My MUD Side Project: The World of Cool Battles!

The place to discuss everything NOT-TI related. Enjoy!

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

BattleJenkins

Mon May 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Hey everyone! For the past month or so, I've been putting together a little MUD-type game as a sort of learning project - I wanted to learn an actual programming language and start to learn how to develop for multiplayer text games, and that brought me to Evennia (http://evennia.com), a very well-documented MUD engine written in Python. So I started learning Python, started tooling around, and decided to make a tiny little game implementing a new version of an RP combat system I first designed about 10 years ago for an RP forum I ran.

The result: The World of Cool Battles! Check it out here! http://wcb.battlestudio.com

This is just a tiny, RP-encouraged test game where you can create highly customizable characters and pit them against each other in no-consequence skirmishes. It has a system for custom special moves, and intuitive movement and positioning - see what interesting characters you can come up with and pit them up against each other!

Everything's a bit barebones right now, but I'm hoping I can flesh out the website a little bit more with some more details and info about the combat system. Also, I put all the code freely available up on GitHub, so if you're a codey type, feel free to learn from my code or use my combat system as a base to build your own! (And please help me organize and streamline everything if you can!)

Jondd19

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:28 pm

This honestly seems pretty fun and well made. Not usually a huge fan of completely free reign in making characters, but the system itself seems sound, though capping stats at 10 saddened me a bit haha. Definitely would love some people to join in so I have someone to test my character on :D

• Information