Changing bought headers/seals

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dice

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:38 pm

I bought a header and need to re-align one line in it - but it's going to cost the whole cost over again!

Could we please be able to edit previously bought headers for less than buying a brand new one? Maybe just 100 to edit?

Inertia

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:34 am

I agree that changing your mail settings should be cheaper.

I think right now there's an hour after setting your header and seal where you can edit it for free, but even if you're mailing yourself to check it out, that doesn't give much time for catching mistakes or tweaking a layout (assuming it's taking that mail 30 minutes to show up).

I definitely appreciate that setting an entirely new header or seal for free all the time goes against the spirit of things, but I think minor tweaks come up more often than that and it would be a great boon for players to be able to fix stuff without breaking the bank. Right now, you can adjust items you make yourself for a nominal fee so I would actually ask that it be cheaper than half price to adjust your mail settings. Maybe 1 silver is too cheap - it can be argued that you're ordering a lot of new stationery. What about 100 silver? That's the standard cost for staff to restring something in houses or to update a room description.

Onyxsoulle

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:54 pm

I can't remember what it is, but they did put in a command in the editor that lets you see what your mail would look like as if it was mailed with the header. Probably a bit faster to do this than mailing yourself.

Zeita

Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Side issue, but one tangentially brought up here. Perhaps if mailing yourself could be instantly received, that would be both handy and realistic.

Inertia

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:35 am

Onyxsoulle wrote:I can't remember what it is, but they did put in a command in the editor that lets you see what your mail would look like as if it was mailed with the header. Probably a bit faster to do this than mailing yourself.
When I write papers, no matter how closely I read it in Word, I still tend to find errors after I've printed it out. :)

• Information