Purchase height

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Whisper

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:17 am

I don't like the idea. As it is it in chargen there are too many things to spend xp on and not enough xp to go around to begin with already. This would give even more favoritism to older players and discourage newer ones. Also it may lead to multiple characters of the same race all being the same height and that would be boring. People often vary in real life no matter their heritage. I like playing short and tall characters. Normally I lean slightly towards one or the other just to give my character extra flavor. Besides my 5'0" tubori girl is fun because she is tiny, she gets indignant when referred to as little. It can lead to fun RP in its own way so I don't think charging xp for something like that is warranted.

Rabek

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:43 am

Being app 5 can lead to fun RP, too.

Charging XP to be exceptional is how chargen has always worked. I don't think a small, token XP charge to be abnormal is some undue burden.

Not like anyone was talking about 10k per inch or anything.

The_Last_Good_Dragon

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Few, I don't like the idea, unless it was only applicable to much more extreme examples. Characters are, generally speaking, expected to be the more exceptional examples of the population.
~~ Team Farra'n'Stuff. ~~

Whisper

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:56 pm

I suppose it only being applicable to more extreme differences would work. Like I think you can purchase height 10 time right? Maybe 5 going up or down won't cost you but each purchase going over that number would? I don't know. It suppose it would be okay as long as the cost wasn't as extreme as app or wealth is. It depends.

• Information