Meditation/Fast Healing update?

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

-+[-__-]+-

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:27 pm

So after attempting to meditate instead of checking my medicine ranks a couple of times, I looked closer at the help meditate help file. Given the way wound healing is seen to now, could meditate also help hasten MV regen? You can sleep, eat and drink already to get them back, but I think giving a boost to the skill could help make it more appealing to non-mages.

Maybe even roll the coded prayer into it? That is, using the coded prayers could give the mv regen boost and/or pool meditation skill. I think this also fits thematically as I believe prayer is more about focusing your thoughts and recommitting to a faithful life, versus asking a deity for divine intervention.

Taunya

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 pm

It is practically useless for non-mages now, though mv regen boosting might be a little overpowered.
It could give boost to skill learning or something perhaps- let the pool drain a bit quicker.

Rabek

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:00 am

MV regen boosting would not be overpowered, in my opinion, for the simple fact that you can fully regain all MV in a few seconds of spamming 'drink fountain'.

Plus it's what meditation traditionally does on other MU*s, lowering confusion for new players. If I remember right, at least; been a long time since I've played anything stock.

• Information