Look at all.plants

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:20 am

It would be very handy to be able to look at all plants with one command instead. Right now I have an alias that does the iteration for me, but it certainly would be handy to have that in game as a command for those alias-impaired ;) (and it is convenient).

And for more brownie points it would be great to have it for all items, also for appraise and exam. I remember what sort of pain was to go through supply of wood logs, to see which ones are almost "empty", which ones are "full" and so on.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Zeita

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:07 am

Yes please, especially regarding the plants. Since we're on a similar topic, I'm going to piggyback on it to suggest being able to judge how far away from being untended a given plant is, so that we know when it needs some composting love.

Thanks,
-Hera.

Temi

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:03 am

I'm not opposed to it. I'll let Az know. The original spec called for room tags on plants that were particularly needing of care, but that turned out to be technically difficult, so we gave up on that. I'll see how bad this would be.

Inertia

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:57 am

If it ends up too difficult, how about formalizing a keyword list to make item manipulation easier? For example I believe all but one or two plants have plant as a keyword and concoctions have concoction, but not all herbs have herb, etc.

Zeita

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Would it be easier if it showed in a regular look in the room if plants were ready to harvest or ready to be tended? Perhaps with an # and an @ (or whatever) after the long desc shown.

A fragrant apple tree grows here. (# @).

So that when you have these, it'll alert you at a glance that there is some form of further interaction possible/needed.

• Information