Least used skills

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kuzco

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 pm

I propose that the three non magical, non guild exclusive skills which are collectively the least developed in the game appear in a list like census.
This would give new players a rough idea of what area is underdeveloped.
This is merely an extension of census, and is aimed to resolve having none of certain craft type or some other skill on grid because no one has taken it.

Popcorn

Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 am

I like this idea, but if you made it only include non-guild skills as you said in the first line of your post, that would limit its usefulness in terms of determining which crafts are least represented.

Rothgar

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:20 pm

I'd be really interested to see the results of the census for skills, but I'm certain there'd be a concern about the meta if ever it was implemented. Still, interesting idea, could certainly spice up the game a little for newer players.
Rothgar Astartes, Fyurii Rynnya, Nils 'Smith' Mattias, Edward Darson, Curos Arents.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:08 pm

As a fair portion of crafting skills are technically "Guild Skills" to the Merchants above 36, those might need to be an exception.

Rabek

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:21 pm

I would suggest that guild skills are only listed if the person with the skill is actually in the guild.

Twenty people with Forging 36 that they only use for magecrafting or whatever means nothing if there are 0 actual Merchants with forging, but at the same time a census like this is most useful for finding what crafters the game lacks so you can try to fill that niche.

This suggested adjustment should hopefully balance these problems.

• Information