A disguise skill??

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Enix

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:42 am

In recent talks of all of this pertaining to the 5k PK cost and hiring people to make hits and such, i was wondering if the code allowed a skill that you could use to disguise yourself?

Now this would be tricky, because really it would boil down to a multitude of things, like clothing worn, descriptions....all of that. But if used right, you could technically disguise yourself as a noble servant or somthing to gain access to certain places you cannot because of xblocks, as well as tavarns that only allow Gentry and above.

I would not say this is fail proof to not being caught however, and i do think there should be a sign (Namely what i mentioned above, Desc's, clothing, etc...) to show people after some legitament RP with the person...."Hey wait...something isn't right." Obviously this will be RP dependant, and after really RPing with just about everyone, im sure there wont be some douche who simply notices within the first 5 seconds "Oh your not the person i know...DIE!"

As well, maybe include certain sister skills with disguise, (like the covert ability tree) perhaps a crafting type, for people who may want to RP as fashion like designers or something like that, maybe something like a make-up skill that you can use like a coded "spell" type affect, raising your Charisma to improve your Appearance for a duration of time. Things like this would really kinda be cool for Troubadours in general since they do alot of stage gigs, and normally dress vibrant and look all pretty for performing.

But this could ALSO be used with things like disguise and stuff.

Im unsure if this is really supportable with the current code though, so its really just a thought....lemme know what you think

• Information