Stealing adjustment ideas

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Whisper

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:34 pm

I like the idea of shoplifting and stealing from NPCs as well. As long as any failures alert the Reeves I don't see an issue with it at all and it would add more profit to thievery. And I also agree that it would make more sense if crowds made it less likely to get caught not more likely. Maybe I just need more practice or to join the brotherhood if I do a thief? It could just be I'm not doing it right...though I've always stuck to small stuff when I try and I have tried in a room with a single person too. It didn't work very well.

Puciek

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:06 pm

I can't express enough the notion to join the brotherhood on your thief character. It will open your eyes, although now that may be a bit slow given current internal issues in there. Although it's worth noting that even GM steal fails (albeit very rarely when done right), because you are directly depriving another player so there must be a chance for serious consequence when doing so.

And a big no on stealing from NPCs/stores. Thieving really doesn't need a PvE source of income (more than brotherhood offers), just like hunting doesn't have it (gotta sell results to players) or really any player run professions. You are free to create an asset that represents it and has the income that way, but any other NPC-driven income is a big no-no. The reason is very simple - it creates a silver grind, which doesn't really add to RP in the end.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:01 pm

The reason is very simple - it creates a silver grind, which doesn't really add to RP in the end.
If people were committing more "victimless" crimes that gave Reeves more to do, that might lead to more RP and thus more interest in playing law-types. Several other games have crafts/systems for these sorts of things. And I'd argue the lack of things to keep entertained with is a reason some roles might difficult to drum up lots of interest. Different things create and attract RP from different people.

Creating an asset does even less for RP - no one else can know about it or interact with it. You never have to mention it and there is zero risk getting caught even for assets that represent highly heretical/immortal/illegal things.

Puciek

Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:25 pm

Not enough hooded and masked leads to follow was never a problem Reeves had. So no, this won't drive rp for the Reeves.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:55 am

Brand shiny new stealing spec ready for Staff review.

• Information