PAY LIST improvements

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Andruid

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Between taxes and assets, there's all kinds of money coming and going directly from folks' bank accounts and none of it is recorded in PAY LIST -- this is not only inconvenient for IC bookkeeping purposes, but it makes all these systems feel really disparate and disconnected from one another.

It would be great, if, when I pay my weekly upkeep or monthly taxes, PAY LIST actually showed those withdrawals as processed in the list.

It would also be great, if, when I use ASSET REDEEM to redeem silver or purchase resources, those were also recorded in my PAY LIST.

Example:

Code: Select all

ACCOUNT BALANCE SHEET:         (Balance: 575 silver)

[From Andruid's account:]
12345    Asset 1 Resource           25 silver (shows in dark gray as already processed, when redeem is used -- or maybe put this as a one-time thing under the balance sheet, as with GL transactions)
12345    Property Taxes            100 silver (shows up in dark gray as processed, when paid out)
12222    Retainer Upkeep            25 silver (shows up in dark gray as processed, when paid out)
--------------------------------------
Total:                       0 silver

[To Andruid's account:]

12129     Asset 1              100 silver (shows in dark gray as already processed, when redeem is used)
12456     Asset 2              100 silver (shows in dark gray as already processed, when redeem is used)
12139     Kinaed               100 silver
12111     Merchants            100 silver
12223     Reeves                25 silver   weekly
--------------------------------------
Total:                     575 silver
Or something to this effect. I don't really care if the names of the assets are used, or if they show up prior to processing (as in autopaying taxes/upkeep), but at least having them show up once they've been applied would be great. For example, if I'm active and I forget to redeem my assets' silver, but it's paid out anyway after a week, it'd be great if those payments showed up once they occurred.

I don't really know if these things need their own numbers in order to be posted to this system as a transaction, but at least having them in the list would help bring everything together and make these disparate systems feel like a cohesive whole.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:09 pm

I second this.

I can say also that certain things being posted/paid to or from Guild accounts as well as individual ones without having an entry of any kind leads to some ... curiosities. Which can be fun to RP about (I certainly have) but it's one of those things were the gap in code can lead to RP weirdness and the feeling being brought into RP that something is sketchy/questionable when it is just a gap in the code.

As evidently one can RPA to look into another Guild's and potentially another person's finances that an outside source can get that info that isn't recorded for the Guild itself seems can create a dissonance in RP, so I'd love on behalf of others to get that peeked at.

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:14 am

Added to talking points.

• Information