Log of OOC Meeting 5/9/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat May 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Takta muses, "Any topics anybody particularly wishes to discuss?"

A small arctic fox darts past you, then pauses and grins. Nine tails flutter behind her as she stands and becomes Azarial. [OOC]

Azarial was watching the weather maps. >_>

Takta says, "Az may soon be in Oz if luck is against her."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes grins.

Tomas muses, "Oh yes I was wondering if we could get a guild commands helpfile for each guild. some easy reference for what commands go with each guild and ranks?"

Takta states, "Well, that sounds like a good idea."

Takta says, "I'll make a note of that in the Official Summary whatever thing."

Takta grins.

Takta queries, "Any other topics to particularly note?"

Azarial says, "More canada, the way the wind is blowing. though it looks like the worst is cartwheeling around the donut hole."

Takta muses, "Alright, let's get started. Az, wanna update everyone on your week?"

Azarial says, "Bugs, some minor features, more on places."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes queries, "I have a vague poll question. Are other players willing to embrace ideas that don't have code backing?"

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes states, "Sorry! You can skip me, I need to give up my chair for a few minutes."

Takta pontificates to a fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes, "We can come back to it when you get back!"

Takta has transferred Aios. [OOC]

Takta muses to Azarial, "Is that about it?"

Emma gets a snowball.

Azarial claims, "I think so. not sure if it made it to the news yet to remember what I was doing."

Azarial states, "Made safe stuff for throwing so you can snowball? still wokring out darts."

Takta nods.

Takta grins.

Takta says, "I made snowballs. Also, updated the religion helpfiles."

Aios gets a hollow glass globe filled with silver-blue flecks of snow.

Takta says, "Hopefully this puts all of our Davism helpfiles in line with the Erra Pater."

Azarial claims, "Tossing should allow dart like games, though it uses the shoot archery ring point systems."

Azarial never played darts to figure that out.

Takta claims, "Eh, medieval darts would probably be different anyway."

Azarial says, "No clue."

Azarial states, "Though i guess I could work something out like pigsty."

Takta says, "In the upcoming weeks, I have more happening on Blackest Day - it is NOT over, just in a breathing period while I wait for a few things to happen and -make- a few other things happen."

Emma trails off, "Dun dun dunnnnnn..."

Azarial claims, "More '!dun !dun !dunnnnnnn'."

Takta grins.

Takta queries, "Not much for staff updates today, with just us two, so how's RP going lately?"

Emma says, "Pretty excellent"

Misune says, "Rp has been rather good. Wasn't on alot this last week, but when I was it was good"

Tomas claims, "Yeah same, I haven't been able to be on so much of late, but when I have it's been good. just really busy right now"

Audric claims, "Been enjoying it myself =)"

Emma pets Audric begrudgingly.

Takta exclaims, "Glad to hear things are good!"

Takta wonders, "Anything we could do to liven it up even more?"

Emma says, "Put rocks into the snowballs and don't tell anybody"

Azarial gives the base of the tentacle a firm squeeze, encouraging it to uncurl and writhe a moment, suckers grasping at empty air.

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes says, "I feel kind of silly admitting this, but I've had trouble getting into RP with a few characters. Maybe I'm just too old and I've forgotten how."

Takta muses to a fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes, "Aw. Any idea what the obstacles are?"

Takta contemplates the idea of a non-safe-damage snowball recipe.

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes states, "Oh, tons! Too many interests, too many SCATTERED interests, not wanting to get too wrapped up in characters I play with as others. Too many fish and possibly too many flat fish in the same pond."

Audric pelts Emma with a few rock snowballs....

Takta wonders, "Hmmm. So probably not something we can help with, huh?"

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes states, "So if anybody needs someone to quietly disapprove of immoral public behavior or to faint at the sight of blood, hit me up."

Misune trails off, "The best kind of snowballs are the ones with little bits of ice in them... easier to get away with the crime then"

Aios declares, "Ooh ooh, me!"

Emma declaims, "I'd would love that!"

Takta grins.

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes grins at Aios.

Takta says, "Well, there you go."

Emma pelts Audric with ROCKS

Azarial says, "Well, throwing a snowball like a fastball would do some harm wihtotu needing ice."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes says, "I think part of it might actually be that I'm either not around or just not aware of many big public things before it's too late."

Azarial states, "And yes, you can throw rocks, if you can find some."

Audric RAWRGHS at Emma.

Emma says, ":)"

Takta says, "We could really use that event calendar systen."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes states, "So I'm going to try to pay more attention or maybe host some more."

Takta states, "...m. System."

Azarial wonders, "Come babysit?"

Emma wonders, "Oooh. Event Calendar?"

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes claims, "Ooh yes please. On the event calendar. Not on the babysitting."

Takta states, "An event calendar's been discussed; not sure it's ever been specced."

Azarial claims, "I think she;s done with the teething fever, but he;s still coughing up a lung. <_<"

Takta asks of Azarial, "Do you have a spec?"

Azarial states, "I think so, on the bug board."

Emma wonders, "That would be so incredibly handy to have. Even off-MUD, if necessary. On the site?"

Azarial puts a bag of dolls in pico, a text editor.

Takta says, "It's hanging out on Kin's board, not yet specced."

Takta states, "She suggested I ask her about a spec and that was, uh, almost exactly a year ago."

Takta questions, "But the enthusiasm suggests maybe we should work on that, huh?"

Azarial claims, "Well, in game allows for easier translation of ic to ooc time, since ic time only passes when the game is running. the intent was to quit missing holidays from downtime."

Emma agrees!

Azarial states, "Bug 8"

Takta claims, "Oooh, I lied. I tried to search for 'calendar' and I missed it."

Takta declaims, "Guess we do have a spec!"

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes claims, "I'd adore a calender system, and also a way to set personal timezones."

Takta claims, "That's part of the spec, looks like."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes states, "Awww yisss."

Audric pictures Emma sitting on Tomas's shoulders eating party crackers IC at a Yule party.

Takta trails off, "So, once we get some babysitting..."

Takta grins at Azarial.

Takta queries to a fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes, "Right, did you want to bring up your idea?"

Azarial queries, "....is she in there?"

Takta declares, "Probably typing!"

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes claims, "It wasn't very developed, sorry. I've been toying with the idea of promoting fashion trends through the merchants guild and while I thought it could be cool to give it some power through, say, attaching influence points or something, that might be too fussy."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes says, "So I was wondering how people feel about supporting such things just as an IC cultural thing."

Takta says, "Hmm. They'd have to move pretty slowly in-game for the idea to work, but I personally like it."

Takta claims, "Some way of demonstrating your PC is particularly fashion-forward sounds fun."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes claims, "I don't see that kind of thing happen much in RP but I think that might be because nobody gets the ball rolling. Another example is, say, social bleedings."

Tomas claims, "Yeah too quickly and people won't be able to afford new outfits, but I do like fashion trends"

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes claims, "As in, getting your humors balanced in RP instead of only visiting the hospital when you SURE ARE BLEEDING."

Azarial wonders, "Maybe tag it to something simple? feathers a couple of years (heh), then codpieces, then furs, etc"

Takta grins at a fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes.

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes nods at Azarial.

Aios claims, "Even as someone who would not necessarily be ICly into fashion, I like the idea, and would like it having some impact. Kinda like crummy folk can't get into the Bluebird, maybe to do certain things or go certain places you should look the part (or bribe, again like the Bluebird)"

Audric claims, "Lolcodpiecetrends"

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes claims, "That's what I was thinking kind of, yeah."

Azarial claims, "Takta is quite the trendsetter in that regard."

Azarial nods at Takta.

Takta states, "I think it may be hard to get people into the hospital for non-coded ailments."

Takta preens.

Azarial could code aliments. >_>

Takta claims, "But I don't know what other people's objections are."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes grins.

Audric says, "Would be cool if non Gentry could use clothing of a Gentry sumptuary level to bypass social restrictions due to 'disguising' like that. Like say, a Freeman dressing above their level waltzing into the bluebird."

Audric claims, "Would, of course, give a Reeve even more reason to smack them for it."

Aios nods at a fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes.

Aios claims, "Whoops."

Aios nods at Audric.

Azarial claims, "Somewhere i have some ideas for prestige; that would help that."

Takta says, "There's been ideas for a prestige system in the past that would allow class, and visible class, to be more flexible."

Takta nods at Azarial.

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes trails off, "Since it's me, I'll probably start it with hats..."

Azarial claims, "When they go to school, so much code. so much."

Azarial heaves a sigh, her ears and tails drooping with her expression.

Takta states, "It'd touch multiple systems, though, and everybody had a different vision."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes exclaims, "That's great though. I'll look into it some more, then, thanks guys!"

Audric states, "Yeah. It'd even touch into armor and the like."

Takta states to a fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes, "I personally will buy new clothes on the slightest whim and trends giving me ideas is nice motivation."

Takta grins.

Takta queries, "Any other questions/thoughts/topics?"

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes claims, "I did think that it would give nobles and gentry some oomph too, if I approached them to model new trends."

Audric states, "It also supports the idea of the poor Nobility, the types who've squandered a large amount of their wealth trying to keep up with the Court."

Takta claims to Audric, "Yeah, not something we often get to see."

Takta declares, "Well... if we don't have anything else, this can be a rather short OOC meeting!"

Azarial states, "Or someone can start a snowball fight."

Audric claims, "I tried. It wouldn't let me pelt anyone with it :("

Audric stops using a small ring of keys dangling from a length of silver chain.
Audric holds a hollow glass globe filled with silver-blue flecks of snow in his hand.

When Audric shakes the globe, the pale blue and bright silver flecks of snow flurry into an opaque, shining maelstrom of a blizzard.

Audric stops using a hollow glass globe filled with silver-blue flecks of snow.

Emma stops using a steel dagger, crafted with the details of a blooming lily.

Emma wields a snowball.

Audric holds a small ring of keys dangling from a length of silver chain in his hand.

Azarial has created a snowbank!

Azarial drops a snowbank.

Audric weeps and liked Zeita's globe more.

Emma pulls out a dagger.
Emma flings SNOW. [Throw]
Emma swings wildly at Azarial's head!
Azarial has some minor scratches.

Azarial gets a snowball.

Azarial wields a snowball.

Azarial flings back! [Throw]
Azarial critically hits Emma's head!
Emma looks to be in excellent condition.

Audric gets a snowball.

Audric wields a snowball.

Takta says, "Oh dear"

Emma says, "Oh god."

Takta grins.

Nothing found to get.

Emma claims, "Snowball"

Azarial grins.

Emma claims, "...That was supposed to be GET SNOWBALL"

Takta claims, "Snow -daggers-."

Azarial claims, "Yeah, still need to work that out some."

Azarial trails off, "Sick kids, sick spouse..."

Emma wildly browses notes for the syntax to gather more snowballs...

Azarial states, "Crashes get attention."

That's not a container.

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Misune examines a snowbank.
(0 paces away, northern edge of the area)

Audric stops using a snowball.

Audric drops a snowball.

Emma gets a snowball.

Emma wields a snowball.

Audric states, "Bah. Combat's been wonky ever since bows went in."

Azarial asks, "Wonky how?"

Audric says, "Distances have been messed up. I have to approach my horse like 3 times to actually get close even though it says I am. Same goes for combat when you start it out close to the person or creature saying you were close but then says you aren't close enough for your weapon."

Audric states, "Etc"

Azarial wonders, "Mounts should be resolved, and post a log with maps for me on regular combat? is charge failing for you?"

Takta asks, "So approach is still saying you're close when you're not?"

Emma nodnods.

Audric states, "Yeah. And like right now... I got a snowball and tried to throw it at Emma."

Azarial changed mounting distance to use the same defined value as approach, instead of a magiuc number. <_<

Audric says, "Said I was too far away."

Audric asks, "Check the map in here?"

Emma wonders, "Oh. I have a note about charge that should likely be private... Okay to send a tell, Az?"

Takta states, "Huh."

Azarial claims, "Throw has a max range, somewhat based on ability and strength."

Audric claims, "Ah."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes says to Emma, "Always try to pay in cash."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes nods sagely.

Azarial muses, "What syntax did you use, audric? and yes, tells are fine"

Takta says, "Probably a lot of people don't have throw ranks, I suppose."

Azarial queries, "Throw, or attack?"

Emma nods solemnly at a fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes.

Audric says, "Attack."

Takta declares, "Ah!"

Azarial claims, "Daggers can be meleed with, or thrown."

Takta states, "You need throw."

Takta claims, "The snowball is technically a dagger (code limitations)"

Audric says, "Oops."

Aios punches folks with snowballs.

Takta says, "So it tried to attack with normal code."

Azarial says, "So you can whitewash someone with it, or pelt them with it."

Audric stabs people with icicle snowballs.

Takta grins.

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes claims, "Oh lord, I'm doomed."

Azarial laughs.

Audric muses, "I have an idea?"

Audric states, "Well no that's an awful idea."

Audric claims, "Nevermind."

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes flings snow at Aios! It wiffles harmlessly past his head. She appears to have negative ranks in combat. Somehow she has dropped snow down her own shirt.

Emma pulls out a dagger.
Emma crams snow into Tomas' ear. [Throw]
Emma swings wildly at Tomas's head!
Tomas looks to be in excellent condition.

Takta queries to a fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes, "A new fashion?"

Azarial was thinking a throwing only prop weapon or item type to allow for safe snowballs using a non-dagger string, or darts.

Takta states, "I wanted to be able to quiver 'em up, though."

Azarial nods.

Azarial claims, "I can extend that. but not soon."

Takta nods.

Azarial says, "So charge needs some poking."

Azarial makes a note.

Emma nodnods.

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes states, "Haha. Automatic GM slot for snowball and pie throwing."

Aios grins at a fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes.

Azarial states, "And here I thought charge had ben tested to death."

Misune ponders if he should remove these little combat parts out of the log

Aios states, "Musta been RUSHed, har har."

Takta says, "Yeah, I had given charge a pretty thorough drubbing."

Azarial claims, "If it comes in udner the weight and size limits, pies are throwable. they use half the throwing ranks and half the improvised weapon ranks"

Takta states to Aios, "Groan."

Takta muses, "Okay, okay. Any more topics/questions?"

Emma claims, "Noma'am."

Takta says, "If not I should put y'all back."

Misune wonders, "You should, but do you want to is the question?"

A fair, copper-haired woman with sea-green eyes gets a hollow glass globe filled with silver-blue flecks of snow.

Azarial has created a pie pastry filled with mushroom, pork and egg!

Azarial stops using a severed length of void tentacle.
Azarial holds a pie pastry filled with mushroom, pork and egg in her hand.

Azarial tries to throw pie! [Throw]
Azarial critically hits Takta's head!
Takta looks to be in excellent condition.

Takta says, "... :("

Emma states, "Poor Takinator."

Takta , covered in pie.

Azarial says, "Well, no free food unless that;s the gift."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Aios states to Takta, "You've got egg on your face. And also mushroom and pork."

Azarial claims, "I should make sure it outputs that a pie was thrown, otherwise yes, the pie flew."

Takta says, "On that note, I'll bid you all farewell! Thanks for coming."

Takta states to Aios, "Nom nom."
Lurks the Forums

• Information