Lightning Glass?

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

-+[-__-]+-

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:27 am

I've run into a few of the lightning blast markers and thought it was a very nice touch! Would Staff consider adding in a chance for the strikes to leave behind a piece of lightning glass that jewelers can use? Maybe with a slightly higher chance if it hits a PC, so they can have a consolation prize to go with all their nifty new scars...

Puciek

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:51 pm

I don't think that lightning really creates glass (at least I was never able to find an account of that actually happening) what they mare create are fulgurites which have more or less no uses besides being a decoration/collectors item.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:34 am

I think that was the nature of the idea (regardless of what we call it) people do use fulgurites for decorations or jewelry.

Maybe include fulgurites them as an item that can be used in some of the Artwork Sculpture crafts to polish them etc. Could include them in some Jewlery receipe too.

We have geodes that people can buy now that don't really have an argue "purpose" besides cool decoration stuff, so why not? :D

Temi

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:01 am

We have had lightning glass (of the fulgurite sort of form) available as a special rare gem before, though I think it is better suited to sandy areas to create it than the dirt around Lithmore.

• Information