Teaching Spam

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Andruid

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:40 am

I taught a skill using the TEACH command for the first time in a long time, last night (mercantilism, 74 ranks), and I noticed that I was being spammed with teaching messages about once per minute.

Not sure if the messaging rate is correlated to one's skill, but I was seeing about 4-5 teaching messages between emotes in a 3-person scene. It was spammy and distracting!

2-3 minutes per message would have been fine, I think, for reminding me that I was still teaching -- without necessarily being a distraction amidst my RP.

Taunya

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:43 pm

There's so much that breaks the teach thread without any indication that it did, that I actually like it being once a tick like it is.

Popcorn

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:07 am

I have to agree with Taunya here. If we replaced it with a (teaching) marker in the prompt perhaps that would be good. For now though, I find the constant messages very helpful.

Andruid

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:45 pm

Right, well... I would rather have a broken teaching thread provide an obvious output, such as, "So-and-so stops teaching." than to have to make a guess based on whether or not I'm being spammed in that moment.

Something in the "affects" part of the prompt would be great, though. I believe teaching magic already has such a thing.

• Information