Small Tweak to Rumors

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Zeita

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Hello,

I would like to request a small change to how rumors work, in particular around adding a second (or more) comment to a rumor that you've already commented on, especially for those that seem to linger forever.

As it stands, there is no way of identifying if you've already commented on a rumor- so I've often wasted IP unintentionally. Would it be possible to add a 'Commented' row or an identifying asterk to rumor list to signify this.

AND/OR

On the individual rumor, change the dash next to a comment into an asterisk if it came from you, or otherwise a generalised comment somewhere there 'You've already weighed on in this rumor.

AND/OR

A togglable failsafe that will stop you from commenting if you've already commented, unless you turn off the failsafe.

Thanks!

Taunya

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 pm

I've run into this issue before myself. Any of the above sounds good, but also having a warning when you review a rumor saying "Further supporting or quashing this rumor will cost 3 IP" would be a good thing. I actually typo-boarded this along with adding a warning about it to help rumor, since there was nothing about it there.

Though really, I'd prefer it if it didn't charge IP, but not effect the longevity for adding additional comments to the rumor after your first. It'd allow more commentary and arguments that way. there's always the manual 'rumor influence' command if you want to further extend or shorten the duration.

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:44 pm

It's funny actually. I just had this same issue today, though I had forgotten using IP to reply to rumors was a thing, as I've never used it before, so immediately reported it to staff.

But I do think having something to make it more clear you've commented on a rumor would be nice. Perhaps even changing the color of your reply. Or something similar to when you create a character and it double checks with you if you wish to really play mage.
Lurks the Forums

Andruid

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:48 am

I didn't even know this was a thing until the messages were added in the past few months. This has been an extremely useful update!

(And also, I think this thread can be moved to the 'Accepted' folder.)

• Information