Stat Checks against Difficulties

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

-+[-__-]+-

Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:41 pm

To increase the options players have for creating challenges in STs and other events, could we add the ability to check stats and skills against difficulty levels?

We could use the scale that already exists for statexits.

contest self <CHA/CON/STR/DEX/WIS/INT/SKILL> <simple/modest/considerable/difficult/tremendous/impossible>
contest self

This lets storytellers and event runners create interesting challenges without burdening staff with extra work.

Andruid

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 pm

I like it!

Whisper

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:53 pm

I like it too. I think its an excellent idea for storytellers and events where there are stat or skill related challenges.

I honestly don't see why you can't set a threshold on a regular roll? Some people like a bit of extra challenge and sometimes it would make sense for rolls to be harder. Like say a charisma check to try and charm a calm person would be easier than a charisma check to comfort someone who is seriously upset.

I myself sometimes use rolls to determine how successful my character is and try and pose to reflect the roll. So I love this idea not just for storytellers but also for everyone else who might use it.

Taunya

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:10 pm

I'd also like to see this!

• Information