Baddies

A place to find maps, walkthroughs, and other assistance on how to play TI Legacy. Contributers will earn Quest Points in game!

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Aneta

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 am

Tips and tricks for playing baddies, for getting involved in baddie RP, and things to consider when embarking upon the path of a villain character.

Temi

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:30 pm

My favorite villain characters are the ones that aren't black and white. A real villain should not view himself as evil, at least not at the heart, even if he knows that he does evil things. He should find internal justifications for whatever he does.

I would say that baddie issues probably fall into two different categories.

A lot of baddies fail quickly because they come on strong and quick, and people retaliate quickly and there's nothing the baddie can do to stand against it. I suggest subtle things, at least at first, and to be very careful about giving yourself away. People will latch onto small clues like carrying devious mail around or a second cloak in the inventory, so the most successful baddies are very aware of how what they do looks, and they don't just confide what they are up to to everyone they meet until they've got some reciprocal dirt. Let people in on small secrets at first that won't get you killed, and see how they take those, and then work from there up to full on into it. Patience can be hard but really pay off.

Then the other baddies have the opposite problem. There's too much bad that could happen, so they become paralyzed and just never do anything bad. They never get caught, but you really miss out on a lot of the fun and excitement. Probably the best advice here is just to take the leap and do what you want to do. Be prepared that the character might die, but don't accept that it's a foregone conclusion. Sometimes I can't believe the things that I've done and then been released. I think the trick here is that you don't have to press your guilt. Once you're caught, you're not dead until you're dead. Don't do everything in your power to make them want to kill you, and you've got a shot.

• Information