Maiming

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:43 am

TI is a game of maiming, etc. We want more people running around missing a limb, etc, because it marks the times and gives people PK alternatives to punishing one another.

But we have no real idea how to do it.

What do you think?

My first thought is perhaps use the purchase command, and give back xp for the loss of a limb, etc. In return, the player would lose the pertinent eq slot and have a line in their desc saying "They appear to be missing an arm." or something of that nature.

Are there any other suggestions on how that might go?

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:55 pm

This has become topical again. Bump!

-+[-__-]+-

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Tattoos (permanent items) restrung as scars for missing fingers and hands, hooks and peg legs work for providing visible clues for RP partners; the onus is on the maimee to incorporate their injuries into RP.

Temporary stat reductions for working overs that fall short of crippling or removing. Could require OOC wait times and request/RPA with proof of attempts to regain lost function. (Since having her hand crushed beneath galloping hooves, Rosie has been taking weekly penmanship lessons with Elroy, and training with weights at the gymnasium every Lunisda.) This could also be a good self inflict option for people who want coded or RPed injuries to affect them longer.

Permanent stat reductions for limb loss and other severe damage, with XP returned. The stat in question can be permanently lowered by staff.

Permanent drop in appearance?

I wholeheartedly agree that these sorts of massive just-short-of-murdering-you detriments should carry a bit more challenge for a player than a change in how they emote, but my biggest concern is running into unforeseen issues with how code works. Dropping stats under 55 for example and losing access to a skill that ICly still makes sense to be capable of managing.

• Information