Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:05 pm

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Temi finishes abruptly, "Forum account is good to have - on the phone now, can't multi task well"

Kinaed has transferred a lithe, wild-haired young woman. [OOC]

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "Galen, I'll check out your forum stuff after this meeting. Just remind me, I get absent minded."

Almaz declares, "Sawyer hello! we are making the ooc chat"

Kinaed says, "... if I can. I lost access yesterday."

A petite, feminine blonde boy pontificates, "I will do my best to remember!"

Kinaed nods solemnly.

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "Hi I'm here to eat your food and drink your beer."

Temi claims, "I can try to check after "

Kinaed claims, "Okay, if no one has anything they want to make sure we discuss, I'll kick off the staff updates."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "We'll figure it out. One of us certainly can/will."

A petite, feminine blonde boy declares, "I have a thing!"

Kinaed muses to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "Cool, what's on your mind?"

A petite, feminine blonde boy says, "To mention. A small thing."

A petite, feminine blonde boy says, "It shouldn't let you put a period at the end of your intro."

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "Sometimes I see new players come in with a period at the end."

Kinaed states, "Noted. I'll raise that."

A petite, feminine blonde boy declaims, "Thanks!"

Azarial states, "I'm not going to nitpick the grammar that much on something people can enter. <_<"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair trails off, "I did that..."

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "All of my complaints are extremely minor like that, haha"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair states, "I realized my mistake pretty quickly though"

Kinaed states, "Still, please feel free to raise them, it's how we make the game better."

Kinaed nods at a tall young man with tousled brown hair.

A petite, feminine blonde boy declares, "Every time I see a period where it doesn't belong in a string somewhere, I'm like, THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED!! WE CAN CHANGE THIS"

Almaz says, "Oh yeah, cause it like makes all your emotes like "a tall tanned girl or however i look. begins to yell.""

Kinaed states, "We'd fix it for free anyway."

Temi asks, "Are periods valid anywhere in an intro?"

Kinaed says to Temi, "I can't see why anyone would ever need one."

Almaz claims, "No, cause it'll fragment all the emotes"

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "Unless someone is like "a tall man who's a 9.3 out of 10", I don't think so"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair asks, "Probably not?"

Kinaed nods at a petite, feminine blonde boy.

Kinaed has transferred Rimilde. [OOC]

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "I nitpick things like this because I make games for a living and this is the kind of stuff that matters to me"

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "Boring system / syntax stuff"

Temi says, "Maybe they should just be disallowed in it altogether. don't need to pay attention to location "

Kinaed says, "So, for my update - I am working on the Roles spec, which should mean a change in how guilds work."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A lithe, wild-haired young woman wonders, "Can't you fix your intro at any time? "

Azarial states, "That would be easier. end of string drama is painful."

Kinaed states, "I didn't finish it last week as planned."

Kinaed claims to a lithe, wild-haired young woman, "I think so."

Temi nods at Rimilde.

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "(While you're at it you can disallow periods in diremotes just saying)"

Takta states, "A lot of people don't seem to be good at making correct intros, though, so they go around for ages with their intros wrong."

Takta says, "Well, until some nice friendly person catches 'em."

Takta grins.

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "If the code is difficult to fix we could whisper to new players to delete their periods"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman states, "Like a bunch of helpful tampons"

Kinaed says, "Sometimes people tell staff, and we fix it up. Otherwise, goes on for ages. Another one is a capital at the beginning of an intro is a common new player mistake."

Temi claims, "That is the current status "

Kinaed nods at a lithe, wild-haired young woman.

Kinaed grins.

Almaz claims, "Yeah somehow i only just realized they wouldn't be able to see how it ruins their own emotes, because they get their name. i can tell them =D"

Kinaed nods at Almaz.

A petite, feminine blonde boy exclaims, "I'll keep an eye out too!"

Kinaed states, "That actually wraps up my update."

Rimilde sits down and rests.

A petite, feminine blonde boy declaims, "Sorry to derail! i'm interested to hear about roles!"

Kinaed claims, "Next - Azarial, you're up."

Kinaed queries, "Oh... sure! What would you like to know?"

Azarial claims, "I have been working on figureing out the weirder combat bugs that have been brought to my attention."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed queries, "How's eavesdropping coming?"
Takta grins at Rimilde.

Takta says, "Doh."

Azarial states, "...and wondering why my english ranks have had an effort set."

Takta says, "Gotta stop 'grin Az'."

A petite, feminine blonde boy queries, "So are the roles going to replace guild membership as a way to get certain skills above 36?"

Azarial says, "Slow; combat was pushe dup my priority list."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed has transferred a tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man. [OOC]

Almaz states, "Again im sorry for crashing the game because my punches were so strong"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, well - roles. How to explain them... has anyone played Firan?"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman sneezes on a tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man.

A petite, feminine blonde boy pontificates, "Nope!"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair states, "Never heard of it"

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build has, but doesn't need the explanation- so that doesn't help. :)

Kinaed says, "It was a roleplaying MUSH where, when you logged in, you selected a pre-existing character. If you stopped playing, your character joined a roster, and other people could take over that character."

A petite, feminine blonde boy questions, "That's another MUD, right? I've seen it in the lists I pored over looking for a new game to play"

Temi states, "Roles wouldn't so much replace guilds as add more flexibility to them"

Kinaed states, "My understanding is it closed awhile back, but maybe they've re-opened."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, we decided to replace our 'roster' (help roster) with roles. When players come into the game, rather than purchasing a pre-existing character that gets passed around, players can purchase a role."

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "Ooohhh, I see"

Kinaed says, "The role does things, like gives you special commands, special access to places (for example, a Reeve role might give you access to the Reeve guildhall), etc."

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "So you can burn a few thousand experience and become the new boss of The Queen's Inn"

Takta says, "Instead of just having GLs and normal people in guilds, too, there can be ranks like secretaries (who can check guild mail) or recruiters (who can guild)."

Kinaed states, "Guilds will remain, but roles can be related to a guild and will replace guild ranks, so Inquisitors might get the burn command whilst Order Acolytes won't."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed claims to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "Something like that."

A tall young man with tousled brown hair questions, "These cost experience?"

Kinaed claims, "No."

A petite, feminine blonde boy wonders, "Will this apply to things like the situation I'm in? My character works for The Bear and the Boar, but not in any coded capacity"

Kinaed claims, "Or, I don't know yet."

Kinaed claims, "It could - it'd set your income, at least."

A tall young man with tousled brown hair states, "I would argue against it costing xp, perhaps because I'm trying to hoard the meager sums I still have."

A petite, feminine blonde boy trails off, "It'd be cool to have a verb for serving drinks instead of buying them and giving to people..."

Kinaed states, "Anyway, players can hold more than one role, some roles require other roles as prerequisites, etc."

Kinaed claims to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "Noting that."

A petite, feminine blonde boy is so good at haggling, now.

Takta claims, "Ooh, a way to 'become' the shopkeeper mob for a shop would be cool, yeah."

Misune chuckles at a tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man "A fellow xp hoarder."

Kinaed says to Takta, "Cool suggestion, noted"

Misune rolls eyes "Wrong tall."

Almaz questions, "Oh cool, so does that mean like, since i play a bow hunter i can learn to maintain my bow in theory, without joining the woodworking guild?"

Takta says to a tall young man with tousled brown hair, "XP definitely takes time to gather, and can be the limiter in skill progression at the start."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman states, "One thing that could be interesting is that if a character wants a role that is not yet coded, say Galen wants to have a role of burly bouncer, with a command to bounce people from da club and people think that's a pretty neat role and more people would want it, you can add it to the roster and it can be used in the future. "

Kinaed claims, "It'd depend on what roles we create."

Takta states to a tall young man with tousled brown hair, "But once you get more established, get some tight IC bonds and skills get to higher ranks, you'll find it easier to switch up your cost/reward balance."

Almaz states, "I like this"

Kinaed states, "We have that capability, yes."

Takta says, "Yeah, roles is an extremely flexible skeleton."

A petite, feminine blonde boy wants to explore his true calling as a burly bouncer.

Takta claims, "Once we define the system it becomes hugely expandible, a lot like our new craft system."

A petite, feminine blonde boy says, "I'd say it'd be best for most roles to have a negligible or low XP cost, but it makes sense for more important roles to have a higher cost"

Takta states, "The same system that runs blacksmithing allowed me to make the snowbanks and the throwing snowballs, for example."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "I like that, it's a framework and the library of roles can be expanded by players."

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "Like if someone wants to be the King of Wizards or something"

Takta grins at a petite, feminine blonde boy.

Misune ponders something "Will semi-important roles still require an application?"

Takta claims, "Yeah, I'm sure we'll have variable costs and benefits."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "The cost could also depend on the significance and amount of unique commands"

Takta states, "Social class could even become a role, for example."

Kinaed claims to Misune, "Yes, some will be owned by a guild - the general system won't change how it is now. IE, GLs still select who gets what role in their guild, and can create new ones, for example."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "I think unifying systems is always the best thing"

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "So it'd be cool if the new roles system could expand to replace other systems that are in place"

Kinaed says, "Okay, I think that's it for roles, and Az is done with her update, so I think we're on Temi's update? Sorry, guys, we're 18 minutes into the hour, and we have a lot to get through."

Takta says to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "Especially here, for systems where Az (who is our sole coder with a million projects) can define the bones and other staff can fill in the content."

Kinaed says, "Intended to."

Kinaed states to Temi, "You're up :)"

Kinaed has transferred a bulky, jade-eyed man. [OOC]

A petite, feminine blonde boy exclaims, "Sorry for derailing so much!"

Kinaed claims to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "Not derailing at all."

Temi says, "I am at my parents this weekend while my husband gets his archery instructor certification "

Kinaed says to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "I'm just time conscious, that sort of discussion is exactly what we do at OOC Chat."

A petite, feminine blonde boy wonders, "Dragging things on, then? I'm bad in some way, let me apologize"

Takta grins.

Temi claims, "So not getting much done and on the phone here now"

A bulky, jade-eyed man approves of said archery cert!

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A lithe, wild-haired young woman states, "I'm going to deliver an electric shock to Galen whenever he apologizes, from now on."

Kinaed grins at a lithe, wild-haired young woman.

A petite, feminine blonde boy gulps!

Takta exclaims, "Now he'll apologize for apologizing!"

Temi states, "But I am continuing work on mage craft updates"

Kinaed has transferred a well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair. [OOC]

Temi claims, "Updating in line so stuff might change"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A petite, feminine blonde boy declaims, "If you need ideas for magic items I'll talk your ear off for hours!"

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair says OOCly, "I mis much?"

Kinaed asks, "Temi would probably appreciate some ideas, I think she posted something seeking suggestions on one of the boards a bit back?"

Temi trails off, "So have fun mages... open solicitation for ideas"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

A petite, feminine blonde boy pontificates, "I can't get into the boards, or I would have contributed!"

A bulky, jade-eyed man asks, "To zaerith I was named God Emperor of Urth?"

Kinaed says to a well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair, "We discussed Roles for a bit, Azarial is working on combat tweaks, Temi's working on magecraft. We haven't gotten to Takta yet."

Temi states, "Code boards, not forums "

Kinaed claims, "And Tuan has been having dreams of grandeur."

Misune needs one of his characters to die before he can even pretend to get back into magecrafting

Temi states, "That is my update "

Kinaed claims, "Might not be a bad idea to post it up on the forums though, Temi."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states to Takta, "You're up, Takta."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Takta states, "I have been... busy busy busy. Top priority, finishing the Blackest Day plot. I ran events and plot scenes last Friday, last Saturday, this Thurs, this Friday, and today... all leading up to the finale, which is intended to start right after this at 7! If our player count is a bit low, though, I may postpone to tomorrow. We'll see how it's looking closer to 7."

If a bulky, jade-eyed man didn't have delusions he'd be very bored. And insane. [a bulky, jade-eyed man]

Takta claims, "Beyond that, I also wrote a combat guide for TI which is on the forums - it should really help even experienced players grasp combat, hopefully."

A petite, feminine blonde boy declares, "I read the combat guide, it was good!"

Takta says, "I've been working with Az extensively to resolve the known issues section, several of which are either fixed or getting fixed."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "(NOTE ABOUT COMBAT if you're the only one left in combat, doing a regular emote should disengage you)"

Takta states, "Turns out what I thought were known issues were at least partially unknown."

Takta grins.

A tall young man with tousled brown hair states, "Yes.. It helped me much. I managed to kill a toad with only a fair bit of confusion."

Kinaed states, "That's why Az got pulled off eavesdropping. :)"

A petite, feminine blonde boy says, "I kept getting stuck in a combat with just myself recently"

Kinaed states, "Oh, that's new."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman states, "There's a cream for that, Galen."

Almaz says, "Oh cool i should read that"

Takta says to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "Hopefully that should be looking better now."

Almaz claims, "Ive never done combat on a text game before :X i get intimidated when it's not turn based"

Kinaed muses, "When bad things happen in combat, whether you think it's a bug or not, please bug it for us to consider?"

Takta declares to Almaz, "It is turn-based!"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair claims, "It is turn based"

Almaz says, "So i think i'm acting out a little bit flinging my character into everything"

Kinaed states to Almaz, "It is... darn, I type slow."

Takta grins.

A tall young man with tousled brown hair claims, "To takta jinx"

Almaz pontificates, "Yeah! thats what i mean, ive been trying to fight everything and everyone since i discovered it's turn based"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair questions, "Does that not work?"

Temi giggles.

Takta claims, "You cannot jinx me, I am the mighty Takta! Anyway."

Takta says to a tall young man with tousled brown hair, "Sayto, one word."

A tall young man with tousled brown hair nods sagely

Kinaed tiptoes away from the jinx zone.

Takta claims, "When Blackest Day is over I will take a plot break, as this has been exhausting, and work on other projects."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta declares, "That's about it for me!"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman exclaims, "It's been a very cool plot!"

Kinaed questions, "Does that wrap up all of our staff updates?"

Takta claims to a lithe, wild-haired young woman, "Thanks. :)"

Temi claims, "I will plan to take up the next plot"

Kinaed cheers.

A bulky, jade-eyed man states to Takta, "You are a plot crafting Beast. The depths of your imagination astound me"

Kinaed muses to Temi, "Any idea what it might be, or...?"

Takta claims to Temi, "-Definite- thanks. ;)"

Temi claims, "But something tamer"

Kinaed nods.

Temi says, "Nope, not yet"

Kinaed states, "We haven't really touched the city report for awhile."

Takta claims to a bulky, jade-eyed man, "Aw, and thanks to you too."

Kinaed claims, "I still want to build some benefits and consequences into different levels of various things in the city report."

Takta says, "Oof. Yeah. City report."

A bulky, jade-eyed man trails off, "Seriously though the one plot I ran compared to all y'alls ideas... I can't even think"

A bulky, jade-eyed man shuts up now. No more interruptions,

Kinaed has transferred a lean, dark haired young man. [OOC]

Kinaed asks, "Okay, if Staff Updates are done, time for my favorite part of the meeting... Player Heartbeat. How was the game this week, folks?"

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man exclaims, "I wish I was working less and RP'ing more! XD"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair questions, "What affects the levels on the report?"

A petite, feminine blonde boy declares, "The game is good and fun and I like it!"

Takta states to a tall young man with tousled brown hair, "Plots and plot advances, usually."

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair says OOCly, "It was wonderful. well, zaerith asn't happy, but that's life in ti"

Kinaed wonders, "Anything you guys wish the staff would focus on or have a look at?"

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build declares to a tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man, "That sounds like a very familiar situation!"

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "I'm having a bit of trouble working out what some of the systems are for"

Takta says to a tall young man with tousled brown hair, "Plots are big things going on at the city-wise level and plot advances are players' responses to them."

Takta states, "*city-wide"

Kinaed states to a tall young man with tousled brown hair, "Plots and whatever is happening in the IC world, though you can tell it's a bit out of date at the moment."

Rimilde has lost link.
Rimilde has reconnected.

A petite, feminine blonde boy says, "I think there might be some overlap between cnotes, pboards, and plot advances, functionality-wise"

Takta claims to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "Hmm. Maybe some, but more difference than overlap."

Almaz pontificates, "It's been good! i learned how to use plot advances even though i haven't attempted to do so yet"

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair says OOCly, "We don't even use gnotes"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair states, "Our city is in real disrepair."

Takta states to a tall young man with tousled brown hair, "Life in Lithmore's hard."

Takta grins.

A petite, feminine blonde boy pontificates, "I'm not sure what the difference is a lot of the time! I never know what I need to leave a cnote about"

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "Aside from the cases specifically laid out, but I haven't yet plotted to steal or murder someone"

Kinaed claims, "Cnotes are an OOC place to record policy information, and if you want, other character notes. Pboards are for OOCly contacting other players to send messages, and auto-wipe after time. Plot advances are a way to request free staff assistance with whatever you're doing ICly, provided it links up to an open plot."

Takta states, "What you NEED to leave a cnote for is basically player vs. player stuff. Everything else is for your own interest."

Almaz says, "(oh yeah i'm sometimes concerned i leave pointless cnotes) oh though i had a weird policy question about the crossover rule."

Kinaed says, "HELP POLICY CNOTES tells you when staff expect you to have cnotes."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman says, "Like if I plan to shave off Galen's eyebrows."

Kinaed nods at Almaz.

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "Nooooo not my eyebrooows"

Kinaed questions to Almaz, "What's your question?"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair states, "I'm reading a lot of helpfiles because of this meeting"

Takta says, "Pboard, personal boards, are just for any OOC communication between players."

Temi states, "Feel free to add more cnotes. they are never a problem "

Kinaed states, "It's mostly if you're trying to kill someone or get them arrested/killed by someone else."

Takta states, "So any time you need to drop somebody a note, for any reason whatsoever."

Almaz states, "So like, i have an alt who is a lot less useful to people than almaz is at the moment, people come to almaz a lot looking to join her hunting party that apparently exists"

Kinaed nods at Almaz.

Almaz states, "And i don't want to use the alt to bump almaz up, but also, when people are getting frustrated that they can't feel established as a hunting character, am i allowed to be like"

Almaz claims, "HEY GALEN DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO, MAYBE, IS A HUNT PERSON"

Almaz states, "Biig shrug"

Almaz states, "I mean he mentions he'll introduce them to almaz on his own but i'm just wondering if there's a line there"

A bulky, jade-eyed man ducks out,

A bulky, jade-eyed man begins to descend.

A bulky, jade-eyed man leaves down.

Kinaed states, "I think that's okay, but if it was being done in a self-serving way, rather than to help others, staff might call it out as a naughty thing to do."

Almaz states, "That makes sense. i gm a little bit elsewhere and start to feel panicked when i see someone roleplaying in the way that makes you hear their ooc frustration"

A petite, feminine blonde boy queries, "I imagine that the spirit of the rules for crossover is more important than the letter of it?"

Takta claims, "Related question, what DO people think of hunting? Are people having trouble getting into it? There might be some edits to the mobs we could do."

Takta nods at a petite, feminine blonde boy.

Kinaed says, "Generally, you're right, you shouldn't refer people to an alt with another alt, but if it's very common knowledge that Almaz is a local hunter - for example, because she advertises on a general board, we wouldn't expect your alt to act like a clueless person."

Takta says, "I've heard concerns before about hunting inflicting too many wounds, for example, and wondered if that was common perception."

Almaz states, "I have some immersion problems with hunting"

Kinaed cocks her ears to Almaz.

A tall young man with tousled brown hair says, "I have silly little question, but is there anyway to find a doctor aside from asking people you meet rping? I have a minor wound due to my wrangling with a raven, and I'm not sure the best way to rid myself of it."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "You can send out a note to all physicians"

Almaz queries, "I mean almaz has been going around scolding people for trying to take deer down with their daggers and stuff, and she teaches people how to shoot bows, but yeah - sometimes i get attacked by rabbits and it feels a little strange. i think when animals engage in combat rather than run away it seems to get people to treat it more like, rpg battles? instead of resource gathering?"

Takta states to a tall young man with tousled brown hair, "Yeah, can message all physicians or do guildlist physicians to mail them."

A lean, dark haired young man states to a tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man, "Seek physician worked for me."

Kinaed says, "Using the messenger command, you can send a message to the physicians guild."

A well built muscular woman with dirty blond hair says OOCly, "I've not tried hunting.."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "Basically the rp idea is that your character is sending out people to seek doctors."

Takta states, "Seek Physicians is supposed to be for joining. *grin*"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair states, "Got it"

Takta says to Almaz, "Yeah, we have a couple problems there. Bows are actually very new so many older PCs have no bow skill."

Kinaed asks, "Wait... we have aggressive bunnies?"

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "Yeah, I don't think a rabbit would ever attack if it can run away."

A lean, dark haired young man says, "Help seek says it can be used to make contact without intent to join."

Takta says to Almaz, "It was very common for years to hunt with melee weapons because of the lack of bows."

Kinaed nods at a lean, dark haired young man.

Temi states, "Check whererp and go to the hospital when. folks are there"

Takta states, "Ah! It does. I should say that isn't usual IC practice."

Kinaed claims, "It's slower though."

Almaz claims, "Ohh i seeee. well not to worry, i have been shouting at people plenty"

Kinaed states, "A messenger is the best way."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman wonders, "Well you just put physicians in the receive slot I think, right?"

Takta claims, "We could put more flee actions in the animal combat styles."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims, "I would almost like to see a hunting command thread used for hunting of anything that isn't going to logically fight back instead of flee."

Takta nods at an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build.

Kinaed nods at an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build.

Almaz states, "But yeah my barbarian lady has been listening to peoples' hunting stories and just being all, "oh my gooddddd you savages". it's more of an ic thing."

Takta claims, "I think it'd be a good idea, honestly. also means we could remove the 'clutter' of animals on the grid."

Kinaed states, "We had discussed that once, having a hunting command that would, randomly, load game. And get rid of static forest mobs."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman wonders, "Is there a system for traps?"

Almaz declares, "I like that!"

Takta claims to a lithe, wild-haired young woman, "Not atm, though if we had a hunting command we could probably also add a trapping command or something similar."

Takta ponders.

A petite, feminine blonde boy exclaims, "I also throw my vote in for a separate hunting thing!"

Kinaed says to a lithe, wild-haired young woman, "Not at the moment, but it'd be pretty cool... and I don't mean for hunting game."

Kinaed mwahahahahas and rubs her hooves together greedily.

Temi grins.

Takta states, "I think we could do game-hunting by traps via cedit alone."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman states, "I mean, I have ulterior motives because I would like there to be engineering skills, to build traps"

Takta says, "If we could give items different possible decays."

Kinaed has transferred Tomas. [OOC]

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man questions, "Traps is something we've discussed for a long time, yeah?"

Rimilde has lost link.
Rimilde has reconnected.

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man nods at Takta.

Kinaed states, "Not sure, but it's in my OOC Chat notes, which I'll throw up on the staff board after this for us to work through."

Takta says, "Build the trap, drop it in the woods, in 3-4 days it has a 50% chance of decaying into an animal corpse, 50% of decaying into sprung useless trap."

Almaz claims, "Oh rad"

Takta says, "That wouldn't require much new code."

Azarial ponders.

Kinaed states to Takta, "Sweeeeeet."

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "(The chance could also depend on a trapping skiiillll)"

Almaz asks, "Or like quality of a built trap?"

Kinaed asks, "But what about catching people in your snares?"

A petite, feminine blonde boy declares, "Or both!"

Kinaed sticks out her lower lip.

Takta trails off, "For people we'd need something else entirely..."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "Well its success could depend on both how skilled the person constructing the trap is, and how skilled the hunter is (in chosing location, setting it up)"

Kinaed nods at Takta.

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "10% chance of decaying into a PC."

Kinaed has transferred Alyxandra. [OOC]

Takta says, "But we have the Chains of Tanios code, could be similar-ish."

Takta grins at a petite, feminine blonde boy.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Almaz pontificates, "Don't log off in the woods!"

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man states, "I know in the past I'd RP'd traps and the like with a state. But yeah, actual coded traps would be awesome."

Kinaed nods at a tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man.

A lithe, wild-haired young woman states, "So like building a trap could be a skill relating to construction/engineering, setting up the trap could be related to hunting"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman states, "Though that might be tricky to code"

A petite, feminine blonde boy says, "I imagine you'd need different traps to catch different game anyway"

Takta claims, "I'd probably want us to simplify and just use one skill."

Misune curses the idle timer

Temi nods at Kinaed.

A tallish, slightly weathered young Lithmorran man nods at Kinaed.

Takta claims, "I've always wanted the ability to make items react to specific commands used on them/in the room with them."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, ""A box-string trap lies here, baited with a ceramic bottle of perry.""

Kinaed claims, "Then, to my knowledge, no one ever went into my room. *pout*"

Takta trails off, "An item that springs a trap when somebody does search in the room..."

Takta claims, "But then you basically are talking obj progs."

A petite, feminine blonde boy declaims, "Traps can also integrate with places I imagine!"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman declaims, ""Look in trap >> Troubadours is caught in your trap!""

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build says to Kinaed, "Remind me never to visit you. :)"

Kinaed states to Takta, "We need DG scripts *mournful sigh*"

Takta grins at a lithe, wild-haired young woman.

Takta says to Kinaed, "We need DG scripts."

Kinaed grins at an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build.

Takta says, "Also, ten more builders."

Misune glances at Kinaed "Did you have the room in the old old Thieves guildhall with all the traps?

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed states to Misune, "Yeah, Gregoria was my alt until... Scotty's player pkilled her."

Misune nods to Kinaed "I always wanted to attempt going into that room... but could never build up the galls to do it."

Tomas says, "If you guys ever need builders builder, just poke me sometime, might be able to help maybe. though I can't do progs for shit."

Kinaed shakes her hoof at the sky, "SCOTTY! YOU MURDERED ME!"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Kinaed claims to Tomas, "Thanks for the offer :)"

A lean, dark haired young man begins to descend.

A lean, dark haired young man leaves down with a slight limp.

A petite, feminine blonde boy pontificates, "I think I'm still a bit too green to be anything like a builder or coder, but I'd be happy to contribute in any way I can!"

Takta says, "We'd need ten more builders when we got in DG scripts to properly prog everything up."

Takta grins.

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, does that wrap up player heartbeat? Any suggestions or requests to make the game better before we move on to our final topic, Player Topics?"

Azarial claims, "When we hit a reasonable state, I can see about plucking thse out."

Almaz states, "I can also build, a little bit, for now. i am gestating a text game on the side."

Tomas trails off to Kinaed, "Yes! I posted one up on the forums... or two really"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman says, "I had a random idea about non horse/donkey mounts"
Kinaed says to Takta, "I've been tempted to ask Rumble at TBA if he and his crew might install DG scripts for us, but Az might murder me."

Kinaed queries to Almaz, "Gestating?"

Almaz asks, "I also throw my vote in for sawyer gets an ostrich?"

Takta queries to Azarial, "Well, hey, then it'd be somebody else's problem and not yours, right?"

Azarial says, "Or they murder you."

Kinaed says, "Oh, gestating."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "I really want to ride around the town on an emu."

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "I'm helping, too."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "It is my dream."

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "With the gestating."

Takta states, "I don't think emus are native to anywhere on Urth, I'm afraid."

Takta grins.

Almaz claims, "Yeah, it's, a weird deal where galen is helping me gestate a text game"

Takta asks, "Also they're too tiny. Aren't they?"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman wonders, "What about some llamas?"

Almaz states, "Don't think too hard about it."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims, "Not tiny but not big enough to carry a person."

Tomas wonders to Takta, "Awww no chocobos?"

Kinaed states to Almaz, "Let me know if you need any help with your game - also, please feel free to pinch any systems, etc, you like. Happy to provide you specs we've used."

Temi says, "Sorry"

Takta says, "Llamas might actually make sense for hillmen, maybe."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build says to Takta, "They are similar to an ostrich in size."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman states, "I demand a llama."

Almaz declaims, "Yeah! i was going to say like, we're going to open source it if you guys want to steal or use our parser someday or something"

Takta wonders to an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build, "Yeah, but you can't ride an ostrich, can you?"

Takta declaims, "...can you?!"

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build says to Takta, "Nope. :)"

Takta says, "Damn."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman says, "You can ride emus, yes. But you have to be light."

Takta claims, "For a moment, the world was much cooler."

A petite, feminine blonde boy is reeling that the admin of this game offered to help us with our game because our old game would have our heads if they heard we were trying to 'compete' with them

A tall young man with tousled brown hair questions, "Didn't Australia have a war against Emus or something like that?"

Almaz states, "The downside for a lot of mud people is it's webclient only cause we use hex colours and multiple buffers and stuff. also yeah we got threatened with bans for talking about our game on the old game"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman claims, "Also yaks, I like yaks. We should have more yaks."

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "Our game is going to run off tech invented in this decade"

A petite, feminine blonde boy says, "But that does mean it's taking a while"

Kinaed claims, "Did I miss any tells from anyone? I guess we're not like your other game; sorry to hear they were like that."

A petite, feminine blonde boy pontificates, "Thank you very much for being so nice!!"

Takta claims, "Hex colors! fffuuu yes."

Almaz claims, "Haha yeah. i really really like your guys' skill development system"

Azarial claims, "If you can database it from the start, that will save you quite a but of the drama I have to deal with with duplicated data."

Tomas claims, "Yes Hex colors me want so bad"

Kinaed claims to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "I think, philosophically, that anyone who enriches this genre of game is good for us all. And also that I'm not threatened by other MUDs."

Kinaed says to Takta, "I so read that as 'sex colors'."

Almaz says, "Yeah that's what we're doing. we're keeping it under our hats a little bit but if you want i can tell send a screenshot"

Takta claims, "Sex colors! Ffffuuuu yes."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman says, "Well they are."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims to Kinaed, "You know what is that they'd end up used for."

Kinaed says, "Hehe, what you get when the first letter is bright blue. IE, illegible on my laptop."

Temi states, "Kinky's mind is in the gutter again "

Kinaed says to an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build, "Ooo."

Kinaed states to Temi, "Only for five minutes a day. Cutting back."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman says, "Do you guys need a graphic designer? Or an ascii artist? I can do an ascii dolphin."

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build states to Temi, "I think we should get a pillow and at least make it comfortable, it spends so much time there."

Almaz says, "I would put an ascii dolphin everywhere"

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, so that's our Player Heartbeat... Player Topics... anything anyone want to discuss?"

Takta says, "The Slippery Dolphin needs a new sign."

Takta ponders.

Kinaed emphasizes anything*.

Temi says to an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build, "That would be nice of us"

Misune raises hand "I have something that just popped in my head...

Kinaed says, "Hehehe."

Takta claims, "Anybody has any ideas for the sky grid/thieves' highway, fling 'em my way, just a note."

Kinaed queries to Misune, "Yessir?"

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "GRAPPLING HOOKS"

A petite, feminine blonde boy pounds the table rhythmically. "GRAP-PLING HOOK! GRAP-PLING HOOK!"

Kinaed says, "Oh, those could be cool for people to get up there."

Almaz exclaims, "Galen!!!"

Takta grins.

A lithe, wild-haired young woman uses a cattleprod on a petite, feminine blonde boy.

Takta says, "I WOULD like to use eq to get around stat checks to climb."

A petite, feminine blonde boy pontificates, "AH! B-but I didn't apologize, Sawyer!"

Takta states, "Once we get that system all sorted."

A tall young man with tousled brown hair muses, "Wait. What's the sky grid?"

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "Never apologize for grappling hooks"

Almaz claims, "My othermud character's surly russian partner i dont think ever used the elevator to get up to his apartment cause he had a grappling hood"

Takta says to a tall young man with tousled brown hair, "Some mages can fly, and lots of people like to run on the rooftops like Batman."

Kinaed says, "We added flight awhile back."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman says, "I want there to be ziplines for nonmages."

Almaz claims, "Hook. also."

Takta claims, "So I'm going to be adding a rooftop grid/sky grid to the city."

Takta claims, "...as my next big thing after this plot finishes."

Kinaed says, "Some mages can fly. Anyway, we need to expand the sky now, otherwise flight is a bit limited."

Misune clears throats "Alright well I know how there are policies against playing relatives of your prior characters, but what if you wanted to play a character you had, but had liquidated for various reasons... and they weren't actually killed off, just returned to wherever they came from...

A petite, feminine blonde boy declares, "If you need help building it, I can help!"

A tall young man with tousled brown hair states, "Cooooooool."

Kinaed says, "And twisted into that is that we always wanted a thieves highway across the rooftops."

A lithe, wild-haired young woman muses, "Parkour?"

A petite, feminine blonde boy says, "Eavesdropping from roofs will be very nice"

Takta says to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "I pay QP for player-submitted descriptions or ideas for rooms, etc. :D"

A petite, feminine blonde boy trails off, "Yesss... I will be this much closer to a solid gold statue of Galen in the middle of the crossroads"
Kinaed claims to Misune, "We've allowed that before, but case by case. Contact staff to discuss."

Takta states, "Note, I also pay QP for city lore, so if you want to immortalize something of note that happened in a room, you can always Request board some lore."

Temi says, "General rule on liquidated characters is that it is permanent "

Takta claims, "(help lore for the curious)"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Misune nods "Had no idea it's been allowed before..."

Kinaed states, "It depends on the circumstances and potential impact to the game."

Kinaed claims, "We're almost to the top of the hour."

Kinaed questions, "Does anyone else have anything they'd like to add before we call it until next week?"

Tomas says OOCly, "Aye"

Temi claims, "I think the exceptions have been mainly liquidated at others request, not the owners "

Tomas claims, "Say I posted on the forums. I would love to see restringing just for keywords added. It's an entirely ooc thing so I think the money cost seems a little... bad for that. especially if you are restringing a lot of little things like food items or arrows or drinks and if you miss a keyword, it can be a big pain and not cost effective to retool everything just to fix a keyword mess up. also for items with directions on them being unable to look in a direction because of an errant keyword that can't be fixed without dropping serious coin sucks from a quality of life perspective."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A petite, feminine blonde boy says, "I remember our old game had a channel like visnet, but solely for soliciting the player base for help with builds / description stuff"

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "I think that'd be a good thing to steal"

Kinaed wonders to Tomas, "Are you familiar with the 'label' command?"

Takta states to Tomas, "Allow me to just say 'yes' to both of those things."

Takta grins.

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "Players could opt into it, if they wanted to help write descriptions and stuff"

Takta claims, "Label can't REMOVE keywords and appends the short desc in your inventory, which is annoying."

Almaz claims, "Oh cool"

Tomas nods to Takta

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed says, "Okay, writing that down then."

A petite, feminine blonde boy states, "And this game, they could be rewarded with QP! (Our old game didn't reward people for helping.)"

Takta states to a petite, feminine blonde boy, "Hmmm. I think board posts may actually work better than a channel, personally, but it's a cool idea."

Takta ponders.

Kinaed says, "We do as a matter of practice."

Azarial queries, "Maybe allow tool to adjust size up and down one, for layering?"

Almaz claims, "I love my points"

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "OH OHH one more thing before we wrap up"

Kinaed smiles at a petite, feminine blonde boy.

Tomas asks, "I also put up an idea, figured I would mention it for discussion on the forums. For a bonus for rping with nobles, sort of like for rping with order. I figure the two fall into similar realms of room clearing at times. : /viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1038&p=6540#p6540"

A petite, feminine blonde boy claims, "The forums have an idea to make retooling keywords free and I just wanted to say I would like that a lot"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman states, "Maybe it's due to me not being able to navigate the forum well, but I'd love there to be a thread that offers photographs and resources of things that would fit into the setting, like clothing, buildings, etc."

Kinaed says, "I agree, I'm cool with that"

Almaz states, "I will never clear a room with a noble i can offend"

A lithe, wild-haired young woman says, "Maybe I should start the thread."

Takta pontificates to a lithe, wild-haired young woman, "Super cool!"

Takta claims, "You should do that."

Takta claims, "I'd put up a bunch of my clothing inspirations."

Kinaed exclaims to a lithe, wild-haired young woman, "I think we might have some resources in the New Player forum? But yes, please do!"

Temi says, "Totally start any thread like that you would like to see "

Kinaed states, "Okay, everyone the hour is up."

Kinaed claims, "I'd like to take a moment to ask everyone - please consider voting for TI. This helps raise our profile so that we can attract new/more players to play with."

Kinaed claims, "It's easy, the link is right below the who list."

A petite, feminine blonde boy exclaims, "This is a game I'd actually vote for!"

Kinaed says, "Okay, on that final shameless self-serving plug... thank you, everyone, for attending this week's OOC Chat."

A petite, feminine blonde boy pontificates, "I'm voting now! *turns to the camera* And you should, too!"

Kinaed declaims, "Next week, same time, same place. See you there!"
Lurks the Forums

• Information