Sort helpfiles by modification date

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Helena

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:51 am

Helpfiles are updated regularly, and not all these changes appear in the "help change" summaries. Not being aware of these changes may have grave IC consequences, but it is hard, at least for me, to be up to date with them.

Since helpfiles seem to have a modification date attached to them, could it be possible to add a command to sort the helpfiles by modification date? Something like "helpfile 2018", to list helpfiles modified in 2018 should do the job well enough.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:42 am

Helena wrote:Not being aware of these changes may have grave IC consequences.
While I think this would be a swell kind of thing, I'm not sure that I agree with the 'grave IC consequences' thing. If an issue arises in RP based around a misunderstanding of helpfiles, players should be willing to take a step back and allow for others to readjust their RP accordingly. OOC confusion shouldn't be the cause for "grave" IC consequence. As an example, I misunderstood a noble helpfile on Farra and took it to mean that only the Grand Inquisitor could write a warrant for a title noble; when this came up in RP we got a few poses in before someone sent me a tell making sure I understood the theme right, which I didn't, and the players were kind enough to back-track and make the scene a little bit less strange. If players aren't willing to allow a degree of retraction, consider asking staff for mediation.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Helena

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:39 am

I agree, "grave IC consequences" is not right. Let's say "awkward RP" instead.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Deffo's agree!
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

• Information