a balance and check system."

A bulky, jade-eyed man claims to Kinaed, "I understand that. But the Order has always had a rotating door of Office. Kind of like Justicars and the Brotherhood used to"

Kinaed says to Misune Levona, "It doesn't work."

Kinaed states to a bulky, jade-eyed man, "That's the truth when competent people don't get into the role, the only exception being coverts."

Misune Levona claims, "How doesn't it work" I've seen several GI 'plots' fail because the cardinal was there to go 'no you can't do that'"

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build states to Misune Levona, "I've been that Cardinal a few times, and that is a good point."

A bulky, jade-eyed man claims, "Gotta run folks. Supper is ready"

Kinaed states, "As a check, yes, but that doesn't make the Cardinal right or the GI wrong."

A bulky, jade-eyed man has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "I know this.. gi is hard enough. I need someone to help"

Misune Levona states, "It doesn't, but the GI is already such a powerful role, and if you make cardinal a staff ooc thing, there isn't anyone to check the GI"

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "And I agree with misune.."

Misune Levona claims, "Because not even the regent can really stop the GI before it's too late"

Kinaed claims, "I don't think that the system in general works because the organization is not aligned, top down. As a result, the Order tends to eat itself alive, churn in limbo if agreement isn't reached, or die out of boredom because of the struggle between the GI and the Cardinal."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build states, "Regent and GI work in different domains, so... yes, can't really check/balance each other effectively."

Mika states, "Almaz for grand inquisitor"

Zaerieth Silverclaw states, "To misune trust me, I'm trying to do things right. sometimes, I feel like I'm winging half of it"

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build states to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "Any Cardinal wings it half the time, they just bluff like they don't. :)"

Kinaed claims, "That's possibly true, but I'm not sure that the GI thematically needs checking, particularly when a hated GI can be forced out with GLA hits."

Misune Levona says, "You are doing a good job zaerieth, considering everything. I'm just speaking in regards to past events and the possible future"

Galen Fairweather begins searching the area.

Kinaed says, "I've had people speak highly of you in your role and no real complaints, Zaerieth."

Galen Fairweather wanders around, looking for something.

Orlando dul Cavallari claims, "What about changing the framework of the Order entirely, considering recent events? Maybe right now the Inquisition IS ascendant. We just had like, the entire Farin quarter disappear via demonic activity. The "militant wing" of the Order is going to be strong now, and pacifistic monks are going to be quieted."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build states to Galen Fairweather, "They moved the drugs before we got here, I think."

Kinaed nods at Orlando dul Cavallari.

By foraging, Galen Fairweather locates a pinch of pollen.

Galen Fairweather approaches an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build, closing the distance.
Galen Fairweather is near.

Galen Fairweather gives a pinch of pollen to an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build.

Kinaed states, "It also resolves a structural issue - staff can't find people interested in the role."

Kinaed claims, "At least, not consistently"

Zaerieth Silverclaw questions to Orlando dul Cavallari, "So, how would that work?"

Orlando dul Cavallari claims, "Bennie was the only one, consistently. And then he went off to do religion IRL."

Misune Levona trails off, "Gerolf was rather consistent for the time he was in there... until death happened"

Kinaed states to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "Staff would handle it as a plot."

Orlando dul Cavallari claims, "I'm not really worried about people "checking" the GI's power. If she pisses off enough people, she might be challenged. But finding Orderites is hard enough. If more people want to play Inquisitors than priests, right now, thematically, it makes sense."

Kinaed says, "I'll discuss this further with Zaereith offline."

Galen Fairweather queries, "Why is it that the Order is so unpopular to play, anyhow...?"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, anything else people want to chat about? We're 30 minutes over the line?"

Orlando dul Cavallari states, "Half the people (myself included) grumble about masses and the like. Now, we have to deal with the fact that it's the Inquisition in our faces. :)"

Kinaed states to Galen Fairweather, "They're fairly hated, I think."

Misune Levona trails off, "I think mostly galen because it's a rather... boring guild and takes forever and a day it seems to get anywhere in it"

Zaerieth Silverclaw grins.

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build says to Galen Fairweather, "Everyone wants to be the good guy, or at the least, the free bad guy."

Kinaed states, "No one enjoys playing a role when, when you enter a room, people scatter."

Verrin Jeweler states, "Ooo, perhaps I should play order with my stupid activity level then >D"

Temi says, "I thought people's objection to mass was that it was boring. And they'd love some inquisitors in their face."

Orlando dul Cavallari nods in agreement with Temi.

Kinaed says, "And a lot of people feel like, if you play an Orderite, you're OOCly judged as some sort of weird sadistic bastard."

Orlando dul Cavallari trails off to Temi, "Be careful what you wish for..."

Kinaed did, for sure.

Zaerieth Silverclaw claims, "I need to work on some things. I feel lie they are slipping through the cracks."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims to Temi, "People like the idea of Inquisitors more than they like the actual Inquisitors. :P"

Galen Fairweather declares, "Heck...!"

Temi grins at an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build.

Kinaed claims, "I only got into playing an Orderite by accident, but it was by far soem of the most fun RP ever, so I stuck with it. But when I first joined TI back in the day, I had absolutely no interest in that guild."

Temi declaims, "They can be like that with drama in general, though. But that's always what they talk about 'Oh awesome!' in hindsight too"

Misune Levona smirks "Has no issue being judges as some weird sadistic bastard..." Burns a bag of puppies just for shits and grins

Orlando dul Cavallari trails off, "I played an Inquisitor, then vowed "never again" because people just seemed to hate me personally, even though I went out of my way to never pkill, etc. And I've played GIs and Cardinals many times..."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims to Orlando dul Cavallari, "I found it quite isolating as well."

Mika asks, "I feel like it also needs more knowledge of the IC world than other guilds?"

Orlando dul Cavallari says, "You're either the Fun Police or you're out to burn everyone."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build states, "Ultimately, it just wasn't fun to play."

Kinaed grins slyly and wonders which group she's in.

Zaerieth Silverclaw says, "Ug.. brb"

Misune Levona states, "Though to be fair if you do attempt to play the 'prick"

Kinaed claims, "Wait, no wondering. Definitely burn everyone."

Misune Levona says, "Though to be fair if you do attempt to play the 'prick' inquisitor people tend to want to kill you more"

Galen Fairweather claims, "It's weird, because the game does seem to be framed around the perspective of the Order and Inquisition and such"

Galen Fairweather states, "If that makes sense"

Kinaed states to Misune Levona, "No one has ever tried to PK any of my Inquisitors, oddly."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes states, "I have enjoyed playing priests. I had less fun and less success as inquisitors."

Kinaed says, "Even when I did things just to see if they would."

Verrin Jeweler states, "Have to admit, for a game titled "Inquisition" I've not seen an awful lot of it."

Mika wonders, "I've started to appreciate my character's enemies. is there anything offhand that could be done to make playing orderites more fun for orderites?"

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims to Kinaed, "Likewise."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes claims, "What killed it for me was really the job becoming a -job-."

Temi states to Kinaed, "That's not entirely true.. there was that one failed jailbreak."

Orlando dul Cavallari claims, "It also takes a LOT of time, as Cardinal/GI, to build relationships where you're trusted. Also, considering how the game is, you pretty much need some combat skills as well. I fared very well with my ex-knight GI who kept a magically preserved mage head on his desk, which he would subtly turn to and ask for advice when people were in his office."

Kinaed claims to Verrin Jeweler, "I think it's mostly due to a lack of people playing the role."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Oh, yeah, that's true."

Kinaed says, "Someone did try to PK me."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims, "I never needed combat skills with my Orderties."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes claims to Mika, "I think that question is asked pretty often. I'm not sure there are any real clear answers for it."

Kinaed claims, "I never needed combat skills either and actually kept Lauris and Zaranthis completely wimpy for the whole idea of being a straw man and seeing how that'd play out."

Orlando dul Cavallari states to an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build, "I can tell you, being on the -other- end, that the grumbling of, "What is that robed guy/gal doing other than ordering people around and running away?" really saps Orderites' effectiveness. Iain was great about it. He wasn't a strong guy by any means, but he was on the front lines and tended to injuries, etc."

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes says, "My guess is that it's partially a perception issue and partially an issue of people not wanting to be overburdened with responsibility or the various frustrations of playing roles that are frequently challenged."

Galen Fairweather trails off, "I think a shift in theme would probably be necessary to really change the experience of playing Orderites, maybe..."

Orlando dul Cavallari says to Kinaed, "Yeah, but then you MIGHT get seen as worthless. The prickish ones who bring no value to the table other than yelling at people are very quickly seen as useless."

Kinaed nods at Galen Fairweather.

Mika queries, "Cause i kinda feel like orderites should feel more like they run the city? i mean they do a little but i wonder if people would like to play orderites more if it came with cooler perks?"

Orlando dul Cavallari says, "Alright, I gotta get my drink on. I need to put on a shirt. brb."

Kinaed states, "Guys, this conversation is awesome and quite riveting to me... but I htink we need to wrap up."

Kinaed exclaims, "Once more, please vote for TI if you haven't to get more players to come play with us!"

Misune Levona ponders "I kinda of agree with you mika... for the supposed power the order does have, it never seems to actually exist much

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes states, "Assuming we get people into the roles but I think instead of looking at what other things we can do to incentivize the role, we might do better spending time on how we can incentivize SUPPORTING those roles as other people."

Kinaed has awarded you 1 QP: Attending the OOC Chat this week - thank you.

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build didn't really have trouble with power projection as an Orderite.

Kinaed nods at a grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes.

A grey-eyed Vavardi woman with long dark eyelashes pontificates, "Thanks for hosting the meeting!"

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build waves.

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build begins to descend.

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build leaves down.

Galen Fairweather pontificates, "The Orderite discussion would make a great topic for the next one!"

Kinaed declaims, "Thank you for coming everyone. :) I'll see you next week! Oh, anyone else who wants the roles spec preview and to feedback on it - send me your email address!"

• Information