New Player Introduction

The place to discuss everything NOT-TI related. Enjoy!

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taz

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:50 am

Couldn't find one, so I'll start.

I'm Chris. Self-proclaimed ninja. Preparing for my first child within the next two weeks and professional MMA debut late 2019 early 2020. Competitive purposes only, have no designs to get punched in a head for a living :lol:

When online, I like to write stories. Working on some books. Looking forward to writing the occasional story, but probably won't be overly involved in the game aspect.

I'll probably play Taz, the smuggler from Tobori. Taz being short for something like Thaddeus Amadeus Zeros.

OOC (out of curiosity... not character ;) )

Urth's Legacy / ULRPG

is that where the term Urth came from? Wondering if any old ULRPG players are around here, kind of seems like somewhere a lot of them would of ended up at some point or something players from there would of created lol. Thought this was some type of spin-off at first. Much better base story. Seems a bit more complex than it should be for a text based game, but I'm new to this style.

My old AOL s/n was Bladed Ambition... I had to be like 12 or 13 when I found that game, 30 now. Definitely been awhile. Lied to mostly everybody and told them I was older haha, I'd be surprised if anybody that remembered me from there was here.

https://www.instagram.com/bob__chong/

LonelyNeptune

Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:54 am

Hi Chris. Happy to see new blood around. TI: Legacy is based on something called The Burning Post. Before then? No idea.

Taunya

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:58 am

I think Burning Post was a different fork of The Inquisition- more of a sister to TI: Legacy.

The setting has been called Urth since the original TI, but I couldn't say where the authors got the name from! First I've heard of ULRPG, but looking into it, it looks like it does pre-date the original TI by 2-3 years, so could be. So far as I know, all of the lore is original though.

Looks like The Inquisition turns 20 this year. Next year it can legally drink. Uh-oh.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi Chris! Welcome!

I'm not familiar with ULRPG, though that may have been TI's original owner's inspiration. From what I gather, they were highly inspired by many sci-fi and fantasy sources including the book series Dune and Black Sun Rising.

As for TI's history... the first game was opened in 1998 called The Inquisition (or TI for short), owned by Tamara Boileau. When that game shut down in 2003/2004, Tamara gave the game to me and I started The Inquisition 2. Within the first few months of that, Tamara released TI's code ro the general public, and the first Burning Post game was created. In 2008, I had my first child and gave TI2 to Qharos, who rebranded the game The Inquisition: Atonement. That game failed and in 2011, a friend who went by the name Sephone requested I reboot TI2. We did so under the name The Inquisition: Legacy because I only owned the old legacy code that paused in development at 2008 without any of Qharos' advancements. At some point, Burning Post shut down, but Burning Post II started around 2012 and continued until quite recently, I think 2018?

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Welcome to the game, Taz!

• Information